The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Disclaimer: Read no more if you are under 18, if reading this kind of material is illegal under your local laws, or if you are offended by graphic descriptions of sexual activity. This story is for fantasy only—do not try this in real life. It is not to be spoofed or reposted. If you’re reading this anywhere other than mcstories.com, it’s been stolen.

© 2020 by le Duc de Kavaliere

Scarlet Valentine

by le Duc de Kavaliere

Part One

Prologue: The Invitation

Emily unlocked the door to her apartment building. What a loser, she thought. Cliff had spent weeks flirting with her and had eventually asked her out for coffee. She’d finally agreed to meet, and the first thing he did at the coffee shop was to hit on the waitress. Just another man with no class, the blonde woman thought. She found his business card in her purse and tossed it in the recycling bin by the mailboxes. I’ll never think of him again, she decided, and ascended the stairs to her apartment.

She found a note on the dining room table. Her roommate Anna had written that she’d be back late tonight.

Alighting on the couch, Emily turned on the television. She flipped channels until finally settling on a re-run of The Stacy Werd Mysteries.

The phone rang during the end credits. Startled, she turned off the television and reached for the receiver. “Hello?”

“Good afternoon, Emily,” came a familiar Southern voice.

Emily’s heart skipped a beat. “Hello, Miss Scarlett!” she exclaimed.

She could hear the smile in the hypnotist’s tone. “It’s good to hear your voice,” the Southern belle lilted.

“It’s good to hear yours too,” Emily said honestly. “I’ve missed you.”

Anna had dragged Emily to a hypnosis show more than two years ago. The blonde woman hadn’t believed in hypnosis before, but her mind—and her whole world—had been changed over the course of a few minutes. The stage hypnotist had turned out to be the most alluring woman Emily had ever seen. She’d immediately been caught up in admiring Miss Scarlett’s beauty, watching the way she moved, and listening to her compelling voice. Before Emily knew what was happening, she had gone into hypnosis along with the people on stage. While hypnotized, Emily had volunteered to join the show.

Afterwards, Anna had insisted they go backstage to thank the performer. Miss Scarlett quickly hypnotized Anna again, and Emily was soon hypnotized too.

Emily later admitted to Anna that she’d been wrong about hypnosis. It was a real thing, and being hypnotized was the most relaxing experience she’d ever had in her life. What Emily hadn’t told Anna was that she and Miss Scarlett had shared a moment of passion while Anna had slept, oblivious to everything, a few feet away.

Emily and Scarlett continued to see each other whenever the lady hypnotist was in town, but—unfortunately—that wasn’t very often. The Southern belle was constantly on the road, taking her show to different cities.

“I’ve missed you too,” Miss Scarlett told her. “I hope you’re not busy on the weekend of February eleventh.”

Emily thought for a moment. Wasn’t that the weekend before Valentine’s Day? “No, I have no plans.” She smiled. “Are you going to be in town?”

“I hope you’ll be available to visit me,” the Southern belle said softly.

Emily’s breath caught in her throat. Oh, my goodness. A visit to Miss Scarlett. It would be like going to the spa and getting a massage for two days straight. “I—ah—Miss Scarlett, I would love to see you, but I don’t have the money for a plane ticket.”

She heard the smile in the Southerner’s coaxing voice. “I’ve saved up a bit,” the lady hypnotist explained. “If you can fly out on Friday afternoon and home on Sunday night, I can have the plane tickets in the mail to you tomorrow.”

Emily imagined the raven-haired hypnotist swinging a pocket watch before her eyes. “I—yes,” she stammered. “I would love to. But I can’t accept a gift like that. It’s—it’s too much.”

“You know you want to,” Miss Scarlett teased.

Oh, but I do, Emily thought. A whole weekend of Miss Scarlett hypnotizing her. A whole weekend with the Southern belle inside her head. “I—well—” she began.

“How about we split the cost?” the Southerner said seriously. “You can pay me back later.”

