The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Veiled Threats

by J. Darksong

15.)

“You know,” Anastasia Albinn remarked idly, crouched down on the edge of the building’s fire escape, “this is the first time I’ve been on ‘patrol’ since before Parker was born. I’d forgotten how much fun this can be.”

Veronica chuckled softly, shaking her head. “Well, fun isn’t exactly the FIRST word that comes to mind when I think about skulking around on rooftops in the middle of the night... but I have to admit, it does have its moments, now and again. It’s also nice having a partner that can levitate us both up here instead of having to climb up the hard way.”

“Think nothing of it.” Ana glanced around the city from her perch. “Do you really think they’ll show up here tonight?”

“From the bits and pieces I gleaned from that fence Jenkins last night, this seems like the most likely place for them to strike. He wasn’t very clear on the specifics, but considering the two people suspected of committing this recent rash of robberies, I guess that’s to be expected.” She glanced at the blonde sidelong. “Besides... you’re the one with the foresight. I’d think you would know whether or not they’ll show up here or not.”

Ana sighed. “It doesn’t work that way. The future rarely shows you what you want to see, when you want to see it. I get flashes of insight, sometimes strong and clear, sometimes fuzzy and indistinct. And I can kind of direct it, kind of focus it to a specific area of interest... but I can’t really control it. The visions come when they come.” She grinned. “You know the saying? The future is a fickle mistress.”

“Well, I suppose that would make things a little too easy, anyway,” Roni said with a sigh. She unsheathed her sword, twirling it lightly in her hand, then slipped it back into its sheath again. She noticed Ana watching, and smirked, blushing slightly. “Sorry. Nervous habit, I guess.”

“An impressive display, habit or no,” Ana said. “I trust your hand is completely healed up now?”

Roni rubbed the back of her hand idly. “For the most part. The hand specialist did a wonderful job. I have full range of motion again, and there’s only the smallest scar from all the multiple surgeries it took to repair the damage. It still hurts a little... now and again, when I twist my wrist while gripping. Not that much, just a twinge... but it’s a little distracting. I know it’s kind of asking a lot to want it healed back perfectly with no problems, and that I should be grateful that it’s as good as it is...”

“...But you can’t help wanting it back just the way it was before,” Ana finished, nodding. “I don’t think it’s asking a lot. Maybe it just needs a little more time to finish healing.”

“Perhaps,” Roni said softly. “You know... I’m a Super, I suppose... but it’s not as if my powers are all that impressive. I can’t fly, I can’t shoot energy beams from my fingertips... my sole power is a weak psychic ability that manifests itself only through physical touch. I rely more on my speed, agility, marksmanship to take down bad guys that anything else. I guess... it kind of scares me to know that the skills that I depend on every day could be taken away so easily.”

“And with Parker finally regaining the full use of HIS powers, you’re suddenly shifted from the foreground to the background of your duo,” Ana stated. “You’re concerns about your place on the team now that he’s a powerhouse once more.” When Roni just gaped at her, she laughed. “Well, sweetheart, I AM psychic too, you know. My telepathy isn’t nearly as strong as my sister’s, but it does get the job done. Besides, I don’t need to read your mind to see how worried you’ve been these past few weeks when you’re with him.” She shrugged. “After all, you’re out here on patrol with me, instead of him.”

Roni blushed again. “Um, well, he said he had something important to discuss with Tina over at the compound in Redburton. And with Karen all healed up and patrolling the north side of the city... and you said you haven’t been on patrol in a while... and, um... well, we haven’t exactly had a change to talk much... alone... you and me...”

“Future mother-in-law to future daughter-in-law?” Ana hazarded a guess, eyebrow raised slightly. She held up a hand to silence Roni’s reply as a couple of people emerged from an alleyway below them, stepping into the light. Both heroines stared down at them for a few minutes, but the strangers continued on their way, apparently having no interest in the Treasury building across from them. “Sorry. I don’t mean to steal your thunder or anything, but I was beginning to wonder if you were EVER going to approach me on the subject.”

“Pitfalls of working with a psychic,” Roni muttered softly. “Okay. Since you brought it up... and you don’t seem to... actively dislike me, or aqnything, I am wondering how you feel about the idea of your son and I becoming... more... than just partners?”

