The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Adventures of Hypno-Girl #1

Dana Collins attempts to balance her mundane daily life with the exciting, dangerous exploits of her super-powered heroine alter-ego, Hypno-Girl

(This story takes place in J. Darksong’s River City, with his blessing; he co-authored it with me, and I am extremely honored to contribute to his fantastic literary world. I cannot thank him enough for giving Hypno-Girl a home)

Part One: Just Your Friendly Neighborhood Hypnotist

“Alright ladies and gentlemen, be sure to practice your routines for next week! Have a great rest of your day!” Dana said cheerfully.

“Bye, Miss Collins!” several of the young boys and girls in her class said, smiling and waving as they gathered their belongings and walked toward their waiting parents.

Dana smiled and waved back, nodding to several of the parents who made eye-contact with her.

A twenty-year-old college drop-out, Dana Collins taught beginner dance classes for children.

She was very pretty young woman, five-foot-five with a very fit, athletic frame. She had fair skin and thick fiery red hair that reached past her shoulders, along with deep dazzling green eyes. Her breasts were not large, but were firm and well-shaped, and she had perfect feet, at least according to a dance instructor who had been obsessed with them.

Dana had taken dance classes from the age of six, and was an accomplished hip-hop and jazz dancer by the time she was thirteen. She had been a football cheerleader in high school, as well as a gymnast and soccer player. In addition, her police-officer father had insisted she switch from dance lessons to martial arts when she started junior high; Dana shown a strong aptitude for them, earning two different black belts by the time she was seventeen and winning several city and regional competitions.

Dana had been something of a slacker academically during high school; popular and outgoing, she put forth minimal effort in her classes, coasting by on her personality and looks. Her mother had passed away when she was fourteen, and she had always been “daddy’s little girl”, having her father wrapped around her finger and being able to get away with whatever she wished.

Then her father had been shot while on duty when just before her senior year; he had ended up having to retire on disability, needing a lot of care during his recovery and rehab. Dana had been forced to grow up and become responsible almost overnight; she stopped hanging out with her friends, quit cheerleading and spent most of her time outside of school taking care of her cantankerous father. She barely graduated; after high school, her father’s condition had improved enough that he didn’t need as much help physically, though he still needed a lot of looking after, especially with Dana’s mother gone. Dana had enrolled in some classes at the local community college, but had little interest in more school. She dropped out after one semester and took a job at a dance studio teaching dance classes for children ten and under to bring in some money to help her father keep their modest townhouse.

After her students departed, Dana went back into the studio’s female employee locker room. She nodded to Bethany, a thirty-year-old ballet instructor who was preparing to teach a class; Bethany was arrogant and a bit conceited, and sometimes seemed to look down on Dana and her style of dance. However, she was nice enough most of the time, and the two women usually got along.

“Hey Bethany,” Dana said as she walked past the ballerina.

“Hello Dana. How did your class go?” Bethany asked politely.

“Oh, fine. The kids are pretty enthusiastic. I have three boys in this one now, which is pretty cool,” Dana replied as she began to enter the combination to her locker.

“That is nice; I am glad that we are getting more male students,” Bethany replied with a nod.

“Me too. Have a good class, Bethany,” Dana replied, opening her locker door and taking out a small gym bag.

“Thank you, Dana. Have a good rest of your day,” Bethany replied.

Dana couldn’t help but admire the blonde woman’s physique; Bethany had been born to dance, and only turned to others teaching after her second ACL tear had limited her own performances.

She could use a bit more meat on her bones, but she is damned sexy. Fuck, if dad knew I liked girls as much as guys, he’d have a coronary, Dana thought, suppressing a chuckle.

Dana watched as Bethany walked out of the locker room, or more accurately she watched the ballerina’s sexy ass.

Not that I am ever going to meet anyone; I don’t have time to date, men or women, she added with a small sigh.

Dana had realized she was bisexual during her senior year in high school, after a spontaneous and very enjoyable tryst with a teammate on the cheerleading squad.

While Bethany wasn’t exactly her type, Dana could appreciate the woman’s beauty, allowing herself to imagine kissing her for a moment.

You know, you could do it and she’d never even know it happened…Damn it, Dana! You cannot start doing things like that…okay, you can’t start doing those things again, she admonished herself silently.

Dana sighed again as she stood in front of her locker and removed her tight hot pink sleeveless top and black footless leggings, stuffing them into her gym bag before stepping into the shower and letting the hot water cascade over her sore muscles for a moment. Her body sported several large bruises and scrapes, none of which were the result of her job, nor her regular vigorous exercise and martial-arts training.

After her shower, Dana quickly dried off and got dressed in a pair of jeans and a dark purple long-sleeved crop top that showed off her fantastic abs and large glittering pink crystal navel-piercing.

She slipped on a pair of simple purple flip-flops and put her hair into ponytail, then opened her locker and retrieved the black backpack with hot-pink trim she took everywhere. She slung the backpack over her shoulder and picked up her gym bag and exited the studio through a side door that was only for employees.

Dana walked down the sidewalk in the warm late afternoon sun, lost in thought; she knew her neighborhood like the back of her hand, and she easily navigated around other pedestrians and across streets while barely aware of her surroundings as she went over various things she needed to attend to. Two blocks from the dance studio she turned right and walked another three blocks before entering a small salon.

“Hi Dana! I wasn’t sure if you were going to make it!” A short, pretty blonde with dark blue eyes called from the back corner of the room.

The salon was empty; it was 3:55, five minutes before it closed for the evening.

“Hey Lynde. Sorry, my class ran a little long; I wanted to make sure a couple of my students got the encouragement they needed. I would have texted you but my phone is dead,” Dana replied.

She walked over to a big, comfortable spa pedicure chair and dropped her bags on the floor before flopping into it.

“No sweat, girl. I wasn’t going to bail until I heard from you. I would worry if you didn’t show; It wouldn’t be like you, and I know how you are about your feet,” Lynde replied as she walked over to where Dana sat.

Lynde and Dana had been friends since they were five years old; Lynde’s mother was a patrol sergeant at the same precinct where Dana’s father had been a detective.

Dana eyed her friend with a combination of appreciation and desire; Lynde was a very pretty young woman. She was shorter, curvier and more overtly sexy than Dana. Her hair, makeup and nails were always beautiful and perfect, and she had very nice breasts that were perhaps a bit large for her frame. Her hair currently had bright pink streaks in it, and she wore big silver hoop earrings. She wore a pink tank top and white shorts, along with pink flip-flops; her long fingernails were sky blue with abstract silver designs on them, and she wore a stack of silver bracelets on her right wrist. She had on a silver anklet with a quarter-note charm hanging from it, and her toenails were painted white with pink hearts stenciled on them.

Much to Dana’s disappointment, Lynde was quite straight.

“How I am about my feet? You redo your nails every three days!” Dana protested with a laugh.

Lynde snorted.

“Well, I am a nail tech, babe. I change polish, I don’t get a full pedicure every week like you do, Miss Perfect Feet,” she retorted.

Dana rolled her eyes.

“Our dance teacher said that when I was fucking twelve! She was probably a pervert and we didn’t realize it,” she said with a sigh.

Lynde turned on the foot spa, and Dana kicked off her flip flops and put her feet into bubbling water.

“Whatever, you loved that she thought you had the best feet she’d ever seen. “Oh Miss Collins, you have such perfect feet!” she used to say every damn class,” Lynde teased.

Dana sighed again.

“Lynde, you are the one that keeps bringing it up… for the last eight years,” she said in exasperation.

“Maybe I am jealous,” Lynde said with a laugh.

