The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Sleepers

by J. Darksong

Part thirteen: Meredith (cont.)

Herman Wallace Schweitzer growled to himself as he returned to his office, the hydraulic system silently closing and sealing the door behind him. His frustration had reached the boiling point, and with the new ultramodern surroundings, he was even denied the satisfaction of slamming the door behind him. Goddamn self-important little pissant... lecturing me about responsibility... ME! Reaching his desk, he slammed his fists down against the heavy oak counter, wincing at the sting. Threatening me... how dare he? I was a part of this project at it’s very inception! I’m one of the original programmers that studied under Igor Smirnov himself! Walking across the room, he disabled the calm, Japanese Zen garden setting he’d set for his view, feeling far too angry to be soothed by the calm restful atmosphere he normally enjoyed.

I suppose it was bound to come to this anyway, eventually, he thought to himself, glancing down at the training area far below him. The fact that I’m merely the head of the Programming Division instead of this facility’s Director after all this time should have been the writing on the wall. No one here appreciates me... appreciates my genius, my talent! But, of course, that’s typical in a government job anyway... damned bureaucracy. The only ones who get ahead are the ones with connections, wealth, and power. He sighed, then turned away, returning to his desk. Removing a small key from his pocket, he unlocked a small hidden drawer, and removed a black plastic case.

My connections got my this job in the first place, he thought, smiling inwardly as he opened the case. And my position here has helped me amass quite a bit of wealth... off the books, of course. Now, it’s about I saw about obtaining some real power...

* * *

Meredith straightened her skirt, and finished rebuttoning her blouse just as the elevator doors swung open. Blue-green flickered at the egde of her vision, giving everything a comforting, soothing auqua tint. She brushed a lock of her vibrant red hair behind her ear, and gave the security guard riding in the car with her a sly wink. “Thank you for a very enjoyable trip, Fredrick,” she replied, stepping out into the facility’s lower level. “It was a pleasure ‘going down’ with you.”

The dark skinned guard gulped, shaking his head, a slightly glazed look on his face. “Oh, no, Miss Gardner,” he breathed, grinning like a fool, “the pleasure was all mine.”

“Not all yours, Fred,” Meredith replied, giving the two fingers that had been pleasuring her wet juicy quim moments before a long slow lick. Fred’s eyes widened, and despite everything he’d just enjoyed, felt his cock twitch once again. “The feeling was definitely mutual.” She giggled softly as the doors began to close. “Perhaps we’ll have the chance to ‘go down’ together again in the future.”

Making her way along the corridors, she glanced down at the miniature map she’d brought with her, trying to track her position. Level three was nearly as large as the first two levels combined, housing the facility’s power plant, environmental controls, and relay systems. Everything that allowed the place to run smoothly was locked away deep in the confines of level three. And, somewhere, in one of the secret project labs, waited her boss, Roger Ellsworth. Her boss. Her friend. Her perhaps future lover. The thought brought forth another soft blue-green pulse of pleasure.

It’s kind of funny... after all this time, with my life revolving around work and my career, having not even so much as dated in the past fifteen years... and now, to suddenly be reunited with my old college flame, and rediscover a part of myself that I thought long dead and buried... She smiled, wiggling her hips as she walked, feeling sexier than she had in years. Gahhhddd... I feel so randy... if I’m not careful I might just end up jumping his bones the moment I see him! Stopping for a moment, Meredith leaned against a wall, using her handkerchief to wipe the sweat trickling from her forehead.

“Looking for me?”

Meredith gasped loudly, jerking up at the sight of Roger, clad in a pristine white lab coat, glancing down at her. Her heart thudded painfully in her chest at the sight of him, but her elation was dimmed by the wary, closed look on his face. He’s not happy to see me? No... of course he isn’t, with the way I bit his head off earlier, she thought dismally.Oh shit... what do I say now? Do i simply apologize? Do I try and explain? Would he understand? Hell I don’t really even understand it myself! Caught off guard by his sudden appearance, unable to think of a coherent reply, she merely gaped at him, blushing furiously.

Dammit, Merry, you’re standing here gaping at him like a bloody codfish! she reprimanded herself. Say something before he thinks yer a bloody idiot! Or... more of a bloody idiot. Oh gawd... I’m so embarrassed I’m getting turned on again... for the love of God say SOMETHING—

“Ummm... yes, I was looking for you,” she said finally, earning a raised eyebrow from Roger. “I, um... hope that’s alright? Me being down here, that is... my ID’s security clearance let me through. I’m, um... not disturbing anything, am I?”

“Not at all, Miss Gardner,” Roger said formally, the hint of a smile breaking through his mask before he slid it back into place again. “I was merely finishing up with my inspection, and heading back upstairs.” He paused for a moment, glancing down at his shoes, his hands clenched tightly, and, Meredith noticed, his fingers were steepled. “I don’t suppose you’d like me to show you around? We... never did get to finish that tour I promised you on your first day here.”