Ana placed a hand gently on Roni’s shoulder. “I’d be more than happy to welcome you to the family, dear,” she said sincerely. “Truth be told, I already think of you as a daughter. And so does Eva, for that matter.” She hugged the young girl. “So, if you’ll indulge your future mom for a moment, can I ask why you haven’t brought up the subject with Parker yet? I’d think that if you were having such strong feelings concerning your future together you would have talked to him about it first!”

“It’s... because I need your advice,” she blurted out before she could change her mind. “You know about... about HOW Parker and I ended up together? I mean, you and Eva were... ahem... a part of it as well.”

Ana nodded, frowning. “Venus Satore. Yes... I remember THAT particular incident all too well. Why do you ask?”

“Well... before that witch worked her spell over Parker, myself, and everyone else in the city, I was a confirmed lesbian. I did, and still do, find the female body very attractive.” She said, raising an appreciative eyebrow at Anna. “Hell, before Parker, I never in my wildest dreams entertained the idea of having sex with a man! Between you and your son, you are definitely the one that gets my pulse racing the fastest.” She turned away, pacing slightly back and forth as she spoke. “If not for that twist of fate that bound us together, we would have never ended up together. Your sister, Eva, spent several weeks going through my mind, trying to undo most of what Satore’s spell did to my mind, but there wasn’t a lot she could do. It wasn’t mind control, per sae, it was more like a magic spell she’d cast over me, focused and directed through Parker’s love for me, and the desire to have that love returned. I am the way I am now because of her spell... and what scares me the most is the idea of one day waking up next to him with all my feelings of love and lust for him just... gone.”

Ana nodded. “Believe me, Veronica, there’s not a woman, lesbian or straight, that doesn’t have that same thought about their partner at one time or another. Magic has nothing to do with it. People fall in love, and people sometimes fall OUT of love, too. You’re scared because you’re uncertain about the future, but that’s just another part of life. No one knows what the future will bring,” she said with a smirk, “not even me. I get a glimpse here and there, but as for the big picture... well, that’s anyone’s guess. There are only three questions that you need to ask yourself concerning your future with my son. First of all... do you love him?”

“Yes,” Roni said, looking her in the eyes. “Yes, I do. I love him more than anything in the world.”

“Second, can you picture yourself spending the rest of your life with him? Growing old together? Raising a family together?”

“Yes. Of course, I can.”

“Good. Last question. How would you feel if Parker left, right now, and never came back?”

Roni gasped. “I... I don’t know. You mean... if Parker were out of my life forever?” She lowered her head, thinking. Never seeing his face again, seeing him smile, hearing his laugh. Feeling his rough, strong hands on her body, his arms holding her somehow so tight and yet so gentle at the same time. She shook her head. “I can’t... I can’t imagine. I’d feel... devastated. Like a part of me had died inside...”

Anastasia gently lifted Roni’s chin, until they were face to face again. “Then tell him. Tell him that you love him, and that you want to be with him for the rest of your lives. Be happy, and love each other, like every day was your last. Let the future work itself out.” She smiled softly, an honest but sad smile. “An old friend gave me that same advise once, but I didn’t listen. If I could go back in time... if I could change one thing about my life, it would be to tell myself to let Parker’s father know every single day just how much I loved him. I would never have fought with him. I wouldn’t have argued. And I wouldn’t have gone to bed angry at him, gone to sleep without making sure that everything was good between us.”

“Ana,” Roni said softly, hugging the older woman gently, letting her cry on her shoulder. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to bring up painful memories.”

“It’s okay,” Ana said after a moment. “It feels good... to vent now and again. The hurt is a lot less than it used to be.” She sighed, then stiffened in Roni’s arms. “Ohhhhh shit! Our friends are here. They are definitely going to make their move tonight.” She frowned, tilting her head slightly. “What did you say their names were, again?”

“The suspected robbers? Clyde Barrows and Bonnie Parker, a couple of low-life bank robbers Parker and I busted a few months ago. Colorful characters with a flair for the dramatic, but basically harmless. Why do you ask?”

Ana shuddered again, then sighed as the vision left her. “It’s them, alright. They’ll be here in a few minutes. But if the vision I just had is any indication, those two are anything BUT harmless.”

