The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Research and Developemnt

Summary: ds, fd, ff, mc

Synopsis:

Abby has a job interview at Allegiance Unlimited, the leading company in professional training software.

Header:

Research and Development is a work of adult fiction and contains sexually explicit material that some may find offensive. It is meant for persons over the age of 18 and is not suitable for children.

All characters contained within are purely fictional, any similarity of any character, organization, event or place to any actual person, organization, event or place, is purely coincidental.

The author reserves all rights to this work. It may be freely distributed, posted and archived electronically only in its entirety including all header material. It may not be sold in whole or in any part, or as part of an electronic document, printed material, voice recording or any other manner without proper copyright clearances being obtained from the author.

WARNING: This fantasy contains depictions of non-consensual, unethical and/or coercive interactions of hypnotic and/or sexual nature. Real life sexual acts, especially those involving hypnosis, should always include informed consent of all participants.

WARNING: This story contains actual hypnotic inductions. The author is not responsible for any side effects related to hypnotic suggestion found therein. Sensitive readers are advised to take caution when reading these, as they may be phrased in second person.

Chapter 1: The Interview

The elevator dinged pleasantly as it reached the 10th floor, the chrome doors sliding softly aside to reveal a pristine foyer furnished with sleek black chairs and a clear glass coffee table of asymmetric design. The room was clearly meant to impress upon its visitors a sense of style and intimidation, and it was having its intended effect on Abby Wilson as she mustered her confidence and set foot on the jet black marble floor.

“Hello, my name is Abby Wilson. I’m here for a two o’clock appointment with Miss Faust.” she said, holding up her temporary ID tag to the receptionist, a trim, well-groomed man in his mid-thirties.

The receptionist glanced at the ID briefly and checked his monitor. He looked back up and smiled broadly at her. “Of course, Miss Wilson. Please wait one moment while I notify Miss Faust of your arrival.”

He held up his index finger for her to wait while he spoke into his headset mic. “Excuse me, Miss Faust? Your two o’clock is here.” he waited a few moments. “Yes, she is.” He nodded. “Yes, Miss Faust, I’ll send her in.”

The receptionist looked back at Abby and motioned towards the double doors at the end of the Foyer. “Miss Faust will see you now. Her office is straight through the doors, last suite on the left.”

Abby thanked him and walked through the doors he indicated, her heels clacking on floor with a great deal more self-assurance than she felt at the moment. As soon as she crossed the threshold she took a moment to gather herself, smoothing out the jacket of her designer skirt suit. She took a deep breath. It was miracle that she had made it this far. It was almost impossible to get a reply back from Allegiance Unlimited, much less a job interview. Abby was in her final round of interviews now, and she had no plans on looking back. Steeling herself, she crossed the last few paces and came to the door of a corner office, the name “Dr. Olivia Faust, VP of Research and Development” frosted on the glass.

Abby cracked the door to find the office was luxurious and well-kept, lit dimly by a series of small lights tucked away in hidden recesses along the ceiling. It was subdued, almost moody, yet in an elegant way that reminded her of a classy lounge. Abby was expecting to find a sturdy “I’m-the-boss” desk with a grandiose high-backed chair like the kind you see in the movies. She was surprised instead to see only a small, functional computer desk, stashed out of the way in an alcove. The focus of the room seemed to be more for the comfort of the guest than the occupant, with an array of large comfortable arm chairs around a clean black table in the center of the room, only reinforcing the impression that this was more a place for quiet conversation than intense business meetings. One of the chairs was occupied by a dark-haired woman in her early forties, her expression fixed intently on a laptop perched on the armrest, eyebrows knit with the concentration of someone who doesn’t have seconds to waste in a busy day.

“Come in,” the woman said, setting aside the laptop and rising to greet her guest. “You must be Miss Wilson.”

“Yes, hello.” Abby said, walking forward to shake the woman’s hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Miss Faust.”

“Likewise. Please, sit down.” she said, gesturing to one of the oversized lounge chairs. “I’ve looked at the notes from your first round of interviews and your qualifications seem more than satisfactory. However, in order to proceed I must also determine if you possess the necessary personality to fill this position.”

“Of course.” Abby said, sinking into the cushion of the chair across from Miss Faust.

“Before I begin, tell me what you expect from the position.” said Miss Faust, her eyes focusing intently on her would-be employee.

