The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Veiled Threats

Author’s note: This is the last chapter of the ‘Omega Girl’ series, directly involving her exploits. It’s been a fun ride, but as my Shelley-belle has stated, it’s time to stop tormenting the poor dear and give her a happy ending. Or at least as close to a ‘happy ending’ as a cynical pessimist like myself can get. I’d like to thank everyone that took the time to read my simple little tales, and particularly the ones who thought enough of it to email me now and again. I’d also like to thank MadameKistulot, for encouragment, ideas, and the invitation to let my world intersect with her own ‘Midasverse’. Hopefully this one wraps things up and ties up all the loose ends. I have no plans at the moment to continue this story beyond ‘Veiled’, but perhaps if the mood strikes, I might do an Origins kind of story, showing the years before Omega Girl 1. Who knows... At any rate, enjoy!

* * *

Prologue:

Elise Stewart glanced nervously around the area, pulling her coat tighter around herself. She felt chilled, though more from the macabre locale than the nippy November weather. She unfolded the note in her hand, and glanced at it once more, checking it against the address painted on the side of the old ramshackle building. 19305 Walter Lane. Yep, it’s the right address. Sure looks deserted, though. Stepping through the old style wrought iron gates, she made her way up to the front entrance of the house. Hesitating for a moment, she grabbed the heavy metal ring and knocked twice, then three more times, as the note she’d been given described.

A few seconds later, the door opened a crack, and an eye peered out at her. “Who are you, and what do you want?”

“Um. Hi. I’m Elise... Elise Stewart,” she said nervously. “I was, um... sent here. Actually, I um, volunteered... I mean, I’m responding to the ad you—”

“Spit it out, Princess,” the man said brusquely. “I don’t have all night.”

“Um,” Elise said, staring down at her feet. Maybe it was a mistake to come here. After all, if something like this really WAS legit, surely it would be held in a better location? She started to turn away, but the door opened a bit wider, and the barrel of a gun pointed out at her.

“You’re not trying to leave, are you?” the voice asked her, sounding upset. “I don’t take kindly to being bothered by nosy little snoops or stupid college kids out seeking cheap thrills by bothering an old man in the middle of his research. If you’ve come here to waste my time...”

“NO!” she said loudly, taking a step back. “Really! I, um, I’m... oh God... I saw your ad... about paying big money for test subjects, and I wanted to volunteer! I’m not trying to waste your time, honest!”

“Test subject, eh?” the man said softly, pulling the gun back, closing the door. The sound of a chain being slid away could be heard seconds before the door opened completely. A tall, spindelly, grey-haired old man in a dirty white smock stood before her, a rifle clutched in his left hand. He gestured to her with his right hand, beckoning her in. “Well, don’t just stand there like a damned fool, get in here!” he yelled a few seconds later when she didn’t move. “Do you want to be a test subject or not?”

“Um... actually, I think I made a mistake,” she said, backing slowly away, eyeing the gun. “I think I need to leave now...”

The man smirked. “Alright, if that’s the way you want it,” he said, reaching into his pocket, taking out his wallet. “I suppose I can always pay this two thousand dollars cash to some OTHER willing subject for a few minutes of work.” The girl paused, taking a step forward at the sight of the cash. “It shouldn’t be too hard to find someone else, you know. I’ve already had seven other young people stop by this week, and I only need three more subjects to complete my research.” He began to close the door, but Elise moved quickly, placing her hand on the doorjamb.

“Wait!” she said, trying to keep from being shut out. “I’m sorry! I want to volunteer!” When the door opened again, she quickly stepped inside. “Sorry. It’s just... I mean, this place... doesn’t exactly look much like a genetic research facility...”

“Well, of course,” the man said with a laugh, leading her back into the back room, to an underground cellar door stood slightly ajar. “If you called the number from the ad I placed, and spoke to Dominic, then you know something of the nature of my research! Secrecy is of the utmost importance!” He opened the cellar door wide, flipping a light switch as he did so. Elise peered down the stairs, then gasped in surprise. Far from the ancient cluttered ruins or the mock up of Dr. Frankenstein that she’d imagined, the old man’s laboratory looked remarkably clean, modern, well-kept and organized. A large machine sat in the far corner with a set of wires running from it into what appeared to be a modified dentist’s chair. The center of the room, however, was occupied with a large wooden table on which sat a small mainframe computer, surrounded by a few hundred test tubes, flasks, and pipettes filled with liquids of various colors.

