The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

MY LIFE WITH THE CRAZY CAPER CREW

by Hypnotoad <>

Part 2 of 4

We ended up having a pizza delivered that night, and settled down in front of the TV to watch the show.

Some things about the Crazy Caper Crew were exactly what I remembered, but some were altered by time and perspective. In some ways the show was ridiculous. Todd wore that weird kerchief or cravat thing guys wore only in cartoons. Bongo was a beatnik caricature thirty years out-of-date when he was created, from someone whose ideas of jazz musicians probably owed more to Maynard G. Krebs than to Greenwich Village.

First on the first tape was Episode 101, called “The Tightrope Trap” according to the label. The gang visits the Gotham State Building, where Terry is embarrassed to admit she has a fear of heights. She sees a therapist to cure her phobia... but the doctor is actually the evil hypnotist Master Mystico in disguise, his assistant Honey posing as a nurse. Soon, Master Mystico has Terry in a deep trance—indicated with lots of flashing lights and swirling spirals—and tells her she will do whatever he wishes. Then a mysterious rash of burglaries strikes the city, and police are baffled. Master Mystico has indeed cured Terry’s fear of heights, making her believe she’s an acrobat who can walk the high wire. She enters tall skyscrapers by the upper floors and makes off with sacks of money and gems. The others find out and save her...and it turns out her fear of heights has been permanently cured.

Sure, you could quibble about the logic. It seemed strange that Master Mystico would need to make someone commit robberies, given his hypnotic skills. Why not just make people give him whatever he needed? And why recruit a stranger? Couldn’t he have hypnotized his sidekick Honey to be an acrobat instead? To which I can only reply, the willing suspension of disbelief is a valuable skill.

But the most interesting thing for me was the way the episode depicted hypnosis. When Terry is mesmerized, she gets this dopey, happy look on her face; a look of total contentment and relaxation. It certainly wasn’t scary. If anything, it made hypnosis seem more attractive. And at the end, Terry has lost her phobia as promised, so in that sense her hypnosis was presented as a positive thing.

Watching this beside me, Jody had pulled her legs and feet up onto the sofa. She seemed totally unselfconscious and caught up in the story. I was feeling a bit of mental swagger; her closeness and the hypnotic scene of Terry utterly relaxed and receptive and obedient had combined to give me an erection.

Episode 102 was “Telling Time” in which Master Mystico steals an experimental truth ray hidden inside a watch: the wearer can make anyone tell the truth. At first Mystico doesn’t know it has this effect and is baffled at the strange comments he gets when people ask him the time, but he soon catches on. After testing it on Honey (“Did you eat the last piece of cake, Honey?” “Yes, Master... I... ate... the cake...") he goes out to cause mayhem. Master Mystico says, “Do you know the time? It’s... telling time!” and anyone he meets is forced to reveal his or her secrets. Jody looked up at me and giggled the first time he said this phrase. Then Mystico runs into Bongo and persuades him to reveal the whereabouts of the team (“Like... yes, man... I... will... take you... to... them”) and is about to capture them all when the watch battery runs down at the crucial moment.

The show was so light and inconsequential, watching an episode didn’t really feel as if any time had passed. It was like eating potato chips; you have the sensation of eating, but not of getting full and you end up eating the whole bag before you know it. My idea had been to watch only two episodes—I mean, surely there was something else I could do with a guest visiting my home besides watching TV!—but Jody showed no boredom or desire to leave my sofa, so we kept watching.

Next up was “Bongo Brew” in which Bongo develops stage fright before a gig playing drums with a jazz combo. He creates a potion to relax him and give him confidence before the gig. Why Bongo had a full chemistry lab at his disposal was never explained; it seemed to imply he used a lot of drugs, but how could that have gotten past the network standards and practices department? Anyway, in the classic “too much of a good thing” scenario, Bongo keeps drinking it and turns into a laid-back hipster who’s too cool for anyone and everyone. You could see the “just say no” message coming: when the audience at a gig are accidentally given the potion, they become blissed-out lotus eaters and don’t care about the band or anything else, and Bongo sees the error of his ways.

And again, I was struck by the mixed message. On the surface, it was look out kids, taking mood-altering drugs is a bad thing. But underneath... well, Bongo is confident and successful when he’s under the influence. And in the later scene of the audience all dosed with his potion, the cartoon really lingered on the happy, blissed-out faces, emphasizing their beautiful pleasure and carefree relaxation...

