The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Rest and Recovery

by J.Darksong & MadamKistulot

Part 5) Reconsideration

Sarah sighed, tracing a lazy finger along Lacie’s cheek, and then down to squeeze her shoulder tight. “Makes me feel good to see you smiling again, like this... a face pretty as yours was meant to always be smiling... when it isn’t moaning anyway...”

Lacie laughed..then wiggled her fingers lightly underneath Sarah’s underarms. goosing her. “The same for you, Sis. I’ve always HATED the way you try and hide behind that fake smile. You’re always lovely... but you are never more beautiful than when you REALLY smile... except maybe when you’re embarrassed,” she replied, tickling her sides again, “and your cheeks turn that really cute dark silver sheen...”

Sarah laughed, wiggling her hips back into the squeeze as her lips curled in an equally satisfied smile. Silver eyes melted shut as she wiggled to feel the friction of Lacie’s body over hers and the bed beneath her. “Hey hey... no fair tickling! Besides...woman’s supposed to have some mystery, right? Kinda hard when you’re so shiny.” Leaning forward just enough to rub het nose lightly against her lovers, she grinned wickedly. “But if you keep saying silly things like that I’m going to kiss it out of you, and you know it...”

Lacie let out a soft moan, grinning “You wouldn’t have to, you know... you could just ask. But I would certainly enjoy the effort nonetheless.”

A delicate silver eyebrow raised briefly before letting out a long heavy sigh. “Lacie... You’re even more insatiable than I am. I don’t know how you can stand it sometimes.”

Concerned about the sigh, she sat up, propping her head up on her arm, suddenly serious. “Stand what, sweetie? And, well, I wouldn’t say I am insatiable exactly...” She shrugged lightly. “It’s just... being with you like this, again, after so long... I dunno, it just feels really... mmmm!” She shuddered pleasantly. “Believe me, I am not usually like this. Hell, I wasn’t even this randy with the bimbo virus in play! Sarah, love, it’s almost like you’re... supercharging my libido or something...“

Sarah smirked. “Huh. Really, really need to make sure Yancy doesn’t visit anytime soon, then!” Sarah laughed, slowly shaking her head. “I was kidding, kidding! Sorry, a little... fuzzy myself... Still sorta getting back up to snuff myself, after a long time only at half-power, y’know?”

Lacie nods softly, knowing only too well... then tilted Sarah’s face up to hers, kissing gently but firmly, holding on. feeling something pass between them... draining Lacie slightly but much restoring Sarah’s essence. “Does that help, some, sweetie? I might not be a Goddess anymore... but I still remember my own magic... and sharing energy is so basic even I can do it.” She said with a grin... “You know, I wouldn’t mind seeing the new improved ‘Aurora’ up close and personal. Not sure that she’d find much interest in her ‘over-the-hill’ Aunt Lacie... but truthfully, I have been wondering how she’s doing as much as worrying about you, sweetie...”

Sarah quietly whined. “Brat, when I lost my powers all I got was a heart condition.” Even with the pout on her face Sarah’s smile still hadn’t really faded, and in fact had rather grown, the light in her eyes shining a little brighter in delight. “And Yancy? I could get in touch with her, while you’re here—and you are NOT over the hill, by the way—but well, being a Nesatealia...I warned you, that’s all” She shook her head.. “She already ended up rather intimate with Valerie by accident—so you’ve been warned. But I still demand my full share of cuddles, first!”

Lacie giggled, snuggling again..“Sis, I’d cuddle you to death and beyond if such a thing were possible...” She paused, frowning slightly. “Um... I, um... does it bother you to call you ‘Sis’ like that? I can stop it if you want... it just feels natural to say it aloud. And really... I’ve always thought of you that way, and our kids refer to each other as ‘cousins’... Sarah, my cute spunky little sister living in a far off town...” She sighed softly, the first bit of sadness she’d shown in a while. “Growing up, it was one of my deepest regrets—not having another sibling, that is, a brother or sister. It’s why I was so very glad it turned out I had twins, you know?” She sighed. “But um... I can understand if you’re soured on the idea...”

