The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Cat’s Eye 3

by J. Darksong

Hello. My name is Ellie. And I’m a cat.

Yeah, yeah. You know the drill by now. From the title, it’s the third one of these, and I’m the third cat in the household, so... yeah.

Sorry if I’m not as enthusiastic as some of the OTHER Pets that have submitted their tales, but I’m really much of a people person, according to Master. He doesn’t even really call me by my actual name. Sometime after I was brought into the household, he gave me the dubious moniker of ‘Tard Cat’. As in retarded. Which, I supposed, technically, I am. I had a hard birth, and among other things, my tail came out knotted and never straightened. As a kitten, I fell and rolled and stumbled into things constantly, because we cats use our tails to help balance. And with mine NOT acting very tail-like, I had to learn how to walk and balance all from scratch.

That... and the whole ‘brain thing’... and my penchant for kind of flipping into ‘evil cat’ mode on a dime for no apparent reason that anyone ELSE can discern. Hey, I have my reasons! And it makes sense to ME, even if my human owners don’t think so!

And anyway... I’ve been around as long as Shayli, Master’s favorite, and have outlasted other Pets that have come and gone, so that’s something. Dainty Miss Sasha Kitty? Gone. Was like a thousand years old anyway, and she finally kicked the bucket. Lucy, the truly ancient terrier terror? Boom! Outta here! Oh, and Gus? He was a true numbskull and slipped outside one day and ran for the hills and never came back. Me? I’m an indoor cat... and I LIKE being indoors. Open a door for me, and I’ll just glance around, nod, and walk back to my favorite corner of the nice air-conditioned house and take a nap.

Huh... well, I suppose I should catch you guys up on what’s been going on here. That’s how these stories tend to go, right? Let’s see... I mentioned already about the other cats biting it. Finnegan, the old dog that never learned any new tricks... he died as well. Was kind of sad, apparently. Baby cried a river of tears. Master got all weepy-eyed too, I suppose. Me, I just claimed his dinner bowl as my own once all of his stuff was taken away.

I’m not the sentimental type if that wasn’t immediately obvious.

Oh, we also had a parrot for a while. Really loud, annoying, squawking pest. It was Baby’s idea, of course. Between her and Daughter Judy, I swear they are trying to turn this place into an actual zoo! Every time we lose one Pet they try and replace him or her with two more. Anyway... I said we had Meeko for a while. Hehehehe... and no, before you ask, I didn’t make a meal out of the little ball of feathers... though not for a lack of trying! No, see, the stupid bird was let out of its cage all the time to fly around freely. Baby wanted to acclimate him to be used to every members of the family. But, well, the stupid bird apparently decided that one particular member was its complete and total enemy, and would divebomb that person every chance it got and try to peck through its skull to the ooey-gooey goodness inside. And nothing Baby could do could break the dumb bird of that habit. So, needless to say, they had to give him away.

Good riddance, I say. Would have been easier if they would have let me eat him—

“Huh. As if you could have ever caught him to begin with,” Shayli commented, walking into the room, and leaping up onto the Master’s bed. “We all know you’re not exactly... ahem... coordinated enough.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I murmured back, largely ignoring the white-furred dog. “I could have gotten him. It just wasn’t really worth my while to put in the extra effort, that’s all.”

“Translation? You’re too fat and lazy to chase him around,” Shayli replied with a grin.

“SHUT UP!” I hissed, ears going back. “I’m TRYING to tell a story here! Can’t you go occupy your time by cleaning yourself again... for like the fiftieth time today?” Stupid dog. I’m a cat, and we clean and groom ourselves constantly, and even I thought licking myself that much was excessive.

“Hmph. Whatever. It’s my time of the month,” Shayli remarked, primly. “If you actually HAD a normal cycle, you’d know what that’s like. Anyway, go ahead with your story. I’m sure everyone is dying to hear what interesting and exciting insights you have into life in this household... speaking of which, you DID mention the other changes, right?”

