The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Veiled Threats

by J. Darksong

10.)

Gene groaned softly, staring up at the woman towering over him. Her body was revealed, her costume tattered and burned away from Dominic’s earlier attack, but instead of flesh and blood, she seemed to be composed of crystal. She smirked at him, her crystalline lips stretching wryly. She reached out for him, a slender hand, glistening in the dim moonlight, but he managed to roll free from the bush, landing on the ground. The bush itself changed at her touch, turning as hard and translucent as the person touching it, and the few leaves knocked free hit the sidewalk and shattered with the sound of glass breaking.

“Hmm. Guess you’ve still got a bit of fight left in you,” Wyldcard said with a grin. “I’d have thought the beating you took earlier trying to save Mr. Dominic would have put you down for the count.” She shrugged. “Oh well. It’s not as if you have any chance of getting away, so why don’t you be a good boy and come over here. I promise, I’ll make it quick and painless.”

“Aye, well,” Gene said, panting softly, as he rose to his feet, “I was never really one for doing things the easy way.”

“Alright then. Have it your way.” Bending over, she sank both of her hands into the soft grass. Instantly the grass around her hands crystallized, running a line of crystals down towards her quarry. Seeing his doom approaching, Gene turned to run, making it only three feet before he found his feet trapped. A quick glance down showed that his legs had been encased in a thick coating of crystals which continued to rise, covering him up to his waist in a matter of seconds. Grunting, he tried pulling free, battering at the hard coating with his hands, to no avail. He was trapped.

“Told ya. No escape, buddy,” she said as she walked leisurely towards him. “It’s nothing personal, you know. I just have a job to finish, and I can’t afford to have any innocent bystanders acting as future witnesses.” She raised a hand towards his face.

“Wait, lass!” Gene said, still struggling to break free. “Hold on! You dinnae have to do this!”

She paused, frowning. It was true. She DIDN’T want to do this. She didn’t want to be here at all. But... she had a mission. A task she needed to carry out... She shook her head. “You’re wrong. I DO have to do this. I don’t have a choice in the matter.” She smiled, shaking her head. “Sorry. Guess you’re just in the wrong place at the wrong time.”

Suddenly a loud humming noise rang our behind her, and Wyldcard screamed as pain exploded throughout her body. She whirled around to find a black clad man with a plaster cast on his arm standing a few feet away, his arms outstretched. “Lucky for my friend over there, I have a habit of being in the RIGHT place at the wrong time.” He frowned, considering. “Or, I mean... the wrong place at the right... ah, hell. You know what I mean. It’s been a long night, so you’ll have to forgive me for being a little off with the one-liners.”

Echo released another blast of sonic energy at the crystal girl, making her scream and shudder in pain. He sighed deeply, panting with the effort. He was nearly tapped out from the earlier fight with Zero, and the uncoordinated effort of using his powers was taking a deep toll. Damn. I might have one more in me... but if that doesn’t stop her, we’re both in trouble. I hope Roni gets here quick with backup.

Wyldcard dropped to her knees, shuddering. Forcing herself to ignore the pain, she released her current form, allowing the crystal to fade and vanish, becoming soft pink flesh once more. She rolled to the side as a third sonic blast was fired, coming back to her feet, arms outstretched. “Not too shabby,” she said, wincing slightly, as her body began to glow slightly. “That last shot probably would have finished me... if crystal form was ALL I had going for me.” Her form blurred slightly, then changed, her entire body turning into black shadow. “Unfortunately for you, I have a few more card tricks up my sleeves.”

“Ah, crap,” Echo groans as the girl fades out, melting into the shadows. Moments later, several dark inky tentacles of solid shadow surround him, wrapping him up tightly. With a bit of struggling, he managed to slide a hand to a small compartment on his belt, and with an effort, managed to dislodge it. Seconds later, the flashbang exploded with a loud hiss, sending out a bright blinding light. The tentacles around him loosened, fading quickly, and he dropped back to the ground, on his knees.

