The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Reality

by asianpersuasion & J. Darksong

Desperation

Awareness returned to Kyle quickly this time, though the situation he now found himself in hadn’t improved. Wriggling fitfully, he found himself unable to move, his arms and legs tightly bound, and his mouth fitted with a makeshift gag. Even more disturbing, he’d been stripped naked this time, his shirt discarded, and his pants removed instead of simply slid down.

“Ah, you’re awake now,” Natasha’s voice called out tauntingly, as she stepped into view. Still naked from the waist down, she was now wearing Kyle’s shirt as a nightie, holding a glass of red wine in her hand. “So, how’s it feel to be the one helpless and vulnerable now, Mr. Shadowchaser?” Kyle grunted angrily, pulling at his bonds, but Natasha merely laughed. “Oh yes, please do struggle. I found your climbing gear in the back of your closet and ‘borrowed’ some of the rope. You’re very fit, and strong, but I know a thing or two about bondage. You won’t be getting out of those ropes without help.”

“Mmrrrff! Mmmrrf!!” Kyle grunted, fitfully. Dammit! She’s right. I’m tied too tightly... I can’t get any leverage. And with my mouth gagged, I can’t use my Dragonspeak either. Shit... this is bad!

Natasha simply stood calmly, waiting for his struggling to end before speaking again. “So... what was it, hmm? What did you spike our drinks with at the soiree?” At Kyle’s blank look, she sighed. “You didn’t think we’d figure out something was up? One minute, we’re all chatting comfortably in Auri’s hot tube, and the next, we’re so fucking horny and desperate that we can’t even think straight!” She took a deep drink from her glass before continuing. “You didn’t need to drug us to get us in the mood. You were hot, young, famous... we were both planning to lure you back to the bedroom to give you the time of your life. But you... you had to go and ruin that, didn’t you? You didn’t want a pair of eager hot young women—you wanted a pair of horny, panting mindless fucktoys!”

Kyle winced slightly at the memory. He hadn’t meant for things to turn out like they had, but he thought he’d defused the situation when he’d fucked them both into a stupor then quietly saw himself out. Apparently this was some kind of revenge play, the supermodel being pissed that she and her friend had been taken advantage of. At least that was what Kyle assumed was going on. Then Natasha’s next words blew that theory out of the water.

“That stuff,” she said idly, turning to stare him directly in the eye, “it didn’t simply wear off after you left, you know. No... whatever you did to us, it’s still affecting us. Aurelie and I have been in a fucking sexual fog for more than a week now,” she said tersely, the hand gripping the glass in a virtual death grip. “Do you have any idea what that’s like?” she demanded. “To need to fucking CUM to badly its pretty much all you can think about? But you can’t... nothing can push you over the edge, and you KNOW that it won’t help, but you try and try and fucking try some more, because if you don’t, you think you’ll just go out of your MIND! And when it fails all you’re left is feeling angry and frustrated and completely fucking CRAZY!”

Kyle shuddered, real fear welling up inside him. The woman glaring down at him was clearly unbalanced. The problem was, he now realized, was that HE had done this to her. Fuck... a stupid slip of the tongue... and I was so busy trying to get out of there that I didn’t even consider that there might be lasting effects. Shit... a week. A whole week of sexual torture. It’s no wonder she broke into my house and started fucking me the instant she saw me lying here. He struggled against his bonds again, in futility. Dammit. I have to find some way to fix this somehow. If only I wasn’t gagged!

Natasha stood for several seconds, panting, trying to regain her composure. “Let me tell you what’s going to happen now,” she said after a moment. “First, we’re going to fuck,” she stated matter of factly. “We’re going to finish what we started earlier. And when I’m finally satisfied, I’m going to call Aurelie, and give her your location. And when she gets here, she will fuck you until SHE’S satisfied. And then you’re going to undo whatever you did to us.” She grinned maniacally at him. “And I know it was more than just some drug. You also messed with our minds... to make us dependent on YOU! Some kind of hypnosis or something... I remember you yelled out some kind of nonsense trigger phrase to set it off. So guess what, smart guy? That gag is staying on until you undo what you did!”