“Wow,” she breathed softly, stepping into the room, looking around in awe. “This is... wow. Just, wow...”

“I’m glad you approve,” the man said succinctly, reaching into a small file cabinet, taking out a clipboard. “Before we begin, I need you to fill out some paperwork. Be as thorough as you can, and be truthful. I know some of the questions might be a little embarrassing, but if you lie about anything, or leave anything out, then our deal is null and void, and you get NOTHING!” He sighed deeply. “On the last page is the standard consent form, stating that you volunteered for this of your own free will, that you understand the potential dangers, and agree not to hold me responsible for any and all possible side effects.”

Elise paused. “Side effects? Potential dangers? Wait... what do you mean, dangers? I thought you just needed to draw some blood or something!”

“Or something,” the man said enigmatically. “Do you think I’d pay you two thousand dollars just for a blood sample? Yes, I will be taking a sample of your blood, among other genetic samples, but like any experiment there is always an element of risk.” His eyes narrowed. “You DID speak to Dominic on the phone before you came here, didn’t you? He should have explained to you quite clearly what was involved.”

Elise looked away, unable to meet his eyes. “Okay... well, the truth is, a friend of mine, Allison Carter, she told me about this place. She read your add, and called the number... but at the last second, chickened out. She told me about it, though, said you were paying good money to help with some kind of genetic research project... and government grants and college scholarships pay for tuition and my books but not much else. I needed the money... so...”

“So, you volunteered,” the old man finished. He shook his head ruefully. “Fine. I think I’ll have to have a talk with Mr. Dominic later about the search criteria he’s using for test subjects, but for now, I think you’ll do.” He gestured to a small alcove in the corner. “Go and fill out the paperwork, then strip down. The shower is completely self-contained—you’ll have your privacy, if you need it.”

Elise blinked, whirling around, agape. “Shower? Why do I need to take a shower? What exactly are you going to be doing in this so-called test of yours?”

“Genetic research,” he replied, matter-of-factly. “I’m going to map your genetic structure, then see which, if any, of the genetic samples I’ve procured you will be compatible with. If we get a match, then I’ll be injecting you with an infusion of fresh DNA; if not, well, then you’ll still be paid for your time, but basically I’ll be kicking you out. Now, no more stalling! I’m not paying you by the hour! Fill out that paperwork, and get cleaned up so we can begin testing your DNA!”

Again, Elise considered simply leaving, walking out the door and forgetting all about the crazy old man and his research. But damn... two thousand dollars is a lot of money. All I have to do is fill out a couple of sheets of paperwork, get poked with a few needles, and let the old pervert ogle me in the shower—‘self-contained’, my ass, I bet he’d got video cameras hidden all over. She sighed inwardly. A few minutes work, an hour at the most, and I get two thousand dollars. Even if he IS a crazy old cook, this lab of his seems really professional, and well-supplied. Alright... I’ll take a chance. After all, what’s the worst that could happen?

The doctor stood by his computer terminal, seemingly oblivious to her feelings until she slipped into the shower. Letting out the breath he’d been holding, he quickly moved to the wall next to the shower and pulled a small switch, releasing the valve on the small tank of odorless, colorless sedatitive he’d rigged for his more obstinate subjects. Satisfied, he moved back to his console before she even noticed he’d moved.

Half an hour later, Elise stepped out of the shower, feeling much better about the whole thing. Some of the questions listed in the paperwork she’d had to fill out were deeply personal, and some were downright weird. Still, she’d endured worse for less money, she thought, remembering her part-time job last summer babysitting her neighbor’s bratty kids. Dry once again, she slipped on the white flannel robe and matching slippers the doctor had provided her with, and stepped back into the lab.

“Ah! Finally,” the man said, rubbing his hands together. “I’ve finished entering your personal data into the computer, and it’s confirmed that you are an acceptable candidate. Now, I just need a genetic sample to test,” he said, holding up a large needle. Resigned to her fate, Elise held out her arm, flinching only slightly as the man drew her blood. She also consented to a swab of the inside of her mouth, and balked only slightly when he plucked a few strands of hair from her head. She sat on a nearby bench watching as he ran a myriad of tests, checking sample after sample, then rechecking them. Somewhat bored, relaxed from her shower, she soon fell asleep. She had just settled into an erotic dream about her high school boyfriend when the old man’s shout of joy woke her.

