The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

THE VOICES

By Interstitial

9. TRANSCRIPT #1

Tere õhtust,

A quick note, if I may interject. The ‘author’ has suggested that it would be helpful context for you, the ‘reader’, assuming you exist, to be privy to some of our actual conversations for the purposes of authenticity.

I agree wholeheartedly. The facts are the facts; and aside from all else, it might save me the tedious and time-consuming business of writing any more of these damn letters.

I wish you the very best of luck in making sense of these scribblings.

I believe it is polite to conclude by inviting you to feel free to get in touch if you have any questions, or if you require clarification on any matter.

I will do my best to completely ignore all such correspondence.

Hüvasti,
Karsten Talv
* * *
AUTHOR:

Interview with Mister Talv, November 28, Tallinn, concerning the matter of the meme. Mister Talv has agreed that certain -

KARSTEN TALV:

Yes, yes, yes, in the interests of proof, I hereby consent to the publication of certain direct transcriptions of my cosy little fireside conversations with you, the ‘author’. Now get on with it. I haven’t got all day.

A:

Ah, thank you. Kar—ah, Mister Talv—can you explain a bit more about the plan you’d hatched for the meme, and how it related to ___________?

KT:

Certainly. The recording device is working, I presume?

A:

Yes.

KT:

Good. We do not want any more inaccuracies slipping into the narrative, do we?

[Uncomfortable silence; sound of rustling papers]
KT:

Well, do we?

A:

Ah, no, Mister Talv.

KT:

Fine. Then I will explain. In the first instance, my simple thinking was as follows. The disruptive Mr _________ would shortly be attending an event, in New York, for ‘secret high level talks’, as the politicians term them. Specifically, at the United Nations building on the East River. You know it, of course? Good. Then you’ll know that security there is almost impenetrable. You’ll also know that __________’s own security, being mainly comprised of sociopathic ex-war criminals, adds another even more problematic layer of danger to anybody trying to reach him directly. Certainly, whatever my other capabilities, I could not do so personally.

But what if there was an indirect route? Do you see? The meme could do it, theoretically. All I’d need to do is get the meme into a position of, how shall we say, indirect transit. Perhaps the staff at _________’s hotel. Perhaps then into one of the security detail. And from there, perhaps—what did you say?

A:

Sorry, yes. I was just going to say, if the meme could travel to -

KT:

Stop. Don’t interrupt. And no second guessing, it’s not helpful.

A:

Apologies, Mister Talv. Please continue.

[KT sighs exasperatedly]
KT:

As I was saying. From there, perhaps to ________ himself. And once there, my thinking was that the meme might somehow be able to affect him, affect his mind, directly.

A:

I see. But affect him in what way?

KT:

That is the big question. In all fairness, I wasn’t sure at the time. The meme is quite unpredictable, as you already know. In fact the damn thing is batshit crazy, to use the vernacular, and even more so now.

A:

Is there a way to talk to the meme? Get its—her—point of view?

KT:

No. And believe me, you wouldn’t want to.

A:

Where is it now?

KT:

[Louder] Just drop the subject. Suuori, get us some drinks. Iced tea.

SUUORI:

Yes, Mister Talv.

KT:

Have you been listening to all this, Suuori?

S:

I couldn’t help overhearing, Mister Talv.

KT:

And your opinion is…?

S:

I have no opinion, Mister Talv.

KT:

Good. Quite right. And you, ‘author’, do you have an opinion?

A:

Well… the way you tell it, the meme does seem quite strange.

KT:

The way I tell it? These are the simple facts we’re talking about here!

A:

Ah, yes, of course…

KT:

The meme presents as borderline psychotic, by human standards—quite unlike normal people like you or me, for example. But my theory was—is—that it is as impossible to understand its fragmented mentality on our terms as it is to understand a cat, or a dolphin, or a denizen of Alpha Centauri. It is, after all, hundreds—possibly thousands—of years old, and comprises all the experiences and thoughts and neuroses it’s collected along the way. It self-reinvents constantly. Such a thing is beyond our mayfly comprehension. Ah, thank you Suuori; quite delicious. As is the drink.

[Clink of ice in glass.]
SUUORI:

Mister Talv…? I don’t like to hear you talking about the—the creature. It upsets me.

KT:

All right, off you go then.

[Sound of departing footsteps]
KT:

And speaking of Suuori, just look at the effect the meme had on her… do you like her, by the way? I can see you do. Shall I send her to you, later this evening? No need to be embarrassed, she’s very willing. Also versatile. Do you know what Suu-Ori means?

A:

No…

KT:

She’ll happily show you, later. Interested? Yes, I thought so. Later, then.

A:

Ah, yes, thank you…

KT:

Do let me know what you think. I’ve taught her some extraordinary tricks over the last few months. If I may offer a small tip, Suuori takes particular pleasure in […inaudible…] and if you are prepared to allow her to […inaudible…] it will drive her completely wild. Anyway, enough of that; let’s return to the matter in hand.

So in theory, I might be able to get the meme to New York, and use its intangible travelling abilities to reach Mr _________ himself. That much was clear. We’d need a route in, of course, albeit at several removes, but I was fairly sure that would be achievable.

A:

And once inside _______’s mind, the meme might implant thoughts of world peace, for example?

KT:

I just didn’t know. Even the meme didn’t know for sure; it never knows what will gel until it’s inside someone’s head. It would have to improvise, basically; use whatever weapons were to hand. But there are still a few missing pieces in this particular jigsaw, are there not?

A:

There are?

KT:

Yes, obviously. Don’t be dense, please.