The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Coffee Shop IV: Sex, Lies & Duct Tape.

Disclaimer. The following story, is a work of fiction. The characters portrayed within are a work of fiction as well, and any resemblance to any person, living or dead is a coincidence and unintentional.

Copyright © 2001. This story is the property of the author, Canadian Cowboy. Any duplication, in whole or in part, is forbidden without the express written consent of the author, Canadian Cowboy.

Chapter 3. Nights Are Forever, Without You

432,000 seconds. 7,200 minutes. 120 hours. Five days. No matter how you counted it, it still took an eternity to pass. That’s how long it was between the night that Andy left and the time that I got the phone call from Chuck. (Yes, you read that correctly. Chuck, not Andy.) In the interim, if it had not been for work, I’m sure that I would have just hidden in my bedroom, and not come out for a week or two. But, I had duties and responsibilities at work not to mention people who were depending on me. I couldn’t just sit at home and wallow in self pity and pain. Besides, I’d learned long ago that the best way to help yourself when you are hurting is to help someone else. It takes your mind off your own troubles. (See, sometimes work can be a good thing, and I don’t mean just as a way to pay the bills.)

My face was a mass of black and blue bruises, some of which were turning a remarkable shade of purple. I also had a wonderfully matched set of black eyes, all courtesy of Chuck. I looked like a raccoon with the mumps, when I went to work on Tuesday morning. While it was uncomfortable to chew, the pain wasn’t all that bad. I had gone to the emergency room on Monday evening, and the X-rays they took showed that my ribs were bruised but not cracked or broken. They taped me up and gave me something a bit stronger than aspirin for the pain, and then sent me home. The most difficult part was answering the endless “What happened to you?” questions from everyone at work. I told them all the same thing, which was that a now former friend and I had gotten into a disagreement. It was close enough to the truth. A few of the more curious people of course, pushed for more details. I told them that I did not want to talk about it. With Wendy Murchason though, I had to tell her flat out that it was none of her business. She was one person who just does not know where the line is drawn between social life and private life at work. I did not care that she walked off with her nose out of joint, when I told her to ‘mind here own business, and not mine.’ I was in too much discomfort to really care if her feeling were hurt by my abrupt brush off. But enough about the local office busybody.

I had managed to make it through the remainder of the work week, but Saturday was turning out to be difficult. While I was at work there were many things to occupy my mind, but now at home on a Saturday afternoon it was different. I found myself in a fight with despair and loneliness, and I was losing. (Well, what did you expect? It was two against one, after all.) The most difficult thing in the world is to try and not think about something or someone. I was trying not to think about Andy, and doing a very bad job of it. I suppose you’re wondering why I didn’t just throw away my foolish pride, phone him and beg him to come back to me. Well, it had nothing to do with pride. I would have been over to his house in a flash and groveled on my knees in front of him, begging and pleading with him through choking sobs, if I thought it would make the slightest bit of difference. But I knew that it wouldn’t. I knew Andy. He had to make up his own mind, and on his own. He had to decide if he ever wanted to see me again. He had to come to terms with me and my powers.

Yes it all made perfect sense to my head, but the message was not getting through to my heart. My heart was as bruised and beaten up as my face, except that you couldn’t see it. That didn’t mean that my heart wasn’t hurting as much, if not more than my face was. Unlike my face, my heart didn’t show the slightest sign that it was on the mend. (Well, what did I expect? It had been only five days.)

As if in sympathy for my plight, Mother Nature had arranged for it to rain and rain and rain. (It was slow and gentle rain though, not a violent storm. Maybe it was Mother Nature’s way of crying.) So not only was I sitting at home heartbroken, and moping around, but it was a dark, dreary and rainy day too. The weather matched my mood perfectly. However, that didn’t stop me from picking up the phone a least a dozen times that day, intending to call Andy. All that stopped me from punching in his number was the crystal clear knowledge that if I did talk to him, it would only make matters worse. He would see it as pressure from me, and that was sure to drive him further away from me than he was already. At least that is what I kept telling myself. I didn’t know if it was true, and frankly at that point I didn’t really care. If it was a lie, then so be it. It was the only comforting thought I could dredge up from my mind and cling to. It offered me a shred of comfort and solace. So I took it.

Is it any wonder that the phone call from Chuck was such a welcome interruption? Well, not at first it wasn’t, I admit. When my phone rang at about a quarter after three in the afternoon, shattering the eerie quiet that filled my apartment, my first thought and hope was that it was Andy phoning. The sound of Chuck’s distinctive voice on the line quickly crushed that feeble hope before it had even a chance of sprouting wings.

“What do you want, Chuck?” I asked him after I had picked up the phone and said hello. I kept my voice as neutral as I could.

“I would like to drop by your apartment after work today and apologize to you,” he answered me in a voice that sounded sincere. “That is, if it is okay with you,” he added hastily.

“You could do that now, over the phone,” I told him. “You don’t need to see me in person to apologize.” After our last encounter, I wasn’t exactly thrilled with the idea of seeing Chuck again.

“Uh...I guess you’re right about that,” he admitted. “But I want to do it in person. It would mean a lot to me. And, well, I wanted to check on you to see if you’re okay.”

“Chuck,” I said in a cold voice. “This sudden concern for my well being is as transparent as glass. What do you really want?”

“Okay, I admit it,” he confessed. “I need to see you in person to discuss something that I can’t talk about over the phone. It’s something of a personal nature, and I can’t talk to you about it in public. I know it’s asking a lot, but I need to talk to you about this in private. We can’t do that at my house, so that leaves your apartment. I’m asking you to trust me on this.”

“You’re asking a hell of a lot,” I said to him, my voice even more icy than before. Still he had awakened my curiosity. “However, you can come over to talk. What time do you expect to be here?”

“My shift ends early today at five o’clock this afternoon,” he answered, his voice covered with relief that I had agreed to meet with him. “I can be at your place by six, if that’s okay with you.”

“Fine, Six o’clock it is,” I replied, keeping my voice cool. . “I’ll see you then.”

“Great, Paul!” he exclaimed. “I really appreciate this. I’ll see you then. I have to go now ‘bye!”

There was a sudden click in my ear as the line went dead. I looked at the phone for a second or two before I placed the handset back in the cradle. Well, now I had a reason to take a bath and get dressed. I had been lumbering around the apartment in my pajamas since I’d gotten up this morning. I hadn’t had the energy or inclination to get changed. Now I did. I decided, after a long relaxing soak in the bathtub, to change into some cowboy clothes. I chose a simple light yellow western style shirt with a pair of dark blue jeans, a brown belt and brown socks. (I’ll refrain from telling you what colour my underwear was.) It was a comfortable outfit. I passed the time waiting for Chuck to show up, by reading a book. I was surprised that I was able to concentrate and follow the plot, since I’d been unable to do that all day. A few chapters later the doorbell rang, dragging me out of the story that I was engrossed in, and back into reality. I looked at the clock. It read five minutes after six o’clock.

I walked over to the front door and peered thought the peephole. As expected I saw Charles (Chuck) Chatterly standing on the other side of door. I sighed quietly to myself as I unlocked the door. “I might just as well find out what the heck he wants,” I thought to myself, as I opened the door. “What did you want to talk about, Chuck?” I asked him as he stood there on the threshold of my apartment.

“May I please come inside?” He asked me, quietly as he looked at me. “I’d rather not talk here in the hallway.” Chuck must have just come in from outside, since his dark green raincoat was still dripping with rain. I could see a few raindrops on the dark green rain cover that he wore over his uniform hat. He stood there, waiting patiently.

“Come on in, Chuck,” I answered after a few moments of hesitation. I didn’t have that creepy crawly feeling I’d come to associate as a warning of trouble, so I thought it would be safe enough to invite Chuck inside. “Make yourself comfortable in the living room. You know the way.”

Chuck nodded curtly at me as he passed by on his way to the living room. He stopped suddenly and headed back towards me. “I really should hand up my coat and hat, don’t you think?” He asked me as he headed towards the hall closet.

“Fine, go ahead,” I agreed indifferently. I wasn’t concerned that he might assault me as he did last time. I knew that I could take over control of his mind in a heartbeat if I had to. This time though, I would not have any compunctions about doing so if he tried to attack me. Chuck still might be Andy’s best friend, but I wouldn’t let that stop me from protecting myself, not this time.

Chuck slipped off his RCMP raincoat, shook it a few times to get the water off of it and hung it up in the closet away the other items in the closet, so as to insure that nothing else got wet. I knew that this was an RCMP raincoat, because it was dark green on the outside and bright orange on the inside. The coat was reversible. The orange side intended to be worn at night to provide greater visibility. This is what Andy had told me when I’d first seen his RCMP raincoat and asked him why it was orange on the inside. Chuck took off his uniform hat and shook it gently to relive it of it’s burden of raindrops. He placed his hat, with the rain cover still on it, on the closet shelf and made sure that his hat was well away from anything else on the shelf. I was surprised at Chuck’s actions as they seemed to indicate some degree of consideration or concern for me, or at least my belongings. This was not at all like the man, who had used my face as a punching bag only a few days ago.

When Chuck arrived in the living room, he chose to sit in about the middle of the sofa, with his hands in his lap. He made himself comfortable and waited for me as if he had all the time in the world. I looked at him for a second or two before I turned and locked the front door. Then I took a deep breath and slowly walked into the living room heading for the matching swivel rocker chair that was near the sofa. I could not help but give Chuck the once over while I walked towards him. I might not like the guy, but old habits die hard.

As expected Chuck was dressed in the ordinary working clothes of an RCMP constable. His head was bare, since his hat was in the closet. I could clearly see the forest green tie that hung down from Chuck’s shirt collar. The tie was held in place by a small silver bar at just below mid chest level, but even so the tie hung down well past the waist of Chuck’s forest green uniform pants. The pointed tip of the tie stopped just short of the bottom of the waistband of Chuck’s uniform pants, although it was a bit difficult to be sure since the tie matched the colour of the pants perfectly. (Hey, what do you expect? He was wearing a uniform after all. The colours are supposed to match. ) It was unusual for Chuck to be wearing a tie as part of his work uniform. He must have put it on just before he came over to my apartment. It was a nice touch, though. As expected his shirt was a long sleeved very pale green, boarding on white, uniform shirt with two button flapped chest pockets. The shirt fit him well. It wasn’t as close fitting as Andy’s shirts were on Andy. (A slight twang of pain shot through me as I thought of Andy. I had to stop doing that. Comparing every guy I met with Andy. It was some what more difficult in this case, as Chuck was an RCMP constable too. With considerable effort I wrenched my thoughts away from Andy and back to Chuck, and his shirt.) His shirt fit him well. It accentuated his slightly broad shoulders and trim waist line. It complimented his general body shape, without attracting overdue attention to any one part of his body. His uniform shirt was tucked into a pair of forest green uniform pants, which were encircled by a plain black leather belt with a polished but plain silver buckle. Actually there was the expected thick wide black leather gun belt that snuggled around Chuck’s hips and blocked the view of the waist of Chuck’s uniform pants. However, I had seen Andy in uniform often enough to know what type of belt Chuck would be wearing in his uniform pants. The pants were of average fit, not too loose and not too tight (unfortunately). Since Chuck was sitting down, I couldn’t really say how well those uniform pants fit him. I did know from past experience with Andy (There I go again! Another twang of pain.) that the pants would have smooth side angle front pockets, and two pockets in back, the pocket on the left having a button through closure. In addition there would be a thick yellow (or was it gold) stripe that ran down the outside seams of his pants, starting at the waist of his pants and flowing all the way to the cuffs. A quick glance down at the floor confirmed that Chuck’s feet were encased in a pair of polished black uniform shoes, laced tightly.

“Well?” I asked Chuck as I sat down in the swivel rocking chair, keeping my voice cool and calm. Normally the sight of a guy in a uniform is enough to get me a bit excited, but not this time. My face was still recovering from Chuck’s last visit. It was more than enough to throw a pale of water on the fire on my enthusiasm, if you catch my meaning. “What is it that you wanted to talk about?” I challenged him.

Chuck wiggled around on the sofa, and slowly leaned forward slightly while resting his hands on his knees. He looked at me and licked his lips nervously before he spoke. He could tell from the tone of my voice that I had somewhat adversarial feelings toward him. “I...un...I wanted to say that I’m sorry about the other day. And, well, I wanted you to know that I’ll never do anything like that again.”

I didn’t say anything. I merely raised one eyebrow in disbelief at his statement. Considering the anger that I still nursed at Chuck, I thought my restraint was commendable. Or maybe it was that I didn’t yet trust myself not to say or do something that I might regret later.

Chuck looked at me and licked his lips again. He could tell that his apology wasn’t having any affect on me. (Did he really expect that it would? If so, then he was deluding himself.) It was just as if he’d never spoken. He looked away at me, as if he were searching for the magical ‘right’ words to say that would make everything better. (Okay, so I’m being a bit sarcastic and cynical at this point. My feelings toward Chuck were making me contemptuous of anything he might say to me at this point. It was not like me to be so closed minded, but I could not forgive him for his actions the other night. Well, not yet anyway.)

“This isn’t easy,” Chuck said lamely. “I’m not sure how to say this.”

“Chuck,” I said to him and let out a long sigh of frustration. “If you’re trying to convince me that you’re sorry for what you did the other day, forget it. There is nothing you can say that will change how I feel about you, or about what happened.”

“Oh, it’s not that,” Chuck said quickly. “It’s about Andy and you and me. Andy and I have been talking about what happened that Monday afternoon, and about other things. I wanted you to know that we’ve worked things out. It took a while, but I’ve come to accept that Andy’s gay. I wanted to say ‘thank you’ for that.” Chuck gulped and looked at me.

“You’re welcome,” I said stiffly, without an ounce of sincerity in my voice. “I hope the two of you will still be friends.” (I wondered if Chuck had any idea of how difficult it was for me to say that. I was keeping a firm grip on my emotions and feelings, those about Chuck and the ones that I had about Andy.)

“That’s all you have to say?” Chuck asked, puzzled at my response.

“What did you expect?” I shot back at him.

“What about Andy? Don’t you want to know what he thinks about all this?” Chuck persisted.

“Not from you I don’t,” I answered, and stared at him frostily. “I wouldn’t trust your answer, Chuck. If Andy wants to tell me something, he knows my phone number and where I live.”

“You’re being a real hard ass about this, do you know that?” Chuck tossed back at me.

“Yes, I am” I agreed my voice cracking with cold fury. “What else did you expect?”

“From what Andy told me about you, a lot more,” Chuck answered. “Frankly I’m disappointed in you. Andy said you were a warm, understanding, compassionate and loving man. I thought you would understand about what happened, and that you’d forgive me. I guess I was wrong about you, and I guess Andy was too.”

“Nice try, Chuck,” I replied, totally unmoved by his words. “Trying to use Andy to appeal to my better nature isn’t going to work. Andy and I are history and I have you to thank for it.”

“Listen, could I trouble you for a cup of coffee?” Chuck asked in a sudden change of topic.

“Coffee? Why?” I asked taken aback.

“I’ve had a hard shift and I’m not thinking too clearly right now,” Chuck answered. “Some coffee would help me to clear my head. Do you mind?”

