The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Sleepers

by J. Darksong

Part fifteen: ENDGAME

Katherine Southerby stretched and sighed deeply as she exited the airport. Her flight in from the Cayman Islands had gone smoothly, but she was tired after the long trip, and just wanted to rest. Most of all, she looked forward to seeing her husband Justin. It was a shame that he’d been too busy trying to get some new bill passed through legislature to come out with her, but at least he’d been understanding and given her his blessing to go alone.

Such a sweet man, she thought with a smile. I’ll have to do something special for him tonight. Maybe... I’ll wear that black silk teddy and do that thing he likes with my tongue...

A slight buzzing in her pocket broke her from her musings, and she pulled her cell from her pocket. “Hello?” she answered cheerfully.

“Pawn to King’s Seven.”

Breath catching in her throat, Katherine shuddered slightly, as a veil inside her mind was cruelly ripped away. After a moment or two, she placed the phone back to the side of her face and answered. “Yes Sir, I am ready.” Listening for several moments, nodding absently, she responded once again. “Yes, Sir. I obey.” Shutting off the phone, she placed it back in her pocket and left the terminal, walking straight past the baggage claim and her luggage waiting on the turnstile.

* * *

Sarah Beth Simmons glanced up from her computer as the switchboard lit up. “Prince Industries, Unlimited, this Eve speaking. How may I direct your call?”

“Pawn to King’s Seven.”

The slender brunette gasped in surprise, then sighed. “Yes, Sir, I’m ready,” she replied, listening carefully to the instructions she was being given. Nodding, she hung up the phone, stood up from her desk, and walked across the hallway to the CEO’s door, and entered.

“...should be no problem, Garret, it can be ready as soon as Thursday,” Vanessa Prince replied into her phone, glancing up with an irritated expression at her secretary’s interruption. “Okay, thanks. I have to go now... something’s come up” Hanging up, he glared at the brunette. “Eva! What have I told you about coming into my office without my leave? I was just on the phone with a very important client, and I—”

“Surrender to slumber now,” Sarah Beth replied simply, removing the brown haired wig from her head. Her boss’ protest died on her lips, her head dropping low as she fell obediently into a deep hypnotic trance. “Good girl,” Mistress Beth purred softly, walking around the desk to stand next to the semi-conscious CEO. “As the owner and leader of the country’s largest business corporation, you have the influence, resources, and connections to directly influence the future of the country, possibly the entire world. You are a valuable asset, one that will serve the Master well.” Reaching down, she turned the computer monitor back towards Vanessa.

“You will now transfer complete systematic control and authority to our Owner...” Mistress Beth intoned as her hypnotized thrall began to type. “...Master Schweitzer.”

* * *

Louise stared down the barrel of the gun pointed at her head, contemplating. On one hand, she’d known she would eventually run into Operatives under Schweitzer’s control, knew that the chances of making it to him without being seen at all were close to nil. On the other hand, being seen and causing a disturbance was a good thing if it helped keep everyone distracted and focused on her, and not her comrades back on the lower levels. Between the two groups, she was better equipped to deal with the kind of situation she currently found herself in.

As to that situation... eyes narrowed slightly, she raised her hands slowly above her head, and turned to face the leader. A quick scan of her database revealed the girl’s name: Caitlyn Knox. Age 24. Previous profession, thief. Served two years at Bedford Hills Women’s Correctional Facility before recruitment. From her record and file, Louise could reasonably gauge her skill and reaction time. Of the six operatives surrounding her, only Caitlyn had the reflex speed to match her own.

Of course, Caitlyn herself was still recovering from her injuries suffered several weeks ago during her last mission. Between the mental, physical, and emotional stresses she’d suffered, she hadn’t yet been cleared for active duty. There’s no chance she is functioning at optimal capacity. And with my knowledge of their training regimen, I should be able to predict their moves and counter them.

At least she hoped so.

“Nothing to say, sweetie?” Caitlyn asked, gesturing with her weapon. “Ah, that’s boring. And here I was hoping for a little bit of a challenge.” Moving behind her captive, she pulled out a set of arm restraints. “It’s probably just as well,” she continued, grabbing Louise’s left wrist, “there’s not much you could do with—HEY!”

Moving with inhuman speed, the silver skinned gynoid turned, bringing her free right arm down, cocking her fist back, using her elbow and momentum to strike Caitlyn, knocking her off balance, before lashing out with her fist to hit the surprised second girl. The others, momentarily stunned, reacted as they’d been trained, drew back, bringing up their weapons. Louise dropped down to one knee, as a spread of three tranquilizer darts flew over her head. Lashing out, her foot connected to a third girl’s ankle, sweeping her off her feet, then immediately rolled to the side as two more darts flew out, missing her position by inches.

“Bitch,” Caitlyn growled, quickly shaking the cobwebs from her head. She drew her own weapon, eyeing the silver skinned woman warily. “So, looks like I get that challenge I was looking for after all. Jessica, Rita, Mandy, back off. Tend to Hailey and Janet. Silver Babe here is all mine!”

