The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Author’s Note: This story was commissioned by blackbladder. The commission was the prize in a contest I held on my blog last year, http://varianm.blogspot.com/. I want to thank Steve Wells for reviewing the story and giving me invaluable feedback. All of the major players in this story are completely fictional and over 18 years of age.

Behind Enemy Lines

By Varian Milagro

Based on the story idea by Blackbladder

“Andie, what do you think your previous supervisor would say is your greatest weakness?” Melinda Harris asked out of courtesy. She didn’t even bother listening to the reply. She picked at the remains of her Caesar salad and focused on avoiding Andie’s secondhand smoke.

Melinda and Andie were seated at a small outdoor table at Hogan’s Heroes, an independent lunch spot a couple miles from NTA, the company where Melinda worked. Both ladies were in their early forties and slim for their age. That is where the similarities ended. Andie stood an inch over five-foot and had straight, black hair so long that she sometimes sat on it if she wasn’t careful. Melinda pushed six-foot in heels and had naturally wavy, red hair that stopped just shy of her generous bosom. Another difference was their disposition. Melinda had warm, inviting eyes and she smiled constantly. Andie looked like her face might crack if she tried to smile and her eyes betrayed a cold, calculating intelligence.

Melinda glanced at her phone as Andie droned on. She couldn’t even remember what question she’d asked. Not that it mattered, there was no way she was hiring the woman. She’d only agreed to conduct the interview as a personal favor for her co-worker, Hilda Johnson.

When Hilda had mentioned that she knew someone that was perfect for the soon to be open accountant position at NTA she’d gotten excited. Their normal accountant, Tegan Rutgers, was starting maternity leave in less than a week and they’d yet to find a replacement.

The first sign that Andie Branson wasn’t the right person for the job came when Melinda tried to setup the interview. Andie insisted that it take place away from NTA. It wouldn’t be the first interview she’d held offsite, but it was the first where the interviewee was so insistent that it be held offsite.

The second sign came when she met Andie. The woman reeked of cigarette smoke. The third sign and deal breaker came when Andie lit up a cigarette without even asking if Melinda minded. NTA stood for No Tobacco Association. Smoking a cigarette at a job interview was a bad idea when applying for any job. When interviewing for an anti-smoking organization it was just plain stupid. Melinda wasn’t about to hire a stupid accountant.

NTA was the brain child of its CEO, Rita Mitchell. During her presidency at The American Lung Association she had conceived of an organization that would unite all of the anti-smoking groups. It would focus their efforts and act as a donation nexus. NTA was an instant hit. Money poured in and they were making great strides in curbing the use of tobacco products. Rita projected that the last user of tobacco products had already been born and there were those in their forties who would die in a smoke-free world.

“Well, I think that wraps up all of my questions, do you have any questions for me?” Melinda asked.

“When do I start?” Andie asked as she pulled a crystal cylinder the size of a tube of lipstick from her purse. It looked a lot like a perfume dispenser.

Melinda laughed in spite of herself. Composing herself she said, “I have several other candidates to interview. I’ll let you know next week.”

“On a scale of one to ten, what do you think my chances are?”

Melinda regarded Andie for a moment as she considered her reply. Normally she avoided confrontation and told candidates that they weren’t getting the job through email, but something about Andie rankled Melinda. “Zero. There is no way you’re getting this job.”

“Thank you for your honesty.” Andie stood and extended her hand.

When Melinda shook Andie’s hand she was suddenly yanked forward with a surprising force. As she tried to catch herself, Andie spritzed her with the perfume. It smelled like a mixture of ammonia and tea leaves.

“What is wrong with you?” Melinda shrieked.

“Sit down and be quiet. I’ve decided that I have a couple questions after all.”

Melinda’s face drained of color. Her mind wanted to grab her purse and leave, but her body sat back down. She fought to scream, but she couldn’t utter a sound.

“You may talk, but only conversationally.” Andie sat down, removed a cigarette from her pack and lit it. “Now, I’m going to ask you some questions and I want you to answer them truthfully. Do you smoke?”

“No.” Terror rocked Melinda’s body, internally. On the outside she looked calm and relaxed.

“Briefly, tell me what you think of smoking.” Andie exhaled a thick cloud of smoke toward Melinda.

“It’s disgusting for one thing,” Melinda said as she waved at the smoke casually.