Gaaaah... really?!? Kyle thought dismally. How the hell does she expect me to undo it if I’m tied and gagged? Use mental telepathy?

Just then, however, the sound of metal against glass caught his attention, and he glanced up to see a second figure inside his bedroom. Natasha, hearing the sound as well, whirled around... just as a heavy ceramic vase came crashing down on top of her skull. A small squeak escaped her lips as she collapsed, falling dazed onto the bedroom floor.

“KYLE!” Patty Johnson cried, rushing over to the bed, blushing slightly as she noticed his nakedness before working quickly to remove his gag. “Master, are you all right? Did she hurt you?”

“Patty? Thank goodness. No, I’m fine, really,” he said, wincing slightly as she pulled his arms forward to begin untying him, “though if she’d tied me any tighter, I might have dislocated something. Tell me... how did you know I was in trouble?”

“Leila. She sent me IM from the temple,” she replied, grunting in frustration, before walking over to his desk and retrieving a letter opener to loosen the knots. “You’ve got to log back in as fast as you can! The game has you still logged in, replaced with some weird placeholder icon or something. And according to JD, if anything happens to it, you die. The others are getting thrashed playing defense to keep you safe until you can get back in, but I’m not sure how much longer they can hold on!”

Frowning, Kyle nodded, taking it all in stride. “Understood. As soon as I’m free I’ll log back in.” He glanced over at the unconscious girl on the floor. “I trust you can take care of my unwelcome visitor for a bit until I can log back out again?”

Patricia nodded with a savage grin. “Oh, yes, I think I can handle her,” she spat venomously. “Tying you up? Threatening you? Hmph. She’ll be lucky if there’s enough left of her for the police to cart off by the time I get through with her!”

“No, wait, Patty,” Kyle winced. “It’s not her fault. It’s... complicated.” he ended lamely, at her incredulous look. “I don’t have time to explain right now,” he said, freeing his legs, walking back over to his computer terminal, grabbing the cable jack. “Tie her up and gag her like she did me, but don’t call the police. I promise I’ll explain everything as soon as I can.”

“Okay, Kyle,” she said dubiously, glancing down at the supermodel at her feet. “If you say so.” Satisfied, Kyle sighed deeply, and, plugging the cable back into his headset, dove back into the virtual world once more...

* * *

“So, are you back with us again?” Calypso asked as James shook his head to clear it, wincing slightly at the burn on his shoulder. Several feet away, Anadriel was keeping the dragon busy, pelting her with every spell in her arsenal while Leila kept vigil in front of Kyle.

“Um, yes… and thanks for that,” James replied, blushing slightly. “I guess it’s a good thing you saw what was happening.”

“Actually, you can thank Dri. She was the first one to notice.”

James nodded then sighed. “Listen… we need to finish this battle fast. The dragon inside me is trying to get back out, and I may not be able to hold him back. And we still need its power—If I seal him back fully, I wont be able to use magic for a while until I recover, and it will cancel the magics I placed on you as well.”

“That won’t be good,” Calypso murmured, shaking her head. “That boost is enabling us to hold our own and avoid her attacks for the most part, even if we’re still barely doing any damage. If that happens we will be at a huge disadvantage.”

“Well… I do have a plan,” said James grimly, “but I’m going to need your help. I need you and Anadriel to charge up your strongest thunder magic, put every bit of mana you can spare into it.”

“Every bit…?” Calypso said, frowning, “But—”

“Just trust me on this. Fire it when I signal like this,” he gestured with his hand. Then he quickly formed another seal with his hands and the bubble broke up into smaller capsules and encased each of the girls and Kyle, as a final protection. “Dri, are you ready?”

“Just give the word!” she yelled back, sprinting across the room, dodging rapid fire torrents of water with inhuman elven speed.

