The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Unsweetened

This is adult erotic fiction. Everything in this story is fictional, and it contains explicit sex. Read this story only if you are of the legal age of adulthood, it is legal to read erotica where you live, and you actually want to read stories with sex and mind control in them. Of course all copyright laws apply to this work.

This is an expanded version of the story I submitted to the February 2012 Arena event at mcforum.net

Part 1: COLLECTION

Day 0—Afternoon

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I…”

The man at the counter at Companionship didn’t even try to hide his contempt for me when I brought the order tablet to him.

“I see that you finally made your selection.” I simply nodded. There was nothing to be gained by pointing out that it was him who had wasted two hours by showing me everything he wanted to sell me, rather than what I had asked for. Once he’d finally figured out that I wasn’t going to change my mind and go with something trendy, things had moved along fairly quickly.

“Well she’s… big,” he said, wrinkling his nose with distaste as he loaded my selection into his terminal. No doubt he owned one of the tiny-breasted. sub-150 centimeter ones that had a childlike voice and looked like a teenage boy with a tan. They were all the rage these days. I didn’t need one of the waifs from Region 5 or Region 6 to make me feel like a strong, virile man. I wanted a girl who looked like a girl.

“Just to confirm, you’ve selected 74489JB2271. She’s 177 centimeters tall, 64 kilos, 22 Terran years old, with red hair, and green eyes?”

“That is correct.”

“You should be aware that if you want us to correct her… um… rather ‘unwieldy’ chest, there will a significant additional charge, Mister Logan.”

“I think her chest is fine the way it is,” I replied coldly.

“OK then, let’s get started on the options. I know it’s silly, but we still have to ask: Sweetened or unsweetened?” His finger automatically descended toward the “sweetened” button on his terminal.

It was a decision I’d made three years earlier.

“Unsweetened,” I said resolutely. He looked up in disbelief.

“Don’t you mean sweetened? You want her to behave like a human, not an animal, after all.”

“Unsweetened. I want her the way she is.”

“Let me give you some advice Mr. Logan,” he said. “Maybe a couple of times a year we get a guy in here who asks for an unsweetened girl with only the Terran language training installed. Every single one of them brings the girl back for sweetening. Sometimes it’s a couple of days, sometimes it’s even as long as a month, but they all bring them back and pay the extra to have them sweetened.

“This is a Thoth girl, Mr. Logan. You might be able to tame a Kliree or a Jormian or maybe even a Paaluvian. As far as I know, nobody’s ever even successfully tamed any unsweetened companion, but trying to tame a Thoth is… frankly, it’s a crazy idea—suicidal even. I’m not even sure an obedience collar can keep a Thoth girl, and especially one with intelligence markers as high as this one, from killing you in your sleep. It says she was some kind of scientist—do you really want a scientist trying to figure out how to kill you and escape?

“Every Terran man who’s requested an unsweetened girl has brought her back for sweetening. Every. Single. One, Mr. Logan. Get it done now while it’s included and save yourself some money. And in five years or so you’ll be tired of her anyway and you can get a new one.”

“Unsweetened.”

He rolled his eyes and sighed.

“You’ll be back and spending a lot more money soon, Mr. Logan. So you want just the Terran language, then?”

“No. Leave her just the way she is. Don’t change her in any way.”

“How will you communicate with her, Mr. Logan?”

“The file says she’s been in holding for two years. I’m sure she’s picked up Terran in that time.”

“Well, maybe some basic words and phrases, but nothing like she’ll need to be an acceptable companion.”

“I’ll teach her what she doesn’t already know.”

“You’ll what?!?”

“I speak Thoth, so communication isn’t a problem. I’ll teach her Terran.”

“You speak Thoth? She’s from the northern hemisphere of the planet, you know; the dialect is different…”

“Northern Thoth is what I speak.” He’d obviously forgotten that I wasn’t interested in the tiny girls from the southern hemisphere of Thoth. Samantha had been from Region 3, in the northern hemisphere. After nearly four years I still missed her.

“Fine,” he spat, jabbing the buttons on his terminal angrily. “She’s being retrieved from Reception Classification Center 31 and she’ll be here tomorrow with nothing other than her obedience collar to keep her in line. Does that satisfy you?”

His customer service skills needed improvement, but I nodded.

“Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by…”
* * *

Day 1—Afternoon

The trip back to my apartment had started with her trying to physically attack me as soon as we’d cleared the parking area at the Companionship facility. The obedience collar had responded before she’d moved more than a few centimeters, slamming a savage jolt into the pain centers in her brain. She’d screamed and crumpled into a heap in her seat, hugging her arms across her huge breasts. It took her a couple of minutes to recover.

“It works the same everywhere, not just when you’re inside their facilities,” I told her.

“You speak Na’thoth,” she said, using the full name of her dialect.

“Yes. And you speak Terran. What is your name?”

“You are a Slaver. You steal women from Thoth!”

“No, I’ve never been to Thoth or any planet other than Terra. The men you call Slavers we call Collectors, and I’m not one of them. Technically, they’re not the ones who enslave women. That happens later, and it hasn’t and will not happen to you. What is your name?”

“The Slavers mostly spoke Ki’thoth. Only a few knew any Na’thoth. The Slavers at the prison spoke Terran and only a few words of Ki’thoth… You have owned a Thoth slave before? That is where you learned Na’thoth?” She eyed me suspiciously.

I sighed.

“I did have a Thoth Companion many years ago. I don’t know what her name was on Thoth. The name she had on Terra was Samantha. What is your name?”

“You are a Slaver! You sent other Slavers to steal this woman for you and then you took away her identity and her free will. What does it matter what my name is when you’re going to change me into whatever you want?”

“Look, you’re starting to piss me off here! I didn’t send anyone anywhere. Samantha was given to me by my father on my twentieth birthday. I didn’t ask for her, but I also didn’t refuse her. I soon grew to love her and we were happy together until she died. I have been alone for four years since she died and I still miss her greatly.

“Yes, she went through the sweetening process and that changed her into what someone else thought she should be. If there was any way that I could go back in time and change that, I would, but I can’t. The drugs and chemicals used in the sweetening process have the nasty side-effect of reducing lifespan. Most women live about five years after they’ve been sweetened, but some live as long as ten years. Samantha lived six years, and every second of the time we had together is precious to me.

“I insisted that the sweetening process not be used on you. I don’t want to shorten your life at all. I had to make a big fuss to convince them not to sweeten you and they had me sign all kinds of legal documents before they’d agree. I spent four hours fighting with corporate lawyers today, but I finally got you out of there without them sweetening you.

“According to Terran law, I now own you. That may make me a Slaver in your eyes, but it also prevents anyone from mangling your brain and making it so you won’t see your thirtieth birthday. As far as I’m concerned, sweetening is the absolute last resort when it comes to you. I’d much rather that you get to know me and, over time, we become close.”

“That will never happen,” she said.

“We’ll see. Sweetening is fast and easy, but it takes your identity from you and then takes you from me a few years later. I’d much rather have one lifelong companion who is a real woman with her own mind. I know that it will take time and a lot of work to get that.”

We rode in silence for a few minutes.

“I am Ka’rah,” she said quietly.

“Thank you, Ka’rah. I’m Derek Logan. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Why do Terrans steal women from Thoth and enslave them, Derek Logan?”

“We need to in order to survive, Ka’rah. It’s a very long story. Ask me again later when we have more time.”

She stared out the side window and remained silent the rest of the way to my apartment.

* * *

Dinner was a terse affair. Ka’rah only spoke to answer my questions about whether her food was satisfactory and whether she’d had enough to eat. She hadn’t moved to help when I cleared the dishes off the table, though she stood when I returned.

“Please sit.” I gestured toward her chair at the dining table. She sat. I opened the box that had been sitting on the table while we ate and removed the collar from it.

“I promise that this is more civilized than that torture device they put on you.”

A sweetened female is required to wear an obedience collar from the time she reaches the fourth anniversary of her sweetening until her death. Sometimes the sweetening would fail as a girl’s death approached, and a collar would keep her from harming anyone. The collar I locked around Ka’rah’s neck had been Samantha’s. She’d worn it but never needed it, remaining a caring, loving, wonderful girl, even in her final moments of life.

Samantha’s old collar was only slightly bulkier than the one Ka’rah already wore, but it was orders of magnitude more sophisticated. I’d removed the original electronics and replaced them with my own design. Rather than the simple “compliance through pain avoidance” method the obedience collars used, my design exploited many vectors of both punishment and reward. It also had much more comprehensive brain monitoring capabilities. The real innovation, though, was the intelligent adaptive conditioning program built into the collar and the controller on my wrist.