“Okay, first of all, I’m not thaat ‘little’...” Sarah giggled, nuzzling into Lacie with a low, soft sigh. “Sis.. sis is all right. I don’t quite feel comfortable saying it back, not yet... but I’ll work up to it. Nothing... personal or anything. I can feel how much it means to you, and I’ll work at getting over it. But you’ll need to be kinda patient. Kinda... was a lot to go through. Everyone’s surprised I’m recovering fast as I am, and I haven’t been keeping anything from everyone, I’m just... not quite done mending.”

“Of course, baby,” she murmured softly, wrapping her arms around Sarah, “and don’t worry about it—patience is my middle name. Er, well actually, it’s ‘Anne’, but you know what I mean,” she teased, nibbling lightly along the nape of Sarah’s neck.“You don’t ever have to call me ‘Sis’ or anything, hon... but I do want you to think about what it means to you very hard... that what we have, what we have shared and are sharing now... THIS is what it means to be sisters! Blood and birth matter a hell of a lot less than the bonds forged through love and sharing.“

She turned to look Sarah square in the eye. “The person that hurt you was your biological sibling, but not your sister.” She kissed her again. “Maybe one day she will be. Or maybe not. Either way, one day I want you to be able to think of the word and not wince in remembrance... or fear... or pain!” Nuzzling her again, nibbling gently along her neckline until she felt Silver Girl shudder beneath her. “I only want the association of the word ‘sister’ to bring up good memories.”

“With you helping, Lace...” Sarah sighed, kissing both of Lacie’s cheeks, before ending with their lips melted together. “I’ll manage, somehow. I always did want a sister, as well, you know. I was an ‘only’, too. Lia... she’s really only half, too...” She frowned, but with an effort forced the smile back on her lips. “But let’s not think about that. I don’t want her in my head when I’m cuddling you. So just... lots of cuddling, then we can order some food—forget breakfast, it’s lunch time now—and I can give ’Ro-Yancy a call. Well, sort of. Rubbing a ring isn’t quite the same, but it works. I just never remember to keep it on...”

Lacie sighed deeply, contentedly...then gently disentangled herself from Sarah, standing up and stretching. “A ring, hmm? Interesting. I wonder how that works exactly... is it communication magic, or scrying magic? Or maybe a combination of both...” She laughed playfully, sitting back down to face Sarah directly.

Sarah grinned, her position having shifted enough only to watch Lacie’s generous curves amidst her stretch. “Yanno, I honestly don’t remember, I was so stressed I was letting my baby be Sanctuary’s first super heroine that I’m surprised I even remember how it works.”

“Mmmm... super heroine to an entire magical world, hmm? Go Yancy!” She yawned and stretched again, preening slightly knowing she was being watched. “And, not that I’m complaining about the view, my chrome-cheeked dearheart,” she added, running a hand along said cheek, “but if we are ordering food, we probably shouldn’t greet the delivery girl naked! And, I dunno about you, but I need a nice long hot shower before I slide myself back into my clothes again.”

“Hey, I’m game... and if you need a shower, you’ll need some help for all of the hard-to-reach places... sound like a plan to you?”

Lacie chuckled, standing up. “I thought you’d never ask!” Reaching down, she extended a hand, helping Sarah back to her feet as well. “Next time you come to River City, you have to use our upstairs shower! It has multiple pulsing heads, and it can easily fit six people. I’d always wondered originally why Gene had it constructed that way.... but I certainly can’t complain about it now.” Stepping into the bathroom, she paused, frowning slightly.“Um... did you know the tile floor is cracked right there beside the tub?”

Sarah laughed as she followed along, but her laughing stopped with a quick wince and a flush as she looked down to confirm where Lacie was gesturing. “Uhm... yeeeah... Long story short, my daughters had been fooling around with each other for a very long time. Aurora’s gold.. looked out for her. Even in shower-sex accidents. I still can’t believe they got away with it for so long.” Sarah sighed as she moved to turn on the water, slowly shaking her head with a quiet tsking under her breath. “They’re obviously crazy about each other, so who am I to get in the way, but, well... I imagine you’d be pretty shocked if you found out Katie and Jimmy had been fooling around behind your back.”