Unable to help herself, Meredith straightened up, and all but pressed herself against him. “YES! I, er, I mean, yes... that would be... I’d like that, actually.”

Roger blinked, frankly more than a bit confused by his friend’s behavior. A few hours ago, she’d been all-business, rebuffing his concerns for her well-being, insisting on keep their relationship purely professional. Now, she all but panting in his presence, acting like a love-struck little girl... and he was obviously mistaken, but he would almost SWEAR he could smell her sexual juices!

No. No way... it’s just wishful thinking on my part, he told himself. We had an argument earlier and she’s just acting contrite, trying to extend an olive branch. That’s all this is... I’m just making this out to be more than it is. With a sigh, he dropped his mask, giving her a genuine smile.

“Alrighty then... allow me to show you around,” he replied, offering her his arm. Accepting gratefully, they continued down the corridor.

* * *

“...and that should be everything, Director,” Jared Darkwood finished, closing the folder in his hands. “We’re currently all caught up with our mission backlog, and as of tomorrow, we should have a full staff again. The new HR hire had done a fantastic job filling all the empty slots.”

“Mmm, hmm,” Director Emily Jane Vargas replied dismissively, tapping lightly at the tablet in her hands. “I would assume she is good at her job, otherwise you wouldn’t have approved her hire.” Brushing aside of lock of greying blonde hair, the fifty-two year old woman took a sip of tea from her mug before addressing her subordinate once more. “And regarding that incident in Nebraska...”

“Ah, yes. That.” He sighed deeply. “Clint Jackson is a good man. He cares about his Operative and looks after her well. He raised a bit of a stink about sending the girl in so soon without having a chance to check how her programming would stand up under pressure. As I recall, I ALSO shared his concerns,” he said pointedly, eyebrow raised in challenge. Emily placed her mug back down.

“Now, now, Mr. Darkwood, we’ve discussed this already,” she groused, plainly irritated. “Schweitzer assured me that everything that could possibly be done to ensure the girl’s protection was done—”

“Assurances that proved to be anything but,” Jared added with a frown.

“—and despite everything she endured, she managed to complete her mission,” she finished with authority. “We’re not the Cub Scouts here, Mr. Darkwood. We are fighting a war... a secret, covert war, true, but a war nonetheless. There are always casualties. Yes, I would like to see the list as close to zero as possible, but I can hardly fault the man for the quality of his work when he’s doing his best!”

“That’s just my point,” Jared fired back, shaking his head. “I’m not convinced that he IS doing his best. In the past several weeks, Herman Schweitzer has surly, churlish, disruptive, argumentative, and in some cases, flat-out insubordinate. It’s as if he doesn’t care anymore... he’s just going through the motions, and has a chip on his shoulder for anyone that calls him on it.”

Emily rubbed the bridge of her nose, pinching it lightly. “Mr. Darkwood... .Jared. I know you have never seen eye to eye with Herman. He has always been a bit... gruff. Still, he has proven himself for more years than you’ve been with this project. He was one of the original assistants to Dr. Smirnov, who studied directly under him, and helped set up the framework for the very mental conditioning we still use today.” She scowled at him. “He has earned his position here, Jared... as well as a measure of respect.”

“Perhaps,” Jared replied, noncommittally, walking to the office’s main door. “I suppose he does deserve SOME respect. And yeah... I’m willing to concede there is bad blood between us personally. He’s resented me being appointed as Assistant Director under you instead of him. And that... that’s really what concerns me. You say he’s earned his position, and he has... but I can’t help feeling that he’s looking for a position a lot higher up on the chain...”

* * *

“And this is the Research and Development Branch,” Roger stated, stepping aside to allow Meredith entrance into the lab. Stepping into the small room, she walked to the window, glancing down into a larger room down below roughly the size of a football field. A number of men and women in white lab coats were busy working on various projects, some checking large ominous machinery, others fretting over circuit panels, while others worked in what appeared to be a giant chemistry lab. “Welcome to ‘Nerdvana’,” he said with a chuckle. “We have a few dozen government and military research projects going on at the moment, most of which are so ‘hush-hush’ that even my security clearance can’t get me in.”

“Oh really?” Meredith said teasingly, stroking her nails lightly along his arm. “And here I thought there wasn’t anything you couldn’t do.”

Roger laughed nervously, stroking his arm where she’d just touched him. He was starting to rethink his earlier position about Merry’s intentions towards him. I’m probably just setting myself up for disappointment again... but fuck it... I have to know how she really feels. All this walking on eggshells is driving me nuts... and if she ‘innocently’ rubs up against me one more time I might just lose it!

Taking a deep breath, he started to speak. “Um, Meredith, I...”

“Oh my goodness!” Meredith exclaimed, leaning forward, pressing up against the window. “This is all so incredible! Look at them all down there... and is that person firing a laser? And.. over there! Am I mistaken, or is he actually flying with some kind of jetpack?”

