The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Story: Tiger Eyes

by J. Darksong

X.

Floating.

Softly drifting along aimlessly, amidst a multicolored kaleidoscope of sights and sounds, Shanna found herself meandering her own mind, tossed gently from one thought to the next like log floating on a gently babbling brook. Her consciousness bobbed up and down in the sea of memories, seeking a lifeline, an anchor, something to cling to, but each solid thought dissolved as it approached, melding into the next, all flowing together into a slowly churning mixture. And yet, even as her mind liquefied, as her thoughts ran together and reality itself fragmented, she managed, somehow, to stay afloat, clinging to her own ego, her identity.

Her sense of self.

On the edge of the shores of her mind, a disturbance appeared. The vibrant and dazzling colors intensified, and the gently swaying waves of the brook became a surging river. Her consciousness rose and fell with each wild curve and eddy, her ego literally bruised as it was dashed again and again against the rapids of her psyche. Each jolt swept her further along, deeper into the unfathomable waters, sending Shanna closer and closer towards a dark and foreboding fate.

Her sense of self began to fade.

* * *

Outside her mind, Shanna’s body lay inside a glass tube, suspended in a gel-like solution, with several wires and probes attached to her naked body, with several intravenous tubes in her flesh, and a breathing mask over her nose and mouth. Dr Frank Murray and Dr Phillip Bernard had supervised the process, preparing the test subject for the process. On the other side of the room, Dr Karen McDonald and Dr Alex Bradford watched the monitors, each carefully following the girl’s vitals.

Indeed, for the past four hours since she had entered the processing tube, the four doctors had done nothing but monitor her progress as the computers and machines did their work, trying to remake the young girl, mind, body, and spirit, into their newest living weapon. The physical enhancements had progressed simply enough, simple genetic restructuring of the flesh and bon structure, augmentation of her muscle mass and strength, to enable her body to keep up with her mind.

Alas, it was Shanna’s mind that the researchers were having problems with.

“Goddammit!” Alex growled, slamming a fist down hard on the table. “We’ve got the damned Mind Shredders up to 150 percent, and STILL she is hanging on!” He shook his head ruefully. “Dammit... we tested this thing out on specially trained government agents, and CIA operatives, trained and conditioned to resist all forms of mind control, and it turned their brains to tapioca at 75 percent power! How the FUCK is she doing this?”

“Easy, Alex,” Karen said, placing a hand on her colleague’s shoulder. “If we knew the answer to that, we wouldn’t need her as a test subject, now, would we? We’d be able to recreate the mind powers in anyone we wanted to... instead of going through this long and lengthy process.” She sighed. “Just be patient. She’s starting to wear down now. See? Look at this readout. Her alpha brain wave patterns are almost right on the mark.”

Alex frowned. “That’s what you said an hour ago. We almost have her mind... almost being the operative word. Just as soon as it looks like its starting to work, she... I dunno what she does, but she regroups, gets a hold of herself, and starts pulling her thoughts back together again. See? What did I tell you? Look, her alpha wave pattern is going back to normal again!”

“Bloody bitch!” Karen exclaimed as, indeed, the display before her changed, the shifting lines moving slowly back to their pervious peak values. “Incredible. Simply incredible. You know, I wish Denton’s so-called Surveillance Squads could have brought back more than just one subject. I’d dearly love to have one left over to perform a little exploratory brain surgery on.” She sighed. “This girl’s brain is simply remarkable.”

“You can fawn over her later, once she’s been fully processed. For right now, help me see if we can get her under our fucking control, will ya?”

* * *

The rough seas settled back into its former placid state. Shanna’s consciousness rose a little higher from the depths. Complete or rational thought was an impossibility, as the continuing effect of the machine and drugs pouring into her system liquefied her thoughts. And yet, inexplicably, the small essence of self that composed her consciousness continued to grow, the liquefied thoughts, feelings, and memories solidifying, beginning to separate and reintegrate. Thinking was still impossible; the action was more of a reflex, a self-preservation instinct to keep herself intact.

