The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“Weird Science”

TRANSCRIPT OF PENELOPE WALDEN’S ADDRESS TO THE MIT WOMEN IN SCIENCE STUDY GROUP, MARCH 22, 2009:

Greetings, ladies! I can’t tell you how gratified I am to be here with you today. And not because I simply like hearing myself talk, either. [laughter] No, I’m gratified to be in the presence of so many young women who, like me, share an interest in the sciences. I won’t pretend that we all share an identical interest; my field is chemistry, but yours may be robotics or genetics or astrophysics. We don’t share a common discipline, but we speak a common language. We are all specialized in different fields, we all have different interests, but we all share that common love, that desire to understand just how the world works.

It has not been easy, pursuing that interest. Many of you, in fact most of you, have had to endure the discouragement of your peers. You’ve probably all heard it from someone during your academic careers, hurtful phrases like, ‘Women aren’t smart enough to study science’, or ‘Women don’t have the intellectual discipline for this field’, or even ‘You should concentrate on finding a good husband instead’. We’ve all heard phrases like that. Many men have said phrases like that to me. In fact, one of them is licking my boots right now. [nervous laughter]

But all of us here have perservered through that discouragement, and due to the pioneering work of the women who have come before us, we have to battle less of it now than ever. Women are accepted as scientists, even encouraged to enter the scientific fields that were once barred from them. You have all traveled further along the path than the women before you, and you can hold your heads up high for that. [applause]

There is still a field, though, in which the female scientist is woefully underrepresented. Some of you have refused to enter that field through choice, but all too many of you have been discouraged from joining the most exciting branch of science of all. Some of you may not even know of its existence. I speak here, of course, of mad science.

[scattered murmurs of confusion] Of course, most of you are wondering exactly what I’m talking about. Surely mad science is the province of late-night movies and bad science-fiction novels, right? No. There is only one difference between the mad scientist and his weaker, less adventurous peers in the mainstream. The regular scientist desires to understand how the world works. The mad scientist desires to understand how the world works so they can control it.

Think about it. Many of you have probably began an experiment not just with the plan to understand a phenomenon, but with concrete goals on what to use that phenomenon for once you’ve understood it. Perhaps you planned to build a robot to take out the trash. Perhaps you planned to use behavioral conditioning to train your room-mate to do your homework. Maybe you planned to demolish Cleveland with a genetically engineered giant ferret. In all these cases, your peers, your teachers, your friends and your family discouraged you. They dismissed your ideas. They called you ‘weird’.

I say to you today, ladies, there is no such thing as ‘weird science’. There is only ‘mad science’, and it’s time we started practicing it right alongside the men! [scattered applause]

I was once like you, a humble chemistry student toiling nights in my basement. My schooling was substandard; I dropped out of college due to disputes over an attitude they claimed was “arrogant”, “amoral”, “unethical”, even “unstable.” Notice the words, ladies. When a man creates brand-new recreational drugs, they call him ‘mad’. When a woman does it, they call her ‘unstable’. This kind of language-based gender discrimination continues on campuses today.

Despite my lack of formal training, though, my work continued. I didn’t even know what ‘mad science’ was, then; I only knew that when I gave someone their first hit of Scatterbrain and watched as they asked me seven times in four minutes what they’d taken that I had created something unique, something inventive, something that would show everyone who had mocked me just what a brilliant chemist I truly was. I had conquered not just the chemistry of the human brain, not just the person whose ability to concentrate was reduced to that of a spastic lemur, but everyone who had ever doubted me. I felt that same surge of power that any good mad scientist feels. And you can feel it too.

Because you are not alone. Other people feel the same way you do. They, like you, see science not merely as a tool to understand the universe, but as a tool to gain revenge on your enemies, a tool to crush all those who oppose you, a tool not just to understand, but to control. I remember the day I found a community of people like that, the bittersweet mingling of triumph and frustration as I discovered that mad science was real...but that the gates to that paradise were barred to me, simply because of my gender.

