The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Scarlet Valentine

by le Duc de Kavaliere

Part Four

Emily awoke in Miss Scarlett’s four-poster bed on Sunday morning.

Sunday, Emily thought. My last day here. I’ll be back home tomorrow. For Valentine’s Day.

This has been a great visit, she thought. I never even slept in the guest bed!

She sat up, stretched, and realized she was nude. I guess when you spend the night with a hypnotist this kind of thing happens, she thought.

She slipped on her pajamas, then started down the stairs. A lock of hair fell in her face when she reached the fourth step. I forgot to braid it last night, she thought. She retrieved her hairbrush, then continued down to the kitchen.

Miss Scarlett was warming up the maple syrup. She’d tied her long black hair out of her face in a simple bun on the back of her head. The waffles she’d made yesterday were ready to go into the toaster oven. “Good morning, Emily,” she said with a smile.

The lovers kissed. “How long have you been awake?” Emily asked.

“Ten minutes?” Scarlett mused. She put the waffles in the oven, and both women sat down.

“Miss Scarlett, why did you hypnotize me to think I didn’t know you?”

“Was it romantic?”

“Oh yes,” Emily conceded. “But... why? Is that all?”

The feline hypnotist shook her head. “The first time we met, you went into trance just from watching me hypnotize the volunteers on stage. I’m not sure you made a conscious decision to let yourself be hypnotized. It just happened. I wanted to make sure you’d still be... interested in me... if I hadn’t invited you up on stage.”

Emily nodded. “Miss Scarlett, I would still be interested even if you hadn’t hypnotized me. Watching you hypnotize those people was—amazing. Enthralling. If I hadn’t been hypnotized I would have wished I had been. If you’d hypnotized me and you hadn’t noticed me I would have daydreamed about what it would be like if you had. You’re the most attractive person I’ve ever met.”

Scarlett kissed her lovingly. “Thank you, Emily.”

“Thank you for inviting me,” the blonde woman said honestly.

The two enjoyed Scarlett’s homemade waffles together. Afterwards, Emily brushed out her hair, and noticed Scarlett’s eyes on her.

“Your hair is very beautiful,” the Southern belle said with a smile. “And your eyes, your voice, your face, your gentleness.”

Emily nodded. “Thank you, Miss Scarlett.” She tilted her head to one side. “So, Shannon Mulbray. How long have you known you wanted to be a hypnotist?”

“Since I was little. I remember seeing hypnosis on Charlie’s Angels and shows like that, and I couldn’t take my eyes from the screen. I wanted to know if it were really possible to do that to someone.” Scarlett grinned. “Of course, the media gets it all wrong—but I used to imagine myself as one of those heroines. I’d know hypnosis, and if someone couldn’t remember a clue they’d seen, I’d be the one who hypnotized them to remember it. If someone was brainwashed, I’d be the one to deprogram them. Or I’d be the villainess who hypnotized the detective. She’d call me at two A.M. and tell me everything she knew. Then I would make her forget everything. She’d wake up the next morning none the wiser.”

Emily smiled at her.

“The school library didn’t have any books on hypnosis, but the encyclopedia had an article. I must have read it fifty times. The local library had two books—one from the forties and one from the fifties. Terribly dated now, but back then I read everything I could get my hands on, and they were all I could find. I practically memorized them.” The Southern belle smiled. “I ordered some more from inter-library loan.”

Emily started braiding her hair, and a half-smile played across her face. “Now I wish I had forgotten something so you could hypnotize me to remember it.” She paused for a moment. “Say, you put something in my head so you can hypnotize me right away?”

Miss Scarlett nodded.

“Have you put anything else in there that you didn’t turn off later?”

The hypnotist shook her head. “Not really, unless you count my mailing address.”

“Could you... do something like that? Maybe something... small, something... innocuous, something that won’t affect my life too much, but I’ll still know it’s there?”

Scarlett thought for a moment, then smiled mischievously. “I suppose I could,” she said.

Emily slid a tie around the end of her braid, then settled down in her chair as Miss Scarlett took both her hands in her own. I’m going to be hypnotized, the blonde woman thought, and the two women locked eyes.

“Emily, sleep in my spell.

“Three, waking up, eyes open, wide awake. Welcome back.”

Emily opened her eyes, blinked a few times, and took a deep breath. “It’s so odd, opening my eyes when I don’t remember closing them.” She smiled at her host. “So you did something to me?”

Scarlett nodded.

Emily thought hard, but the time she was hypnotized was a complete blank, She didn’t remember being hypnotized at all. “I don’t feel any different,” she said.

Miss Scarlett slid her chair so she was sitting beside Emily, then touched the blonde woman’s braid. When Emily smiled, Scarlett caressed it a bit. “Your hair is so lovely. Do you ever think about cutting it?”

Emily shook her head vehemently. “No, never. I love it like this.”