Her sense of self grew, ever so slightly. Thoughts flowed around her, no longer like quicksilver, too fluid to catch, but thickly, sluggishly, like wet cement before it hardened. Flashes, images, appeared to her now, disjointed, disconnected, but solid enough to catch. A face... thick dark brown hair, small crinkles around deep and knowing brown eyes, and lips that held a kind and gentle smile. Recognition flittered through her, accompanying the image, and a warm fuzzy feeling filled her.

Father.

Another image appeared, coming clearer, and faster than before. Another face, this time blonde shoulder length hair, clear ice blue eyes, and a slightly crooked smile. The feeling this time was more complex, a pleasant feeling, and yet mixed with annoyance, and some worry. A single thought, one word, floated before her precariously like a soap bubble, just as fragile and tenuously held by her mind.

A name.

Jeffrey.

With the name came another series of images and feelings as well... as the fluid of her thoughts became more and more solid, taking on definite shape and substance... a room... a study room... books... then darkness... and light... three shapes... all of which filled her with a sense of dread, of fear and anger. Then one last image crystallized before her... complete... all her senses alive... sight, sound, smell, touch and taste registering: the coppery taste of her own blood as she bit her lip... the feel of the cold hard floor and wall against her body... the sharp acrid smell of gunpowder... and worst of all... the hollow report and thud of a gun fired, accompanying the sight of Jeffrey’s body slumped over in pain... possibly in death...

* * *

“Shit!”

Doctors Bernard and Murray scrambled to the machine controls, as Karen and Alex relayed Shanna’s readings. The tension in the room increased dramatically as their frenzied attempts yielded no results. Alex moved to the main line and dialed Mr. Denton’s phone. “Mr. Denton, sir,” he said breathlessly, watching his fellow scientists struggling to contain the subject. “Sir, we have a situation on our hands.”

Denton’s face popped up onto the view screen. “What’s going on down there? I delivered the sample you kept asking for as promised. Don’t tell me you after all this, you don’t know how to handle it?”

Alex gulped. “Well, um, the thing is, sir... we haven’t been able to completely isolate her brain pattern yet. It’s... it’s really quite remarkable... the Mind Shredder function is at redline, over 150 percent, and she is somehow managing to resist—”

“Is she lucid yet?” Denton barked.

“Um, no, not... not yet,” Alex replied worriedly, “but it’s only a matter of time. Moments, actually. Her body is even fighting off the drugs we’re pumping into her! Sir, I don’t know—”

“Well I do know,” Denton growled, tapping a few quick keys on his keyboard. “I’m activating Jason. Have your men clear out of the lab; they can control and monitor everything from the secondary control station in Lab B.”

Alex blanched. “You’re activating...” Shaking his head, he glanced back at the silver storage capsule on the far side of the room. “Sir, are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, Zero-One-Four performed better than we’d even dreamed in that little exercise for the military brass, but he’s still a long way away from being perfected...”

“Have YOU got a better idea, Doctor Bradford?” Denton all but snarled. “Thanks to your incompetence, the subject is seconds away from regaining consciousness!! And I would imagine she’d going to be somewhat pissed when she comes to and realizes just where she is, you idiot!” He completed the boot up sequence for Prototype-014. “If there is one thing we learned from the Cleveland incident, is that you don’t take chances with one of the super-powered freak kids! So... unless you want to try and subdue her YOURSELF, I suggest you get the hell out of there, and let me clean up this mess!”

Sighing softly, he nodded. “Okay, people, we’re moving out! Everyone, out of the lab now! We’re moving to Lab B down the hallway! Zero-One-Four has just been activated, and if any of you care to remain among the living, you’ll get your asses out of here RIGHT NOW!”

Indeed, the other doctors and their assistants were scrambling out of the room as he spoke. Dr. Bradford, to his chagrin, soon found himself alone in the lab. Moving quickly now, he ran for the exit, without bothering to glance backwards. The lab door sealed closed behind him just as the metal door to Zero-One-Four’s containment capsule opened.