Emily remembered the times the lady hypnotist had whispered to her until her eyelids got heavy and she fell asleep in Scarlett’s arms. She would be under Scarlett’s spell—for an entire weekend. “I—all right, yes.” She leaned back onto the sofa, her mind whirling.

“I’m so glad,” the hypnotist purred, and the warmth in her voice made Emily smile. “I’m looking forward to it.”

“So am I,” Emily whispered.

“See you on February eleventh,” Miss Scarlett promised.

They chatted a little longer, but Emily could barely concentrate. She was quivering with excitement.

She was going to visit Miss Scarlett.

For an entire weekend.

Emily packed a bag on Thursday night and left work early on Friday. She wore her long blonde hair in a ponytail and her usual travel garb—blue jeans, sweatshirt, jacket, and comfortable shoes. She went through the usual procedures of checking her bag at the airport, going through security, and waiting at the gate. In no time at all she was on a plane to Louisville.

She couldn’t concentrate on her book. She was too excited. Only a few more hours, she told herself. She and Miss Scarlett would have two full days together. Two days with the most beautiful woman she knew. Two days of romance. Two days of being hypnotized.

Miss Scarlett could put her mind and body into a state of complete relaxation just by talking to her for a few minutes. Emily still didn’t understand how it all worked, and she didn’t really want to. She liked thinking of Scarlett as magical.

The idea of kissing another woman had never occurred to Emily before she met Miss Scarlett. Maybe she’d be completely straight if she had never met the raven-haired hypnotist—but there was something about the mysterious Southerner that pressed all her buttons. Scarlett was intelligent, witty, sexy, feminine—and she drew Emily in like a moth drawn to a flame. Emily couldn’t wait for Scarlett’s kiss. She couldn’t wait for her touch. She couldn’t wait to be hypnotized.

Emily had been daydreaming about this all month. She wondered how long it would take Scarlett to hypnotize her after she got off the plane. Who would bring it up first? Would Scarlett offer, would she wait for Emily to ask, or would the feline hypnotist just hold up a pocket watch?

Listening to Scarlett’s voice and letting the beautiful hypnotist guide her mind wherever she wanted came naturally to Emily. It was a little like putting on a blindfold and going through a trust walk exercise. She instinctively knew Scarlett would never let her trip.

Would she?

Emily was looking forward to seeing Scarlett’s home. She was looking forward to surrendering her mind and body to the Southern belle, to letting Scarlett guide her to levels of intimacy and passion she’d never known before.

And then she would go home.

Or would she?

Emily trusted Scarlett. Was that really a good idea? How well did she know the lady hypnotist, anyway? Her mailing address was a P.O. box, so she didn’t know where her house was. Scarlett had mentioned a brother, but she didn’t know his name. Goodness, she didn’t even know what Scarlett’s last name was. She and Scarlett were more than friends, but they weren’t a couple. She supposed they were friends with benefits... but they were more than that, because they had gone on dates. There was definitely romance involved.

Scarlett had the amazing ability to get inside Emily’s head. Now Emily was going to Scarlett’s home, and she knew she was going to be hypnotized.

What if she never left?

Miss Scarlett could hypnotize her so she never wanted to leave. The thought brought butterflies to Emily’s stomach. What if Scarlett did that? Scarlett could decide she wanted Emily to stay forever, and hypnotize her into agreeing. Emily knew herself well enough to know she might go along with it. When she was hypnotized she always agreed with everything Scarlett said. Had she ever disagreed with Scarlett when she was hypnotized? She didn’t remember ever doing so.

Emily finally had a job she liked and worked with nice people. The graphic design wasn’t her style, but at least she was doing what she went to college for, and she could do her own art in her spare time. She didn’t want to leave Anna and their other friends.

What if Scarlett made her forget Anna? What if she forgot the job she’d worked so hard to get? What if she forgot her whole life? What if Scarlett turned her into a cook or a maid, and left her that way forever?

Well, then, Emily thought sardonically, Scarlett will end up with second-rate food and a dirty house. She could cook, but she was no chef, and she had no particular talent for cleaning.