“Yeah, yeah, I’m telling them about all the new Pets—”

“No, no, you dimwit!” Shayli cut in. “I meant the other things! Like the new house, and the new people! No one cares about us Pets that much. They want to hear about Master and Baby and Daughter Judy, and what’s been happening with them!” She sighed dramatically. “If you don’t fill in those details, the readers will just be confused as hell!”

Huh. Oh. Well, I suppose she had a point. I should probably start with that, huh?

* * *

Okay! First of all, we were all living in a new house. A big, two-story deal in a new city. The old place was kind of homey and quaint, in a fashion. It was a nice home for Master and Baby, and Daughter Judy. But as the years passed, Daughter Judy grew up... and found herself a mate. A big giant of a man named John Dear. They got married, and moved away, leaving just Master and his Baby. And us Pets, of course. Life was good. Things were fine. Master and his Baby enjoyed the peace and quiet and solitude...

For about six months.

Turns out, living on their own was harder and more complicated than Daughter Judy or John Dear realized. They lost their home and moved back in with Master and Baby. Which was now cramped, but still okay. But then. Daughter Judy went into heat one day... sometime later, she and John Deer had a kitten of their own—

“A baby,” Shayli interjected. “For humans, the young ones are called ‘babies’.”

Tch. Fine. Whatever. Daughter Judy had a baby. Not to be confused with Baby, who was her mother. So then, Daughter Judy, was the baby’s Mother, though Baby was Daughter Judy’s mother. And she decided to name the baby Ellyanah... or simply Elly... which again, not to be confused with me, Ellie, the cat. So now, we have Baby’s daughter, Daughter Judy, who had a baby, named Elly, living in the same house with me, Ellie, the cat that is telling this complicated tale! Confused yet? Welcome to the club! Little Elly is now a whatchamacallit... a ‘toddler’, and when she gets into mischief, Baby or Judy yell out “ELLY!” and every time I jump, wondering if they are yelling at me!

Is it a wonder I’m so neurotic?!?

Sigh. Anyway... with the new addition, Master and Baby decided their small house was too crowded. He made a pretty good living, as did Baby, as a teacher. And with Daughter Judy and John Dear both having good jobs as well, they decided to simply pool their money together and buy a bigger house. Long story, short, a few months later, we moved here.

And then, shortly thereafter, Daughter Judy went into heat again and got pregnant again. So... she was no longer working. And so, Baby decided to stop teaching school to stay home and take care of the toddler instead of doing something called ‘Day Care’ which was apparently very expensive. Which meant the household now ran on Master and John Dear’s income alone. The new bigger house was WAY more expensive, so with only the two of them it was manageable, but just barely. It was apparently very stressful, to Master and Baby, both.

Which leads us to today, and the reason for my little story. This is what I saw happening today...

* * *

“Shoo! Shoo! Ellie, get down!” Baby grunted, shooing me with her hands. I frowned, glaring back at her, my ears down. The nerve! I mean, yeah... sitting up on the kitchen counters was probably NOT the best place to pick for a nap. Still... I’d just gotten nice and comfy. “Ellie, I said get down!” she repeated before bodily picking me up and dropping me onto the floor.

“Heeeeeeeeyyy!” I hissed back at her, glaring again. “I was lounging there! Sheesh!”

“Don’t you hiss at me, fat cat,” Baby snapped back, before turning back to the counter. I bristled slightly at that. I was NOT fat... I was just... er... thickly furred! It certainly was NOT because I now had my own food bowl, which I emptied regularly... and slept a large amount of the day. Insulted, I decided to cross the kitchen to the aforementioned food bowl, snatching up the last remaining kernels of my food. I made a mental note to use Baby’s new computer chair for my scratching post later on tonight when everyone had gone to bed.

