The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Cupid’s Breath

Author: SP Riley

27

Jason sat with his feet up on the table in the student union lounge. It was a large room with many semicircular sofas and a round table in the middle. The lounge was mostly empty on the cold winter day. Snow was coming down heavily and most students were in their dorm rooms so they didn’t have to go through the thick white blanket that was rolling over Holcomb.

Jason felt that he needed to follow the tradition that he had set forth. His previous concoction for the original Cupid’s Breath was written on a brown piece of paper, so he was writing the new formula for his Cupid’s Breath point two on another piece of brown paper. Abigail was to meet him in a little bit, and he wanted to finish first. Jason had taken out the old formula, on its brown bag wrapper and had placed it on the table at his feet. For some reason he felt good that he was transitioning from the old to the new. Jason wrote down the chemicals needed, the procedure, and how long the effects.

Jason glanced at his old instructions and realized what he didn’t put down were the warnings. Jason put warnings about not using too much for his new formula. Jason also wrote out more explicit instructions for how to control people. Like a flash of brilliance Jason realized that he had his senior thesis right there. He could explain how he recreated Cupid’s Breath, and could use the computer simulations too. Life was looking good for the young scientist.

There were three things left for Jason to do. First he wanted to use his Cupid’s Breath point two on Abigail. Second, he needed to go to the hospital and use his Cupid’s Breath point two on Janet Clarkson and Heather Merman, and free them from the drug’s hold. The third thing on his list was so he didn’t forget to give Abigail her dose. Jason wanted a timer that could count off fifty-three hours.

Suddenly Jason’s world went dark. “Guess who?” Abigail’s voice sung out from behind Jason as he felt her fingers over his eyes.

“The angel of death, no wait, you’re the ghost of Christmases yet to come,” Jason joked.

“Last chance Shadow,” Abigail joked.

Jason shoved the new formula for Cupid’s Breath into his backpack, all with Abigail covering his eyes. “Well let me think,” Jason said closing his back pack and his eyes. He turned around and faced Abigail. She put her hands over his eyes as he talked. “Well do you have copper brown hair?” Jason asked.

“Yes,” Abigail smiled as she answered.

“Do you have hazel eyes?”

“Yes.”

“Do you have the greatest body in the world?”

“No, but I appreciate the compliment.”

“Do you have a personality that makes the world worth living?”

“Just say my name so you can kiss me you bastard.”

“You’re Fletch, the woman I love,” Jason said and Abigail removed her hand.

Jason immediately leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the lips.

“I love you too,” Abigail said. “How about we get some dinner?”

“Sure,” Jason said slinging his backpack on his shoulder, “and then afterwards how about we go back to my room for a little while?”

A grimace as the two walked off. “I have a study group in the library at five. We should be over with around seven,” Abigail said.

“That’s when the boxing practice is,” Jason replied putting his arm around the woman, “I tell you what, after practice I’ll swing by your place and bring you to mine. Karen will just have to suffer being alone.” Jason and Abigail walked off with Jason completely forgetting about the formula for the original Cupid’s Breath left on the table in the lounge.

The two love birds had a long leisurely dinner and talked about nothing important. They looked into each other’s eyes as they talked, enjoying each other’s company. Jason insisted on walking Abigail to the library, to make sure she didn’t slip on the snow. She didn’t slip but did make a snowball and throw it at Jason. Jason was hit with every one of Abigail’s snow balls. Abigail was able to dodge most of Jason’s, but was hit more than once. They were laughing and hugging each other by the time they made it up the steps to the library.

“So where do you have to go?” Abigail asked Jason.

“Oh I just have to take care of something,” Jason replied not answering. “Study hard with your group.”

“I will,” Abigail said and gave Jason a quick kiss on the lips.

Jason smiled as he watched her go through the glass doors and into the library. He had his own mission to take care off. With the snow falling heavily Jason set off for the hospital. The emergency room was packed. A rash of car crashes on frozen roads made getting in the front door impossible for Jason, but he had an alternative. Going through the hospital and looking for the outpatient desk.

Jason found the outpatient desk, dark and empty, but more importantly he saw the door with the wire mesh in the window, leading to the emergency rooms. Jason turned the corner and saw the two security officers standing at the door at the end of the hall. Through that door were Heather Merman and Janet Clarkson. Jason turned back around the corner before the officers could see him.

There were two of them. One officer was white, big as a football player, and had a nose that was set poorly after being broken. The other officer was black, and over six and a half feet tall with a muscular body that made the buttons on his navy blue uniform strain. They both had on indoor navy blue uniforms and thick black belts with guns on their hips. They were like cops that didn’t patrol outside the hospital.

Jason had to figure out a way to get past the officers. Feeling like an idiot Jason realized that he could control minds. Jason palmed the small bottle of Cupid’s Breath point two and flicked open the top. Acting like he was lost Jason tried the door to the emergency wing and found it unlocked. Jason saw the officers look at him as he turned around, acting like he was making sure the door closed behind him, but actually putting a drop of Cupid’s Breath on his tongue.

Jason stepped quickly to the two officers and breathing out as he spoke Jason said, “Excuse me officers but I’m looking for Janet Clarkson and Heather Merman.” The worst part for Jason was he didn’t know if the Cupid’s Breath point two had any affect on the officers.

“They’re in here,” the white officer said in a high pitched voice that didn’t seem to fit his bulk, “but we’re not supposed to let anyone in.”

“Please let me in,” Jason said. The black officers quickly acted by producing a key for the handle. “I’m sorry gentlemen for having to manipulate you like this. Please don’t tell anyone I’m in there, and don’t let anyone else in until I come out.”

“Okay,” the black officer and the white officer both said at the same time.

Jason walked into the dark room and saw the two sleeping ladies. Jason felt guilty, but this was the end of it. For Jason, he wouldn’t have to use Cupid’s Breath on anyone but Abigail ever again. “Ladies,” Jason said and saw the women’s eyes flutter open. Both of them tried to talk, but the breathing tubes were still down their throats, as well as feeding tubes up their noses. “Calm down,” Jason said when the women started to panic about the tubes. “I promise you those tubes will come out soon. I need to do something for you ladies.”

Jason put the bottle of Cupid’s Breath to his tongue and gave it a gentle squeeze. He felt the drop on his tongue and the disgusting taste, and then he spoke. “You ladies have to obey me,” Jason said breathing on Heather and then Janet. “I am so sorry for what I put you through,” Jason said. “I am so very sorry. If I had any idea of the pain I would have caused I would never have used the drug in the first place. So ladies I want you to ignore the commands that I gave you before. They no longer affect you. I want you to completely forget the pain that I caused you.

“As a way to make it up to you, from now on, for the rest of your lives I want you both to have a photographic memory. You both will be able to recall anything in perfect detail, except for the pain I caused you or my face or name, those will be blank spots in your memory as soon as I walk out of this room. I am so sorry for the pain I caused you. Please forgive me. No, wait forget I said that.”

Jason felt tired, very tired. He knew he had been pushing himself hard, and it was catching up with him. Right now he had to make amends for what he had done. “Ladies I want you to look at the clock. I want you to count off one thousand seconds starting now. When you’ve reached one thousand seconds you will come to your senses and be as you were, with a perfect memory of everything but me and what I did to you. For now, focus on the clock.”

