The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Silver Lining

Disclaimer? None. Enjoy, at your own risk.

The Silver Lining

Section 1, Chapter 1 : Introduction

Alan was your typical high school nerd. He enjoyed time alone with his best friends (all two of them), playing video games, reading comic books, and working on his computer. His father was a traveling businessman, at some place downtown (Alan didn’t like his father much, and rarely pried into his work life); his mother worked late nights as a secretary for some big shot firm, under one of the more respectable ambulance chasing lawyers.

Alan was tall, almost six feet. He was all lean and gangly, barely any muscle, and had chin length hair. His skin was pale, but he thanked his parents’ good genes daily that he had no pimples. He was somewhat clumsy, but a rather easy going nature that made him the unthreatening kind of weird. He was the nice guy, the introvert, the nerd.

He lived in a small suburb, within walking distance of a cheap dollar theatre and a low quality mall, and within biking distance of a rather nice library. He worked afternoons at the Burger Slave Hut, just enough to cover his non-school needs. His parents didn’t make a lot of money, and his father insisted “the boy” pay his own way.

Not that Alan was hurt by his parents’ method of raising him (or lack thereof). He enjoyed the independence. He had a decent account growing—he was as frugal as his old man—and looked forward to buying a car. He turned 16 this summer, and his friends, both a year his junior, looked forward to the ride as well.

Today, though, no car. He was riding his bike to school, a quaint brick structure across the street from Wal-Mart. He took a shortcut through the park, and when he swerved hard left to avoid a squirrel, his life was forever changed.

Section 1, Chapter 2 : Discovery

Alan laid in dirt for a minute, letting his heart slide back down his throat to thud painfully against his ribcage. The same ribcage he hoped was not broken.

“Damn you, Rocky,” he grunted, sitting up and dusting his shirt off. He picked up his bike, leaning it against a tree, then proceeding to pick up his scattered books and put them back in his bookbag. He glared at the broken zipper—he’d have to buy the replacement, if he knew his dad—and then noticed a flicker of light.

“Find a quarter,” he grinned, reaching for the coin...

Only it was no coin. It was a ring. A plain, silver ring. He wiped the dirt off of it, and inspected it.

“Nice,” he whispered, then pocketed the ring and slung his bookbag over his shoulders. He was almost late for school. Maybe a reward was out for the ring, or maybe he’d pawn it... he wasn’t sure. But whatever the decision, it would be made after school. He turned towards the school, and began to pump his legs. A few seconds of peddling forced him to growl in frustration. The tree root he’d rammed into when he’d avoided the squirrel had ruined his front wheel. He pushed his handicapped bike to school, and half-heartedly chained it to the bike rack before heading into the building.

He walked into the cafeteria, glancing up at the clock—five minutes until class started, he had no time to eat. He sat down next to Jon and Derek, and told them about the bike wreck and the squirrel. Having not made up his mind about the ring—return for reward or pawn for profit—he decided to not mention it. For some reason, that made him feel good, even though he normally didn’t like keeping secrets from the only two people he really trusted.

The bell rang, he waved goodbye to his friends, then headed to Homeroom. Mrs. Crampton, the seventy year old widow of the school’s previous principal, sat outside the door and waited for each of her students to enter the room, then shut the door and began the national anthem. She waved for the students to sit, then began the lesson.

Alan fiddled with the ring in his pocket while she spoke, his attention on the ticking of the clock on the wall, counting the minutes until he could claim his reward. Mrs. Crampton seemed unusually distracted, and continually faltered as she laid out the lesson for the day. No one really noticed, except herself. She wondered why she was so anxious and excited about the battle of Hastings.

She dismissed them after an hour of barely coherent lecture, and Alan headed to Chemistry class. His left hand never left the ring, his right hand on his bookbag strap. Mr. West, the science teacher standing outside the classroom, was a grown up nerd. He was a short man, about 5′2″, and somewhat pudgy. He wore thick glasses and a perpetual smile. He and Alan got along well, and even shared an interest in old horror movies. He waved a hand at Alan, his other hand holding a rolled up tube of paper.

“Good morning, Alan, how was your weekend?” he asked jovially. If he grew a beard, mused Alan, he could be Santa Claus. Suddenly Mr. West faltered, lowering his waving hand to his stomach, his wide grin dimming down a bit, as if he had a disturbing thought.

“My weekend was fine, but this morning ... I almost hit a squirrel. I ruined my bike,” Alan added, tilting his head in concern. “How about you? You look like you had a bad weekend...”

Alan hoped not; he didn’t want anything to bother probably the only teacher he really liked. Mr. West’s grin returned again, the sad thought apparently gone.

“My weekend was excellent. As a matter of fact,” he chuckled, handing the rolled up paper to Alan, “I got an autographed movie poster for —”

“Oh man! I love this movie! The director’s finest work...” Alan gaped at the poster. If only he could have something this cool...”