Louise smiled slightly. Her read of the situation and her adversary had proven correct. Adopting a defensive stance, she nodded once to Caitlyn, gesturing with her fingers. “Come,” she said simply, readying herself for the charge. “Let’s see what you can do.”

Letting out a yell, Caitlyn surged forward, anger overriding her usual calm demeanor. Louise stood her ground, waiting for swing, then twisted, reaching out to grasp Caitlyn’s striking arm, grabbing and twisting. The blonde winced in pain, but smiled in victory, bringing the dart gun up to the middle of Louise’s chest. “Can’t miss at this range, Red,” she smirked, pulling the trigger.

“My thoughts exactly,” Louise replied, twisting again, pushing the blonde’s gun arm out and away with her free hand just as the gun fired, spinning them both around in a circle. Five shots, and five targets, each of the surprised Operatives dropping to the ground one by one. Enraged, Caitlyn shoved them back towards the lockers, slamming her opponent hard against the metallic frames. Louise grunted, but held on, keeping the distance between them close to prevent Caitlyn from being able to reposition her weapon.

Hmm. This is taking too long, Louise pondered to herself. Having taken advantage of the openings she left me earlier, she is now too focused on defense to allow me to put her down as well. Any attempt I make for leverage, she effectively counters, and it is doubtful that taunting her again will prove effective.

«Then, we will have to improvise,» Meredith cut in, letting her presence be felt. «We are equally trained in close quarters combat fighting, and pretty much at equal strength. What we need now is the difference between battle tactic and battle strategy. If we could distract her for just a second or two, we could get control of the gun and tranquilize her like the rest of her squad!»

I am... aware.... of the situation, Louise thought back tersely, trying to push back enough to get free from the side of the lockers. In her current position, a padlock was pressed uncomfortably deep into the small of her back. If you have any suggestions... ughhn... on how to accomplish... said action... feel free to contribute!

«Kiss her,»

“What?” Louise asked aloud, surprised by the suggestion, nearly giving her opponent the opening SHE needed to end the fight instead. What do you mean, kiss her?

«Trust me. Do it now, while you still have a chance! And put some effort into it!»

Trusting the advice, Louise planted her heels and twisted, rolling them to the side, pressing Caitlyn’s back against the lockers. As she grunted slightly from the impact, Louise leaned forward, planting her lips against the lovely blonde’s, sliding her tongue deftly between her lips as she gasped in surprise. A warm surge of pleasure flashed between both women, and for a moment, the animosity of their earlier violence was forgotten. Then...

ZZPPT!

Caitlyn’s eyes opened wide as the dart pierced her flesh. “Fuck...” she managed to gasp as her legs gave way underneath her, and she slid bonelessly to the floor from her silver fleshed opponent’s grasp. Catching her breath, Louise knelt down and retrieved the weapon, and a spare from one of the unconscious girls, and reloaded them both. Satisfied, she made her way to the exit, pausing for a moment, then purposely tripped the intruder alarm before dashing out into the corridor.

«Bloody hell! What did you do that for?» Meredith asked.

Strategy, Louise replied, still sprinting along. We want Mr. Wallace Schweitzer focused on us, and not on whatever he is attempting to accomplish. Further, by activating the alarm in that sector, we will attract his forces towards where they believe we are... not to where we are actually going. Reaching another maintenance hatch, she placed her hand against the console, overriding its lock, and slipping deftly inside. Reaching the first rung of the ladder leading up to the first level, she issued a query to her ‘partner’.

How did you ascertain that kissing the girl would cause her to become distracted?

«Simple. I know her from her file. Caitlyn is a hardcore lesbian, and she tends to favor redheads. Even with her mind and loyalties twisted to Schweitzer’s side, i doubted very seriously that anything he did would interfere with her body’s natural reaction.» She shrugged. «Beyond that, well... she is rather cute. I prefer men, myself, but that doesn’t mean I don’t occasionally enjoy travelling on the other side of the fence. Besides... you enjoyed it too.»

“I did not!” Louise exclaimed aloud, sounding entirely too indignant even to her own ears. “I.. I am sure that what you sensed was merely you OWN pleasure from the girl’s kiss. I am a computer... a being of logic and reason. I do not.. let my emotions overtake me.” Meredith didn’t respond, so Louise kept climbing. Still, she had to wonder if perhaps this body’s proprietary sentience was correct. She couldn’t deny that she’d felt... something... from the contact. And her reaction to Meredith’s teasing was entirely too human for her tastes.

Perhaps the data transfer did more than simply implant my presence within her body. Perhaps, our minds have truly begun to merge... she is certainly more logical and centered now. And, I, dare I say it, am becoming entirely too human. A small smile creased her lips. Not that that is necessarily... a bad thing.

* * *

“Okay, that should just about do it!” Fredrick Vanderberg yelled out, checking the circuit diagram one last time to be sure. “Everything seems to be hooked up correctly. Finally! Now I can get the hell out of this damned basement and back to my suite where I belong...”

