The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Something In the Water

Chapter 23 Changing Faces

Friendly’s Tavern, one of those weird dives that exudes a strange sense of community in defiance of the true retro furnishings and random wall skrawls offering sexual favors. It’s a small place with faded paint and cracked linoleum floors. Dark tinted front windows huddled between storefronts and illuminated by harsh neon.

Local business hours marked it as being closed. But the owner had opened it up as a favor to his friend.

Three people sitting at a small booth in a closed bar in the middle of the day. The Detective holding a lit cigarette and huddled over a cup of coffee, mostly empty. Daniel and Sharon together across from him, two cups of coffee, and a pot cooling on the table in front of them. It had been long nights for all of them.

The conversation had been going on for almost an hour now. Daniel hearing about Malarkey and Police Officer Moore. Asking questions about Andrew. Bernake reading the letter given to Daniel, hearing in great detail everything that had happened in the previous nights. Sharon filling in the blanks about her side.

Bernake’s thoughtful eyes, he chuckles, “Alright kid, you think you have an army.”

“It’s not like that Detective.”

The skepticism plays across his face,“ Sun Tzu? Musashi? The way you’ve been talking you’re planning for a war. So to take a page from that warrior philosopher: what’s you’re plan? What’s your goal? What does defeating Andrew mean?”

“Having him surrender—“

“Or killing him.” Sharon says

The attention shifts,their eyes fall on her with surprise. Daniel’s gaze looking down upon her. It wasn’t so much that she said it, but how.

She stares back frankly.”If it comes to that” she adds confidently.

Bernake shakes his head in disbelief, his attention full on Sharon”You sound pretty committed to this idea.”

Her eyes stare back squarely,” You think he doesn’t deserve it for what he has done?”

The Detective ignores the statement,“Do you have any idea what that entails?”

Agitation plays across her face, “What do you mean?”

His eyes stare cooly back“Have you ever killed someone Sharon?”

Shrug,“It doesn’t matter.”

The Detective scoffs his eyes move between the two of them, his words solemn, “ It’s not like the movies girl. I’ve done it before. I wouldn’t want to have to do it again.” His words were for both of them, but his eyes stared mostly at her.

Bernake staring hard across the table at her, critical. Daniel’s eyes passing between them in the midst of a sudden and awkward silence. Uncertainty starting to crack into Sharon’s face.

Her head turns down towards her lap.

“I don’t know if I like this plan Daniel,” Bernake says after a moment.

Daniel sighs, slowly understanding what Sharon was going through. Hers was the burden to bear. With her had been any and all true suffering. His reaches his hand out towards her and squeezes it reassuringly.Sharon turns her head to face his. There’s water there.

“Excuse me” she says. She gets up and walks towards the bathroom.

Daniel’s eyes follow her. As the bathroom door closes his attention turns back towards the Detective.

Bernake patiently waiting, “Even if I can understand her motives Daniel I can’t condone doing it.”

He nods his head,“It shouldn’t have to come to that Detective” he begins levelly. “That’s why I need to see his father. I need to find out as much as I can about Andrew before Friday.” The old scene flashes before him in his mind. Andrew shooting Immanuel. The tears in Andrew’s eyes, the screaming regret seen in the fractional moment that their eyes met. “What I saw last night with Andrew...I get the feeling that if I know enough about him... I can get him to surrender.”

“That kind of power can change people Daniel.”

Daniel’s head floats back towards the bathrooms. He pushes his attention back towards the detective.“What other options do you have? Do you like any of them?”

Bernake nods thoughtfully, “I can wait.”

Confusion, “What do you mean?”

“Sharon, she’s back there. Don’t worry. I need to time to think about this anyway.”

Daniel smiles slightly. He nods, sliding up out of the booth, “Thanks.”

* * *

She takes deep breaths, her arms propped over the sink, her head bent. Her eyes are watering, but she trying not to cry. Immanuel...her baby brother. What did he ever do wrong? What did ever do to deserve it? He was the just a sweet little boy. Always polite. Always dutiful, maybe a little shy, but what kid wasn’t at his age? And he was a good listener, always looking up to her and...Her mind strains on the next thought: Her mother. Her head raises to stare up at the ceiling. She’d almost forgotten.

She was out there. Somewhere. She had to be.