“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon,” Baby mumbled softly to herself, thumbing through her handwritten notes, then back to the stack of cans, jars, and half-prepared food that she was attempting to put together. Sighing, she picked up a perfectly yummy-looking piece of raw chicken, placed it on the small scale, then sighed again, and sliced off a section of it before placing the adjusted piece into the mix of spices and dust she’d created. Then tossing it into the frying pan, she nodded, apparently satisfied. “That should do it. Geez... I taught first grade for three years before taking a break,” she chided herself. “You’d think I would have been able to remember, or at least figure out weights and measurements without having to Ask Siri every few minutes.” Turning aside, she glanced at the next page of her recipe notes. “Hmm... for the salad dressing, I need... two teaspoons of... wait. Teaspoons? Not tablespoons? Do I even HAVE a teaspoon?” she wondered aloud.

“BAAAABAAAAA!”

Baby winced, then sighed, hanging her head. “Yes, Elly, sweetie? I’m downstairs in the kitchen.”

Glancing over, annoyed again at being called only to, yet again, realize she meant the straw-haired toddler, I meowed my irritation, deciding to climb up on my cat tower to lounge, seeing as my previous spot was being used. Moments later, the little kitten, er... toddler, toddled her way into the kitchen, grabbing Baby by the leg. “Whatcha doing, Baba?” she asked.

I chuckled softly at that. Stupid little pre-human couldn’t even properly say the word ‘Baby’ correctly, calling her Ba-ba instead. Ah well.

“I’m making Pop Pop’s dinner,” she answered with a small sigh. “He’ll be home from work in a few minutes and I need to finish up.”

“Can I help yooou?” Elly asked, staring up at her. Baby smiled.

“Where’s your stool, sweetie?”

“OH! I’ll get it,” the two-and-a-half-year-old declared, toddling over to the corner to grab the small brightly colored, plastic folding stool, climbing up on it to stand just barely tall enough to see the small counter. Reaching immediately for the knife, she was stopped as Baby scooped it out instead.

“No, Elly. What did Baba tell you? Knives are dangerous. Don’t play with them.”

The blonde infant teared up. “But... I wanna help!!” she cried.

“Shhh... now, now, don’t cry. You can help me. See? Here. You can mix Pop Pop’s drink,” she said, handing the girl the large tumbler, with the water and powdered Crystal Light mix added. “All you have to do is stir it together. Remember the stirring game?” she asked as Elly picked up the wooden spoon. “And remember, you go round and round... but not too fast, okay? You don’t want it to spill.”

“Okay, Baba!” she said, happy again. And surprisingly, she did just as taught, stirring the large cup of drink carefully and not too quickly while her grandma finished cooking beside her.

Bored watching, I decided to catch a nap, and soon enough I woke to find the kitchen dark and deserted, the counters cleaned and the lights off. Stretching, I dropped down, then jumped back up onto the counter... then frowned, thinking. I really didn’t want to sleep on such a hard flat surface for the rest of the night. Yeah, it had been comfortable in the moment, but in retrospect, there were better places to be. Nodding to myself, I decided to head upstairs.

Only to pause, scowling, as a slim slinky shape slithered by.

And no, it wasn’t any of the actual SNAKES that lived in our household. Yeah, Daughter Judy was not only a baby-making machine, she was also a true psycho zoo-keeper wanna-be. In addition to Master and Baby’s Pets, Judy had brought to the house five different snakes, a pet tarantula, several pet mice—which she kept in a nice big cage to my eternal dismay, so close and yet so far—a pet dragon, as in the small bearded lizard kind, not the mythical fire breathing kind, which I hear is much cooler... oh, and an axolotl named Luna that lived in a big glass swimming tank, that everyone oohed and ahhed over for a week but not just sits there basking alone most of the time.

She’s actually my new bestie. The top of her tank is THE BEST place to nap. Sooooo warm! And for a fish with legs, she’s actually a pretty good conversationalist.