“Well, I’ve been a personal assistant before. Not in the tech industry, mind you, but in fashion, so I know the drill. Scheduling, running for coffee, ordering food, filing paperwork, taking notes.” Abby said.

“But that’s just in the official job description.” she continued, taking the opportunity to show her experience, “I know that in reality, I can expect long hours, sometimes handling things that come up in the middle of the night, and the odd jobs people don’t really talk about.”

“Such as?” Miss Faust raised an eyebrow.

“Knowing everything you like and don’t like, fixing things when they go horribly wrong at the last second, running interference on people you’d rather not talk to but can’t afford to offend by blowing them off, having an extra pad in my purse in case you run out at a bad time.” she laughed, taking a risk hoping that her joke would be seen as pragmatism rather than impropriety.

The businesswoman chuckled at that, a smile cracking her stern demeanor. “You’re bold. I like that.”

“I figure you probably don’t want someone squeamish to do this job. Best to show that up front, right?” Abby said, relieved.

Miss Faust nodded. “Quite right. Now, what do you know about our company and, more specifically, my role in it?”

Abby was ready for questions like this. She did her homework. “You’re the biggest name in professional training software on the market right now. From a business standpoint, you focus on cutting edge innovation and high quality control, building a top notch reputation around your brand to offset the considerably higher cost your products have compared to your competitors.”

“As for you, Miss Faust, as the head of R&D, I would imagine that puts you at the center of it all. Your company’s entire competitive edge relies on your work, so you are undoubtedly both influential and under constant internal pressure. I’m sure your competitors would give almost anything to know what you’re up to in the research department.”

The older woman nodded, “I see you’ve done your research. Tell me, what do you think the most important quality is in my personal assistant?”

“That’s a tough question. I mean, it is a big job requiring many talents. I could cop out and say ‘versatility’ and be pretty close to the truth, but I think you want a better answer than that. If I had to pick something specific, I would say ‘dedication.’ This job is going to be long hours, high stress. It requires someone who can stick with it. Someone like me.”

Miss Faust nodded thoughtfully, leaning forward. When she spoke again it was with a voice as smooth as silk, yet with a firmness that brooked no disagreement. “Close. Both good answers. However, everyone who got past the first round of interviews is both versatile and dedicated, with a long CV.” she paused, scrutinizing Abby’s reaction to being corrected. “It takes more than that.”

“You weren’t wrong when you said that my competitors would give almost anything to know what it is that I do. For that reason, the most important quality for this position is loyalty. You can be loyal, Miss Wilson, can’t you?” Miss Faust said fluidly.

“Of course!” Abby said eagerly.

“Good.” Miss Faust said, her gaze locked on Abby’s, “Before I go into any more questions, I’m going to explain to you the job requirements in more detail and go through some of my assessments of you thus far. I may ask you questions from time to time. Answer them briefly and to the best of your ability, but please hold your questions until the end and don’t interrupt. ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ answers will do. These are requirements for the job, so you will need to pay attention closely.”

Abby nodded.

“This brings me to my first point. In this line of work, the stakes are high, so it is an absolute necessity that you are a good Listener.” Miss Faust said, tapping her pen as she enunciated the last word. “I don’t like repeating myself, which is why you are expected to understand my meaning the first time. This won’t always be easy; sometimes business situations are delicate, so you will need to read between the lines.”

“Half of my job is politics, and politics means subterfuge,” she continued, “You may find that what I say is ambiguous or has double meanings. Your job is to parse through those so that you can follow my lead, even if that means doing so in a way that isn’t obvious. If I need to be deceptive, you are along for the ride. This means that when you are with me, Miss Wilson, you must give me your absolute focus.”

“I’m not particularly concerned on this last point. I can tell already from how closely you’re following along that you are a good Listener” Miss Faust said, tapping her pen again. “Isn’t that right, Miss Wilson?

“Yes, of course,” Abby agreed.

“Very good. Another important quality that you must have is composure,” Miss Faust said, flowing into her next point without pause, “This is a demanding job, and I am a demanding woman. It is important that you remain calm no matter what I ask of you, even in difficult situations.”

“I’m sure you realize that in this line of work, you need to be able to let go of tension when you’re in stressful situations. It’s a busy world, and stress can build up on you if you’re not careful. Even the best of us can feel that tension, whether it’s a knot in the gut, or a tightening in the chest, everyone eventually feels it. I’m sure you already know what I’m talking about,” she said meaningfully, holding Abby in her piercing gaze, “After all, we both know how tense it can be in the last round of job interviews, and that’s before you even get to the job itself. It is quite a wringer.”