The door opens suddenly behind her. Her head turns to see Daniel standing in the doorway, staring at her, a look of concern standing plainly across his face.

“You okay?” he says.

She bites her lip and scoffs, “I will be.”

He steps closer, wrapping his arm around her. She slides into his open embrace. His warmth pressed hard against her. She feels his head resting against hers.

“I can’t do that Sharon” he whispers to her, “I know what he’s done to you, but...“his words trail off as his mind collects itself,”I don’t what happens if we just try to kill him.”

She nod her head against his, “How do you know if you’re going to have a choice?”

She can feel his breath against her neck. His head leaning there as he thinks for several moments. “Because if I go in thinking I’m going to lose,” he begins ,”I will. All I can do is plan as best as I can so that it doesn’t happen.”

She’s not crying, but her dark eyes are watering, quiet, and contemplative. She’s breathing deeply, slowly. She pushes against his arms. The grip gives, but she stays close. Her eyes look into his. How can he be willing to forgive him? Given the chance, why would Andrew ever stop? She says nothing to him, her head just nodding slowly.

* * *

He’s standing just outside the bathroom door, waiting, the detective. His eyes pass between Daniel and Sharon, he gestures towards the front of the building, through the tinted windows, “Looks like you have a tail.”

Daniel following Bernake’s eyes out the bar’s tinted windows. The street in front is mostly empty. The occassional car passing by, and a young woman sitting at a bench just across the street. Apparently just reading.

“She’s been outfront the almost the entire time we’ve been in here,” he hears the detective say, “she’s walked away every few minutes, sometimes crossed the street . I even saw her peer in the window once.”

Daniel nods his head. He scrutinizes the woman for the first time; sunglasses, brunette, pale freckled skin, moderate curves, and a pretty face. Her head was bent down like she was reading the story in front of her, but there was something off about her body language. The way her head moved back and forth staring away from them. Almost like she was trying too hard not to look at the building in front of her. Almost like she was trying too hard to be inconspicuous.

“Do you recognize her?” Bernake asks.

He thinks back to the fight at Sharon’s house, trying to remember details of his attackers; all of Andrew’s new slaves. But the whole thing had been a chaotic mess. Taking in that kind of minutiae had seemed pointless. Do you recognize her? he asks his creature within.

He feels the equivalent of a shrug come back as a reply. <I only pay attention to what you pay attention to Daniel.>

“Well?” he hears the detective say.

Daniel shrugs,“ I was focused on trying to get at Andrew, not the identities of the people that were attacking me.”

His head turns to Sharon who just shrugs herself. ”She could just be a reporter,” She offers.

Bernake nods his head,“I say we play it safe here.” His eyes turn behind the two of them, the emergency exit resting behind them. “You could probably sneak out the back alley. I’ll stay here and lock up the place.”

Daniel’s eyes continue to stare out the window, at the woman, it was too much of a coincidence. It had to be. He finds himself thinking about those words written in his notebook. Words written by Sun Tzu about spies:

The enemy’s spies who have come to spy on us
must be sought out, tempted with bribes.
Thus they will become converted
spies and available for our service.

It was an opportunity offered. He couldn’t pass it up. He shouldn’t. Daniel shakes his head.“Or we could just confront her.”

Bernake stares at Daniel, “You have something in mind?”

* * *

Alyssa had been ordered to keep an eye on Daniel. It was just that simple. A one time college student canvasing to make money on the side was supposed the mind and body eyes of her master. She had to remain unnoticed, and report anything that she saw to Andrew.

To say that she didn’t know what she was doing would be an understatement. She had no experience in anything like it. She’d stayed two cars behind him the whole ride into Havenbrook, almost losing him a couple times as he made sudden turns and stops. She could only wonder as to why he had done such things.

After he’d gone into the bar she’d sat in the car for a little bit. But as time passed she’d started to worry that there was a side entrance or maybe a back exit.

So she’d checked the back. She’d put her face up against the tinted windows to look inward, seeing him sitting there, talking with a man that she didn’t recognize. She’d tried to play the non-

chalant pedestrian as she walked back and forth, even picked up a newspaper to make it seem like she was just reading.

She didn’t think that he noticed her. She hoped that he didn’t.