Mr. West turned his head slightly, then grinned even wider and patted Alan’s arm.

“You should keep it then. Well, time for class,” he added, going into class. Alan smiled. The morning sure was looking up. He was so excited over the poster that he didn’t even notice the warmth of the silver ring in his hand.

Section 1, Chapter 3 : Experimentation

“... and that’s why you can’t breed a Chihuahua with a Saint Bernard, even if you give him a stepladder.” Mr. West chortled, scribbling down the last of the chromosome notes. Most of the class laughed—Mr. West had a strange sense of humor that made class fun. Only a few of the popular kids pretended to be above laughing. “Okay, now, class... time for lab.”

Everyone got up from their seats, and headed back to the stations. Mr. West let everyone pick their own partner, and usually Alan got stuck with Gordon; Gordon was a bore and a science nerd. He was a senior, so by default superior to Alan anyway; he had been accepted to a prestigious East Coast college on a science achievement scholarship, and never let anyone forget it. Alan sighed in defeat, and wished that Jake (Mr. Bigshot Runningback) would get stuck with the chubby loser, leaving Alan with Jake’s cute girlfriend, Brooke.

He felt the rush of warmth then, surrounding the ring. He realized he’d been fondling it all morning, and pulled it out to look at it. He vaguely was aware of Mr. West pushing Jake towards Gordon—“he’ll be a good influence, maybe you’ll learn something”—and Brooke heading his way, her eyes widening at the silver ring in his hand.

“What’s that... partner?” she asked hesitantly. She wasn’t happy with being separated from Jake, but neither was she unhappy with being paired with Alan. And the ring was... beautiful...

“Nothing,” he responded, a little too quickly, both over his desire to keep the ring secret (he grinned as he thought “my precious”) and with the sudden rush of nervousness filling his stomach over the beautiful girl’s proximity (thank God she wasn’t a cheerleader).

“What’s nothing?” she asked, tilting her head in confusion. “We should start out lab...”

She eyed Alan for a moment as she began moving around beakers and lab report sheets, then shook her head.

Then everything stopped.

Alan pulled his hand out of his pocket, and saw... the ring was now on his finger.

-whaaat theee heeell...— he thought, his words a soft echo, like a dream sequence from television.

<Still haven’t figured it out? You social outcasts are usually so quick on the uptake.> came a chuckling, deep male voice from nowhere in particular. The ring glew softly with every syllable.

-theee riiing...— he thought, looking down at it, lifting his hand up.

<Ahh, good. You’re catching up. The crone’s confusion, the fat man’s generosity, and the stroke of luck that put you with her...> Brooke’s frozen form was surrounded by a glowing aura that matched the pulsing of the ring as it spoke to Alan. <All from me.>

-whyyy?— Alan thought, swallowing hard.

<Magic. You don’t know it, but that father you don’t seem to like is responsible for half of your genes. The half descended from ancient wizards. The blood is thin now, but it used to be strong. And it’s fading even more with each passing generation.> the ring spoke sadly, then with a sigh got cheerful. <But I found you. I am a Sorceror’s Ring. I give him focus to do his magic. Not that you can do much now, you are too undisciplined. But I’ve given you enough focus to affect people’s moods and thoughts.>

—...— Alan sat silent for a moment, then stared at Brooke.

<Ah, I can feel it in your brain, that thought... the desire in your heart... the aching in your loins. So now I must give you the warning I give all my wearers. Be careful. Your influence is not as strong, or lasting, or complete as their behavior would lead you to believe. And from the moment they leave your thoughts, or I leave your hand, it dims rapidly.>

- ooooh... I seeee...— Alan replied sadly.

<No, you don’t. But you will. And the time will come when you can take what you want and fear no repurcussion. As I said, magic is fading and few magicians remain who can use magic. Who know it still remains. Who would fight you for control of a relic such as I.> the ring said.

- oootheeerwiiiseee whyyy wooouuuld yooouuu haaaveee choooseeen aaa hiiigh schooool stuuudeeent...? -

<Exactly.> chuckled the ring. <And you can cut out the echo. It’s just your mind’s idea of communication in a frozen state of timespace.>

- Oh. Sorry... guess I have much to learn. - Alan said.

<That’s why I’m here. Being servant to a high school student is preferable to decay. Without your mageblood feeding me, my enchantment fades away.> the ring said. <I would like to educate you, cultivate your magical power.>

- Can you control me, the way you control them, then? - Alan responded, fear finally rising to his thoughts.

<No. I do not control them. I am merely a tool... like a lens... to focus your energies. I just keep a little for myself. As you grow stronger, I get more energy. We are... symbiotes...>

Brooke slowly began to move beakers again.

