The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

These 2 pieces come from the March contest run by S.B at the Garden, the theme of which was Software Blunders. Both of these could be construed as written for my kinks, one robot, one set in the 20’s, and its not hard to work out which is which. Thanks also go to my wonderful editor, James, for making these readable, and to OMD for the story titles.

Kissing the Machine

“Seriously, don’t you think this is taking the whole man/machine interface thing a step too far?”

“No, why?”

“Well, because, as I remember, the whole point of this was to enable man—or, in my case, woman—to control the machine remotely, not the other way around!”

He laughed, “It won’t really control you, you know. The software is more designed to speed up your work rate, by picking up on your thought patterns, and adapting to them. It might seem like its putting thoughts in your head, but all it will be doing is picking up on them before your mind realises that you’ve had them. It might only take moments for your brain to pick up on things, but, even in those few moments ...”

“... the computer will have picked up on them and typed the words up on my screen without me even knowing I’d thought them! Surely that’s just scary!”

“Yes, and no. Yes, in the sense of how far computing has come in the last 5 years, and that now, at the start of the twenties, things have become this far advanced. But no, it will still be entirely your output on paper; the computer can’t influence your mind at all.

“Can’t, or won’t?”

“It can’t, that’s all built into the software. It can read your brain signals, but that’s all it does; it can’t influence them in any way.”

“Positive?”

“Positive.”

“Oh alright, then, I’ll be your guinea pig with it. I just hope I don’t live to regret it.”

“You won’t, I promise you. It might just open your mind to how far computing has come in the last few years.”

I laughed, “Well, as long as that’s the only opening of my mind that it will do, I’ll give it a go. So, what next?”

* * *

I soon regretted that question, when he showed me the electrode cap that I had to wear, the only question seemed to be just how much of the national grid this little gadget would be using. And, given that the electricity was going to be directed at my brain, I’m not sure how wise that was, despite his promises that the most I would feel was a gentle tingling sensation.

But, compared to the anti-static bodysuit I had to wear, too, the electrode cap was just a toy. And, seriously, only a scientist could imagine that anyone, other than scientists, would find making that suit silver to be funny.

“Look, if you want to create the first robot transformation of a human, find someone else, I’m not into that sort of thing!” I said, trying to sound annoyed.

“If that was my aim, I wouldn’t be standing here now, looking at you. I’d have blasted a few thousand volts through your mind already and transformed you. Might still, if you stand here annoying me for long enough,” he added, laughing.

“Don’t even think about it!” I replied.

“It just so happens that the best anti-static materials happen to be silver, nothing more, OK?”

“I’ll believe you; thousands wouldn’t!”

“Under the circumstances, I imagine you won’t like the next bit, then!” he exclaimed while placing a large mask/helmet over my face.

“Silver, I guess?” I asked, my voice slightly muffled.

“Yes, it is. Hang on, let me put the speakers on. Can you hear me better now?”

“Perfectly, but I wouldn’t mind getting out of here, all the same.”

“Sorry, no can do. Just need to connect you up to the computer, and ...”

I felt something seem to plug into the back of the helmet thing, then ...

“Now, just to switch on, run the software, and then the author may begin her latest work, using nothing but pure thought.”

He was right. I felt no more than a gentle tingle, and I jokingly thought to myself, “Hello, computer, nice to make your close acquaintance.”

Unsurprisingly, the computer didn’t reply.

Jeff shouted, though, and I soon worked out why: the power had tripped somewhere. My mind was no longer in an electric field. Only for a few seconds, though, as the back-up generator kicked in, and power returned. “Funny,” I thought, “that tingle seems a lot more powerful now. Not painful, just stronger. But ...”

I was just about to tell Jeff this, when my brain itself went AWOL, just as a strong pulse of electricity jolted through me. I didn’t know it, but the power surge from the generator kicking in seemed to corrupt the software, which was now doing its own thing in my mind. And given that my last thought before the power cut was that I hoped no one ever saw me dressed up like this: looking like a robot. The machine, however, turned the whole idea the wrong way: instead of allowing me to control the computer, it was going to let the computer take control of me!

Given that my thoughts were completely opposed to this idea, the computer decided it was time to shut my mind down, and just carry on with its work, so it put me to sleep.

Next thing I know...

“Meredith, Meredith, how are you feeling?” I heard Jeff asking.

“All processes functioning correctly.” I heard my voice say, slightly monotone, but it definitely wasn’t me speaking!

“Pardon, what?” I heard Jeff reply, slightly confused.

“All processes functioning correctly, full computer control of human female has been completed satisfactorily.” came the reply—again, in my voice, but not of my volition.

“Go into standby mode,” I heard Jeff say, then everything went blank.

What seemed like moments later—but was, in fact, two hours later—I woke up again.

“What the hell ... ? Hey! I can think for myself again!”

“Yes, I’ve managed to do a temporary override of the computer controlling you.”

“I don’t like the sound of the word ‘temporary’ in there.” I said grumpily. “So how about returning me to normal?”

He laughed, “I should be able to do that, but only in time, its all going to take a while. And the snag is, I need to keep your brain functioning in the meanwhile, and ...”

“Let me guess: the only way to do that is under computer control?”

“Sorry, Meredith, but yes, it is. But I promise, in a week or two,” (“hopefully,” he muttered under his breath) “I should be able to return you to normal.”

“Gee, thanks for that! So, what now, back to life as a computer-controlled robot, I guess?”

“Technically, you’re not a robot.” he replied, trying to laugh, “Your body is still flesh and blood, and your mind is still organic, its just that it’s computer-controlled.”

“Thanks, that’s so much better!” I replied, sarcastically, “Not really a robot, just acting like one!”

“Sorry.” was the last word I heard as a human for a while, as the computer snatched back control over my mind, and I became an obedient drone yet again.

I ‘felt’ Jeff kiss me, as the computer acknowledged that contact had been made between his lips and mine.

“Kissing the machine is permitted.” I heard my voice say.

* * *

[Several months later]

I groaned, “Oh my God, what hit me?”

Jeff laughed, “Yes, I guess its a bit hard having to think for yourself again, after all this time.”

He ducked out of the way as my hand tried to hit him, but missed. “So I’m finally back to normal, am I?”

“Yes, you seem to be, judging by that reaction, as robots aren’t permitted to hurt humans!”

That was the moment I did catch up with him, and hit him hard.

“Ouch!”

“Serves you right.”

“So alright, before I let you go, what was it like?”

“Like?”

“Being a computer-controlled drone?”

“Weird. But at the same time, it was an interesting experience, and might influence a future story. But no, I’ll write it all myself, no help from friendly, or otherwise, computers! Just one thing before I go, Jeff.”

“Yes?”

“All that sex as a robot was amazing, you naughty boy!”

He just blushed.

I winked, “Maybe we can do it again, sometime soon?

“You actually liked it?”

“I don’t know if I actually enjoyed it, or whether the computer made me do so, but yes, it was great fun. And alright, that time as a computer-controlled drone was actually fun.”

Before he mentioned changing me back again, I disappeared out the door. I knew, and perhaps the computer knew, too, I would never have said “no,” had he made that offer! ;)