Jason left the room where the two women were staring straight at the clock on the wall. Jason closed the door between the two hospital officers and checked to make sure it locked behind him. Jason asked the black officer, “Did anyone try and come in while I was there?”

“No sir,” the officer said.

“Good, now gentlemen I know how much trouble you’re going to be in when they find out I was here, and I am sorry that,” Jason replied. “That’s why I am ordering you that as soon as you loose site of me you will forget what my face looks like. You will also forget the sound of my voice. Now until a police officer asks if you let anyone in you will forget that you let me in, as soon as an officer asks you will both remember you let me in. You will then remember this, I used a new version of Cupid’s Breath on you that has no side effects and lasts fifty-three hours. You will remember that you couldn’t help yourselves and had to obey me.” Jason tried to think of something else he needed to say, and then started to leave.

“Excuse me,” the white officer said. “You’re going to be stopped if you don’t have a visitor’s pass.”

“Do either of you have one?” Jason asked.

“I have a temporary one,” the black officer said.

“Please give it to me,” Jason ordered. The officer produced a pink plastic card with the black words ‘visitor’ printed on it. “Thank you, you both will also forget that this was given to me until a police officer asks if you let anyone in the room.” With that Jason walked off down the hall. He passed by the nurses station, happy to see that someone else was on duty than the nurse that had previously let him in. Jason slipped the visitor’s badge into his pocket as he walked out into the snow.

28

Ran was trying to get pictures of skid marks in the snow, and having a great deal of trouble. This was the first accident of the night that required him to be outside, and Ran understood why. A compact white car and a full size white SUV had collided with each other, because both were on the wrong sides of the road. Ran was trying to determine if as the SUV driver said, he lost traction on the snow and slid into the other lane. He also claimed to be only going twenty-five miles per hour, and Ran doubted that. Ran couldn’t ask the compact driver since she was half dead and being rushed to the emergency room with serious head trauma and internal injuries.

Ran was trying to blow snow out of the tire tracks on the road to see if there were any signs of skidding when his cell phone rang. “If this isn’t God telling me he’s going to end my pain and suffering, go to hell,” Ran said into the cold piece of plastic.

“I wanted to call and tell you not to worry about Cupid’s Breath any more,” a male voice said over the phone.

“What?” Ran asked not sure he heard correctly.

“I came up with a cure for Cupid’s Breath,” the voice said. “It’s a new version that doesn’t have any side effects, and counteracts the original Cupid’s Breath.”

“Who is this?” Ran yelled into the phone.

“Look, I just wanted to tell you that Janet Clarkson and Heather Merman no longer have to be hospitalized,” the young man said. “I took care of them. I don’t plan on doing anything evil with my Cupid’s Breath point two. I just wanted to call, since I think you’re a cop, and tell you that it’s over.” With that the line went dead.

“Shit,” Ran stated and looked at the number on his phone, and regretted not recording the call. Ran wrote down the number and called Donna at her home.

“Donna, this is Ran, put Drew on the line. Drew, get to the hospital, that asshole that is using Cupid’s Breath just called me and told me he was there taking care of those two girls. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

As fast as possible Ran wrapped up his crime scene and rushed over to the hospital, and found Drew at the security desk waiting for him. “I just got here myself,” Drew said with his notebook in hand.

“Tell me you were clothed when I called,” Ran joked with his red tool box of a forensics kit in hand.

“Donna had her boys, of course I was clothed,” Drew stated. Drew pointed at the security desk and the three officers behind the desk looking at the glowing screen showing security footage. “It was our boy,” Drew said. “The officers at the door are still there. Some nurses say the two girls are in good health, and have taken out the tubes from their mouths and released them from the restraints. By the looks of things he might have used Cupid’s Breath on the two guards.”

“I didn’t tell you,” Ran said, “that the guy we’re after said he came up with a new version that didn’t have any side effects and counter acted Cupid’s Breath acting as a cure. He called it Cupid’s Breath point two. That could be why he was here, to use it on the two girls and cure them. By cure I don’t mean meat.”

“Well should we go talk to the officers on duty and see what they remember?” Drew offered.

“Why not it could be fun,” Ran said heading for the long hallway. When he got within earshot of the two officers Ran called out, “You two, did anyone go inside that room?”

“Yeah nurses,” the white officer joked.

“Funny,” Drew sarcastically said.

“No, I mean did anyone who wasn’t supposed to go in that room go into that room, like the Easter bunny, or the president, or some guy in his late teens with a round head, wearing glasses, and has dark hair?” Ran asked setting down his forensics kit to talk with the two guards.

“Are you an officer?” The black guard asked.

Ran paused to let his clenched jaw relax as Drew smiled at him. “No,” Ran admitted pointing at the red tool box that had the word ‘forensics’ written on it, “I’m a forensic scientist.”

“Sorry, no one who isn’t authorized has been in the room,” The white officer stated.

Ran and Drew looked at each other and Drew reached into his coat and pulled out his shield. “Okay let’s try this,” Drew said showing his identification, “I’m Detective Andrew Jefferson, now did anyone unauthorized go into that room?”

“Shit!” Both guards exclaimed at almost the same time.

“God damn it, fucking piece of shit!” The black guard yelled and slapped his legs like he was in pain.

“Son of a fucking asshole piece of shit bitch!” The white guard yelled at the top of his lungs.

Ran calmly looked over at Drew and said, “I bet you get this more often than you would like to admit.”

“That’s not important right now,” Drew replied. “Hey guys what’s going on?”

“He was here!” The black guard yelled. “That little bastard that was in the video shot was here.”

“He did something to us and for some fucking reason we couldn’t help ourselves and had to do what he said,” The white guard added.

“Okay,” Ran started, “what did he say?”

The two guards looked at each other for a moment and then the black guard said, “He was saying how we were going to get in trouble for letting him in the room, and he kept apologizing for it.”

“Yeah,” the white guard added, “he said he used something called Cued’s Breath on us that lasted fifty-three hours.”

“It was Cupid’s Breath,” The black guard shot back.

“I’m pretty sure he said Cued’s Breath,” the white guard said now unsure.

“Excuse me,” Drew said to attract the men’s attention, “what else did this guy say?”

“He said that it was a new version of Cupid’s Breath that lasted fifteen hours. He also told us we would forget what he looked like, and even what he sounded like,” The black guard said.

“Then he told us we would forget we even saw him until a police officer asked,” The white guard added.

“That’s why you kept asking if I was a cop,” Ran nodded his head.

The two guards looked at each other and then back at Drew and said, “Yes.”

Drew was not amused, “Anything else?”

“He took my temporary visitor’s pass,” The black officer said. “It’s a pink plastic card that has ‘Visitor’ written on it.”

Drew noted this down in his notebook and said to the two men, “Is there anything else?”

The guards looked at each other and shook their heads. “Sorry,” The white officer said.

“Can we go inside now?” Ran asked picking up his forensics kit, and the black officer unlocked the door.

The two girls were sitting up in bed watching the TV in the corner when Drew and Ran walked in. They both looked amazingly well. Their hair was brushed and the gowns they had on were straight. The only sign of what they had gone through were red marks around their wrists.

“Heather Merman, Janet Clarkson, my name it Detective Andrew Jefferson, and this is Randell Dahl a forensic scientist,” Drew said getting the girl’s attention. “We would like to ask you a few questions about what happened to the two of you?”