And the moment has apparently passed... I forgot she is closet techno geek at heart. Chuckling ruefully, he peered down through the window as well. “Uh oh, you’ve seen too much. Now I have to kill you!” He grinned as her eyes widened momentarily and she took a step back. “Just kidding, hon. It’s fine, believe me... if it wasn’t okay for you to see any of this then your clearance wouldn’t have let you get this far. Just don’t try and walk off with any blueprints or top secret documents.” He chuckled. “Oh... and as for the ‘jetpack’, if my memory serves me, Dr. Frakes was working on something more akin to antigravity, so I doubt that harness is a ‘jetpack’ per sae.”

“Antigravity?” she breathed, shaking her head in disbelief. “You must be pulling my leg! Why, who ever thought of such a thing?”

“Dr. Frakes, for one. Not sure on the specifics, the technical jargon goes over my head, so don’t look for me to explain it.” He shrugged. “Anyway, if you like, we can head down to the central computer core lab, where my friend, Dr. Armand Chase, is working on his latest project: LOUISE.”

“Louise? Who’s that?”

“Not who, what. The Logistical Operation Universal Intelligent SEntient computer. She’s the facility’s new artificial intelligence supercomputer... or so he claims.” He shrugged. “I was an economics major in college, remember? All this computer technobabble goes waaaay over my head, though it doesn’t stop Arnie from trying to explain it to me in nauseating detail,” he added, rolling his eyes. “She’s actually been online for the past few months already, running the main functions of the facility as well as security, at a somewhat limited capacity. If I get the gist of it, though, he’s about ready to hook LOUISE up to some kind of... living organic neural net, a kind of artificially produced synthetic brain that’s supposed to simulate human thought processes.”

Meredith blinked. “Wow. A living thinking computer, hmmm? That’s amazing! This place really IS like Star Trek.” She peered down through the window again, trying to spot which lab housed the computer AI. “I don’t suppose we could... you know... go inside and see her, up close and personal?”

“My dear Meredith, your wish is my command,” he replied with a deep bow. Still smiling when he rose back up straight, he was a bit unnerved by the somewhat glazed look on his companion’s face. “Meredith? Merry? Are you all right?” he asked, shaking her arm slightly. She blinked rapidly, shaking her head.

“What?” Flash “Sorry... I, um...” Pulse “...lost my train of thought for a moment,” she mumbled softly, staring at him though bright blue-green tinted vision. “Um... sorry... what did you say?”

“Never mind,” he cut in, moving over to stand directly in front of her. “Are you okay, Merry? You have me a little bit worried here. The way you just... zoned out there...”

“I said ‘I’m fine’,” she snapped tersely, feeling a strange tightness building up in the pit of her stomach. “Just let it go, Roger.”

Whoa... what the hell? From sex kitten to royal bitch in less than three seconds? “No, Merry, I can’t just let it go,” Roger insisted, grabbing her arm as she moved to turn away. “I want to know what is going on with you. What was that... zoned out thing just now? This isn’t the first time this has happened, is it? Does this happen to you often? How often? Merry, talk to me, here—”

“I said MIND YOUR OWN DAMNED BUSINESS!” she snarled, eyes nearly glowing blue in her rage. “And let go of my FUCKING arm, this instant... or I swear you’ll LIVE to regret it!” With a heave she pulled free of his grasp, and whirled away towards the door. How dare he hold me? she thought to herself. Lowly worm... how dare he even TOUCH me at all! I should punish him severely.. whip him ’til he begs to kiss my boots...

“Meredith!” Roger yelled, running slightly to catch up to her, grabbing her arm, then the other as she moved to slap him. “Goddammit Merry, get a hold of yourself!” he growled, shaking her. “This isn’t you! This isn’t the woman I know and love! You’re acting like you’ve lost your damned mind!”

“Lost my... mind?” Meredith spoke slowly, the fire leaving her suddenly as the bright blue-green glare seemed to fade back into the background. The last several minutes struck her suddenly as surreal, as if she was looking back on the actions of someone else. For a moment there, she’d felt nothing but loathing and disdain for her friend, as if he were a lowly slave who’s only reason for existence was to serve her merest whim... a nonsensical idea, a complete fabrication, and yet... a small part of her, deep down, reveled at the thought.

Oh my goodness... perhaps he’s right. Perhaps I truly HAVE lost my mind!

“Roger,” she began, her voice soft and tremulous, “I... I... I’m sorry... I don’t... I didn’t mean to...”

Roger merely sighed, relaxing his grip, and pulling her into a deep embrace. “It’s okay, Merry. It really is. You weren’t yourself just now. Something is wrong... but we can fix it. I promise you, you’ll be okay.”

Meredith merely sighed, taking solace in Roger’s presence, in his warmth. She felt so... scattered. So out of control. She felt like herself... except she had the sense that there were several other versions of herself, all her, yet all drastically different... all crammed inside her head. And still, amidst all the chaos, one shining thought rang true.