She thought back to the times she’d been hypnotized. Once, Scarlett had made her think she was showering in the stage hypnotist’s dressing room. Emily had really thought she was lathering and rinsing herself while they chatted. She’d been amazed when she’d realized the next day that there hadn’t been a shower in the room and she’d never been wet.

Another time Scarlett had hypnotized her to stand perfectly still while the Southern belle had kissed and caressed her body. She’d been covered in chills.

Miss Scarlett always snaps me out of it at the end, Emily thought. She’s never turned me into anyone else permanently. Even the first time she made me desire her only built on the fascination I already felt.

Suppose Scarlett does want to turn me into somebody else, Emily wondered. Scarlett could make Emily want it. She could make her enjoy it. What if she fell so deep into Scarlett’s spell that she couldn’t trust her own thoughts? Scarlett could make her forget she ever thought differently. She could make her forget she ever wanted anything else. Scarlett could change Emily and make her like it.

Miss Scarlett is not like that, Emily told herself. She will hypnotize me, I will be under her power, and I will still be me. I will be perfectly safe.

But Scarlett wouldn’t have to hypnotize her into thinking she were a cook or a maid. She could just make Emily think she was happy being with Scarlett and she didn’t want to leave.

Maybe I won’t want to leave on Sunday, Emily thought. Maybe I will want to stay. But I want that to be my decision.

I will tell her, Emily decided. Tell her what I want, then prove to her how much I trust her by asking her to hypnotize me. Miss Scarlett is alluring and wicked and mischievous, but she would never hurt me.

Unless she hypnotized me to think that...

* * *

“As we begin our final descent into Louisville, please make sure your tray tables are in the full upright and locked position...”

* * *

Emily’s heart pounded as she followed the signs from the gate toward the baggage claim. She hadn’t seen Scarlett in several months, though they’d talked on the phone a few times. What if something goes wrong? What if I say something that ruins our friendship?

She turned a corner—and there she was.

Scarlett was as elegant as always. The Southern belle’s black hair was up in a bun behind her head. Her usual black leather jacket was unzipped, revealing a deep red sweater. A matching red scarf wrapped loosely around her neck. A black skirt rippled from her waist down to the floor.

The Southern belle’s eyes were so dark and deep that Emily thought she didn’t really need makeup—but she’d worn eyeliner and mascara anyway. Look at me right here and don’t look away, her eyes said.

Emily quickened her pace without thinking about it. The Southern belle grinned, and in a moment they were in each other’s arms.

“Missed you,” Scarlett murmured into Emily’s hair.

“Missed you too,” Emily whispered. She closed her eyes and tipped her head up.

Scarlett’s lips brushed against her cheek, a feathery touch so brief Emily wasn’t sure she really felt it. “Not in the airport,” she whispered back, almost too quietly for her guest to hear.

This is harder than I thought it would be, the blonde woman thought as the two women walked over to the baggage carousel and waited for her bag to arrive. Her hand automatically reached for Scarlett’s. The raven-haired hypnotist took her hand, squeezed it, and let it go all too quickly.

“How was your flight?”

“Nervous,” Emily replied honestly.

Scarlett looked at her, the hypnotist’s brown eyes full of tenderness. “It was that scary?”

“What? No, the flight was fine,” the blonde woman explained. “I mean... I haven’t seen you in months and months. We haven’t talked that much lately and...” she trailed off.

“We have catching up to do,” Miss Scarlett supplied.

“Yes,” Emily nodded. It was so hard to stand next to Miss Scarlett and not touch her. What is wrong with me, Emily thought. I must look like such a loser. Desperation does not become me.

“I hope you’re not going to be too cold in that jacket,” Scarlett commented. “It can get cold here in February.”

“I know. I didn’t think we’d be outside for that long.” Emily looked up at the Southern belle. “Will we?”

“Probably not. I can always loan you something.”

Emily laughed. “Anything of yours will be tall on me.”

“Nice and cozy, I hope,” the Southerner grinned.

