The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Stop!

Chapter 2 — Stop Changing

Jen tapped the button on the side of the pocket watch, and exclaimed: “Carry on!” Permission granted, the world began to move around her again. Carlos completed whatever gesticulation he’d been in the middle of when she had stopped time, and managed to utter about half a syllable before stopping in surprise.

“Okay, I saw that. You changed your clothes.” Jen nodded, but then he continued: “You had my shirt on before.”

“Yours?” Jen was again disappointed to find herself not in command of the situation, even if she could surprise her friend by changing just about anything in the room around them. She’d kind of hoped he’d pay more attention to the outfit she was wearing now, a figure-hugging velvet affair, purple so deep it was almost black, that she hoped would show off her figure without seeming too desperate, or highlighting that she was a little plumper than she would have liked. The T-shirt she’d taken off was just one of many loose, faded ones bearing the iconic images of 80s’ pop culture. She hadn’t paid attention to what she was wearing, because she hadn’t expected to have anyone visiting today.

“Yeah, the wolf one. You borrowed it at the barbecue last summer, after Samson spilled relish on yours.” She remembered the incident as soon as he said it, and couldn’t believe she’d managed not to return something. “I get a smile when I see you wearing it, but I think I like that outfit a bit more.”

Just for a moment, Jen was indecisive. She didn’t know if she should hand him back his shirt, or apologise profusely, or thank him for the compliment, or wonder if he was checking her out. In any other circumstance, she would have spent a minute dithering, not really following the conversation as she tried to work out to say. But here, she had an advantage.

“Stop!”

Now she had as long as she needed to think of a witty answer. This little technological marvel would give her plenty of time to think, and maybe that would give her the confidence boost she needed to hint to Carlos how much she wanted him. But she couldn’t use it too often, taking a minute to think of a response like you might see in some sitcom scene, because she had to say ‘stop’ and ‘carry on’ when pressing the button. The watch sampled the echoes to determine how far her body extended and where to create the field, or something. So even if Carlos wasn’t aware just how long she’d spent thinking, he’d hear the words and know that she’d stopped time.

She still wanted to know how the chocolate had gone unnoticed, though. Then another idea sprung to mind, the kind of thing she would never normally have considered. This wasn’t an idea worthy of Jennifer Fallow, a hard working history teacher. This was a thought straight from the inner child she thought she’d buried, or at least her inner punk-goth teenage rebel. She would never even have considered it, but if he’d never know then it didn’t hurt anyone, right?

She went back to her room and pulled the top shirt off the laundry hamper; it was indeed the Red Wolf one, bearing an image from an album cover that she’d seen in Carlos’s flat but couldn’t remember actually listening to. Then while she was there, she peeled off her day-off jeans and replaced them with a tight skirt matching her top, split up to mid thigh level. He’d approve of that, and depending how her experiment turned out, it might stop him asking what she’d been up to if he didn’t notice the shirt.

He was wearing another T-shirt with some pop-culture significance Jen didn’t really get. He’d probably chosen it ironically, Carlos did that kind of thing. He’d pick an outfit as a parody of some fan culture sometimes, and she rarely paid enough attention to notice. This one seemed kind of familiar, a group of wolfmen howling at the moon, but she didn’t know it well enough to see if it was an actual fashion statement, or an ironic parody, or even just something he’d pulled on because it was on top of the pile (as if he ever did that).

Carlos was standing perfectly still, just like he had been for the ten minutes while she’d got changed, but she knew she could move his fingers at least from the previous experiment. This might be a little harder, but she found that it wasn’t too difficult to pose him. Like a giant doll, in a way. She tried to peel his shirt off over his head, a surprisingly awkward task. She lifted his hands over his head, slid the T-shirt up, and then pointed his arms out in front of him like a zombie so that she could take the shirt off. Then it was just a case of reversing the procedure to put the Red Wolf shirt on him. She might have found her hands lingering on his chest for just a moment, and discovered that his pecs were just as firm as in her wildest fantasies. But she couldn’t enjoy that touch for more than a second, before it dawned on her that this was almost like touching the guy in his sleep.

Maybe he had no sense of taste or something, and really couldn’t tell the difference between coffee and chocolate. But he’d recognised that shirt even when he’d only been here less than half an hour, so surely he’d notice if his own clothes changed. Still, Jen’s heart was racing as she tapped the button to restart time. She was halfway through the “Carry on!” before she noticed Carlos’s hands were still pointing straight up in the air.

How would she explain that to him?