I looked at Chuck, as he looked back at me. “Oh, I suppose not,” I answered, after a few seconds of hesitation. “I could use a cup myself. What do you take in it?”

“Black is fine,” Chuck answered. “Do you want me to help?”

“No, thank you,” I answered as I stood up and headed out to the kitchen. It took but a few moments for me to walk into the kitchen. As I went through the motions of making two cups of coffee, I couldn’t help but wonder at this sudden request from Chuck. It was strange. On a hunch I decided to open my mind and see if I could pick up any impressions from Chuck. To my amazement I didn’t detect anything amiss. There was no feeling of danger of any kind coming from the other room, but I kept an eye cocked to the other room just in case. Making the coffee took only a few minutes. I could have gone back and kept Chuck company while the water boiled but decided not to. I didn’t enjoy Chuck’s company, and making the coffee gave me a valid excuse to stay in the kitchen.

I walked back into the living room carrying two cups of coffee, and was surprised to see Chuck standing by one of the bookcases in the living room, with his back to me. I placed the cups and saucers on the coffee table and then sat down in the swivel rocking chair. “Coffee’s ready,” I called out to Chuck as he stood at the bookcase.

“Oh, sorry,” Chuck answered absently, still facing the bookcase. “I was looking over your collection of books. You have a wide interest in subjects, I noticed.”

“Yes, but that’s beside the point,” I replied. “Your coffee’s getting cold.”

“Right,” Chuck agreed, as he quickly turned around and walked over to the sofa. He sat down where he had been sitting before and picked up his coffee cup. He held it close to his lips and inhaled deeply enjoying the aroma of the coffee. It was too hot to drink, so he placed the cup back on the saucer. He timidly smiled at me as he waited for his coffee to cool. I stared back at him stonily. I wasn’t making this at all easy for him, and I had no intention of doing otherwise. (So maybe I was holding a bit of grudge, but my face was still sore and that made it difficult for me to feel charitable towards Chuck.) I nursed my cup of coffee along as I waited for Chuck to clear his head and organize his thoughts. I kept reminding myself that I had agreed to talk with Chuck about whatever it was that he wanted to discuss. So no matter how difficult it seemed, I had to listen to what Chuck had to say with an open mind. A cautious mind, but still an open one. (Do you have any idea, I wonder, just how hard it is to do something like that? Try it sometime, and maybe you’ll appreciate just what I was forcing myself to endure.)

A half a cup of coffee later, Chuck was finally ready to talk. He looked at me and said, “Paul, we got off on the wrong foot earlier. What I wanted to talk with you about wasn’t Andy. It was me. I’m still not sure exactly what you did to me the other day, but I’m fairly certain it wasn’t hypnosis.” He paused for a moment as if expecting me to respond.

“Fine,” I said as coldly as ever. “Believe what you wish.”

“What I wanted to discuss with you is the possibility of you trying to hypnotize me tonight,” Chuck said quietly, while maintaining eye contact with me. “Andy told me how good his hypnosis sessions with you were, and I’d like to know what it feels like.”

“That’s a real one hundred and eighty degree turn, Chuck,” I said to him sarcasm and doubt dripping from every word. “Especially considering what you thought of me and my sessions with Andy only a few days ago. Why the change of heart?”

“I guess you could say that I have had a change of heart, Paul,” Chuck answered. “I know that you don’t believe that I’ve changed how I feel about you and Andy and frankly, I don’t blame you for not believing me. I thought that if you could hypnotize me, it would show you that I have changed.”

I was intrigued by this revelation of Chuck’s but I also didn’t trust it, or him for that matter. “It’ still a little too pat and easy, Chuck,” I said to him. “A person doesn’t just change at the snap of a pair of fingers.” (Okay, so that’s not exactly true when it comes to me and my super hypnosis powers. However, that was beside the point for the moment.) “What it is that you’re not telling me? What happened between you and Andy to cause you to suddenly accept that Andy’s gay?” I asked him as I continued talking to him.

“Okay, it wasn’t easy I admit that,” Chuck said to me, as he sighed. “Andy and I had some terrible fights and some harsh words were exchanged. We....we....we got into a really big fight about it.” Chuck looked away from me as if the memory of that event were painful to him. After a brief pause he turned back to look at me, and continued speaking. “Andy finally helped me to see that the fact that he was gay didn’t make any difference. It didn’t change who or what he was. Andy made me see that the only difference was that now I knew that he was gay, and that I was the one who had the problem with that. Andy talked to me about all the important things that we had shared over the past five years, and how many times each of us had put our life in the hands of the other person. I...I wish I could tell you about those times and what we went through back then.”

“Anyway,” he paused for a moment to catch his breath. “After a lot of soul searching, I finally came to see that Andy was right about all this, and about you too. I wanted to make it up to you, to prove to you that I was sincere about my regret regarding my past actions towards you. So, after talking with Andy about it, I decided to come over and offer myself to you as a hypnosis subject. Andy said that you like to hypnotize cops, and by letting you hypnotize me it would prove to you that I really do trust you, and that I’ve changed.”

“I see,” I replied, my voice somewhat less frosty than it had been. It made sense, if Chuck was telling the truth. If I were to use my powers on him, I would find out quickly enough if he was telling the truth. I wasn’t really at risk since I knew that Chuck was not immune to my powers like Andy. Of course he didn’t know that. I looked at Chuck for a minute or so, as if I were still making up my mind. I didn’t want to seem too eager after all.

“All right, Chuck,” I said quietly, with just a touch of frost in my voice. “I’m willing to give it a shot if you are.”

“Sure. Okay,” Chuck agreed, somewhat nervously. “I’m willing to try.”

“Chuck, is something bothering you about this?” I asked him. “You seem a bit hesitant for some reason. It was your idea, you know.”

“Yes, it was my idea, but I can’t but have my doubts about this whole idea,” Chuck answered. “I really do want to try this, but at the same time I’m not sure I can bring myself to trust you enough to make this work.”

“I suppose I can relate to that, Chuck,” I said and the last fingers of frost left my voice. “Why don’t we try it anyway and see how it goes? Okay?” I asked him as I struggled to conceal the excitement from my voice. Chuck had just told me in not so many words, that he was going to resist my attempt to hypnotize him. I was going to thoroughly enjoy watching Chuck surrender to my super hypnosis powers. The opportunity this presented for revenge inundated my mind with a sudden thrill.

“All right then,” Chuck said no longer trying to conceal the doubt in his voice or on his face. “So what do I do?”

“Well, first make yourself comfortable on the sofa,” I told him. “It doesn’t matter how you position your body.”

Chuck moved around for a bit and finally settled into position. “Okay, now what?” he asked, as he looked at me. Chuck was sitting up straight on the sofa, with his arms crossed in front of his chest. His feet were flat on the floor and his legs were positioned parallel to each other and bent at an exact ninety degrees at the knees. He looked like he was sitting at attention. It must have been a less than comfortable position. I suspected that Chuck wanted this induction to fail, and was trying to insure that it would fail. It didn’t matter though, if this was a conscious effort on his part. The induction was going to work. I would see to that.

The opportunity had just been presented to me on a silver platter, as it were. Chuck was looking directly into my eyes. Acting quickly I projected some simple but powerful commands into Chuck’s mind. “Each suggestion that I give you now, Chuck, will take effect about thirty seconds after you hear it. As each suggestion takes effect, it will seem to be completely normal and natural, Chuck,” I mentally commanded him. Chuck’s face went completely blank for a few seconds as the commands entered his mind and took root. It was a struggle for me not to break into a smile at that point. I knew what was going to happen now, and the more I thought about it the happier it made me feel. Sometimes the anticipation can be almost as exciting as the actual event.

“Well, pick something to look at on the far wall,” I said aloud to Chuck after his expression had returned to normal. “It doesn’t matter what. Just pick something. You don’t even need to tell me what it is. When you have something picked out just nod your head once.”

Chuck looked at me with an “I’m not so sure about this” expression on his face, but he didn’t say anything. He looked away from me and glanced at the far wall. He looked about the room and after about a minute he nodded his head once. (Okay, so it was probably a lot less than a minute. I was getting a bit impatient, I admit.) Chuck held his head at just below eye level, another indication that he had strong reservations about me hypnotizing him. By keeping his gaze just below eye level, Chuck was insuring that he could stare at his chosen spot without causing any eye strain. It was a subtle attempt to sabotage the induction. Any other hypnotist would have taken corrective action, but I decided to ignore it, since it would not make any difference to the proceedings.

“Good,” I said to him as I started to shift my voice into the warm smooth soothing tones that I used during an induction. “Now don’t try to stare intently at the point you are looking at. Just try to let your eyes focus on it naturally, and normally. I’m not trying to cause you any eyestrain, Chuck. Just look at that point you’ve picked out and let it be the center of your vision. When you’ve got that point centered in your view, just nod your head once.”

Chuck stared at his chosen point for about a minute or so, before he finally nodded his head. His lips were pressed lightly together in a disapproving frown. It was clear that his doubts were as strong as ever.

“That’s good,” I said to him, keeping my tone smooth soothing and mellow. “You see, that wasn’t so hard. You’ve just proven that you can focus your attention on something specific, while still listening to me. Not everyone can do this as quickly as you’ve just shown that you can, Chuck. You should be proud of yourself. Why even now you’re able to keep your attention split between listening to my voice in the background, while your eyes remain fixed and focused, without any strain or discomfort, on the point you have picked out. Isn’t that right, Chuck?”

“Yeah, I guess,” Chuck replied, doubtfully, but he kept staring at that spot on the wall.

“It’s amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it, Chuck,” I said to encourage him as I continued the induction. “That’s all hypnosis is, you know. It’s just me showing you how to use the power of your own mind. All I do is show you the path in front of you, but you choose whether or not to walk down the path. Why even now I bet you’re finding that with your eyes focused on that spot of yours, you’re finding it easier to hear what I am saying. When you feel that happen, when you notice that it seems just a bit easier to hear my voice, Chuck, nod your head.”

“It’s okay to nod your head if I’m still talking, Chuck,” I said to him, after only a short pause. I didn’t want to have a pregnant silence in the room while I waited for Chuck to respond. It would throw off my timing, not to mention the rhythm that I was trying to establish. “Another thing you may notice is that you are becoming more, and not less aware of the other sounds in room, and even of the position of your body.” Chuck nodded his head as I continued speaking to him. “For example as you sit there looking at your spot, you may notice that you are more aware of the feeling of your feet in your shoes, and of how the normal weight of your feet and lower legs presses down upon the soles of your feet. When you feel this happen, Chuck, as your awareness grows, you just nod your head, and continue to let your eyes remain fixed and focused on your spot.”

“Soon and very soon indeed, when you notice that staring at your spot seems to be a bit easier to do than before, just nod your head Chuck,” I said to him as he nodded his head in response to my earlier suggestion. “Nodding your head is easier than talking, isn’t it Chuck?” I asked him. A quick head nod followed.

“Fine,” I soothed. “Just nod your head for ‘yes’ or shake it for ‘no’. Hypnosis is not mind control, you know. If it were, I’d be rich and not have to work for a living. And as we both know, Chuck, I’m not rich. When you find it’s starting to become easier to focus on my voice and what I am saying, just nod your head. The interesting thing is Chuck, that as you spend more time letting your eyes gazed upon your spot, you’ll find that it starts to become easier and easier. You’ll find that not only is it easier to look at your spot, but that its also easier to listen to what I am saying, to hear and understand my words as I speak. When this happens, when you find that it’s getting just a bit easier to look at your spot, you nod your head. And when you feel yourself better able to listen to my voice and understand the meaning of the words as they flow into your mind, you nod your head.”

Chuck nodded his head once and then a few seconds later he nodded it again. He was responding well, but his progress was slow. His face still had that “I’m not so sure about this” expression on his face, and his lips were still pressed together in a firm doubting frown. He wasn’t giving an inch. Clearly he was still resisting the suggestions in his own mind, even if he was carrying them out.

“The more you concentrate on your spot, Chuck, the easier it seems to be to just keep looking at the spot,” I said keeping my voice pitched soft and smooth. “Each and every time, when you feel it becoming even easier to just keep staring at your spot, you nod your head, and each time that you nod your head, it becomes easier to keep staring at the spot. Staring and nodding. Nodding and staring. And all the time, finding it easier and easier to hear what I am saying, to listen and understand the words that seem to flow from my lips into your ears and down into your mind.”

I had barely finished speaking when Chuck started to nod his head a few times. They were not big nods, just a slight dipping of his head down and then back up, but they were starting to become more frequent. “You’re doing fine, Chuck,” I encouraged him. “In fact you’re doing so well, that you notice now that all the sounds in the room seem to fade away leaving only the sound of my voice as I’m speaking to you. Your concentration is so strong and powerful now that you can hear my voice and understand my words easily, now. Each and every time, when you feel yourself experiencing these changes as I draw your attention to them, you nod your head.”

I took a moment to catch my breath as I waited for the inevitable nod of Chuck’s head. It took only a moment or two before I saw it. “Staring at the spot is so easy now Chuck, that it almost feels automatic, as if you could do it forever. You’ve become so good at looking at the spot, that it seems to take less and less effort with each word that I utter and with each breath that you take. And when you notice a change in your breathing as I am talking, you nod your head and just continue to keep staring at the spot on the wall. It’s so easy and simple to do, that you’re actually starting to enjoy doing it, aren’t you?”

A few nods of Chuck’s head was all the response that he offered to my question.

“It is very common to experience changes in the sensations of your body as you learn to focus your attention Chuck,” I rattled on in a gentle monotone. “When you notice the feeling of your buttocks pressing comfortably into the cushion of the sofa that you’re sitting on, you’ll nod your head. After a few breaths you’ll notice that the sofa is so comfortable that you’ll let out a small sigh of satisfaction.”

Chuck’s head nod was quickly followed by low and soft sigh escaping from his lips. I took note of the fact that after his sigh, his lips were not firmly pressed together any longer. He held his lips just slightly apart. “The Iceman IS melting!” I thought silently to myself.

“The more you stare at the spot, Chuck, the better you start to feel, and soon and very soon indeed, you’ll feel that all you want to do for the moment is to look at the spot and let that feeling of comfort grow and become just a bit stronger, maybe even melt into a feeling of relaxation,” I suggested to him. Chuck’s head bobbed up and down several times as the suggestions quickly took effect.

“When you notice a change in your breathing, that you breathing has become deep, even, and pleasant, you’ll find it becomes easier and easier to keep listening to my voice and to follow along. Your eyes staring at that spot on the wall as you let out another long deep sigh of pleasure,” I said to him. Chuck eyes were locked on that spot on the wall, whatever it was. I hadn’t bothered to find out what it was that he was looking at, since it really wasn’t important to the induction. He sighed several times as he continued to stare at the wall, and nod his head.

“Staring and nodding. Nodding and staring, Chuck,” I pattered on. “Feeling more comfortable with each nod of your head, and with each breath that you take. Staring at the spot on the wall has become so simple and so easy now that it almost feels automatic. When you feel that happen, Chuck. When staring at the spot on the wall, and listening to my voice has become almost automatic, you’ll find it very easy to say the word ‘yes’, once.”