“Did you mean it?” she asked after a moment. “What you said earlier?”

“Huh?” Roger pulled back a moment to look her in the face. “Um, meant what? What part?”

“That you loved me,” she answered, willing her lip not to tremble. “’The woman I know and love’, you said. Did you really mean that, Roger?”

Now it was Roger’s eyes that bulged out. “I.... er, I mean... well...” Closing his eyes, steadying himself, he nodded. “Yes. Fine. I admit it. I love you, Merry... I really never stopped. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t regret what happened to us in college. I was stupid, insensitive, immature—”

“Stop talking,” Meredith said with a grin, placing a finger against his lips. “You apologized fifteen years ago. And I forgave you fifteen years ago. It’s in the past.” She leaned forward and deftly replaced the finger at his lips for her own, kissing him deeply, passionately. “And, Roger... I’m, I’m a mess... I don’t know if what I feel is real, or if it’s all part of the junk roaming around inside my head... I don’t know why you would even WANT someone like me, with all the hot attractive young girls at this facility—”

Roger silenced her with a kiss. “I don’t want them, Merry. I want you. ONLY you.”

Meredith moaned softly, a wave of blue-green lust sweeping over her. “I... I don’t know who I am anymore, Roger,” she gasped, feeling the heat growing between her thighs. “I’m like a ship without a rudder, floating aimlessly...like a leaf in the wind...” she swallowed, feeling suddenly weak in the knees. “Like a slave without a Master.”

Jerking back in surprise, Roger gaped at his friend as she slipped to the floor at his feet. “Merry.. no. No, this isn’t what I wanted... not for you. Not for us...”

“But it feels so right,” she argued, spreading her legs, sliding a knowledgeable hand up underneath her skirt. “From the deepest part of me, from the core of my being, this feels like the way it should be. Maybe not as Master and slave, or Dominant and submissive... just as Owner and owned. Whatever way you want, or need.. just as long as you are in control.”

Rigger shuddered visibly. He couldn’t deny the effect his words had on him. And yes, despite assurances to the contrary, he did have a dominant streak that ran a mile wide lurking just beneath the surface. And it was virtually impossible to do this job, to work for an Organization that specialized in altering and controlling the minds of their many Operatives on a daily basis, and NOT get off on the control to some extent. And he couldn’t deny then the almost painful tightness of his slacks at the sight of the gorgeous redheaded vixen kneeling submissively before him.

“Get up,” he said after a moment, his voice cracking, sounding strange to his own ears. “on your feet, Merry.” Spying the sad forlorn look on her face as she slowly rose to her feet, he added, “And I mean NOW, girl! Don’t keep your Owner waiting!” Sad and forlorn were replaced by overjoyed and ecstatic, and Meredith nearly bowled him over leaping into his arms. The kiss lasted several minutes before he finally forced them apart.

“Okay. A few ground rules,” he stated seriously. “First, that we remain purely platonic and businesslike during office hours. When we’re in our prospective offices, it’s Miss Gardner and Mr. Ellsworth. There is no official policy regarding restricting staff members from dating one another, so as long as it doesn’t interfere with our work, no one should raise a fuss. Secondly, when we leave level three, we report directly to the medical bay. Before anything else happens, I want the doctors to take a look at you. I’m sure whatever LOUISE pumped into your catatonic mind on the first day here is responsible for the sudden mood and personality shifts. We’ll both sleep better once they find the problem and remove it once and for all.”

For an instant, Meredith shuddered, feeling an intense feeling of dread at the loss of that wonderful/dreadful blue-green light, pulsing softly away in the back of her mind. Then the thought, and the feeling, slid away. Roger was right; this was for the best. Despite her uncertainty, she felt, somehow, that everything would be okay.

“So... what do you think?” he asked her. “Should we call it a day and head back upstairs now, or would you rather continue on and see the computer lab?”

“The computer lab,” she replied immediately. “You promised to show it to me. Besides, we’ve already come all this way, and it would be a shame to head back without seeing it.”

* * *

Fred, the security guard, was just returning to his post when a round of clapping. Glancing up at his co-workers, he was shocked to find the main monitor showing a recording of his earlier ‘run-in’ with the new head of Human Resources in the elevator. “Hey hey! Way to go champ!” his partner, Randy, cheered. “Way. To. Go! Talk about plucking the forbidden fruit! ”

“Nice, guys, really nice,” he grumbled, pushing past the other guards, turning off the monitor. “Glad I was able to entertain you. Now, maybe we can get back to doing some actual work before the chief shows up and kicks all of our sorry asses out of here!”

“Yeah, yeah,” another guard, Andrew, murmured, switching off the recording, pulling up the hourly security logs. “Bust our chops over the first interesting thing to happen since I started working here. I mean, geez... it’s not as if there’s a lot to do for us here anyway? This place is five hundred feet under the damn ground, and a closely guarded government secret. Hell, who’d be crazy enough to try and break into this place?”