This, however, was none of the above. It was Baby’s newest addition, a little ferret named Briar Rose. I hissed as she scurried by and she stopped, waving a tiny clawed foot at me. “Yo. ’Sup Fat Cat?” she asked goodnaturedly.

“For the last time that’s NOT my name, you stupid little tube-rat!” I hissed back. She merely laughed.

“Yeah, I know. Just love your reaction to it. Besides, that’s what Master calls you all the time! Yanno, since Tard Cat is so ‘politically incorrect’ these days.” She chuckled again as my hackles raised. “Hey, hey... no need to get upset Just yanking yer chain a little. Relax.”

To wit, I responded calmly and composedly by pouncing on her, and proceeding to scratch the living hell out of the uppity little snot...

Okay, fine... rather, I tried to. The damned little fuzzball was quick and agile as hell. She scurried up the stairs, heading straight into Master and Baby’s room, chittering in laughter all the while. And, after a moment, I skulked up the stairs after her.

Mind, I hadn’t planned on going into the bedroom myself, originally. I’m not really the social type. Ragnar was Baby’s fuzzy-wuzzy snuggle cat, and Shayli was Master’s Pet, plain and simple. Me, I was pretty much a free-roaming entity, I came and went as I pleased. If I felt like being scratched behind the ear, I’d meow and pester and SCRATCH THE SHIT out of my target until they complied with my wishes. And.... sometimes scratch them up afterward when they were done. You had to let the humans know who was the boss, after all.

Needless to say, I was content to simply find a nice comfy corner and lounge in... and glare daggers at Briar while Baby sat in her bed, snuggling her stinking little ferret, who’d of course run to Mommy when the bad ol’ Ellie Cat went after her. “Ahh, there’s my sweet girl,” Baby was gushing, holding and snuggling the little rat fink. “Did that mean ol’ cat get after you again? Yeah... yeah... she’s a grumpy old cat, isn’t she? Yes, she is, yes, she is...”

Hmph. Yes, I WAS, actually. And hearing myself talked about that way didn’t help matters. I’d actually started to move to the bed and express my discontent, when the door opened, and Master walked into the bedroom.

“Hi, Baby... I’m home,” he stated wearily, tossing aside his heavy computer bag, and placing a large plastic bag on his desk. Moving to the bed, he pulled her in for a kiss, only to wince and draw back as ferret girl leaped up onto his shoulders. “Uh... and hello to you too, Nibblet,” he murmured, stroking the fuzzy before depositing it back onto the bed and giving Baby her kiss. “I noticed she was out and about,” he added drily. “I stepped in a bit of her poop on the stairs.”

“Oh! Oh, Master, sorry about that,” Baby said, contritely. “Yeah... I decided to let her out of her cage... she’d been cooped up in there for the past few days, you know.” She sighed. “I guess I was so busy with everything else that I forgot to check and see if she’d gone poo somewhere...”

“It’s fine,” Master remarked, sitting down on the bed. “It was just the one spot and I cleaned it up before I came upstairs.” He retrieved the plastic bag, opening it to reveal the dinner Baby had made for him. “Mmm... I found your note and brought dinner upstairs with me,” he said, stating the obvious. “Not sure what you made, but it smells wonderful.”

Baby smiled softly at that. “Hope you like it. It’s just some braised chicken and veggies stir-fried. I tried to keep it light and easy, but also tasting good.” She smiled again as he leaned forward to kiss her. “Mmmm... thank you. You know, you’ve been doing so great these past few weeks. And you look really good.”

Master chuckled. “I feel really good, too. Since getting that gym membership at the start of the year, I haven’t missed a week yet.” He sighed, stretching. “And I’m not nearly as sore as I was first starting out.” Digging into his dinner, however, he paused, glancing sidelong at his wife. “And how about you, Baby? How are you feeling?”

