The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Iron Girl

Editor’s Note:

Robounit8’s other Omegaverse character, “Flapper Girl”, was also introduced in the first anthology. Since then she has returned to star in a story collection of her own. And now “Flapper Girl” returns to liven up our second Omegaverse anthology.

—BalRog

Oh, hi again. Remember me? Belinda Nicholson, aka Flapper Girl?

OK, you’d forgot. Fine, if I’m that forgettable, giggle...Yes, it has been a while, but I’m told they want another tale from me, about the past life of River City, so...

Alright, not a lot has changed around here in the last few years, life goes on, villains come around, most get locked up, and then another turns up, to try his luck! Callum and I are still together, but given what I know, beyond a minor tiff (or three), it’s going to stay that way for a long, long time, oh joy!

Right, right, you want a short, amusing story for this anthology thing, Fine. Let’s see...

Oh, I know, you’ve heard of him already, or will have done if you looked at the series at least. Yes, that charmer of a guy, Rotwang. At the moment I’m still waiting for the engagement ring, let alone the wedding ring, but I know it’s coming, thanks to him, so...

Well, a couple of years after leaving town, he made a return. And yes, a few of the guys assumed he was in town to raise some more funds, and sent me off to pay him a friendly visit, given how well I got on with him before.

Anyway, over a cup of, err, tea, or two, he told me that we wouldn’t have to worry about such matters, he’d been well paid off while working in Germany, and was just living here to perfect the latest experiment he was working on. OK, fine, so I’m a science nut, so the moment he said that my hearing picked up, and I began to show interest.

“So what are you working on now?” I eagerly asked. Probably too eagerly, judging by the way his old eyes lit up, but hey...

“I’m working on improving the, err, premise I was working on in Germany.” he replied, “Would you like to take a look?”

Is Al Capone a gangster? Do I like the occasional drink?

Yes, these questions are about as obvious as asking me if I would like to take a look at his latest scientific experiment, knowing how good he was at these things.

“Improving on? Didn’t it work properly in Europe, then?” I asked.

He laughed, “Oh yes, dear, it worked, just not quite as planned. Minor technical hitch, and all that, which I think I’ve managed to correct, but it needs testing out, and that’s easier said than done, given the feelings of most people to inventions like this. Why don’t I show you?”

“Please do.” I replied, not trying to sound too eager, but all the same...

“Yes, I thought you might be keen on this. One of the reasons I came back to River City, in all honesty. So, Belinda, if you’d like to follow me?”

I followed, fascinated. Even so, when he opened the door to his lab, and switched the light on, and saw what was sat down in a chair, I still said,

“What the hell is that?”

“What would you like to call it? A mechanical woman? Strictly, no, because under the right circumstances, there is nothing mechanical about its movement, it walks just like a person. There is an East European term that sort of fits the bill, but I’m not sure you would have heard of it, my dear. A robot. But unfortunately, it’s a robot incapable of thinking for itself...at present. But, with help...”

At that moment in time, I didn’t like the way he was looking at me!

“What do you mean, with help, and why are you looking at me like that?”

“Because ‘she’—and yes, it IS a ‘her’, whatever you might think”, given the glare I was giving him, “—functions by replicating a person’s brain patterns within her system, and then becoming a robot clone of said person, until either switched off, or damaged. And yes, fine, given your interest in scientific experimentation, I thought you might allow me to use your mind, to...”

“...turn her into a robot replica of me, no thanks, sounds dangerous to me. Especially as you said it didn’t work first time around.”

“It wasn’t the brain download that was the problem, my dear, that worked just fine. In fact, the young lady whose mind I replicated helped to clear up the slight problem created by an overload of the system, the brain capacity just wasn’t enough. But now I believe I’ve solved that problem, I just need to test it, and see.”

I still had major doubts about this, but hey, I’m a scientist, and getting my name credited in the work of a major new creation, so... let’s at least ask.

“So, I take it that I stay human, and my mind just gets replicated, right?”

“Right, you’ll be fine.”

“OK, next question, how do you do this mind replication thing?”

“You lay in the enclosed chamber, I place a series of electrodes on your skull, connect you up to the system, and switch it on. Steadily, the system will transfer a replication of your thought patterns into the robot, via an electrical ring transformer, and then, when the work is completed, she will become an identical robot version of you.”

I looked suspiciously at him, “How do I know all this is true, that you won’t just turn me into your obedient, controlled machine?”

He laughed, “You should know me better than that, Billie, but if you wish, I’ll send Maria a telegram, and she can confirm all this. But that would take a few days, and I would like to try this out before then, so...?”

“And what happens with, err, her, once she becomes a robot version of me?”

“I want to run a series of tests, which will take a few days. After that, I can leave her as she is, though for your sake, if I did that, I’d move on, so that you wouldn’t have any problems around town. Alternatively, all I need to do is switch her off, and she would become a blank slate again, until the next time. That would be a shame though...?”