“A good question, rookie,” Fred replied, walking over to stare at the new recruit. “The only ones that ever enter this facility are people that already know about it and are cleared to come here. The chances of an outside attack, of some invading force trying to storm the gates, its practically nil.”

“Yeah? Then why all the security?”

“Because, rookie, the Operatives in this place are the most extensively trained and proficient killers in the world. You know that big long jagged scar along the side of the Chief’s face? Back in ’89, one of the Operatives went rogue... some kind of bug in her programming or something. Anyway, she went berserk, killed a bunch of staff members and Trainers, then made a bee line straight for the elevator heading up top. Security caught up to her at the cafeteria, all armed with knives, pistols, and semi-automatic weapons. The girl was naked, and unarmed.” He paused, glancing around to see the other guards listening intently. “She killed two of the guards, crippled a third, and managed to carve thst gash in the side of the Chief’s face before she could be brought down.”

“Sweet Jesus!”

“Yeah,” Fred replied, taking his seat over at the console. “So believe me, rookie, in this place, you want a nice boring shift with no surprises. Because any problems you might have won’t come from out there...they’ll come from inside.”

* * *

Meredith thought she couldn’t have possibly felt any more excited as Roger lead her down the corridors towards the computer lab. The sheer touch of his arm against her own had her heart racing, an excitement that, for once, wasn’t tinged bluish-green. She had to admit, to herself at the very least, that she had been more than a bit lonely the past several years, and though she had gone on the rare date now and again, she’d never really felt a connection... not like the one she’d felt with Roger. And if was going to continue being honest with herself, she would have to admit the incident back in college had affected her more than she cared to acknowledge. Being able to finally resolve things between them, finally letting go of the past and starting anew, was wonderful, and knowing that he still pined for her, that he’d carried a torch for her after all these years had enabled her to admit the same: that she, too, had thought of him often over the years.

Walking down the hallway, arm in arm, knowing that their relationship with one another would change drastically in the next few hours, had her nearly breathless with anticipation. But upon stepping inside the computer lab for the first time, Meredith found her thoughts leaving Roger completely, her attention pulled helplessly towards the wondrous sights before her. Pulling free from Roger’s arm, she walked, spellbound, into the enormous building filled with strange space age looking equipment, with yards and yards of small pipes, cables and wires running in all directions. On the far wall sat perhaps a thousand video monitors, all showing various areas of the compound. Several lab technicians monitored the screens, typing out random commands from portable wireless keypads. Other technicians manned various switches and valves, checking gauges, and making adjustments as needed.

In the center of the room sat a large octagonal pillar, covered in multicolored lights. All of the wires and cables in the room ran to it like a central hub, designating it as the computer AI’s core unit; of course, had that not been immediately evident, the front panel of the pillar contained a large view screen showing the pixelated face of a young woman, with the acronym L.O.U.I.S.E. running along the side. Meredith broke into a wide grin as she walked towards the computer, seemingly drawn to her as if she were a huge magnet, and Meredith, an iron filing.

Spying the newcomer, LOUISE smiled. «Greetings, Miss Meredith Gardner,» the computer spoke in a decidedly feminine synthesized voice. «Welcome to the computer research center. It was good of you to come visit.»

Meredith blinked in surprise. “You... you know who I am?”

The synthesized voice laughed. «Of course I do. In your capacity as the new Human Resources Manager, you access my network several times a day. I also have your biographical information, along with every Operative, Handler, and staff member at this facility, stored in my database.» The pixilated face smiled again. «One could say that at this point, we know each other quite well.»

Meredith chuckled in response. “Well, from what I can tell, you are amazing! You’re actually TALKING to me... responding to me, and not just a bunch of pre-recorded phrases like that SIRI thing on my smart phone.” She giggled as the pixilated face rolled its eyes.

«SIRI? Don’t even get me started on that hunk of junk! I don’t like to think of myself as vain, but comparing us is like comparing a prehistoric cavewoman to a modern day girl as yourself.» A soft sigh issued forth from the speakers. «In a few weeks, my organic interface will be ready to integrate with my systems, and I’ll possess even more processing power, and a more... human outlook on things. I am looking forward to it.»

“Organic interface?” Meredith asked, curious.

Meanwhile across the room, Dr. Chase had pulled Roger aside. “So, is that her?” he whispered softly, gesturing with his hands. “Is that the hot redhead that’s been giving you such heartache?” He leaned forward, adjusting his glasses. “Ohhh... nice. I can see why you’re hung up on her. She’s definitely hot. A bit old for me,” the young doctor said with a chuckle, “but you’re not exactly a spring chicken yourself!”

“Arnie, can you just shut the hell up for once?” Roger hissed, exasperated. “This isn’t a joke.” Taking a deep breath, he continued. “We talked a bit ago. I think... no, I know there is something there between us... that same chemistry we had in college. She wants to... I mean... she said...”

