The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

See-Saw

by J. Darksong

Ch. 1) I wanna Play a Game...

Amber groaned softly, shifting positions slightly, trying to get comfortable. She felt cold. Grumbling softly, she rolled to the side, reaching for her blanket... Or rather, she tried to roll over. Awareness washed over her, and she jerked awake suddenly, barely restraining a scream of panic. What the fuck... where am I? A quick glance around at her surroundings didn’t help. She was completely naked, aside from a small thin metal collar around her neck. She was lying on the carpet in a room she didn’t recognize. The walls were all metal plated, and the windows were blacked out, with bars bolted across them. Her legs were tied together with what appeared to be silk satin scarves, but her hands had been left free. It took only a moment to free herself, and regain her feet, but the questions of where she was, and how to escape still loomed before her.

A flickering light in the corner caught her attention, and she turned, spying what appeared to be an old style video cassette recorder, with wires attached running directly into the wall. Shrugging to herself, she pushed the play button, and a blackened section of the wall lit up, revealing a view screen behind Plexiglas. After a moment of static, the image of two young women, lying unconscious on the floor of what appeared to be a gymnasium bathroom appeared...

* * *

Brandi Summers groaned softly, shaking her head to clear it. She felt strange... dizzy and thick-headed, the way she used to feel back in her college days after too much partying. The svelte brunette opened her eyes, then groaned, closing them immediately, as the glaring lights made her head throb even more, and it didn’t help matters that she seemed to have somehow fallen asleep on bathroom floor. A similar groan to her left caught her attention, informing her that wherever the hell she was, she wasn’t there alone.

“Ohhh... damn... my head. What the hell happened last night? And... where am I?”

Brandi forced her eyes open again. She was on a hard tiled bathroom floor, but not the bathroom of her penthouse apartment. In fact, she had no idea of where she was at all. She attempted to stand up, only to gasp in pain as a metal collar fastened securely around her neck and chained to the floor held her in place. “Nancy?” she whimpered softly, glancing around the room in fear. " Sweetheart, is that you?”

“Brandi?” The bedraggled looking blonde shook her head slightly, peering around as well. “What’s going on? Where are we?” She tried to rise as well, only to fall back hard on her butt from the collar fastened securely around her own neck. “What the hell?” she shrieked, pulling at the band around her throat. “What is this? Brandi... if this is some kind of sick twisted joke—”

Suddenly the room lit up, causing both women to cry out and shield their eyes. A large panel of the far wall slid down, revealing a large hi-def viewscreen. A shadowy cloaked face with glowing red eyes appeared. “Greetings, ladies. By now you have both awakened to your surroundings, and your situation. You are both trapped in an unknown location, far from the reaches of anyone who could help you. The walls are soundproof, so screaming or shouting for help is useless. You are both completely at my mercy.”

Brandi shuddered slightly as the reality of their situation became clear, but as always, she hid behind her mask of aloof displeasure. “Alright. You managed to capture us and bring us here. So what’s your game? Ransom? Extortion? Or was all this to get some kind of sick kinky thrill?” Smoothing down her blouse and skirt, she glared back at the screen. “Whatever your damage is, buddy, you have no idea what kind of hornet’s nest you’re playing around with—”

“Oh, I know precisely whom I’m dealing with,” the shadowy cloaked man replied. “You are Brandi Yvette Summers, CEO and primary share owner of BioFlex Industries, a multi-billion dollar corporation specializing in manufacture and distribution of cutting edge medicines and medical supplies. At least on the surface. What is not so publicly known, even to your young lesbian lover, Nancy Evans, is that the majority of your wealth comes from the sale and use of special drugs developed by her company, drugs used to irrevocably alter a person’s mind and destroy their will. You have made your fortune by destroying the minds and lives of countless innocents, sometimes for profit, sometimes merely for your amusement. You have shown no empathy or concern for your fellow man, Miss Summers, but I will give you one last chance.”

“No! Please!” Nancy begged, struggling against her chain, trying to get free. “You can’t do this! This has to be a mistake! Brandi wouldn’t do something like that. Please! You’ve got the wrong person!”

“SILENCE!”