Lacie blinked, coloring deeply. “Um, yes... I, um, I can see your point, though there’s not much chance of THAT anyway... unless Jimmy suddenly grows breasts and a vagina...” she sighed softly. “I actually used to kinda wonder about that sometimes.. Gene and I actually caught them in bed together several times growing up over the years. It was innocent, mind—nothing sexual, just simply snuggling and cuddling together until they’d fall asleep. Katie was always afraid of thunderstorms, and Jimmy used to hold her and sing to her ’til she drifted off. Plus, well, they were twins... literally the same person until they split apart at birth.” She shook her head.

“And, well...” she said coloring even deeper, “I kinda sorta already have a skewed view of sibling incest myself. My ‘extended family’ are all basically from the same bloodlines. And then there’s Eva... she and HER twin sister Ana have had that kind of relationship and have never been shy about admitting it. If not for an event back when they were in high school, when Ana fell in love with Parker’s Dad, they might still be together...”

Distracted listening to Lacie’s story, Sarah squeaked as her hand finally hit the water as it reached into test, before she quickly reached down to cool it. “Ow ow ow... I uhm... wasn’t aware of that... huh... Or I hadn’t ever thought of Eva in quite the same way before earlier today.. but uhm... wow. I’m still shocked Aurora gave up being Aurora for her, but if that ain’t love...” Sarah smiled wistfully as she stepped carefully into the shower, reaching out with a wet silvery hand to motion for Lacie to follow her. She gasped in surprise as Lacie took that hand and sucked lightly on her fingers before joining her in the shower.

“Ahhh... poor baby made a ‘owie’” she teased, sucking deftly on Sarah’s shiny silver digits. “Don’t worry, sis... I’ll make it aaallll better.":

Reaching out, she took the shampoo and began working it lovingly and teasingly into Sarah’s long beautiful silver hair...moaning softly. “Mmmm... goddess bless...I just love your hair, Sis... what I wouldn’t give to just be able to stay in here and just work and shampoo your hair, and run my fingers through it over and over...” She grinned. “Maybe if you get really good at teleporting, we could pop up to New York and bring Anastasia down, and she and Eva can initiate you in the joys of ‘twin psychic’ sex?” She sighed softly.. “You haven’t lived until you’ve had sex with psychic twins...”

Sarah cooed softly, much enjoying the attention. “You know, for being a LaSilvas... MmmmMm... which is supposed to mean I get my hands all over my family... only ended up with one. Might... might need to insist Eva owes me that for earlier...” Sarah’s sensitive scalp had her squirming and twisting into the attention with delighted whimpery mewls, her skin shining ever brighter under a sheen of water. “Mm-mmm.. might do me some good to see a pair of... MmMmMmm... sisters that...” Sarah quivered as she reached out for the soap, clumsily rubbing it over her hands before spreading that soap along Lacie’s bod with as much grace. “...make it work. A mother worries, y’know...”

Lacie giggles slightly, squirming, pressing herself into Sarah’s caresses.“Hehehey! Careful.... don’t tickle!.Be nice, baby.” Leaning in, she nibbled her earlobe again before returning to Sarah’s hair, letting a hand move down at caress and tease her platinum peaked breasts.“I’m sure Ana would love to visit. And just so you know, Ana is more like me... she’s the more submissive of the two... though she does have a bit of a fiery side to her.” She sighed, pressing herself even more into Sarah.“I guess that makes them kinda like us then Sis...”

“Sis...” Sarah smiled, still faintly squirming as she took a deep breath, making a concentrated effort to be slower with the gentle, smooth rubbing of her soapy hand s along Lacie’s supple skin. It was still as impossible to resist the occasional squeeze, but she was certain Lacie minded it about as much as she minded how sensitive her scalp felt. “N-noted... Don’t think I’ll mind that... Mmmm still figuring out where I end up on all this... hadn’t really been using my powers like that much but with how much you love it I can’t resist.”