Abby felt herself tensing up, her eyes betraying her fear of losing her composure at this critical moment. Could Miss Faust see how nervous she was? Of course she could. Couldn’t she? Maybe it was just a bluff to rattle her. Abby was in over her head as it was, where was her confidence when she needed it?

Miss Faust waited, observing, her gaze holding Abby with increasing intensity. Seconds dragged on, maybe minutes, as the silence between them hung in the air, palpable. After what seemed to Abby like ages, Miss Faust threw her a lifeline, “I don’t blame you for being nervous, Miss Wilson, you can’t help yourself. But don’t worry about that, you’re doing fine. What matters is not whether you express your nervousness, but that you know that you are able to release tension when it counts. It counts right now.”

Miss Faust continued without giving Abby time to second guess the assurances, her lips sliding into a warm smile, “I can tell how calm you can be by the way you’ve handled yourself in this interview. I’m certain you can relax even more when you realize how important it is to let go of that stress.

“You can let go. Can’t you, Miss Wilson?”

“Yes.” Abby said, relieved but more than a little off-balance. She knew she had to prove to Miss Faust that she could handle tough situations. Miss Faust had seen her fraying at the edges, and now it was essential that she show she could be calm.

“Excellent,” Miss Faust said, not skipping a beat, her silky voice full of reassurance, “I knew you could. You are very good at Listening.” Again, she tapped her pen on that last, perfectly enunciated syllable. “Since you are so at ease with me, I’m sure you will do marvelously. If I knew you were this calm and attentive, I wouldn’t have even needed to schedule other interviews.”

Abby could feel herself calming down now. “I’m doing well” she thought to herself, smiling back at Miss Faust. It practically sounded like she had the job, all she had to do now was relax and not blow it. She took a deep breath and let the tension fade from her muscles.

“I’m glad to see that my approval has such an effect on you.” Miss Faust rolled on, “As you continue to rest easy with the knowledge that you are doing well, I will explain some things.”

“While I explain them you will Listen attentively, which at this point you have demonstrated you are quite capable of doing well,” Miss Faust said, tapping her pen as she spoke. “In this position, you are my closest ally. Consequently, this means that you will need to align yourself with my way of thinking. I have plenty of people whose job it is to question what I do and how I do it, but these are different roles in our organization. It isn’t your role to question. It is your role to follow me.” she paused for a moment, still smiling, “It isn’t enough to simply obey my directions, either; I need you to agree with me if we are to work together.”

Abby nodded and smiled back. She was sure she would do a good job following Miss Faust.

“I’m glad you agree with me.” Miss Faust said, “I can tell you already see things my way, so this will be easy for you. While you are agreeing with me, you will find this job a lot easier. It is only natural that you are more motivated to follow instructions when you agree. You think so, too. Don’t you?” Miss Faust nodded her head almost imperceptibly, still locking Abby’s eyes with her own.

Abby nodded along reflexively. It was only natural to agree. It would make things much easier. She wasn’t sure why this needed to be stated, but they were definitely on the same page.

Very good.” Miss Faust said approvingly. The way her voice said the word ‘good’ seemed to resonate with Abby somehow, but she wasn’t really paying attention to it. This very influential woman was giving her a ringing endorsement, and Abby was in no position to disagree. It felt wonderful to be complemented by someone who was so clearly on top of things.

“I also require you to be very adaptable. We are on the cutting edge of research in both technology and psychology, so our work environment has different standards of conduct,” said Miss Faust, “As you become accustomed to being under me, you will find that these standards become more normal to you over time.”

Abby wasn’t sure what she meant by that exactly, but found herself agreeing anyway.

“I can assure you that the orientation process will be very smooth. Many of our employees find this process to be so streamlined that they don’t even notice the shift, no matter how different our culture and methodology differ from their experience in the past. You will have no trouble adjusting. I’m sure you will go with the flow. You agree, don’t you?”

Abby nodded in agreement, her dull eyes staring into Miss Faust’s. She wasn’t really thinking about much, it all seemed so smooth it just ran together. Something about an orientation. Abby was sure that it would go well.

“I’m glad you agree with me. I can see how eager you are to adapt to my needs, an excellent quality. And in return I will take care of you, Abby. You don’t mind if I call you Abby, do you? Of course not,” she said without waiting for Abby to respond. “We will be working very closely together, and I’m sure you realize that it is best if we are on good terms.”

