The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

61 Days in River City

cb mf

CHAPTER 1

She saw him and no one else was there. Sheer luck, but she’d take it. Rushing up to him she thrust a microphone into his face.

“Mr. Arksong, what do you think of your client’s chances?”

“Wait.”

She looked behind her and saw her cameraman was having trouble with his equipment.

Turning back to her victim she said, “Sorry about this. Can you wait a few moments?”

Up close he was even more impressive than his pictures and appearances suggested. Tall and athletic and in his fifties, he had obviously kept himself in shape. She knew his reputation and started to think she wanted to test that. After all, it was about time to dump her boyfriend anyway.

“Sure,” he replied. “But only until Mrs. Hanson arrives. And, please, call me John.”

“Yvonne,” she automatically replied with a smile.

Yvonne mentally urged her cameraman to get his camera working while she thought of what to say to keep him here. After all, the pack was just around the corner.

“Thank you, John. But I’ll keep it formal when we record. Now, what does the ‘D’ stand for?”

“Damu.”

“Right, we’re recording.”

Her bearing and tone changed as professionalism returned. Her smile disappeared as if it was never there.

“Mr. Arksong. What do you think of your client’s chances?”

“Well, they look very good at the moment. But Armageddon Amalgamated are not to be taken lightly. Their council is strong and highly competent.”

“We all understand that, Mr. Arksong. But you’ve backed them into a corner right now. I can’t see any way they can get out. How do you do it against such opposition?”

“Well, Mrs. Hanson isn’t new to this, you know. She has a formidable record of her own and her firm is backing her all the way. That plus the evidence she has provided gives us a major advantage. But, this is a court of law and nothing is determined until the verdict.”

“And do you know when that will be?”

He smiled. “Of course not. However, based on my experience, it looks like another few weeks, at least. There’s a lot of evidence to go through.”

“I understand the evidence is dependant on Mrs. Hanson though. Isn’t it true your evidence will be invalid if your client doesn’t show up or changes her mind?”

“That’s not correct. Her personal testimony will back up the existing evidence and, as such, will be important, but, we can proceed without it. However, there is no need for that as Mrs. Hanson will do whatever it takes to get a conviction here. After all, thirteen innocent women have been mind controlled and that is simply unacceptable. Her evidence is, as I said, extremely important which is why we’re taking extreme protective measures for her. Your being searched just to get in here, for instance.”

“Yes, but isn’t that some sort of play on your part? After all, it makes it look as if someone is out to assassinate her or do her damage in some way. Do you have any evidence of that?”

He never answered, as the rest of the reporters discovered them and charged in to wreck her interview. But it was enough. She transmitted the recording direct to her organisation, thanking her stars for instant communication. This would make the broadcast—just. Another feather in her cap.

She sent the cameraman back to the office and hung around herself in the hope of obtaining another, more private, interview with this large and interesting man. There was gossip about him she hoped to verify.

The interviews were abruptly terminated when Mrs. Hanson emerged. Mr. Arksong immediately dropped everything and went to her side. He escorted her outside to her waiting limo. It was literally a few seconds before she was inside and out of sight of the public.

“Confirmation?” asked Vicky.

“Confirmed,” answered Sonia with a Mona Lisa smile on her face. She had finally found the one she was going to kill.

They both turned and made their way through the throng and the barriers. They weren’t searched this time as they moved away from the controlled area.

* * *

Assassination is the Name of the Game

“Thank you Vicky,” said Sonia formally once they were safely back. “You’ve fulfilled your end of our agreement. I suggest you leave soon to avoid getting mixed up with it.”

Vicky was ready for this. “No way. It’s taken me months and I’ve just got you heading towards normalcy. I’m not giving up now.”

“Why?”

“I like you.”

“You know I’m asexual.”

“Yes, of course. Liking people doesn’t automatically mean sex. Don’t you know that?”

Vicky looked at Sonia who was fixated on the still of Mrs. Hanson, aka Alicia Travistock.

“Do you remember when we met at that castle?”

“Yes.”

“Well, you surprised me by making me an offer.”

“Yes, that’s why we’re here now. You’re honest.”

“Well, it looks like the circle has come full circle.”

Sonia had nothing to say. She turned her head and puzzle-stared.

Vicky continued, “I have an offer for you this time.”