I was starting to nod off myself at that point, and blinked. Something about watching the screen was difficult. I thought maybe I was being rude, paying so much attention to the show and so little to Jody... but she’d say something if she was tired of watching. And it was easy and comfortable to just sit there with her, relaxed, watching together.

Finally we came to the episode I remembered best. For years I wondered if I’d imagined the whole thing. In “Lorelei Lure” shy Terry is once again abducted by Master Mystico, who hypnotizes her into thinking she’s a great singer, which is precisely what she becomes. Presumably, Al Sioris had just seen the movie Svengali. Anyway, Mystico puts Terry in a “glamorous” evening gown and gets her all dolled up, then sends her to an Army base to perform a special hypnotic song he’s written, which entrances the soldiers so that Mystico can steal the “top secret microdot” they’re guarding.

I could see how this episode crossed several categories of erotic hypnosis. First a man enthralls a beautiful woman, but this confers her with a hypnotic ability as well, which in turn enables her to dominate other men. Equal time on screen was devoted to her passive entranced state and the enraptured looks of the soldiers enthralled by her siren song. And again a strange undercurrent in the way Mystico “sexualizes” the plain Terry with a dress and makeup, as if being hypnotized was a prerequisite to making her desirable. I wondered if this would excite people with a fetish for body transformation or feminization?

Well, it certainly had an effect on me. Seeing it the first time when I was seven years old, I had dreams about the episode for weeks afterwards. That could have been the very moment I’d developed my lifelong fascination with hypnosis.

The earliest sexual fantasies I could remember were of being that villain, Master Mystico, capturing the lovely Jackie and Terry and entrancing them, making them my obedient playthings. I knew exactly how shameful and sexist it was, but that hardly made it less enticing. I’d never told anyone my perverse, pervasive fantasies of women staring ahead blankly, submissively, happily, open and receptive to instruction...

My erection was throbbing at these thoughts. As the first tape ended, I looked at Jody to see if she was aware of it. I felt guilty; here I was sharing an innocent childhood pleasure with her, and secretly getting turned on by a cartoon. If she found out how aroused I’d become, she’d think I was a creep, no question.

So it came as no small surprise to see she was looking up at me with tears in her eyes. “Hon—Jody, what is it? What’s wrong?”

“Th-that episode... I remember it,” she said in a small, meek voice. “I wanted... I just wanted to be her... to be like that.”

“Enchanting men with your singing?” I tried to joke.

“No... I, I wanted... I wanted to be enslaved... taken control of... hypnotized, so my master could make me... beautiful. That’s... do you think that’s sick?” Her face was all screwed up with dismay. Her expression said, you think I’m insane, don’t you.

The blood was pounding in my ears. “No... no, I don’t think so at all.”

“...Really?” She seemed infinitely fragile.

“Just a second.” And I got up and went to my iMac. I typed a few keystrokes while keeping the screen turned away so she couldn’t see it. When I had what I wanted loaded in the web browser, I said, “Look at this,” and pivoted the screen to face her.

Jody gazed at the screen wide-eyed and puzzled. “What IS this?”

I replied, “It’s a website devoted to stories about hypnosis and mind control. Erotic stories. Being hypnotized, or hypnotizing someone, is a sexual fantasy for a lot of people. Um, including me.” Again the feeling that my heart was going to pull itself loose and clog my throat to keep the words from coming out. What was I doing? I was never ever going to tell anyone about this. But I was doing just that.

“Really? Do you have stories there? Can I read them?” She was awestruck, like a little girl promised an endless supply of candy.

“No, of course not,” I answered too quickly. “Er, I mean, I don’t have any stories on there. Um... maybe someday I’ll write one.”

“That would be so cool!” Jody said breathlessly.

We were still talking about hypnosis an hour later. Neither one of us had met anyone else in person who felt this way about it. But reading all those websites and message boards had given me some small understanding. “All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. It’s not like on the show, where someone has a power to control anyone else. It’s something you do to yourself. And all of us do it to ourselves, whether we know it or not.”

“I don’t get it,” she said.