“Are you sure? I know a good hairdresser.”

Emily snatched her braid away from Scarlett, who grinned. “Are you crazy? I love my hair. I thought you liked it this way!”

“Oh, I do,” Scarlett said.

Emily blinked. “My hair. Something about my hair.” She looked pensive. “But I love my hair. I’m the artist with the long hair. I don’t want to cut it. I don’t want to change it. You... you can’t have hypnotized me to grow my hair out, because I had it like this since before I met you. You can’t have hypnotized me into keeping it this style, because I was going to anyway. Unless... did I want to—er—do that, and you made me change my mind?”

“Not exactly,” Scarlett said. She got their photograph from the Belle of Louisville. There the lovers were, arm in arm, Emily with her golden hair flowing over her left shoulder, Scarlett with her raven hair over her right. “I like you as you are.”

Emily ran her hand over her braid. “I don’t get it.”

“Do you want to get a haircut?”

“No, no, no. Why do you keep bringing this up?” Emily gazed at the Southern belle, then realization dawned. “I... don’t remember being this... opposed to it. That’s it, isn’t it? You made it so I can’t cut my hair?”

Miss Scarlett grinned. “I asked you if you would ever cut your hair. You said you loved it and would never change it. So I told you that you will always want that, and you can only trim it to keep it healthy. So, since I strengthened a decision you already made... I doubt you’ll ever be able to change your mind.”

“But... I don’t want to change my mind,” Emily said. “I mean—I can’t?” She opened her mouth, then paused. “That’s so weird. I can’t even say the words. I can’t say I want—that—thing—my hair—” She paused again, flummoxed. “I can’t—say—I want—what we talked about. That’s so weird!”

Scarlett stood up and walked behind Emily’s chair. “Pretend I’m a hairdresser. How would you like me to do your hair, Emily darling?”

The blonde woman took a deep breath. “I want a little trim to keep it healthy,” she said automatically. “Gracious, that’s what you just told me! I want—my hair—the opposite of long? That doesn’t make any sense. I can’t even get the words out when I’m joking!”

The blonde woman got a pair of scissors from the knife-block on the kitchen counter. She held the scissors up, and then put them back down. “I—I know I am not going to do anything to my hair, and I still can’t get the scissors anywhere near it! That’s so weird!”

She sat down beside Miss Scarlett. “I guess I did say I wanted something like that.”

“You don’t want me to turn it off again?”

Emily shook her head. “No. You did what I asked. You put something in my head permanently. I know it’s there, but it won’t affect my life, not really.” She leaned forward and kissed Miss Scarlett gently. “It’s fine. Now, what about your hair?”

“What about it?”

“Show me pictures.”

Emily thought she saw a look of concern flash across the Southern belle’s face, but her host led her to the upstairs office.

The blonde woman sat on the bed. Scarlett handed Emily a yearbook, and pointed to a page about two-thirds of the way through. “That’s me as a senior in high school.”

Emily’s eyes widened. “Wow. That’s you?”

“Well, that was the style back in the eighties. You can see why I grew my bangs out.” The Southerner smiled resignedly. “I realized I should do what I think is beautiful regardless of what the style happens to be. Who cares about fashion?”

“You’re the most glamorous person I know.”

“Thank you.”

The blonde woman turned the pages. “Wow—you were valedictorian and head cheerleader? And on the debate team? And in the play?”

Scarlett smiled. “I love theater, but I only got supporting roles. The big annual play was always a musical. I can hold a tune, but singing isn’t my strong suit.”

Emily turned back and looked at Miss Scarlett’s senior picture again. “You’re beautiful.”

Miss Scarlett cupped Emily’s cheek in one hand, drew the blonde woman to her, and kissed her. Emily’s hand slid around Scarlett’s neck, and pulled her down onto the bed. They gazed into each other’s eyes for a moment, and their lips met again.

“How did you do that last night?” Emily whispered. “It was like you were touching inside me, but you were holding my hands the whole time.”

“It’s like this,” Scarlett said, her brown eyes gazing into Emily’s blue. “Emily, sleep in my spell.”

Emily heard Scarlett’s voice, coaxing and lulling, but she couldn’t quite make out the words. She drifted, eyes closed, on the soothing sound.

“On the count of three, you will wake. One, two, three. Open your eyes.”

Emily looked at her lover blankly. Neither of them had moved. “What did you do to me?” she asked softly.

Miss Scarlett rolled to her side, then started moving her hand in the air from Emily’s navel to her knee, then back again. Emily looked down; it was like Scarlett was caressing the air.

“What are you—oh!” She felt Miss Scarlett’s touch, even though the feline hypnotist was moving her hand back and forth six inches above her body. Hypnotic spirals teased her clitoris, between her legs... and inside her.