“It might not happen right away, Chuck,” I prompted him when I did not see an immediate response from him. “Each person responds at a different rate, but you might also notice that way down in your body is a tiny little bit of relaxation way, way down deep in your torso. Such a small tiny bit of relaxation that you might not have noticed it, if I hadn’t mentioned it to you.”

“When you can sense and feel that tiny little bit of relaxation in your body, as you continue to effortlessly gaze upon that spot on the wall, you’ll let me know just like you always do,” I jabbered on as I waited for Chuck’s response.

I was about to continue my prattle when I saw Chuck’s head bob up and down a few times. Then my ears savored the sweet sound of Chuck’s voice saying in a near whisper, “Yes. Automatic.”

“Becoming more and more focused on my voice and on the spot on the wall, Chuck,” I instructed him. “And as you become more and more focused, you notice that feeling of relaxation starting to grow and slowly spread out from your torso. As you feel that happen you sigh with satisfaction as you begin to feel your entire body slowly starting to relax. Just letting the tension, worry and concerns of the work world slip through your mind like water through a colander. As easy, effortless and natural as that.”

I smiled to myself as I saw Chuck sigh several times. The expression on his face had soften somewhat but it wasn’t anything like the zombie like or blank expression I was expecting to see by this time. Even with my super hypnosis Chuck was fighting me. If I had sent a few more commands into his mind I could have put him very deeply into a super hypnotic state, but where would be the fun in that? It was the slow gentle surrender of a subject that gave me the greatest satisfaction from a super hypnotic induction. Even more so in the case of this particular subject.

“The relaxation is a warm and familiar feeling, just like you had been sitting out in sunshine for a short while, Chuck. You can feel it now, can’t you?” I asked him.

“Yes,” he replied a few seconds, and then nodded his head in further agreement.

“Good,” I complimented him. “Just let it flow out from your torso to every part of your body, Chuck. Picture in your mind that the relaxation is flowing out along every blood vessel in your body. Even your breathing helps to spread this wonderful, peaceful relaxation through your body. And when you feel yourself going down deeper into relaxation, you say the world relax, as you sit there staring at your favorite spot on the wall.”

Chuck took a few deep breaths and I saw his head dip down slightly. It wasn’t a nod, though. It was his neck starting to relax. His arms were still crossed on his chest, and his face was still stony and hard. Doubt still remained it seemed.

“Relax,” Chuck sighed. “Yes, relax.”

“It feels good, doesn’t it, Chuck?” I inquired of him.

“Yes, it feels good,” he agreed. “I like it.”

“Well, the deeper you go into relaxation, Chuck, the better you feel, and the better you feel the deeper you go. Always going deeper, always feeling better,” I encouraged him. “So just let go. Just feel yourself going down deeper and deeper into relaxation with each word that I utter and with each breath that you take. You know and accept that you really want to go even deeper, and so you do. It just seems so natural, so good and so right.”

“Oh, yes, deeper,” Chuck breathed. To my satisfaction I saw his body sway slightly. I looked down at Chuck’s hips and legs and was delighted to see that his legs had started to spread apart. Instead of being held stiffly close to each other, his legs were at a more natural angle of about forty-five degrees. These were very encouraging signs, indeed.

“The deeper you go, the better you feel, and the better you feel the deeper you go,” I prompted him as I started to pile on the suggestions. “Always going deeper, always feeling better. And soon and very soon indeed you notice that the little muscles around your eyes are starting to relax. And as they do, you find yourself blinking a bit more frequently as you gaze upon your favorite spot on the wall, and listen to the smooth, steady, soothing, sounds of my voice. Finding it easier and easier with each blink of your eyes to keep on following my words as they lead you down deeper and deeper into relaxation. When you feel that happen, when you feel yourself just following the flow of my words and going down deeper and deeper into relaxation, you sigh with delight and nod your head.”

Poor Chuck. He really didn’t have much choice at this point but to go along with my suggestions. (Actually, if the truth be told, he didn’t have any choice once he came over to my apartment, but let’s ignore that fact for now, shall we? It kind of takes away from the joy and deliciousness of the moment.) His mind was being bombarded with my suggestions. As soon as he could comprehend what was said to him, the suggestion would kick in, and another suggestion would immediately follow it. I noticed that Chuck was blinking a bit more frequently than before, which triggered a slight feeling of pleasure in me. I was finally starting to feel the pleasure and satisfaction that a hypnosis induction usually brings out in me. I nodded silently to myself as I acknowledged that I had finally moved past my feelings of antagonism for Chuck, and was now able to concentrate on the hypnotic induction. I was finally starting to enjoy this induction, and for the moment that is all I concentrated on. Just getting Chuck under nice and deep.

“And you notice now, that it seems with each blink of your eyes, and with each breath that you take, you can sense and feel your eyelids starting to feel just a tiny bit heavier,” I hinted to him, as I kept my voice in that low smooth mellow tone that I always used during a hypnotic induction. “And soon and very soon indeed, your eyelids will feel so heavy that it will take more and more effort for you to keep opening them after you blink. But you do want to keep your eyes open, because that way you can keep staring at your spot on the wall. For it seems that the more you stare at the spot on the wall the deeper you and the deeper you go, the better you feel. Always going deeper, always feeling better. Every muscle in your face starting to relax more and more, now, as you continue to gaze upon your spot on the wall.”

Chuck absently nodded his head in agreement. He was responding so well to the suggestions that I no longer had to remind him to nod his head when he felt a suggestion taking hold. I looked at him, but did not say anything as I waited with baited breath for Chuck to approach the edge of hypnotic capitulation. I studied Chuck’s face as I watched him blinking while he continued to stare at his spot on the wall. It had taken some time, but he no longer had that doubting expression his face. His eyes were glazed over, his mouth hung slightly open, and the rest of his face was painted with a lovely dull and blank look that comes when every muscle in the face relaxes. I felt a small thrill as I looked at Chuck, drawing closer and closer to the cliff edge of hypnotic servitude.

“So comfortable,” Chuck muttered absently. “Relaxed and comfortable, oh yes.”

I took a few moments to let my gaze wander away from Chuck’s face, and look over the rest of his body. I silently rejoiced as I noticed that although his head was still held upright, he was leaning back somewhat and slightly slouched as he sat there on the sofa. Clearly the suggestions that all the muscles in his body were relaxing was being taken to heart. His breathing was slow and deep. I found it slightly titillating to sit there and watch Chuck breath. His arms were still crossed in front of his chest, but his shoulders were slumped now. His arms looked to be resting against his chest rather than being held stiffly against it as they had earlier. Chuck wasn’t a gorgeous hunk of a man by any means. He was only average looking at best. His appearance had changed slightly since the last time I’d seen him. He still had shortly trimmed dark brown straight hair, and clear smooth skin, except for the small scar on his right cheek. The scar was about an inch long and ran from just above his jaw line straight up towards the top of his head, almost as if someone had drawn it there with a ruler. The scar actually added to Chuck’s appearance. It offset the plain and ordinary appearance of his face and added a touch of maturity and ruggedness to it. Chuck’s face was unremarkable overall, except for that scar. His face was set and squared, but looked as if the sharp edges had been filed down to make them softer and less chiseled. He had a small nose, that sat in the middle of that face, just above his average sized mouth with its slightly thin lips. His ears were small and unobtrusive as well. He pale blue eyes added to the softness and suggested someone that would not push back, if he were pushed around. Chuck still had those bushy dark brown eyebrows that I remembered, but he had shaved off his bushy brown mustache. Clean shaven he looked a bit more boyish and a tad more submissive, but maybe that was just the hypnosis taking effect. (Do you think that might have been it?)

As for his body, it was slightly muscular but no where as impressive as Andy’s. That thought brought a pang of pain, and I quickly flushed the comparison from my mind. Chuck’s body looked fit and trim, as one might expect an RCMP constable’s body to be. Somehow, though, he looked better as he sat there slipping down deeper and deeper into hypnosis. I felt a wonderful stirring in my cock as I gazed upon Chuck sitting there, blinking while he continued to stare at his point on the wall.

I transferred my attention and eyes back on Chuck’s face. I relished the sight of Chuck now staring stupidly at the wall as his face and eyes became filled with a vacant and empty look to them. All he did was breath and blink, and even that seemed too much for him now. It tickled my fancy to see Chuck’s eyelids slowly slide down and close, despite his best efforts to keep them open. His eyelids would flutter as he tried to keep them propped open, but after a minute or so gravity would win out. His eyes would close and he would let out an audible sigh as he lost the battle again. His eyes would remain closed for only a few seconds though, before he would wrench them open again, so that he could stare at the wall. After a few more blinks of his eyes, the battle would be joined again.

“Eyelids getting so heavy now, Chuck,” I chuckled at him as he sat there slipping down further and further in to my power. (I know that was a really corny thing to think, but it was the truth, plain and simple.) “With each breath that you take, and with each blink of your eyes, your eyelids are getting more and more heavy. So heavy now, that they are starting to drag your head down as well. Yet, you desire nothing more than to keep staring at your spot on the wall. It feels so good to keep staring at the wall that you can’t stop now, even if you wanted to, which you don’t. Isn’t that right, Chuck? You want to keep staring at the wall, don’t you?”

“Yes....stare...at....wall,” Chuck responded slowly. It seemed that even thinking was becoming difficult for him.

“Yes, that’s right,” I encouraged him. “And you want to do that because the more you stare at the wall the deeper you go and the deeper you go, the better you feel. Isn’t that right, Chuck?”

“Yes,....stare...at....wall...go...deeper,” Chuck muttered quietly. His eyes closed once again, and his head dropped a couple of inches. He opened his eyes a few seconds later and struggled to pull his head up to where it had been before. It was slow, but he managed to do it. “So...good....so...relaxed....comfortable.....good.”

“Staring at the wall, is all that you can think about now, Chuck,” I instructed him. “It is so relaxing and wonderful to stare at the wall, that it is all that you can think about. In fact, you just HAVE to stare at the wall. You MUST stare at the wall, because it feels so GOOD. Isn’t that right, Chuck?”

“Yes....must....must...stare...at....wall,” Chuck agreed almost instantly. He let out a long slow deep sigh, as his eyes closed yet again, and his head dropped down. It went down a bit further this time I noted with glee. If Chuck could have seen the mischievous smile that was on my face he would have been shocked. Then again, so would anyone who knew me. It was the small kind of smile that said, “You’re finally going to get yours, and I’m going to give it to you.” It was a smile that was composed of nothing but revenge, pure and simple.

“Eyelids like lead. Head getting so very heavy, Chuck,” I told him. “And still your only desire is to stare at the wall, and listen to my voice. There is nothing else you can do. It is all that you can think about, because it helps you to go deeper.”

“Head....heavy,” Chuck muttered, and his head dipped almost immediately. His head bobbed up and down slightly as he struggled between the two conflicting suggestions, that his eyes and head were getting heavy, and that he had to keep looking at the wall. I sat back and enjoyed his struggle for a few minutes. It was most gratifying to see Chuck’s head bobbing up and down like a buoy in a rough sea, as the heaviness of Chuck’s eyelids and head continued to grow. I felt a wave of peace and calm flow over me as I sat there enjoying Chuck’s futile struggle. It made me feel better, I can’t deny it, to see Chuck caught in a web of my making.

“Is there a problem?” I heartlessly asked Chuck, when I knew full well the difficulty he was in.

“Yes,” Chuck whispered.

“Speak up, Chuck. I can’t hear you,” I said to him.

“Yes,” Chuck said with difficulty.

“The deeper you go, the easier it becomes to talk, Chuck,” I told him. “Now what were you saying?”

“I can’t keep my head up and my eyes open,” Chuck said clearly in a normal voice. (His head continued to bob up and down, and if I hadn’t been so excited by what this meant, I would have found it humorous.) “I want to keep staring at the wall, but it’s so hard to keep doing that. My eyes, they’re so heavy. And my head, it’s heavy too.”

“You poor little man,” I replied sarcastically. “You can’t seem to get out of this predicament, can you?”

“No...no I can’t,” he admitted, sheepishly. “Can...can you help? Can you help me?”

“I think so,” I taunted him. “But it’s going to cause you to let go even more, and go down ten times deeper than you are now. Are you sure you want that?”

Chuck gulped once or twice before he spoke. “Yes...I...I...want...it. Any....anything so that I can just rest. I’m so tired. My head is so heavy. Please? Help me, please?”

“All right, Chuck, I’ll help you,” I magnanimously agreed. (Okay, so I wasn’t exactly being unselfish about this. I wanted Chuck to go really deep, but I also wanted to at least sound like I was doing him a favor. It was sneaky, underhanded and I thoroughly enjoyed it.) “In a few moments I will place my fingers on your forehead and gently push down and back on your head. When I do that your torso will suddenly feel so heavy that you will gently topple back into the sofa and every muscle in your body will relax, as you let yourself go completely. You’ll feel an intense wave of pleasure and joy flow through your mind and body as you eyes can finally close completely, and you can rest your heavy, heavy head.”

“Oh yes, please,” Chuck whimpered in agreement. “Please do it.”

“When you are ready for me to place my fingers on your forehead, and push you over into a wonderfully deep submissive hypnotic trance, just let me know, Chuck,” I teased him. Sure it was unkind, but I really didn’t give a damn at the time. I was enjoying making Chuck beg me (in not so many words) to push him deeper in to my power. It was a most fulfilling form of revenge for what he had done to me a few days ago. I touched my right hand to the still heavily discolored right side of my face, as I remembered what I had endured at his hands.

I stood up and walked over to where Chuck was still sitting in the middle of the sofa. Chuck still had that vacant and empty look on his face, as his head continued to bob up and down, but now that expression was slowly changing. I let out a small sigh of satisfaction as I saw confusion and helplessness come to replace the vacant and dumb look that Chuck had been wearing for the past little while. Carefully I sat down on the sofa to Chuck’s left. (Since I was standing and facing Chuck at the time, this would to my perceptive have been to the right of Chuck.) I did not touch Chuck, I merely sat down next to him and waited. I waited for what I knew would come soon enough. I noticed that some beads of sweat that were starting to appear on Chuck’s brow. It wasn’t easy to see this, considering how much Chuck’s head continued to bob up and down.

Picture the situation if you can. An average looking (whatever the heck THAT means) man in an RCMP working uniform is sitting on the sofa, in your living room. He is positioned so that he is sitting about in the middle of the sofa. His arms are crossed in front of his chest, and his legs are slightly spread apart as he sits there staring at a point on the wall. He is not sitting up straight, but is slightly slouched and looks relaxed and comfortable, while he stares at a spot on the far wall. His eyes keep closing, and each time that they do, his head drops down. A few seconds later, this man’s head rises back up, his eyes open and he goes back to staring at some spot on the far wall. Then, about a minute later the cycle repeats. The expression on the man’s face runs from a dumb and vacant stare, to a look of helplessness and confusion. Can any self respecting gay hypnotist watch a sight like that, and not be turned on even a little bit? (Be honest now. You would be more than just a little bit turned on if you were in such a situation.) I certainly was. My cock had done more than stir; it was at half mast. I was torn away from my wondering as Chuck finally spoke out.