She reached over and turned on the chair’s massager.

Dana closed her eyes and let out a soft moan of pleasure.

The chair felt wonderful on her sore muscles.

“Mmmm…jealous of what? It isn’t like your feet are ugly, for fuck’s sake; in fact, they are super cute. I would trade my feet for your big tits any day. What woman sits around wanting nice feet?” Dana huffed quietly.

“Oh, cut the shit, girl. You love that you have nice feet, and every woman wants pretty feet and you know it. That’s why you come in here every Friday for this,” Lynde retorted as she got her tools ready.

Dana chuckled.

“Maybe I just come in for the chair’s massage function, ever think about that, smart girl? Oh, fuck it! I do want my feet to look nice, okay? But I get the pedis every week because I have to take care of them; between my job and my…extracurricular activities, they need a lot of attention…fine, I am vain about my feet, okay? Get to work,” she said playfully.

Lynde shared a laugh with her friend as she started the pedicure.

Dana kept her eyes closed, enjoying the massage from the chair and her friend’s skilled touch on her feet.

“All kidding aside, just relax honey. You deserve it. What color do you want?” Lynde asked as she worked.

Lynde gave Dana a free pedicure every Friday.

“Let’s see…how about black this time. Bright pink spirals on my big toes,” Dana said.

“You got it. You know I will do your fingers too, if you want,” Lynde said.

“I know, and I appreciate that. I have to keep them short, and I just paint them myself. It doesn’t look great, but I always chip them pretty fast anyway,” Dana murmured.

The chair was lulling her to sleep.

“Of course, silly me. I see you have some new bruises; busy night last night?” Lynde asked.

Dana chuckled.

“Just a couple of muggers; they were trying to take old Mrs. Wilson’s purse,” she replied.

“Assholes; what is she, like eighty now? It looks like they got some shots in though; are you okay, Dana?” Lynde asked, genuine concern in her voice.

“I’m fine, thank you. They are hating life today, though,” Dana replied with satisfaction.

“I swear you like hitting people, and maybe getting hit, too. You should have become a boxer. You could have probably stopped them without touching them,” Lynde said with a touch of exasperation.

Dana sighed.

“It isn’t quite that easy; one of them was so shifty, he didn’t look at me long enough. He was a crazy violent fucker though. But I got him. He won’t be bothering Mrs. Wilson or anyone else anytime soon. And just for the record, I kicked them a lot too,” she said smugly.

Now Lynde sighed as she quickly and expertly continued to work on her friend’s feet.

“Just promise me you are being careful,” she said quietly.

Dana opened her eyes.

“I am. I promise, Lyn-Lyn. Okay?” she said with a smile.

Lynde smiled back.

“Okay Day-day,” she replied.

Both young women chuckled; they’d been using the nicknames for one another since they were ten years old.

Dana closed her eyes and sat quietly, relaxing as Lynde began to paint her nails.

The nail tech was getting ready to start adding the pink spirals Dana had requested when the salon’s front door suddenly opened.

A thirty-ish man with unkempt shoulder-length blonde hair, a scraggly blonde beard and brown eyes stepped inside. wearing a baggy dark blue hoodie and jeans, along with well-worn brown hiking boots.

“Shit, I forgot to lock up,” Lynde muttered.

Dana’s eyes popped open, and alarm bells began to go off inside her head as soon as she saw the man who had entered the salon.

“I’m sorry sir, we are closed. I forgot to lock the door,” Lynde said politely as she rose to face the newcomer.

“Lynde, be careful,” Dana said quietly.

The man looked at Lynde and grinned revealing crooked, slightly yellow teeth.

“No problem, lady. Just give me all the cash you have, and I will be on my way,” he said in a gruff voice.

Before Lynde or Dana could reply or react, he produced a small, cheap black automatic pistol from beneath his sweatshirt.

Lynde let out a yelp of surprise, and Dana’s jaw clenched.

Her instinct was to leapt to her feet, but she stayed put, not wanting to startle the man who was pointing a gun at her best friend.

“Oh my god…please, we don’t want any trouble, okay? I will give you what cash we have, and you can just go,” Lynde said in a shaky voice.

“I don’t just want the little bit in your cash register. I know you have a safe back in the office, bitch. We are going back there and you are going to open it,” the man said, gesturing with the gun.

“Forget it, asshole. You should just get out of here now. Trust me,” Dana said quietly.

The man’s eyes narrowed.

“What the fuck did you say to me, cunt?” he asked.

He shifted the barrel of his weapon, pointing it at Dana rather than Lynde.

Just as Dana had hoped.

“I said, get out of here now, or you will be sorry,” Dana replied coolly.

Still seated in the pedicure chair, her green eyes were unblinking as she locked gazes with the would-be thief.

“Is that so?” the man sneered.

“It is,” Dana replied calmly.

Lynde was unmoving, her eyes wide and her arms at her sides. Dana could tell her friend was trembling slightly; she was obviously scared, but she was the daughter of a police officer and was keeping her composure; she stood quietly, taking slow deep breaths as she watched the confrontation unfold.

The robber smirked, taking a step toward Dana.

“How about you get up and we all go in the back and get my money, and then I will go? And if you are both good girls I won’t hurt you,” he said.

Dana snorted.

As if you could hurt me, she thought.

“I am afraid I just had my toes done, and I can’t be walking around just yet or I will mess them up, so I will have to pass,” Dana said casually.

“You fucking bitch, I don’t care about your fucking toes! Get up! In the back, both of you! Now!” the man yelled, gesturing with the gun.

“Day-day, maybe we should just do as he says,” Lynde said quietly.

Dana scowled.

She looked at Lynde, who nodded almost imperceptibly.

Dana returned her friend’s gesture; what passed between the women was so subtle that it was unlikely anyone would have noticed.

The robber certainly did not.

Dana rose carefully to her feet.

“Move it!” the man barked.

“Nope. You are done, asshole,” Dana said, putting her hands on her hips.

She opened her eyes wide and stared hard at the man.

Her pupils turned bright green, and her eyes began to emit vivid green light.

“Oh great, a damn super? Fuck you!” the man snarled.

He raised his pistol, pointing it at Dana.

The green light continued to shine from Dana’s eyes.

The man gasped as his gaze met the young woman’s.

“There is no need for that…just relax…relax, and look into my eyes…listen to my voice as you look deeper, deeper into my eyes…lower your gun now…,” the Dana purred in a soothing monotone voice.

The man grunted in frustration; his eyes were now riveted to Dana’s; they were blazing with hypnotic energy which was quickly penetrating his mind and making him feel lightheaded.

Hypnotic energy that was burning away his thoughts…and his will.

His body began to tingle as he involuntarily relaxed, his shoulders visibly slumping. His gun-arm began to slowly drop.

“Fuck…you. S-stop…stop or I will…I will…,” the man mumbled slowly.

He sluggishly tried to raise his pistol.

He effort proved futile, his arm falling to his side.

Dana smirked.

“That’s it, just keep looking…looking and relaxing…you cannot move or speak…you cannot even think…you can only look into my eyes and listen…you are so relaxed now…your mind is blank…you are hypnotized,” Dana declared firmly.

“Hypnotized,” the man murmured in agreement.

“That’s right, you stupid asshole. You will set the gun on the floor and then get on your knees,” Dana said in a commanding tone.

“Yes ma’am,” the man mumbled.

He set the pistol on the tiled floor, then assumed a kneeling position in front of Dana.

His eyes were vacant and glassy, and he no longer blinked.

Dana took a deep breath, then turned to her friend and grinned.

“Ta-da!” she said cheerfully.