“But you think it smells wonderful,” Andie said and then took a drag.

Melinda stopped waving at Andie’s smoke and then sniffed the air. The smoke had changed from acrid and bitter to sweet and floral. “How did you do that?”

“I can make you do anything I want. The chemical in the perfume bottle has mind altering properties. For the next ten minutes you will do anything I say and believe anything I say. Any commands I give you during those ten minutes will become hardwired in your brain and will persist indefinitely.”

“That’s crazy,” Melinda said. Yet she feared that Andie was telling the truth. She still couldn’t stand, nor could she shout.

“I think you need a couple demonstrations.” Andie smiled. “The table is on fire.”

Melinda panicked as the table erupted in flames. A wall of heat slammed into her as the flames licked at her face. She tried to stand, wanting to flee the area, but still couldn’t. She scooted her chair away from the table.

“The table isn’t on fire and you know that it was all just an illusion.”

The fear on Melinda’s face changed to panic. Fire was scary, but having your mind altered against your will was horrific. “Please don’t do anything to me. You can have the job.”

“The job is only the start of it. You are going to be my disciple. You are going to help me bring NTA to its knees. But first you need to be a smoker.” Andie slid her pack of cigarettes across the table. “Have a cigarette.”

“I’m not about to smoke a cigarette.”

Adnie’s jaw clenched. Through gritted teeth she said, “I’m going to give one more chance to smoke voluntarily. You won’t like what happens if you refuse again.”

Melinda removed a cigarette and then placed it between her lips. As she reached for the lighter she said, “Please don’t make me smoke.”

“Are you married? Do you have children?”

“I’m married and I have two children.” She lit the cigarette and then immediately spat the smoke out. It might smell life flowers now, but it tasted horrible.

“Tell me about your children, do they live at home?”

“I have twin daughters. They’re both in college, but still live at home. Danielle is pre-med and Morgan is pre-law.” Melinda took another small puff and then exhaled the smoke without inhaling.

“If they take after you in any way they must be beautiful,” Andie took a drag and then slowly exhaled her smoke across the table. “I’m glad you decided to smoke without too much fuss. I don’t like it when people are stubborn; it makes me cranky in a hurry. If you had refused to smoke I may have done something nasty like make you lust after your daughters. Speaking of which, you can continue to smoke without inhaling and I’ll turn your daughters into strippers or you can inhale like a real smoker.”

Melinda brought the cigarette back to her lips and then pulled smoke into her mouth, this time breathing it into her lungs. Naturally, she gagged. “There I smoked. Please don’t make me do this anymore!”

“But you love smoking. You love it so much that you are going to help me overtake NTA. You want to share your love of smoking with the world. When you get home you’ll want to share your new love with your family.”

Melinda looked at her cigarette with a new appreciation. When she took her next drag she sucked on it aggressively. This time she didn’t gag when she inhaled. Instead she held the smoke in her lungs, savoring the fullness, letting the warm pleasure wash over her body. When she finally exhaled she said, “This cigarette tastes wonderful. Everyone should know how great it is to smoke.”

“Perfect,” Andie said as she watched her newest convert take another cheek hollowing drag. “I want you to call your assistant and let her know that I have the job. Also tell her that you’re taking the rest of the day off. Go home and share your new passion with your daughters. If they won’t smoke willingly give them a squirt of this.” Andie handed the perfume bottle to Melinda.

Melinda looked at the cigarette pack on the table and then the dwindling cigarette in her hand. “Do you think that I could have another cigarette?”

“Take the pack and the lighter.” Andie reached into her purse and pulled out a couple packs of Virginia Slims. “Here, take these, too. Consider them presents for your daughters. You might want to buy something a little more manly for your husband. I’d suggest Marlboro reds or Camel wides.”

“Thank you for showing me the light, Andie.” Melinda dropped her new cigarettes in her purse and then stood. She walked around the table and then hugged her new friend.

“You’re welcome. Now, I think that you have a call to make.”

Later that day

Danielle arrived home and encountered a scent she hadn’t smelled for months and one that she didn’t think she’d ever smell in her parent’s house: cigarette smoke. She set her backpack and purse down on the bench in the entryway and removed her coat. As she hung it up in the closet she kicked off her wedge sandals and slipped on her pink bunny slippers.

