The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Three Fingers

CHAPTER 24 — What Do Billionaires Get For A Birthday Present?

“And how do you find your job here now Mr. Paloka?” asked Mrs. Ding as they sat in The Lightning Bolt with Mrs. Valentina-Smith.

“Excellent, Mrs. Ding. I seem to have bedded myself in now and I can start to do what I was hired to do and improve the efficiency of the hotel through more cost efficient acquisition techniques.” He smiled. “Thank you for asking, but I feel you are being polite. The intricacies of my employment must be very boring for anyone but me.”

“Mr. Paloka is being too modest,” said Mrs. Valentina-Smith. “He has had a marked effect in the hotel, never mind his department, since he joined. I am very pleased he is here with us.”

Mrs. Valentina-Smith’s real opinion of Mr. Paloka was very different. Her pride and joy, the warehouse developing Unit 13 for her had been destroyed. Totally destroyed. Blown up in fact. It had happened a couple of days ago when all the scientists and their staff were away from the building. Mrs. Valentina-Smith had relied on automated defenses for cost reasons and, somehow, they had failed her. Her protections didn’t fail her and there was no comeback onto her, so she was free to continue.

She still had all the reports and paradigms used to make the successful Unit 13 so she had the possibility to start all over again. She had immediately checked her finances and determined it was possible, but this time she would be marketing them on the free market and not keeping the technology in-house as she wanted to do. She had lost so much money so far and would be using the last of her financial resources to restore her position in this market that she had no alternative.

The process of rebuilding was already started but she was still trying to determine who had done it. She needed to know that in order to eliminate him or her from the equation. So far, there was only Mr. Paloka in the frame and her resources didn’t extend to proving who had done the deed. She had to use her instincts, but that was fine. She trusted her instincts and her instincts told her Mr. Paloka was somehow the one who had blown up the warehouse complete with Units 12 and 13. Unit 12 was no match for Unit 13 or Unit 8, but was still useful to have around. It was the breakthrough that indicated the way to Unit 13.

Therefore, in order to pave the way to her success in this venture, she determined she had to get rid of Mr. Paloka somehow. And she knew exactly how to do that without any comeback onto her.

Mrs. Valentina-Smith was optimistic about this venture now she had the staff and the knowledge to successfully complete the next Unit. Her plans and research had indicated the nearness to an improvement to Unit 13 that was breathtaking. The costs were minimal and could be afforded. She had decided to go ahead with this improvement in order to immediately gain a monopoly in this area as competitors would be seriously put off by the perceived costs of developing their own. To that end, she had already committed her finances to the manufacture of Unit 14 as a prototype for the full Unit 15.

She had already ensured Mr. Paloka would not interfere with her plans this time. She was just waiting for her counterstroke to come to fruition. Now, when she had a moment, she had to decide what to do with Unit 8. Her inclination was to remove Unit 8 completely, to eliminate competition, but it had to be done without her being implicated in any way. So far she hadn’t thought of anything, but she was confident she would. She was Mrs. Valentina-Smith after all.

Mrs. Ding smiled at this polite small talk. Of course they would never say anything other than complete support to an outsider. Then her smile widened as she saw her daughter enter. She raised her eyebrows when she saw Unit 8 follow her daughter in to the area.

“Hello Jun,” she said. “Happy birthday.”

“Yes. Happy birthday Miss Ding,” chorused Mr. Paloka and Mrs. Valentina-Smith.

Ding Jun smiled and thanked them. Her mother said, “Did you manage to buy Unit 8 Jun? I must say I tried myself but I was told it was not for sale.” She looked at Mrs. Valentina-Smith questioningly.

“No mother. I have only hired Unit 8 for my duration here. I tried to buy it but they said the same to me. I happened to ask at the right time when Unit 8’s owners were renewing its contract with the hotel. It was pure luck I was there then and that the hotel deliberately didn’t set up pre-bookings but left it on a first come first served basis.”

“I am sorry,” said Mrs. Valentina-Smith. “But we have hired Unit 8 ourselves for the duration and its owners simply refuse to sell.”

If you tell me the name of the owners, I will be happy to negotiate with them myself,” said Mrs. Ding. Miss Ding concurred.

“Again, we have to refuse. That was part of our agreement in hiring Unit 8 in the first place. Those owners do know a good thing when they have one it seems,” Mr. Paloka explained. “However, I can say we have already made arrangements to rehire Unit 8 in the future on a regular basis. It costs us an arm and a leg, but Unit 8 is so very popular with our guests. Please, do not hesitate to request Unit 8 for your next visit and I’ll make sure you are at the head of the line for when it becomes available.”

Mrs. Ding smiled. It was all she could do. She was taking this rather badly and was using all her sangfroid not to show it. Her daughter could see it though. Mrs. Ding changed the subject. “I have a present for you Jun. Apart from the ones you already have I mean.”

Ding Jun looked surprised, and then happy. She smiled in anticipation. “What is it mother?”