“Please, touch me now?” Chuck pleaded, after a few moments. “I....I want this so bad. Please? Please will you touch my forehead?”

That was what I had been waiting for. Chuck’s verbal request to have me push him into my power. (Yes, it was nothing more than me wanting to have my ego stroked, to have made Chuck ask for this. So sue me.) I waited until Chuck’s head had just come up from the most recently closing of his eyes, and then I struck.

My right hand darted out and pressed a couple of fingers firmly onto the center of Chuck’s forehead. At the same instance I barked out, “Deep Sleep!”

The result was as unexpected as it was swift. Instead of collapsing or relaxing, Chuck’s entire body stiffened like a board, and the expression on his face underwent a startling change. He became wide eyed with surprise and shock. I say shock because his mouth was hanging open like some slack jawed country bumpkin at his first state fair, while at the same time he took a sudden sharp intake of air. He sat up even more stiffly and pulled his legs close together. I was intrigued to say the least. I do so enjoy it when a subject surprises me. However, I was just a bit concerned too, since Chuck’s reaction was the exact opposite of what I had suggested to him, and it was much stronger than I had expected. My concern hung on when I gently pushed back on Chuck’s forehead and he slowly toppled back into the sofa. It was like watching a two by four being pushed over, or as if Chuck was a man made of wood. Chuck’s legs came up when he keeled over into the back of the sofa, which caused his shoes to rise up off the floor. Chuck’s body was so stiff that the ninety degree angle between Chuck’s torso and his legs was maintained, just as if he was a mannequin dressed up in an RCMP uniform.. It was kind of funny actually, but I restrained my mirth. This was not the time to be laughing at Chuck.

I looked at Chuck as he sat there on the sofa, stiff as an ironing board, and despite my less than brotherly love for the man, I felt my concern grow. I looked closely and noticed that he was still breathing, albeit shallowly. If he continued to keep his muscles as tense and stiff as they must now be, he would wind up hurting himself. I decided to wait for a minute or so before I took any action. Such a short delay would not cause Chuck any lasting harm, and it was rather enjoyable to see him sitting there like some type of frozen puppet. It took at least a minute before I noticed any change in Chuck.

It was subtle at first. He slowly closed his mouth as his breathing began to return to normal. The shocked and surprised look on his face slowly melted into an expression of peace and joy. His lips curved into a smile which slowly grew larger, and wider until his mouth was half open in a relaxed smile that suggested happiness or joyfulness. His eyes took on a far way look as if he was gazing at something in the distance. The expression lasted but a moment before his eyes rolled up so that mostly the whites of his eyes were showing. Next his head fell backwards into the back of the sofa as his neck muscles suddenly relaxed. Like water running over a dam, a wave of relaxation flowed down from Chuck’s head and neck. His entire back relaxed as he collapsed into the back of the sofa, and slouched down. His arms which until now had remained crossed in front of Chuck’s chest seemed to become somehow unstuck and flopped down to either side of his body, right next to his hips. His legs relaxed and dropped down softly into the seat cushion of the sofa, while his shoe clad feet thumped back down onto the living room floor. With the return of his legs and feet to their normal position, Chuck’s knees moved apart slowly and effortlessly. It was as if Chuck’s entire body had turned to a collection of rags. I gently reached over with my right hand and picked up Chuck’s left arm by the left wrist. I move it about, and it flopped and jiggled about as if it were made of jelly. There was no doubt about it. Chuck was very relaxed, physically at least. I gently returned Chuck’s left arm to where it had been and returned my attention to his face.

To my delight, I saw that Chuck’s head was now hanging down and off to his left, that is towards me. His eyes were closed and his face was painted with an expression that could only be called blissful. The smile on his face was so natural and relaxed, that it almost seemed a shame to interrupt him. He was at peace in a way that few people can really appreciate. Was he super hypnotized? Yes. Unquestionably. How did I know? Simple I touched his mind when I picked up his left arm by the wrist. (I bet you thought I was just checking to see if he was limp and relaxed.)

So there he was, sitting there slouched on my sofa, Constable Charles Chatterly. Not a care in the world. Looking so open, so exposed, so trusting, so vulnerable. I was surprised that I wasn’t drooling with delight.

“It’s so easy to talk now, isn’t it, Chuck?” I asked him after a few minutes of staring at him and wondering what I should do next. I decided to ‘wing it’ and see where the conversation lead.

“Yes,” he agreed without a second of hesitation. He spoke in a clear and normal voice bereft of any speaking impediments.

“Tell me how you feel right now, Chuck,” I prompted him. “And then tell me what you feel like doing.”

“Wonderful. Relaxed. Comfortable. At peace,” Chuck answered after a few seconds thought. “I want to keep feeling this way.” I waited a few moments, but Chuck did not continue speaking.

“Would you like to go even deeper and feel even better?” I asked him, knowing full well what his answer was going to be.

“Oh, yes, very much,” he promptly answered me. “Please, take me deeper.”

“All right then, Chuck,” I said as I got ready to deepen his level of trance, not that it was necessary. I could have taken full control of Chuck at any time before now, but I wanted to really enjoy his surrender to my powers, and to force him to acknowledge it. It would be yet another delicious piece of revenge pie for my bruised ego to dine upon.

“Picture in your mind, just imagine that you can see yourself standing before a deep bathhouse pool full of steaming and soothing water,” I said to him. “When you see yourself standing there, dressed in a bathing suit, just imagine how that water would feel on your skin and on your muscles. It would feel soothing and relaxing wouldn’t it, Chuck?”

“Yes, yes it would,” Chuck agreed. “I can see myself standing there. The water looks so inviting.....”

“Just follow along with me, as I lead you down the wide shallow steps into that wonderful warm water, Chuck,” I provoked him. " That water will help you to relax even more and allow you to go down deeper and deeper into hypnosis. When you are immersed so that the water covers your shoulders and the base of your neck you will be twenty times deeper in hypnosis than you are at this moment. Now you walk down the first step, and you can feel the warm water move up from the soles of your feet, and cover your toes and the tops of your feet. The water stops just at your ankles. It feels so good and you feel so much more relaxed and comfortable that you let out a long slow sigh of delight.”

Chuck sighed a heartfelt “Oh that’s so nice,” immediately after I finished speaking.

“It’s important for you realize that no matter how relaxed and comfortable you might feel, it will be impossible for your to topple, tip, slip, or slide down into the water, or to hurt yourself in any way. You know how to swim don’t you, Chuck?”

“Yes, I know how to swim,” Chuck answered. “I couldn’t have graduated from the Depot without passing my water safety and lifesaving course.”

I had suspected as much, but I wanted to confirm the fact with Chuck first. “Good, Chuck, so you take another step and now the wonderfully warm water is up to mid calf,” I said to him. I saw Chuck smile and nod in silent agreement. “Another step down deeper into the pool of hypnosis, and the water is up to your knees. So you take a few more steps and the water slowly moves up past your knees, your thighs, and your crotch. The water slowly moves up to cover your hips, buttocks and pelvis, until it is level with your waist. Your arms are hanging down at your sides and so the water covers them to about mid forearm. You stand there for a few seconds, to enjoy the sensation of going down deeper and deeper into hypnosis. Sighing and moaning as you let go more and more.”

I don’t know which were more frequent, Chuck’s moans or his sighs. In any case he was definitely going deeper into hypnosis.

“And now you discover that as much as you might want to take another step and go deeper into the wonderfully warm water, and feel yourself going deeper into hypnosis, you can’t seem to,” I informed him. “It seems strange to you, and it puzzles you for a second or two as you try to figure out what seems to be missing.”

Chuck furrowed his brow as he sat there totally relaxed, perplexed at his predicament.

“You can’t go any deeper, until I tell you to, Chuck,” I schooled him. “It doesn’t feel right for you to go deeper into the water and hypnosis unless I lead you there. After all I brought you here to this wonderful state, and it only makes sense that I would be the only one to take you even deeper and deeper. In fact, the more you try to take another step, to go even deeper, the more difficult it becomes.”

I looked down at Chuck’s legs as he sat there on the sofa. As expected I saw a slight twitching of Chuck’s legs, as in his mind he was trying to take that next step down into the water.

“But,” I continued quickly, since I didn’t want Chuck to dwell upon this too long and think up his own solution. “The moment you know and accept this as the simple truth that it is, you can then take a few more steps down into the pool until the water rises to the level your nipples. When the water is halfway between your elbows and your shoulders, you let out a very loud moan of pleasure. Then when you are ready to walk down even deeper so that the water just covers your shoulders and the base of your neck, you’ll let me know by asking me to let you do that.”

Chuck’s face relaxed and the confused expression on his face melted away, as he accepted my solution to his problem. The first threads of control had just been implanted in Chuck’s mind. It was totally superfluous to do this, since with my powers Chuck would do anything I told him, but that did not dampen the surge of merriment that coursed through me. I lived for moments like this, when the subject consciously acknowledges the control that the hypnotist has over him.

“Oh.........,” Chuck cried out euphorically, and his eyelids fluttered for a few moments as he slipped down deeper and deeper into hypnosis. It was such a marvelous sight to behold. My cock got pleasantly hard, but it wasn’t fully erect yet. (See? We were both enjoying ourselves, albeit in slightly different ways.) Chuck sat there breathing, but not saying anything for about a minute or so. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to repeat my instructions to him when he finally spoke again.

“Please, may I walk down deeper into the pool?” Chuck begged me.

“Certainly you may,” I replied. “Let me know when the water covers your shoulders and the base of your neck.”

“Thank you,” Chuck responded happily.

“The water is at the base of my neck, now,” he said a few seconds later.

“I’ll bet you feel better than you have in a very long time, don’t you Chuck?” I inquired.

“Oh...yes....yes indeed,” Chuck agreed readily.

“And twenty times deeper in hypnosis than before you started walking into the pool,” I reminded him. " So just sit there on the sofa and enjoy yourself.” While Chuck sat there lost in his pool of pleasure I stood up and walked over to the coffee table that was just in front of the sofa and Chuck. It took me only a half a minute to move the coffee table well off to the right side of the sofa. When I was sure that everything was ready I walked back to the sofa and sat down next to chuck on his left side, as before.

“Take a couple of deep breaths, Chuck, and relax even more,” I said to him. He complied, and melted down even more into the sofa, if that were possible. “You’ve been in that wonderfully warm hypnotic water letting your cares troubles and worries just melt and float away, haven’t you Chuck? And it feels so good, too, doesn’t it?”

“Yes, floating. No worries. Feels so good,” Chuck replied, and nodded his head slightly.

“Chuck, I’ve got wonderful news for you. Are you ready to hear it?” I asked him.

“Uh..huh,” Chuck answered as a smile touched his lips.

“You’ve been in that warm hypnotic water for so long now, that your will has melted away too, Chuck,” I said to him as I suddenly raised my voice. “In fact, right this second you’re taking a deep breath and holding it as you dive down into the water.” Chuck began to look confused as he started to take a deep breath.

“Dive down! Now!’ I yelled at him, not wanting to give him any time to think. “You can’t help yourself! Dive right off the sofa and into the much deeper pool of warm hypnotic water in front of you and swim! You will was like a rod of ice, that the warm hypnotic water has long since melted away. Eyes popping open as you dive and swim, and go deeper and deeper and deeper into hypnosis.”

Chuck staggered to his feet, blinking his eyes open with some difficulty as my commands took effect. He stood there only a few inches from me. I craned my head up to look at Chuck as he stood there swaying for a few seconds. His face seemed to alternated between acceptance and confusion, as he struggled to understand my orders, but slowly acceptance won the battle, and slowly his arms started to rise out in front of him. When they were nearly at chest height he drew his hands and arms towards each other so that his fingers and palms were pressing against one another. He was, with some obvious reluctance getting into a diving position. Even now he was still struggling against my power and suggestions, which made this session all the more enjoyable for me.

Knowing I didn’t have much time, I quickly diverted my attention away from Chuck’s arms and towards a much more interesting area of his body. As I raked my eyes across the frontal three quarter front profile of Chuck’s body, I gave only a courtesy glance to his chest and abdominal area. Sure they were okay, and his tie hung down nice and straight from his neck to just above the belt in his pants, but I was more interested in something much closer at hand. I stopped my gaze at his gun belt, and then slowly savored each second as I looked down at his pelvic area in a frontal three quarter profile. His uniform pants looked close fitting, but not snug by any means. I studied the fly of his pants and could not see any hint that he was at all sexually stimulated. (He was heterosexual after all, and one should not expect a reaction from every man.) Leisurely, I leaned back to my original sitting position. I was now looking at Chuck’s lower body as he stood there in profile, only inches from me. All I could see was the left side of his body; which was more than sufficient. He was standing so close to me that I could have leaned over and licked that golden stripe on his uniform pants with my tongue. His left buttock encased in those titillating uniform pants, was so tempting. Part of me wanted to reach out with both hands and just grab that buttock and squeeze it for all I was worth. I wanted to slip my hands in both the front and the hip pockets that were next to my face, and rummage around until I found something of interest (if you follow my meaning). I almost, almost, leaned back to get a close up view of Chuck’s entire uniform covered ass, but with Herculean effort I restrained myself. I’d be seeing those RCMP dunes soon enough.

The sudden twitching of Chuck’ gun belt shattered my musing about Chuck’s butt, and diverted my attention back to Chuck’s face and upper body. He exhaled with a loud swoosh, took a deep breath, and then held it as he half dove and half fell to his keens on the carpet directly in front of the sofa, with a very loud whomp. He quickly lowered himself to the ground so that his arms, elbows and head were all touching the carpet. My cock got even harder as I wallowed in the sight of Chuck down on his knees and bent over with his ass sticking up in the air. As I had hoped, his dark forest green uniform pants were wonderfully snug (okay tight) in that position, and the huge bulge of his wallet in his right hip pocket only added to the way the fabric of his pants were stretched tightly across his buttocks. With Chuck more or less in front of me, I had a full and fantastic view of his butt. How I wished I could have frozen that moment in time, or at least taken a picture of it. (As you might have guessed by now this is my all time favorite position to have a guy in. On his knees, arms out in front of him or by his sides and bent over with his ass sticking up and out in the air. Exquisite!)

I was too caught up in the heat of the moment to even think of commanding Chuck to freeze in that position. Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say. (Yet another bad pun.) So I was caught off guard when Chuck continued to slide forward and down as he ‘entered’ the ‘water’ in front of the sofa. In only a few moments he was lying flat down on his front and starting to ‘swim’ out across the living room carpet. He moved his arms out and to the side, then drew them up along his side while raising his head and chest up off the carpet. He drew his arms and hands in below his chest and then pushed them out to the side again. It took me only a few seconds to realize that Chuck was doing the breaststroke. I let him swim for minute or so before I decided to take any further action.

“Now you are reaching the far end of the pool where there is a set of low steps just like the ones that you used to walk into the pool,” I said to Chuck. “You find it easy to crawl out of the water on your hands and knees.”

It took Chuck only a few moments to climb back up to his hands and knees, and start crawling away from me. Oh, his butt looked so good as he crawled away that I felt my cock stiffen with joy.