Considering the question seriously, she sighed. “Really... I’m feeling a little overwhelmed,” she admitted softly. “I’m kind of doubting myself. Moving to this house, then quitting my job to take care of Ellie... and now with Daughter having another baby on the way...” She shook her head. “I know how hard you’re working, sweetheart. You and John Dear, both. And things are kind of tight... I just... I guess I’m just scared that’s all...” She blinked eyes wet with unshed tears. “I really wish my momma was here. I could always talk to her when I start getting like this...”

Huh. Yeah, guess I skipped over that fact as well. Baby’s mom, a rather nice lady that I liked, and always took the time to greet me and scratch behind my ears without prompting... she died a few months ago. She had cancer... and it was very sad. I suppose. I mean, I kind of liked her? I never had to scratch her or anything to make her leave me alone. So, as humans go, she wasn’t too bad. But yeah... Baby and the others got really weepy about it for a very long time.

“Yeah, I know, Baby,” Master murmured softly, pulling her into a hug. “I miss her, too. But I know what she’d say if she was here. She’d tell you to buck up... to have some faith. You are a smart and resourceful woman, Baby. And you’ve kept this household running all this time, despite all the complications thrown your way.” He took her hand gently. “And you know we’ll all do anything we can to help you with this and lighten your load.”

“Yeah, I know,” she said, shaking her head sadly. “But it’s still not enough! You’re working yourself to death, taking all that overtime, just to make sure we have enough money. And then I go and do something stupid and irresponsible like... like...”

“Like buying a ferret?” Master asked, eyebrow raised as Briar Rose scurried up his arm to sit on his shoulder.

“Yes... like buying a ferret,” Baby murmured, hanging her head. “Oh god... what am I doing? I know... I know... one minute I’m watching every penny, and the next, our crazy Daughter, who is NOT working, mentions a new pet at the pet store she USED to work at, and suddenly I’m running out to bring a new furry friend home! What the hell is wrong with me?!?”

Yeah. I have wondered that same thing myself for years. Stupid humans.

Rather than berate her or chastise her, however, Master simply pulled her into a warm embrace. “You know exactly what it is, sweetheart,” he told her gently, wiping the tear tracks from her cheeks. “You said it yourself. You’re feeling overwhelmed. We’re basically living paycheck to paycheck right now... and you’re tired and overworked, just like John and myself. You’re not going to a job every day like us, but you sure as hell work hard here at home every day, cooking, cleaning, taking care of the bills, and looking after a very hyperactive and rambunctious toddler, day after day after day.” He smiled softly kissing her. “And on top of all of that, we now have ANOTHER small baby on the way. And Daughter Judy has already shown that she is not capable of doing this on her own, that she depends on you to help her through this. So yeah... it’s perfectly natural to feel overwhelmed.”

She sighed deeply, melting into him. “I know... and really, it’s not so bad. I’ve done our budget and we’re fine. Or, we will be if I stop bringing home exotic pets,” she added with a small smile. “I guess you’re right. I am really really tired. I never thought being home all the time would get me down... but I’m used to getting out and leaving every day.” She sighed. “When I was teaching, I’d sometimes stop by and visit one of my friends, like Miss Sherry, or just go to the park... just to relax a bit. But now, I’m here in the house ALL THE TIME...”

“Well,” Master said after a moment, “whoever said you HAVE to stay home all the time?” Baby blinked. “You have Elly’s stroller. Load her up tomorrow and take a walk. There’s a park with a playground just down the road easily within walking distance. Why not pack a lunch and the two of you just spend some time outside tomorrow? Heck, why not make it a regular thing?”

Baby gaped at him, then laughed, shaking her head. “Damn... why didn’t I think of that? Yeah... that’s a great idea. A little sun, some air... that would help a lot, actually.” She leaned forward and kissed him deeply. “Thank you for that, Master. You always know how to make everything better.”