Sitting down in front of the monitor in Lab B, Alex watched as their prototype made its walk calmly across the room. He sighed softly to himself. Using Zero-One-Four was a mistake in his opinion. True, the prototype’s mental power could easily overpower the test subject’s, and force her into submission. But the crystal matrix injected into the folds of her brain had not had time to set yet; using Zero-One-Four would be like using a sledge hammer to try and shape a diamond.

“The test subject’s brain waves just reached nominal,” Aissa, one of the assistants called out. “She’s regaining consciousness!”

Frowning, Alex watched the monitor, awaiting the outcome. For good or for ill, it was all out of his hands now.

* * *

The ocean in Shanna’s mind faded, becoming an ocean in reality. Eyes open, she gasped, awakening to find herself swimming in some kind of thick, oily goo. Her first impulse was to hold her breath; an instant later, becoming more aware of her surroundings, she realized there was a breathing tube and mask attached to her face. Wires and tubes were sticking out from her body, which she found, to her horror, was completely naked. Confusion gave way to panic, and she struggled frantically, trying to get free, trying to find something to push off of to swim to the top of the tube, and make her escape. Unfortunately, the fear and drugs in her system kept her actions uncoordinated, and the thick fluid itself restricted her movements.

Movement caught her eye. A tall blurry form moved up against the capsule, standing right in front of her. A gloved hand pressed itself against the glass, and the face leaned closer, peering up at her. Her vision skewed by the liquid and the container, Shanna had to look hard to make out the person’s features. Moving closer towards the stranger, Shanna realized the watcher was male, a young boy wearing some kind of uniform. His hair was dark, dark brown, or possibly black, which contrasted greatly with the pale coloring of his face. His flesh was off-white, almost gray. But the most remarkable part of him was...

His eyes.

Tiger Eyes!

Suddenly, time and space seemed to vanish. Shanna found herself immersed into a world, indeed, an entire UNIVERSE, that consisted of nothing but the pair of eyes in front of her. Her mind opened, and her thoughts drained away like water running down the bathtub drain. Instinctively, she attempted to pull away, to somehow block the magnetic pull, to protect herself in someway—

::NO::

Shanna shuddered violently, her eyes rolling back into her head. The one simple word, sent directly into her mind, stunned her, scattering her own thoughts like bowling pins. A heavy stone had been dropped into the placid water of her mind, and her body shook with the repercussions. Thought and memory tried to form, tried to flow, only to run into the sharp jagged wall of the other man’s thoughts, shattering against the solidity, fragmenting again and again, until they were nothing but dust blowing in the mind.

The Eyes blinked closed...

Darkness. Nothingness. The Void. No sound. No heat. No light. No thought, none, the great darkness, the absence of all, of Everything, of life... the opposite? death? unlife. darkness. so dark. so very dark. nothingness. everything fallen away, dust in the wind, without substance,nothing,absolute,total,the ultimate null,zero incarnate,nohopenone allgonenothingzerozeronullzilchnadanothingnothingnothingnothingnothingnothingnothingnothing NothingNothingNothingNOThingNOThingNOTHINGNOTHINGNOTHINGNOTHINGNOTHINGNOTHINGNOTHING!!

An eternity/instant later, the Eyes blink open...

LIGHT!BURNINGLIGHTHEATSOUNDPAINPLEASUREFEELINGLIFELIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT. Light. Heat. Burning heat. Fusion. Birth. Reborn. Fragments of dust, sand, scattered, floating aimlessly, hot, so hot, burning... fusing... melting, melting and reforming... burning thought fragments fusing, melting, liquid, like sand, fusing, melting into glass, being made, turned, shaped, formed. Being made.

Being turned...

Being shaped...

Being formed...

Becoming....

Becoming.

* * *

“All readings showing stable, sir,” Karen McDonald reported with a sigh of relief. “I don’t know what happened a moment ago when everything went off the scale, but the crystal matrix seems fully intact and integrated.” She shook her head. “Looks like Zero-One-Four did it.”