* * *

“Tina! Hey! How’re ya doing?” Parker said briskly as the above ground elevator door opened and his friend stepped outside.

“Um, hi, Pa... um, I mean, Echo,” she said with a wink, gesturing to the security camera watching them. “I got your call. What’s going on?”

“Lots of stuff, actually. For starters, I heard from your boss. His wife’s finally been recovered, and they’ll be returning sometime tomorrow afternoon. He was wondering if you and your fellow brainiacs have made any progress on either of those two little projects he left for you.”

“Funny you should ask,” Tina said with a grin. “The first one, we just finished earlier today. I ran the usual battery of tests, then re-ran them, and everything came out positive. The ray fires a perfectly synthesized version of the energy waveform he sent us... with a few slight differences. We’re still unable to create a broad spectrum effect like the original—the synthesized ray has a very narrow band of the electromagnetic spectrum, so its effects are obviously less focused. Of course, the effect can be somewhat improved upon through the use of multiphasic shifting—”

“Okay, okay, Professor,” Parker said, holding up both hands. “A simple ‘Yes-I-got-it-to-work’ will suffice. Now, what about the second project?”

Tina shook her head. “You never really studied in your Data Structure and Algorithms class, did you?” She sighed dramatically. “Anyway... the other project, the fine tuning to my Synaptic Interface helmet, is all done.” She frowned slightly. “I’m not sure why he insisted that I get THAT ready in the next few days, though...”

Parker glanced around, again noting the cameras. “Um... well, y’see... ah, hell.” Stepping closer, he grabbed Tina by the arms, “We need to go chat in private for a few minutes. Hold on to yer socks, kid.” With a burst of speed, Echo sprinted away with her in tow, skidding to a stop half a mile away from their starting point. “You okay, Tina?”

“Yeah,” she said, brushing the dust off of her clothes. “Wow! That was cool! We HAVE to do that again later!”

“Of course. You think I’m walking all the way back over there?” he said with a grin. “Anyway... I need to tell you something. Something important. And it needs to stay a secret, okay? I know I can trust you... after all, you’ve kept Veronica’s and my secret all this time. I guess it’s only fair that I let you in on this one as well.” He took a deep breath. “Eugene Frasier—”

“Is Armor Man?” Tina finished, causing Parker’s eyes to nearly bug out through his mask. She laughed. “That WAS what you were going to tell me, right?”

“Y... yeah... but how did you know?”

Tina pushed her glassed further back on her face. “My dear Parker, I am more than a pretty face you know! I actually have a brain inside my head. I have been in Mr. Frasier’s employ for almost a year now, and I’ve been involved in a lot of his ‘special’ projects, hi-tech devices and machines created for ‘research properties’ that never see the public eye. He is very good friends with you and Veronica, though you’re not related, and you obvious don’t travel in the same social circles. And we have Armor Man, hi-tech hero that shows up now and again to save the day, somehow sporting the same top of the line inventions that I helped engineer. Coincidence? I think not.” She grinned. “I just put two and two together. I have to say, though, I’m pretty sure none of the others working at the plant seem to have put it together. The only thing MORE obvious would be if he went around wearing the suit all the time and just put on a pair of glasses for his disguise. Seems pretty obvious to me, but I guess that’s just me.”

Parker groaned, slapping his forehead. “And here I was agonizing over how to let you in on the big secret. Fine. The purpose of getting the helmet ready was in case we ran across our old friend James Phelps again before he and the others got back to town. After the last encounter, he came up with a little something that might help even the odds a little bit. A while back he created a heavily armored version of his battle armor with a reinforced exoskeleton for use in underwater exploration, and areas of extreme pressure. Before he left, he retooled it, and set it up with your remote activation system, keyed to respond to the Synaptic Interface helmet you’ve been calibrating. He told me the specifics, and told me that if it looked like Phelps was headed back towards River City that I needed to get the Exo-Armor and the helmet ready, just in case.”

Tina blinked. “Wait... so you think Phelps is heading back this way?”

Parker sighed. “Looks like it. I’ve been keeping track of his movements, as well as doing a bit of digging around in other matters. He was last spotted about a hundred and twenty miles from here, heading east. That might seem a bit far, but considering how far the guy can leap and how fast he runs, it won’t take very long for him to get here. In the past six months he’s hit a total of twelve scientific installations, seven chemical plants, two high powered microwave transmitters, and most recently, five federal government research installations.” He sighed. “I managed to get a list of everything stolen, and was hoping Eugene could figure out what he’s up to from the list.” He took out a small slip of paper. “Here. You’re a techno-wizard... maybe you can figure out what all of this stuff might be used for.”