He chuckled. “Well, I can’t fix EVERYTHING, but I try and help where I can.” He pushed aside his dinner tray, now empty, retrieving something from his pocket. “As for making things ‘better’ for tonight,” he said with a smirk, surprising her by holding up a small but familiar pocket watch on a chain. Baby let out a soft gasp, her eyes moving to it instantly. “Yes, Baby. The watch. You know what happens whenever you see it, don’t you?” She nodded softly, eyes locked onto it as it began to sway. “Yes... good... just like that. You like to watch it sway... watch it swing... you can’t look away from it...”

“Can’t look away,” Baby said in a soft sleepy tone.

I huffed softly, rolling my eyes. Master’s favorite trick was to use his pocketwatch to do hypnosis stuff to Baby. Granted, they didn’t do it too often these days. Heck, I wasn’t exactly sure what was considered ‘old’ for humans, but they were both in their fifties now. Definitely not the spring chickens they used to be. Still, breaking out his magical pocketwatch could only mean one thing. And I knew exactly how the rest of the night was going to go.

“And... sleep,” Master said sharply, lowering the watch. As expected, Baby obeyed, eyes closing, head slumping down, a soft empty smile on her lips. After years, decades really, of being conditioned, she always associated being hypnotized by Master with pleasure. Kind of a workaround for her normal lack of arousal, thanks to her being spayed by the doctor years before. All too soon, Master began whispering softly in her ear, and Baby began making those familiar moaning groaning sounds and rubbing and grinding against him. When he commanded her to open her eyes again, she basically pounced on him in a way that made me as a cat kind of proud.

Feeling frisky, Master rolled her over, pinning her down, kissing and nibbling as she returned the favor, both of them ramping up for their usual sexy hijinks. I was frankly bored, and just about to settle back in for a nap when suddenly Master let out a loud shout, and Baby screamed. My fur actually stood on end, and I drew back as they suddenly slid out of bed, whipping off the bedsheets to find—

Briar Rose. Sitting in the middle of the bed, looking confused.

“Gaah! Little Nibblet,” Master grumbled, shaking his head. “I forgot all about her. Goddammit...”

Second later, the bedroom door opened, and Daughter Judy and John Dear both ran in. “Mom? Is everything okay? We heard you scream and—oh, my, hello!” she yelped, going red in the face, averting her eyes. “Okay... I’m guessing tonight was sex night, and something happened...”

John Dear laughed ruefully. “Yeah. I’m guessing it had something to do with the little critter sitting there in the middle of the bed.”

Grumbling, Master picked up the ferret, stomped towards the door, and handed her over to Daughter Judy. “Do me a favor and go put Nibblet back in her cage for the night,” he grunted. “And you’ll probably want to head back to bed and... I dunno, put on a movie or some music or something.”

“Yeah, right, don’t need to tell me,” Daughter Judy remarked, eyes still averted.

“Hmph! What are YOU acting embarrassed for?” Baby remarked, blushing deeply. “It’s not as if you are some ‘vestal virgin’ or anything, you know,” she said, gesturing to the Daughter’s visible baby bump. Both she and John Deer had the good grace to blush at the reminder.

“And, on that note, we’ll leave you both to it,” John remarked, pulling his wife along with him. “Have a good night.”

Master merely sighed. “Yeah, we’re planning to,” he said, as Baby giggled ruefully. Shaking his head, he moved back to the bed... only to pause, staring down at me. “And... just to make sure there are no further interruptions,” he said, bending down.

And... just like that, I was ousted! Me! Picked up and tossed out of the room. Seriously... the nerve of some people.

Sighing, I walked over to Baby’s office chair and leaped in, settling down to nap on the soft cushion. I thought about my earlier vow to use it as a scratching post... but in all honestly, I was too sleepy to put in the effort. I could certainly rip it apart later. For now, I was looking forward to a nice relaxing rest. And so, I drifted off, the muffled sounds of Master and Baby enjoying themselves in the background, lulling me to sleep.

((end))