Okay. Here goes… everything! With a loud cry, James turned and charged towards Lugia, chanting loudly: ‘Ventus Draco Pugna, Lunar Requiem! With a mighty exhale, he let loose with a solid blast of air towards Lugia who confidently countered with her own watery breath, engaging in a magical tug-of-war. Lugia’s breath attack easily pushed back the much weaker James’ breath, forcing him back. Just before the inevitable outcome, however, he gave the signal. The Elven sorceress and the Arcane mermaid let loose with all of the accumulated power that had been collecting their tremendous magic aura and unleashed it at them both. There was a earthshaking clap of thunder, and the entire room went white…

When the flash ended, the dragon was down, lying on its side, thrashing. James too, lay on the ground, off his feet, but though slightly scorched, he was laughing. “Hehehe… how’d you like that, Lugia?” he said, coughing slightly, struggling to get back to his feet. “Bit off more than you could chew with that one, didn’t ya? A dragon’s hide might me too tough to be affected by magic spells, but your insides are a different story!” He groaned, but managed to get back to his feet.

Anadriel, just as exhausted from expending all of her remaining mana, nodding in amazement. I see! He purposely provoked her into using her water breath with that challenge. And the water acted as a lightning rod, drawing in our attack past her defenses, while his air breath shielded him from the worst of the effects. Heh… simple physics—given a choice, electricity will always choose the path of least resistance. Brilliant. Completely insane, but also brilliant…

“Is it over? Did we get her?” Leila asked, stepping forward, only to bring her spear back to the ready as Lugia rose once again, regaining her feet, though noticeably unsteady. Her eyes were somewhat glazed, its massive lifeline reduced to its last few hundred hit points. She was down, but not yet out.

Leila swallowed, glancing around her. Everyone else was pretty much wasted, having given their all to bring the massive titan down to this point. It’s up to me now, she thought, gripping her weapon firmly. This time, no hesitation, no second guessing. I take her down now, and Master is safe. And we can all go home.

“Wait!” James called out just as Leila prepared to strike, pausing as the weary half dragon wind mage strode over to her. “Let me do it. Let me make the final strike. Please!”

Leila hesitated when Lugia spoke in a low growl. “Do not think me beaten just yet,” she murmured, heaving mightily. “Before you strike, let me give you a fair warning dragon boy—I have a slayer attribute on me. If you kill me… I assure you, you and your friends at least will not survive…”

“What ?” exclaimed Dri, as she and Calypso made their way over as well. “She is a slayer?” She looked at James. “You DO know what a slayer attribute is, right? You hit her with a deathblow, and she will hit back with double the power! And you can barely stand as it is!”

James was sweating and panting like an asthmatic – the after effects of pushing his powers to their limits while trying not to rely on his inner dragon side were all taking their toll. He was risking his life… and with Calypso out of magic, there was no one there to heal him if he pushed himself too far. “Yes… I know what a slayer is. But I MUST GET STRONGER… and this is probably my last chance to do so.” He drew his blade, gathering the last of his own remaining mana. Facing Lugia, he gave her a fierce grin. “This is the way dragons fight after all… to the death!” With a loud cry, he charged in, focusing all his power into the blade… leaping high to deliver a final strike. As the blade plunged in, the dragon let out a loud mournful cry… and a bight red light began to stream out from the wound. “Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggh!” James yelled in pain as the damaged transferred to him, a bright scarlet light enveloping his being before sweeping out across the room—

“No, I don’t think so!”

The red light faded into a calm peaceful blue, as Leila, Anadriel, and Calypso glanced up to see a figure in front of them, arms outstretched, shielding them with a glowing sphere of energy. Who… wait… Master?!? Leila realized suddenly, as Kyle glanced back behind them, giving her a grin. He’s back! He came back… just in time…

When the light finally subsided, the outcome was revealed. Lugia, reverted back to human form, knelt down on the ground on one knee, panting softly. The whole floor of the chamber, from the walls to the ceiling, was stained an eerie red, part blood, part flickering energy from the slayer discharge. James lay on the ground a few feet away, motionless.

“Oh gods… James! JAMES!” Calypso yelled, rushing to his side, followed shortly by everyone else. “You… you damned fool! You idiot! Why? WHY? After all the preaching you did about me being careful, me taking it easy… and you do… this…”

“It was because of his Zen,” Lugia answered, walking up behind them. “It’s because he is a dragon like myself. Our strength and power is both a blessing and a curse. We do not ‘level up’ as you do. We can change our damage in battle into power and improve from the next fight—but in doing so, we must risk death in taking mortal damage.” She smiled, shaking her head ruefully. “One must risk much in order to gain much.”