“Okay, here’s an example. Have you ever read a really good book? Or a trashy one that you were still really into? And you sit down in a comfy chair and curl up to read it. You get caught up in the story, and the background noises just fade out. The TV or the radio could be on, but you just stop hearing them. You’re in the world of the story. If the doorbell or telephone rang, you wouldn’t hear them either. You’re totally lost in the story. Those people and places are real to you. Where your body actually is doesn’t matter. And that’s self-hypnosis!”

“But it’s different if someone else is telling you what to do, what to think!”

“In some ways, maybe. But if you’re reading a story, isn’t the writer doing that? So it’s not so different.”

Jody looked away, shyly. “Do you fantasize about hypnotizing women so that they can be your sex toys?”

“No! I mean... no... Well... no, that’s not really it.” I looked to see if she was skeptical, but she showed no sign of doubt. She nodded, urging me to continue. “I mean, the hypnosis itself is the point, see? Not what she’s doing when hypnotized. When I think of a woman in trance, I imagine her totally blissful and happy and free of worry...”

“But it’s hot for you... isn’t it?” She looked up at me again.

“Very much so,” I answered.

There was a long silence. “Would you hypnotize me and make me your sex toy, Erich?”

“I, um... is that what you want?”

“Yes. More than anything.”

“Close your eyes.” She did, already looking blissful. “I want you to play some make-believe for me. You have a favorite chair, the chair where you feel the most comfortable. A nice big soft chair. And you’re curled up in that chair.” Jody nodded. “On your lap is a big storybook. You know this book has a wonderful story in it, and you want to open it up to the first page and read the story. So open the book up now and look at the first page.”

What new insanity was this? I’d read about this so many times, imagined it in lavish detail, but I’d never actually done an induction myself. But Jody so obviously wanted me to do this... and I’d trapped myself into it with my big talk. Me and my stupid mouth. I tried to keep my voice steady.

“There’s nothing on the first page, Jody. The page is blank. It’s very nice paper, with a warm creamy texture, and the page is blank. So now you turn over to the next page. It’s also blank. This doesn’t bother you, it’s interesting just to look at the weave and texture of the paper, but you still want to go on and get to the beginning of the story. So you turn the page again.

“And the next page is blank as well. Now, I’m going to count to ten. Each time I say a number, you’re going to turn another page in the book for me. Do you understand?” Jody nodded slightly. I think she was already under. But I continued with the induction I was inventing on the spot. It couldn’t be wise to switch course now having already started.

“Each time you turn a page for me, you’ll feel more relaxed, more serene, more tranquil. By the time I get to ten, you’ll be totally relaxed and the only thing you’ll be aware of is the sound of my voice and the blank page which is your thoughts.” I slowly counted up to nine, instructing Jody to turn the page with each number. “And... ten. Turn the page. Jody. You are now in a deeply relaxed state. You want to do exactly what I say. If I ask you a question, you will answer truthfully and honestly. If you understand, just nod.” I was answered with the slightest nod, barely perceptible if I hadn’t been looking for it.

“Jody, you said you wanted me to make you my...fuck toy. Is that what you want?” Nod. “Jody, you will stay this relaxed, but you can speak clearly. Talking is effortless when I ask you a question. What is your fantasy?”

Jody sighed and murmured, “Slut. Filthy whore.”

“Explain what you mean?”

“Wanna curse. Be dirty and nasty. Treated like a piece of meat.”

Wow. It was true that she’d never once cursed or used any bad language that I could recall. “Jody, when I say the word ‘foxfire’ you will wake up, but you will be that person you fantasize about. You will act the way that gives you the most pleasure. Do you understand?” Nod again. “Okay... Foxfire.”

Jody blinked her eyes, looked at me through narrow eyes, and smirked wickedly. She wasn’t Jody anymore. She was a confident seductress, keenly aware of how enticing she was and how aroused she made me, and enjoying her power. “Hey, stud,” she murmured intimately in a voice she’d never used before with me. It was almost a growl. She stretched sleepily on the sofa, but with a sexy wriggle that drew attention to her slim, agile hips. “Why don’t you fuck the hell out of me? Totally fuck my brains out? I’m fucking horny and I need your cock in me right now.”

She took one of my hands in one of hers and placed it on the crotch of her jeans, as if she was making sure I knew exactly where she wanted my cock. I could feel how warm it was. Although she was the one who was hypnotized, I felt as if I was no longer wholly in control of my actions, and I began responding to her seduction automatically.

End of Part 2