Abby kept nodding, not really at anything in particular. She didn’t realize she had been staring into Miss Faust’s eyes for almost five minutes straight. She was so relaxed her muscles felt heavy, her eyes half-lidded. She didn’t notice that it had been a long while since she had moved any of her limbs.

“This organization is a family to me, Abby, and I want you to be a part of that family. Trust me, I take care of my own. As long as I am in control, I will make sure nothing bad happens to you or any of my other employees. In this department, I have created one of the world’s most innovative and comprehensive policies for ensuring positive work-life balance. As long as you continue to follow me, I will ensure that you are happy and fulfilled.”

Abby wasn’t listening to the words. She could tell Miss Faust was right. Just words in her mind, flowing. Listening. Nodding. Agreeing. Happy and fulfilled.

“Most managers want their employees to be fulfilled, but here we have the top notch resources and high quality psychological services necessary to follow through on this promise. I believe firmly that the way to instill motivation and loyalty is to make sure that all of an employee’s needs are met, no matter what part of their life it involves. It is important that you understand that, Abby. As long as I am in control, you will be cared for.”

“You can trust that I will always be in control, Abby”

“You can relax while I am in control.”

Abby nodded. Relax. Trust. Control. Miss Faust is in control. Abby’s breath was so even now that she could barely feel her chest rising and falling slowly.

“Very good. You are doing well, Abby. You don’t need to worry about anything right now, you can just let it all go and be with me for a moment. When you are this relaxed it is easy for you to, with no reservations, Listen to me.” Miss Faust tapped her pen with the word Listen. “You are a very good Listener, Abby, and I appreciate that. As my words become your world for a little while I need you to let yourself relax even more.”

“You’ve done such a good job following me that I can see you’re not thinking about much else right now, and that’s just fine. I expect you to always be this way when I need you to Listen closely.” she intoned, tapping her pen again. “And don’t worry about when that is, precisely. You will know when it is appropriate. I can assure you that you will love working under me, Abby.”

“You can feel other parts of you slipping away while you Listen to me in the meantime. Other senses cease to matter as my words slip into your mind and other things slip out. Words slip in... thoughts slips out. Senses slip out. You may not know how long it has been since you stopped registering things less important than my voice, and that’s because your sense of time has slipped as well.”

“Time is an interesting experience, you know. It isn’t as fixed as we would like to believe. In fact, it is quite fluid. I’m sure you have experienced a time in the past when time seemed to slip away. Isn’t it interesting that you still thought of that as one ‘time’?”

“That’s because one moment in time isn’t a specific measurement. Human language had words for ‘time’ and ‘moment’ long before people invented ways of breaking down time into smaller units. A moment isn’t measured in seconds, it is measured in experience. One moment might be a fraction of a second, or it might be minutes, hours. It all has to do with how your mind is occupied. When you take a moment to Listen, that moment lasts as long as it needs to last.”

Abby’s body was completely still. Her thoughts frozen, her mind quiet. All that was left was the gentle rhythm of her chest rising and falling and the faint, slow beat of her heart. Her head was humming in silence as she sat, numbly absorbing the ceaseless flow of Miss Faust’s words.

“Sometimes when you are occupying one moment in time, things start to blur together now. That’s why it can be difficult to remember specific things when you are so busy Listening. You don’t need to think about what those things might be because they are already gone. You are already gone. It doesn’t matter when you stopped thinking and when you started Listening because it is all part of the same moment you are in now. When that moment ends it won’t be important to remember what happened because you know that everything is fine as long as I am in control.

Abby’s mind was stuck, her thoughts caught in the moment as Miss Faust continued, “Since you have already lost track of what happened in this moment and what will happen in a moment, you can momentarily lose track of what happened now as well. It is actually quite natural to be so focused that you lose track of what’s happening, because you know that you will still be Listening either way.”

Abby nodded. Abby agreed. Abby didn’t think about anything at all. Miss Faust’s voice rolled over her like a smooth, unbroken wave. It felt so good to Listen to Miss Faust. It felt so good to agree with her. It was actually kind of arousing. Miss Faust was a very attractive woman. The kind of woman who took charge. The kind of woman Abby needed to help her stay focused. Abby wanted to please her. Abby knew she would love working for the company. This was the perfect job. Abby could be loyal. A job that required loyalty. Being loyal feels incredible. She knew she was a perfect fit for the job. It was important to be diligent. Abby would be diligent. Abby would make everything right for Miss Faust. Miss Faust would take care of her.