Huh. Now I think I understand JD’s comment before about it being a ‘Super Saiyun class. “Risk big, huh? Well, that he certainly did,” Kyle replied, kneeling down, raising a hand to James’ chest, “but it looks like he managed to skate the line this time. He’s still alive… with six whole life points! But alive is alive,” he said, using his healing magic to restore the boy’s health. James groaned softly, then sighed, relaxing as the pain slowly began to relent.

“Indeed, he truly gave his all,” Lugia replied with a sigh, gesturing with her hands, as a small golden circlet appeared in them. “Here is your gift, the Diadem of Arcaniss,” she stated, handing the golden circlet to Calypso, giving her a wan smile. “You have all done very well in facing my challenge… especially you, dear one.”

Bonnie blinked in surprise at the praise. “What? Me?”

“Indeed, little one,” Lugia said kindly. “It is so rare for you to leave your cove. But I see that you did so for the sake of your friends.” She sighed softly. “I’d always hoped you would find someone special that would help bring you out of your shell. I am not truly your mother, my dear Bonnie, but the part of me that exists in this form knows that she would be very proud of you.”

Calypso nodded, turning away as tears beginning to flow. “Thank you… mom,” she whispered softly. Turning to the others, she forced a smile. “Well… we have what we came for. Let’s take our leave. James needs to rest, and he’ll recover faster in the outside air.”

* * *

“Ah, you’re back!” Jeffrey said with a soft sigh. “I was beginning to think you were going to sleep all day.”

“Actually,” Serena replied with a yawn, “I haven’t actually slept yet. I took a shower, grabbed a quick snack, then started working on something.” She glanced around. “Where’s Honor? I thought she’d be here waiting for me.”

“Yeah, well, some things have happened while you were gone,” JD replied, “a bit of a crisis that she had to take care of. Something happened to Kyle back in the real world and he got forcibly pulled offline in the middle of the boss battle—”

“WHAT?” Serena yelled. “Is he okay? Do you know what happened? What about everyone else? Are they still fighting the dragon—”

“Whoa, whoa whoa, one question at a time,” JD protested. “Look, kid, right now, you know about as much as I do. Leila messaged Honor from the temple, and she logged out to go check on Kyle, since she only lives a few blocks away, That was more than an hour ago. She hasn’t logged back in, or sent a message so far, so I have no idea what’s going on.”

“Kyle...” Serena whispered softly, lowering her head. JD placed a hand gently on her shoulder.

“Hey, now, none of that,” he chided her. “That boy’s way too strong and persistent to let anyone or anything stand in his way. Trust me... he’s filled with ‘determination’. Whatever is happening out in the real world, I’m sure its fine by now. And your buddy Honor will make sure of that. In the meantime, the best thing WE can do would be to go to Reus Polten and meet them when they return. However things turn out, you can bet they’ll all be exhausted and worn down, and will need to rest and recover a bit.” He gestured lightly, creating a swirling portal around them. “Come on. I’ll fill you in on what I’ve been up to on the way...”

* * *

“Okay... it’s done,” Kyle said wearily, as he removed his headset, turning his computer chair back around. “Was actually kind of anticlimactic, really. James and the others had everything under control. By the time I came back online, they were just finishing it off. Everyone made it through the encounter okay. It was apparently pretty close for a while, but yeah, we all came through alive and well.”

Patty nodded. “That’s good to hear. I was kind of worried there for a minute or two.” She sighed, turning to face the bed, and the woman tied up there, glaring at them. “So, what are we going to do about her?”

Kyle sighed deeply. “I guess I should start with introductions, huh? Patty, this is Natasha Volkov. She’s a famous supermodel, and will be headlining at the Obelisk Cup this year. Natasha, this is Patricia Johnson—”

“Yes, we ‘met’,” Patty replied stiffly, “while I was getting her tied up. She has quite a vocabulary for a supermodel... I bet she could make a sailor blush.” She blinked, then turned to gaze at her again. “Wait! Model... you mean she’s the girl from the party?”