“W-well, I’m s-slightly biased... sweetie... but I think they’d enjoy it j-just as m-much as I d-do.. " She barely resisted the urge to moan... “Y-you know... what they say? P-practice... mmmmmmm... makes purrrrfect...” Reaching up with an effort, she pointed the spray towards Sarah’s head, letting it wash away all the foam, drenching it... then brushing it back to reveal her lovely face again, kissing her deeply for a long moment... “Mmmmm.. you said something earlier about missing out a bit on family encounters as a LaSilvas... maybe we should just expand that family a bit.”

“Mmm, you sound like you’re trying to corrupt me... the sweet, innocent little Sarah, being taken advantage of by her sweet sexy older sis...” Sarah punctuated her words with a squeeze of Lacie’s ass, pulling her so close as she arched her body into the lather she’d massaged into her lover’s skin. “B-but... Mmm I guess it wouldn’t hurt to broaden my horizons... besides, I am in my forties... I’m supposed to be... adventurous.“

Lacie’s cheeks went a deep red. “Innocent my ass... which you keep teasing... and groping...and... ooooh! " Breath catching momentarily.“But... corrupting you? Heh... maybe. I kind of like that... even if it’s... mmmmm... actually the other way around.” She grinned... “For what it’s worth, little Sis, I’d love to help ‘broaden you’ a bit... as soon as I finish making you nice and slick and clean, that is...”

Giving Sarah one more tender loving caress, however, she turned the spray, again, washing away all the suds from Sarah and herself. “Mmmm, not sure if silvery skin gets pruny, sweetie, but mine does. Shall we finish up and dry off back in your bedroom? Before we start back down the road to ‘Pleasureville’, I’d like to grab a quick bite to eat and refuel.”

* * *

“Yes, yes, thank you, Mrs. Salazar,” Eva said, nodding, mentally checking off another item on her list. “That’s exactly what I wanted to hear. I’ll contact Ms. MacMillan and let her know the good news.” She smiled. “And yes, I will indeed pass on your well wishes to Professor Frasier the next time I see her. Thanks again!”

“I take it the Dean agreed to meet with the wee lass to renegotiate her contract with the University, then?” Eugene Frasier inquired, scowling over a bowl of rather bland chicken noodle soup. Eva nodded, grinning like a Cheshire cat. Gene merely shrugged. “Well, I am happy for the wee lass, though I dinnae get why she didnae just ask Nigel to have a talk with the faculty heads on her behalf. Have him donate a few million to erect a new science and technology building on campus and the President of the University would be bending over backwards to accommodate wee Sioban.”

“Oh?” Eva replied, arching an eyebrow. “And is that how you got Lacie’s contract renegotiated back then? Funneling mass amounts of cash into the University for special consideration?”

“What? Of course not!” Gene protested. “Lacie Anne earned her post by hard work, and being the best and brightest physics professor to grace that campus in fifty years! She got to where she is by herself, not because of my bank account.”

“Well, I’d imagine it’s the same for Sioban,” Eva countered smugly, walking over to sit at Gene’s side. “She wants to do it herself, without he Master paving the road for her. As a matter of fact, she hadn’t actually ASKED Lacie to speak to the board on her behalf, she’d merely asked her advice on how to deal with trying to balance her duties as a relatively young college professor with no tenure, her duties as a Super, and trying to have something of a life with Nigel and the other girls. It was Lacie’s idea to make a few calls to some friends of hers on the board... and even this isn’t exactly ‘smoothing the road’ for Sioban, more like filling one very large pothole.”

“Aye, that’s just like Lacie Anne,” Gene replied with a soft sigh. “Always going above and beyond.” He placed a hand gently atop Eva’s squeezing it gently. “The same goes for you as well lass. Lacie may have started the ball rolling, but you followed through in her stead finalizing things while she recovers.” He chuckled softly. “Ye make an excellent ‘Gal Friday’, lass. Grimalde does rather well with young Ms. Yamanohana at his side. Perhaps I need my own psychic serving as my personal assistant as well?”