She’d watched him walk out the front door with Sharon. He’d moved right past his parked car and just kept going. As the two of them rounded the corner she had no option, but to follow. And she did.

She caught a glimpse of them ducking down the alley way behind the bar. Alyssa’s steps became a trot as she sought to keep up with them. She hated to think what the master would do to her if she lost them.

As she rounded the corner it seemed like her fears were confirmed. They didn’t seem to be anywhere in sight. There didn’t seem to be anyone in sight. She moved further down the alley, checking doorways and behind trash cans as she moved further in; away from the street.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

The words sent a shiver down her spine. She turned suddenly. It was the stranger she’d seen sitting with Daniel in the bar. He stood at the mouth of the alleyway she’d come in from. Something seemed wrong with him being there. Maybe it had been a trap. But she decided in an instant to try and play it innocent.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

His eyes looked behind her. He nodded his head,“Daniel.”

Again she quickly turned her around. Her eyes bulged. The other master, Andrew’s most hated enemy rounded a bend further down, approaching her. It had been a trap. Her heart sank. She had to get out of it.

Her muscles bulged as she gained build, quickly making an effort to turn and escape the way she had come, through the detective, but it was too late. His gun was up and pointed at her. She hesistated. A fraction of a second later and she felt a hard mass slam into her from behind, and ironclad arms wrapping around her body.

She struggled, yelled, tried to make noise, but it was an entertainment district in the middle of a week day, a back alley on top of that. No one was around to hear her. But still she fought, pushing, screaming, trying to bite at him.

But he was strong, stronger than her, the masters always were.

A fierce knock came to the back of her head, a brief pain and everything went dark.

Daniel had her.

* * *

<Are you sure you want to do this Daniel? You told me that you didn’t want to make anymore slaves.>

I need information. I need to be able to feed information to Andrew. This seems like the only way. I’m just taking a slave away from someone else.

<Okay...But I don’t know how well the reimprinting might go.>

The Friendly Tavern’s basement.

The woman laying on her back atop a long metal table. Her arms bound up with zipties underneath. Her legs the same against the table’s legs. Her clothes are mostly untouched. The pants that she wore are off, a table cloth covering up what would otherwise be an exposed snatch. Her head faces the ceiling, her mouth gagged.

Daniel contemplating, sitting in his chair alongside her.

Detective Bernake leaning against the wall a few paces off in the shadows, observing. His brow deeply furrowed. The troubled conflict playing across his face.

Daniel holds her wallet in his hands, his eyes looking over the identification held within. Alyssa Stone, age 21. There’s a student ID from a local community college. Just another random woman, another person taken away from their everyday life in order to fulfill another’s need.

He stands up and hands the contents over to the detective. His head shifts between the woman and Bernake “Are you sure that you want to see this?”

The detective shakes his head, “This feels wrong Daniel.”

“This is the way it has to be.”

“Don’t try to give me that bullshit son. How do you think every great despot of our age justified what they did?”

His eyes fall back on the girl behind him. His attention back on Bernake. He shrugs his shoulders, “It’s kind of late to turn back Detective.”

Bernake shakes his head in disbelief, “I know. I don’t have to like it though.” His eyes turn back towards the woman on the table, bound, gagged, her head up and staring at them. “Bondage has never been something I’ve liked and that” he says gesturing to the table “that looks too much like rape.”

Daniel head turns back towards the woman on the table. He nods his head,”Yeah. If it disgusts you, why are you going to watch it?”

“Do you enjoy doing this Daniel?”

He keeps looking at the table, the beautiful woman there, tied up, helpless, begging an action that seems compounded by the necessity of the moment. Long smooth white legs, a pretty face freckled. He admits it to himself, but he can hardly vocalize it. There is indeed a part of him that is aroused. There is indeed a part of him that wants her in this way.

“And that’s why I’m staying here.” The detective says.

A shame floods over him.The nagging reminder of the perspective to keep, Daniel thinks with a nod. “I understand it now” he says.

* * *

He’d stood there watching him, his wonderboy, as his partner had called him. And to Charlie’s credit, he’d had a good point there. The moment that he’d let Daniel walk out that door... The moment that he knew that doing that meant that Daniel would try to settle this on his own. The moment that he didn’t call the federal government with the proof like he really should have. The moment he did all of this it all became his responsibility. What Daniel did became his responsibility.It was like he was his father.