Kyle nodded. “Yeah. Her and her friend Aurelie. That’s what this is about, really. I accidentally used Dragonspeak on them, and well... pretty much the same thing that happened in Calypso’s cove yesterday.” He turned to look at Natasha. “The difference is, I kind of left the party before finishing things with them. And this... Natasha breaking in here and tying me up—it’s because she’s spent the past week on the verge of orgasm, but not being able to cum.” He lowered his head. “I swear, I had no idea. I didn’t mean for it to happen. But, that doesn’t excuse it. And that doesn’t make it all better.”

Patty glanced at the other woman in sympathy. “Damn... a whole week?” She shuddered. “I probably would have gone bonkers after three days.” Turning back to Kyle, she asked the obvious question. “So, what do we do now?”

“Well... I don’t know if this will work the way I want it to, but I don’t really have much choice. And Natasha, again, I’m very sorry for this. Patty, cover your ears a second.” Once she had, Kyle turned to stare directly into Natasha’s eyes. “Nif dout rinic ekess ve.” he said in a calm clear voice. The bound supermodel’s eyes widened slightly, then dropped to half lids. Nodding to Patty, who began untying her, he continued. “Natasha, listen carefully and obey. All the sexual tension you’ve felt the past few days is gone. You can cum normally again, without any restrictions. Now, when you are fully untied, you will get dressed, leave the house, call your friend Aurelie, and bring her back here so that I can help her as well.” He paused, considering. “And if I’m not here, or logged in, you two will wait here quietly for me to return. Got that?”

“Yes, Sir,” she said as Patty removed the gag. “I understand. Will bring Auri back here and wait patiently for you. I will obey.” Nodding once, she stood up from the bed and went to retrieve her clothes.

“Huh. That seems kind of weird,” Patty commented, watching Natasha dress. “She’s acting pretty much like she’s a zombie. I don’t recall acting like THAT when you made me your slave.”

“That’s because she’s not my slave,” Kyle answered, retrieving his spare headset. “I used a completely different phrase this time to put her into a waking trance. She’ll obey my instructions, but when I’ve fixed this, I can wake her up and send her on her way without her being attached to me.” Natasha stiffened at that, momentarily, as if saddened, then continued getting dressed, and walked out.

Kyle handed Patty a Netgear headset. “Come on. Let’s head back in and meet up with everyone again. By now, they should all be settled back at our encampment near the shore...”

* * *

A large campfire blazed, illuminating the evening as Kyle and his friends sat around it, resting, relaxing, and just generally taking a moment to decompress. James had been healed, and had bid everyone goodnight, returning back to his territory to rest and recover fully. They’d all compared notes, and the entire story had been relayed: what had happened to Kyle and why, what Stein and his people had discovered in tracking Marion’s movements, and what JD had been up to during the time he’d been away. All the while, Leila had virtually hovered around Kyle, always just a few steps away, as if she half expected him to simply poof at any second. Serena, likewise, seemed to be somewhat moody, depressed even, though she was trying to put on a brave front about it. Kyle was keenly aware that something was wrong with her, but wasn’t sure how to broach the subject with either or them. Finally, as the stars came out, and the fire waned, Kyle stood up and stretched.

“Okay. This has been great. And productive. Looks like we’re in pretty good shape right now, all things considered. With the Diadem Calypso received, we now have three of the seven relics. According to Stein’s Intel, Marion had two relics, and just picked up his third a little while before we did. That mean’s there’s one left to go. But according to JD, the last one hasn’t gone active yet, so there’s nothing to be done until it does.” He yawned. “In the meantime, I think we all need to get as much rest as possible, and relax... and try and put the search for these relics as far behind us as possible for now.”

“All well and good for the rest of you,” JD replied with a shrug, “but I don’t really, um... sleep. Plus, the Admins will lock on if I stay out in the open for too long, so, I need to keep fairly mobile. So I think I’ll go make sure James is settled in, then I suppose I might as well search for more clues to the last relic’s most likely resting spot, see if I can narrow it down a bit. But don’t worry, I’ll keep in touch.” With that, he teleported away.

The rest of them sat there for a moment longer, until Calypso rose to her feet as well. “Sorry if this sounds strange, especially after spending all that time in that dungeon, but I’d really like to go for a swim,” she stated, stretching idly. “It’s been a while since I’ve been here to the coast, and a night time swim would really hit the spot right about now. Honor? Dri? Would you girls like to accompany me?” she said, stressing their names. Anadriel nodded, standing up as well, but Honor shuffled her feet, glancing down.