Lynde let out a long, relieved sigh.

“Holy shit that was intense!” she said.

She began to tremble more violently as the adrenaline surge began to subside.

“Okay, come on Lyn-lyn. Have a seat,” Dana said, guiding her friend to the pedicure chair.

“I…I’m okay. I’m a cop’s daughter too, remember? I may not be a super, but I am not a fucking wuss either,” Lynde huffed as she sat.

“I know you aren’t; having a gun pointed at you is nerve-wracking. Just relax and take some deep breaths,” Dana replied kindly.

Mindful of her toes, she walked awkwardly over over to a mini-fridge that was filled with complementary drinks for salon customers and grabbed a bottle of water which she handed to Lynde.

“You don’t look like it bothered you. Oh right, that is because you have superpowers and dress up in a costume at night and go out looking for trouble,” Lynde retorted, taking drink from the water bottle.

Dana laughed.

It wasn’t the first time she’d faced a gun, and while she was scared, she actually enjoyed the adrenaline rush that came with dealing with dangerous criminals.

“I suppose that is true. I prefer to think of it as helping people though,” she said.

Dana bent over and picked up the man’s pistol, ejecting the magazine and removing the round from the chamber with practiced ease.

“What are you going to do with him?” Lynde asked.

While she was the only one who knew about Dana’s super-hypnotism ability, she had rarely seen her use it.

“Make him turn himself in. After I interrogate him first, of course. Okay mister would-be armed robber, what is your name?” Dana asked the kneeling man.

“Bobby,” the hypnotized criminal replied immediately.

“Alright Bobby, listen up; you are now completely in my power, and you will obey my every command. You will answer all of my questions truthfully. Understand?” Dana asked firmly.

The powerful hypnotism Dana wielded gave the now helpless criminal no choice; much stronger, sharper minds than his had failed to resist her power.

“Yes ma’am,” Bobby agreed.

“Good boy. Why did you try to rob the salon? And do not say “for money”. I know that you wanted money. What is the money for?” Dana asked.

She was expecting the answer to be drugs, or possibly prostitutes.

His answer surprised her.

“I need it to place a bet,” Bobby replied.

“A bet? On what?” Dana asked, exchanging a look with Lynde.

“A dog fight. There is a new operation in the neighborhood. It is big money if you win,” Bobby replied.

Dana scowled.

She loved dogs, and the idea of dogfighting filled her with revulsion.

“That is disgusting. You are disgusting, Bobby. I take it you know where and when the next fight is taking place, so you will tell me,” Dana commanded.

“A warehouse over on ninth and Pine. The first fight tonight is in about an hour,” Bobby replied.

“Fuck,” Lynde muttered.

“Fuck is right,” Dana agreed.

Her expression became thoughtful.

“Wait a second, Dana! I know that look! Don’t even think it! This is job for the police. I can call my mom right now. She is on shift tonight,” Lynde said seriously.

“What? The police can’t get ready and take the operation down before the first fight in an hour; hell, they might not even act on it at all. They have their hands full with more important stuff. And do we really want your mom looking into this? She’s already suspicious about my activities after she saw me with those bruises last week. Hypno-Girl is available, though,” Dana said slyly.

Lynde sighed.

“Damn it Dana, come on. You just got beat up last night, and now you want to go take on a dog-fighting crew? You are going to get hurt for real!” Lynde said, rising to her feet.

Dana smiled.

“I did not get “beat up”, I kicked those guys’ asses. Then I hypnotized them and gave them some fun post-hypnotic suggestions…well, fun for me. Do you seriously want me to just walk away from this? To call the cops and hope they do something about it sometime this month? These people are hurting dogs in our neighborhood, Lynde. Just more assholes ruining things for the people trying to live here. Our neighborhood. I have to protect it,” she said.

Lynde sighed again.

“It isn’t all on you to protect everyone; there are literally dozens of supers in River City,” she said reasonably.

“Yes, but Omega Girl has bigger things to deal with than a dog-fighting operation, Lynde. That is where Hypno-Girl comes in. I can help with the smaller stuff,” Dana replied.

Lynde looked like she was going to argue further, but then thought better of it.

She knew her friend and how stubborn she could be.

“Look, I know nothing I say will stop you from going after them. Just be fucking careful, okay? And call me after you are done, damn it! I will be worried sick,” she said, pointing a finger admonishingly at Dana.

“Yes ma’am,” Dana said with a playful salute.

Lynde stuck out her tongue at her friend, then grinned.

“You can actually help on this one, if you want,” Dana said.

“I would be happy to, just tell me what you need,” Lynde replied.

“We are going to tie this bozo up; before I bring him out of his trance, I will make sure he will remember you being here alone when he came in and that you knocked him out with your makeup case. After I leave, you can call the police. I will leave him a suggestion to confess everything to them when they get here, and hopefully they will send someone to the warehouse right away. I won’t count on it though,” Dana said.

Lynde scowled.

“Dana…damn it, okay. Fine. Just promise me again you will be careful. And please, stop calling yourself “Hypno-Girl”. It is such a lame name,” she huffed.

Dana laughed.

“I agree, it isn’t the best name in River City, but that cute little boy called me that after I saved he and his dad and I got mentioned in the local paper, so I am keeping it,” she replied.

Lynde gave a big, exaggerated sigh.

“Fine. Do you need to run home to get your costume?” she asked.

“Nope, it goes everywhere with me now,” Dana replied, pointing to her black and pink backpack.

“Even those silly boots?” Lynde asked skeptically.

“Yup, they fold over nicely,” Dana replied sweetly.

“Of course they do,” Lynde said dryly.

Dana blew her friend a kiss.

“Alright, go get dressed and give dumb-ass here his suggestions. I will finish your toes tomorrow, if you aren’t in the hospital,” Lynde said.

Dana chuckled and hugged her friend, then picked up her backpack and went into the Salon’s restroom.

She emerged ten minutes later as Hypno-Girl, the neighborhood’s new mind-controlling protector.

“How do I look?” Hypno-Girl asked, hands on her hips.

“Like some teenage boy’s daydreamed fantasy. We need to make you a new costume if you insist on doing this,” Lynde said.

“Hey! I made this myself!” Hypno-Girl sniffed.

Lynde chuckled.

“It is a repurposed cheerleader’s uniform, dear. You need spandex and leather. Or even better, some of that bullet-resistant stuff the major Supers have,” she said.

Hypno-Girl chuckled, looking at herself in one of the salon’s full-length wall-mirrors.

“That would be nice, if I can find out how to get some. This works for now,” she said with a shrug.

The young super-heroine was effectively wearing a cheerleading outfit; it consisted of a very short black pleated skirt with hot pink fabric in the pleats and a hot pink border along the waist and hem. Her top was a tight, sleeveless black shirt cropped so high it just covered her breasts, and it had a hot pink spiral embroidered on the chest. Her flame-red hair was in a single braid, and she wore a black mask over her eyes that had a hot pink border and was decorated with rhinestones. She wore elbow-length black leather gloves that slashed at random with jagged pink stripes, and she wore knee-high black boots with three-inch heels that were covered randomly with various sized pink spirals.

Dana Collins had discovered her powers a few months earlier while riding the subway; she was on her way home from a disaster of a date when a man had tried to rob some of the passengers at gunpoint.

Dana reacted without thinking, knocking the gun from the man’s hand with a kick. In response, the man shoved her violently; Dana stumbled back and fell, hitting her head hard on the subway floor.

She was semi-conscious, seeing stars as the man loomed over her with a knife he’d taken from his belt.

“Stop!” she had said, her eyes widening with fear.