Bernake scoffs, shaking his head at that thought.

Daniel pulling off his pants and underwear, walking forward to straddle the table, the half naked woman tied up there.

Realization crosses the girl named Alyssa’s eyes. He watches her begin to struggle fervently. Her body mass tripling in seconds. Her head jerking left and right. The table shifting to either side by small degrees, but still staying up. The zipties along her forearms and calves biting hard into her soft skin as it expanded. He can see the pressure that she’s working against them. He can almost feel the cringe worthy pain that they must be inflicting on her. But the bindings hold.

Daniel pauses just at the edge of the table, his head turning back towards the detective, as if looking for his affirmation.

He understood why Sharon hadn’t wanted to watch this happen.

His wary eyes. He’s come this far already. There is no turning back. All he can really do is take a deep breath, help in whatever way he can and hope everything turns out for the better. He nods conflicted.

Daniel nods, his head hanging low. Pauses. His attention turns towards the woman. He mounts the table, pulling off the cover they had placed over her lower half. His hips press into her.

Her body rocks back and forth, fighting. Her eyes wild. He can hear her voice howling against the gag.

His rhythmic humping plunging into her open snatch. In and out. In and out. Over and over again. He grunts as his load explodes into her.

The struggling slowly subsiding. The howling dying away.

Daniel stops, his arms propped up over her. He’s panting quietly. His head looks down at her.

Her head falls back against the table. Her body relaxes first and then suddenly goes limp.

Detective Bernake approaches. It had been fast. He hadn’t expected it to be so fast. What does he expect to see? What should he have expected?

He bends down on the ground, scrutinizing the woman’s face. Her eyes, once full of an almost fervent hatred and fear stare empty forward. Her jaw slack against the gag. Every muscle in her body loose and limp...like-

In a sudden jolt of fear the places two fingers underneath her neck. His head shifts back behind him, looking at her chest.

His muscles relax. Relief floods over him. She has a pulse. Her chest is rising and falling as she breathes slowly.

Bernakes pulls the gag away from her face. His eyes turn back towards Daniel who’s already putting his pants back on.

“If it’s anything like how it happened with Azuma it should be around ten minutes” he says.

The Detective turns his attention towards him,“Before what?”

Daniel’s pause, “Before those eyes gain focus” he slips his shoes on, “before she wakes up a different person with a new master.”

Detective Bernake nods his head. Even with the preamble that he’d been offered by Daniel it seemed like a lot for him to take in. It was quite a difference between hearing about something and actually seeing it happen right before his eyes. He stands up, his head never leaving the slack jawed stare of the woman on the table in front of him. Her muscles spasming periodically against the restraints.

He hears the basement door open behind him.“You going somewhere?” he says without turning his head.

Daniel pauses at the door,“You got me thinking detective. There’s someone that I need to go see.”

He nods,“Ms. Pappadakus.”

“Yeah.”

He hears the door close behind him, and Daniel’s steps on the stairway upward.

* * *

He feels her inside of him. Happy moments of youthful discovery. Elegant moments of lustful, beautiful sex. Lonesome rejections by men who were looking for far less than she had hoped for. Half-formed images standing free of any chronological anchor. Sometimes she’s a little girl playing with old friends. Other times she’s a woman dealing with the grind and monontony of teaching, brushing away the advances of immature students and faculty. Here and there, bits and pieces of strong emotional moments thrown at him as he pushed himself into the deeper recesses of her mind. Nikki Pappadakus, the person.

It’s a different orderly tending to the front desk from the night before. He asks for his ID, signs him in and lets him through. That knowing smile crossing the orderly’s face. The brief conversation. Yes he was the same Daniel Bates that he’d seen on the news.

And then he’s on the elevator going up to the third floor alone. The bells chiming away as the floors slowly pass by. His mind thinking about what the man had told him at the desk. She was in the recovery unit. She was in the recovery unit.

It’s almost six in the evening now. Bright sunlight still pouring through the side window in the small room. She’s alone. The television turned off. Her eyes are groggy and dozing. The scene before him drastically changed from what he remembers. The tubes are gone from her mouth. The IV’s removed from her forearms. No longer is there a heartbeat monitor softly bleeting in the late night evening.