“YESS!! Wonderful! Just wonderful!” the man said excitedly, rubbing his hands together as he stared at the computer screen. “You, my dear, are a rare find! You have not just one, not two, not even three, but FOUR genetic markers, see? There, there, there, and there!” He laughed, and once again Elise wondered idly if she wouldn’t be better off escaping from this room while she still could, but she felt so lightheaded it was merely an afterthought. “Now, my dear, I need you to take a seat in the big chair over in the corner so I can begin the genetic infusion.”

“Um, hold on a second, please,” Elise said, frowning, struggling to process what she was being told. “Before you go... um... strapping me down in some kind of weird... electric chair,” she said, gesturing to the large collection of wires and tubes leading from the chair into a large green electrical panel, “I want to know exactly what it is you’re planning to do to me. What... what kind of... genetic research are you doing here, anyway?” She shook her head, again feeling extremely lightheaded. “What’s this all about?”

The old man paused, considering. “Alright. I guess it’s only fair that you know. Tell me, girl... have you ever looked up in the sky and saw a caped Super flying overhead and thought to yourself, ‘wow, what I wouldn’t give to be just like her’? Have you ever watched the news on TV and saw a brightly colored hero or heroine swoop down and save some poor schmuck in the nick of time? Have you ever picked up a newspaper and read the headlines about Omega Girl, or Psyche, or Silver Girl, or some other Super foiling a bank robbery, or pounding some super villain into submission, and wished with all your heart that you could be just like them, that you could do what they do?” He chuckled, gesturing to equipment all around the room. “Well, that is what me and my business partners are attempting to do!” He grabbed her arm again, and this time, she didn’t resist when he pushed her gently towards the chair.

“You want to give me super powers?” Elise said, frowning as she sat down in the chair. “Not that I mind. It actually sounds... really cool. But, um, why? Why do all this to give a complete stranger super powers? I mean... if you’ve got it all figured out, why not just give yourself super powers?”

The old man slipped a small switch on the back of the chair, and the arm and leg restraints snapped into place. A slight static shock ran over her body, and she felt a strange tingling in her extremities. “Well, my dear, I said this was RESEARCH. Truth be told, we haven’t QUITE perfected the process yet. Genetics are a very tricky thing. Think about it. Why are some people born with special powers and abilities, when other’s are not? Why do some laboratory accidents kill and maim some people, while the same accident grants others incredible strength? Why can two children, born from the same parents, created from the same genetic components, grow up so completely different? Even in rare cases when twins with super powers are born, what gives one of them powers of one sort, while the other’s powers are somewhat, if not completely, different in nature?” He sighed. “At this point we know enough about genetics to predict what should happen, but not enough to make what we want to happen, happen every time. The process isn’t perfect. Yet.” He smirked. “Still, thanks to test subjects like yourself, we’ve been able to eliminate a lot more of those pesky random factors that have been fowling up our results.”

Elise pulled at her restraints, suddenly fearful. “Wait! Wait! I changed my mind! Let me up! Let me out of this chair!”

The old man laughed, holding up a small needle gun filled with syringes. “Sorry, youngster, but it’s a bit late in the game to be getting cold feet.” He smirked, glancing down. “Huh. Well, you are in bedroom slippers, so I guess ‘cold feet’ are a bit natural.” He injected her with the serums, then stood back to admire his work. Elise, fearful for possibly deadly side-effects, glanced about wildly, panting in frenzied, panicked gasps. The man chuckled. “Oh. I guess you were expecting something to happen? Waiting for some kind of dramatic change? Heh. No such luck, my dear. Genetic changes on this level require time, several hours, possibly even days. In the meantime, I’ll be using this power generator behind you to help stabilize the genetic bonding, to cut down on all those random variables. And speaking of ‘random variables’,” he said, walking over to the table, taking yet another syringe filled with a thick brown fluid, “I think it’s about time we made you a bit more... receptive... to your new lease on life.”