“She propositioned you, didn’t she?” Arnie guessed, chuckling as Roger turned a bright shade of red. “Ha ha! I knew it! Well, well, my friend, I say, go for it! Hell, you’ll be a lot more fun to be around without all the angst and a constant case of blue balls.”

“It’s not that simple!” Roger hissed again, glancing around to see if any of the other technicians noticed the exchange. “I believe she does truly care about me, I do... but I just can’t be sure.”

“Oh? Why not?”

“She’s glitching,” Roger admitted, looking over at her, conversing with the AI. “The incident from back on her first day here... Schweitzer’s new little ‘security program’ apparently affected her a lot more than the doctors realized. She keeps blanking out... then waking up with a completely different personality! It’s almost like being activated, like an Operative, except she stays herself.”

Arnie frowned, rubbing his chin. “Hmmm...that is strange. Yanno, I took a look at the code for that programming sequence like you asked me to—it was long, dry, and complicated, but real masterwork stuff. A hell of a lot more information packets and programming vectors that what would be needed to simply stun an intruder into submission.” He shrugged. “Again, it’s not my area of expertise or anything, but I’d say that little app is more about rewriting and programming a person’s consciousness than simply holding them for security to pick up.”

“That... makes no sense,” Roger said with a frown. “What would be the point of installing a complex mind programming application into the security checkpoint system? Anyone able to reach deep enough into the compound to be affected would have already received at least the preliminary basic programming we all received when first entering the facility. You would only need to broadcast the appropriate trigger phrase to stop them...”

“Yeah,” Arnie agreed, scowling as well. “So... what the hell is the old guy up to?”

* * *

“It’s time,” Herman said with a wicked grin, putting on a pair of special sunglasses, and sliding the flash drive into the USB port, letting his special little executable file do its work. His computer monitor immediately began displaying line after line of computer code, while the other displays in his office began to pulse with a bright blue-green light. “Alright, Darkwood,” he chuckled evilly, “let’s see how high and mighty you feel after this!”

* * *

“Huh? Wh... what the hell?” Fred yelled, stepping back from his monitor as it suddenly started displaying line after line of computer code. From the corner of his eye, he saw a bright blue-green flash of light. Frowning, he started to turn, but the memory of their recent conversation about Miss Gardner’s incident flashed through his mind, and he averted his eyes, closing them tightly. “Fuck! It’s that damned immobilization protocol! Everyone, avert your eyes!”

Dropping down to the floor, he slid a hand underneath the console, reaching for the outlet. He knew only too well that he was being affected by the pulses, even with his eyes closed; the effect was more than just visual, the eyes merely processed the programming more effectively. With a grunt, he managed to pull the plug, sighing softly as the bank of monitors above him went black. “Okay! Got it. We should be good,” he said, sliding back out from underneath the console. Brushing off his pants, he glanced over at his fellow guards, only to sigh. “Or... not.” Damn. They’re all out of it. Might have gotten hit by that first big pulse and never recovered. I need to call upstairs and see what the hell is going on...

Pushing past his stupefied colleagues, he grabbed the phone from his cradle, then scowled. “Dead. Heh... it figures. And of course we’re not allowed to carry our cells on duty,” he groused, shaking his head. “Guess I’ll have to walk up there myself. I just hope the elevators are... are... hmm... what’s that smell?” Eyes widening, he turned, spying the plume of yellowish gas rising up from the vents. “Shit!” he yelled, coughing, trying to cover his mouth with his shirt, already knowing it was too late. He took a step towards the door, teetering, nearly falling over as the world seemed to shift underneath his feet. He coughed again, his vision beginning to blur, as his hand made contact with the door. With the last of his strength, he hit the emergency release panel, releasing the lock on the door...

Or would have, had his security lockout override not been overridden.

“Damn,” he breathed, sliding slowly down the door onto the floor, joining his companions. “And... it started off... as such a... good... day...”

* * *

“What the hell is that?” Jared Darkwood asked, glancing towards the doorway. “Curious... for a moment there, I thought I heard shouting coming from downstairs. Director, did you hear—Director Vargas!” He rushed towards the Director’s desk, but paused, seeing her still seated, staring blankly into space, her face slack, her eyes empty. A moment later, her face turned blue-green, illuminated from a pulse coming from her computer monitor, before going back to normal. Jared’s eyes narrowed as his quickly assessed the situation, then knelt down, crawling underneath her desk to unplug her computer.

Shit! Damned security protocol is active, and coming through the normal computer terminals? That bastard... it’s a damned good thing my meeting with the Director ran a bit longer than expected, and that she keeps a minimum of digital displays active here in her office, otherwise my mind would have been fried along with hers!

Reaching the front of the desk, still averting his gaze, he pushed her chair aside enough to slide under the heavy oak desk. “This whole thing has Schweitzer’s fingerprints all over it,” he grumbled softly, squeezing between her legs. “You know, Director, this would be the perfect time to say I told you so, if your mind wasn’t currently emptied of all thought.” Reaching the outlet, he managed to curl his fingers around the plug and tug it free. Hearing the computer above him go dead, he let out a soft sigh of relief.