“Not much use of one, seeing as you don’t currently have a job,” Eva replied teasingly. She knew all too well that losing Frasier Industries was still something of a sore spot with him, but she also knew that HE knew she meant no harm, and was merely playing with him a bit. “Maybe you should come work for me at my office? Melissa put in her notice a few days ago, so I could use a new secretary...“

“Eva, love,” Gene murmured, pulling her into a hug, all teasing suddenly over. It was almost a shock to the blonde psychic to discover that she was crying. She hadn’t even realized it, but the glib, almost casual comment about needing a new secretary had touched something deep within her. Melissa Chase, her long time secretary, and lover, had finally decided to separate, to move on to ‘bigger and better things’, as she’d put it. For several months now, they’d been drifting apart, arguing over every little thing, constantly bickering. The day Sweet Tooth had attempted to turn the entire city into sex-crazed bimbos, Melissa had made it official, and put in her two week’s notice at work, and made arrangements to have her clothes and things sent to a friend’s place.

All this time, she’d been too busy and too involved to really dwell on it, too wrapped up helping Lacie and Sarah, and now Eugene, get their lives back together to really deal with the fact that HER life had basically fallen apart. Even then, she’d pushed the matter to the back of her mind, refusing to consider it until her offhand comment brought it all back up again.

“She... she left, Gene,” she sniffed, clutching him all the tighter. “We... sniff We’d been having problems for a while now... small things that just kept building and building, snowballing out of control.” She shook her head. “Deep down, I knew what the issue was... what it had been for a while now. I just... didn’t want to face it. Couldn’t face it.“

“It was about the lifestyle we lead, was it not?” Gene asked quietly, getting a sharp glance up from Eva. He nodded, sighing. “Aye... I thought as much. To be fair, lass, it’s not an easy thing. Yer a doctor, a psychologist and a psychiatrist, but yer also a costumed super heroine. Melissa was just a normal woman, not a Super. Eventually, that kind of thing takes a toll on relationships.”

Eva nodded sadly. “She actually gave me an ultimatum,” she said softly after a moment. “Give up the late nights, the epic battles, the costume and other identity... give up being a Super all together... or give her up.” She laughed softly, without a trace of humor. “I might have actually considered it, you know, if it were just that... but she also wanted me to cut all ties with you and my friends... with Lacie, Parker, Veronica... all other costumed Supers. That’s when I turned her down, cold. It’s one thing to give up fighting super villains myself, it’s not as if I enjoy delving into the minds of psychotic madmen on a regular basis anyway. But asking me to give up you and Lacie and Parker...”

She stood up, and walked, pacing idly back and forth. “I couldn’t really blame her for feeling that way, though. We first became lovers after the time Dr. Mathews kidnapped her and brainwashed her, using her as a pawn to capture me. Since then, she’s had her mind twisted and her brain ‘washed’ more times than any normal person should have to deal with, all because of me. Hell, I myself used to ‘tweak’ her now and again, as part of our sex life, to make things fun and exciting. And yes, she liked it at first, used to enjoy feeling helpless and vulnerable, knowing I could tie her around my little finger with a word or a thought. But after a while... she just... I dunno. I guess she just got tired of playing the victim... or BEING the victim, of the kind of life I lead.”

Eugene nodded in sympathy. In truth, he’d suspected things between Eva and her lover were rocky for a while now. He was a keen observer, and had noticed a few things, small things, here and there, that suggested they were having fights now and again. He hadn’t wished to interfere, of course, and had she come to him for advice, he probably would have suggested they give each other some space, a chance to cool down and work on some of their issues. All things considered, however, he couldn’t help but feel somewhat relieved that they’d finally broken up, that Melissa would soon be out of his Evangeline’s life for good. He liked Melissa well enough, had never had a problem with the girl... she’d just never seemed a good match for the blonde psychic to his way of thinking.