“Yes, yes, it would. So how long does this neural replication thing take?”

“About 2 or 3 hours, that’s all. After that, you can meet yourself, walk away, and go back to your office tomorrow, and no one would be any the wiser.”

“And it’s safe? Put it this way, I don’t want to end up in that robot body, and have no way out again.”

Fine, he laughed. Alright, it’s a slightly crazy laugh, but he laughed.

“You’ll be fine! Besides which, in the 0.001% chance of your mind literally being downloaded into the robot body, all I have to do is reverse the polarity, and send you back into yourself.”

“So I might—?”

“End up in the robot? Well I can’t make a 100% guarantee it won’t happen, but nothing suggests it would. And as I say, because it’s a replication, I could soon send it back into your mind anyway. So what do you say, Billie? History will show you as the girl who helped to create the first human robot, after all?”

“Surely this Maria woman is that?”

“Err, we’ve had to hush that one up, shall we say?” and winked at me.

“Fine, fine, let’s do it.”

He didn’t give me chance to change my mind, I was wired up, and in that tube pretty quickly.

“You’ll probably fall asleep, don’t worry about that, all will be fine.”

He was right, I did. I felt a tingling in my head, got all sleepy, and the next thing I knew was...

“Billie, Billie, are you OK?”

I sat up, and checked myself over, I seemed fine, but...“Yes, Doc, why?”

Then I saw her, over where that robot thing had been, me! I pinched myself, went “ouch” and knew I was for real.

“Just wanted to make sure your mind was still in there!” he said, with a grin.

“Yes, I’m fine, and, well, wow!”

“Yes, she is quite literally like you, only a metal machine. Impressed?”

“You bet, Doc!”

After one more (strong) drink, I set off for home. He said he’d contact me in about a week, when the testing was over, and I thought no more about it. Until...

* * *

It was 5 or 6 days later, while patrolling down town that I hit problems. The snag of being a “Super” with no actual special powers, is that you make a good target for villains. Even more so, those who know my strength, and word has got out.

So there I am, all tied up tightly, about to be turned into a mindless, subservient drone by some crazed guy, when I hear a noise. At first I hope it’s another Super who has found me, and come to my rescue. Knowing my luck, it was more likely to be one of his assistants, to help with turning me into his obedient slave.

Wrong. On both counts.

The door flies open, and I see, err, me! What the hell! And then, just as I’m wondering how this is happening, she walks across to the bad guy, and lifts him off the floor (and believe me, this guy was over 200 pounds) with contemptuous ease, and lobs him across the room, knocking him out cold.

“I” then walk across the room, undo my bonds, remove the visor (see through, thankfully) in a vigorous manner, and help me up from the seat. By the time I’m back on my feet again, Rotwang has arrived, laughing a lot having seen my plight.

“So, OK, I’m grateful, but how the hell did it, sorry, she, know I was in trouble?“

“A slight snag I was still working on, my dear, but under the circumstances, for you at least, a beneficial one. When I disconnected you from the chamber, it should have terminated the link between your mind, and her neural system, but it didn’t. I was trying to fix this, when she got your ‘distress signals’, for want of a better term, informed me you were in trouble, and requested to set out to rescue you.”

I just nodded, amazed.

“I gave her permission, and she set out immediately. I followed at a more sedate pace. I arrived here just in time to see your, err, friend having his first flying lesson, without a plane! So you see, Belinda, helping out with my experiment, loaning me your mind...”

“...saved my mind for real!” I interrupted, with a grin.

“Exactly. Oh, and Belinda?”

“Yes, we will leave now, let you call up the police, and take all the glory for this. But when you’re finished here? Come over to my place, I need your mind again, to sort out this little technicality. Fine?”

“Very fine, Doc!”

It was hilarious, the guy was telling the cops that I was like a machine, lifting him up like he weighed a feather, and he thought I didn’t have any special powers, until then.

Sergeant Powell looked at me strangely, he knew I didn’t have any special powers like that, but to give him his due, he didn’t say a word to the guy. Me, I just tried to look innocent, but that was never going to work, he knew me too well.

After that, for a few months at least, I was no longer called Flapper Girl by my Super friends, but “Iron Girl”! But no, I didn’t tell them the truth, all the same.

* * *

Fine, aftermath. I went back to Rotwang’s place, and he solved the problem. Seemingly though I’d physically disconnected from the neural chamber thing, my mind hadn’t. Thankfully, he’d worked out how to do it after a couple of days, but couldn’t get hold of me...Fortunately!

The outcome? Oh fine, I was sorry to see him leave town, but after that, I could hardly say no to him keeping Billie-bot intact, could I? After all, I, sorry, she had saved my life!

Funny thing was, about 10 years later, he, and Callum got together to work on something, but I am so not telling you what it was.

What’s that? Turning me into a robot, as if! Well...I did need a Super upgrade, but even so...

(end)