“What do you mean by that?” Elise asked, still straining to get free of her bonds. “What is you going to do to me now?”

“Just what I said, make you a bit more receptive to my way of thinking.” He planted the needle deep into the vein of her left wrist, emptying the entire syringe. “We are a lot of things, but we’re not fools. Right now, you’re afraid, and no doubt really pissed about being in this situation. We learned a very valuable lesson from one of our test subjects: test subject zero, our first real success.” He sighed. “And also our first abysmal failure. He turned on us and killed the research team that had given him his powers. Question: if we do succeed in giving you super powers, what’s to stop your first super heroic act from being the beating the shit out of me? The answer is running through your veins right now, a little failsafe another division of scientists in our employ cooked up, not only to keep our test subjects from turning on us, but to make sure that they remain completely obedient and loyal to us at all times.” He chuckled, checking his watch. “In fact, the way your eyes are starting to droop, I’d say that the drug is starting to work.”

Elise groaned softly, her head lolling to the side. The lights from the ceiling were flickering strangely, almost as if the light was traveling in slow motion. Or, maybe it was her mind that was slowing down. Her thoughts seemed to be coming more and more sluggishly, as if the strange old man had poured a bottle of maple syrup into her ear canal until it had filled up her brain. Her head lolled again, as the man approached her, holding up what appeared to be an iPod mini. Ear buds were placed inside her ears, and a soft but insistent voice began to speak to her, telling her that she needed to be a good girl, a good submissive and obedient girl, the kind of girl that followed orders. The doctor flipped one last switch, and a moving pulsing rubber dildo slid upwards and inwards, sliding gently between her spread thighs. A deep groan escaped her lips, and her eyes rolled back into her head, pleasure and the diabolical words sinking deep into the folds of her brain, held and stuck in place with warm maple syrup.

Satisfied that his latest test subject was secure, the old man went back upstairs. Taking out his cell phone, he called the dispatch. “Hello? It’s McDonald. Yeah, things are progressing well. I’ve just secured test subject number thirty-eight. This one was a rare find... no, better than that. Four genetic markers. Yeah. Yeah, I’m kind of surprised she didn’t have some kind of special powers herself... but I ran her genetic structure through every test, and aside from the compatibility markers, she was clean.”

He frowned, pacing slightly. “Yeah, she’d downstairs now, undergoing the treatment and the mental conditioning. Huh? No, iPod. I’ve found it easier to just record about eight hours of the indoctrination speech and let it play while they’re locked up in the chair for the stabilization process.” He nodded as he listened. “Yes. Yes of course. I’m pretty sure I can get the last two before the end of the week. But listen... I have a bone or two to pick with Dominic. I know we’re trying to be a bit more varied in our search for test subjects and all, to keep anyone lucky enough to notice the disappearances from being able to find a pattern... but the guy has stooped to posting ads at the local University! Worse, he’s not even screening the calls like he should! The girl I have downstairs right now heard about it from a friend of a friend, and didn’t even know what she was signing up for... she almost bolted on me! I’d be willing to bet since Dom didn’t follow standard procedures, her friends will no doubt start looking for her when she doesn’t show up in the next few days.”

He sighed deeply, rubbing the stubble of his salt-and-pepper beard. “Yeah, I’ll send you her information for the clean-up crews to do damage control. I suppose it’s for the best, they’ll get the chance to test the effectiveness of their ‘hightly vaunted’ mind modification system. Anyway, we’re about done in this town now anyway. It won’t take me long to finish up. By next Monday, this place will look on the inside the way it looks on the outside, and no one will ever know I was here at all. All the loose ends should be nicely tied up.” He frowned, then smiled a humorless smile. “Well, I think maybe that’s a bit extreme, but you’re right. If he’s not following procedure exactly as we established it, then he’s a liability. And you’re right... we can always use another test subject for Mr. Saul’s Chimera Project. Destructive testing is definitely HIS cup o’ tea. All right. So... did you email me the statistics on the latest findings yet, Sir? You did? Excellent. I’ll look them over while Number 38 finishes up her programming regiment...”