It took a while before Sonia answered.

“What is it?”

“My group wants to study your abilities, or your non-abilities, whichever. But in a civilised manner, not like The Franchise. They’ve authorised me to help you finish off your quest if you’ll agree. I told them no.”

“Why?”

“I have morals. I haven’t come all this way and done all this work just for you to swan off out of my life. As I said, you’re my friend and friends don’t do that. I’m going to help you without any considerations of any kind.”

“Won’t your group object?”

“They can’t. I’ve not accepted any money from them for the past couple of years. I’m on a leave of absence, so they don’t have any authority over me right now. I do what I want and I want to help you.”

Being with Vicky for this long had changed Sonia. She was noticeably heading back towards normalcy, but this was too much for her. She just stared at Vicky with her mouth slightly open and a puzzled expression on her face.

Vicky knew what this meant now and explained further.

“Sonia, I’m your friend and I’m in a position to help you. You haven’t seen the file on her yet so you don’t know, but I promise you, you’ll need help if you still want to kill her. In fact, I don’t think you’ll be able to on your own.”

Sonia’s nostrils flared at that.

“Why not?”

“Because it’ll be too difficult. She has protection, good protection. Actually multiple layers of good protection. And they know you and your methods intimately. You won’t be able to get anywhere near her. I can though.”

“I know where she is now. I’ll wait. Sooner or later I’ll get my chance.”

Vicky shook her head.

“I don’t think so. You know how long it took us to find her. That’ll be easy compared to finding her again after this. She’s taken on a doppelganger identity. You know what that means, you told me. She’s taken on this role to coordinate this, well, merger is a polite word, legally. Both parties desperately don’t want publicity, so they’re fighting it off this way. She’ll just disappear again once all this is over and return to her Franchise work and the real Mrs. Hanson will quietly return to work and take all the public credit.”

Sonia pursed her lips. She should have thought of this. She was getting too emotional. Perhaps the reversion from her forced sociopathy was a mistake? But she couldn’t undo it now.

“I need to kill her myself, with my own two hands.”

“Why? Why not with a rifle at a half mile range? That would be safer and you can do that as well as me, but they know all about snipers and they’re ready for them. And there’s a specific reason they’re ready for them which you won’t like.”

“What?”

“Her protection isn’t because of you. It’s because Armageddon Amalgamated have already hired a sniper, and not just any sniper. Does SureShot mean anything to you?”

“Yes.” Sonia didn’t elaborate.

“So you know his rep. and the cost. Are you certain you want to go up against him?”

It took a while before Sonia answered.

“Yes. Even if I have to kill him so I can kill Alicia. How do you know they’ve contracted ShureShot? We haven’t been here long enough to infiltrate anything.”

“As I told you, my group are interested in the Franchise because they attacked us in Paris, so they’re helping us for free. They’ve gotten a message about it to Betsy as well. That’s where these reports are coming from. My lot’ve helped me access Armageddon Amalgamated’s email system and from there I’ve intercepted their bank accounts. They transferred a million dollars a few days ago to somewhere we can’t identify. They also specified a date as well, the twenty third of June. I assume that’s when the hit is to take place. Can you think of any other reason for them to do this?”

“Ordinary business?”

“Not from this account. And why was that date mentioned on its own?”

There was a pause before Vicky went on.

“This all depends on your reason for killing Alicia. Is it still there? Is it as powerful as before? What about just watching SureShot kill her? And remember, my group is working in China right now with Betsy’s group. We may get help but we can’t count on it.”

This was too much for Sonia.

“OK. I may be open to compromise but not that far. Let’s look at what we have first before we go further down that route.”

She thought for a while.

“And, the Franchise must know I did it.”

* * *

“We’ve word back.” Sonia looked up. “They’re sending you a supply of Betsy’s nutrition bars.”

“Good. Keep an eye on them for me. I mustn’t eat too many of them.” She shuddered at the memory.

“Now Betsy can’t guarantee to get back in time. My group’ve also accepted your commission and will do the job to your specifications. As it’s The Franchise, there’s no charge and there’s no condition for you to join us. We’ll be contacted as and when it’s necessary.