Emily’s bag arrived, and Scarlett led her through the short term parking to a black Chevrolet corvette. Emily didn’t know a lot about cars, but she was impressed. “You have a convertible?” she asked, then cursed herself internally for stating the obvious.

Scarlett put Emily’s suitcase in the trunk. “Summers here are hot just like winters are cold.”

“I remember.” Emily slid into the passenger seat.

Scarlett looked at her quizzically before starting the car. “I thought you were from California.”

Emily shook her head. “I live in California. I’m from Indianapolis.”

“Indianapolis? You don’t have an accent!”

The blonde woman looked over at the Southern belle. “I didn’t know there was one.”

“Well, not one like mine,” Scarlett grinned, emphasizing her Southern drawl. “But you can hear it if you know what to listen for.” She paused. “So you grew up around here?”

Emily nodded. “About two hours northwest of here. Kentucky almost feels familiar.”

It was getting close to dusk, and Emily admired the scenery as the sun set behind them. Scarlett drove onto the highway, then reached for Emily’s hand. The blonde woman happily laced her own fingers through Scarlett’s.

“How did you come to live in California?” Miss Scarlett asked.

“I went to college there and never left,” Emily explained. “I met Anna, eventually got a job in design. It’s expensive, but it’s home.”

“You care about her a lot.”

“Anna? She’s my best friend. She’s like the sister I never had.”

“Do you see your parents often?”

Emily shook her head. “Plane tickets are expensive, as you know. Thank you, by the way.”

“For what?”

“Inviting me. It’s amazing being here with you.”

Scarlett had to let go of her guest’s hand to shift gears, but took it again after a moment. She made a few turns. “It’s amazing seeing you too.”

The Southern belle pulled into her driveway, then into the garage. She unbuckled her seatbelt, then leaned over to give Emily a quick kiss on the cheek. The blonde woman’s heart leaped—but Scarlett was already getting her suitcase out of the trunk.

“I don’t think I’ve done a very good job impressing you so far,” the Southern belle mused as Emily joined her. “My garage looks like a garage. I should have taken you in through the front door.”

“You still can,” Emily pointed out.

Scarlett grinned, and took her hand.

“Besides,” the blonde woman added as the Southern belle led her around the building, “I’m always impressed with you.”

The house was a cozy one nestled in a property that was mostly forest. The first story was brick. The second floor was vaguely Colonial, with a sharply slanted roof. Miss Scarlett took Emily on a tour, pointing out the living room on the left, the dining room on the right, and the kitchen in the back. A delicious smell came from the oven.

Scarlett checked it quickly. “Dinner should be ready in ten minutes.”

Emily took Miss Scarlett’s hand and squeezed it. “You cooked dinner for me?”

The Southern belle grinned. “This is your first dinner at my house. I wasn’t going to order pizza.”

Scarlett took Emily and her suitcase upstairs, and placed her guest’s luggage in the guest room. Both bedrooms seemed enormous, but Emily quickly realized the slanted walls on both sides limited the amount of usable space. Scarlett’s had a four poster bed, two dressers, and a wardrobe. The guest room had a twin bed, but also a desk with a phone and a computer. Bookshelves covered the side walls.

“The guest room doubles as my home office,” Miss Scarlett explained. “I don’t have many guests, so it usually doesn’t pose a problem.”

Emily looked around the guest room. Several certificates were mounted on the walls. She stepped forward for a closer look, but heard a beeping from downstairs.

“That would be dinner,” Scarlett said with a smile, and Emily followed her down the staircase.

The table was already set. Miss Scarlett went to the kitchen, retrieved a platter from the oven, and placed it on the dining room table’s trivets. The host had already set silverware for two places, with cloth napkins. She poured them both glasses of water, lit the red candles around the center of the table, and motioned Emily to sit.

The delicious smell redoubled, and Emily—who was not a culinary expert—admitted aloud that she was impressed. Scarlett’s platter held generous amounts of baked chicken legs, dumplings, potatoes au gratin, biscuits with honey, peaches spiced with cloves, and peas.