Tina glanced at the paper. “Hmmm... well I couldn’t say for sure, but from the list of chemicals and the equipment listed here, I’d say he was in the process of building some kind of energy condenser. We used something similar in the construction of the industrial laser array we’re using to try and recreate the nullifying energy pulse. Only... much bigger.” She frowned, biting her lip. “You’d really only need components from a microwave transmitter if you were planning on beaming a signal someplace really far away...”

“Or blanketing it over the entire Earth,” Parker said grimly. “Yeah, I did pay attention in SOME of my classes. Damn. The question now is whether or not it’s part of some mad scheme he cooked up himself, or whether he’s working for the same people that are behind this whole conspiracy.”

“And what they plan to do with their machine once they finish building it,” Tina added.

* * *

The armed guard glanced up as the entrance door swung open, and two black clad individuals with hats pulled down over their faces walked in. Nodding to the two guards behind the desk, he moved in to intercept. “Excuse me,” he said, placing a hand on his sidearm. “This building is closed. I’m going to have to ask you to leave. Now.”

“Closed? Well, that’s quite a shame. Quite a shame.” The man pulled off his hat, revealing his face. “And to think, we came all this way tonight to do some business.”

“Sorry, you’ll have to come back in the morning for any financial transactions...” The guard frowned, squinting slightly. “Hey, wait a minute. Don’t I know you? Yeah... yeah! You’re that guy, that bank robber that was in the news last week!” He drew his gun, pointing it straight at the man’s chest.

“Clyde Barrows, at your service,” he said, bowing slightly. “And of course you know my partner, Ms. Bonnie Parker. You’re no doubt familiar with our rather lengthy career of flamboyant and extravagant heists, holdups, and thievery. Ah, but that was in the past. My dear sweet Bonnie and I have turned a new chapter in our lives... and as such, we’ve decided to turn over a new leaf, so to speak.”

“So, what? You’re here to turn yourselves in and give back everything you’ve stolen?” the guard asked, confused.

The two criminals laughed. “No, no, silly boy,” Bonnie replied, removing her own hat, tossing it to the ground. “We’re not here to make a deposit. We’re here to make a withdrawal. We’re just dispensing with the cheap theatrics this time around and going straight for the money.”

“Alright. I’ve had enough of this bullshit. Get your hands up, both of you.” He glanced sidelong towards the front desk. “Hey, Curran? Go ahead and call the police. Tell them we have a couple of crazies here, thinking they can rob the gold repository.”

Clyde glanced over at Bonnie and nodded. She stepped forward, swaying her hips enticingly as she did, causing the guard to turn his weapon towards her. “Hold it! Stop right where you are, Miss, or I’ll be forced to shoot.”

“Shoot me?” Bonnie said, smiling devilishly. “Now, now... that’s not very nice is it? Threatening to shoot a sweet... innocent... thing like me?” She licked her lips with a flourish, swinging her hips in an exaggerated swivel as she continued forward, step by step. “You don’t REALLY want to shoot me, do you?”

The guard appeared completely spellbound, eyes wide and glazed, a smile slowly creasing his lips. He shook his head slowly, his arm trembling as it began to lower slowly back to his side. Bonnie’s smile grew, as did the guard’s. “Now, why don’t you be a good boy, and hand that nasty old weapon of yours over to me?”

“Hand over... my weapon?” the guard said, as if confused. Never taking his eyes off her for an instant, he reversed his hold on the weapon, and slowly handed it towards her, handle first. “Here,” he said, sighing in pleasure at having done as requested, “this is for you.”

“Good boy,” Bonnie said, pointing the weapon towards the smiling guard. “And this is for you!”

The guard went down in a blast of laser fire, the smile never leaving his face. The two guards behind the main desk, seeing their fellow guard taken out, rose up, rushing towards the pair with their weapons drawn. “Freeze! Drop the gun! Do it now!” the second guard yelled, each of them covering one of the criminals with their weapon. “Police are on their way! Give it up! There’s no way out of this for you!”