The cell phone in his pocket buzzed, A quick glance at the number caused a deep weary groan to escape his lips, but he answered it nonetheless. “Yes, yes, Wallace, we’ve just finished up now. Your little toy is ready to go at any time. So, unless you have something else you’d like me to take care of... huh? What?” He sighed, rolling his eyes. “Well, what do you want me to do about it? I’m down here on level three, remember? If you’re having problems with security up there, you need to handle it yourself!” He sighed, then gasped, going pale. “NO! No, no, I didn’t mean it like that! I wasn’t... I wasn’t... no, no disrespect meant, I was JUST saying... uh huh... I know, but... I’m JUST SAYING I am only one person. You have an entire army at your disposal!”

He sighed again, listening intently, then nodded. “Tch... fine. All right. I’ll send my team back upstairs to join the others. This level is secure. Everyone is accounted for, aside from four staff members. Uh huh... well, if you’re having issues on Level two, I would assume that’s where they are as well. So, there’s no reason for me to stay down here any—what? Guard this damn thing? Me? Wallace, come now... I... really. All right, that’s it! I will not be spoken to in this manner! We are partners, Wallace... comrades. I am NOT a lackey, to be barked at and given ord—”

Suddenly, his face lost all expression, and his body went limp. “Yes, Sir, I am ready,” he replied in a low monotone. He listened for a few moments more, nodding. “Yes, Sir, it will be as you command.” Hanging up the cell, he turned to the rest of his security detail. “Everyone, Master has ordered you all back to the upper levels. You will rejoin the others and coordinate a sweep of the facility. Two of you will remain here, with me, to guard the communications relay. Go, now!” Moving silently, the other Operatives obeyed their orders, filing out of the room, leaving Vanderberg alone with two young women as backup.

“This is it!” Roger whispered softly, glancing up from behind the crates where he and his two companions had hidden. “This is our chance! There are only three of them now, and Vanderberg is really no threat. We have the advantage.”

“What advantage?” Dr. Armand Chase hissed back. “You’re in pretty good shape for a behind the desk bureaucrat, but Ben here is a lab rat, and I’m your stereotypical a pencil-necked geek! It could be five of us against one Operative and she’d STILL take us out in ten seconds flat.”

“Okay, yes, there’s that... but we don’t have to beat them. We just need to outsmart them... distract them long enough to disable the signal condenser before Wallace powers it up.” He shook his head. “Okay. We’re not Operatives. We’re not even Trainers or Handlers. We’re not exactly cut out for this kind of thing. But, there’s no one else coming to bail us out here, boys. It’s just us. And if we don’t do this, then Wallace wins. He rules the world. And once that happens, there will be no place to hide, no place that’s safe. It’ll just be a matter of time before he brainwashed and reprograms each and every one of us into his obedient mindless slaves.” Picking up a small chunk of PVC pipe, gripping it tightly, he added, “I don’t know about you guys, but if I have to go out, I’d rather go out swinging.”

“Fine,” the two scientists agreed without enthusiasm. Kneeling down they came up with a quick plan. Waiting for one of the women to turn away, Ben quickly sprinted across the room to another stack of boxes a few feet away, then ducked down. Waiting a few seconds more, they repeated the move, with Arnie securing a hiding spot near a stack of crates on the right side. Glancing down at his watch, Roger counted off the seconds, hoping that their suicidal plan actually worked. As the time ran out, he took the cell phone from his pocket, and tossed it over his shoulder to the far end of the room, fairly close to where Ben was hiding. The noise of impact had the desired effect, and both of the female Operatives drew their weapons, and headed off to investigate. Leaving Vanderberg alone to guard the device.

From his vantage point, Arnie watched as the two femme fatales approached Ben’s hiding spot. The lab tech clutched his piece of pipe nervously, hoping their insane strategy actually worked. Just before they moved into view, Arnie activated his cell phone’s ring tone, playing a loud midi version of Rihanna’s ‘Stay’. The two women turned at the noise, and that was when Ben struck.

“Now!” Roger grunted, leaping out from his own hiding spot, charging directly for Vanderberg, his own pipe held aloft like a club. This is it! he thought dimly, steeling himself for the attack, for the sickening feeling of bashing another person’s head in with a blunt object. He wasn’t out to kill the older man; if anything, he half hoped the old geezer would take off running before he reached him. But... I don’t have a choice here. I have to destroy that machine. Nothing else matters. If Fredrick got in the way... then... I’ll do what I have to do.

To his credit, Vanderberg, shocked by Roger’s sudden appearance, stood his ground. As Roger closed the distance, however, he saw the look of surprise change, not to a look of fear as he’d expected, but to a look of triumph. “Arianna, defend me,” he called out loudly, taking a single step back. Roger had just a moment to contemplate the old man’s words when a beautiful chestnut haired goddess stepped out from behind the corner of the Communications Array. She smiled at him, her strange violet colored eyes seeming to glow with their own inner light.

Oh fuck! Sister Arianna... that Sisterhood cult leader we captured last month! he realized, as he felt an intense pressure pressing down on him inside his mind. Gaaahhh... shit... forgot about her... Vanderberg’s ‘pet project’... trying to harness and duplicate her hypnotic gaze... and I’ve just fallen into it...