The man suddenly froze, a dazed expression on his face.

Dana had felt a strange tingle begin in her chest, a build-up of power that surged through her and out her eyes as she’d spoken.

The energy had gone into the man standing over her.

He had been hypnotized instantly.

It had taken her a moment to clear her head and realize that she had somehow put the man into a trance.

Dana had commanded the man to turn himself into the police, and to her amazement he had helplessly agreed, walking off the train in a daze at the next stop.

Over the next several weeks, Dana had experimented with her newfound powers, managing to replicate the hypnotic energy she’d used on the man in the subway. She first hypnotized a barista into giving her free coffee; next had been the mother of one of her students, a snobby and uptight woman named Janet who was always complaining about Dana’s approach to teaching. After some carefully worded post-hypnotic suggestions, Janet had become Dana’s biggest supporter.

A short time later, a young man got grabby with Lynde while they were out dancing at a club; Dana had made the man strip naked and act like a monkey on the dance floor, feeling a tremendous rush of power as she forced him to humiliate himself.

Dana found that she could hypnotize nearly anyone she liked, and make them do anything she wanted…and she enjoyed it.

The power almost, almost went to her head; Dana had hypnotized a HVAC repairman into replacing her father’s furnace for free, and then used her power to gain the complete, slavish attention of a very handsome thirty-year-old man named Will she had met in a park. Dana had suggested he take her home with him; upon arriving at Will’s apartment, she encountered his girlfriend Carrie, whom she also easily hypnotized.

Dana had then proceeded to have a threesome with the attractive couple, though in truth the encounter had largely consisted of the pair serving as her sex-slaves for the afternoon.

Dana had screamed in ecstasy as the hypnotized man thrust his cock into her while his girlfriend worshipped her feet, and she had shuddered with pleasure as Carrie ate her out while Will sucked on her tits.

After Dana was finished with the couple, she made them forget her and what she had made them do.

At that point, Dana was close to going down the path of using her power purely for personal gain and enjoyment, perhaps even heading toward becoming a true villainess. It was only after a disagreement with Lynde that Dana’s true nature had won out, and she had realized she needed to be responsible with her new powers.

She had hypnotized Lynde in a fit of anger during an argument over something trivial, making her kneel before her.

While considering turning her straight best friend into her next sexual conquest, Dana had a moment of clarity, suddenly realizing what she was becoming. Horrified at what she had been about to do to her beloved friend, she awoke Lynde from her trance and confessed everything that had happened since she’d hit her head on the subway.

“I am a horrible person, Lynde. I have hypnotized people and made them do things, and I almost went full evil mind-controller on my best friend. I am so sorry,” Dana had said tearfully.

Lynde listened quietly and calmly while Dana explained her new hypnotic powers.

She had been silent after Dana had finished speaking, her expression unreadable as she digested what her friend had just revealed.

“I know what you are thinking, Lynde. I’m fucking terrible,” Dana had added, tears streaming down her face.

She began to cry harder as Lynde continued to regard her silently.

Finally, she spoke, tears welling up in her eyes.

“No, you are not! Dana, the fact that you stopped yourself and you feel bad about what you have done to do proves it. Don’t worry, I won’t abandon you, honey. Power is intoxicating, but I know you can handle it. I will help you in anyway I can. I trust you, Day-Day. I love you,” she had said comfortingly, holding her friend while she sobbed.

Lynde had forgiven Dana and vowed to support her, but she had been less than enthusiastic when Dana had decided she was going to become a super heroine.

She felt her friend might be overcompensating for her indiscretions with her new powers.

“It is better than an evil mind-controller, isn’t it?” Dana had asked with a wink as she had debuted her costume.

Lynde had reluctantly agreed to support Dana’s new endeavor.

As she practiced and trained, Dana had begun to develop a second power set; she could manipulate and control kinetic energy to create a variety of effects, though it wasn’t nearly as intuitive for her to use as her super-hypnotism.

“It’s tacky, but I suppose it will have to do for now,” Lynde replied with a sigh.

Hypno-Girl laughed and kissed her best friend on the cheek.

“I love you too, Lyn-Lyn. I promise to be careful,” she said.

“You fucking better. Don’t shy away from your other powers. You don’t have to just hypnotize and kick people. The kinetics stuff is really useful too, and it can keep you safe,” Lynde replied, crossing her arms.

“I will try; the kinetic stuff is still a little wonky. I’m getting better with it, but I need more practice. I will use it if the situation calls for it. Okay, it is time to give our little kneeling dumb-ass his instructions. See if you can find something to tie him up with, please,” Hypno-Girl said, turning toward the hypnotized would-be robber.

Lynde nodded and headed for the salon’s storeroom.

“Okay Bobby, listen to me very carefully…,” Hypno-Girl began.

She proceeded to give him several carefully-worded suggestions, making certain they were implanted deeply into his subconscious so he would not be able to resist following them.

Lynde returned from the storeroom after Hypno-Girl had finished, carrying a long extension cord that the salon’s employees used when they vacuumed.

Hypno-Girl took the extension cord and tied Bobby’s hands behind his back, then bound his ankles with it.

“Perfect. Now Bobby, when Lynde here hits you in the head with her makeup kit, you will instantly fall deep asleep and you will not awaken until you hear Lynde say “Officer, here he is”. Understand?” Hypno-Girl asked.

“Yes ma’am,” Bobby agreed.

Hypno-Girl winked at Lynde and nodded.

Lynde shook her head and chuckled, then picked up her makeup kit and whacked the kneeling, bound man hard on the back of the head with it.

Bobby’s eyes slammed shut and he slumped over, fast asleep.

“Nicely done. Okay, I am off to a dog-fight,” Hypno-Girl said, winking at Lynde.

The two young women hugged, and then neighborhood’s newest Superhero strode purposefully out the salon’s back door and hurried down the alley.

* * *

“Uh huh,” Hannah Crenshaw mumbled softly into her cell phone as she leaned against the side of a Jackson’s convenience store next to the bus stop, a backpack on the ground at her feet.

She listened to the person on the other end of the line, nodding absently.

“Uh huh…yeah, yeah, Mandy. I got it. I know this is important to you, and I am sure he is a great guy, but I am not really into blind dates. I mean, seriously? They never go well,” she said in a huff, rolling her eyes.

Hannah listened to her friend’s reply, rolling her eyes again.

“I’m sure he is nice, but even with a nice guy-or girl, for that matter-something always goes sideways,” she replied with a sigh.

She glanced around before speaking again.

“Besides, you know I don’t have a lot of time with my…”extra-curricular” activities, you know?” she said quietly.

Hanna listened for a couple more minutes, then hung her head in defeat.

“Okay, okay! Fine! l will go on the stupid date. Just remember that you owe me one, and I will take no responsibility if this date goes south!” she said quickly as the bus arrived.

Hannah hung up her phone, picked up her backpack and climbed aboard, sinking into an empty seat with a scowl on her face.

Why do I let Amanda talk me into these things? I know I have been busy with the hero thing lately and can’t hang out as much…I suppose that is why I let her guilt me into stuff. Oh well, a blind date is better than that wine tasting she drug me to last week, she thought with a sigh.

The bus was almost empty, and Hannah watched the cityscape moving past for a moment, then closed her eyes and sighed again.

She frowned slightly as her exceptional hearing zeroed on on a conversation taking place near the back of the bus.

“…please, just…just leave me alone! Please…,” a female voice whimpered.

Hannah opened her eyes and looked back to see three large, tall and well-built men standing uncomfortably close to a petite, young blonde teenage girl.