“Wow. You are just FULL of surprises,” Wyldcard taunted him, her voice seeming to echo from all around him at once. He glanced around, scowling, his enhanced hearing unable to track her position. “Funny thing about light and shadows. Bright lights are good at dispersing the darkness,” she said, facing him as he turned to look behind him, “but but unless you have enough light to cover everything at once, even the brightest lights can’t stop ALL the shadows.” Echo’s eyes widened as a second dark figure emerged to his left, and another to his right, perfect copies of the girl in front of him. They all smiled wickedly.

“They say light and shadow are just flip sides of the same coin, like good and evil. You can’t have one without the other.” Three more copies emerged, leaving Echo completely surrounded. “But I beg to differ. Darkness doesn’t NEED the light to exist. Darkness simply is. When the light has died out, and faded, darkness remains.” She gestured again, and the flashbang vanished, swallowed up into the shadows. Likewise, the black inky tentacles from before returned, wrapping him up even tighter than before.

“It’s night time,” Wyldcard said, as she and her copies slowly advanced towards their helpless captive. “I’m in my element here. I have the advantage. Sorry, my friend, but your number’s up. You’re through. The curtain’s up, and the fat lady is singing.”

Parker grunted, straining to get a hand free, but this time the tentacles had no slack whatsoever. “It’s not... over yet..” he managed defiantly, as the six of them closed in. “I’ve still got... an ace in the hole...”

“Oh? Really?” Wyldcard said, grinning. She laughed, and the copies laughed as well. “I’ve got an infinite number of shadows here at my disposal. I’ve got you, tied and helpless, not to mention the fact that you were already battered, bruised, and broken BEFORE this little contest began! I have you completely at my mercy! What do YOU have?”

“He has me,” Shinobi replied, stabbing the centermost shadow deeply with her psionic blade. Wyldcard’s eyes widened, and a soft gasp managed to escape her lips before her body and mind seized up. The darkness faded from her body, revealing her true self once more. The shadow copies also faded, and the tentacles holding Parker in place dispersed. Veronica took savage glee at the girl’s discomfort, and twisted the blade inside her before jerking it free. “Night time is MY element as well, bitch,” she said, as the red-headed woman fell, her eyes fluttered closed. Her own eyes widened, and she put a hand to her forehead. “Oh... my.... that took a lot... more... out of me... than I thought,” she said before slipping to the ground next to her.

* * *

I have to fight it, I have to fight. Have to fight!

Another orgasm swept through Eva’s tortured form, and she nearly swooned, eyes rolling back into her head. The storm of colors bombarding her through the visor over her head seeped through for a moment before she remembered, and closed her eyes again, locking them out. The constant words being whispered nonstop through the earphones over her ears continued to eat away at her resolve.

She felt tired. Weary. Exhausted. Worse, she was beginning to lose her mind. She’d spent the last several hours locked in this torturous Chair, which was programmed to destroy her resistance and program her mind for obedience. Under normal circumstances she could resist, block out the litany of phrases pumping nonstop into her brain, telling her to obey, to be a good girl, to submit, to stop fighting, stop resisting...

DAMMIT! NO! I have to FIGHT! she thought desperately, nearly succumbing to the words. After more than nine hours, her mind was beginning to lose its focus. Add to that the fact that they’d stuck an IV drip in her arm to keep her drugged and docile, it was a wonder that she’d managed to hold out as long as she had. The vibrator wedged deep between her legs stirred to life again, temporarily distracting her, as she dimly considered whether she was better off spending the energy in fighting the sensations or simply submitting... submitting... to them, and saving her strength for the eventual orgasm. It took a few seconds before she realized she was mouthing the words ringing in her ears once again, and redoubled her efforts to resist.

Oh goddess... don’t know how much more... mmmmmmm... of this.... ohhhhhh... oh, yes... mmmm... I can take... I’m wearing down... ffuuuccckk!! MmmmMM! So good... Ugh! No... no, don’t get distracted. Have to hold out... have to fight this... and hope... someone figures out... what happened... and comes.. comes... ohhh... ohhh... fuck I’m cumming again... yyyyeeesssss!!!

Eva’s head went back as the pleasure exploded within her. Her mind whited-out for a moment. Was this her tenth climax? Her hundred? Her thousandth? She’d long ago lost count. She should have passed out long ago, but part of the cocktail pumping into her system was keeping her at least semi-conscious, awake enough to take in the hypnotic message bombarding her. The small part of her consciousness still able to think knew the reason why: when she finally did run out of strength, when the last bit of her resistance finally fell, she would be completely and totally helpless, open to any and every suggestion her tormentors would give her.