I locked it closed around her neck and then used the remote to release her original obedience collar. I removed the pain collar and took it into my bedroom to store it away. As I emerged from my bedroom, the controller on my wrist beamed a warning into my brain. An image of Ka’rah hiding in the kitchen appeared in my mind. I smiled. The girl was unknowingly giving me an opportunity to start her training.

Ka’rah was moving very slowly, a kitchen knife in her hand and a surprised look on her face. I stepped toward her and gently removed the knife from her hand and set it on the counter. It was the first time I’d touched her.

“Like I said, this collar is more civilized. It can cause excruciating pain, but slowing you down to a crawl is just as effective in this situation.”

With a thought from me, the controller on my wrist commanded her collar to release the inhibition on her movement and she was back to normal. The conditioning program analyzed the situation and stimulated relief and gratitude in her brain as I continued.

“I want only peace and happiness for you, Ka’rah. I never want you to have to feel pain, even…” I picked up the knife and walked into the kitchen to return it to it’s proper place, “…if you’re trying to kill me.”

The controller informed me that the collar had just stimulated feelings of shame and guilt in Ka’rah’s mind. I heard a quiet gasp behind me as she came to the collar-enhanced realization that she had betrayed someone who had shown her only kindness. Even though she’d plotted to hurt me, I hadn’t inflicted pain on her.

Her conditioning had begun and it would continue around the clock, even while she slept.

“This has been an emotionally draining day for me, and I imagine that it’s been even harder on you. I need sleep.” I lightly touched my hand on her elbow and guided her toward the bedroom.

“Unfortunately my apartment has only a single bedroom, so I can’t give you the privacy you should have.” The controller let me feel her trepidation as she stepped through the bedroom door. I also felt her surprise and confusion when she noticed that there was a single bed set up a few feet away from my large master bed.

“That’s your bed. I’ll try to give you as much privacy as I can. The bathroom is in there.” Feelings of relief joined her confusion. The collar tweaked both upward a bit and added in a little gratitude.

“I am not sleeping with you?”

“No, Ka’rah. I will welcome you in my bed only when you want to be there.”

“Hah! Then we shall always sleep in separate beds because that will never happen.”

“We’ll see,” I said as the collar gave her a twinge of self-doubt over her last statement.

* * *

Day 3—Late Morning

“You look lovely, Ka’rah.” The collar registered the slightest glimmer of natural pleasure in her mind and automatically enhanced it a few ticks. Praise from me meant pleasure for her. Disapproval from me meant anxiety for her. After spending most of the previous day shopping for clothes with her, she was already showing the beginnings of responding automatically. Each item she tried on or looked at received either an approval or disapproval from me, with the attendant blip of pleasure or anxiety for her. She’d looked at a lot of clothes.

We’d added various “female necessities” to the full wardrobe of clothing we’d purchased, then returned home to work out our household routine and the house rules. As expected, she was strong-willed and she tried to assert herself several times. Contradicting me brought not only anxiety, but also self-doubt. I let her get several repetitions of the corrective feelings before I explained that we were not negotiating, I was simply telling her the way things would be and that was how they would be.

“Where are we going Derek Lo… uh, Derek?” She was getting used to the Terran convention of a given name and a surname.

“We are going to the most precious place on Terra, Ka’rah.” I left it at that. She sat quietly in her seat the whole way there, just looking out the window. The trip didn’t take long.

“Please come with me.” I took her hand and helped her from the vehicle. The controller indicated that she’d felt the briefest twinge of natural pleasure at my action, and the collar had tweaked it upward very slightly before it had naturally faded. She felt some surprise as I kept her hand in mine and a low pleasure returned to her as I led her away from the vehicle. The collar warmed the pleasure a bit and sustained it.

Stone gives a feeling of permanence that lasts beyond a simple lifetime. We walked among the seemingly endless stone markers for nearly fifteen minutes before we reached our destination. I released Ka’rah’s hand as the familiar painful memories and feelings came back to me. The marker in front of us read “Samantha Logan.”

“She… had your name.”

“Yes,” I said quietly. “We were married. It’s a Terran custom where a man and a woman dedicate themselves to each other. As far as we were concerned, she belonged to me and I belonged to her.” I remembered how beautiful she’d looked on our wedding day. She’d looked beautiful every day, but she was radiant on the day we were married.