“Oh,” Emily said. “Oh. Oh. Oh! I—oh!” She went limp as sensation flowed through her, from her abdomen up her torso and down to her feet.

“You are under my power,” Scarlett purred in her ear.

“I—yes!” Emily squealed as Scarlett’s energy touched her insides.

“You feel my power in exactly the right way.” Scarlett kissed her cheek.

Emily felt Scarlett’s energy merging with her own as the feline hypnotist slowly waved her hand over her body. It was building inside her, more and greater and deeper—until it became too much. The energy peaked and washed through her in a wave, overwhelming her, from her toes to her fingers and the top of her head. Her body shook, but she managed to pull Scarlett’s head to hers and kiss her.

Emily couldn’t believe what Scarlett had just done. Without even touching her. In her pajamas. She took a few deep breaths, then looked over at her lover, blue eyes wide. “I—I guess—I am under Scarlett’s spell. I guess. Still.”

“You don’t have to say that anymore,” Miss Scarlett said softly.

Emily took Scarlett’s hand and squeezed it. “I—I think I like to.”

* * *

Miss Scarlett put her guest’s suitcase in the trunk of her car.

I do not want to do this, she thought.

Emily was inside gathering up her last things. They’d freshened up and had eaten a quick lunch, but there was an empty feeling in the Southerner’s stomach.

Scarlett leaned against her car. This was the best Valentine’s weekend she’d ever had. She did not want it to end. She did not want Emily to go.

No problem, part of her said. All I have to do is say the four little words, and Emily is mine. Four little words, and she will be hypnotized. Four little words and she will do anything I say.

Scarlett was starting to suspect that Emily simply didn’t have the inner skeptic that everyone else has, the subconscious voice that would prevent her from carrying out hypnotic suggestions that weren’t in her best interest. Scarlett wasn’t about to test this theory, but she wouldn’t be surprised if it were true. Emily trusted Scarlett like she trusted herself. That, and she’s a somnambulist, Scarlett thought. That, and she loves being hypnotized. That, and she lets me put her under my power whenever I want.

“Sleep in my spell,” Miss Scarlett would say, and Emily would stop whatever she was doing. Her eyes would close and her head would nod as she fell deep into trance. “You can’t get in the car,” Scarlett would say. “On the count of three, you will wake up, and you will have no memory of just having fallen asleep. One, two, three.”

Emily would put her hand on the door. “I—I can’t—Miss Scarlett, I can’t open the door. I don’t know—I don’t understand what’s wrong with me.” Then she would start to rationalize it. “I—I don’t want to get in the car.” Scarlett would walk around and hold her, then they would kiss.

Miss Scarlett wouldn’t even have to do THAT. “Sleep in my spell. You want to stay here. You don’t want to leave.” Snap.

Emily would stare at her across the hood of the car. “I don’t want to go. Miss Scarlett, don’t make me.” Emily would be the one to run around the vehicle, and Scarlett would catch her, and they would kiss passionately.

She could make Emily refuse to get in the car. She could make her think it was all her idea.

Emily stepped into the garage, and their eyes met. “I wish I didn’t have to go,” the blonde woman said wistfully.

You don’t, Miss Scarlett thought. That could even count as consent. Just say the words. She wants me to. She will embrace the suggestion to stay just as strongly as she embraced that suggestion about her hair. Say it. Sleep in my spell, and this weekend will continue forever.

“Emily...” Miss Scarlett began.

“Mmm?”

Sleep in my spell. Sleep in my spell. Sleep in my spell.

I can’t do it, Scarlett thought. She told me, in so many words, that she did not want to be turned into someone else. Then she gave me carte blanche to do whatever I wanted to her. Except that.

“I...”

“Yes, Miss Scarlett?”

If I hypnotize you into staying, I won’t deserve you, the lady hypnotist wanted to say. But I want to. So much.

“I’m going to miss you,” Scarlett said.

Emily nodded. “I’m going to miss you too.”

* * *

Miss Scarlett left the car in the short-term parking, and walked with Emily to the security line. “I guess this is goodbye,” Emily said, looking up at her lover.

“Goodbye for now,” Miss Scarlett said. “I’ll call you.”

“I can’t wait,” Emily promised.

The two women embraced, holding each other tightly. Scarlett and Emily stared into each other’s eyes. They made the decision simultaneously, and kissed, holding it for a long time.

Eventually they had to let go. Emily stepped through the metal detector and into the secure area. She stopped right before the corner, and waved shyly.

Miss Scarlett blew her a kiss.

The blonde woman smiled, and turned the corner out of Scarlett’s sight.

* * *

“We have now reached cruising altitude. You are now free to get up and move about the cabin.”

I can’t stop thinking about her, Emily thought. Scarlett’s voice, her eyes, her mannerisms, the way she moves her body, her generosity, her touch, her hair, her confidence. Even the way she dresses. She’s so feminine, so alluring, so magical.