“Well damn, so much for a quiet bus ride,” she muttered, getting to her feet.

The three men were grinning and chuckling as the red-faced young woman, dressed in a cute sky blue blouse and a short denim skirt, along with simple flat brown sandals.

She was holding her top closed with trembling hands.

Several of the garment’s buttons were missing, presumably ripped away when one of the men had grabbed it and pulled it open.

“Aw, come on babe! Don’t be like that; we are just being friendly. You are new in town, aren’t you?” one of the men asked with a lewd grin.

He was the tallest of the three, dressed in a brown leather jacket and jeans, his shoulder-length dark-brown hair in a ponytail.

“Yeah girl, we just wanna show you the sights,” added his companion, a broad-shouldered man in his early twenties with short sandy hair, dressed in tan cargo pants and dark grey hoodie with a sports team logo on the front.

The third man laughed.

“We definitely have some things to show you,” he said with a wink as she gave an obnoxious hip-thrust.

He was dark-skinned, and his head was shaved. He had a neatly trimmed goatee and wore a white long-sleeve button up shirt and grey pants.

The young blonde had tears in her eyes.

“Please, I don’t want any trouble,” she said fearfully.

She tried to move past the men, but they barred her path and continued to harass her.

“You creeps should leave the lady alone, if you know what is good for you. I am sure the doctor at the free clinic will look at your things for you. You can get something for that rash that won’t go away,” Hannah said with contempt.

She stared at the men, her hands on her hips.

All three of them turned to face her, bemused looks on their faces.

Hanna was dressed casually in a faded olive green hoodie, torn blue jeans and a pair of well-worn red Converse All-Stars; at five-six, the young brunette was far from intimidating.

“You think you are funny, bitch? How about you mind your own business? Unless you want to join in,” the man in the leather jacket said, eyeing Hannah lewdly.

Hannah made a disgusted face.

“As if I would let you touch me. You pigs harassing an innocent girl is my business. I am sorry if you finally wore a hole in your inflatable girlfriend, Curley. I am believe that you and the other two Stooges here need to learn how to properly talk to real women,” she said calmly.

The man’s expression became a scowl, as did his companions’.

“You better be careful with that mouth of yours, bitch. Stick to sucking cock with it. You obviously don’t know who I am, or you’d be begging to suck mine,” he said angrily.

Hannah smirked.

“Oh, I am sorry; I called you “Curley”…my mistake, your bald pal there must be Curley, right? I guess that makes you…Moe? Or is it Larry?” she asked with a wink.

“You fucking bitch, I’m Todd Stone. I play quarterback for the River City Jets!” the man said, his face red.

Hannah looked unimpressed.

“You think because you play baseball you can do whatever you like to whomever you please?” she asked.

“It is football, skank. You are damn right I can do what the fuck I want. We have won three league championships in a row with me throwing the ball. People love me. Cunts like you and blondie here should feel honored I am even talking to you!” Todd said smugly, reaching toward Hannah as if to grab her.

He yelped in pain as Hannah grabbed his wrist and casually twisted it.

“Ah! Fuck! Holy shit, let go! Aaaaah!” Todd squealed, trying to yank his arm free.

He could not: Hannah’s grip was like iron, and she smirked slightly as he struggled.

Todd lifted his free hand, balling it into a fist.

Before he could throw a punch, Hannah casually shoved him, and he went crashing into his friends with enough force to knock them to the floor.

The blonde looked at her in amazement, a look of gratitude on her face.

Hannah winked at her and smiled.

“Oops, looks like you took a little tumble guys,” she taunted the three men as they lay in a heap at her feet.

Todd struggled to his feet, glaring at the young brunette.

“I will fuck you up for that, skank,” he snarled.

Hannah laughed.

“You don’t seem to have a very strong arm for a…pitcher, was it? It felt more like a limp noodle; I am guessing you are an expert on those. Anyway, you and the other Stooges here better take a hike; I would hate for the Jets to lose the Stanley Cup or whatever because you had both your arms broken by some “skank” on a bus,” she said, matching Todd’s stare.

Todd’s friends had regained their feet by this time, and were staring angrily at Hannah.

“Slap that bitch silly, Todd,” the man with the shaved head said.

Hannah continued to stare at Todd, a smug smile on her face.

The quarterback continued to match her stare for another few seconds before he blinked and looked away.

“Fuck it. She ain’t worth it. Our stop is coming up,” he muttered.

Despite his crude and oafish behavior, Todd seemed to know he was in a potentially dangerous position.

In River City you could never be sure who might have abilities beyond those of the average person; the way Hannah had casually tossed him to the floor was enough for him to decide not to push her further.

“What? Fuck that, you can’t let her disrespect you like that, man. She should be taking it up her ass from you,” Todd’s sandy-haired companion said crudely.

“Nah, she’s a skank. There are hotter bitches to be had than either of these two that would be happy to suck us off,” Todd replied, sneering at Hannah.

She replied by casually giving him the finger.

Todd and his friends slinked past Hannah as the bus stopped.

“Good luck in the Stanley Cup!” Hannah called after them with a mocking chuckle.

She turned to the young blonde, who had watched the entire exchange in incredulous silence.

“Are you okay?” Hannah asked kindly.

“I…yes. Yes, I am. Thank you! You were amazing,” the blonde replied with a shy smile.

Hannah gave the young woman a lopsided grin of her own.

“It was my pleasure. I am Hannah,” she said, offering her hand.

“Tammy. It is really nice to meet you,” the blond replied she took it.

“Welcome to River City, Tammy. Just for the record, those three are not part of the official welcoming committee,” Hannah said with a wink.

Tammy giggled.

“Oh that’s good to know!” she said.

“Alright, a laugh. I hope that means you are really okay. Do you need a hand getting to where you are going? The bus system can be confusing at first,” Hannah said.

Tammy shook her head.

“Thank you, but I am meeting my friend Kendall at the next stop. She texted me that she was waiting just before I got on the bus,” she replied.

“Oh, that’s great,” Hannah replied cheerfully.

In truth, she was mildly disappointed; Tammy was quite pretty, and it would have been nice to get to know her…and perhaps find out if she was into women.

She could use some stress-relief.

Ah well, I have errands to run…shit, I missed my stop while I was dealing with the Stooges. The fucking driver really just kept on making stops while three guys were assaulting a young woman. This neighborhood is really going to hell, Hannah thought.

“Well, this is my stop. It was awesome to meet you, Hannah. Thank you again! Maybe we will see each other around while I am in town,” Tammy said with a smile.

She offered Hannah a hug, and they embraced quickly before Tammy hurried off the bus.

The blonde waved at Hannah from the sidewalk as the bus began to move.

Hannah waved back through the window, smiling.

I do hope I do run into her again; she is cute, and probably a lot more interesting than Amanda’s cousin…oh, who are you kidding? You are never going to meet anyone, she thought to herself with a sigh.

Hannah sat down, daydreaming about kissing Tammy.

At the next stop she grabbed her backpack and exited the bus, then began to backtrack up the street; she moved slowly, lost in thought.

I could have gotten off at her stop, maybe got her number…no, that would have probably come off as creepy or desperate. Give it a rest, Hannah. It isn’t meeting people that is the problem; it is maintaining a relationship that you have trouble with, Hannah told herself silently.

Between work and her “extracurricular activities” Hannah did not have a lot of time nor a regular schedule, which made romantic relationships difficult at best.

Still, a little casual action would be nice…I am so fucking horny lately…oh who am I kidding, it isn’t ‘lately’, it is always, Hannah lamented with a chuckle.