She’s just a woman, in a bed, dozing in a spring afternoon.

He stares from the doorway quietly for several long moments, not sure what to say. Not sure what to do. He doesn’t know the meaning of what happened the night before with her. He doesn’t know how much has changed and how much hasn’t. All he knows is what he had wanted to happen in that brief exchange with her. And he doesn’t know what it means if it came true.

His hand knocks against the doorway. “Hey.”

She turns in her bed, taking in a deep breath and exhaling, her hands rubbing at her face, pushing the sleepiness away from her eyes.

Daniel approaches slowly, his words soft,“I was hoping that you might be better.”

Her motion pauses at the sound of his voice. Her eyes open wide to look upon the man standing before her. He sees her eyes harden as they recognize who it is standing in front of her. She pulls herself away from him the sheets pressing against her open body.“Keep the hell away from me” she barks.

Daniel stops still several feet away from her bedside. His head lowers, nods with the slow realization of what had passed. This wasn’t Nikki anymore. What had he wanted to do that night really had. She was free. “So it really did happen“ he says just above a whisper.

She shakes her head in disgust. Her face framed in anger,“You’re a sick bastard” she accusses.

He nods his head again. His eyes fall timidly on her. The way she looks like cornered animal, afraid of him. He feels that familiar shame at what he did flood over him. He shouldn’t have done it. He shouldn’t have let himself do it. But he wanted her. He’d wanted her so bad and he hadn’t thought there was any harm in it. He chews at his lower lip,“Yeah. I deserve that.”

She just sits there, pulled away from him. Her eyes accusing, burning against his skin.

“Nikki” He begins.

“Ms. Pappadakus,” she retorts.

He nods,“Ms. Pappadakus,” he says shamefaced, his eyes averted, “I’m sorry for what I did.”

Her face remains cold her words like ice,“Just get the fuck out of here Daniel. We don’t have anything to say.”

He turns towards the open hospital room door, his feet clicking against the linoleum as he makes an about face. He stops at the doorway. There was something that he wanted to know. Even if she didn’t answer, even if she wouldn’t answer, he had to ask. His head half turns towards her, his eyes looking within, “The way you turned out...It wasn’t me thinking about Lydia that made it that way. It was something you tried to hide coming to the surface wasn’t it?”

He hears nothing in reply.

“I never would have guessed” he continues, “that someone who seemed so cold and arrogant could be so desperately seeking the warmth of another in her own life.”

Still silence remains the only answer.

Daniel nods his head, as if getting all of the answer that he had expected,“I’ll leave you alone now Ms. Pappadakus.”

“I never would have guessed that a boy getting a chance to live out his fantasy would regret doing it so much.” Her words, softer than they were. The faint edges of their own humanity whispering out to Daniel.

Daniel stops. He turns back towards her. Her body rests relaxed on her bed, her eyes still looking him over dutifully, but the hard edge noticeably gone from them. How did she know that? How could she have known that? Unless—“How much of my life did you see?” He asks.

“It doesn’t change anything Daniel,” she says firmly.

He nods, “I’m trying to do right by this Ms. Pappadakus.”

“Nikki.”

Daniel smiles thoughtfully.

“Why are you here Daniel? Are you looking for forgiveness?”

He shakes his head, “I’m looking for atonement.”

She looks back at him quizzically, “What are you trying to do?”

* * *

It’s the evening on the Thursday.

Hannah’s house.

Andrew sitting in the apartment kitchenette surrounded by his throng of naked women. Minus one. The sheet of paper sitting on the table in front of him. His hand is shaking.

You’ve been sloppy. And cruel. We need to talk. And if you won’t I’m pretty sure the federal government will. I don’t demand your acquiescence.

At the bottom of the note is a phone number.

Shock registers clearly across his face. The shock quickly turns to anger.

“You motherfucker!” he screams reaching for the paper and throwing it into the garbage behind him.

He sits there for several more moments, breathing deeply, seething. His mind clearly thoughtful. Several moments more and he sighs, his head wandering back towards the garbage can. “Shit” he says in an almost whine.

Andrew stands up, walking towards the receptacle and pulling the scrunched sheet of paper out of it. He opens it up in front of him, staring at the number.

His head shakes. His shoulders sag.