I can’t believe I’m attracted to another woman, Emily thought. I can’t believe the most beautiful woman I’ve ever met noticed me. I can’t believe she pursued me. I can’t believe how badly I want this.

I’ve always been the choosy girl who turned most people down. Then I met Miss Scarlett, and made out with someone I’d just met a couple hours earlier.

Emily knew she was a somnambulist—someone who’s naturally good at being hypnotized. Scarlett had told her that even she was surprised at how well Emily responded to her hypnotic suggestions. Well, of course, Emily thought. It was so relaxing, peaceful and sexy falling under Scarlett’s spell. And when she was under Scarlett’s spell... she’d never known pleasure so intense. She’d never known she was capable of it. She’d fallen completely under Scarlett’s power at their very first meeting. She’d never felt such a strong connection to anyone.

What can I do for Scarlett, Emily wondered. What do I like people to do for me?

She had an idea.

* * *

Miss Scarlett dropped her keys on the table and dialed the phone. “Yes, good evening,” she said to the customer service agent. “I would like to send a bouquet of a dozen red roses to California. All booked for Valentine’s Day? Yes, I understand. How about Tuesday? Great. Yes, please. ‘Thank you for a wonderful weekend. Be my Valentine. X O X O, M. S.’ Thank you.” She read off her credit card number, thanked the agent again, and that was that.

The house seemed so empty.

She looked at her calendar. Dinner with friends on Monday. Therapy appointments in the Louisville office on Tuesday morning and afternoon. Dinner with different friends on Tuesday evening. Biking on Wednesday afternoon, weather permitting. Curl up with a book on Wednesday night. Dinner with the family on Saturday afternoon. Head out for the next tour on Sunday.

She wished she could invite Emily. To everything.

The doorbell rang first thing Monday morning. Miss Scarlett answered it, and a courier handed her a bouquet of a dozen roses. Six were red, six pink.

“Sign here, please,” the delivery man said.

“This is all wrong,” Miss Scarlett said. “They aren’t supposed to come to my address, and the colors aren’t right... oh.”

These weren’t the ones she’d ordered. Scarlett tore open the envelope.

“I am under your spell.—E.”

Scarlett signed for the flowers, put them in the nicest vase she owned, and placed them in the middle of the dining room table.

They smelled perfect.

Miss Scarlett gazed at them.

Something is missing in my life, she realized.

Someone.

What’s wrong with me, she asked herself. Why am I so restless? I have a life. I have so many friends. I have clients.

She realized those were the wrong questions. The right question was: what am I doing here when Emily is out there?

She picked up the phone and dialed her agent.

“Hello?”

“Anthony, it’s Miss Scarlett.”

“Scarlett!” came his warm voice. “What can I do for you?”

“I want a gig in California. Anything you can get. As many engagements as you can find there.”

“I’m happy to help,” Anthony told her. “I just read yesterday about something that might interest you. You need to know, though—rumor is that my unit’s going to get called to Iraq. If so, I’ll have to close down my business. I can get you a good referral, though.”

“I appreciate that,” the Southern belle said. “Stay safe, Anthony. What’s the gig?”

“The Carmel Epic Renaissance Faire. I’ll FAX you the details.”

“Sounds promising. Thanks!”

“You bet. Happy Valentine’s Day.”

“Happy Valentine’s Day to you. Goodbye!”

They both hung up. ‘Mischief, thou art afoot,’ Scarlett thought. ‘Take thou what course thou wilt.’

There was one more call she needed to make.

Tonight.

* * *

The phone rang. “Emily, it’s for you,” Anna called.

“Coming!” Emily picked up the receiver in her bedroom. “Hello?”

“Good evening, Emily.”

“Miss Scarlett! Give me a moment to put on my headset. There we go. Happy Valentine’s Day!”

“Happy Valentine’s Day,” the lady hypnotist said warmly. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too,” Emily turned off the lights and lay down on her bed.

“Thank you so much for the flowers,” Miss Scarlett continued. “And thank you for coming. It was so romantic seeing you.”

“All thanks to you,” the blonde woman said.

“Would you like to share a dream with me?” the Southern belle asked suggestively.

“Of course.” Emily closed her eyes.

“Listen to the sound of my voice, Emily darling.”

Emily let Miss Scarlett’s hypnotizing voice lull her off to sleep.

* * *

Emily whirled from partner to partner in the ballroom. She loved dancing, but the one person she really wanted to see hadn’t arrived yet. She kept glancing towards the double-doors, and finally saw a flash of red.

Miss Scarlett—wearing a dazzling red ball gown—swept onto the dance floor. Their eyes met, and the two women flew to each other’s arms. “May I have this dance?” the Southern belle asked.

Emily smiled. “Of course, Miss Scarlett!”

And the two danced the night away.

The End