A strange sound caught her attention as she walked; It was much further away than a typical person could hear, so she paused to listen more carefully, using her ability to amplify her hearing and dampen her other senses.

She heard what sounded like two dogs snarling and fighting.

Hannah frowned as she turned slowly around, using her superhuman hearing to track the source of the sound.

There. A building not too far down the street…, she thought.

Hannah refined her hearing further, zeroing in on the location and the other sounds coming from it.

More dogs barking and yelping, people cheering and laughing…

Oh hell no! Seriously, a dog-fighting operation? Not in my city, assholes!,” she thought angrily, her hands balling into fists.

In her day job, Hannah was a vet tech for an animal clinic, Purrfect Groomin’, where she cared for many different types of animals, the beloved pets of River City residents.

Hannah was a true “dog-person”, and the only reason she didn’t have one of her own was her apartment complex didn’t allow pets.

This probably explains the increase in injured and abandoned stray dogs we have been seeing brought in, she thought grimly.

Hannah opened her eyes and let her senses return to normal.

She had the location.

The perpetrators of this atrocity were going down.

“Time to kick some ass,” Hannah said aloud with a smile.

If she couldn’t have sex, a fight was the next best thing.

She dashed down the street, activating her super-speed. She stopped a moment later in an alley a block from the warehouse where the dog-fighting was taking place.

Hannah opened her backpack and began to quickly change into her costume.

While a dog-fighting operation was probably too small-time for someone like Omega Girl or Shinobi, it was perfect for a friendly neighborhood heroine like Pinnacle.

“Yes, this is right in my wheelhouse; I hope you bad guys are ready to play, because I sure as hell am,” Hannah said to herself with a chuckle as she finished changing.

Pinnacle stashed her backpack behind a stack of old pallets and moved toward the warehouse, eager to punish the assholes abusing dogs in her city.

* * *

A short time later, Hypno-Girl made her way toward the warehouse Bobby had indicated, sticking to shadows and alleyways whenever possible. She was surprisingly silent, given her less-than-practical footwear. She was actually rather proud of her boots, having designed them herself and having had them custom-made; in truth, they had cost far more than she could afford, but she didn’t care.

They were the one aspect of her budget costume she didn’t want to skimp on.

Hypno-Girl paused, crouching behind a parked car as she waited for a group of three young men walking down the sidewalk toward her to pass. They looked to be in perhaps their late teens, and were laughing and boasting as young men were prone to do when they were in groups.

“Man, I’m telling you she can suck a golf ball through a garden hose!” one of them was saying.

“Dude, there is no way that chick sucked yo’ dick, asshole!” his buddy replied.

They began to jostle one another as their companion laughed at both of them

“Idiots,” Hypno-Girl said under her breath.

She suppressed a sigh, and for a moment imagined hypnotizing them and suggesting they perform some community service, perhaps volunteering at a soup kitchen.

After she put them on their knees and made them acknowledge her superiority.

No, you can’t just dominate everyone who irritates you; and chill out with the whole being worshipped thing, villains do that. Plus, you need to save your energy, dumbass, she admonished herself, resisting the urges stirring inside her.

She was still learning her powers and their limits, and hypnotizing multiple people at once was difficult and taxing; she didn’t have an unlimited reserve of energy, and she could exhaust herself if she wasn’t careful.

She had learned that fact the hard way, having overextended herself on more than one occasion already.

Hypno-Girl had a dark side that she battled constantly, one that enjoyed using her super-hypnosis a little too much at times.

The thrill she got from having power over the wills of others was intoxicating…and erotic.

Hypno-Girl was well-aware if she wasn’t careful, she could easily get carried away again.

The men passed by without ever knowing she was there.

Or how fortunate they were.

Hypno-Girl had decided that hypnotizing them and humiliating him would serve no purpose other than to feed her own ego.

Still, it would have been a lot of fun…ah well, you did the right thing, Dana, she lamented with a shake of her head.

As a non-badged Super, Hypno-Girl did not want to draw unnecessary attention to herself in public; unsanctioned crime-fighting was itself, paradoxically, a crime.

Hypno-Girl had no idea how to go about obtaining “Badged-Super” status, and in truth she wasn’t terribly interested in the idea.

Her father had worn a badge, and in her opinion it had gained him nothing but pain.

I don’t need a fucking badge or anyone’s permission to help people…or dogs, she thought to herself as she emerged from behind the car and continued down the block.

The warehouse was in sight, a large ugly building with broken and boarded up windows and layers of graffiti; it had once been used to store electronics and auto parts before they were distributed to retailers. It had closed down years ago, and after the police gave up on trying to keep trespassers out it had become a haven for the homeless and kids with nowhere else to hangout.

Now it was being used to abuse animals, and Hypno-Girl was going to put a stop to it.

She hurried across Pine Street, which served as a sort of unofficial border where the neighborhood became decidedly poorer and more rundown.

Hypno-Girl’s neighborhood.

She had vowed to fight for it after discovering her powers, and not to be hamstrung by rules and regulations like her father had.

Hypno-Girl made her way around to the back of the warehouse, easily climbing over a sagging chain-link fence and finding herself in the warehouse’s receiving area. She moved slowly among stacks of abandoned pallets and old shelving that had been dragged outside along with piles of broken furniture and other debris.

She paused behind a large old air compressor and watched as small groups of people made their way through the fence gate after paying a cover charge.

Not just thugs and street punks she noted, but well-dressed men in suits and ladies in fancy dresses and high heels as well.

“Assholes,” Hypno-Girl muttered.

She could hear the muffled sounds of someone talking over a PA system coming from inside the warehouse, along with enthusiastic shouts and cheers as well as the heartbreaking yips, snarls and barking of the dogs being fought.

Part of the young heroine felt suddenly nervous; there were a lot of people in the warehouse, a lot of them likely armed.

This was a little bigger than the muggers and bullies she had fought so far.

Hypno-Girl took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Relax, Dana. You got this. Just stay alert, she told herself silently.

Hypno-Girl moved toward the warehouse like a vengeful shadow.

* * *

Ricky sighed and lit a cigarette as he leaned against the wall. He was in a small area of the warehouse near the front of the building that had once served as a break room, and was now being utilized as a makeshift kennel. There were rows of wire cages for the dogs, over dozen of which were currently occupied.

The sounds of the spectators cheering and screaming encouragement echoed across the warehouse, forming a muffled cacophony with the snarls and barks and yelps of pain coming from the dogs currently fighting.

Ricky sighed again; he hated missing the action, and flirting with all the sexy babes who showed up for the fights.

He almost always found one to hook-up with—when he wasn’t stuck keeping an eye on the dogs.

“Why the fuck do I always get stuck watching the mutts?” he muttered as he smoked.

“Maybe it is because you are an asshole,” a female voice said from the doorway.

Ricky dropped his cigarette in surprise as he looked at the figure sauntering into the room, the heels of her boots clacking softly on the faded tile floor.

“Are you fucking serious? Who the hell are you supposed to be? Tacky-Woman?” he scoffed.

“Really? You are criticizing my outfit when you are dressed like that? Stereotype thug much?” Hypno-Girl replied with disdain.

In his early twenties, Ricky was wearing black leather pants and a royal blue long-sleeved silk shirt with the top two buttons undone; clean-shaven, his long dark hair was in a greasy ponytail, and he wore several gold chains around his neck along with black casual shoes.

“You ain’t no super; now if you are looking to take off that costume and play hostage, I’m your guy. Otherwise, fuck off,” Ricky replied.

He pointedly ran his eyes up and down Hypno-Girl’s body.

She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips.