Not that it would take much more, she thought dimly. After all this time, who knows how much of that stupid litany has already soaked into my mind during the moments when I’ve lost my focus?

She sighed again, feeling her strength draining away, drop by drop, like the constant drip drip drip of the drugs being pumped into her vein. She was tired. So very tired. Even surrender was beginning to look like less of a tribulation that the ordeal she was currently experiencing. She could simply go to sleep, deep within her mind... a deep... restful... sleep...

NO! Can’t give up, can’t stop fighting... as good as it would feel... to... sleep... sleep... NO! Melissa! Yes... Melissa... I promised her... promised that I’d... come back to her... have to hang on... have to resist... have to... resist...

* * *

Elise Stewart sighed softly, lolling her head to the side as she regained consciousness. Her head hurt, and her arms felt slightly numb, as if she’d slept on them wrong. Her eyes fluttered open, then closed, wincing at the bright white light all around her. White light... Memory returned to her in an instant and she sat straight up with a gasp. She was in a room... a private hospital room from the looks of it.

“Ah. Yer awake. Good.” Eugene stepped into the room, arm in a sling, pulling a small stool with him with his free hand. Elise let out a yelp, then, realizing she was nearly completely nude, yelped again, trying to raise her arms to cover herself, only then discovering that they were shackled behind her back. Gene sat down across from her, giving the girl a moment to compose herself. He tilted his head to the side, quizzically, as she turned to the side, trying to shield herself from his gaze. “So, suddenly yer shy about yer body? Interesting. Still, a wasted effort. I saw more than enough of you earlier, when I helped bring you into this cell.”

Elise’s lip trembled. She knew what had happened, she remembered it vividly, even though at the time it seemed as if it was happening to someone else. “Wh... what... are you going to do to me?” she asked, fearfully.

Gene paused to consider. “Well, I suppose that really depends on you.” He shifted his sling-bound arm slightly, reaching into it with his free arm, and pulled forth a small particle weapon. “You tried to kill me. By all rights, I should blast ye to bits, and call it self-defense. And who could blame me?” The girl shuddered, drawing in her herself. “But... I’m not here for revenge. I’m here for information. If you tell me what I want to know, then I’ll consider letting you go.”

“But I...” she started, biting her lip. Her memories seemed more jumbled than usual, disjointed, and... just wrong. She vaguely remembered running from the hospital entrance after Echo... or was it Parker... to help him fight... herself? She shook her head to try and clear it, but the feeling of duality persisted. “I don’t know what’s happening to me. I feel... so confused...”

Sigh. “I was afraid of that. The girl that finally subdued you, the ninja... she used a psychic attack to take you down. Usually, she comes away with a bit of knowledge from her victim, and aside from a bit of momentary dizziness, no ill effects. This time, however, she seems to have bitten off a bit more than she could chew. The effort knocked her out cold, and she seems to be missing a bit of the last few hours.” He frowned. “She did, however, get a bit of YOUR memories in the exchange, particularly the part about you capturing a friend of ours, and dropping her off with some ‘doctor’ to do some kind of experimentation.”

Elise frowned as well. The haze was beginning to lift a bit now. She remembered the Doctor, his commands to her, the mission he’d sent her on... the mission... the mission. Her eyes narrowed, as a small pressure began to build inside her head. “I was sent... to kill... Dominic,” she said through gritted teeth. “I was... supposed to eliminate him... before he could talk...”

“Yes, well,” Gene said with a frown. “About that. You didn’t succeed in your mission, obviously... but the effect is the same. Dominic is dying. He’s got maybe another hour, if that. Dr. Boardman has examined him thoroughly, and run every test she could think of. Whatever tests your Doctor friend performed on him, it’s caused massive cellular decay. His body’s cells are basically self-destructing, and breaking down at an accelerated rate.” He shrugged. “So, I guess you need not have come out at all. He would have died without you having to lift a finger.” He sighed deeply. “For what it’s worth, the Doc also examined YOU while you were unconscious. Your cells show the same kind of genetic tampering, but even though they seem to be in a constant state of flux, your cellular integrity is stable.”