“I dinnae think the fault is entirely yours, Eva,” Gene said after a moment. “Not everyone is cut out for kind of life. Look at me, lass. With my armor, I can hold my own pretty well, but inside I’m just a normal flesh and blood human with no powers whatsoever. And aye,” he gestured with her left hand to himself on the bed, “it takes its toll. It’s not YOU she’s seeking to get away from, lass, it’s this kind of lifestyle, ye ken?” He sighed deeply. “I am just sorry that ye have to suffer the pain of such a separation from someone who meant so much to ye.”

“Yes, well...” Eva said softly turning back to face him, “it’s not so bad. I mean... it’s not as if I didn’t see it coming a mile away. It just... maybe I was fooling myself, but... even KNOWING how she felt... I guess I just didn’t really believe she’d leave, you know? After all this time, it hurts... but it’s not totally devastating. It’s like, for me, she’s been gone for months anyway, she just finally got around to cleaning out her things.” She walked back over to the bed, sitting down, leaning against him.

“I’m a psychic. And I’m a twin. For the first eighteen years of my life I shared my mind and thoughts freely with my sister, and she with me. I only had to think about her and zip I was there, inside her mind. And it wasn’t about control, or domination, or even being nosy and eavesdropping on her thoughts. It was about intimacy... just a way of connecting to her, of being close. When we... grew apart, when she fell in love with Parker’s dad, she put a wall up between us. And, it hurt. For the first time in my life, I felt like half a person. Ever since then, in all my relationships, I’ve been trying to recapture that... trying to find someone who I could link to so effortlessly that I only needed to think of them and be there inside their head, or have them inside mine. For a while, that person was Melissa, but even at our best, it never felt natural... the way it does with Lacie... and you.“

She laughed again, closing her eyes. “You and she were already dating when I met her. Don’t hate me for this... but if I had thought for the slightest moment that you weren’t serious about her, that she didn’t love you so completely, I would have stolen her from you.”

Eugene merely raised an eyebrow. “Ye think I didnae ken yer feelings for the lass?” he asked quietly. “I may be many things, Evangeline Snow, but I’ve never been daft. I knew how you felt about her. And I knew how she felt about you as well. You helped her through one of the toughest patches in her life, and she never once forgot it. You mean the world to her, lass.” He ran his hand lightly along her cheek, his rough weathered skin contrasting greatly against her smooth alabaster flesh. “I never wanted to put Lacie in a position of choosing between us. So I didnae. I let her be with you anytime she wanted, in any WAY she wanted.” He smiled slightly at that. “I suppose... you could say that I was... secure in my place in her heart. I knew that she loved me, and as long as I didnae try and force her, or keep her restrained, I knew that no matter who she was with during the day, in the end, it was my bed to which she’d be returning.”

“Secure... of your place,” Eva murmured softly, remembering Angela’s words to her back in River City. “You’re right. You’re absolutely right!” she said suddenly, sitting up.

“Aye, well, I usually am,” Gene said with a grin. “But, in which way do ye mean, specifically?”

“About being secure in your place in Lacie’s heart. You’ve made it clear that I am special to you as well, Gene. I know you love me... maybe not in the same way as Lacie, but just as much. Just as deeply.” She smiled, leaning in to kiss him. “And I love you too... deeply, completely, wholeheartedly. And I love Lacie as well. She’s my best friend. and I can’t imagine going through life without seeing that beautiful smile of hers every day. She loves us both, and we love her. Now... it’s only a question of whether her heart is big enough to love us as ‘us’, as a couple... whether she will willingly share herself with the both of us.“

“Aye, and accept us with her in return,” Gene said softly. It was a strange concept to him... very much against his nature. And yet, as uncomfortable as the idea seemed in his head, he couldn’t deny that it felt right in his heart. It wasn’t as if he were seeking to build a harem stocked with every beautiful young woman he could find. He loved Lacie, and he loved Eva. Period. It was just that simple.

Aye, and if a person with as much emotional baggage as Nigel Grimalde can manage to make something like this work, then I sure as hell should be able to, he thought with a smirk.