“Ahhh... that’s good,” the silken skinned seductress cooed, stepping closer to the spellbound Roger. “Just stand there and gaze deep into my eyes. Yes, just like that. Enjoy this feeling... this helpless, restful lassitude.” She pulled a small thin dagger from her belt. “Just relax, my dear little man... relax and rest. Trust me... it will all be over in just a moment.”

* * *

Damn, Jared cursed silently, pressing himself at tight as possible against the wall wincing slightly as the passing bullets chipped flakes of the semi-transparent building material at him. He’d made it quite far, all things considered. If nothing else, he’d kept Schweitzer occupied spending time and resources trying to capture him, instead of continuing on with whatever nefarious plan he had hatched. It also said a lot for his physical condition and the level of his skills, that he had managed to take down more than twelve Operatives singlehandedly on his advance towards Schweitzer’s office. At least until he’d gotten pinned down between the intersection of corridor’s A7 and A8.

Well, was fun while it lasted, he thought with a smirk as he checked his gun, finding the chamber empty. My old Drill Sergeant would be proud... no, on second thought, Sergeant Baker would probably criticize me for not bringing along extra ammo, or better conserving what I had. He chuckled, closing his eyes as the six man team moved in on his position. He always was a bit of an asshole...

He opened them again a moment later at the sound of fighting and screaming. Three of the Operatives had been dispatched by a... scantily clad silver skinned redhead with electron circuit lines in her flesh?!? Pushing aside his confusion for the moment, he moved, taking advantage of the distraction, taking down two of the remaining three Operatives from behind. The final Operative, a young dark haired man, attempted to shoot him anyway, firing blindly, regardless of his fellow Operatives in the line of fire. The silver skinned girl dispatched him with a blow to the back of the neck, but the damage was still done. Three of the six man team were dead.

“Damn you, Schweitzer!” Jared growled, slumping down against the wall, holding his head in his hands. “All this waste... just to get to me...” He sighed inwardly. Somewhere along the line, the people hunting him had stopped trying to immobilize him with tranquilizer darts, and had switched over to live ammunition. Schweitzer, fearing for his safety as Jared had drawn ever closer, had taken the kid gloves off, demonstrating his commitment to doing whatever was necessary to prevent anyone from reaching him.

“Director Jared Darkwood? Are you injured, Sir?”

Jared peered up to stare at the exotic beauty before him, hand outstretched. She looked vaguely familiar, though he couldn’t quite place her face. He shook his head. “No, no... just a little banged up and bruised. Thanks for the assist. I would have been road kill if you hadn’t shown up when you did.” He frowned slightly, taking her hand as she easily hauled him to his feet. “Um, yes, thank you. If you don’t mind a silly question... who are you? I can’t shake the feeling that I know you...”

“This unit’s designation is Louise, Director Jared Darkwood. I am... or rather, was, the Logistical Operations Universal Intelligent Sentience program... the computer AI that ran the basic functions of this facility. The body I am temporarily inhabiting belongs to Meredith Gardner, the recently appointed head of the Human Resources Department. Perhaps that is why I seem familiar to you?”

Jared blinked in surprised, mouth opening and closing. After a moment, however, he merely nodded. “Well, Ms. Gardner, at any rate, nice to have you aboard. I’ll assume you’re up to speed about what’s going on. Let’s hurry on. Our goal is literally, just around the corner. If we can get to Schweitzer, we can put an end to all this insanity—”

The gunshot that rang out took them both completely by surprise. The impact spun Jared around, nearly knocking him off his feet. Grunting, dropping to one knee and clutching his shoulder, he looked up at the shooter, feeling a deep stabbing pain in his chest that had nothing to do with the bullet lodged in his shoulder. “Natalia,” he whispered softly, as the buxom brunette stepped forward, gun in hand, as she focused her attention on Louise.

“Natalia!” Louise gasped in shock, barely managing to dodge a series of quick strikes from the dark haired Russian, pulling back to a defensive position. Damnation. That stance... was Krav Maga! With her superior training and conditioning, I am at a distinct disadvantage. She is too good, I have to stay just outside of arm’s length. And as such, I have no way to beat her!

“Uggghnn!” Jared grunted, solving her dilemma by attacking, tackling the surprised Russian girl, holding her tightly around the waist. Louise acted in concert, closing the distance, grabbing Natalia’s arms before she could retaliate by opening fire. Enraged, Natalia twisted and struggled violently, trying to get free, lashing out at Jared with knee lifts and kicks, and at Louise with punches, scratches and head-butts... anything to gain enough space to use her gun again.

“Gyaahh! Get... off me... you filthy...uugghnn!” Natalia yelled, bending her arm, using her elbows to get some leverage and push her silver skinned enemy away. Wrenching back, she managed to free her gun arm, just as a heavy masculine hand came down on her own. “Gyyyyyaaaahhhhhhhhiiieeeee!” she keened, shuddering violently, her body going completely limp. Louise stood up, surprised, and glanced over at Jared.

“Query. What did you do to her?” In response, the weary Director held up his hand.