“I never knew her Thoth name. The sweetening process had removed it and replaced it with the name my father had picked for her. They left her with her language and a few memories of Thoth, though. They don’t even leave those things in any more; they wipe everything and replace it with constructed ‘memories’ of a Terran life. Samantha told me that she was from an area called ‘Dreen’ on Thoth. I know that it’s in what Terrans call Region 3 on your planet. You’re from what we call Region 4. Samantha’s home would be in the direction of the sunset from where you lived.”

“Flarrn. I am from Flarrn,” she said quietly. The controller beamed a status update into my brain. She’d felt the slightest twinge of sadness and loss at the mention of her home, but that had faded. Two years in captivity on Terra had probably numbed most of that pain in the pragmatic girl.

Her sympathy level for me had stabilized and was maintaining on its own. I wasn’t aware that she was feeling sympathy for me, but I was sure that the controller must have informed me and automatically worked with the collar to take whatever action was appropriate. I’d just been lost in my own thoughts at the time.

Sympathy was where I’d drawn the line for emotional enhancement with the collar. One can feel sympathy for another without feeling emotional attachment to them. I’d allow the collar to create or enhance negative emotions, that was a given. I’d also allow it to create positive emotions up to a point and enhance existing positive emotions to a further point. There were some things that I insisted be 100% real, though, and those were in the areas of caring, romance, and love. I knew that my collar design was doing some of the things that the sweetening process would do, but if she developed an emotional attachment to me, I wanted it to come from her and not from a created emotion.

“I’m glad that I was able to bring you here, Ka’rah. To me it seems somehow right that Samantha now has someone from Thoth who knows that she lived and she was loved and she died and she is still loved.”

“Are these all Thoth women?” She looked around at the thousands of burial markers.

“No. If you look around, I don’t think you’ll find many women’s names here at all. It’s almost all Terran men. I suppose that’s our curse… Well, I did promise to explain, and this is probably the best place to do it.”

I told her about the pandemic of centuries earlier. Nobody knew what caused it. When it had run it’s course, nearly a billion were dead and the remaining men could only product Y-chromosome sperm. All pregnancies resulted in male children. Science hadn’t been able to find an answer to our genetic problem and we were faced with extinction.

At first we’d tried civilized overtures to other planets. Unfortunately “we’re a dying race and we’d like to breed with your women to avoid extinction” wasn’t a message that was well received, especially by the males of most planets. Some planets had politely refused; many had been outright hostile. Eventually we figured out that the civilized approach wasn’t going to work and we (reluctantly, if the history classes were to be believed) resorted to raiding less advanced planets for breeding women. Of course most of the females weren’t too happy about being taken to Terra, which was why our scientists had created the sweetening process.

Terran scouting expeditions were constantly searching the galaxy for compatible races. Obviously they had to be hominid, but they also had to be able to produce offspring with Terran men. There were plenty of planets populated by non-hominid races, and over a hundred populated by hominid races. Only a handful of races were capable of procreating with Terran men, though.

They also had to be at least a century short of developing hyper-jump technology. Raiding a planet that possessed the ability to cross thousands of light-years to retaliate against Terra was a mistake we’d made only once. Thoth’s current technological level had them exploring within their own star system, but any attempt to reach Terra would require millennia of travel with their ion drive propulsion systems. They’d be better off waiting the few hundred years it would take them to develop hyper-jump capability. Thoth was also grossly overpopulated.

“Not that it justifies anything,” I told her, “but Thoth has over 25 times the population of Terra. We have just under a billion men on Terra. Our leaders make vague references to our collecting parties helping to ease overcrowding on other planets like Thoth and Nok Tobern, as if that excuses what we’re doing. I just wish there was some other way for us to survive.”

We were currently “collecting” from about a dozen different planets. Thoth females, with twice as many sex chromosomes as Terrans, were prized by those who liked their women lusty and very sexually responsive. Others preferred the exotic beauty of girls from Nok Tobern or Grisch. Other races like the Kliree and Paaluvians had shorter gestation cycles and could produce offspring more frequently. Regardless of their origin, though, the Terran “curse” always resulted in the women giving birth only to male children.

“So you just wanted a wild sexual partner when you decided to enslave me?”

“No. Well, it was certainly something I knew about, but what I really motivated me was her.” I nodded toward Samantha’s marker. “It’s not really fair to you, but I was very happy with a Northern Thoth girl before and I’m hoping that you and I can find happiness together.”

“You will not get that without using your enslaving drugs, Derek Logan.”

“We’ll see,” I said.

We did not hold hands as we walked back to the vehicle.