“No way out?” Clyde said, laughing. “My dear fellow, there’s ALWAYS a way out. You just have to know how to find it.” He started walking towards the guards, who immediately began firing. Clyde continued forward, yawning in boredom as the laser blasts passed harmlessly through him, striking the wall behind him. The two guards backed away, slowly, continuing to fire, cursing loudly as their adversary continued to close on them. “You see? There’s always a way out of any predicament, gentlemen,” he stated, raising his hands, reaching out towards the guards. His hands slipped easily through their chests, and they froze, gasping in pain. “Although sometimes, the only way out... is to make your own opening!”

Clyde flexed his hands, intending to burst the men’s chests wide open from the inside out, when an unknown force shoved him backwards, simultaneously dragging both guards out of harm’s way, unconscious, but alive. “What? What was that?” he growled, looking quickly around the room. “Who did that? Show yourselves!”

“That would be my partner and I,” Shinobi said, dropping down lightly from the ceiling to the floor below. Anastasia slid in through the window skylight moments later, using her telekinesis to glide gently to the ground next to her. Damn. Just like in her vision, we were too late to save the first guard. Dammit! Roni turned her gaze from the corpse to the ones responsible”. Well, Clyde, I see you and Bonnie got yourselves an upgrade.” She crossed her arms at her chest. “Such are the times we live in. It used to be that only truly unique and extraordinary individuals were gifted with special powers. But now it seems they’re just giving them out to anybody!”

“You again?” Bonnie said with a savage grin. “Oh, this is too perfect! I’ve SO wanted to pay you back for the last time we met!”

“Yes, well... you’re not going to get to!” Anastasia said defiantly, adopting a fighting pose. When everyone, including Shinobi glanced at her, she shrugged. “What? So I’m a little rusty on my heroine-villain banter. Sue me!”

“How about I crush you instead?” Clyde said, charging towards her, arms outstretched. “I’m going to rip you apart, limb by limb, Blondie, ‘til there’s nothing left of you!”

“Wow. Getting genetically altered by that Doctor fellow certainly seems to have made your partner there quite bloodthirsty,” Roni quipped, drawing a pair of throwing knives from her belt as she stalked towards Bonnie. “Maybe you should forget trying to rob the treasury and take him home and give him a good old fashioned shagging. It works wonders.”

“Shut up, you limey little twit!” Bonnie growled, firing at the ninja with her purloined blaster. Shinobi nimbly dodged each blast, cartwheeling across the room with ease before landing back on her feet again. “Damn you! Stand still!” Bonnie yelled, firing again, trying in vain to connect.

“Stand still? What do I look like, a bloody idiot?” Roni replied, tossing a knife before leaping back to avoid the latest barrage of laser fire. The knife struck true, taking Bonnie in the hand, causing her to drop the gun in pain.

Meanwhile, Ana was having her own troubles holding off Clyde. “Ugh! You’re... a lot... stronger... than you look...” she gasped, straining with all her might to repel Clyde, who was slowly but surely advancing towards her. “I’ve been able... to hold off a... uuhhnnn... speeding train with just my mind... but you are... seriously... tasking me...”

“That’s me, Blondie,” he said with a smirk, gaining another few inches, “more powerful than a locomotive. Anyway, it’s not about strength, it about mass. I can control the density of every single cell of my body, and right now I’m about fifty times denser than lead. Since force is equal to mass times acceleration, it must feel like the rock of Gibraltar is coming towards you!”

“I see,” Anastasia said, panting, racking her brain to come up with a solution. “Then maybe what I need to do... is to fight force... with force!” With a final burst of power, she lifted herself skywards as she simultaneously removed the repulsion she’d been using to hold Clyde back. No longer being blocked, Clyde surged forward, stumbling, unable to arrest his forward motion. With a shout, he crashed headfirst into the wall, and through it, tripping and falling through the floor, down into the basement level.

“CLYDE!” Bonnie yelled, seeing her partner taken down. Angrily, she glared at both women that stalked her, then, abruptly, forced a smile onto her face. “Okay. I have to give you both your props. You’ve been doing the hero thing longer than we’ve been doing the super villain thing. You have a clear cut advantage over us in experience, and familiarity with your powers and the best way to use them. But there’s one little thing we have that you don’t.”