Instead of answering, Mrs. Ding looked at Unit 8 and nodded. Unit 8 moved away from behind Ding Jun’s chair to behind Mr. Paloka, whereupon it grabbed him by the upper arms and lifted him from his chair. Mr. Paloka cried, “Hey! What are you doing Unit 8?” Unit 8 didn’t reply. It just walked away with Mr. Paloka held in the air at arm’s length.

Miss Ding looked at her mother for an explanation.

“I bought you Mr. Paloka for your mansion darling. I thought such a superior specimen would be a magnificent addition to your rapidly expanding presence.”

Miss Ding laughed and clapped her hands. “Thank you mother,” she said as they hugged. “I never expected that.”

Her mother smiled. She was happy. It was very difficult to elicit such a reaction from her daughter. No doubt it was her own fault, making certain her daughter never had to want for anything. But that made it imperative for her to really know and understand her daughter. To know exactly what she wanted and what she needed. She had been exploring her daughter’s motivations, likes and dislikes recently for just this reason and was surprised at what this exercise had thrown up. Mrs. Ding was very happy as she sat down smiling.

Mrs. Valentina-Smith started to make her excuses to leave and celebrate but Miss Ding cut her short. “Please stay a few moments longer Mrs. Valentina-Smith. I feel your presence is very comforting. I would like you to stay as a favor to me.”

Mrs. Valentina-Smith smiled. “Of course I will stay. Thank you for your kind words Miss Ding.”

After a short while Unit 8 returned to its place behind Miss Ding’s chair. Miss Ding had been excitedly talking about the roles Mr. Paloka could undertake in her household once it had been trained and conditioned. She would have to find an appropriate name for it. Eventually Miss Smith said, “Mother. It is your birthday too. This time Unit 8 needed no other instruction. It moved to Mrs. Valentina-Smith and lifted her the same way it lifted Mr. Paloka, then marched off with her. Mrs. Valentina-Smith’s rather angry cries were heard dwindling as Unit 8 moved further away.

“It looks as if we both had the same idea, mother,” said Miss Ding smiling.

“Yes,” replied Mrs. Ding with an open smile on her face. You never cease to amaze me Jun. I will treasure it. Thank you. How did you get permission?”

“Unit 8 has access to the board of its parent company. That board has access to the board here. I found that out when I first hired it and finally worked out how to communicate with it. So I just bypassed Mrs. Valentina-Smith and used Unit 8 to convey a message to its board to contact the board here with a request to contact me. They were very unwilling to sell, but I managed to convince them by volunteering information on an even better administrator.”

Mrs. Ding was impressed. “And how did you discover that, Jun?”

“I asked Unit 8. It is a mine of information once you get passed the problem of it not speaking or writing. To be honest, I don’t think its owners know everything it can do.”

“And how did you get permission mother? Did you gain access to the board as well?”

Mrs. Ding laughed. “No, I did not. I simply bought him from Mrs. Valentina-Smith. Everything has a price. You know that.”

Miss Ding laughed and clapped her hands.

Mrs. Ding said, “You are so very resourceful Jun. I think it is time for you to play a major role in my business. With you by my side there is nothing we cannot do. Perhaps we will find a way of buying this hotel?”

“That would be good, mother,” Ding Jun said as she picked up her cell and checked the latest message. Then she nodded to Unit 8.

Mrs. Ding was still smiling at her daughter when she felt two immensely strong hands grasp her upper arms and lift her off her chair and start to walk away with her.

“She screamed. What is happening? Jun, do something.”

Before Miss Ding could do anything, she heard voices raised and people approaching from all across the room. They didn’t previously as it was none of their business. But this was their business. It could be them next. At that point Miss Ding told Unit 8 to stop, which it did, still holding the struggling and crying Mrs. Ding in its arms. Miss Ding addressed the crowd that was beginning to become angry. “Wait. This is all above board,” she shouted at the crowd. “I’ll prove it.” She pulled out her cell, pushed a number and spoke almost immediately, saying, “I’m in The Lightning Bolt and I need you to explain why Mrs. Ding is being taken.”

It was only seconds before the speakers activated. “This is the on duty board member speaking. I understand Mrs. Ding has been seized and the other guests are querying this action. I can state that as of seventeen minutes ago, Mrs. Ding is no more a billionaire. She is even no longer a millionaire. In fact she is destitute. At the same time, Mrs. Ding’s daughter, a guest of her mother, became a billionaire. Consequently, Miss Ding is now responsible for her guest and this action she has taken is quite within the rules. Unfortunately, Mrs. Ding did not pre-pay. If she had have done, we, obviously, would not have actioned Miss Ding’s request. I trust this sets your minds at ease ladies and gentlemen. The rules of this hotel are still as they ever were. Nothing has changed. Please continue as you were.”

The guests returned to their seats talking among themselves. There was a rush of calls to the desk to pre-pay the rest of their stay there.

Miss Ding smiled at her mother who was looking at her with hatred. “I look forward to introducing you to Tong Jiahui again. I know you and her have shared many a ‘friendly’ competition together. I’m certain she will enjoy her next encounter immensely and be much more amenable to logic and sense when discussing any future joint ventures.” She then briskly waved her hand and Unit 8 resumed its walk to the cargo area. Mrs. Ding screamed and her screams didn’t stop. They just faded away.