“Ultrasonic Neuro Remodulator ring, a gift from the boys down in R&D. It incapacitates a subject by temporarily overstimulating the pleasure centers in a person’s brain, a nice non-lethal way of subduing your foes.” He sighed. “This one is just a prototype, though... and I thing I used up the last of its charge stunning ‘Talia.” He started to regain his feet, then groaned, clutching his shoulder. “I’m fine,” he said, waving off her attempt to help him up. “It’s just a scratch... a flesh wound.”

“Director, your statement is incorrect. You are severely injured, and the bullet did not exit the wound.,” she admonished, crossing her arms. “You require medical attention.”

“Later,” he insisted, forcing himself back up. “I’ll report to the medical bay, once this is over, and Schweitzer has been stopped, but for now, we have a mission to complete.”

* * *

“Hello again, Mister President,” Herman Wallace Schweitzer said cordially, as if he were simply ringing up an old friend. “I trust you are doing well?”

“Schweitzer! You bastard!” the President growled in response. “What do you want now? I’ve done what you asked. We’ve begun making the changes you requested, and—”

“Too slow, Mr. President,” Herman replied, slipping on his sunglasses, and lighting up another cigar. “And ultimately too little, too late. You know I have agents throughout the country, in key systems throughout the government, including your cabinet. I know you’ve been purposely dragging your heels, trying to stall until your friends at the Pentagon can come up with a plan to slip a Special Ops team in here to try and take me out.” He smiled wickedly, taking a long deep drag. “But... as I recall, you seem to be having a little trouble. Tell me, Sir, have you found a replacement for Colonel Patterson yet?”

Silence... then: “Colonel Patterson? That was your doing?”

“Of course! I know the details are still a bit sketchy at the moment, but I can save you the trouble and tell you what your people will find. He was shot in while driving along the Interstate, a single bullet to the forehead. He died instantly, causing his car to swerve into oncoming traffic.” He blew a perfect ring of smoke. “If it’s of any interest, the sniper was one of our agents, a young twenty year old college student named Diane.”

“Is that why you called, Schweitzer?” Secretary of State Reynolds yelled. “To taunt us with your obvious superiority?”

“Hmm... yes, actually,” he said with a chuckle. “But also to let you know that I am officially taking you out of the loop. I no longer need to go through ‘official’ channels in order to control this country. I’ve always been more of a ‘hands-on’ kind of man, and thanks to the efforts of a number of my colleagues, I now have the ability to condition and reprogram the entire country at the same time, through the country’s pre-existing communication lines.”

“What? No! You can’t!”

“Actually, yes, I can,” Herman said calmly, bringing up the control for his special enslavement program. “And yes, I will.”

* * *

“Ahhhhhh,” Arianna cried before stumbling back in pain, clutching the back of her skull where Arnie’s PVC pipe had connected. She groaned, sinking to her knees, before succumbing to a second blow. Panting, the doctor turned to his dazed friend, shaking him hard.

“Roger? Hey, are you okay? Man, snap out of it!”

Blinking, groaning, he pointed towards the array. “The... the thing...device... smash it!”

Arnie nodded, raising the pipe, as the lights on the communications array lit up. “Shit!” he grunted, swinging wildly, batting at the device’s control panel.

“Noooo!” Vanderberg yelled out suddenly, tackling Arnie to the ground, hands tight around his throat choking. “I won’t let you destroy the Master’s dream!”

“And I... won’t let Schweitzer win!” Roger managed, reaching in with his bare hands, pulling out clumps of wires and cables with a great heave. Sparks shot out from the console, knocking the executive back as the entire system short circuited. Groaning, stunned, he lay flat on the hard concrete floor staring up at the ceiling, the sound of his own heartbeat heavy in his ears, as his vision flickered, dimmed and went black...

* * *

“...and there!” Herman cheered in triumph... only to frown, and gape in shock. “What the... no! NO! That’s not... what the fuck just happened?” The display to the communications node, which had showed fully functional seconds before now appeared completely dead. “This is impossible! This can’t be happening!”

“Ah, but it is,” Jared Darkwood replied wearily, stepping into the room, one hand clenching the wound in his chest, the other holding his custom Beretta PX4. At his side, Louise stood, holding a standard issue M9 taken from an Operative. “You’re grand scheme is over, Herman. It’s over. You’re done.”

Growling, Herman flipped the small switch on the side of his laptop. “Over? It’s not over until I say it’s over!” A bright blue green flash illuminated the room, pulsing rapidly.

“Gaaaaahhhhh...” Jared shouted, wincing, closing his eyes, shaking his head, Damn... fuck... he got me... can’t move... can hardly... think... uggh... should have... shot him... soon as I came.. into the... damn... room...

Louise, likewise, was stunned, her optic sensors transmitting Schweitzer’s vile programming far more effectively than a simple firewall breach when she was still in solid state form. Her body twitched randomly as lines of code scrolled through her mind, clashing with her own programming, each battling for dominance. Her mouth opened and closed randomly, and her hips continued to buck randomly, as if she were having a seizure. Schweitzer laughed.

“So, now I have both of my nasty little troublemakers in one place,” he crowed with pleasure, walking over to them. “It would be child’s play to shoot and kill you both, with your own guns,” he stated, glancing up as the door opened, and a third individual stepped inside. “But... how boring would that be? Come to me, my dear.”