“As if I’d let you touch me like that. I am going to give you one chance to help me out; answer my questions, and I will let you take a hike without hurting and humiliating you. You may call me “Hypno-Girl”, by the way,” the costumed woman replied.

Ricky snorted.

“You wish, bitch. You take a hike, or I will hurt you,” he said threateningly.

Hypno-Girl chuckled.

“Try it, tough-guy,” she challenged.

Ricky moved toward her and reached out to grab her. Hypno-Girl deftly side-stepped and slammed the heel of her hand into his arm, then snapped her booted foot into his stomach.

Ricky gasped and bent over in pain. The dogs stirred in their cages, some growling and others barking.

“You…bitch,” he said as he straightened up.

He reached behind his back and produced an admittedly nice-looking chrome Colt 1911 .45 ACP pistol with pearl grips.

“Don’t fucking move, cunt!” Ricky snarled.

In reply, Hypno-Girl lifted her hand, fingers spread and palm facing Ricky. Pinkish light began to swirl around her fingers, intertwining with them and dancing over her hand.

The same light appeared around Ricky’s pistol, slithering over the slide and around the grip.

“What the fuck?” Ricky asked, turning the weapon sideways and looking at it in bewilderment.

His expression turned from confusion to outright shock as his pistol suddenly became extremely, impossibly heavy.

So heavy he couldn’t hold onto it.

The pistol hit the floor with a dull thud.

“How…?” Ricky asked, looking at Hypno-Girl.

“Kinetics. I increased your pistol’s density. Pretty cool, huh?” she asked, winking at him.

In truth, Hypno-Girl was quite pleased with how well her power had worked; after discovering her kinetic manipulation powers, her control of them had been erratic at best.

However, she had been practicing with them a lot lately, and they were improving quickly.

Ricky bent and tried to pick up the pistol.

He could not, grunting in frustration; its mass had been increased to the point he could not lift it.

“Don’t worry, it is only temporary,” Hypno-Girl said as Ricky grunted, futilely trying to pick up the weapon.

“You bitch, I will—,” he began, looking up at her.

Right into her eyes.

A greenish light was shining from them into Ricky’s face.

“What…?” he said slowly.

The light coming from Hypno-Girl’s eyes was very soothing; he almost instantly felt calmer as he began to relax.

“Just look into my eyes and relax…good boy…there is no need to fight or get excited…you are feeling very peaceful, very relaxed…your thoughts are fading away…you hear only my voice and you want to obey it…to obey me…I am your Mistress…you must obey me…you will obey me…you are hypnotized,” Hypno-Girl said in a low, seductive voice.

“I…I…no…s-stop…I…I will obey,” Ricky mumbled.

His mind was overwhelmed by the young woman’s hypnotic energy. He could no longer think as he gave in a relaxed into a deep hypnotic trance.

Hypno-Girl smirked.

“Get on your knees. Tell me your name,” she commanded.

“Ricky,” the hypnotized young man said, sinking to his knees before her.

Again, some of the dogs began to growl and bark.

Hypno-Girl turned to them and smiled. Many of the animals sported injuries and scars; some old and healed, some as recent as that day.

The sight brought tears to her eyes.

She detested people who hurt animals.

“Relax, sweet boys. Be calm, relax and lay down. Be good boys, I am going to get you out of here. Be good for me and lay down and be nice and quiet,” she said in a powerful yet soothing voice.

The dogs slowly quieted; though they didn’t understand her, the hypnotic timbre of her voice soothed them.

She had used another of her powers; rather than full-on hypnotism, she could use her voice to relax and calm others, including animals. Besides calming them, she could put people into a non-hypnotic sleep or even use suggestions to convince them to do little things, so long as the actions she suggested were not dangerous or counter to their beliefs and morals. It didn’t always work; some people were too stubborn or too excited, and If she was too pushy or persistent, they could recognize her attempt to manipulate them and react accordingly.

“Okay Ricky, I don’t have a lot of time. You will obey all my commands without hesitation, and you will answer all of my questions truthfully. You are going to help me, you want to help me. Helping me makes you feel good…very good. Now tell me who the boss of this dog-fighting operation is,” Hypno-Girl ordered.

“Josiah Crane calls the shots. He works for some female Super they call Tarnished Silver,” Ricky answered.

Hypno-Girl frowned.

“A Super? Is she here?” she asked.

“Sometimes. I haven’t seen her tonight,” Ricky replied in a dazed voice.

“Fuck. What are her powers?” Hypno-Girl inquired.

“The talk is she has control over darkness, negative energy. That she is cursed, and that she can damage or take your soul,” Ricky replied.

Hypno-Girl shook her head.

“That sounds idiotic. Of course, look who I am talking to. Okay, forget this Tarnished Silver for the moment; what about Josiah? Is he here?” Hypno-Girl asked.

“Yes, he oversees the fights and betting,” Ricky replied.

“Of course he does; how many goons does he have?” Hypno-Girl asked.

She glanced nervously at the door; her encounter with Ricky was taking much longer than she had wanted, and someone could walk in at any moment.

“Five or six regulars on the payroll. His girlfriend Ashley thinks she’s a badass and likes to fight; she has some kind of kickboxing training,” Ricky said.

Hypno-Girl nodded.

“What does this Josiah asshole look like?” she asked.

“Tall, fit, handsome. Half Asian, Korean, I think. Short black hair, always wears a suit,” Ricky answered.

“Very good, Ricky. That helped me a lot. Aren’t you happy you helped me?” Hypno-Girl asked with a smile.

Ricky nodded stupidly.

“Yes, ma’am,” he said with a dopey grin.

“Good boy. Now I want you to lock yourself in one of those empty cages and go to sleep. When you awaken, you will find the nearest police officer and surrender to them; you will be completely compelled to confess any and all crimes you have committed to them as well. Understand?” Hypno-Girl asked.

“Yes ma’am,” Ricky replied.

“Very good; you have made me so happy, Ricky. Now go,” Hypno-Girl commanded.

“Yes ma’am,” Ricky agreed.

He rose to his feet and proceeded to lock himself in one of the empty kennels, then curled up on the floor much like the dogs around him.

Hypno-Girl had considered suggesting that he forget her, and forget being hypnotized, but she had decided not to bother.

She didn’t care if he told people about her.

In fact, part of her wanted him to do so; Hypno-Girl liked the idea of becoming a famous heroine.

She bent and picked up Ricky’s pistol, which had returned to its proper weight. She removed the magazine, then took the round from the chamber. She threw the pistol into a pile of debris in the corner, and put the magazine and loose round into her boot.

Hypno-Girl stepped out of the kennel area, intending to sneak over to the arena and get the lay of the land.

As she exited the kennel, she nearly ran right into two large, muscular middle-aged men dressed similarly in black leather pants, leather jackets and rugged motorcycle boots. One had long, filthy unkempt light brown hair, the other a blonde buzz-cut. They were each dragging a struggling, muzzled, limping and bleeding dog behind them; one of the animals could barely walk.

The men stopped in surprise upon seeing Hypno-Girl.

The costumed woman didn’t hesitate.

Hypno-Girl held up both her hands, palms out, and again pinkish light began to dance over and around her fingers; pink beams of energy leapt from her palms.

One struck each man, and the pinkish light washed over them, curling around their limbs and torsos for a few seconds before vanishing.

They both flinched, and the blonde man let out a comical, high-pitched yelp of fear.

Nothing happened.

The men each flexed their fingers and looked themselves over, then exchanged confused glances.

The blonde man shrugged at his companion.

“Don’t feel nothin’,” he said slowly.

“Okay…that was…cute. Now come….with us…little girl,” the long-haired man said gruffly.