James Denton simply nodded. “I’m sending the prototype back to his containment station. Once the fire suppression system has shut down again, and the room has cooled down, have the control program you created loaded into the test subject.” Turning back to the camera monitor, he scowled. “I trust the lot of you can handle THAT much without further incident?”

Alex nodded. “Yes, sir. I expect no more problems. Thank you sir.”

“Good. I’m calling it a day. I’ll expect the updated reports on your progress waiting for me on my desk in the morning. Goodnight, gentlemen.” The screen went dark.

Sighing deeply, Alex gathered up the printouts from the computers monitoring the entire procedure. It would take only a few more moments for the room to cool back down enough for them to enter. A slight side effect of using Zero-One-Four’s mental power without the dampening field of his suit’s helmet was the tendency of it to heat up all metal objects within a 10 foot radius. A useful effect with obvious military applications, still, it was moderately annoying in laboratory settings.

Waiting for the green light, he studied the results spit out from the computer. The entire encounter between the test subject and their prototype weapon has only lasted twelve seconds, but apparently much had happened in that short time. He frowned. Four point two seconds into the encounter, the test subject’s brainwave readings had gone through the roof. Then, nearly half a second later, everything had bottomed out, almost flat lined, so sharply he had thought her brain-dead. And yet, at precisely five point five seconds, the readings returned to nearly to normal. Or rather, moved to exactly the levels they required for the imprinting of the control program on the subject’s neural pathways.

I just don’t know, he murmured to himself. There might be residual after effects from simply... blasting her mind open like that. No way to carefully scan and sort through every single memory after the fact, to make sure she’s a clean slate. I mean, that’s the purpose of using the Mindshredders in the first place, to make sure nothing is missed.

The green light flashed, and the pneumatic seal around the lab door detached. The researchers entered the lab, returning to their stations as if nothing had happened. The computer systems, heat shielded once the extent of the prototype’s power had been established, flickered, then came to life once more. Dr Bernard held up the computer disk with the enslavement program, and inserted it into the drive.

“Alright, Alex, everything’s in place. We’re ready to begin the upload.”

Staring again at the glassy eyed girl floating in the tube before him, Alex Bradford allowed him a moment of pity as he switched on the link. He knew he was supposed to be objective, that their work was vital to the ongoing defense of their country, and that above all else a researcher was supposed to stay unemotional. He had thought all his sensitivities long gone. And yet, looking into that blank face...

Dammit. Enough. Why the hell is my conscience eating at me NOW, of all times? It’s a bit late for redemption. We all sold our souls to Denton long ago. If I even believed in heaven or hell, my soul would have been stamped ‘Special Delivery for Beelzebub’ years ago. The atrocities we visited upon “Project Zero-One-Four” alone guaranteed that. He shook his head. No. We’ve all gone too far to back out now. There’s nothing for it now but to proceed on to the very end.

Turning his thoughts back to the present, he watched the monitors as the carefully selected program began uploading through the wires and probes lodged in the girl’s head, into the organic crystal matrix inside her brain. Slowly, ever so slowly, the emptiness in her mind began to fill, thoughts and ideas flowing into her brain directly, bypassing her dulled and disabled senses. New pathways etched themselves into the crystal lattice, carving behavior and thought patterns, literally, in stone. The vacant glassy look in her eyes gradually subsided, becoming more a glassy eyed stare of contemplation, as her mind continued to fill, and fill, and fill.

If anyone thought the upload took a few seconds longer than expected, no one spoke. Like a floppy disk, the information being recorded streamed out, filling every available space as it came upon them. And like any bad, or damaged disk, any data saved to a “bad” sector, either from a flaw in the disk surface, or damage from heat or magnetism, was generally corrupted, and or lost. For the most part, the crystal matrix of Shanna’s mind was clear and clean, with only a few small, barely noticed flaws from her experience with the prototype.

But then again, sometimes its the small flaws that make all the difference.

((to be continued...))