“Mom? Are you home?” Danielle called as she walked into the main part of the house.

“I’m in the kitchen, sweetie,” Melinda shouted back. “Are you hungry?”

Danielle entered the kitchen and froze. “No, I ate on the way home,” she said automatically as she stared at her mother, trying to process what her eyes were seeing. They told her that her mother was smoking a cigarette, but her brain was rejecting the idea as ridiculous.

Melinda exhaled smoke across the room. “Is Morgan with you?” She rolled the perfume bottle in her free hand.

“No, she has debate on Tuesdays,” Danielle folded her arms under her breasts. She looked a like a younger version of her mom, tall, slender and busty. She had her mother’s naturally wavy hair, but was a blonde. “Mom, why are you smoking?”

“Because it is wonderful. If I’d known how great cigarettes tasted I would have started smoking years ago.” Melinda motioned to the seat across from her. “Why don’t you have a seat?”

As she sat, Danielle looked at her mother like she expected an alien to explode from her chest.

“Have you ever tried smoking?” Melinda took another drag.

“No.”

“Have you ever been tempted?” Melinda exhaled a jet of smoke toward the ceiling.

“Of course. Who hasn’t?”

“Tell me about it.”

“It was a few years ago, in high school. You remember Kaley? Well, she stole a pack from her mom and talked a bunch of my friends into trying it. They all wanted me to smoke, but I refused. Kaley and a few of the others started smoking all the time after that.”

Melinda rolled the tip of her cigarette along the bottom of the ashtray, removing the excess ash. “Were you ever curious about what it tasted like? If you would have liked it like Kaley did?”

“Maybe a little bit. What’s gotten into you, Mom? You hate smokers.”

“I was ignorant. My eyes have been opened and I don’t want you walking through the world blind.” Melinda held the burning cigarette out to her daughter. “You should know what you’ve been missing.”

Danielle looked at the cigarette, then her mom and then the cigarette again.

“Go on and take it.”

Danielle took the cigarette and a strange thrill shot through her. It reminded her of the thrill she’d felt when her mom had let her drink wine three years ago. It had been just the two of them, both Morgan and her dad had been away for the evening. Drinking wine with her mother had made her feel like an adult, made her feel close to her mom and feel like her own person. It was their secret, one of the few she’d ever kept from her twin sister.

She raised the cigarette to her lips, first tasting her mother’s lipstick and then harsh smoke as she sucked a small amount of smoke into her mouth. She still remembered the violent coughing fits Kaley and the others had undergone when they’d taken too much smoke on their first drag. After a few seconds she breathed the smoke in. Both her throat and her lungs burned, but she didn’t choke.

“Go ahead and keep that one,” Melinda said as she pulled a cigarette from her pack.

Danielle took another small drag.

“Not so bad, is it?” Melinda asked around her cigarette as her she watched her daughter’s exhale join her own.

“It tastes better than I thought it would.” From what she’d heard it they tasted even better after a few cigarettes. She exhaled a thin stream of smoke. The feelings she’d had when drinking wine with her mom were back. She took another drag and savored the moment. “I don’t think that I’ll smoke regularly, but I might share one with you now and then.”

“Do you think Morgan would like to try it?” Melinda dropped the perfume bottle into her purse, glad that she hadn’t needed to use it on Danielle. It still might see use with Morgan and Ronald, her husband.

Danielle’s heart sank. There went her special time with her mom.

As if reading Danielle’s thoughts, Melinda said, “I know that it must be hard being a twin, not feeling like an individual, with an exact copy of yourself living in the same house. We can figure out something that can be just ours, but I don’t want it to be smoking. I hate the thought of depriving anyone of the chance to experience it firsthand.”

Danielle took another puff as she considered her mother’s words. Truth was she knew that Morgan would like to smoke. She’d been there when Kaley and the others had tried smoking for the first time. She had been one of the girls to continue smoking, sneaking away with Kaley during lunch to smoke in the woods behind the high school. She’d quit only because Danielle had threatened to tell their parents. Morgan had quit begrudgingly.

“Yeah, I think she’d like to try it.” Despite feeling a little dizzy and a touch nauseous, Danielle took one last drag before crushing her first cigarette out in the ashtray. Once Morgan found out that she could smoke without consequence, she had a feeling that they’d both be smoking together regularly.