Miss Scarlett served them both. “The chicken legs are finger food.”

Emily took a few bites. “This is delicious, Miss Scarlett! You cooked all this yourself?”

Her host nodded with a grin. “I can’t invite you to Kentucky without showing you proper hospitality.” Her brown eyes twinkled.

“You didn’t have to do all this for me,” Emily said softly.

“Yes, I did.” Scarlett placed her hand on Emily’s for a moment. “Fixing a proper Southern meal is exactly what one is supposed to do for a guest. Also, it’s my apology for putting you on the spot so often. I know I have a bad habit of showing up unannounced.”

“I’m always happy to see you,” Emily said honestly. “You have a beautiful home.” She frowned wistfully. “Anna and I have an apartment. I don’t think either of us will ever be able to afford a house in California.”

“That’s one reason I live in my home state, though I don’t perform here very often,” Scarlett admitted. “I can afford the real estate here. It’s ironic—I don’t have many hypnotherapy clients any more. Most of my work is on the stage now.”

Emily took a breath. “Miss Scarlett, about hypnosis...”

“Yes, Emily?”

“I love being hypnotized,” the blonde woman confessed. “It’s the most relaxing feeling I’ve ever felt. And—I really enjoy the things you make me do when I’m hypnotized.”

Miss Scarlett took her guest’s hand again. “I’m glad.”

“I trust you,” Emily said, “and I’m glad that—when I wake up at the end I’m still me. Even when I do things I didn’t know I could do, or feel things I didn’t know I could feel, I know I’m going to still be myself at the end. You’re not going to turn me permanently into someone else.”

Scarlett turned her chair a bit so she faced Emily directly, then took her guest’s other hand in her free one. “Emily, I like you exactly as you are. I would never change you.”

The blonde woman smiled shyly.

“You’re the best subject I’ve ever worked with,” Miss Scarlett continued. “And I’ve worked with a lot. It means so much to me the way you and I connect, and every time I hypnotize you—every single time—you take my breath away. You show me how much you trust me. You give yourself unreservedly. Unconditionally. Your trust means the world to me, Emily.”

Emily gazed into Miss Scarlett’s eyes, then leaned forward. Scarlett cupped Emily’s cheeks in her hands, and kissed her lips tenderly.

The blonde woman smiled dreamily as they parted. Though Scarlett smelled of cooking, her kisses were the most romantic Emily had ever had.

“Would you like some dessert?” the Southern belle asked.

Emily smiled. “She cooks, she hosts, she hypnotizes people, is there anything you don’t do? What are we having?”

“You didn’t see it on the counter?” Miss Scarlett said mischievously. “I baked it this morning.”

“No. You have such a lovely home, I must have missed that detail.”

“Well, then it will be a surprise,” the Southern belle said. She rose and began clearing their plates.

“That’s just as well,” Emily said. “I need to use the rest room.”

Scarlett nodded, then disappeared into the kitchen.

Emily hurried up the stairs. She’d told Miss Scarlett the truth, but there was a reason she wanted to go upstairs instead of using the closer bathroom. She relieved herself quickly, then slipped into the guest room.

She read the certificates, and her eyes widened.

A high school diploma. “Shannon R. Mulbray has successfully completed the academic requirements for graduation from high school, With Highest Honors, Summa Cum Laude, June 1986.” The second read: “Valedictorian, presented to Shannon R. Mulbray in recognition of outstanding scholastic achievement.”

Scarlett had been valedictorian?

The third: “Be it known that the Trustees of the University of Louisville have conferred upon Shannon R. Mulbray the degree of Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & Sociology with a minor in Theater, With Honors, Magna Cum Laude, May 1990.” The fourth was a Masters in Psychology from the University of Kentucky, Lexington, June 1992. A fifth: membership in Phi Beta Kappa. A sixth: Certified Hypnotherapist, Barnett College, Fairfield, New York, December 1992. A seventh read that Shannon—Miss Scarlett—was a licensed massage therapist.