Elise sighed, the pressure in her head fading away. “I see.”

“Do ye now?” Gene asked, gesturing with his gun. “You seem rather calm, all things considered. We’re still trying to piece together what’s going on here, and who’s behind all of this. We know some of it. Dominic told me a good bit of it before he collapsed. Now I want the rest of it from you. I need to know who’s behind these attacks! Who are you working for? What’s yer purpose? What is your objective here?”

She sighed. “I don’t know what to tell you. I worked for the Doctor... but I don’t know his real name. I know a few others involved, but only by their first names. If you truly did examine my DNA, then you already know what their purpose is. They’re trying to perfect a way to give super powers to a normal person.” She paused, as the memory of her own abduction came back to her. Tears started to leak from her eyes. “They are ruthless. Brutally efficient. Why bother going through all that red tape when you can just experiment on the homeless, or criminals... or naive college students with no family and friends to come looking for them.” She laughed bitterly, the tears continuing to fall. “Everyone probably just thinks I quit... that college life was too hard and too expensive, and that I just ran off.”

Gene felt a pang of sympathy for the girl. He’d suspected that she was a victim in this as much as Dominic, despite her earlier antagonism towards them. Her previous statements just confirmed it. Still, as much as he hated playing rough with an innocent, the girl had information that he desperately needed. “Alright. So... what’s next on yer agenda? What are you supposed to do after taking care of Dominic?”

Elise laughed ruefully, shaking her head. “You’re asking me? Well... my objectives are simple. I want to graduate college in a few more years and get my degree. I want to get Donnie Knox to ask me out. But for the short term, I want to get back at the Doctor for doing this to me... for turning me into a freak... and messing with my head. I want to pay him back for using me as his puppet, his own little wind-up toy soldier!”

“Aye. I suppose so. My point, however, was whether or not your Doctor friend expected you back anytime soon. Is he likely to send someone else out after you, if you don’t return any time soon?”

“No. I rather doubt it. He’s all ‘twitter-pated’ over the psychic I brought him, going over her DNA with a fine tooth comb! He’s like a kid with a new toy—she’ll be all he’s focused on for at least the next couple of days.”

“HEY!” Echo yelled, stepping into the room. “That psychic just happens to be my Aunt! And if you want to continue breathing, you’d better tell us where she is!”

“Easy, lad,” Gene said, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. “We’re just getting to that.” Turning to face the redhead once more, he continued. “Well, you heard the lad. We want to know where the lass if being held.”

Elise gestured to the shackles behind her back. “I’ll do you one better. Let me go, and I’ll lead you right to them. I’ll even help you rescue your friend. All I ask is that you let me face the Doctor by myself.”

“You’re not in any position to start making demands,” Parker began, but Gene cut him off.

“You have yourself a deal, lass,” he said, stepping forward with the key to her shackles. “One thing, though. Well, two, really. One, you promise not to kill him. If he is the one behind all of this, then we need to question him afterwards. Feel free to beat the bloody hell of out him, but do NOT kill him. Agree to that, right here and now, or the deal’s off.”

Elise paused, considering. “Fine. We have a deal. So... what’s the second thing?”

“This ‘Doctor’ of yours... I need to know,” he said, reaching into his wallet. He took out a small photo, and held it up to her. “Is this the man the Doctor you’re talking about? Is he the one that caused all of this?”

Elise shook her head. “No. That’s not him. Sorry. He’s a tall, thin, spindly kind of guy, and pretty old, at least late fifties, early sixties.”

It’s not him, then. “Good enough,” Gene said, unlocking her restraints. “Remember our deal. We’ll follow your lead, so long as you stick with the agreement. No killing. Got it?” The girl nodded. “Alright. Just give me a minute or two to go upstairs. There’s one more member of our group that needs to be filled in. She should be up from her nap by now, anyway...”

“I’m afraid not, Mr. Frasier,” Dr. Boardman said, entering the room. “I... I don’t know what to say. No one saw her leave... and the room’s secured, the windows locked...”

Gene felt a hollow feeling in the center of his gut. “What is it Doc? What are ye trying to tell me?”

“Your wife. She... she just... disappeared.”