The cloak slipped away from the shadowy man, revealing a pale white painted face. “I wanna play a game,” the voice spoke through the room’s speakers. A small rectangular panel slid open just below the view screen, revealing a digital clock, counting down from seven minutes. “While you were unconscious, you were both injected with a particularly potent serum that your research department has developed, Serum X29B-71, or as Miss Summers likes to think of it, ‘Brain Acid’. The time shown on the clock is how long you both have before the effects of the serum take effect, and melt away your very sense of self. ”

Both women gaped in shock at the news. Less than seven minutes before their minds melted away into nothing, turning them both into blank mindless zombies. It was bad enough for Brandi, who has used that particular serum before on a few of her enemies, and knew precisely what to expect. For Nancy, however, it was even more of a shock—she’d had no idea about her lover’s extracurricular activities, none whatsoever, and yet now it seemed that she was about the pay the price for them. She merely sat there, stunned, eyes wide in shock, trying to convince herself that this wasn’t happening.

“Of course, this wouldn’t be much of a game without the element of choice,” the voice continued after a moment. The lights dimmed, and a single floor tile a few feet away from Brandi’s location lit up. “Underneath that loose tile you will find a single vial of the antidote to Serum X29B-71. If you take it within the next six minutes, your brain will retain its capacity to think, and you’ll survive with nothing worse than a severe headache. However, there is only enough of the antidote for one of you. If you try to split it between the two of you, neither of you will survive.”

Hands shaking, Brandi reached down, pushing aside the loose tile. A small glass vial was hidden snuggly inside the hole, filled with a thick looking blown liquid. The key to my salvation, she thought dimly, staring hard at the tiny jar.

“So, Brandi Summers... the ball is in your court. Will you take the antidote and save yourself, and condemn your lover to spend the rest of her life as a mindless zombie? Or will you sacrifice your mind, your very self, to save the woman you love. Make your choice now.” The screen went black, leaving the two women alone once more

Nancy and Brandi stared at each other, neither one wanting to say what was on their minds, but both knowing they were running out of time. Brandi stared at the vial in her hands again, then glanced over at her lover. She swallowed. “Nancy,” she began, hesitantly, but Nancy cut her off.

“Oh, just save it, Brandi,” Nancy fumed, angrily. “We both know how this is going to end. I can’t believe you did this to me... to us! All this time...” She shook her head, tears running down her cheeks. “Everything he said was true, wasn’t it? That you made your money by turning innocent men and women into mindless fucktoys?”

Brandi hung her head in shame. “Yes,” she said quietly. “It’s true. It’s all true. But, baby... I never ever meant for any of this to affect you. It was just... good business,” she said lamely, knowing herself how hollow her words sounded. “And I didn’t lie to you... not exactly... I just... if you’d known from the beginning how I got my money you never would have come home with me!”

Nancy laughed, a hollow bitter sound. “I can’t believe this! The last conversation we’re ever going to have, and you spend it trying to defend your actions? You fucked with people’s minds, Brandi! You ruined people’s lives, for money, and for fun!” She glanced up at the clock again, and cringed—only two minutes left. “Well? Why don’t you just drink the antidote and be done with it? Go ahead and save yourself. Holding the bottle up like that... dangling it front of me... it’s just cruel, Brandi.”

“God!” Brandi cried, tears streaming down her own face now. “I didn’t want this to happen. I swear I didn’t!” The bottle shook lightly in her hands as she struggled to hold onto it. The last time she’d been anything close to afraid was fifteen years ago, her freshman year of college, before she’d made her first major chemical discovery. The last time she hadn’t been in absolute control of the situation around her... before now.

Brandi stared into the piercing blue eyes of her lover, the woman that meant more to her than anything else in the world. Eyes that once shone with love and desire for her, eyes that now showed only despair and resignation. Eyes that would go dim and lifeless in little less than a minute. Could I really just let that happen? she asked herself. Can I just sit here and save myself and let Nancy, or everything that made Nancy ‘Nancy’, just fade away and die?

I’m scared. I don’t want to become a mindless zombie myself. And, if it was anyone but Nancy I’d say to hell with them and wouldn’t even hesitate. God... I can’t do this! I can’t let her go out this way. There has to be another way out of this... but shit, we’re out of time. What do I do? Save my lover, or save myself?

As the clock reached the final ten seconds, Brandi panicked. Pulling the stopper from the vial, she quickly turned it up, swallowing the contents, and sighing softly as it slid down her throat. “I’m sorry,” Brandi said softly, seeing the horror on her lover’s face. “I swear I’ll make it up to you somehow. I’ll... I’ll take care of you. You’ll never be...be... mistreated... I prom...promise...” Blinking, Brandi frowned, shaking her head as a wave of dizziness swept over her. “Wh... what’s going on? I took.. I took... antidote... in time... I know.. I did...”