“Freeze, Chuck,” I called out. Immediately, Chuck became a statue in mid crawl with his right hand up off the carpet, his left hand still flat on the floor, his right knee placed on the floor and his left knee raised up and to the front slightly as he got ready to move it forward. “You are no longer in the pool. You are now back in my apartment and aware of what you are doing, Chuck. You will now turn around and crawl over to where I am. You will stop when you are just in front of me, and await further orders.”

Chuck’s response was instantaneous, as I expected it to be. He spun around on his knees and crawled back towards me. He slowly lifted his head to look up at me as he crawled towards me. He wore an expression of peaceful bliss on his face as he got closer and closer to me. He stopped just in front of me. Close enough so that his head was just in front of my knees. I could have easily reached over and patted his head if I wanted to. I looked at him, an RCMP constable in uniform, perched there on his hands and knees in front of me with a somewhat stupid smile on his face, and a vacant look in his eyes. Delicious and delightful do not begin to describe how I felt at that moment. Hot, horny and as excited as hell, are a bit more accurate.

“How do you feel, Chuck?” I asked him.

“Wonderful, better than I ever have before,” he answered quietly as he continued to look up at me.

“Do you know why that is, Chuck?” I asked him.

“Because you hypnotized me,” he answered me.

“Yes, that is true,” I admitted to him. “But also because I have taken you so deep that you no longer have any will power left. In fact, right now if you tried to stand up, you’d find that you’d be unable to do so. In fact the harder you try, the more difficult it becomes, Chuck. You are so deep into my hypnotic power now that you can’t resist any command or suggestion I give you, no matter what it is. All that you want to do is to stay in this wonderful state or to go even deeper if I will let you. When you realize that simple truth to be a fact, a wave of intense sexual pleasure will course through your body and you will shudder with delight, for a minute or so.” I didn’t need to reinforce these suggestions with my powers. Chuck was so far gone now that his mind was completely open to me. (Yes!) But it wasn’t enough. I wanted more from him. I wanted more signs of submission and surrender. My thirst for revenge demanded it.

Chuck didn’t even try to stand up. He just remained there on his hands and knees in front of me as the suggestions took hold. In about three seconds flat his entire body started to shudder. He moaned out loud softly several times as his eyes snapped shut, while he gave himself over to the sexual pleasure that I’d promised him. After a few minutes the shudders ceased and he opened his eyes to look up at me with what could only be called adoration. He didn’t say anything. He just looked at me, waiting for me to speak.

“Chuck, your will is gone.” I asked him.

“Yes. My will is gone,” he agreed readily, and calmly.

“You will do anything and everything that I tell you to do, because you have no choice. You must obey me. Totally. Completely. Willingly.” I instructed him.

The last few dregs of Chuck’s resistance flowed away and out of his mind, as these final commands of mine took effect. “Yes. I will do anything and everything that you tell me to. I must obey you. Yes,” Chuck repeated in a slightly monotone voice as his surrender became complete. I smiled at him, leaned over and patted him on his head.

“Good boy, Chuck,” I said to him as I patted him gently. “You’re such a good boy, aren’t you?”

Chuck nodded his head eagerly in agreement. “Oh, yessssssss”, he hissed in pleasure.

“Yes, what?” I prompted him.

“Yes, sir?” He asked unsure if the response was correct.

“That is the correct way to address me, Chuck,” I assured him. “Well done.”

“Yes, SIR!” Chuck barked out and a huge grin broke out on his face. His joy was in knowing that he had pleased me, in some small way.

“Do you want to be my boy, Chuck? Do you want to serve and obey me?” I taunted him.

“Oh yes, SIR! More than anything, SIR!” Chuck assured me. “Please, please can I be your boy, SIR?” He pleaded.

“Chuck, you’re an RCMP constable, and you are on your hands and knees asking to be my boy. Do you think that this is the right thing for you to be doing?” I teased him. I knew that he would have to rationalize his behavior in his own mind. In doing so, he would have to admit to himself as well as me, just how much control I had over him. My cock was even harder now as I waited for Chuck’s answer.

Chuck thought about it for a minute or so, before he answered. “Well, Sir, ordinarily no, I would not do this, nor would any other RCMP constable,” Chuck answered slowly. “But, you’re different, sir.” Chuck did not elaborate.

“What do you mean, exactly, BOY?” I asked him. I was intrigued at what his reasoning might be.

Chuck’s eyes lit up at my calling him ‘boy’, and he sighed with ecstasy as a shudder ran through his body. He gulped once before he answered. “You hypnotized me, sir. You made me yours. I’m, well, I’m your boy, sir. If you want me on my hands and knees in front of you, it’s only right, sir. I would even....uhm....pee my pants if you told me to, sir. Really, I would, sir.” Chuck blushed bright red after speaking the last sentence. The idea clearly embarrassed him, but he’d found the courage to say it to me, nevertheless.

“I see,” I said thoughtfully. I smiled at Chuck, and he beamed back at me. Pleased that he had pleased me. His capitulation was complete. I drank deeply of the heady wine of domination that flowed through my mind and caused my cock to finally become rock hard. Chuck was mine. Completely. No question or doubt remained. All that remained was my wonderfully hard cock and the satisfied smirk that I wore on my face.

“I have something special for you, Chuck. Would you like to have it?” I asked him quietly.

“Oh yes, SIR! I would indeed, SIR!” Chuck barked out at me, eager for anything that I might wish to bestow upon him.

“Sit up and beg for it, like a good boy,” I enticed him.

Chuck immediately sat back on his heels and brought his arms and hands up to his chest. He curled his hands down at the wrist so that he was in a begging position, just like a dog would be. He looked up at me with open and trusting expression on his face, smiling and waiting patiently for his special something, whatever it might be.

I smiled at Chuck for a moment or two, keeping my eyes locked on his. Then I gave it to him. As quickly as I could I drew back my right arm and slapped Chuck across the left side of his face with my right hand, as hard as I could. Before the shock could begin to register on Chuck’s face, I drew back my left arm and slapped Chuck across the right side of his face with my left hand. Once again, I put as much muscle behind the blow as I could. In the few heartbeats it had taken for those blows to be landed on Chuck’s face, I had let the rage and anger I felt at Chuck finally crack the mask of peace and calm that I had kept pasted on my face all evening. The blows felt good, but at the same time, I felt my erection slipping away. For the first time that I could remember, I didn’t care about that. Giving in to my anger and repressed rage at Chuck seemed more satisfying to me than the hypnotic induction of Chuck had been.

Chuck eyes went wide with surprise as he slowly placed his hands on his reddened cheeks. His mouth dropped open in shock and disbelief. He did not try to move away from me, though. He might not know why I had hit him, but he knew that he had no choice but to accept it. Deep down in the core of his being, he knew and accepted that he was mine, to do with as I wished.

“That was payback for what you did to me when you had me tied up,” I said to him in answer to his unasked question. ( My voice was so cold that I’m surprised the heating didn’t turn on.) “Be thankful that I decided to stop at two slaps.”

“Yes, sir,” he whispered at me, his eyes downcast. Whatever joy Chuck had felt at serving me had completely disappeared. His hands were now hanging down by his sides as he sat there slumped with rounded shoulders. Slowly he raised his head to look at me. He didn’t say anything more. He just looked at me mournfully. Slowly I noticed a wetness build in his eyes. He started to blink more and more frequently and then the tears stared. Quietly, and unashamedly, Chuck began to cry. Slowly at first, the tears started to roll down his still slightly reddened cheeks. Then as the minutes passed the tears appears more quickly. He didn’t sob openly, he just cried, quietly.

“Knock off the waterworks, Chuck,” I said sharply, not attempting to hide my disgust with him. “I didn’t hit you that hard. If you want something to cry about I’ll be MORE than happy to give it to you.”

“Yes, sir,” Chuck squeaked, as he sniffled back a sob, still keeping his eyes downcast. “I’m not crying because of you hitting me, sir. I’m crying because of the other day, when I hit you sir. I remember all that I did to you sir, and I am ashamed of myself. I’m not worthy to be your boy, sir. I know that you didn’t believe me before, when I said I was sorry, sir. I have no reason to think that you’ll believe me now, sir. For what it is worth sir, I truly am sorry for what happened the other night. I know that doesn’t make it any better, sir. I’m not asking you not to punish me, sir. I know I should be punished. I know that I deserve whatever punishment you decide on, but I wanted you to know that I am sincerely sorry, sir.”

I was surprised at Chuck’s little speech. It wasn’t the content, but the length of it that surprised me. The regret he was now feeling about last Monday night’s events was more likely a side effect of my control over Chuck, than any genuine feelings on his part. Either that, or he was lying in an attempt to play on my sympathies. There was a simple enough way to settle that matter.

“Chuck, you wouldn’t lie to me now, would you?” I asked him.

“No, SIR!” Chuck cried out in anguish, seemingly shocked at such a suggestion from me. He jerked his head up and looked me directly in the eyes as he continued speaking. “I would NEVER lie to you, SIR!”

It took me but a few heartbeats to focus my attention and powers on Chuck’s mind and sent into his open mind a few simple commands. “Chuck you cannot lie to me. Tell me the truth when I ask you a question.” I waited a few seconds for the commands to take effect before I spoke to him. Chuck might SAY that he wouldn’t lie to me, but I wanted to be absolutely sure. I trusted my powers more than I trusted Chuck’s integrity, even if he was an RCMP constable.

“On your honor as an RCMP constable then, tell me truthfully now, do you really regret what you did to me last Monday afternoon?” I asked.

Chuck didn’t even bat an eye as he looked me right in the eyes and replied. “Yes sir, I do! On my honor as an RCMP constable, I most humbly regret the assault I perpetrated upon your person last Monday afternoon.”

I looked at him for a moment or two before I responded. “All right. I believe you, Chuck. So what do you think should be done now?”

Chuck kept his gaze steady and his voice calm as he answered my question. “I should be punished, sir. I MUST be punished, sir. With your permission, sir, may I offer a suggestion?”

“Go ahead,” I answered, wondering what Chuck had in mind.

“Please, sir, if you wouldn’t mind sitting in the center of the sofa?” Chuck asked me as he slowly climbed up out of his kneeling position to stand up on his feet. I acquiesced to his request as I continued to wonder what plan it was that he had hatched in that little RCMP mind of his.

“Thank you, sir,” Chuck said as I settled myself in my new position on the sofa. Without any further words to me, Chuck bent over and untied his shoes. He quickly slipped off his shoes, picked them up and moved them off to the right somewhere. Chuck slowly stood back up and looked down at me, a touch of sadness on his face, though the tears had stopped rolling down his cheeks. He took a deep breath and let it out in a long deep sigh as if he were steeling himself to do something that he didn’t want to do, but that he knew had to be done. Chuck moved his hands to his waist and slowly undid the buckle on his gun belt. Carefully he removed the gun belt, bent over and placed it on the coffee table. There wasn’t anything even remotely sexually suggestive in the action. Chuck stood back up and moved his hands to the belt of his uniform pants. He undid the belt of his pants, reached down and quietly unzipped the fly of his uniform pants. He did not pause at all as his hands moved on to undo his uniform pants. Chuck placed his hands on either side of the waistband of his uniform pants and pushed them down over his hips. Once past his hips, gravity took over and pulled his pants down around his ankles. Calmly, as if he were back at the police station changing in the locker room instead of here in my apartment standing in front of me, Chuck stepped out of his pants, completely ignoring them. He stood there in his boxer shorts and socks facing me. His face remained expressionless as his hands came up to the sides of his boxers and grabbed them firmly. He paused only long enough for a small sigh to escape his lips before he thrust his boxers down and off of his body. As soon as they hit the floor, he stepped out of them, appearing to be totally disinterested in what he was doing. I raised an eyebrow in suppressed surprise as I waited to see what he would do next. In the meantime I took a good long look at his cock. It was unremarkable and uncut. It wasn’t especially thick or long. It was flaccid which confirmed a definite lack of sexual simulation of Chuck. I could only guess at how much larger Chuck’s penis might become were he to be come excited. I did notice thought that he was very hairy. Bushy would have been a better description. The hairs were thick, dark and plentiful. The inspection concluded, at least for the moment, I lifted my head up to look at Chuck’s face and see what he had planned next.

Chuck stood there in his stocking feet nude from the waist down to his ankles, facing me. His expression wasn’t dull or vacant, more like resigned, with just a touch of sadness. It was mildly amusing to note that Chuck’s tie now stopped just above the dark thick patch of his pubic hair. It was as if his tie was pointing out where Chuck’s penis was located. (Like I needed a road sign?) Chuck suddenly started walking towards me, which intruded on my train of thought, and snapped my full attention back to him. He walked over to where I sat and started to climb on to the sofa, careful not to climb on me in the process. It did not require much time for him to position himself so that he was laying across the sofa, and across my lap with his feet off to my left and his head off to my right.

“My ass is yours, sir,” Chuck said quietly, with that same perfect calmness in his voice. “Do with me as you will, sir. Punish me as you see fit, sir.” Chuck lay there on top of me, his head resting in his folded arms, looking off to his left, away from me. I was somewhat stunned, but I quickly recovered my senses and took stock of the situation.

Chuck’s bare ass was draped across my lap. His was a beautiful ass, it was a true bubble butt that usually made my cock rock hard. It failed to have that effect this time though. Chuck was mine to do with as I wanted. I looked that those sexy and slightly hairy cheeks of his. Curiosity got the better of me and I gently pried his buttocks apart to get a good look at his butt hole. Chuck whimpered softly at the touch of my fingers prying his buttocks apart. I chose to ignore him. His butt hole was pink and looked very tight. A virgin anus if ever I saw one. (Well, Chuck was heterosexual so it was a forgone conclusion that his butt hole would be virgin territory.). I thought about how much pain I had suffered at his hands. I thought about how hollow and empty I felt inside right now, not having Andy around anymore. My dear sweet beloved Andy was gone, and the man responsible was lying draped across my lap, with his bare naked ass directly in front of me. He was willing to let me punish him in any way that I wanted to. I thought about my hurt and pain for a moment, and my rage and anger flooded up again. I let go of his buttocks and then smacked my right hand down hard across both of his buttocks.

“I’m sorry, sir!” Chuck cried out. “Please slap my ass again, sir! I deserve it, sir!”

I obliged him. I slapped his ass, his big hairy and beautiful bubble butt over and over and over, until my hand started to hurt. Ten times? Twenty? I have no idea how many times I slapped him. I only stopped when my hand started to sting. Only then did I notice that both of Chuck’s buttocks were red. I looked at that red and probably sore ass lying there in front of me, and thought of how it would feel to do a little drilling on that virgin property, if you catch my meaning. The thought was appealing, but not as exciting as I hoped it would be. It barely got my cock to stir. Something didn’t seem to feel right, somehow. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but something was definitely wrong. I had long since learned to trust my instincts in matters like this, and I let my mind wander as I tried to determine what it was that felt so wrong. It was while I sat there thinking things over, that the soft muffled sound of weeping reached my ears. I didn’t have to be a police detective to guess the source.

“Are you in pain, Chuck?” I asked the man lying draped across my lap.