Dozens of ideas popped in and out of Abby’s mind. She kept thinking about all the wonderful new revelations that were clear to her now when...

SNAP.

“Abby?” Miss Faust said, her snap ringing in the air. “I need you to come back to me, Abby.”

“What? Oh.” Abby said groggily, “I am so sorry, Miss Faust. I must have missed what you just said.” Abby was a little confused. What had they just been talking about? It must have been important if Miss Faust said it.

“That’s quite alright, Abby, you just spaced out for a moment” Miss Faust said reassuringly. Abby’s eyes unfocused slightly at the word ‘moment’ as Miss Faust continued, “I can understand how it could be a little disorienting after such a big moment. It’s not every day you sign a contract with one of the most prestigious companies in the business.”

Abby looked down dully, her eyes resting on a sheaf of papers in front of her. She could see her initials and signature on each. An employment contract. She had signed it. What?! Abby started to panic. What just happened?

Miss Faust must have seen her confusion. “Relax, Abby.”

Abby felt the panic drain away from her instantly, her face going slack. It felt like she was releasing tension from places she didn’t even know she had.

Very good.” Miss Faust said in a voice that made Abby’s head hum, “Don’t second guess yourself, Abby. I know this has been a whirlwind of events for you, so take some time to read everything over at home.”

Miss Faust jotted down a phone number on a sticky note and stuck it on top of the contract.

“This is my personal cell phone number. Call me at any time if you have questions. You won’t share this number with anyone.”

Abby nodded immediately. “Yes, Miss Faust.” She shivered for some reason.

“Trust me, your contract is quite generous, and this is not the kind of offer you would want to balk at anyway. Some people are worried that we would try to take advantage of them, but that is not how we do business here.”

Abby was still very confused. She didn’t remember any of the negotiations or signing the papers at all. But for some reason, she felt so relaxed and confident that everything was going to be all right. She could trust Miss Faust to take care of her. Still, she had better look over those papers in more detail when she got home. It was important to be diligent.

“If you don’t have any more questions, you can get your access card from the security desk on your way out. You start on Monday at 8:00 AM,” Miss Faust said.

Abby leafed through the contract quickly, still a bit dazed. She regained her wits a bit and spoke up.

“Um… actually, I do have a question, Miss Faust, if I may?”

Miss Faust raised an eyebrow quizzically and nodded. “You may. What is it?”

“Well… I don’t see any sort of NDA here, and I didn’t sign one on the way in. Isn’t that odd for a tech company?”

Miss Faust smiled again, “Yes, it is. Most companies use non-disclosure agreements to frighten their employees into keeping secrets. We have a much different approach here with our contracts. You see, the sort of information you will have access to is worth millions, possibly billions. No legal repercussions could stop an employee from selling this information and fleeing to a nation with no extradition treaties. Instead, we take a different tactic. We focus on engendering trust and loyalty in our employees.”

Abby nodded, her breath quickening. She could feel her cheeks burning red for some reason.

“We will treat you well. So well in fact that none of the employees in this department have ever quit, much less sold information to competitors. In short, it is a dream job, Abby.”

“I trust you have no more questions. It was a pleasure meeting you, Abby, for both of us. I look forward to seeing you on Monday to continue your on-boarding process.” Miss Faust concluded.

Abby realized that she didn’t have any more questions at the moment, and decided it was best to go back home and get her bearings. Miss Faust stood up and Abby rose at her cue.

“Thank you for coming in, Abby.” Miss Faust said, shaking her hand firmly.

Abby meekly returned the shake. She blushed suddenly at the rush of pleasure that overcame her when their skin touched. “Oh… um… it was my pleasure,” she stammered.

Abby scooted out of the room in a hurry to let Miss Faust return to her important work. She wandered past the receptionist, who flashed a cheerful smile and winked as if they were both in on a joke. Abby wasn’t sure what that was about, but right now she had to stop by the security desk to pick up her ID card. It didn’t strike her as odd that the card was already prepared for her, as if they had known she would get the job before the interview. She didn’t even notice that six hours had passed since the beginning of her short conversation with Miss Faust. It seemed normal that it was dark now, even though it had been light just a moment ago.

Abby drove home excited. She couldn’t wait until Monday.

She was going to love working under Miss Faust!