“Verra well. Let’s talk it over with the lass, then... and see what she thinks.” He frowned, running a hand lightly across his chest, fingering his scar. “I have to tell you, here and now, lass,” he said, staring her in the eye, “that I’ll abide by her decision in this. I love ye, Eva Snow... but Lacie is my wife. If she is unable to reconcile sharing this relationship, then for her sake alone I withdraw. I’m sorry... ’tis not fair to you, I know... but that is the way I feel.”

“I understand, Gene,” Eva replied back, just as solemnly. “I feel the same way. I’d rather die that cause Lacie Anne another single moment of pain.”

“I dinnae think she’d want ye to die, lass,” Gene replied, caressing her cheek again. “And I seriously doubt she’d say no to this either. I just... wanted to prepare you, is all... just in case.”

Eva nodded. “I understand.” Standing up, she walked to the center of the room and closed her eyes. “Now then, let’s see if I can set up a ‘conference call’ for us, so we can discuss the matter...”

* * *

Lacie sighed in contentment, digging into her bowl of take-out.. Her ‘little sister’, as she now thought of her, was likewise engrossed in devouring her own meal, though every once in a while they two would simply glance at one another and share a smile, or reach out the few inches apart they were and touch briefly, merely taking comfort and reassurance in each other’s company. For Lacie it was a goddess-send, the first time in a long time that she wasn’t overly concerned with the weight of the world or patrols or crime or anything. Even her main concerns of family: Katie, Eugene, and Jimmy—even they were out of her hands right now. She could, at least for now, simply put their welfare aside and focus on her own.

Without her powers, even had she wanted to, she was unable to do anything for them. She had no choice but to trust that her friends and family would take care of them... a sad thought, that... but at the same time, a reassuring one. Eugene was in good hands with Eva, Nigel Grimalde had promised to use all his resources to help find Jimmy, Katie had her new friends back in River City to help console her... and she? She had Sarah, and Valerie, and possibly Aurora and Sylvia as well, if needed.. All she needed to do was to focus on her own well being for a change... on getting herself well again...and taking care of her sweet sister as well. More than anything else, she wanted to feel useful again, to help someone the way everyone had bent over backwards to help her. She NEEDED to be able to help. And there, again, Sarah fit the bill..Sarah who needed consolation and healing as much as, or perhaps even more than she did.

To that end, she had a few ideas... and cajoling and teasing the sweet, adorable, and gentle Sarah into letting her hidden ‘Domina’ side show now and again was proving to be therapeutic for them both. It made things so much easier to bear. Lacie only wished she had it within her to return the favor, and let Sarah feel the sweet cleansing bliss of mindless submission as well. Sighing softly, she slid away her food, half eaten. “I’m being selfish, aren’t I?” she said in a soft low voice, staring at her food.

Sarah blinked, slowly twisting up her face in concern at the sudden change in mood. “Um... I can’t really... think, um, so...what do you mean? I mean, you’ve gone through hell, and you’re here so I can stop you from moping around. Like you’re starting to do right now.” With a little sigh Sarah slowly shook her head and finished a bite before holding up her hand and flicking at the air, a small silver spark flying from the tip of her finger to gently fly to between Lacie’s eyes. It wasn’t a technique she used very often, feeling more like a pinch than the usual rather pleasant silver tingling feeling. “Why would you even think that, much less say it?”

“Hey!” Lacie grinned despite herself, leaning forward to absorb the tiny spark of pleasure into her being, sighing softly.“Oooohh... naughty or nice...I do so love it when you... d-d-do that... mmmm...” Blinking, she took a moment to recollect her thoughts..“Sorry. I was just thinking.. well... I mean... I just feel like I’m doing more taking than giving, yanno? I can’t do a lot, really, but I just feel like I could do more? And aside from a lot of cuddling and snuggling, and a doing a little housework and yardwork, I haven’t really done much for you, Sis.”

“It’s not a contest, sweetie,” Sarah chided her gently, pushing aside her own bowl of food. “For what it’s worth, just being able to mother you and fuss over you these past two weeks... it’s helped me more than you can even begin to realize.” She sighed softly, glancing down at the table. “You’re older than me, and all... and I’m sure this will probably set up all sorts of naughty taboo thoughts in the back of your head... but being able to take care of you like this... made me feel almost like a mommy again.”