“Er, well, I’d like to, but, um,” she began awkwardly, but Calypso wrapped an arm around her waist.

“Don’t worry about it, sweetie,” she whispered gently. “You’re with a mermaid. I won’t let you drown. Besides, who better to teach you how to swim?” Giving her a kiss, she turned and lead them all back towards the shoreline.

Once they’d left, Kyle let out a heavy sigh. “Well, that wasn’t completely obvious or anything,” he muttered softly, before turning to face the two remaining girls. “Okay. What’s wrong with you two?” he asked point blank, causing them both to turn and gape. “Serena, you’ve been downright depressed from the moment you got here. And Leila, you’ve been clinging to me like we’re superglued together. Now, tell me—what is going on with you two?”

Both girls glanced briefly at one another, then sighed. “I... I’m sorry, Master,” Leila said softly, staring down at her feet. “I... I just... I mean... I feel like I failed you. I was supposed to protect you, to keep you safe... but you almost died. I had a chance earlier, to finish the fight… to maybe take Lugia out… and I choked. I screwed up, and everyone else nearly paid the price. And in the end, you ended saving me, saving all of us—” Kyle silenced her with a soft kiss, and after a moment or surprise, she sighed, melting into him.

“First of all, Leila, you didn’t fail me. What happened was in no way your fault at all. In fact, I would not be here right now if it wasn’t for you... your bravery and quick thinking. It was your idea to contact Honor. And anyway, it wasn’t one person that beat Lugia—It was a group effort. All of you working together took her down.” Leila opened her mouth to protest, but Kyle shook his head, cutting her off. “My point is, without you playing your own very important part, we would have failed. Dri told me how you protected me, nearly dying in the process. I’m still here now because of you, Leila. And I won’t hear another word to the contrary. Okay?”

Leila nodded, smiling even as the tears started again. “Yes, Master. Thank you, Master,” she said hugging him again. “And... I’m sorry if I’ve been smothering you... I was just... I didn’t—”

“It’s okay, baby. Really. But I’m fine, now. And I’m taking steps to make sure nothing like that happens again.” He sighed softly, and turned to Serena. “Okay, Rini, so what’s your issue? Why have you been so down in the dumps?” The weretigress merely sighed, shaking her head. “Serena,” he said sharply, causing her to face him. “Tell me. Why are you so depressed?”

“I... I’m sorry... It’s really nothing,” she said dismissively, biting her lip, hands fidgeting nervously. “I’m just... being selfish, that’s all. It’s stupid... definitely nothing compared to what Lei was going through..” She trailed off as Kyle moved closer to her, placing a hand under her chin, looking her square in the eyes. When he spoke again, he left no doubt that it was a command, not a suggestion.

“Tell. Me.”

“I’m useless to you!” she said, in a gush, unable to disobey, unable to hold back the words. “I couldn’t help you! At all! You were right—you only won today because everyone worked together. Everyone... except me!” She sobbed, breaking out into tears, shaking fitfully as Kyle and Leila both held her. “Even... even Honor... she wasn’t there, but... she still... saved you... went to you house and rescued you... from that stalker! And me? I was at home... resting,” she spat, derisively, as if it were a swear word, “doing ‘research’” she said, laughing bitterly between sobs, “trying to be useful... the only thing I was... ever good at... for Honor... was finding out information... but even that... JD and Stein... they gave you everything... everything you needed...”

“Rini, sweetie, that’s not true,” Leila told her gently, rocking the taller girl lightly in her arms. “You’re not useless. Hell, you’re more useful than I am. During most of that dungeon, we kept saying, ‘oh gawd, I wish Serena was here to help with these goddamn puzzles’. And your strength and quickness as a weretiger would have been useful as well!” She lifted her chin and kissed her softly. “Sweetie, don’t you realize how important you are to Master, to me, to all of us? And its not just about being useful, you know...”

“Huh... It’s not as if I stand out any other way,” Serena muttered softly. “You and Honor and Dri, maybe... but I’m just there in the background. I could disappear and no one would probably even notice...”