<You are not strong enough to sustain suspended timeflow... we’d better not tax you too much. Tonight we will have...>

As time returned to normal, the ring’s voice faded to a whisper. Alan’s eyes widened, and he touched the ring.

“Are you going to do anything? I’m not exactly skilled at this kind of thing,” Brooke snapped, looking at him in annoyance. Really, a pretty girl like her, having to work! She gazed longingly over her shoulder at Jake, who winked at her before returning a glare at Gordon, who was chastising him for his lack of work.

-Ignore Jake. I am your partner. I am most important.—

Immediately Brooke whipped around, eyes wide as she stared at Alan. He immediately got a major erection, and nearly groaned aloud. There was so much... but so little... he needed to try this out. He didn’t have lunch until fourth period...

“When do you have lunch?” he asked her. Her lips curled in a grin. She hadn’t heard him. He snapped his fingers. “Snap out of it. When do you have lunch?”

Brooke blinked rapidly.

“Uh... fourth, why?” she asked, annoyance creeping into her eyes, pushing out the admiring stare she’d been laying on him.

“Fourth? Perfect. I have lunch fourth, we could, uh... meet up and talk about the assignment,” he added lamely, desperate. He wanted a valid reason in addition to his mental pushing. Maybe it would help strengthen the magic’s hold. The ring wasn’t as warm as before; maybe he had used up too much power stopping time.

Brooke smiled, then hesitated a moment, turning to look at Jake. “Well... uh... I guess so...”

“It would benefit Jake too,” he added, narrowing his eyes like he would imagine a wizard trying to focus his magic would do. “You can tell him what I tell you.”

“Maybe I could just bring him with me?” she asked, turning to face him. She didn’t exactly like the idea of being seen alone with Alan at lunch.

“No... it’s... better... his experiment with Gordon is different from ours. I’d need to make two separate explanations,” he explained. It sounded so lame, and the ring was barely changing.

“Well... " she murmured weakly. Indecision raged in her.

Alan sighed, and started to work on the experiment. “Nevermind...” he added dully. He wondered vaguely how long before the ring would recharge—or was it he who needed recharging?

He hoped he hadn’t wasted 15 years of pent up magic on five minutes of stopping time.

Section 1, Chapter 4 : Struggle

Alan sat down at lunch, and sighed as he picked at his food. Grilled cheese sandwich and bean soup. Dry bread, hard beans... he gulped his milk and turned to head to the library, when a hand touched his arm.

“You ditching me?” asked Brooke, surprised. She’d finally decided her grades could use a boost, and the nerd was gonna bail! She was almost angry.

“No, library book, study, huh?” he stammered nervously, gesturing towards the library then turning to face her. The end result was that he was gesturing at the salad bar. Brooke giggled.

“No library books over there. Maybe you need more help than me,” she grinned, and headed towards the library.

<Go.> said the ring weakly. Alan stared, stunned, then finally shut his gaping mouth and followed her.

-So you’re back?— he asked.

<Not back. Never gone. You just stopped trying to use me. I had to expend some of the energy I gleaned from you to get her to talk to you. Let’s just get this over with.> sighed the ring.

-So you’ve had a lot of high school masters?— Alan asked, wondering how many young girls were lured into the arms of a mageblood carrying geek.

<Almost nothing but, since the Salem situation. My master was burned at the stake.> it responded.

-So they actually did get witches?— Alan inquired, then bumped into Brooke.

He decided to focus on using the ring for now. Talking and learning could wait.

-That was nice. Alan has a nice body.— he thought hastily, the ring warm against his finger. He looked around the room, missing the appraising once over Brooke gave him before she turned towards the card catalog.

“No librarian? Nice,” he responded. “Follow me, Brooke.”

She shut the drawer, and shrugged, following him. Closely.

Alan sat down in one of the chairs by the encyclopedias, the reference section effectively shutting out the rest of the library. He stared at Brooke for a moment, thinking of what he’d do first...

“Well? Chemistry?” she asked, lowering herself into the chair opposite him. “This better be good, Jake was pissed when I ditched him.”

-Just relax, everything will be fine.— Jake thought, then grinned. “Oh, it will be...”

Her eyelids lowered slightly, and her breathing slowed. Her body slacked into the chair. Five feet away, Alan’s body was tense, and one part in particular was raging. He thought of Mr. West’s joke, the one Brooke had pretended wasn’t very funny, and decided to begin this party with a joke.

“Well, at least you know I won’t need a stepladder ...” he began, and her eyelids drooped down further. She wasn’t just relaxed, she was almost asleep! He stared at her hard for a moment.

She was about 5′6″, with light tan skin—with her dark shoulder length curls and chocolate brown eyes, it made her look exotic, almost Indian. She was very fit, and her years of track were obvious on the tone that showed through her snug t-shirt. He could make out the lines of her bra that held those well-grown but not overly large breasts. Grapefruit came to mind. Her waist tapered nicely, and those long, powerful legs hung enticingly from her skirt. She was limp, and breathing deeply, her eyes now entirely closed.