“You want to know about the guy who did this to us,” said Heather brushing back a strand of blond hair from her face.

“We’re sorry to disappoint you gentlemen but neither of us knows who he was or what he looked liked,” Janet added.

“What do you know?” Ran asked.

“We know that it was a man from the way Doctor Smith was talking,” Heather offered.

“We also know that he did something to us that made us have to do what he said,” Janet continued. “I remember he made us have the best sex of our lives.” The two girls smiled at each other and then turned back to the two men.

“Excuse me for asking this,” Drew stated, “but do you remember anything of why you were brought to the hospital?”

“Not exactly,” Janet said, “I did hear a nurse say that we were screaming violently, but I was asleep at the time.”

“Please let me explain,” Heather offered, “the gentleman who put us in the hospital did something to our memory. He gave us a photographic memory of everything but of himself and the pain he caused us. We both can recall everything in our lives since we became conscious of our own existence, and that includes the times when we are asleep. What we can’t remember is anything dealing with this man who used this Cupid’s Breath on us.”

“How do you know it’s called Cupid’s Breath?” Ran asked.

“We heard Doctor Smith calling it that when we were asleep,” Janet offered.

“I don’t wish to offend anyone, but if I knew something like this was in the world and could give me a photographic memory like I have now, I would have actively sought it out.”

Drew grumbled and then asked Heather, “How do you feel about this whole situation?”

“I forgive the guy,” Heather stated. “I’m sure that I’ll be able to retake a test that I’ve missed, after all I’ll have a doctor’s note. Then as long as I skim the book and attend the lectures I know I’ll ace any test. Considering my grades of late this was the best thing to happen to me.”

“We were hoping to get released, tonight if possible,” Janet asked.

“We’ll talk with the doctor,” Drew said.

Ran was staring off into the distance and then focused on the girls. “What was it like?” Ran asked. “Before you were told to sleep, when you were forced to make love to each other, what was it like having to do what you were told?”

“It was like,” Heater stared to say and then stopped and looked at Janet.

“It was like going down a funnel,” Janet offered. “We were told to do something and if we tried to resist we were forced back to doing what we were told.”

“Force how?” Drew asked.

Janet and Heather looked at each other and a grimace like they smelled something unpleasant crossed their faces. “It’s tough to explain,” Heather said. “If we didn’t do what we were told an unpleasant feeling would come over us. To avoid the unpleasantness we had to do what we were told.”

“Well I have no more questions,” Drew said snapping his notebook closed.

“I do need something from the two of you,” Ran said putting down his forensics kit and opening it up. He stood up and raised both hands above his head and triumphantly announced, “urine samples, fresh ones too!”

“Is that a tool box?” Janet asked pointing at Ran’s forensics kit.

“Yes,” Ran said enthusiastically handing over the plastic containers to the girls. “My boss uses a tackle box, but I like the bright red color.”

“I’ll go talk to the doctor about releasing you,” Drew said as the two women went into the bathroom together.

A few minutes later Drew came back to Ran having a passionate discussion with the two girls about a reality show on the TV. “Good news,” Drew offered, “you’re both going to get out of here soon. The doctor I talked to said that as long as the both of you called in every six hours that you could go home, or back to your dorm room.”

“What about our cloths?” Heather asked. “These gowns aren’t that warm.”

“I’ll talk to the nurses about getting you some cloths,” Drew said as Ran came over to talk with him privately.

In a huddle Ran said, “I think I really missed out accelerating though college, these women are hot.”

“They’re lesbians,” Drew offered.

“I am aware of that,” Ran said.

“Betty would kill you and make it look like an accident,” Drew offered again.

“You are really a kill joy you know that,” Ran shot back. “I tested their urine for Cupid’s Breath. Donna’s test didn’t show any signs that they have been exposed. I’m at a loss here.”

Drew was silent for a while and then asked, “You said that the guy called you to tell you about what was going on here at the hospital. Did you get an address for the phone number?”

“It came back to the PAC,” Ran said. “I said I was at a loss here, not anywhere else.”

Drew got out of his car and looked up at the large brick building. “This isn’t good,” he said to Ran as the young man hopped out of the van. “If this guy does have a form of Cupid’s Breath that can affect a person’s memory and doesn’t have any side effects when the person is going through withdraw and we can’t test for it, we are screwed. He could have been calling from here just as he was about to make the entire women’s volleyball team his sex slaves.”

“And they call me perverted,” Ran said bounding up the snow covered steps of the PAC with his red forensics kit in hand.

“With good reason,” Drew called out trying not to slip on the snow covering the concrete steps.

“What took you so long?” Ran asked as he stood by the two phones and was putting on a pair of gloves.

“Curse this unnatural desire to keep my skull intact,” Drew retorted.

“I found something,” Ran stated and reached into the garbage can next to the phones. He came out with a pink plastic card that had the word ‘Visitor’ written on it. “He was here.”

“We knew that, he made a call from here,” Drew stated.

“Speaking of which, I need to get someone to open this phone so I can collect the quarters,” Ran said reaching for his own cell phone.

“I’ll go around and see if anyone knows anything,” Drew offered.

29

Jason was smiling as he walked through the snow. The light from the street lamps reflected off the white stuff giving an angelic glow all around. To Jason it was perfect. The only way to make it more perfect for him was if the woman walking next to him was his girl friend and had not hit him square in the eye.

“Should I apologize?” Karen asked.

“For what?” Jason asked back.

There was a pause before Karen said, “Well I did just give you a black eye.”

“It’s not black yet,” Jason answered back. “I was told never to apologize for what happens when boxing.”

“Well yes that’s the rule,” Karen admitted.

“Besides I saw you holding your ribs and jaw when we were finished,” Jason said with a grin on his face.

“You have one wicked uppercut,” Karen stated.

Jason held open the door to the yellow dorm and let Karen in. As soon as Karen opened the door to her room an exclamation came out, “My God what happened!” Abigail was gazing with her jaw hanging open at the large red welt that was forming over Jason’s left eye.

“I didn’t duck,” Jason answered. Karen chuckled at that.

“Well excuse me if I am concerned about you,” Abigail replied with her hands on her hips.

“Why don’t I let you two love birds hash it out,” Karen said leaning around the door to grab her towel and toiletries bag.

“I’m headed over to Jason’s, probably for the night,” Abigail stated.

“Ah, a restful nights sleep,” Karen said as she walked away, leaving Abigail and Jason to wonder if Karen meant for herself or Abigail.

Abigail and Jason looked at each other and Jason said, “I need to take a shower too.”

“I could join you,” Abigail offered pressing her body up against his. She then smelled him. “Okay you need to take a shower. Just so I can dirty you up again.”

Abigail was reading on Jason’s bed when he got back from taking his shower.

He had a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair was sticking to his head in wet clumps. Jason closed the door behind him and removed the towel to show his erect penis. Abigail looked at it with a hungry smile and then pulled her dress off.

Jason embraced his woman and gave her a kiss on the lips. “Now that we’re both naked, what do you want to do?” Jason asked.

“I want to suck you cock,” Abigail replied in a sexy sultry voice.