Kyle held her sharply in surprise, taking in her words. It was a surprise knowing the weretigress was so... so emotionally fragile. She’d always seemed so strong outwardly, so stubborn and steadfast. He remembered when he’d saved her from the trial and she’d pledged her life to him, following him over half the country even when he’d done his best to lose her and leave her behind. She was beautiful sexy, and smart, all of which appealed to him greatly. Yet it seemed she felt as if she were in competition with the other girls, a competition that she felt she was losing. Scowling, he pulled away from her suddenly, causing both girls to stumble momentarily.

“SERENA!” he said sharply, causing her to yelp and stand at attention. “Slave, who am I?”

“Y-you’re Kyle, my Master,” she said nervously, confused by the suddenly of the question.

“Yes, I am your Master,” he said scowling deeply. “And you obey my every command, my every wish, do you not?”

“Yes, Master,” she responded instantly. “Anything! I will do anything you desire, anything you command!”

Kyle nodded softly, trying to pick his words carefully. “And if I commanded you to leave, go away, out of my sight, and never return, would you?” Leila gasped in shock, but Kyle raised a hand. “Answer me, slave!”

Slowly, Serena nodded, feeling her heart shatter in her chest. “Yes, Master. I would obey. I... I would leave and n... n-never... return.”

“Yes. And I know this as well as you do,” Kyle said, reaching out to grab her arm as she turned as if to walk away. “And yet, I have NOT given you that command, have I?” Serena blinked in confusion. “I’m not telling you to leave me, Serena,” he said, gentler this time, giving her a sad smile, “nor have I ever, from the moment you became my slave. I’ll admit it—you were a bit of an inconvenience for me in the beginning, just after the trial at the Lynx compound, when you kept following me around. Back then I kept telling you to go away and leave me alone. And you wouldn’t. And yet, now that I can actually MAKE you leave me alone, I haven’t. So think about that carefully, and tell me, slave... why do you think that is?”

Serena stood there, eyes shining, mulling over his words. She was highly intelligent, a puzzle solver, so Kyle stood there, letting her work it all out for herself. Sweet words were all well and good, but actions spoke louder, and as Serena thought back on his actions over the past several weeks, a soft smile finally creased her lips. “Oh... Master,” she wept, returning to his arms again, crying even harder than before, but happy tears this time.

“Well... isn’t THIS a heartwarming little scene.”

Kyle and the others jumped apart, whirling around in alarm, gaping in shock at the intruder. Just a few feet away stood Vale Stormsinger, grinning at them with the usual haughty sneer on her lips. The rest of her, however, was far different from her usual appearance. Her long blonde hair was awry, matted and dirty, and her armor was likewise dirty and damaged, with jagged tears and rips in places. There was even dried blood splattered in various spots, contrasting strongly with her soft pale blue skin.

“Vale,” Kyle said frowning, reaching idly for his sword, even knowing he’d placed it inside the tent with the rest of his supplies. “What brings you here? Sightseeing?”

“Not really,” she quipped, panting heavily, still smiling despite her injuries, “but I did see quite a sight just now. The mating dance of the yellow bellied were-whore and her mate. But uh oh! What’s this? A rival has appeared to challenge the were-whore for her prize! Which one will win is anyone’s guess!” she finished with a laugh.

“That’s it!” Serena snarled, her were blood going into a boil, claws and fangs emerging. “I don’t know who the ‘winner’ will be, but I sure as hell know who the loserrrr is gggoinnng to beeeee!”

“Hey, hey, calm down, Kitten,” Vale said, backing away, both hands up. “I’m not here to fight.” She grunted, nearly doubling over. “As you can probably tell... I’ve had more than enough of battle for a while.”

“So?” Leila replied with a savage grin, drawing her spear. “That will just make it easier to stab you.”

“Now, now, hold on, both of you,” Kyle said, calling them both off. “Let’s at least hear what she has to say.” Frowning, he glared at the snow elf. “Okay, Vale, Tell us why you’re here. And for your sake, it had better be good.”

“Oh yes, I’ve got a reason,” she replied, smirking again, as she approached and dropped to one knee. “Kyle Shadowchaser, I’ve come to bargain.”