But I did what any good mad scientist would do. I. Smashed. That. Gate. Down! [scattered cheers] We are not like other people, ladies! The mad scientist never passively accepts the scorns of other people, the limits of their ambitions, or even necessarily the laws of physics themselves! We understand that every obstacle is just another opportunity—an opportunity to use science to overcome it! And we are overcoming it, ladies. The world of mad science is changing, and there is now a place for women like you. I know this for a fact. I know this because I have personally brainwashed most of the prominent men in the field, and when they’re not obediently licking my pussy or helping me capture others to enslave, they’re finding women like you! They are no longer discouraging, they are nurturing! They are mentoring! They are obeying mindlessly and without question!

Today, many of the best mad universities—Ingoldstadt State, Miskatonic University, IOU—are accepting women as students in their programs! The heads of these universities are finally beginning to see the potential of the female mad scientist. Where once they insisted that women didn’t have the temperament to create a race of nubile cheetah-temptresses, today they are accepting those very same nubile cheetah-temptresses into their undergraduate programs! [scattered cheers, some confused murmurs, a few pockets of puzzled silence]

But the process is never-ending. I found my calling that day, ladies. It wasn’t just mad science. It was helping other women like me find the mad scientist within, and giving a helping hand to the female mad scientists who believe themselves, like I once did, to be toiling alone. You never have to be alone again, ladies. I believe that you have what it takes to be truly mad. You don’t have to follow the paths of other scientists, not when you can blaze your own trail through the wide and unexplored fields of mad science. Maybe you’ll be reanimating corpses, maybe you’ll be destroying the moon, or maybe you, like me, will discover the pleasures of enslaving others to your will. It’s a wide field. Follow your bliss.

When you do, I will be there to welcome you. I don’t just need peers, I need allies! [scattered cheers] I need friends! [cheers] I need comrades! [cheers] I need kindred intellects! [cheers] I need sisters in spirit! [loud cheers]

But I don’t need competition, so if you’ll all just look up here for a moment... [sound like a flashbulb going off]

Very good, ladies. Now just relax, and obey. I’d like you all to repeat after me: “Penelope Walden knows best in all things.”

[Audience] Penelope Walden knows best in all things.

“I will put Penelope Walden’s interests ahead of my own in every way.”

[Audience] I will put Penelope Walden’s interests ahead of my own in every way.

“I will never attempt to do anything that would harm Penelope Walden on any level.”

[Audience] I will never attempt to do anything that would harm Penelope Walden on any level.

“If Penelope Walden ever needs anything from me, no matter what, I will give it freely and without hesitation.”

[Audience] If Penelope Walden ever needs anything from me, no matter what, I will give it freely and without hesitation.

“If Penelope Walden ever needs me to do anything, no matter what it is, I will do it immediately and without ever doubting the wisdom of such an action.”

[Audience] If Penelope Walden ever needs me to do anything, no matter what it is, I will do it immediately and without ever doubting the wisdom of such an action.

“I do not mind at all that Penelope Walden used the Hyptronic Inducer to ensure my loyalty, because I understand that she knows best in all things and her interests are more important than my own.”

[Audience] I do not mind at all that Penelope Walden used the Hyptronic Inducer to ensure my loyalty, because I understand that she knows best in all things and her interests are more important than my own.

“I will only remember the content of this speech if my interests lie in the field of mad science; if not, I will remember only that this was a boring and unmemorable afternoon.”

[Audience] I will only remember the content of this speech if my interests lie in the field of mad science; if not, I will remember only that this was a boring and unmemorable afternoon.

Very good...and wake. In closing, I would like to paraphrase the immortal words of the late Professor Zaroff, and tell all of you gathered here today, “Nothing in the world can stop us now!” [wild applause] Thank you, ladies, you’ve been a wonderful audience for me today. I hope to be hearing from many of you again soon.

TRANSCRIPT ENDS.