Smiling wickedly, the brainwashed Natalia strode over to her Master, standing beside him, eager to obey his command. “I think I’ll let you have the pleasure of killing this scum personally, Miss Romenko, considering your past ties with him and all.” He laughed handing Jared Beretta to Natalia. “How does that feel, Darkwood? To know you’re going to meet your end with your own gun, wielded by your beloved ‘Talia?” He laughed again as the brunette cocked the weapon, taking aim.

With a gasp, Louise turned, staring directly at Natalia. “Security override zeta two four seven six alpha gamma six one zeta two oh two seven niner beta sigma five three alpha mark!” Louise stated quickly but concisely.

Natalia froze, her body seizing as her eyes rolled back into her head. As Herman stood there, frowning, trying to figure out what was happening, Natalia suddenly blinked, turned and fired. “Wha... what?” Herman asked, eyes wide, as he fell, dead before his body hit the floor. Gasping again, panting, Natalia dropped the gun, and moved to catch his beloved Jared as he, too, began to sink to his knees. “D... Direktor?” she breathed, staring down at her true Master in horror. ”Boshi noi...“ she cried, wrapping her arms around him. “God... I am so sorry! I did not mean it! I swear! I couldn’t control myself! Forgive me! I didn’t—”

“It’s okay,” Jared said with a wince, gently but firmly pushing her away from his injured shoulder. “I know, little one... I know.” Glancing up at Louise, he scowled. “What did you do? And how did you do it? My head... is still ringing from that pulse. I could barely think let alone act.” He shook his head briskly. “What was that series of codes you spit out just now?”

“A programming override code,” Louise replied. “It basically reset Natalia Romenko’s mental programming back to her original specifications.”

“Hmm... I see. So, Louise, why didn’t you use that before, say, on that armed six man team we fought earlier?”

“Because each Operative has their own unique and separate twenty digit override code,” she replied, with a sigh. “It takes time to state a complete code for just one Operative. It is extremely unlikely that the others in a group would stand by long enough to let me override them all. And incidentally, I’m Meredith, not Louise. My friend was deeply overcome by that damned pulse as you were, Director. She did, however, shield me from the effect, leaving my mind clear and able to act. Once she ceded control of our body over to me, I was able to use the override code listed in her database to free you from Schweitzer’s control.”

“I see. Very interesting,” Natalia said with a nod. “One question. Who are you, and why do you speak like my friend Meredith?”

Laughing, Merry shook her head. “It’s a long story, ‘Talia, and I’ll tell you about it later, but right now we need to get the Director down to medical before he keels over...”

* * *

Epilogue:

Shania and Tanya Jones glanced about at the confusion as they made their way along the corridors of the facility leading towards Shania’s quarters. Technicians were hard at work making repairs, and cleaning up what appeared to be blood splatters in several places. Tanya, newly inducted into the organization by her sister, was noticeably nervous, clutching her older sister’s arm tightly. Shania, for her part, patted her hand, projecting a sense of calmed and serenity she herself didn’t feel. She let out an audible sigh of relief as her Handler, Maria, came into view just as their neared Shania’s room.

“Ah, perfect timing. I was hoping to run into you here,” the raven haired woman stated, nodding to Shania. “And this must be Tanya?” she asked, looking the younger girl over with a critical eye. “Hmm. Very nice. And on the cheerleading squad, you said?” She nodded again. “It definitely shows. Tanya, dear, I want you to go down this corridor to the first elevator you see, slide your ID card into the slot, and press ‘T’ for Training. The attendant there will see that you receive everything you need. Okay?”

“Yes, Ma’am,” Tanya replied automatically. “I shall obey.” Blinking, she glanced at her sister, who nodded, and headed down the corridor as instructed. Once she had departed, Maria gestured to the door, stepping into the room just after Shania.

“So... before we debrief, I suppose you have questions,” she stated, plopping down on Shania’s bed. “As you can see, things are a little screwy here right now. I know you had something of an adventure of your own this weekend, but trust me, you should be glad you weren’t here!”

“Was there an assault, Ma’am?” Shania asked, walking over to her closet, taking out her work out clothes, and beginning to strip down, heedless of her Handler’s envious gaze. “Was the facility invaded? I thought I saw... i mean... out there, it looked like...”

“Blood? Yes, it is blood,” Maria said with a deep sigh. “And no, we weren’t invaded. Not truly. It was actually even worse—one of the senior executives decided to attempt a coup. He reprogrammed the security system, and used the teaching modules to reprogram almost everyone in the facility.” She shuddered slightly, remembering her own experience. “Luckily, Director Darkwood, HR head Gardner, and a few of the technicians from Level three missed the sweep. They managed to stop Schweitzer, who was planning to transmit the enslavement protocol through every cellphone, radio, satellite and internet connection in the world, before he could go through with it. Still, it was a really close shave.”

Shania nodded, standing naked before her Handler, bending over to retrieve a tennis shoe from underneath the bed. “I wondered why it took so long to pass through security and gain entrance today. It’s usually just a quick scan and you’re in. This time it took almost an hour!”