Abigail dropped down to her knees and took the erect member in her mouth. The heat the warmth and he still smelled like soap. Abigail felt filled with such explosive arousal she knew she would climax giving Jason a blow job. She sucked on the tip of his cock, and ran her hand down his shaft. She sucked in his member and ran her hand down his long hot rod. Abigail’s pussy was dripping with arousal. She wanted him, she wanted all of him.

Jason let his seed fly into Abigail’s mouth and she drank it up. She put her lips to his cock and sucked in the spray of semen like it was from a drinking fountain. Abigail ran her hand up and down Jason’s cock like she was milking a cow. Her arousal reached its peak and thrust over. Her orgasm shook her legs and made her jerk her mouth off Jason’s cock. Abigail moaned as her eyes rolled back in her head and the whites showed. She lost control of her muscles and came to her senses in the arms of her lover.

“Feel better?” Jason asked.

“I feel better every time I do that,” Abigail smiled as she swallowed the last of Jason’s seed.

Jason lifted Abigail onto the bed and rested her there. “Well I know how much you’d like to do more fun stuff but I have a test I need to study for,” Jason said.

Abigail frowned and admitted, “I have to study for a test too. I figured something like this would happen so I did brink my books.”

“That’s my girl,” Jason smiled at her and she smiled back.

An hour later, Jason took a rest from studying and looked over at Abigail studying on his bed, nude. She was lying on her stomach with her bare rump in the air. Her spine was straight and surrounded by supple flesh without a mark on it. She was reading every word on a page twice before turning to the next page. Jason looked down at his own book. He’d studied chemistry since he learned what science was, and now he was finally using that science for a purpose. Jason, also nude, reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his Cupid’s Breath point two.

Without a second thought Jason put a drop of the chemical on his tongue. The taste was worst than anything Jason had ever had before. A light headed feeling came over Jason and he realized that it was the fourth time that day he had used his Cupid’s Breath point two. Jason wanted to amend his earlier assumption that he should only use it five times a day to only four times a day.

“Fletch,” Jason said to Abigail.

“Yes Shadow,” Abigail said turning on her side to look at Jason. Her breasts hung out on her chest and her long smooth body seemed sensual lying flat.

“I love you,” Jason said with a smile at her.

Abigail smiled wide with her eyes sparkling. “I love you too,” she said her whole body moving as she spoke.

“You love me,” Jason said, just making sure that he said it as a command. “I mean you love me more than you’ve ever loved anyone else in your life.”

“Of course I do,” Abigail said getting up from the bed and coming over to Jason. She sat down on his lap and wrapped her arms around him. “You’re the kindest person I know. You think of me as much if not more than yourself. I’ve never had a boyfriend like that. My last boyfriend, Jack, was a complete ass compared to you.”

“I want you to know something,” Jason said serious and looking into her eyes. “I will never have another woman other than you.”

“That’s so sweet,” Abigail said giving her man a kiss. “I’ll remind you of that when the aspiring models club has their annual show.”

Jason hugged Abigail, his bare flesh against hers. A pounding in his heart was flowing love through his body. Jason glanced at the clock on his desk. Sunday at two in the morning he would have to give Abigail another dose of Cupid’s Breath point two.

That night, when Abigail was asleep after over an hour of lovemaking Jason got out of bed. He went to his desk and lifted the metal up just enough to unscrew the foot on the leg of the desk. Out dropped the small bottle of the original Cupid’s Breath, and Jason took it over to the sink in his room.

Without hesitation Jason squirted the old Cupid’s Breath into the sink until the bottle was empty. Jason washed out the bottle with water, drawing the water in through the tip, and swirling it around before squirting it back out. Jason reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out his Cupid’s Breath point two. Abigail slept on as Jason drew the Cupid’s Breath point two into the small bottle. For Jason there seemed to be something poetic about putting the new in with the old. Jason put the bottle of Cupid’s Breath point two back in his jacket, and then the small bottle into the leg of his desk. With that done Jason climbed back into bed, nest to the warm nude figure of his slave.

30

The next morning Ran looked tired and unhappy. Before him was a series of coins in rows and columns. Ran sighed as he compared the prints off the coins to the prints off the pink visitor’s card from the hospital.

“Ran,” George said coming up behind him. “That car crash last night, of an SUV verses compact car, what was your conclusion of the evidence?”

Ran looked up startled and then said, “The SUV and the compact were on the wrong sides of the road. The compact had slid left of center and the SUV had over corrected and gone left of center. I’m sorry. I’m tired from last night. Why do you ask?”

“The compact car driver just died at the hospital,” George said with a touch of sympathy. “Forward the info to homicide. What are you working on here?”

Ran seemed distracted and then replied, “There have been developments in the Cupid’s Breath case. The guy that used the Cupid’s Breath called me last night and told me he came up with a new type of Cupid’s Breath that doesn’t have any side effects and lasts longer. Not only that I think this new stuff can affect a person’s memory too. The guy used the stuff on the two guards watching over Clarkson and Merman, the two girls at the hospital, and made them forget about him. Then somehow gave Clarkson and Merman total recall of everything but the pain and suffering he caused them.”

“I tracked the call back to the physical activity center at the university,” Ran sighed. “Drew thinks that this guy is going after better and more women at the PAC. I think that the guy is leaving town.”

“Leaving town,” George repeated a little shocked, “why?”

Ran shook his head and said, “He told me not to worry that it was over. He also called the stuff Cupid’s Breath point two. If he was smart he would head for Hawaii or Florida, get out of Ohio and go someplace warm.”

George inhaled through his nose and let it out slowly. “I don’t think so,” George said evenly. Ran looked up at him curious. “Let’s think about this.

The first time we know that the guy uses is on the two women at the coffee shop, but that’s after we suspect that he recreated the stuff. Why remake something you’re not sure works? I think he used the Cupid’s Breath on someone, one person. He then recreated Cupid’s Breath to keep this person. He thinks that he’s in love with whoever it is. Then he finds out that there are nasty side effects to Cupid’s Breath and feels guilty. We know that because he went to the hospital and used another dose on the two girls there. He made a new Cupid’s Breath that would cure withdraw from the original Cupid’s Breath, but also can control people as well as their memories.”

George let out a sigh and then added, “He’s here for a woman he loves. If she is under his control, then he won’t have a reason to leave.”

“I’m open to suggestions as to what to do next,” Ran almost begged.

George thought for a moment and then answered, “Make sure that the campus security is reporting anything out of the ordinary. Keep an ear out for anything odd. If anything goes on at the campus I want you to go there immediately, no matter what you’re doing.”

“Right sure, anything else?” Ran asked.

“When did you leave last night?” George asked.

“I left this morning around three. That’s about when I finished the paperwork on everything,” Ran replied.

“Well finish up this stuff, send that car crash info off, and go home and start your weekend early,” George replied.

“Thanks,” Ran responded. “Say, where is Alice Cooker anyhow?”

“She took the Cupid’s Breath we have back to Washington,” George said. “She left yesterday afternoon in an armored car. Agent Cooker did say she would be back on Monday. I’m taking bets as to if she really will be.”

“What’re the odds?” Ran asked.

“Even money,” George replied.

“But me down for ten bucks saying she won’t be here Monday,” Ran said with a grin. “Knowing her attitude I imagine she’ll do everything in her power to make sure she doesn’t have to come back to this boring place.”