He too spoke slowly, almost as if he were drugged.

“Fuck you,” Hypno-Girl replied calmly.

“I believe I…will… after I teach you… some respect…bitch,” the blonde man replied.

Both men let go of the leash they held; the injured dogs immediately began to slink away.

Hypno-Girl snorted in derision, getting into a combat stance.

Both men smirked and began to move toward her.

Very slowly.

Their movements were almost comically sluggish, as if they were under water.

At the same time, Hypno-Girl leapt forward with impressive speed, beyond that of what a normal human could muster.

She had used her Kinetic Manipulation ability to siphon the some of the mens’ energy and speed, the add it to her own to give her a temporary boost.

Moving in a blur, Hypno-Girl punched and kicked, landing a dozen blows on each man before they could react.

They both dropped to the floor, semi-conscious and bleeding.

“Who is the bitch now?” she taunted, giving the blonde man a kick to the face as he struggled to rise, knocking him out cold.

Hypno-GIrl her increased speed quickly faded, and she moved over to the dog that could barely move; the animal was a large brown pit-bull mix. He was cowering in an overturned crate he had managed to crawl into.

“Hey, it’s okay boy…don’t worry, I am not going to hurt you. Nobody is going to hurt you anymore,” she said, crouching beside the animal and offering her hand.

The dog moved even further back into the crate, growling softly. Hypno-Girl patiently held out her hand, speaking softly and soothingly. Eventually, the abused animal moved toward her a bit, sniffing at her outstretched hand.

“Good boy…see, I am not going to hurt you—,” Hypno-Girl said softly.

She went silent and froze as she heard an audible click behind her.

The sound of a pistol’s hammer being drawn back.

“Aww, ain’t that sweet! I am going to hurt you, super-bitch. Now put your hands up and turn around slowly,” a man’s voice said gruffly.

Hypno-Girl winked at the dog, then raised her hands and stood, turning slowly to face the man.

He was tall and heavyset, wearing a long brown overcoat and jeans, his dark brown hair buzzed short; he had a greying, unkempt beard that was in need of a trim, and he wore brown hiking boots.

In his hand was a Sig-Sauer P226 nine-millimeter pistol.

“Well ain’t you cute? That is a shit costume, though. How about you take it off?” the man said, leering at the young woman.

Hypno-Girl snorted.

“How about you go fuck yourself?” she replied sweetly.

The man frowned.

“Listen bitch, you do what the fuck I tell you and maybe I will let you go after I fuck you in your cute little ass,” he replied, gesturing with the gun.

Hypno-Girl’s expression hardened.

She was about to unleash her hypnotic power and entrance the disgusting man, then order him to stick his pistol up his own ass.

She never got the chance.

A large, very heavy box strapper sailed through the air and smashed into the man, sending him flying ten feet to crash into a stack of old pallets.

He lay very still, unconscious and likely now sporting several broken bones.

Hypno-Girl’s mouth hung open in surprise as she looked in the direction the strapper had come from.

Standing calmly with her hands on her hips and a smile on her face was an attractive young brunette; she wore a tight red and white costume with a white cape and an inverted gold “V” on the chest, along with a small red domino mask.

“It looked like you could use a hand,” Pinnacle said amiably.

Hypno-Girl smirked.

“It may have looked that way, but I had everything under control,” she replied, eyeing the newcomer.

She had to admit, the red-and-white-clad heroine had a fantastic figure; her tight costume accentuated her feminine attributes nicely, and she had mischievous brown eyes.

“Oh I am sure you did; I just figured I’d lend a hand. I’m Pinnacle, by the way,” she said, moving to offer her hand.

Hypno-Girl took it, grinning.

“Hypno-Girl. It is really nice to meet you; I have seen you in action on the news, and heard a lot of stories about you,” she replied.

“Hypno-Girl, huh? Well I suppose that answers what your powers are,” Pinnacle said with a chuckle.

Hypno-Girl blushed behind her mask; in truth, she was a bit star-struck.

Pinnacle wasn’t as famous or powerful as Omega Girl, but she was a well-known and respected heroine.

And she was powerful enough.

Sexy, too, Hypno-Girl thought, admiring Pinnacle’s body.

“Well, it was that or ‘Kinetic-Gal’, or maybe ‘Trance-Chick’…,” she joked.

Pinnacle laughed.

“I like ‘Hypno-Girl’. Frankly, I am surprised that River City hasn’t had one yet. I like your costume by the way. Especially the boots,” she replied.

Hypno-Girl blushed even more, suddenly very self-conscious.

“Oh, t-thank you. I-I made it. Not the boots, but the rest,” she stammered.

Pinnacle nodded.

“I made my first costume too. It is kind of a rite of passage,” she replied kindly.

The more experienced heroine eyed Hypno-Girl’s spectacular abs appreciatively, as well as her fiery red hair and emerald-green eyes.

Hypno-Girl smiled, noting Pinnacle’s interest in her body.

Oh knock it off, she wouldn’t be interested in you, she admonished herself.

“I want to make some improvements, of course,” Hypno-Girl said, self-consciously straightening her mask.

Pinnacle smiled.

“If you’ll take some free advice, don’t be in too much of a hurry; just relax and take things one mission at a time. Make a name for yourself and get your badge,” she said amiably.

Hypno-Girl’s smile vanished.

“I wasn’t planning on getting badged, actually. I don’t need anyone’s permission to protect my neighborhood,” she said slowly.

Pinnacle chuckled.

“I can understand that; it is a bit of political theatre if you ask me, and to be honest I only got mine to make things easier when dealing with other supers and the cops. I mean, I did want it, but I am not going to hassle you about getting one. In fact, after we break up this dog-fighting ring, remind me to tell you about getting my badge. I think you might appreciate it more than most,” she said.

We? Are you asking to join me on my mission?” Hypno-Girl asked slyly.

Pinnacle grinned.

“Actually, I was going to let you join me. This is my neighborhood too,” she replied with a wink.

Hypno-Girl laughed.

She preferred to work alone; however, she found that she like Pinnacle a lot…in more ways than one.

For an instant, she imagined herself sharing a passionate kiss with the sexy brunette heroine.

“Alright, a team-up it is then. After we take these assholes down, we might have to settle who’s neighborhood this is,” Hypno-Girl replied.

“How about whoever takes out fewer bad guys buys the other one ice cream?” Pinnacle suggested.

She found the nubile, flame-haired Hypno-Girl quite attractive, and was eager to see her without her mask…and perhaps not wearing anything at all.

After you get to know her a bit, of course…and see how she handles herself. Mind-controllers can be unpredictable and egomaniacal. Be careful and stay alert. You don’t want someone getting hurt because you are distracted because you are horny, Pinnacle told herself silently.

She of course was well aware of the potential pitfalls of having hypnotic powers.

The Pinnacle Stare was both her greatest ability and her greatest source of temptation.

“Deal. We better get moving,” Hypno-Girl said with a nod.

She extended her hand, and Pinnacle shook it with a grin.

“So, hypnotism and kinetics, huh? I saw how fast you got after you zapped those ass-hats. Impressive stuff. You and I actually have a bit in common, powers-wise,” Pinnacle said as they began to move side by side toward the noise from the crowd watching the dog fighting.

“Yup; no flying or super-strength for me, unfortunately; I am just your friendly neighborhood hypnotist,” Hypno-Girl replied quietly.

“Flying would make things too easy anyway; this way, you have to have style…like me,” Pinnacle said with a wink.

Hypno-Girl grinned, and the two sexy young super heroines shared a laugh.

Josiah Crane and his crew were in for a very rough night.