“Uh huh,” Maria nodded, smiling slightly, enjoying the view. “Um, anyway,” she replied after a moment, “things are slowly starting to get back to normal. We had to completely replace the onsite security guards. They never received any ‘training’ protocols specifically in case something like this occurred, so Schweitzer had them gassed. The new trainees are still learning the ropes.” She let out a sigh as her charge turned to face her, now dressed once more. “Now then, let’s talk about what happened with you this weekend. You said you managed to get the mind control device that guy Luke was using...”

* * *

“...and that pretty much wraps things up,” Jared Darkwood replied, leaning back carefully in his recliner, balancing the phone against his ear with his free hand, his other bound neatly in a sling. “My assistant, Miss Romenko, dispatched Schweitzer neatly, a single shot straight through the heart. After tending to my wound, we then set about breaking his control over everyone. Miss Gardner proved invaluable in that fact. Likewise, all the Operative in the ‘field’ that Schweitzer activated were recalled and returned to normal. Aside from the security guards, and Schweitzer himself, there were no other deaths, or serious injuries... well, aside from mine. A few cuts, scrapes, sprains, bumps and bruises... the usual sort of injures one would expect, but nothing that will keep us out of action.” He sighed, squirming slightly in his seat. “In fact, we can resume Operations any time now.”

“Yes, well, Mr. Darkwood, that is all well and good,” the President of the United States replied, “but the fact remains that one of your people basically took this Administration hostage, and very nearly the entire country. I’m afraid I need to give some serious thought to shutting down your organization for good.”

Jared stiffened, biting his lip. “That would be acting in haste, I believe, Mr. President,” he cautioned. “Yes, the situation two days ago was rather desperate, and true, we do operate in a somewhat ‘gray’ area to begin with... but consider the alternative. In just the last month alone, we stopped twenty-two terrorist threats to the US before they could even get past the planning stages. Preventative action, Mr. President. And of course, there are the other missions, assisting the military, the FBI, the CIA, the DEA, and all the other government alphabet groups—”

“No one is challenging your track record, Mr. Darkwood,” the Secretary of State replied, “or the importance of what you do. The issue here is the potential for misuse.” He sighed. “Frankly, I was against your organization from the start. Mind control? Brainwashing and programming normal average citizens, and putting them into mortal peril, all without their knowledge? Putting aside the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, you’ve basically released the genie from the bottle here! While I have every confidence in you and Director Vargas to run the facility with discretion, what’s to prevent another Herman Wallace Schweitzer from coming along in the next week? Or month? Or year? In this situation, I believe the potential bad far outweighs the potential good of your organization. I am afraid I’m with the President on this. Those facilities should be shut down.”

Jared nodded, closing his eyes for a moment, a wide range of emotions showing on his face. Then, panting softly, he calmly reached down towards his pocket, fumbling for a moment, before a slim feminine hand rose up from underneath the desk, pulling his wallet free for him. “Thank you, Talia,” he said with a smile, opening the wallet, taking out a small red and black card. “Ahem,” he said into the phone, clearing his voice. “Mr. President, Mr. Secretary, I respect both of your opinions. To those on the outside looking in, it must seem a very scary concept... having your will, your memories, your very mind whisked away at a moment’s notice, not knowing if your actions are your own or someone else’s doing. I’ve been through the program myself . Believe me, I know the feeling.” He snapped the card in half, peeling it open. “But the fact remains that for better or worse, we are all just cogs in a larger machine. As we turn, we turn other cogs, which in turn, turn yet others—”

“Mr. Darkwood, please,” the President cut in, slightly irritated. “Enough with the metaphors. Don’t make this any more difficult that it has to be.”

“You’re right, Sir. You’re right. So... I’ll make it easy for you. King to Bishop’s Eight. Rook to Queen’s Eight.”

“Castle,” both the President and Secretary of State replied simultaneously, paused, then continued with “Yes, Sir, I am ready.”

“I know,” Jared replied, pulling over the ashtray that Schweitzer had used for his cigars. Using a lighter, he set the card on fire and placed it into the dish, watching as it melted away into nothingness. “Now, listen closely. When I hang up the phone, you will awaken, and continue on with your scheduled day as normal. As the day progresses, you will both find yourselves thinking about my words, about all the good that this facility has done and continues to do. You will find yourself rethinking your position, realizing that the country cannot function without it. Despite your initial misgiving, you will realize that you are confident in Director Vargas and myself being able to run the facility effectively, and will decide to support this organization’s continued use. Do you both understand?”

“Yes, Sir, we understand,” they replied, again, in unison.

“Good. Very good.” He paused, frowning as both men indulged in the momentary pleasure of having pleased their ‘Handler’, then he brought the conversation to an end. Hanging up, he sighed again, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He was beyond tired. And he really needed a vacation.

“Master,” the nude Russian assistant asked, peering up at him from between his thighs. “You are, maybe, being done with your important business for the day?” Jared smiled, loving the sight and sound of her very much, feeling himself begin to respond again even after her recent efforts to ‘relax’ him.

“Yes, I think we are done for the day,” he stated, pushing his chair away from the desk, and pulling her up into his lap. “I’m ready to retire to the bedroom now. I could do with some rest.”