31

Friday, nothing much happened. Abigail and Jason went off to class, and met up later that night. Jason treated Abigail to a movie where most of the time they were making out in back. Saturday Abigail had a long report she had to write so she left Jason to his own devices but promised to meet up for dinner at eight. About two in the afternoon on Saturday Jason wondered over to see Karen.

“Abbey isn’t here,” Karen said closing and locking the door, “she’s at the library working on a paper.”

“I know,” Jason said, “and that’s a good thing. I need to see how the Cupid’s Breath point two is holding up.”

“I’ve been waiting for this, well get on with it,” Karen said. She had on a tight pair of blue shorts and a tight white T-shirt with a pink bunny on the front. Her hair was done up in two pony tails and she wasn’t wearing shoes or socks. The muscles of her body bunched and pulled with even the slightest movement she made.

“Okay,” Jason said and snapped his fingers.

“I want to be fucked by you,” Karen said automatically. “Well damn it, that sucks.”

“Well according to the calculations you should have another two hours to go,” Jason replied. “Let’s try this, Karen, get on your knees.”

Karen immediately got down on her knees and looked up at Jason. “It’s the same,” She said. “I feel nothing, and then as soon as you tell me something I just do it, without thinking about resisting. As soon as I understand the words you say, wham, I’m doing it.”

“Well you can get up off your knees now,” Jason said and Karen did so. “I’ll make periodic checks to see if you still are under my control. I have some homework to do anyhow.”

“What, you’re going to do it here?” Karen said a little surprised.

“Sure, why not? If anyone asks, I’m waiting for Abigail to come back,” Jason offered, sitting down on Abigail’s bed.

“Why do you call her that?” Karen asked sitting down at her desk.

“Call who, what?” Jason requested clarification.

“You always call Abbey, Abigail. No one else does, but you do. Why?” Karen asked.

“I just felt that her name is her own,” Jason responded, “besides I have another name for her when we’re alone.”

“I don’t need to hear that,” Karen stated turning back to her books.

Jason cracked open one of his books and started doing one of the problems. Fifteen minutes went by and Jason started thinking to test Karen again. Jason cleared his throat, and Karen didn’t respond. “Karen, cup your breasts,” Jason ordered.

Karen immediately cupped her small breasts and turned to Jason with a less than amused look on her face. “You could at least make me think this is funny,” Karen said with her hands at her chest.

“I think it’s funny,” Jason said with a grin.

“Well the fact I don’t have breasts is a sore point for me,” Karen replied and then nodded to her chest. “Do you mind?”

“Oh sorry, feel free to have control over your hands again,” Jason said and Karen took her hands away and shook them like they were wet. “What do you mean your breasts are sore points?”

Karen grumbled and then answered without looking at Jason, “I started exercising when I was young. I looked at how fat people were around me, my teachers, friends, and even the other parents were fat. My parents are health nuts, so I started working out, and in truth I never really got fat. I have what is referred to as low body fat, dangerously low. I take hormones to keep me from looking like a man. Regardless with since breast tissue is mostly fat, and I have very little fat on me, I don’t have breasts.”

“Karen,” Jason said and she looked at him, “if exercising makes it so you don’t have breasts, why don’t you exercise less and eat more cheese?”

“Asshole,” Karen shot back, “it’s not just the exercising. It is also genetic. I was told by the doctors that even if I stopped exercising and ate more cheese, I would still have very low body fat. I am what every woman wants, to be thin. I however don’t see anything great about it since my chest is flatter than a coffee table.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know,” Jason said and gave a sad smile.

“Well hell you think this is something I advertise? You think I have a T-shirt that says I have an imbalance in my body so I can’t produce enough fat?” Karen joked. “If I didn’t exercise I would look like a skeleton, so I’ll take people saying I’m over muscular to I’m the walking dead any day.”

They both had a chuckle at that and went back to their homework. Later on Jason said, “Karen, I want you to believe that you are completely naked without a stitch of clothing on you, and I want you to forget that you were told this.”

Karen glanced down at her body and saw herself naked. “What the hell?” She exclaimed. Karen looked up at Jason with anger in her eyes as she covered over the important parts of her body. “How the hell did you do that?” She demanded as she turned away and grabbed a robe from off the door.

“Do what?” Jason asked innocently.

“Oh I don’t know, made me take off all my cloths,” Karen said tying the robe on.

“Karen, see your body as it really is,” Jason commanded.

Karen looked down and a very mad expression crossed her face as she pulled the robe off. “That’s not funny,” Karen said hanging up her robe. “I thought that you had really made me take off my cloths. For a second I thought that you had really made me strip naked before you.”

“And what makes you think that I’m not making you think you really have cloths on?” Jason asked testing her.

“Because I can feel them on my body,” Karen replied.

“So what’s with you and being naked anyhow?” Jason asked.

“I just don’t like showing off my body to people. I never really have,” Karen said sitting down at her desk. “If you don’t mind I have to study this for Monday.”

“You have a photographic memory now, so what’s the problem?” Jason asked.

“The problem is I want to go for a run, and I want to finish this before the PAC closes,” Karen replied focusing on her book.

Some time later Jason looked at the clock. Karen had been under his power for fifty-two hours, so Jason tried something. “Karen, dance for me,” Jason said.

“Only if it is on your grave,” Karen shot back. Then both of them realized what had just happened. “Holy Shit, I don’t have to do what you say,” Karen said with a huge grin, “cool.”

“Okay just one more test,” Jason said closing his book and sitting up. He snapped his fingers.

“I want to be fucked by you,” Karen immediately said. A look of abject horror filled her face. “Jason, what the hell is going on?”

“I’m not sure,” Jason said concerned. “Karen, do twenty push ups, now.”

Karen paused for a moment and then looked at Jason and shook her head. “That’s weird,” She said. “Now it seems like you’re just talking to me, and I can choose if I want to do what you say or not. Before it was like I didn’t even contemplate a choice, I just did it.”

“Yet when I snap my fingers,” Jason said and snapped his fingers.

“I want to be fucked by you,” Karen said again.

“You continue to say that phrase,” Jason contemplated this. “What was it I exactly said to you about snapping my fingers?”

“You said, ‘Karen, whenever I snap my fingers you will say, “I want to be fucked by you.” It won’t matter what you’re saying or doing, you will have to say, “I want to be fucked by you” whenever I snap my fingers.’ This total recall thing is handy,” Karen said.

“Holy shit,” Jason said realizing what was going on. “It stuck. I gave you a command and you followed it, and apparently you will continue to follow it until, well I don’t know for how long.”

“Okay, a little help here,” Karen requested confused.

“It’s like this,” Jason said moving his hands in chopping motions as he talked. “While you are under my control of the Cupid’s Breath point two you have to do whatever you are told to do. As long as you are under the effect of Cupid’s Breath point two you have to do what you are told, but when the effects ware off you have your free will back, but any command given while you were under my control will still be followed.”

Karen blinked her eyes and then said, “Could you put that in simpler terms, please.”

“Your brain will still obey the commands I gave you while you were under my control using Cupid’s Breath point two, but will not accept anything new,” Jason said.

“What, so as long as I live whenever you snap your fingers I’ll have to say, ‘I want to be fucked by you.’ Well change it,” Karen demanded. “Abbey is my best friend, and as long as the two of you are together I have a feeling we will see each other. I don’t want to say something seriously inappropriate around Abbey.”

