The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Introduction:

by J. Darksong

Ever read Superman, or Spiderman, or Batman comics as a kid? Did you ever wonder what goes on in the background? While the super heroes are out busy saving lives or fighting evil on one area of the city, what’s happening on the OTHER side of town?

You know, when I first discovered the Erotic Mind Control Story Archive back in October of 2000, I was a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume and scope of the stories posted there. One of the first stories I read was an interesting little tale of supernatural beings known as ‘the Ancients’, created by a wonderfully gifted and talented writer called EyeofSerpent. I wrote her to compliment her on the stories, and expressed a wish to be able to someday write something half as good. She, in turn, turned it back on me, challenged me to give it a try, to cross the line from reader to writer. She sparked an interest in me, and after a bit of conferring, and permission from her to ‘borrow’ a small corner of the literary world she created, I penned Shadowdarke: Darke Pleasures. Fourteen years and more than a hundred stories later, I’m still writing.

My point is simply that I got my start simply because someone encouraged me to write and bravely opened the borders of her own literary world to allow a completely unknown entity to write stories about her characters. Granted, I ran every idea and rough draft by her before posting, to make sure nothing ran contrary to what was going on with her own stories, but the end result was always better than I imagined. Several years later, reading MadamKistulot’s enthralling Adventures of Silver Girl stories, and feeling inspired again, I created my own story based on a female super hero. Where Silver Girl was basically a normal, but silver skinned girl with an odd but useful power for entrancing people’s minds, Omega Girl was basically a female version of Superman, physically invulnerable, over-the-top super strong, super fast, super morally good... yet super vulnerable to mind control. It started off as a laugh, really, more poking fun at the genre than a real ‘serious’ story, from the zany titles I gave each chapter... but as the story went on, it started to take on a life of its own. Then the sequel, and then another, and another... and suddenly it’s officially the ‘Omegaverse’ that I’m writing in, with various characters, major and minor, and an established setting of my very own.

So now, with the closing of 2013, I have decided to open my borders. I present River City Stories: An Anthology as a listing of stories in my universe written by several fine writers, giving their own take on the super hero genre. Varying styles, varying tastes, all with a central theme in mind. I was deeply humbled and grateful for their efforts, and only hope you enjoy reading their stories as much as I have.

But moreso, i would like to extend the same invitation to you readers out there as well. The EMCSA is a community, after all... so why not let our characters be neighbors as well? Several other writers expressed an interest in participating but had to back out due to time constraints. Nevertheless, the offer still stands. If you’d like to write a story in this continuum, simply send me an email and let me know. Providing you don’t turn my primary characters into zombies or animals or warp them all into another dimension without letting me know first, pretty much anything is acceptable. Just drop me a line and let me know what you think.

And now, with no further ado, I present to you, River City Stories...