“Just rest?” the brown haired vixen asked, batting her eyelashes at her lover wantonly. Jared shook his head, ruefully.

“Well, when you put it that way,” he replied, leaning in for a quick kiss, “I can always sleep when I’m dead. Come on, girl... and remember, I’m still healing.”

* * *

“Merry?”

“Hmmm? Yes, Master?”

Roger sighed, smirking, as he rolled over onto his side. “How many times must I tell you, you don’t have to call me that?”

Blinking up at him unabashedly beneath his scarlet bangs, she replied cheekily, “At least once more, until it sinks in, Master Dear.”

Rolling his eyes, he sank his fingers into her sides, giving the sexy redhead a quick tickle. “Eeeek! Okay, okay... hahahahahaa.. I giiivee... I geeheheheeeiiive! Sir! SIR! SIIRR!!”

“Well, that’s a start I suppose,” he replied, leaning forward to kiss her deeply, wrapping an arm around her, mindful of the bandages and still-healing burns along his wrists and arms. Staring at her intently for a moment, he sighed. “You know I love you, don’t you, Merry?”

“Yes, Roger, I do,” she replied softly. “On that I have no doubt.”

“And, I love you for you... as yourself, I mean...” he said, blushing slightly.

Meredith resisted the urge to giggle. Dr. Chase had managed to successfully upload Louise back into the computer mainframe, along with the prototype synthetic biomass units, enabling her to truly grow beyond her electronic limitations. Despite the purse, the changes to Meredith’s skin pigmentation had remained, a leftover side effect from the merging process. The doctors had compensated by providing her with medication designed to activate the dormant melanin in her flesh hoping to bring about a more human skin tone. The medication worked, with some success, and though she closer resembled a bronze skinned beach bunny than her normal fair skinned self, she had to admit she kind of liked the change.

And liked it significantly more than Roger.

“Yes, Roger, dear,” she said smoothly, " I am quite aware. So, what is it, love? Whatever it is, you know you can tell me.”

«Excuse me, Owner, Meredith,» Louise interrupted, her voice coming through the bedroom’s intercom even as her image appeared along the wall’s LEDs. «I hate to bother you both in the middle of post-coital discussion,» she said with an all too human chuckle, «but a Mr. Leon Daniels called again, inquiring if you ever plan to call him back, or if he needs to reschedule yet again.»

“Oh, bugger,” Meredith grunted, sitting up from the bed, leaning over to grab her laptop. “Damn. I completely forgot about him... I scheduled his final interview the day of Schweitzer’s failed coup.” She sighed. “I guess I should get dressed and go out to meet him—”

“Or, not,” Roger replied with a smirk. “Louise?”

«Yes, Owner?»

Roger rolled his eyes. “You’re lucky I can’t tickle you in your current form. Louise, have Miss Madison handle the interview, and have her coordinate with Mr. Daniels, and let them both know that the Human Resources manager is completely unavailable for the rest of the day.”

«Of course, Sir. As you wish,» Louise replied with a wink before vanishing. Meredith stared at her lover, totally agog.

“Roger! I can’t believe you just did that!” she said, still smiling, and trying unsuccessfully to project indignation. “What about all of your talk earlier, about our relationship not interfering with our work?”

“Yes, well, screw it,” he said with a chuckle, pulling her back into the bed. “One of the perks of being the boss. Or, at least third on the chain, thanks to the new promotion.” He kissed her softly, tenderly, as she moaned, opening herself up to him. “And you, my dear Meredith, need to learn to delegate! I’m sure the facility can manage to function without us for a few hours.”

They kissed again for a few moments, the coupled, Roger entering her swiftly, and powerfully, bringing his lover to a quick and powerful release. As the need passed, and they settled into a slower, gentler rhythm, Meredith, staring deep into his eyes, broached the question that she knew was on his mind.

“Master? Um, sorry... Roger?”

“Yes, Loveling?”

“You don’t like my new dark tan, do you?”

A momentary pause. “Not... really.”

“You liked me better with silver skin, didn’t you?”

A slight gasp, and a definite twitch between their joined thighs. “Um... well...” he admitted slowly. Meredith giggled, knowing she had just struck gold.

“Admit it... you loved the idea of taking me that way... a silver skinned robogirl... circuitry lines etched into my skin... my mind controlled by a computer... making me completely obedient to my Mas... to my Owner... yes... to my Owner!”

“Gaaahhh... fuck, Merry,” Roger gasped, his thrusting speeding up dramatically. “You don’t know... what you’re doing to me...”

“OOhhh... ohhhhh... mmm... yess...” she hissed, feeling her pleasure rise to match his, wrapping her arms around his neck and holding on for dear life. “Own me... use me... control me... make me yours... make me yours... your silver... skinned... little... robo... slut... aahhhhhhhHHHHHHHH!”

* * *

Waking up hours later, Meredith padded naked into the bathroom. Relieving herself, she splashed a little water on her face, and paused staring at her reflection in the mirror. Grinning, she opened the medicine cabinet, and took out the bottle of pills the doctor had given her for her skin.

She promptly tossed them into the wastebasket and made her way back to bed.

((end))