“Meanwhile, we’re to ensure SureShot doesn’t get to shoot. They agree with your analysis. If he’s in the game he can only realistically shoot from Center Building. Even with his rep he can’t shoot from East and West. All the others are covered by her security and they don’t believe he can operate from a mile out. You know them. Do you think they know he’s the assassin?”

“They know. Take my word for that. They’re probably playing a game to make him show himself. She’ll be protected, even if it looks as if she’s not.”

“How? You were in charge of such operations once. How would you do it?”

Sonia had obviously thought about this.

“Misdirection. The obvious attack, in fact the only possible attempt from those buildings will be through the windows in her apartment. If SureShot is to shoot from a mile or so range, the bullet will have to pass through the glass in her window. So I looked for signs that had been changed, and it has. It looks like her windows were changed as part of the whole security modifications. I know what to look for and her windows are now triple glazed and, no doubt, each pane is toughened. It’s difficult to tell, but it looks like the refractive index of each pane has also been modified.

“I’m certain SureShot will miss even if his bullet passes through the panes undeviated, which it won’t. He’ll be aiming at the wrong place. He’ll need at least one shot each to shatter each pane and one shot to kill her. That means four shots in rapid succession.

“If he can do that she’s in trouble but he probably needs time to line up each shot, or at least the final shot. But I’m not banking on that and neither will they. They’ll have that covered as well.

“I would have her in another room entirely and project the room’s image to that room holographically. It can be done and that way it doesn’t matter if their precautions are flawed.”

“He’s blind. He relies on other methods of targeting.”

“Doesn’t matter. It’s an assumption he relies on other methods of targeting. They’ll do that as a matter of course. Plus…” Sonia thought for a while, “they’re in chaos right now and they’ve never come across him before. It’s possible they don’t know this.”

“Can you verify they’re using holography?”

“Probably. I’ll need the plans for the building and a few hours study.”

Sonia stretched and went to the kitchen. Vicky followed.

“Good,” she said. “I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry.”

Vicky laughed.

Over coffee after their lunch, Sonia said, “He’ll have to shoot from Center Building, so we’ll have to get an apartment there. He could make a base in one of the other two though, so we’ll set up cameras there as well.”

“Center Building, East Building and West Building, these people have great imaginations. I don’t know how they think them up. We’re also going to need disguises as well. The last thing we want is for him to spot us. Or them. Or the authorities. Or the supers. Fancy being a cougar?”

“No, that’s too obvious. We’ll need to be older.”

Vicky pulled a face but didn’t disagree. “Lesbians?” she asked.

Sonia thought. “No. Sisters probably. We don’t want attention and lesbians, even now, are likely to get more attention than sisters. We’ll want to appear physically active though. We may need to move fast at some time and jumping out of a wheelchair and sprinting will draw attention and cameras if they’re fast enough. And we need to be there at any time without drawing attention. We can’t be rich living there so we’re retired.”

“So, elderly sisters moving in together for companionship and for economy probably. They’re active and fit enough for their age.”

Sonia added, “And this is River City. They’ll have to have cosmetic enhancement features and the scars to prove it. Scars where only the knowledgeable will know what they mean, which is every woman in the city.”

“Bigger boobs and arses that don’t droop along with appropriate discrete scars then.” Vicky shuddered. “What’s wrong with the men in this place? And the women for that matter?”

Sonia thought. “I hadn’t thought of it that way. It happens everywhere in one form or another but especially here. You’re right. Even those super heroes succumb. Is there some magic field we don’t know about?”

“If there is, you’re probably immune. I wouldn’t be though, but I’d expect to detect it. I think it’s probably the place and the fashion. Whoever thought this place up was a male pervert, that’s definite.” She had used her phone while talking and showed the result to Sonia. “This looks like a lot of plastic surgeons to me. Wha’d’you think?”

Sonia puzzled over the question.

“I don’t know. I don’t have the stats for proper cities.”

They Netflicked the afternoon away. Well, Vicky did. Sonia made the appropriate movements and gestures but her mind was far away. Eventually she spoke up.

“Would a mind controller be useful do you think?”

“Possibly.” Vicky’s attention was still on the film. “Do you know one we can use?”

“Possibly.”

This caught Vicky’s attention and the film was forgotten right at the good bit where the superhero was about to do the impossible and save the world, again, complete with a five minute emotion filled talk with his loved one while the countdown only had ten seconds left.

“Tell me,” she said.