“Oh, sweetie,” Lacie murmured, reaching across the table, taking Sarah’s hands in her own. She knew THAT feeling all too well. “You’re thinking about all the time you lost while you were away for that time... and how much your girls have grown up and changed since the last time you saw them?” Sarah nodded. “I get that. I really do. For me, it was the same way. Spending time in Yggdrasil is the same way.. time passes so differently there. A few days at Home equals several months here in the real world. I missed so much while I was gone... everything that happened to Katie, and all that Jimmy went through... I feel like I should have been there to help them, that if I had, maybe things would have turned out easier.” She closed her eyes, gripping her silver skinned sister tighter for a moment, before releasing her hands.

“But... that’s a part of life, isn’t it, Sis? Learning to let go... and trust that everything you did raising your kids was enough to allow them to survive and face all the trials they will face without you? And, well, isn’t that the case? Our kids have both faced things that would have tested the both of us and managed to come through.” She sighed gently. “You probably feel the way I do.... wishing you could have done something different, something more... somehow shield them from all the pain and sorrow. But, well, we can’t protect them from EVERYTHING, can we?”

“Yeah, as much as we want to,” Sarah agreed sadly. “It’s just... sometimes I wonder if it was right... to encourage them to follow in my footsteps. Even with their powers and gifts...”

“Oh, I know exactly what you mean,” Lacie murmured. “With Katie ,it was like becoming a super heroine was her lifelong dream, the only thing she ever wanted to do. Jimmy just wanted a normal life, to finish school, get a normal job, and someday raise a family of his own. And yet, they both ended up getting dragged into things regardless. I just...” She paused, frowning, as if listening to something far away.

“Sorry. I was just listening to Eva. She’s at the hospital with Eugene. He seems to be doing better, thank goodness. But, well... they want to talk to me about something. In person. And she’s being really mysterious about whatever it is.” She sighed softly, closing her eyes. “Sarah, I hate to ask, but... um, could you take me back to the hospital for a moment, please? Just for a minute, I swear. I need to talk to Eva about something...”

“No problem. Sounds like a plan, sweetie. I’ll bring you back there, and while you and Eva chat, I’ll get ahold of Yancy. She’ll be happy to get a chance to see her favorite aunt. It has been a long while since you two’ve chatted.” Sarah yawned as she stood up, stretching her arms up over her head without thinking and over emphasizing the curves of her chest. “Sound good to you?” She held out her hand to Lacie with a warm smile. “Just grab hold, and we can poof right there.”

Lacie blinked a bit, her thoughts momentarily stalled again. She’d just seen the silver haired beauty up close and person in all her naked glory a few moment ago in the shower... and yet, even now, fully clothed, Sarah’s nearness was enough to scramble her thoughts to the four winds, remembering how she felt, and tasted... With an effort, she focused again, then nodded. “Y-yeah, um, sounds great, si—, sweetie.” Grabbing on, she leaned forward to sneak in a kiss as well. “It shouldn’t take too long... maybe five or six minutes? Ten at the most?”

Sarah returned the kiss with a warm smile, tugging Lacie just enough closer to lean against her. “You take your time, I dunno how long it’ll take for Yancy to show... but, well, here we go!” Sarah grinned as she closed her eyes, expression becoming one of intense focus before in a bright flash of light the world around them faded to be replaced with the lobby of the hospital. “Wow, I was... relatively sure this was going to end with us coming back into focus in the parking garage. I never believe it when I get this right... but off you go.” She stated, rather reluctantly letting Lacie’s hand go. “And you don’t have to rush back on my account!”

Lacie chuckled. “Don’t worry sweetie, it gets easier with practice, believe me. The first few weeks I teleported, I was lucky to land within a three block radius of where I was aiming.” Walking to the elevator, she gave her a wave... Sarah’s trademark finger wiggle. “See you in a few, hon!”

“More than a few is okay too!” Sarah waved back in just the same way as she grabbed the small silver ruby ring from her pocket, holding it up to stare into the stone as if trying to see something inside of it.