* * *

Downstairs, Elise continued to groan wearily, her head lolling back and forth as the powerful commands of submission and obedience continued to pound incessantly into her brain. Her fingers twitched idly as her muscles contracted randomly, jolted now and again with short bursts of energy from the generator. Her will was basically non-existent, ground to dust under the onslaught of the relentless commands. All she could do was to let herself go, floating aimlessly through the thick murky maple syrup express, trickling along whatever path the indomitable programming was leading her towards, her mind being altered, molded as brutally and efficiently as her body. Another jolt, and she groaned softly, the words seeming somehow less loud, less... overwhelming. A slight pressure caressed her shoulder, and her fluttering eyes focused briefly on the object stroking her flesh. The left ear bud. It had fallen out of her ear during her last spasm.

She continued to stare at it for several long minutes, her thought processing struggling to process the significance of what she was looking at. It was hard to think. Very hard. But... not impossible as it had been moments before, when BOTH ear buds were still in. A thought, simple yet elegant, formed in her head, marring the perfection of the submit-obey-submit-obey refrain echoing all around her mind. With an effort, she snapped her head violently to the side, and with a slight pop, the second ear bud slipped out.

Elise sighed then, closing her eyes, letting the throbbing inside her head grow quieter and quieter. The words and thoughts she’d already absorbed were still there, still stuck deep within her brain’s wrinkles, but at least she could think again, even if only dimly. She was bound, chained down, and hooked to some strange machine that was YIPP! hitting her with low level shocks every few seconds, as well as ratcheting up her arousal to levels she’d never even dreamed possible. She needed to escape, needed to get free... before the strange handsome-strong-dominant-sexy man came back to finish teaching-preparing-instructing-molding trashing her mind. She struggled against her bindings again, flexing her muscles for all their worth, but in vain. THe vibrator inside her suddenly went into overdrive, crushing her strugles with a mind-numbing orgasm. Breathing deeply from the effort, she sank back into the chair, totally worn out and drained. Whatever abilities she was being given from the injections, she mused weakly before drifting off into unconsciousness, super endurance certainly wasn’t one of them....

Behind her, the generator continued to send pulses through the cables into the chair, bombarding the girl’s physiology with short bursts of specifically calculated energy frequencies, aimed at stabilizing the bonding of the foreign genetic material to the organism’s original template. Carefully planned out each pulse was sent by the doctor’s computer to the generator, which translated the data pattern into the called for wavelength before bombarding the subject with the pulse. The doctor had left nothing to chance. After years of research and study, the doctor had worked out every aspect of the procedure, even incorporating the new addition of the will-bending drug to lower the subject’s resistance and the low voltage signal from the iPod used in the subject’s conditioning as possible factors. The doctor had taken into account every foreseeable factor in his experiment to bring about the projected outcome.

But no one, no matter how prepared, can expect the unexpected.

As new and well equipped as the laboratory was, it still sat in the cellar of a dilapidated ramshackle house. Upstairs, McDonald’s use of the ancient plumbing system served as a catalyst for just such an unexpected event. An old pipe in the cellar ceiling groaned at the sudden influx of water, and sprang a leak, dripping through the small cracks in the foundation, descending down into the cellar ceiling, where it began dripping onto the top of the generator unit. The unit itself was large, well built and well insulated, guaranteed to last for several years, and yet like all machines, was at it’s most vulnerable when hit with the unexpected. The water droplet slid along the grooves at the top of the machine, letting gravity drive it along until it reached a small seam, the gap between two metal plates. The droplet entered there, landing directly on the unit’s transformer, turning to steam with a pop and a sizzle as it came into contact with exposed copper wiring. Less than a second later, another drop, following the same path, collided with the wire, and another, and another, until the generator sputtered and whirred to a grinding halt.

Inside the sleeping Elise, the genetic infusion continued unabated. Double helix strands continued to merge, linking, altering cellular structure throughout the girl’s body. Where before carefully times pulses of energy would ripple through her cells, keeping the transformation steady and constant, now the changes continued on heedless, uncontrolled, altering different cells in different way, causing mutations from one nucleus to the next. The amount of energy she’d absorbed previously had stabilized enough of her altered cells to keep the process from running dangerously out of control, but the end result would be far from expected. The girl continued to slumber on, blissfully unaware of the changes she was undergoing, while upstairs, the would-be Power Broker continued his scheming, unaware of just how out of control his carefully constructed plan had become.