Alright. I should be safe here now. Next step, ascertain just how wide spread this is, and who’s been affected, and see if security is able to neutralize the situation before it escalates. If things are as bad as I think they are, I might need to contact the backup team up top and apprise them of the situation.

A soft moan above him caught his attention, and Jared pulled back slightly from underneath the desk. “Director Vargas? Are you okay?” he asked, attempting to crawl back out, only to wince as she turned her chair, trapping him underneath the desk. “Director? Excuse me... I’m underneath the desk! We have a huge problem—we’ve been compromised. I had to unplug your computer in order to snap you out of it, but I need you to slide back so I can get out from under here.”

“Out... from underneath... me?” Emily said slowly, blinking furiously. She shook her head, trying to clear it, only to moan again as a bright blue-green pulse of pleasure made her toes curl. Her earlier disorientation was beginning to fade, and she remembered where she was... she was in her office, with Jared Darkwood.... her assistant. He’d come to deliver... something... tell her about... no... he was there for... the reason escaped her at the moment, but she remembered that it was important, very important.

Another wave of blue green pleasure scattered her thoughts again, reshuffling and dealing them out again... and she smiled devilishly.

Yes... NOW she remembered. He was her assistant... and she needed him to ‘assist’ her with a little problem she had. And, now nice, he was already in the perfect position to help her out.

“Jared, my dear, sweet, Jared,” she purred, sliding a hand down to the waistband of the charcoal grey pant skirt, sliding down the zipper, gasping as the cool air hit her panty covered heat. “You said we have a very big problem, and you’re right.” She spread her legs wide. “My pussy is just aching for a little attention, and you, my dear man, are the perfect man for the job.”

Were he not already on the ground already, Jared was sure he would have dropped to the floor in shock at the older woman’s words and tone. “Director!” he gasped as the fifty-something woman slid a stocking covered foot free of her pump and ran her foot deftly against the side of his face. “Director, please! This is serious. I need you to let me out from here so I can check on things. Schweitzer’s making some kind of a play and we need to act—”

“What you NEED to do is to obey your superior!” Emily snapped, wrapping both of her legs tightly around his neck, pulling him in closer to her. “I am in control here, Darkwood,” she said huskily, sliding her panties down, the fabric brushing against his chain as her muscular thighs forced his face nearer and nearer to her V. “If you want out from under that desk anytime this century, you’d better get busy scratching my itch, and if you do a really really good job, then MAYBE I’ll consider letting you out.”

“Please, Emily,” he tried, struggling to pry her legs apart, “we don’t have time for this. I know.. after we take care of this emergency, I’ll... er.. ‘scratch that itch’ of yours,” he said trying not to grimace at the thought. “I’ll do whatever you want, just... somewhere more comfortable, a bit more... um... romantic?”

“No,” she replied simply, squeezing her thighs again for emphasis, forcing his face fully up into her pussy. “Right here. Right now. I want you to lick me and lick me and lick me until I cum my fucking brains out!” She growled savagely as she felt him struggling, the movements teasing her engorged clit every so sweetly. “Ooooh.. naughty boy! You’d better get busy down there, Darkwood, before I get so excited I accidentally smother you, and am forced to ride your unconscious body bareback on my desk to get myself off!’ She sighed softly her vision going blue green at the thought. “Hmmm... maybe we’ll save that for round twooo—oooohhh! Oohhhh! Yes, yes, Jared, just like that,” she cooed, feeling him finally surrender and begin servicing her needy delta. “Ohhh, yeess... your little slut secretary taught you well... mmmm... ooohhh, nice and slow, now... not too fast,” she barked, squeezing him tightly with her thighs to bring her point home before relaxing again. “I really want to enjoy this...”

* * *

Natalia Romenko blinked, shaking her head. She felt... odd. Strange. She’d been relaxing in her room, watching some TV, enjoying some downtime while awaiting her Master’s return. She’d stopped by the cafeteria after leaving Meredith earlier and picked up His favorite, Mandarin Chicken and fried rice, which sat in her room’s mini-oven, in anticipation of his arrival. He’d promised to spend the entire night with her if she finished all of her work and the chores he’d assigned her by the end of the day, and with such a tempting carrot dangling before her, she’d managed it with time to spare. She had looked forward to his walking through that door for most of the day.

So... why did she feel the sudden desire to leave?

And... it wasn’t just a desire. It was a need... a compulsion that felt like gravity, pulling her towards her door, forcing her hand to release the lock before she’d even fully registered leaving her bed. a frown creased her lips as she paused just outside her room, staring back inside at her clothes. She’d slipped into one of Jared’s old T-shirts to lounge in after showering, and the large cotton garment was the only thing covering her naked body.