“Indeed, you did, Brandi,” the man’s voice spoke as the viewscreen came back to life. “You drank the contents of the vial, and thus sealed your fate. This was a test... a test of loyalty, of empathy, and of human decency. The liquid you drank was not the antidote to your evil concoction, but the mind acid itself! Had you acted in a selfless manner and tried to save your lover, or thrown the vial away, choosing to share your fates, you both would have survived.”

“I... found this note,” Nancy said, tears running down her face. “It was in my pocket when I woke up. It... it told me that I wasn’t poisoned, that I didn’t need the antidote, that neither of us did! I... I thought you would choose me, Brandi... that when it came down to the very end, your love for me would help you make the right decision!” She sank down to her knees, shaking her head in disbelief. “Oh Brandi...”

Brandi’s feelings of despair were short-lived. Unlike the diluted mixture she usually administered to her victims, the serum she had ingested was the pure, concentrated form. Barely a minute had passed since she’d sealed her doom before the light faded from her eyes. A vacant empty grin settled onto her lips, and a soft sigh slipped from between them. She’d been worried about something incredibly important a moment ago... but now, suddenly, whatever it was didn’t seem to matter. In fact, nothing else mattered to her at all...

* * *

Amber stood there for a long moment, rooted to her spot, even after the tape finished playing. It was difficult to believe what she’d just seen could possibly be real, that it wasn’t part of some elaborate scheme, or a low budget movie production of some kind. She could almost convince herself of that... except for the fact that she actually knew the two women from the tape! Miss Brandi Summers was the boss at her job at BioFlex Industries, and Nancy was an old friend back from her sorority days.

Was that why I was brought here? she thought to herself, glancing around warily. Is some creepy guy watching me right now? Testing me in some way? Is that what this is all about, using me as some kind of human lab rat, watching me run through some kind of crazy psychotic maze?

As if her thoughts had summoned him, the viewscreen changed, and the white faced, red eyed specter appeared. “Greetings, Amber Mathison. You are no doubt contemplating your presence here within my little dungeon. Your recent activities have attracted my attention, and so I felt it necessary to intervene. You have not yet become one of the fallen—one of those such as the woman you watched seal her own fate, ones that must be tested to see if they can be salvaged, and should continue to exist in this world, or sent spinning into the abyss. No, you are not yet one of them, yet I see that you are close to the edge... close to losing that special spark inside you that makes you human, that bit of conscience that lets you determine right from wrong.”

Suddenly afraid, Amber covered herself as best as she could with her hands. “What the fuck? What gives you the right to judge me?” she yelled angrily. “What gives you the right to judge anyone? Who elected you judge, jury. and executioner, huh?”

Rather than answer anger with anger, the man merely chuckled. “You have spirit. That is good. Righteous indignation is the sign of a strong will. And you will need it for the trials ahead of you. But... to answer your questions? I decided myself to do this. Me. Have you been walking around in this world for all these years with blinders on, Miss Mathison? This world is a cesspool of evil, of man killing man, robbing each other not only of their lives, but of their liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The woman on the tape you just watched was personally responsible for more than twelve-thousand innocent people making their minds and identities erased, using them as nothing more than chattel to line her pockets! Worse still, she sold her chemical concoctions to others, who perpetuated that evil, ruining more lives. You criticize me for playing judge, jury and executioner? Very well then. I’ll accept that.”

His eyes narrowed slightly, seeming to stare straight through to Amber’s very soul. “All that is required for evil to exist, is for good people to do nothing. Yes, I judge others. Yes, I act as a jury to sentence them. But executioner? No, no, my dear. That I leave the victims themselves! Now then... enough talk. I want to play a game.” A light flashed, and a door on the opposite end of the room swung open. “It is time for you to enter the gauntlet, to test your own mettle, and see how well you stack up. A gentleman’s wager... if you pass the test, you are free to go. If not...” he merely shrugged. “Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If one is to learn an important life-changing lesson, it should be only appropriate that you risk your life in doing so.”

Amber let out a shaky breath. She was naked, held deep within the lair of some deranged psycho, and about to step into the virtual unknown, where her life and her sanity were at stake. Taking a moment to compose herself, she sighed, and walked forward, into the next room. “Oh well. Nothing to fear but fear itself...”

As the door closed behind her, the view screen flickered, and flickered again, the pale faced man pictured there shaking his head slightly. “Not quite, my dear,” he muttered softly, just before the room went black. “In this case, there is nothing to fear, but fear yourself.”