<Take a picture and make your move. This solitude isn’t going to last forever. Not until you get the hang of stopping time, anyway.> joked the ring. Alan nodded, and stood up, fiddling with his pants.

‘Oh God this is really happening!’ he thought excitedly, his erection leaping from his pants, which dropped to his ankles. He couldn’t believe he was doing this, but the opportunity was perfect. His hand curved around her cheek, lifting her head from her shoulder; he slowly opened her mouth, and arched his back, thrusting his pulsing erection against her lips.

“Ewww! What the hell?!?” Brooke snapped back to life, jumping up and staring wide eyed at Alan. “What are you doing?” she squealed, wiping the back of her hand over her lips, staring in disbelief at the precum she gathered.

-Sit down, keep your voice down, you liked it.— Alan was flinging several thoughts at once, struggling with his pants. Oh god what if this didn’t work!

She sat down, uncertainty on her face as her tongue slid out to lick her lips. Her eyes looked nervously at him, then she slowly licked the back of her hand. He grinned, and then she grinned.

“What are you doing... taking so long in getting that baby over here?” she purred, leaning forward and reaching for his pants herself. Her eyes and face were uncertain, but her voice was resolute. A part of her wanted this, and a part of her was still fighting it... but she didn’t have mageblood. As long as Alan didn’t try anything way out of line, he could keep this going.

He had to maintain enough focus to keep her enjoying this, he knew... but he was sure he’d lose it when she kissed the juicy swollen tip of his member. He shuddered and lowered to the floor. She leaned further out of the chair, applying kisses to his shaft as her breasts brushed softly against his thighs.

He grunted and poured his seed into her hair, and against her cheek as she lifted her hair in surprise. She managed to catch his final spurt or two in her mouth, swallowing and lowering her mouth to suck him inside. Her left hand curled around his base, massaging and hoping for some more, as her right began to tug strands of his juices out of her hair.

“Oh God what am I doing?” she grunted, even as her tongue snaked out to lick his cum from her fingers.

“Eating my children,” he teased. Her eyes were fearful, her face worried, even as her lips hungrily gobbled the white gold from her skin. Disgust covered her face as she yanked her hands from him.

“What... ugh... how did... you... ?” she stammered, standing up and stumbling backwards away from him.

-Come sit down.—

She slowed down, but stood still by the books.

-Sit. Down. All will be explained. Alan’s nice. This is my fault.—

She blushed, and refused to look him in the eye as she slowly lowered to her seat.

-You usually work with Jake, so you have always been attracted to your lab partner. You had a new lab partner today, but the attraction was there out of habit. Plus you think Alan is cute. It’s like Pavlov’s dogs.—

Confusion crossed her face, as she sit there wiping the stickiness from her fingers onto the chair.

-Like... just out of habit.—

Alan stared at her, pulling up his pants as the confusion melted away. Confusion gave way to fear. Tears began to fill her eyes.

“You aren’t going to go bragging about this to—" Brooke began. Now that she had accepted it was her fault... she was imagining the repurcussions. The rumors. The reputation.

-Alan’s nice. He wouldn’t do that.—

“No. This is between us,” Alan said. Maybe vocalization would improve the effect of his magic. He hoped.

She nodded, sniffled, and stood up.

“I better go to the bathroom... I don’t want to kiss Jake and give him... your children...” a nervous grin and a hasty, embarassed retreat, and she was gone. Alan sat in the chair, and sighed, closing his eyes.

<Okay. This weekend, you’re mine.>

“Please tell me I can eventually do this without you? You may be a magic item and not a person, but it’s still weird for you to be watching me... do this...” he said, standing up and heading back to the cafeteria.

<I don’t make judgements. I’m just in it for the magic.>

-Are there others like you?— he thought, not wanting to be seen talking to himself.

<Not many. But yes. More rings. Wands. Books. Standard magic stuff.>

“Welcome to Hogwarts...” he chuckled, and grabbed a milk.

The ring groaned. This made Alan laugh out loud.

-At least you have character.— he said, then sat at an empty table, scanning the cafeteria for future ladies. Although never really abused by his classmates, he’d long enough put up with their pity and disgust. He’d get his revenge.

Then on to using his magic for the betterment of all mankind.

Section I, Epilogue

Ghalitar stormed around his room, opening drawers and scattering clothes and books on the floor.

“Where is he?” growled the white-robed man, turning to glare accusingly at a ratty brown pointed cap.

~I don’t know, my lord. I was with you in the lab when the alarm rang.~

“Well, we have to find him. He’s too powerful to be free in the world... or worse, in the hands of some unsuspecting ...” Ghalitar shuddered. “... human...”