“Only a little, sir,” Chuck answered. “You didn’t hurt me much.”

“Then why the crying?” I asked more puzzled than concerned. I didn’t think that a few slaps on his bottom would reduce Chuck to tears. There had to be something more to it.

“I’m scared, sir,” Chuck answered between sobs.

“Of what, exactly?” I asked, determined to find out what was behind all this.

“Of you, sir,” Chuck replied in a very mousy and quiet voice. “I’m afraid that you’re going to...uhm...use me, and that I might get AIDS from you, sir.” Chuck twisted about on his right side as he turned his head to his left in order to look up at me. His eyes were red, and his face had fear, no terror, written all over it. His eyes were wide with it. His lips trembled with it. He was scared down to his bones, and at the same time he was not offering me even an ounce of resistance.

I looked at his face, and read the terror there. Open. Plain. All consuming. I was thunderstruck. He looked at me and waited, wondering what I would do. I looked back at him unable to speak. Slowly the facts started to penetrate the red fog of anger, hurt and pain that had been clouding my mind as I had been slapping Chuck’s ass. Slowly, like a diver rising to the surface after a long deep dive and having to take decompression stops along the way, I struggled out of the ocean of madness that I had been floundering in.

Chuck wasn’t to blame. He may have triggered the breakup between Andy and me, but he wasn’t the reason behind it. My powers were the reason for the breakup. It was a very bitter pill to swallow, and it hurt going down. My powers had cost me Andy. It was so God damn unfair! It wasn’t right! I’d always been careful with my powers and how I used them! Why should I have to lose Andy because of my powers? It just wasn’t fair! I felt like I wanted to hit someone and keep on hitting them until they hurt as much as I did! Christ Almighty! That is what I had been doing to Chuck! My lips trembled as the realization of the true reason behind my actions with Chuck came to light. The slapping across the face and the spanking I could live with, but not this. I had been about to rape Chuck. There was no other word for it. It would have been the same as if I had drugged Chuck, undressed him and then tied him up. It was the act of a cruel and unthinking animal. My face suddenly burned red with shame as I came to understand just how close I had come to actually using a man, an innocent man, as a toy. I closed my eyes with the pain that suddenly stabbed through my soul.

I started to shudder as the full scope of my actions impacted on my mind. Chuck had come here and offered himself as my willing subject, to prove to me that he had changed how he felt about me. What had I done with that? I had tricked him, and turned him into my willing boy toy, who wouldn’t question or object to anything that I did to him. Talk about a lack of morals or ethics! I said a brief but heartfelt prayer of thanks to God for pulling me back from the brink of that cliff. I wasn’t sure exactly what had stopped me or caused me to ask Chuck why he was crying, but whatever it was I was truly thankful for it. (Maybe it was that safety net that Mary was always telling me about. I decided to shelf that thought for the time being. I had other things to take care of at the moment.)

I kept my eyes closed and concentrated on breathing as I struggled to bring myself back under control. Slowly I succeeded. Okay, so I had lost Andy, but that was no reason to punish Chuck. Two more thoughts seared through my brain, filling me with mortification. Chuck was Andy’s best friend. More importantly though, Chuck was an RCMP constable, too, just like Andy. What right did I, (or anyone else for that matter) have to humiliate and dehumanize a man who put his life at risk for me and the rest of society? This was a man that I should have treated with respect, despite what he had done to me. He was a human being just like me, with his own faults and weaknesses. But any man who risks his life every day deserved my compassion and consideration at the very least. I was suddenly so ashamed of myself that all I wanted to do was to crawl away and hide under a rock. He had been (and hopefully still was) Andy’s closest friend. How could I have treated someone whom Andy cared about, such as I had? Again I sent a silent and short prayer of thanks to God for bringing me to my senses before it was too late, before I had gone too far. I might not like Chuck, but I had no right, I finally realized in the cold harsh light of truth, to have treated him the way I had. I knew what I had to do. I took a deep breath before talking to Chuck.

“I am not going to rape you, Chuck,” I said as I opened my eyes and looked at him. The relief on his face was as intense as the terror had been. He tentatively smiled at me, but did not say anything. He seemed to sense that I wasn’t finished talking to him. “I want you to get dressed now, and then go out into the kitchen and make me a cup of tea. I take one sugar and a few drops of lemon in my tea. Bring the tea to me here in the living room. I’ll be sitting here on the sofa. You can then sit in the swivel rocking chair and relax until I tell you what to do next.”

“Yes, sir. Right away, sir,” Chuck replied as he climbed up and off of me. He walked over to where his boxer shorts were, bent down and picked them up. I stood up and walked out of the living room, heading for the bathroom. Usually I enjoyed the sight of a good looking man getting dressed, but I was in no mood for something like that right now. I needed to wash my face and hands. It wouldn’t remove the stink of what I had nearly done from my memory, but I knew that it would make me feel a bit better.

The trip to the bathroom was short. I closed and locked the door when I was inside. I won’t bore you with the mundane details of filling a sink with water and washing your face and hands. I think you can figure out what that process is like for yourself. I washed my face, neck and hands. It was refreshing and by the time I was finished I felt I was ready to face what still had to be done, as far as Chuck was concerned.

I unlocked the bathroom door and opened it. I took a deep breath, and let it out in a long slow relaxing exhale. Feeling a bit more like my normal self, I crossed the threshold and headed back into the living room. The trip back to the sofa was short and simple. I noticed that Chuck was dressed again, and was sitting in the swivel rocking chair as ordered. The cup of tea I had asked for (okay ordered) was exactly where it should be, in the middle of the coffee table. Chuck had also thoughtfully repositioned the coffee table so that it was once again in front of the sofa. I walked around the coffee table and sat down on the end of the sofa closest to Chuck. He looked a bit surprised and started to get up until he saw me reach over for the cup of tea sitting on the coffee table. I picked up the cup and saucer, and slowly brought the cup to my lips. The tea had cooled enough to drink. I took a small sip and smiled in pleasure. I looked over at Chuck. He beamed back his joy as he saw me smile. He could tell that I was pleased with the cup of tea, and that made him happy. I placed the cup and saucer down on the coffee table, directly in front of me. Then I looked over at Chuck being sure that I had full eye contact with him.

“Listen carefully to what I am about to tell you, Chuck. I want to be sure that you understand exactly what I am saying to you,” I said to him. I let the smile fall from my face, to be replaced by an expression of seriousness.

“Yes, sir. I am paying close attention, sir,” Chuck replied.

“Chuck, I am going to count from one to five. At the count of five, you will be your normal self again. I will no longer have any control over you, nor will you feel compelled to obey me or to please me. You will be just as you were before I started to hypnotize you this evening. You will remember everything that happened tonight in full and complete detail. However, you will be unable to physically assault me, either directly or by whatever form of proxy. Do you understand?” I waited for his reply.

“Yes, sir, I understand your instructions, " Chuck replied solemnly. “I don’t understand why you are doing this, sir. Did I displease you in some way? I only want to please you, and to obey you, sir.” The crestfallen expression on Chuck’s face after he finished talking was like that of a puppy who had just been hit with a rolled up newspaper, and didn’t know why.

“One. Two. Three. Four. Five,” I said as I ignored his question. I only wanted to get him out of my apartment and to end this hellish evening. I would have to deal with my own guilt and demons from this evening, after Chuck left. I just wanted him gone. I looked at Chuck and waited for his reaction. My one minor consolation to myself was that I had never gotten around to implanting a post hypnotic suggestion in Chuck’s mind to trigger a return to the hypnotic trance. If I were to hypnotize him again, I’d have to start over from scratch. But, since that would take all of maybe two seconds, it wasn’t much of a consolation at all.

Chuck awoke with a start and looked over at me, an expression of pure bewilderment glued on his face. To my amazement, he didn’t say anything. He just sat there quietly, looking at me. I guessed that he was going over the events of the evening in his mind, and trying to come to a decision as to how he felt about them. Slowly the bewilderment left his face to replaced by an expression of calm acceptance. Chuck placed his hands in his lap, but he still didn’t say anything. He continued to sit there calmly just looking at me. It was eerie, and a bit disturbing too. I had expected him to yell and rant at me, to call me every name in the book, maybe even to physically threaten me. I certainly did not expect him to shrug his shoulders and to see his lips curve into a half smile as he continued his silent treatment of me. It had been only a few minutes, but I’d had enough. I decided to break the ice, if only to tell Chuck to leave.

“I’m sorry, Chuck,” I said to him in a hushed but clear voice. “Now if you would be kind enough to leave, I would be grateful.”

“Why?” Chuck asked. “Why should I leave?”

“After what just happened here tonight, you can’t possibly want to be around me,” I offered in explanation. “No one in their right mind would want to be around me. Not to put too fine a point on it, your presence here is making me uncomfortable, so it would be easier on me if you would collect your hat and coat, and leave.”

“Let’s leave the question of my sanity, aside for the moment, shall we?” Chuck responded, in that almost maddening calm voice of his. “I admit that I’m surprised at what happened tonight, but all in all, I’m not angry with you, nor even upset. I’m amazed at the depth of your control over me, but that’s all, really.”

“After what I nearly did to you, how can you say that?” I demanded of him, perplexed beyond belief. “I came this close to raping you!” I exclaimed holding up my right hand with the thumb and index finger a hair’s breath apart. I was outraged at his casual attitude of the night’s events. It just did not make any sense to me.

“But you didn’t go through with it, Paul,” Chuck answered back at me, as calm as ever. “You pulled in your horns at the last minute and backed off. You didn’t give in to what you most wanted to do. You let your compassion and caring nature, your concern for another human being stop you, as I knew it would.”

“How? How could you possibly have known that would happen?” I yelled at him, as my control started to slip away. “I didn’t even know it!”

“Simple. Andy told me that is what you would do,” Chuck answered as if this should have been obvious to me. “Andy knows you, and your heart. I trusted Andy, just as I trust you, now.”

“How can you say that!!!” I screamed at him as the last shreds of my self control slipped away. “After all this? How can you? How????” It was too much. Losing Andy, and the night’s events with Chuck. It was just too much. I stared at Chuck and I lost it. I buried my head in my hands in confusion and despair, as I sat there on the sofa. It was too much to deal with or to try to understand. My pent up emotions of anguish, loss, hurt and profound shame flooded through me. I gave in. I started to cry, hot, hurtful, painful and bitter tears. I didn’t care any more if Chuck was in the room. All I knew was that his mention of Andy had torn away the thin scab covering my broken heart, and all the pains of hell were coursing through my mind, heart and soul, yet again. To put it less kindly, I broke down like a blubbering baby and cried my eyes out. But I didn’t give a royal rat’s ass. All I knew was that I was hurting, and crying those tears were the only balm that I knew of which might soften the pain. When I felt Chuck put his arm across my shoulders to offer me comfort, I roughly shoved it aside, without bothering to even look up. The last thing in the world I wanted was comfort from someone who reminded me of Andy. That only made the hurt deeper, sharper and more gut wrenching.

No one can cry forever. Not even me. Eventually my tears stopped as did my bawling. Slowly I gained control of myself, and wiped away the few tears on my cheeks with the back of my hands as I looked up at Chuck, who had returned to sitting in the swivel rocking chair. I swallowed hard and tried to gain enough control over myself to speak to him. Suddenly I felt a soft tender kiss on the back of my neck, in the exact spot that Andy always liked to kiss me! I was looking directly at Chuck at that instant of time, so I knew it couldn’t be him! Someone else had to be in the room, and that person was standing behind me! (Yup, there it was again. Clear evidence of my razor sharp intellect. I was really good at picking up the obvious all right.) I whipped my head around at breakneck speed to find out who it was, my heart suddenly racing with fear, while my mind was racing with curiosity.

It was Andy! My beloved Andy! Standing there! Looking down at me! He was smiling that wonderful sexy smile of his at me! I froze in place, like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I looked at Andy, wiping my eyes several times to be sure I wasn’t seeing things.

It sure as hell looked like Andy. He was wearing those light blue skin tight jeans that I always enjoyed seeing him in, along with a white short sleeve knit golf shirt. I guessed that the shirt would be short sleeve, but I couldn’t be sure as Andy was wearing a black raincoat as well. I glanced down to see a pair of nondescript and faded white sneakers on his feet. As I directed my attention back at Andy’s face, I noticed that he was not wearing a belt in his jeans. Small wonder, those jeans as I remembered them, were so tight on him that a belt was totally uncalled-for. I studied Andy’s all too familiar face as I tried to think of what to say. He was smiling that special smile of his at me, but at the same time there were tears slowly rolling down both of his cheeks. Tears of happiness or sadness I could not be sure. The expression on his face was a combination of regret, remorse and hope. It only added to the confusion of the situation

“How? How did you get in here?” I asked after my tongue became unglued from the roof of my mouth. “What do you want? Why are you here?” My heart was starting to sing at the sight of Andy, fortunately though, my head was in charge. I knew that there had to more to this than Andy just appearing all of a sudden. I might have been in love with him, but I wasn’t an idiot, or a fool.

“I made a copy in case I lost mine,” Andy said as he held up a key for me to see. It had to be a copy of the key to my apartment that I had given Andy a month or so ago, and which he had dropped on the carpet the other night. Okay, so that answered the ‘how’, but that still left the ‘what’ and ‘why’ to be answered. I held my tongue, and waited to hear Andy’s explanation.

“Paul, I know you’re confused right now, and for that I am sorry, but all of this was necessary,” Andy said to me as he stood there a few feet (and several light years) away from me. Andy paused to slip the key back in to the front pocket of his jeans before he continued speaking. “After you showed me your powers on Monday, and what they could do, I had to know. I had to be sure that I was right about you. I’m sorry but I had to test you. I had to know that you would still be able to keep that promise you made to me. I had to know that even with your fantastic powers of mental control, you could stop yourself in time. Forgive me please, but I had to know beyond all doubt that you would be able to resist the temptation, and remain faithful to me.”

I sat there looking up at Andy and tried to comprehend what he was saying to me. It was difficult to understand the words at first but gradually the meaning penetrated my mind. “A test?” I asked weakly. “This was some kind of test?”

“Yes, exactly,” Andy answered with a sad sigh.

“You were testing me? You were testing me?” I asked again, my voice a bit stronger. I couldn’t seem to get beyond that aspect of what Andy was telling me. Then the true meaning of what ‘testing me’ finally dawned on me. It ignited my temper as the indignation and hurt flared up to feed the fire of my anger at Andy. I screamed out a series of questions at Andy like bullets from a machine gun. “What were you testing? My honesty? My loyalty? To you? My integrity? How could you? Don’t you believe what I told you? How could you love me and not trust me?” I had run out of breath, and questions so I just glared at Andy waiting for a response from him. The knowledge that Andy had been testing me was like an arrow through my heart. I didn’t think I could have been hurt any more, but I was wrong. This was a new and different pain. It was as if I didn’t know Andy any more. I could not believe this of him.

‘Paul,” Andy said as he looked me directly in the eye not backing down an inch. “If you ever loved me, please listen. Isn’t all that we have shared together worth that much at least? All I ask of you is that you listen to me, as I explain what this whole evening was about and why it was necessary.”