Jason thought for a moment and then said, “It would require me giving you another dose of Cupid’s Breath point two.” Karen stared at Jason with hate in her eyes. “If you’re okay with that I’m okay with that,” Jason said reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out the bottle.

“I’m okay with that,” Karen said a softness entering her voice. “I just don’t like the idea that I have no control over my actions.”

“There is good news in this,” Jason said popping the top on the bottle. “I know that the effects of this stuff lasts fifty-two hours instead of fifty-three, and that you have shown no visible withdraw.”

“No, I feel fine,” Karen commented.

Jason put a drop of the foul tasting substance on his tongue and said, “That’s good. Karen from now on you will not have to say anything whenever I snap my fingers.”

Karen looked relieved. “Test it out,” She demanded. Jason snapped his fingers and a relaxed smile crossed Karen’s face. “Thank you,” she said with a real smile.

“Well I’m headed over to my room so you can study,” Jason said.

“Is Abbey staying with you tonight?” Karen asked.

“She probably is, I need to give her another dose of Cupid’s Breath point two around midnight,” Jason said.

“Good I’ll have another night’s rest to myself,” Karen replied. “Of course you could make it a little more entertaining for me.”

“What? You want some Cupid’s Breath point two?” Jason asked.

“No, but I’ll consider it for next weekend. I was thinking that since I am under your control again, how about giving me some great dreams tonight,” Karen suggested.

Jason smiled as he packed up his backpack. “Karen, tonight make sure to set your alarm clock to wake up tomorrow morning. When you go to sleep tonight you will have the most fit and restful sleep you have ever had, and will wake up only by your alarm. You will wake up feeling more refreshed than you have ever had before, and will be able to remember any dreams you have had vividly. Your dreams tonight will be the most erotic you can imagine. These dreams will be so erotic and will turn you on so much that you will have multiple orgasms in your sleep. You won’t make any loud sounds thou. Your dreams will be hot, titillating, amorous, fervid, raunchy, arousing—.”

“I get the point,” Karen yelled.

“Sorry,” Jason said with a grin. “These erotic dreams will be your greatest sexual fantasies, and the orgasms will be the best ones you have ever had in your life.”

Karen grinned and said as Jason put on his coat, “I just might skip my run for tonight, and go straight to sleep.”

That night Jason met up with Abigail and had dinner together. Jason gave Abigail another dose of Cupid’s Breath point two, without her noticing. Abigail slept fitfully that night in Jason’s arms, on Jason’s bed, and with Jason’s cock pushing against her body. Sunday morning Abigail went back to her room and found Abigail changing the sheets on her bed with the window to the room open to air out the room.

32

Monday morning came around and Ran was back to his old self. He breezed into the lab with his voice full of song, in German. He walked over to where George’s office and looked in to see the boss on the phone. Ran, being himself, put his hand to his face in the shape of a phone, and starting mouthing into it. George continued to talk on the phone while tossing his pens at the wild youth.

“That was the president of the United States, wasn’t it, don’t lie to me,” Ran said pointing his finger at George.

“My wife always said that it was calmer here than in Atlanta,” George said and looked Ran in the eyes, “of course she doesn’t have to work with you every day.”

“How is Amelia doing?” Ran asked taking on the expression of a day time talk show host.

“Amelia said that she’s getting use to working for an incinerator plant, even if all she does is keep the books,” George answered. “There haven’t been any protestors for a few months now.”

“Those people go to warmer climates when Ohio starts getting below fifty degrees, for a high temperature,” Ran said with a grin. “Is there an arraignment set for that car crash the other night, or am I just being delusional?”

“Yes, you are delusional,” George said first. “You won’t have to be at the arraignment since the SUV driver is pleading guilty of vehicular homicide. The poor guy admitted to expecting to slide on the snow, and didn’t.”

“Two white cars in the white snow at night is not a pretty picture. I know I took several of them,” Ran agreed.

Just then the phone on George’s desk rang, and he picked it up. George pulled over a pad of assignment paper and wrote out the information. George put down the phone and ripped off the slip of paper to hand to Ran. “At the university, a woman jumped off the building and impaled herself on a light poll. Drew is already there,” George said.

“I’m on my way,” Ran stated and then with his hands out before him, like he was flying, whooshed off in the direction of the mobile laboratories.

Ran drove on campus, and then onto the walkways that led to Hancock Hall, one of the science buildings. The yellow police tape was about twenty-five yards away from where Ran could see a figure on top of a black light fixture, with benches around the poll. Ran got out of the van after stopping right at the tape. The first thing Ran did was open the van, and pull out a folding table and set up his clipboards and fingerprint kit.

Drew walked over from the crowd around the yellow tape and talked low to Ran. “What a way to start the week,” Drew said quietly.

“Who’s been in?” Ran asked. It was a standard question for him. For Ran, he needed to know who had been in the crime scene to document what they touched or handled in the way of evidence.

“Just my guys,” Drew said in a quiet voice. “I also have officers at every door to the building making sure no one goes in or out. Listen I think that this woman, Susan Roofer, might have been under the influence of Cupid’s Breath. Is there any way you can do that test now? Also, try not to talk. I’ll explain in a minute.”

Ran shrugged his shoulders and grabbed his forensics kit and a pair of gloves. For the first time Ran saw what happened. The woman, an overweight woman with short blond hair, no older than twenty-one, had jumped off the roof of Hancock Hall, and was completely nude. She landed with her legs apart and the sharp peek of the lamp had gone in right between her thighs. Blood and awful had run down the black poll and was lost behind the cork boards around the lamp post. The top of the lamp had come out the woman’s back, just below the ribs, and she was slumped forward like a rag doll.

Ran checked to make sure that he wouldn’t step in anything and then reached up and touched the clear line of liquid that came from between the woman’s legs. When a body dies the muscles in a person’s bowels loosen, and what was inside comes out. Often that discharge is called awful for lack of a better term. Ran saw as the urine changed the yellow strip to red, and looked up to Drew.

Drew nodded his head and spoke softly, “I was afraid of that. Try not to look conspicuous but the guy behind me in the red T-shirt, blue jeans, a gray coat, and a black eye, take a good look at him.”

Ran scanned the crowd and then his eyes registered the man Drew was talking about. He had dark hair, a round head, glasses, and was a dead ringer for the man they had been looking for. “Damn it,” Ran said turning back to Drew. “That’s him. This doesn’t make any sense thou.”

“That’s not important right now,” Drew countered quietly. “Do you think you can recognize his voice if he talked to you?”

“Yes, but hang on Drew,” Ran said. “This guy has a new form of Cupid’s Breath that Donna’s test couldn’t pick up. This means that this is the old version of Cupid’s Breath. He wouldn’t have a reason to be using it.”

“We’ll worry about that later,” Drew replied. “Right now I want this guy’s name and info. He told me his name was Jason Simpson, and that he’s a chemistry student here. I want you to take his fingerprints to make a positive match.”

Ran nodded his head and offered, “Make him cross the tape and I’ll have to get his fingerprints and all his information down on one of my forms.”

“That’ll work,” Drew said and turned around.