Stunned, Emily walked down the stairs and met Scarlett in the kitchen. She smelled the scent of fresh apple pie. Scarlett had prepared a piece for each of them and was scooping vanilla ice cream onto the plates.

“Shannon?”

“Yes, Emily?” Miss Scarlett put the ice cream container back in the freezer.

“That’s your real name?”

With a nod, Scarlett handed her a plate. Emily closed her eyes and inhaled the delicious scent of apples and sugar.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked after a moment.

“You never asked,” the hypnotist said with a grin. Emily followed her out to the dining room.

“You were valedictorian?” Emily asked when they were both seated.

Scarlett nodded.

“The more I get to know you the more amazing you are,” the blonde woman said between bites. “By the way, this is heavenly.”

The Southern belle smiled at her. “I aim to please. You’re amazing too.”

Emily shook her head. “In high school I wasn’t even in the top half.”

“What about college?”

“I did better,” she admitted. “But then I could take art classes.”

“Exactly. You’re an artist. That’s who you’re supposed to be. Don’t sell yourself short because you’re not a chemist too.”

Emily swallowed. “You’re too kind, Miss Scarlett. You’re gracious and generous and—that reminds me!” She wiped her hands on her napkin, went to her purse, and got out several twenties. “This is for my half of the plane ticket.”

“You don’t have to do that,” Miss Scarlett said. “It’s my treat.”

“No.” Emily placed the money on the table in front of her host. “I want to pay my share. You’ve done all this for me, it’s only fair.”

“All right.” Scarlett squeezed Emily’s hand, then took the plates to the kitchen.

Emily looked out the window. The sun had set behind the all trees surrounding the house, casting shadows that made it seem later than it really was. What does Miss Scarlett have planned next, she wondered.

The Southern belle stepped into the dining room, both hands behind her head. In a quick motion she removed a pin, and her long wavy hair tumbled sensuously down her back. She rubbed the back of her head a bit, and her brown-black hair swished around her waist. “Ah, that’s better.”

Emily had never seen a woman more lovely. Miss Scarlett is breathtaking, she thought—not just her looks, but her confidence, the way she talks, the way she moves her body, even the way she dresses.

Scarlett moved the candles from the dinner table to a coffee table in the living room, dimmed the lights, then took Emily’s hand and led her to a couch. She moved one of the chairs beside the coffee table so it faced the sofa, and the two women sat down, facing each other. The candlelight made Emily think of valentines and romance. She took her glasses off and set them on the coffee table.

Miss Scarlett seems even more mysterious in the soft light, Emily thought. How do I say this? I should just ask. Come on, just say it.

“Would you like me to hypnotize you?” the Southern belle asked.

That works, Emily thought. “Yes. Please. I would love that.” It was going to happen. Miss Scarlett was going to make her totally, completely relaxed... then slip inside her head and take over.

Scarlett took Emily’s hand. Slowly, she swung it back and forth. “Let your arm be loose and limp, loose and limp, totally relaxed. Give me complete control over that arm, complete control. Loose and limp, loose and limp. Letting go, letting go, letting go. I’m a hypnotist and I’m hypnotizing you. Now look at my hand.”

Scarlett raised her other hand before Emily’s face and began drawing circles in the air with her index finger. “Look at my finger, around and around, around and around.” Was she drawing circles, or were they spirals? Emily could not tell.

Scarlett was moving her arm. “Up, down, left, right, all around,” the lady hypnotist narrated. Her finger was still moving in circles, but at the same time she was moving her hand up and down, then to the left, then to the right, then in a circle. Emily followed the movement with her eyes, up, down, back, forth.

“Up, down, all around, up, down, all around,” Miss Scarlett chanted. “Up, down, all around, up, down, all around. Now, why is a raven like a writing-desk?”

Huh?

“Sleep,” Miss Scarlett said intensely, snapping her fingers. Emily collapsed, eyes closed, into her host’s arms.

To Be Continued