“All right, I’ll listen,” I said to him, the steam still coming from my ears. “But this had better be one hell of a good story!” I owed Andy that much for the incredibly wonderful times we had enjoyed over the past four months. I shoved aside my hurt and anger as much as I could and prepared myself to listen to Andy. It was not at all easy. I had to try to shut out the pain, hurt and anger I felt for Andy, and try to listen to him with an open mind. I did my best to do as he asked, which is all anyone could have expected from me.

“Thank you, Paul,” Andy replied as he walked around the sofa. A few moments later he was standing just in front of the coffee table, looking down at me. He licked his lips nervously before he began his story.

“Paul before I knew that you had these powers of yours, the promise I asked of you seemed reasonable,” Andy said. “I knew that you liked to hypnotize guys, and it didn’t seem unreasonable to ask you to refrain from sex with these subjects of yours. Things changed though, when you told me about the extent of your powers. I thought long and hard about it, in between fights with Chuck, and I came to the realization that with your mental powers you could easily circumvent the promise you made to me, and I would never know about it. After all you could have sex with your subjects and remove all trace of the event from their minds. I would never know.”

“I knew that I could not live with a doubt like that hanging over my head like the sword of Damocles,” Andy continued. “I knew that I had to find out if you could resist the desire to use your powers to take advantage of someone. The logical test subject was Chuck. I suspected that on an emotional level you probably blamed Chuck for our break up. I figured that if you could resist the temptation to take revenge on Chuck with your powers, then you would be able to keep your promise to me. My heart told me that you could do that, but I had to be absolutely sure. You have great power, Paul. And power corrupts. I am sorry, but I had to know. I had to be sure.”

“I know everything that happened tonight,” Andy said after a brief pause. “I saw and heard everything.”

“You what? How in the hell?!” I asked flabbergasted.

“Chuck would you mind?” Andy asked as he turned his head to look at Chuck. I followed and watched as Chuck stood up and walked over to the bookcase. After a few moments of doing something which I couldn’t see since Chuck’ back was to me, he turned around.

“This is a video camera with a wide angle lens and an omni-directional and very sensitive microphone,” he said as he held out a long narrow box shaped object. “I planted it in the bookcase earlier, when you were making coffee in the kitchen. Andy is carrying the receiver. He saw and heard everything. The entire induction, and everything that you did and did not do to me.” He fiddled with the device for a second. " It’s off now.” Chuck walked back to the swivel rocking chair and sat down.

“Yes, I bugged your apartment. Yes, I spied on you,” Andy admitted to me as I turned my head back to look at him, my eyes wide with surprise and shock. “I did not make a tape though, and the signal was encrypted.”

Andy bowed his head after he stopped speaking. I looked at him, but I didn’t say anything. I was too shocked to say anything. On one level I understood what Andy had done and why, but on another level I was still hurting from pain of Andy’s doubt of me. I also felt slightly violated at having my privacy invaded. (The irony of feeling violated was not lost on me. I had nearly done that to Chuck, after all.) The fact that he had not make a copy of the night’s events was of small consolation to me.

“I love you, Paul, with all my heart and soul, I do,” Andy said as he raised his head up and looked me in the eyes. His lips started to tremble and he voice shook as he continued talking, “I have no right to ask you this, after all I’ve done, but I’ll ask anyway. Can you forgive me? Do you want to take me back?”

“What about Chuck?” I asked him, as I attempted to change the subject. I wasn’t ready to answer Andy’s questions just yet. I was still trying to deal with what he had told me. “What about the risk he undertook tonight? What if I had not been able to control myself? Did you ever think of that? Chuck is supposed to be your best friend. How could you risk him, your best friend, like that?”

“The test was my idea, Paul, as was the video equipment,” Chuck said before Andy could reply. I snapped my head over to look at Chuck in surprise. “I knew that you needed proof that I had changed how I feel about you and Andy. As for Andy, he needed proof that you could keep your promise to him. I knew that if you could control yourself with me, then you’d be okay. I’ve put my life on the line for Andy before. This was no different.”

I closed my eyes in pain after Chuck finished speaking, and took a few calming breaths. “It was very, very different, Chuck,” I said to him as I opened my eyes and looked at him. “I could have destroyed your mind and your life tonight.”

“But you didn’t,” Chuck told me. “Your basic nature wouldn’t let you. I saw your face when you realized what you were about to do to me. Police constables learn how to judge people and their basic personalities. You’re not a killer. You’ll defend yourself, but you won’t hurt someone if there is any other option open to you. You have a kind, caring and compassionate heart, Paul. I know that, even if you don’t.”

“Maybe,” I agreed doubtfully. “But how do I live with tonight’s events? How do I live with myself?” I asked Chuck, as I turned and looked him directly in the eyes. I wanted to believe what he said he saw in me, but I couldn’t make that leap of faith. I turned my head and looked at Andy. “How do you live with yourself, Andy, after what you’ve done? How can we possibly ever reconcile something like this?” I stared at Andy. As much as I still loved him and wanted him in my life, I could not simply forgive him. It just wasn’t that easy, or simple.

“How in the name of all that is decent in the world, do we live with what happened here tonight?” I asked the empty air as I looked up at the ceiling in despair. “How do we start over?” I asked of no one.

“Like this,” Chuck said as he stood up and gestured for me to stand. Curious, I obeyed him. Chuck reached over, took my right hand in his left hand and lead me around the coffee table. He lead me to where Andy was standing. I flinched, but did not draw away. Chuck reached out with his right hand and grabbed Andy’s left hand. Andy shuddered, but did not draw away from Chuck. Wordlessly, he brought the palm of my right hand to the palm of Andy’s left hand and pressed our two hands together with his. Then he forced the fingers of our two hands to become enfolded. “You hold on tight to the love that you have for this man, and love him with every fiber of your being. That’s what you do, now and every day for the rest of your life.” Chuck’s voice cracked with the next words that he spoke to the both of us. “Life is far too short for either of you to throw away what you have found together.” He let his hands fall away from ours and backed away a few steps. He had done all that he could. He knew that the rest was up to us.

I looked over at Chuck and was amazed to see tears in his eyes. I had never thought of him as the sentimental and sensitive type. This was a side of him that I’d never seen before. I knew that he wasn’t bullshitting me. I had touched his mind and scanned it as soon as he had grabbed my wrist. (What can I say? Old habits die hard. I was so used to doing this as a defensive measure that I have to force myself not to do it. Chuck had caught me by surprise, and so I did not stop the scan when I had the chance.) I looked up at Andy, as my lips trembled to say what was in my heart. Andy looked down at me, wordlessly, as his lips trembled too. Neither of us could speak as much as we wanted to. It was as if there were an invisible steel wall between the two of us and we couldn’t seem to find the door.

I stepped up to Andy and placed my head on his left shoulder. I wrapped my free left arm about his waist. Slowly. Gently. Delicately, as if Andy were make of glass, I gave him a hug. Then it happened. What I feared wouldn’t happen, did. I felt Andy’s free right arm slowly encircle my waist. Then joy beyond joy, I felt Andy pull his left hand from my right hand and wrap his left arm around me. Slowly Andy hugged me close to him, carefully as if I were a delicate flower easily crushed. Quickly I wrapped my now free right arm around Andy, completing the circle of my hug of him. I hugged him back as carefully and gently as I could. I swallowed desperately against the choking tightness in my throat. God this felt so good, but I knew that more was needed. We had to talk, as painful as that might be. As I stood there holding and hugging Andy, I remembered something that I had told Andy the night of our first date, and I knew I had to say it to him now.

Reluctantly I unwrapped myself from Andy and lifted my head off of his shoulder. Carefully, I placed my hands on either side of his face, and forced him to look me straight in the eyes. I took a deep breath, and then my eyes started to fill with tears as I spoke to him.

“Don’t you know I’d rather have five minutes of wonderful with you, than a life time of loneliness and emptiness, such as I’ve known?” I asked the tear blurred face in front of me. “I love you, Andy. Enough to forgive you. Enough to ask you to come back into my life. Enough, to ask you to forgive me.” Then I closed my eyes and let the tears fall to my cheeks. There was nothing more to say. Chuck was right, and in my heart I knew it. If I truly loved Andy, I would find it in my heart and soul to forgive him. It was my own leap of faith. I waited for Andy’s response.

Two big strong warm hands cupped my face and forced it upwards. I opened my eyes, and blinked away the tears, to gaze up into two soft brown doe like eyes, that glowed anew with a special warmth and tenderness that I knew was for me alone. Andy’s warm honey smooth tenor voice, that I had thought I would never hear again spoke to me. “All is forgiven, Paul. Thank you for loving me. I am sorry that I doubted you, and your control of your powers. You are a very, very special man, and I am truly blessed to have you in my life. I love you, you know.”

“Yes, I do know,” I said, as I looked up at Andy and felt my heart slowly start to heal. I moved towards him and tilted my head to the right slightly as I let a smile grow on my lips. Andy smiled back at me, and tilted his head slightly to the left as our heads came closer together. Finally, after countless minutes, our lips brushed against each other and the ache in my heart slowly started to fade. One kiss cannot cure a broken heart, but this was a good start. Slowly we pressed our lips together and unbidden our arms found their way around our bodies again. The embrace was a new as our first kiss, and as fragile. We both knew that a few simple words would not heal the cracks in the foundation of our relationship. It would take time, effort and a lot of talking before we could say that we had healed this breach.

Gently but firmly Andy broke our embrace, and took one step away from me. He looked down at me, and smiled, but it was a sad smile just the same. “Before we go any further, Paul, we need to get something settled,” Andy said quietly.

“What is that?” I asked, puzzled and more than just a tiny bit scared. I had just gotten Andy back and already I was starting to worry about losing him.

“The answer to a question that I asked you, a lifetime ago,” he replied. He reached his right hand into the right pocket of his raincoat, and then withdrew it a moment later. On his open palm was a small black jewelry box. He reached over and flipped open the lid of the box with his left hand. As expected there were two golden wedding bands. “Will you wear my ring?” He asked me, looking directly into my eyes.

Gingerly I reached over and took one of the rings from the box. I’d thought long and hard about this question, and I had finally decided how to answer Andy. I walked over to the stereo and after a few minutes of fiddling I selected the song that I wanted to play. I walked back to stand in front of Andy as the first few bars of the song “Long As I Live” started to play. (I wish I could include the words to the song here, but I would need permission from the artist.) I knelt down in front of Andy, and slipped the wedding band on the ring finger of my left hand as I started to lip sync to the sexy southern accented voice of John Michael Montgomery. The words of that song were simple but they expressed exactly how I felt. They told Andy that I was his, until God called me away. I’m not ashamed to say that I cried as I tried to ‘sing’ to Andy. When a song resonates with the feelings in your soul, you can’t help but give yourself over to it.

Andy understood. That kind, sweet, caring, loving man. He smiled down at me as he nodded his head slightly. Andy took the remaining ring and slipped it onto the ring finger of his left hand, letting the unneeded jewelry box fall to the floor .He held my hands in his as I knelt there in front of him, and he softly kissed them several times during the song. Tears rolled down his cheeks as well, but like mine they were tears of relief and joy. When the song was over Andy yanked me to my feet and smothered me in a strong grizzly bear hug. All he could do was to hold me tight, as we swayed slightly back and forth. “Lord knows I don’t deserve a man like you, but thank you for saying ‘yes’,” he muttered in my ear. ‘Thank you, for loving me.”

“Like the ring says, ‘Grow old along with me’,” I muttered back at him, feeling my heart heal just a little bit more.

“God, yes!” He cried and squeezed me even tighter as the fervor of his love and feelings for me overtook him.

“I’m not a tube of toothpaste, Andy,” I complained to him as I started to struggle for breath. “You don’t have to try and get every last ounce of love out of me.”

“Gee...sorry about that,” he replied bashfully as he let up on the pressure of his hug. “Is that better?” He asked as he continued to hold me close.

“Yes, much,” I assured him, as it became easier to breathe. “But don’t you think you should let go of me now?”

“No. Not ever,” he muttered into my ear. “Never again. I’m never letting go of you.”

“Not even to go to the bathroom?” I teased. It seemed that my sense of humor had returned too.

“Only when I can’t hold it back any longer,” he answered and then kissed me passionately. I quickly forgot whatever it was that I was going to say, and just surrendered to his sweet, caressing kisses. God how I had missed them! My heart which has been so cold and empty for the past five days, warmed up as Andy’s love filled it once more. I felt alive again.

“Well, now that this is settled, I’ll be going,” a forgotten Chuck called out to us.

“Sweet Jesus!” I cried out as I forced myself out of Andy’s embrace. Let me tell you that was not an easy thing for me to do just then, either. The surprised look on his face was priceless, but I didn’t have time to enjoy it. “Wait a second, Chuck!” I called out to him trying to delay his departure.

“You guys don’t need me,” he called back with a grin as he opened the front hall closet door and reached in to get his raincoat and hat. “Besides, Mom always said that three is a crowd.”

“Wait, please!” I cried out to Chuck. ‘You can’t go just yet!”

“Actually, yes I can,” Chuck answered, with a slight smirk on his face. “You set me free of your control, remember?”

“Jesus, I didn’t mean that, and you know it, Chuck,” I said to him, slightly annoyed with his teasing. I caught up to him at the front door of the apartment. “The least you can do is to accept my sincere apology for what happened tonight. And I’d also like offer you my most profound thanks for all that you did tonight. I know that it couldn’t have been easy for you. I appreciate it more than you’ll ever know.” I paused for a moment, wondering if I should continue my train of thought. I took a quick breath and continued speaking to Chuck. “I can see why Andy calls you his best friend, Chuck. You’re a very special man, too.”

Chuck looked at me quizzically for a second, and then held out his arms to me. “Aren’t you at least going to give me a good bye hug?” He chirped at me. “Or do you only hug tall muscular RCMP constables?”

“Of course not,” I answered as I stepped into Chucks outstretched arms and gave him a strong, warm and gentle hug. “I wasn’t sure that you’d accept a hug from me, but I am delighted to be proven wrong,” I said to him as I hugged him firmly. The hug was brief but sincere. As we broke away from each other, I smiled at Chuck and he smiled back. We weren’t enemies or antagonists anymore. I suppose we were friends of a sort, but only time would tell how close of friends we would become. One thing was certain, though, we both cared about Andy. Maybe that would be enough of a foundation to build a friendship on. I certainly hoped so.

Chuck turned away from me, to face Andy. Suddenly Chuck snapped to attention and saluted Andy. “Maintiens le Droit,” he barked out in that commanding voice of his.

Without a second’s hesitation Andy came to attention and returned Chuck’s salute. “Maintiens le Droit,” he replied in a clear but soft voice. Chuck stood at ease, spun around and retrieved his raincoat and hat from the closet. He quickly donned them, and headed for the front door. Chuck gave me one last smile as he opened the front door and walked through it, closing it behind him firmly.

I stood there at a loss to understand what had just happened between Chuck and Andy. I walked over to the front door and locked it securely. Slowly I turned around and headed back to where Andy was standing. He had not moved an inch since Chuck had left.

“What was that all about?” I asked Andy quietly, as I looked up into his strangely tranquil face.