Ran went over to his card table and got his fingerprint kit ready to go. Drew went over and asked Jason to duck under the tape. Drew led Jason over to where Ran was and said, “Mister Simpson this is Randell Dahl, he’s a forensic scientists. Please tell him exactly what you told me.”

Jason, visibly shaken and pale stammered a little and said, “I, um I was just coming to class. I didn’t, I didn’t see her jump. I knew Sue.”

“Susan Roofer,” Drew added.

“Yeah, Susan Roofer since I started college last year,” Jason said trying to catch his breath to talk. “I just heard her yell something like, ‘I need to fuck,’ and then she just landed like that on the light. Sue was never depressed, maybe a little when it came to her weight problem, but not enough to commit suicide.” Jason put his hand to his mouth and looked like he was trying to choke back tears.

“I know this is difficult for you Mister Simpson,” Drew said, “but I need you to fill out your information on that clip board, and we’ll need your fingerprints.”

“Yeah sure, anything to help,” Jason said taking the clip board with the white forms attached.

“There you are!” Alice Cooker’s voice screeched out. “God damn it, I come all the way back to Ohio and find you fuckers wasting time with a suicide.”

“Agent Cooker,” Drew said meeting the black woman at the tape, “please keep your voice down. This may have relevance to the case you’re working on.”

“What?” Alice said looking from Ran to Drew to Jason, who she didn’t recognize. “This has something to do with Cupid’s Breath?” Drew and Ran looked like they wanted to kill the woman. Jason almost dropped the clip board. “Fine, the woman jumped from the roof. Let’s go see what’s up there.” Alice ducked under the tape and pointed at Jason, “You, do you know how to get on the roof?”

“Well, yes,” Jason admitted.

“Show me, now!” Alice demanded striding past the dead woman on the light poll without a glance. Alice entered the building and went up the first flight of stairs before Drew, Ran, and Jason caught up with her. Alice paused at the second floor and looked through the double glass doors and said, “What the fuck is going on?”

The three men met up with Alice and saw through the window what she exclaimed about. The hallway was filled with withering bodies, all naked, on the cold floor, having sex. It was a frightening sight. Men and women, together, having a wild orgy where it didn’t matter who they were with. Moans of pleasure could be heard through the double pains of glass.

Ran couldn’t stand it any more. The young forensic scientist grabbed Jason by the front of his coat and threw him up against the wall of the stairwell.

“What did you do?” Ran demanded.

“What, nothing,” Jason said and then recognized the voice. “You, you’re the one on the phone.”

“And now I’m the one about to use my gun on you,” Ran said. “Why did you do this?”

“I didn’t, I didn’t do any of this,” Jason pleaded. “I swear to you. I haven’t done any of this.”

“Bull shit,” Alice said.

“If you didn’t do this,” Drew stated, “who did?”

“I don’t know,” Jason was near tears now. “I don’t know who did this, but they’re probably near the roof. That’s where Sue jumped.”

They went past the next few floors. On the third floor there was a ring of people, each with their face in between another person’s legs. There was nothing on the fourth floor, and then the top floor, the fifth floor there was something.

“Well shit it’s about time you showed up,” A young man said from the end of the very long hallway. His hair was short and blond, spiked up in a crew cut. His body was buff and thick like he exercised constantly. With a square jaw and a brick like head, he was what many women would call handsome.

Two women, naked were making out at his feet. Both women were attractive, and they were making love to each other like there was no tomorrow, which for them might have been the truth.

“Police freeze,” Drew said pulling out his handgun. Alice and Ran also pulled out their guns and pointed them down the long hallway at the blond man.

“Oh please,” the man said. “Ladies if those cops take one more step, rip your own throats out.” The women on the floor stopped making out and looked over at the four people, who instantly stood still.

“Shit,” Drew said through clenched teeth.

“I’m not a cop,” Jason said taking a step forward. The women on the floor didn’t move. “I’m just a student. Who are you, what the hell is going on?”

The blond man shook his head. “I don’t fucking believe it. She didn’t even keep a picture of me? She can be such a bitch sometimes,” The man said.

Jason put it together. “You’re Jack?” Jason almost asked taking another step forward.

“Jack Piker, Abbey’s long time boyfriend until you showed up. When she broke up with me I had to find out who was better than me. When I saw you I couldn’t believe it,” Jack said looking Jason up and down. “You’re a fucking geek.”

“I might be able to take him out from here,” Drew softly said.

Sound carried very well down the hallway to Jack’s ears. “I don’t think those cops are very smart,” Jack said. “Ladies stand up and put your fingernails to your neck. If those cops take one step or fire one shot I want you to rip at your necks until you’re dead.” All three law enforcement officials swore quietly as the woman stood up. Their bare feet were shoulder width apart and their breasts hung free on their chests. The woman put their sharp looking fingernails to either sides of their necks, and a look of fear and pain continued to cross over their faces.

“How the hell are you even able to do this?” Jason asked bewildered taking another step forward.

“How, why because of you, Jason,” Jack said with a mocking grin. I’d been following you for days, and then you left something on a table in the student union.” From his back pocket Jack produced a brown piece of paper. It was the instructions that Jason had written out for making the original Cupid’s Breath. “I grabbed it before a janitor could throw it away. Then I needed someone to tell me what the hell it was. Thankfully Sue was a very desperate woman.”

“She made the Cupid’s Breath for you,” Jason said taking another step forward.

“Sue was so easy to control, even without Cupid’s Breath,” Jack laughed. “She was so eager to please me that all I had to do was show her this paper and she got right to work making this shit.” Jack pulled out a small amber bottle with a glass eye dropper screwed on as the top. “Sue was my first test subject. Good God this stuff has made me into a god!” Jack leered at Jason as he said, “I am a god with the power over life and death, like the death I gave Sue.”

“You killed her,” Jason said in shock.

“Absolutely not,” Jack said acting offended. “Sue killed herself. I just told her that she needed to fuck something, and that jumping off the roof onto one of the lights outside would give her the greatest orgasm of her life.”

“You fucking asshole,” Jason swore as he took another step closer.

“I’m an asshole,” Jack replied. “You’re the asshole for taking my woman from me. Not only that you’re a fucking stupid asshole for having this stuff and not going after better woman. Abbey is sexy, but open your eyes. This campus is full of hot bitches, and with this stuff you can fuck any of them you want.”

“But there are dangers,” Jason warned. “After thirty-four hours the person goes through a violent withdraw that will surely kill them if they are not under a doctor’s care, and even then they have a good chance of dying.”

“What the fuck do I care about that?” Jack shot back. “I’ll fuck them, and leave them. I’ll fuck whoever I want. I’ll go to Hollywood and fuck every hot bitch in the movies.”

“It is also a poison,” Jason warned taking another step closer. He was getting close enough to see the terror in the women’s eyes as they continued to gaze upon the three people, still with their gun’s drawn and pointed down the hall. “You’ve probably taken too much by now. It’s killing off your own brain cells. Too much of it and you might die. Stop using it!”

“You can’t tell me what to do,” Jack said with a grin. “I can tell you what to do. With this stuff I can have anything and anyone I want. I just have a better vision of what I want than you. All you want is love. I want the world!”

“Sue’s dead,” Jason said taking another step forward, thirty feet to go. “Without her how will you make more Cupid’s Breath?”