“Oh really?” Ana said, generating her psionic blade from her right hand, drawing her sword with the left. “And what might that be, pray tell?”

“We don’t play fair,” Bonnie replied, tossing a small round object towards the ninja. Shinobi reacted, slicing the object in half with her sword. Gas erupted forth from the destroyed container, engulfing both heroines. They began coughing, stumbling back, trying to get clear of the cloud, but the damage had already been done. The ninja dropped down to one knee as a wave of dizziness swept through her, and a soft moan escaped her lips. Ana, having received a momentary glimpse of trouble seconds before, managed to erect a telekinetic shield around herself, protecting her from the worst of it, but she too inhaled some of the gas. She shook her head to try and clear it as Bonnie walked up to her, an eerie smile etched on her face.

“That should level the playing field considerably,” she said, staring intently into Ana’s eyes. “Now. Why don’t you be a good little superheroine and surrender to me. Doesn’t that sound like a good idea?”

Ana blinked, then blinked again rapidly. She wanted to shake her head no, but for some reason her body felt abnormally stiff and stilted. She resisted the urge to smile back at the girl staring so intently at her, but it took a lot of effort. Something’s wrong. She’s trying to manipulate my mind somehow. I know I don’t want to surrender to her... I need to... to... fight it... fight her... somehow... but I can’t quite remember how to do that... or... why I should fight... something’s very very wrong here! Damn gas... can’t catch my breath... making it so hard... to concentrate...

“You know you want to surrender to me,” Bonnie continued, taking a step closer. She reached out, placing a hand lightly on the older woman’s shoulder. “You know it would feel sooo good right now to just give up... give in to me... surrender yourself to my will. You can’t fight me. And as you stand there, listening to me, utterly fascinated, you’ll find that you’re starting to forget to even try to fight.”

“N.... no...” Ana said slowly, feeling her brain begin to twist and turn like a piece of taffy. “I need... need to fight you... need to... to stop you...” She closed her eyes, blinking again, but much slower this time. “I need... need to... do... something...” She blinked again, eyes opening even slower. “What... was it... I needed to do?”

“You needed to surrender to me,” Bonnie purred softly, her smile growing wicked. “You need to give yourself over to me, completely, totally... to let all those bad old thoughts just drift away... to let those thoughts sleep... all your thoughts sleep. Doesn’t that sound like fun?”

“Sounds... like... fun...” Ana slurred, her eyes fluttering, barely managing to stay open, “letting my... thoughts... sleep...”

Bonnie’s smirk of victory turned to a look of stark surprise as Shinobi’s psychic knife pierced her, sending a lightning bolt of sheer psionic energy into her brain. She froze in place, eyes wide, as the ninja forced her way through the woman’s psyche, cutting through her defenses, reading her every thought and feeling. With a sigh, she jerked the blade free, watching as the girl collapsed like a marionette with its strings cut. Walking over to Ana, she slapped her face gently, shaking her, trying to bring her back to full consciousness.

“Wh... wha... what? Ow! OW! Okay, okay, I’m awake again!” Ana complained, pushing the ninja away. She shook her head, rubbing her cheek lightly. “Geez. You don’t have to beat me into a coma just to wake me up again, you know.”

“Sorry. You have had me a little worried there. Wasn’t sure how deep she got into your head.” She shrugged. “Could be worse. At least we didn’t reenact that scene from ‘Airplane’ with the line of people waiting to slap that hysterical woman from the plane.”

Ana laughed. “Yes, I remember. That’s a good movie, but isn’t it a bit before your time?”

“Yes, it is. But Parker seems to like it. He’s rented it at least two dozen times.” Walking over to the corner, she knelt down to examine the guards. “Looks like these two are just stunned. They should be okay. And it sounds like the cavalry is almost here.”

“Then go out and greet them, and fill them in,” Ana said, floating up from the floor, moving towards the large hole in the wall. “I’ll see if I can dig her partner up out of the foundation.” She focused her power downward and pulled. “I should have the both of them all wrapped up with a little bow by the time you finish informing the boys in blue.”

“Sounds good.” She smiled cheerfully, heading towards the door. “I guess we make a pretty good team, ‘mom’. I hope we get to do this again sometime soon.”