“The words are in French. It’s on the crest of the RCMP,” Andy answered absently. He was still looking at the front door, and his mind was clearly somewhere else.

“My French is a bit rusty, Andy,” I said. “What does it mean?”

“Maintain The Right”, he answered softly, his gaze still locked on the front door. “It’s the motto of the RCMP.”

I looked up at Andy, still bemused. (I’d always thought that the RCMP motto was ‘we always get our man’. It seemed that was a popular misconception.) Andy ignored me completely. His mind and thoughts were definitely elsewhere, as he stared at the front door. After a while Andy seemed to come to his senses.

“Sorry about that, love,” he said as he smiled at me. “I was lost in a daydream. Come on, let’s sit on the sofa and chat. We have a lot to talk about.” Andy took my hand in his and lead me to the sofa. He slipped off his raincoat and tossed it into the swivel rocker. He plopped himself down on the sofa, and then pulled me towards him. Firmly he pulled me down so that I was sitting beside him, and then laid his head on my right shoulder, and closed his eyes. He let out a long sigh and muttered happily, “It’s good to be home.”

I reached over and softly stroked his beautiful black hair. “Everything’s all right, Andy. You’re safe now. You’re home,” I whispered into his sexy ear as I held him close to me. Andy’s only reply was a long sigh. A lump formed in my throat and my eyes threatened to tear up, but I fought it off. I couldn’t afford the luxury of crying or sobbing right now. Andy was back with me, but our union was as delicate and tenuous as the thread of a spider’s web, and twice as fragile. Now was not the time for words. Now was the time for holding each other close and saying nothing. I don’t know how long I held Andy like that, listening to him breathing and to the quiet ticking of the wall clock. I was still wondering about the exchange of salutes between Andy and Chuck, when I realized that Andy had started to snore. He was fast asleep lying against my shoulder, and he was heavy. I was loath to wake him up, but there was no way I could carry or drag him into the spare bedroom. I didn’t want Andy sleeping on the sofa, when there was a nice comfortable bed (his NOT mine) only a few feet away.

‘Come on, Andy, wake up,” I said to him as I grabbed him by those magnificent shoulders of his and shook him. It took about a minute before I was able to rouse him.

Andy blinked sleepily at me, as he fought to wake up and figure out where he was. ‘Who? What? Where? Paul?” He asked stupidly, still confused. “Oh I guess I must have dropped off,” he said sheepishly.

“Come on, dear heart,” I said to him as I stood up. “It’s obvious you need some rest. Let’s get you into bed.” I held out my hand to him.

“Only if you’re with me,” he said at he took my hand in his and stood up. “You look as tired as I feel,” he remarked and let out a huge yawn.

I studied Andy’s face, and only now did I notice the dark rings under his eyes and the exhaustion in his face. It was clear that he hadn’t been sleeping well for the past few nights. That made two of us. I lead Andy to the spare bedroom and opened the door. Once inside I turned down the bed. Satisfied that everything was set, I turned around and headed towards the door.

‘Please, don’t go,” Andy said softly as he reached out and gently grabbed my right hand with his left hand. “Stay with me tonight.”

“I’m just going to get changed, Andy. I’ll be back in a second,” I said and smiled at him to reassure him.

“Not tonight, please,” Andy implored me. “Tonight, for the first time let’s be nude in bed together.”

As I gazed into Andy’s eyes, I saw a look of longing and pleading that I’d never seen before. I was caught off guard by the seriousness of Andy’s request. I raised one eyebrow in subdued surprise. “You know where that might lead, don’t you?” I asked as I kept my eyes steady with his, all trace of levity gone from my voice.

“Yes, I know,” he answered steadfastly. “But don’t you think it’s time? Don’t you think we’ve waited long enough?” His voice was calm and collected, without so much as a hint of pleading in it. Andy was simply asking me a question, and expected an honest answer. But for Andy, an admitted virgin, to be asking such a question was compelling proof of the depth of his feelings for me. I could not help but feel honored and moved that Andy was ready and willing to share such an intimate and personal part of himself with me. For a few moments I could not speak, as words failed me. I swallowed a few times as I looked at Andy. After a few moments of silence, I found my voice.

“Yes, I think we have waited long enough. The rings we are wearing tonight are proof enough that our hearts are bound to each other. I know I’m ready to commit to this relationship, to explore the physical pleasures and joys of sex with you,” I told Andy quietly, keeping my eyes fastened on his. “But in all honesty love, I don’t think either of us has the energy or strength for that tonight. We’re both asleep on our feet.”

Any response that Andy was about to make was cut off by a sudden yawn that overtook him. He sheepishly looked down at me and chuckled, “Looks like you’re right. Okay, I’ll settle for just stripping you down now and climbing into bed with you.” With that Andy pulled me towards him with one powerful tug from his arm. When I said powerful that is exactly what I meant. He pulled me off of my feet and I wound up stumbling against Andy’s body as I lost my balance. Andy reached out with both arms to steady me. Assured that I wasn’t going to fall over, he pawed at my belt buckle and flipped it open. He attacked my blue jeans and quickly unzipped them. He wasted no time in unbuttoning my jeans, and pulling the jeans down, past my hips. A second later the jeans fell to the floor in a crumpled heap of denim. Andy reached up and undid the first button of my shirt. As he gently spread the yellow cotton of my shirt aside slightly, he kissed the base of my throat, softly and tenderly. With each button that he undid, Andy kissed a different part of my face and neck. Before I quite realized it, my yellow cotton cowboy shirt was hanging open and Andy was smothering my face and neck with kisses. Slowly he placed his hands on my shoulders and pressed his lips urgently against mine as he slide that shirt off of my shoulders and chest. It fell, unheard, at my feet. He drew away from me then, and left me standing there in just my white cotton briefs and brown socks. I carefully stepped out of pile of my clothing and looked at Andy, waiting for him to say something.

Instead of speaking Andy kicked off his sneakers. He smiled at me as he unzipped his jeans and then unbuttoned them. In one quiet and smooth motion, he slid his jeans down past his hips and onto the floor. He reached down and grabbed the sides of his white pullover knit golf shirt. It took only one big tug for him to pull that shirt up and off of his magnificent torso. The shirt joined Andy’s jeans on the floor. So there Andy stood before me, in just his white boxer shorts and white socks.

I grabbed the elastic band of my briefs and slipped them down off my body. Andy’s smile grew a bit larger, and then he quickly followed suit. I had to balance on one leg, and then the other, but I managed to slip off my socks. Andy though, didn’t seem to have any problem removing his socks. So finally there we were, nude before each other. Actually we had seen each other nude before. After all we had showered together, so this wasn’t exactly an earth shattering moment. But it was a very special moment, nonetheless.

Andy turned around and climbed into the bed, presenting me with a wonderful view of his naked ass. (I think that was the idea.) He held the bed sheets open in a silent invitation to me. I quickly walked over and climbed into the bed next to him. He threw the bed sheets on top of me, and snuggled in close to me. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me again, full on the lips.

“God, how I missed you,” he breathed at me, in between kisses.

“It’s been hell without you,” I answered him in between kisses of my own.

Eventually we both ran out of kisses and were content to lay there in each others arms, and just look at each other. The stress and strain of the past few days caught up with Andy, and I saw his eyelids begin to droop.

“Go to sleep, Andy. It’s okay. I’m here,” I whispered to him.

“Yes, master,” he muttered coyly as he closed his eyes and smiled at me. A few seconds later he was sound asleep, and had started to snore softly. (By the way, Andy even has a sexy snore.) I didn’t have much time to enjoy the humor of the situation, though. I fell asleep soon afterwards. My last fuzzy thought was that I still didn’t know what was behind the recitation of the RCMP motto between Chuck and Andy.

I awoke the next morning to the sound of the alarm clock radio going off. I blinked my eyes open to discover that it was 7:55 AM, according to the clock. I felt rested, and hungry. To my surprise I discovered that I was alone in the bed. Andy, and his clothes were no where to be found. My clothes were still in the pile where I’d left them last night. My first thought was that Andy had heard the earlier 5:30 AM alarm and gotten up then. It wasn’t like him not to leave me a note or to wake me up to say good bye before leaving. I looked around the room, but I did not see any note or any other indication that Andy was still around.

I climbed out of the bed and stumbled over to my pile of clothes. I put on my socks, briefs and my jeans. My kitchen floor is always cold in the morning, and I knew this morning would be no exception. After a large stretch and a loud groan, I trotted off to the kitchen to fix myself something to eat. I figured that I’d probably run into Andy in the kitchen. I was wrong. I searched my entire apartment, and I couldn’t find a trace of Andy anywhere. Even his raincoat was gone. That was so unlike him that I started to become concerned. Rather than give into panic I decided to have a glass of orange juice and try to calm down. It was simply too early in the morning for tea, or for panic. I opened the refrigerator door and looked inside for the orange juice. It was then that I saw the envelope with my name written on the outside, sitting next to the small plastic tubs of cream cheese. I snatched the envelope up as I absentmindedly closed the refrigerator door. I carefully opened the envelope and started to read the letter inside. It was difficult to do, because my eyes kept tearing up. As I read the letter, in my mind I could hear Andy’s sexy honey smooth tenor voice speaking the words.

“My Beloved Paul, I wish I had your gift for words right now. I’ve never written anything like this before, so please forgive me if the words don’t seem to come out exactly right. For some reason I woke up this morning just before the alarm was about to go off. I flipped it off so that you would not wake up. Then I lay there looking down at your sleeping form. I stroked your cheeks several times with my fingertips and kissed your sleeping lips a few times as the minutes passed by. As I looked at you lying there beside me I came to understand just how precious and dear you are to me. I looked at the ring on your finger, my ring, and what that meant to you and to me. For a brief moment I became terrified of what it really meant. Then I remembered what Chuck had done last night and it all became clear to me. Chuck was right. Being with you is ‘the right thing to do’. Oh, I suppose I should explain that. When Chuck saluted me last night and quoted the RMCP motto he was in effect giving us his blessing. He was saying that my relationship with you was ‘the right thing to do’, and that I had to ‘maintain the right’. I think you can begin to see now just how important Chuck’s friendship has been to me all these years. That is why, my love, it was such a relief and a joy when Chuck finally accepted that I am gay. I know I have you to thank for that. In addition to your heart and soul, you gave me back my dearest friend and troop mate. I can never repay you for that, but I’ve decided to try anyway. If you are reading this note now, then it means that you woke up before I could get back in time. Fear not, my love, I’m on my way back to you. I just had to go and buy something first. I will never leave you. Yours always, and forever, Andy.”

I read the letter several times. It was the most touching thing I had ever received from anyone. How I kept from bawling with joy, I’ll never know. I headed back to the spare bedroom and put on my shirt. I returned to the kitchen and got to work on making breakfast for the two of us. It would help to pass the time while I waited for Andy’s return. Every few minutes my eyes would wander back to the open letter resting on the kitchen counter, and I would reread it. Each time that I did a warm glow would suffuse my body and I’d find myself smiling in joy. I had the breakfast just about ready when Andy walked into the kitchen. I had not heard the front door open, so I was taken by surprise.

“Hi,” he said as he stood there with his hands behind his back, and a big, stupid, sappy, yet sexy grin pasted on his face. He had taken the time to take off his sneakers and his raincoat, when he’d arrived.

“Hi yourself,” I said, as I smiled back at him. (I most likely had a big stupid, sappy smile to match his.)

“So, you...uh....read my note?” He asked.

“Yup,” I answered and grinned at him. “I was a bit concerned when I woke up and you were not in the apartment. Thanks for the note. It set my mind at ease. So what did you get me?” I teased.

Andy walked up to where I was. He looked me dead in the eyes and said, “These.” With that he withdrew his hands from behind his back, and thrust a small bouquet of violets into my face, just below my nose. “It’s all I could find this morning,” he said by way of an apology.

They were small little flowers, and it wasn’t much of a bouquet, just a handful of flowers at best. Still, they were the loveliest things I had ever seen. I bent down and smelled them. Then I looked up at Andy and wrapped my arms around his neck as I pulled his beautiful face down close to mine so that our noses were touching.

“They’re wonderful, dear heart, just like you,” I whispered to him. “No need to apologize. It’s the thought that counts. Your thoughts are like you, beautiful, strong, compassionate and loving.”

“I really don’t deserve you, you know,” Andy whispered back at me, and then blushed.

“Too bad, ‘cause it seems as if you’re stuck with me, for life,” I chided him, and then grinned at him to take any sting out of my words. I looked into those lovely soft brown eyes of his and tapped his nose playfully.

“Amen to that,” he agreed heartily. Suddenly Andy’s stomach let out a loud rumble. He blushed a beautiful beet red, while I broke up into quiet laughter.

“Come on, let’s eat,” I said to him as I pointed to the table. “Breakfast is nearly ready.”

“Good idea,” Andy said as he opened one of the cabinet doors and retrieved an empty glass. It took him only a few moments to put the bouquet of violets into the glass and add some water. Andy placed the glass of violets in the center of the kitchen table.

We sat down to a long leisurely breakfast, after which we started the day off right. We took a long luxurious hot shower together. Even now the memory of that first ‘married’ shower together is as clear and vibrant in my mind, as the day it happened. We never did get around to using the soap that morning. (Wink, wink.) We stood under that stream of warm water and held onto each other as if letting go would mean the end of the world. I nearly drown when Andy placed his lips over my left nipple and licked it vigorously!

You see, Andy was facing away from the stream of water, while I was facing towards it, and well, when he bent down to lick my nipple the stream of water hit me full in the face. The surprise, shock and delight of Andy’s tongue on my nipple was so overwhelming, that my jaw dropped open and the water cascaded in. I coughed and sputtered a bit until I could get my breath back. Andy meanwhile chuckled and chortled at my distress. The dirty look I shot him (which in itself was an accomplishment considering we were standing in a shower), didn’t phase him a bit. He stood up to block the stream of water so I could catch my breath. When I was finally finished hacking my lungs out (well that’s what it felt like to me anyway), I closed my mouth and stood slightly to the side so that the water would miss my face.

Andy bent down and gently placed his lips on my right nipple. His lips parted and his wonderfully warm tongue slipped out and began to trace a sensuous line across and around my right nipple. I shuddered and moaned with unbridled delight, as my eyes shut of their own accord. I reached out blindly and wrapped my arms about Andy. (It wasn’t exactly hard to find him.) I pulled him towards me as I continued to moan and wiggle in ecstasy. Andy pressed himself close to me and slowly, like a mountain climber conquering Mount Everest, worked his way up from my right nipple to the base of my throat. A century later, or so it seemed, his lips finally found their way to mine. Every inch of skin on my face suddenly felt red hot, as my lips parted at the slight nudge from Andy’s tongue. At long last his tongue met mine. I didn’t think anything so simple as a deep throated kiss, could be so exhilarating. Somehow we found the good sense to leave the shower before the hot water ran out, and before we slipped and hurt ourselves. We moved our act on to the bed in my bedroom, and continued our mutual admiration society meeting well into the late hours of the afternoon. We completely missed lunch, by the way. And when we were finished, we nearly slept past the dinner hour.

So began the first day of our commitment, our marriage, to each other.