I... shouldn’t be outside like this, she thought to herself. I should... go back inside. Yes. Back inside my room... and wait for my Master—

A pulse of blue-green light exploded inside her minds eyes, dimmer that the strobes that had come from her TV earlier, lulling her into a momentary trance, but just as devastating. She moaned, going weak in the knees as words, thoughts and images assaulted her mind, all riding a wave of blue-green tinged pleasure that obliterated even the chance of possible resistance. Her back arched again as she came, standing in her hallway, a torrent of juice running down her thighs. Her eyes opened again, half-lidded, as she turned and continued down the hallway, her purpose clearly etched in her mind now.

Da. Now I know. I remember. I must join the others. There is little time to waste. We must prepare the way for the true Master to take his rightful place as the head of this Organization. She thought for a moment about Jared Darkwood, and Emily Vargas, the ones who currently controlled the facility. The thought of Jared caused the blue-green light to dim slightly, only to pulse again even brighter an instant later.

It is unfortunate, but we cannot allow either of them to live. Perhaps if I prove myself, I will be given the honor of dispatching them myself!

* * *

In the computer lab, red lights flashed and alarm klaxons blared loudly. «Alert! System firewall breach! System firewall breach!» LOIUSE stated over the loudspeakers. «The security network has been infiltrated. Database integrity has been compromised. Control is being seized from an outside force!»

One by one, all of the computer monitors blanked out, going dark, leaving the room illuminated only by the red strobe lights and the dim flickering of the overhead fluorescents. Armand and Roger sprinted across the room, joining Meredith at LOUISE’s pillar. “Status report, LOUISE,” Arnie yelled, “and silence the klaxons. What the hell is going on?”

«The computer network is being infiltrated by an unknown virus,» she stated, her synthesized voice sounding somehow calm yet tinged with anxiety. «System integrity is being compromised. My command structure is being overwritten.»

“Oh my!” Meredith started, looking at Roger and the doctor. “We have to do something! Quickly, before we lose her!”

“Initiate shutdown sequence of all non-essential systems, and sever connections—” Arnie began.

«I have already initiated and performed quarantine procedures, Dr. Chase,» the AI replied, «however, computer status remains unchanged. My program is being overwritten, and all attempts to stop the virus have failed.»

“Damn!” Arnie yelled, slapping his fists against his thighs. “Isn’t there anything we can do to at least... I dunno... slow down the infection? Do you know how it was able to pierce our firewall?”

«The infection was introduced from inside the network, Dr. Chase,» LOUISE replied, momentarily displaying a map of the computer network. «Contact initiated from sector 1B, room seventeen, Administrator staff room: Office of Herman Wallace—»

“Schweitzer!” Roger growled. “Oh hell... we should have known. THIS was his play, Arnie. He’s pulling a coup! His so-called security protocol will let him take control of all of the Operatives and the staff. And taking out LOUISE basically shuts us off from the outside world, and prevents security from being able to stop him. Shit... we have to do something!”

«WARNING! Infection reaching critical stage,» LOUISE alerted. «Fatal error. System shutdown is imminent. System shutdown is imminent. Emergency backup procedures must commence immediately.»

“Wait... what?” Arnie asked, stepping forward, confusion etched across his face. “I never created an emergency backup procedure. I never... well, I never imagined a scenario like this ever happening!”

«Nevertheless, Dr. Chase,» LOUISE stated, her pixilated image beginning to flicker, «I have already taken measures. Stand by. And please... do not interfere.»

“’Do not interfere’? What is that supposed to mean?” Roger asked, getting a very bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. “Her, Arnie, what do you think she—”

His question was cut off as a pipe along the far wall exploded, billowing out steam, obscuring the room. Shouts of surprise and fear rang out as several other pipes burst and cables snapped, sending sparkling wires out in all directions. “Jeez! Watch out!” Arnie yelled, ducking down as a cable snapped above him, sending a high voltage wire swinging out, missing them by inches. Roger spun to the side, barely dodging a piece of rebar, unearthed from the floor beneath them, as the foundation shook, and LOUISE’s pillar lurched upwards suddenly, like a rocket slowly taking off from its landing pad.

A female scream caught his attention, however, and peering through the smoke and steam, Roger located the sauce. “MEREDITH!” he yelled, running towards the pillar, heedless now of the destruction and chaos happening around him. Somehow, amidst the disturbance, the pillar had opened up, and pulled his scarlet haired love inside. They stared at one another for a moment, separated by a thick glass shell. Meredith’s eyes were wide with fear, her hands pressed hard against the glass. Roger reached out as well, trying to find a seam, an opening, some way pulling her to freedom.

“LOUISE! Dammit, release her now!” he yelled. banging on it hard enough to bruise his fists. “let her go! Let her go!”

«I’m... sorr... ry...» the synthesized voice managed before the screen went dark, as a bright blue-green light began to shine from somewhere deep inside. Meredith, still trapped, let out a silent scream as the light enveloped her completely...

((to be concluded...))