“Gosh I never thought of that,” Jack said mocking. “I guess I’ll give myself up to the cops. What are you a fucking idiot? I’ll just find some other fucking bitch to make more of this fucking shit.” Jason took another step forward and Jack noticed. “There’s a reason why I came here this morning. I wanted to thank you Jason.”

Jason stopped his advance for a moment and asked, “Thank me, for what?”

“For giving me this formula,” Jack replied shaking the bottle.

“I didn’t give it to you,” Jason said taking another step forward, twenty feet to go.

“I say you did,” Jack said with a smile unscrewing the top. “What I say goes. I say you should have something back as a reward, like death.”

Jason ran full out at Jack, just as Jack put the glass dropper, full of the clear Cupid’s Breath. Jason, his two days of boxing training kicking in, gave Jack a full fist to the mouth. Teeth bit into the flesh on Jason’s hand, but Jason felt the glass dropper slip into Jack’s mouth. With all the force his body could muster Jason gave the blond man a iniquitous uppercut to the mouth. The muffled sound of glass breaking inside Jack’s mouth could just be heard. Jason covered Jack’s mouth, but not his nose as the large man’s breathing became ragged. Jack’s eyes shot out wide, and the man’s arms and legs shook like he was touching a live wire.

The shaking stopped and Jack’s legs and arms stopped shaking. He was still breathing, and Jason kept his hand over Jack’s mouth. Jack didn’t move, didn’t stir. The blond man just stared off into space. Jason felt along Jack’s neck, keep his other hand firmly over Jack’s mouth, and felt for a pulse. Jack was alive, even if no one was home.

“It’s been thirty seconds,” Ran called out from down the hall.

Jason released his hand from Jack’s mouth. A trickle of saliva mixed with blood and broken glass came out of Jack’s mouth. The man didn’t move, didn’t even blink. Jason stood up and realized that he was standing in between two naked women, with their hands still at their necks.

Drew was on his phone saying, “We need an ambulance to the fifth floor of Hancock Hall, come up the back way.”

“Jason,” Ran called out, “you said you had a cure for Cupid’s Breath?”

“What cure?” Alice demanded.

“Yes,” Jason replied.

“You’d better be telling the truth, because we need it right now,” Ran said.

“Um, I have it, right here,” Jason said pulling the white plastic bottle from his pocket.

“Well get it over here so we can move our legs again,” Ran demanded.

With Jack at his feet, women to either side of him, and cops down the hallway Jason just wanted to run. He wanted to run far away from this. Jason just wanted to take Abigail in his arms and hold her as he ran far away from the turmoil that he caused. With the Cupid’s Breath point two in his hands, Jason knew that he could.

“I can’t,” Jason said down the hallway.

“You’d better have one damn good reason,” Ran replied.

Jason hesitated and then said, “Cupid’s Breath doesn’t work from that far away. I’ll have to use it on them.” Jason popped the top on the bottle and let a drop hit his tongue. “Ladies,” Jason said. He could just order them to continue to follow Jack’s commands for the next hour. That would give Jason more than enough time to run away with Abigail. “Jack’s commands ignore them.”

There was the briefest hesitation and then both women fell to the floor crying as they rolled into fetal positions. Drew was faster than anyone else as he ran to Jason and ripped the bottle from the young man’s hands. Drew capped the bottle just as Ran made it up to the two of them, with Alice not far behind.

“Will someone tell me what the hell is going on?” Alice demanded.

Drew and Ran were focused on Jason, so Jason spoke, “I was told about the violent withdraw a person has from the original Cupid’s Breath, so I made a better one that doesn’t have any withdraw, counteracts commands from the original Cupid’s Breath, and lasts longer.”

“Excuse me but did either of you two fuckers think to bother and tell me about this?” Alice said to Drew and Ran.

“You weren’t around,” Ran said evenly. “Okay Jason, what was that about this new Cupid’s Breath not working from a distance?”

“Neither Cupid’s Breath will work from a distance,” Jason said and all three pairs of eyes were on him. “I thought you would already know all this?”

“Well try telling us about this new stuff then,” Drew demanded.

“Okay,” Jason agreed. “The person has to be close enough to smell you, and then they have to do what you say. It’s not like the original Cupid’s Breath. This stuff that I call Cupid’s Breath point two will make a person accept your commands without even realizing they are under your control. If you give them a command that lasts longer than the fifty-two hours that Cupid’s Breath point two lasts, then they will still follow that command. It also has no withdraw at all.”

“That’s great, so we can’t get everyone in one room and use it on them,” Alice complained.

“Also,” Jason added, “you shouldn’t use it more than four times. On the fourth time you’ll feel a little light headed, and I don’t even want to think about what happens if you use it a fifth time.”

“Anything else,” Ran asked.

Jason seemed to think for a moment and then added, “It tastes awful.”

“Okay I’m taking you down town,” Drew said grabbing Jason by the arm.

“I’m being arrested, aren’t I,” Jason said with his head lower but his gut feeling rock bottom.

“Don’t make me slap the cuffs on you,” Drew warned.

33

Jason sat alone in the holding cell, and felt like the lowest worm on Earth. Through the bars that were painted tan to match the cinderblocks around him Jason watched the TV in the corner of the large room. The noon news had carried the report of Sue’s apparent suicide, but someone had tipped the reporter off that she was under the influence of a type of drug and there would be a press conference later that day. Jason felt his insides twisting in knots. It if wasn’t for him, Sue would be alive. If it wasn’t for him, all those people in Hancock Hall wouldn’t have been forced to participate in an orgy. If it wasn’t for him, Jack would still be up and about, and with Abigail.

Jason wanted to cry.

“I’m going to call you Jason from now on,” A large black man said at Jason’s cell. He looked serious with a bundle of papers and a clip board under his arm. “My name is George Minor. I’m in charge of the forensics laboratory. Because of you I had to document and fingerprint one hundred and sixty-four coins, so you’re not my best friend at the moment.”

“I’m sorry,” Jason said lowering his head.

“Tell me about Cupid’s Breath, the original one,” George demanded.

“What do you want to know?” Jason asked.

“Let’s start with why you bought it off that drug dealer to begin with,” George offered.

“Um, I really wasn’t after something like that,” Jason admitted. “I just wanted something to make me feel better about how pitiful my life is. I had been in college for a year and a half, and I still hadn’t even been on one date with a woman. I just got back from Christmas vacation and found out that one of my high school friends was pregnant with her second child. It really made me feel like crap, so I went to get something to make me feel better. I had never bought drugs before in my life, so I tried to calm down by making a joke about get a woman to take her close off for me. I was shocked when he told me he had something to make a woman my slave. It turned out to be Cupid’s Breath. He never told me about how violent withdraw was, I swear it. If I had known, I would never have used it.”

“Then what did you do?” George asked watching the young man squirm.

Jason hesitated and then admitted with a sigh, “I used it on a woman I’d been attracted to for a long time.”

“Name,” George demanded.

Jason had to relax his jaw and say, “Abigail Jones, she’s a college student too. I swear I would never have used it on her if I had known what would have happened if I had let too much time pass.”

“Then why make more Cupid’s Breath?” George asked.

Jason opened his mouth, but no words came out, so he closed it. Jason felt his body deflate some and then looked up at George and with pleading eyes said, “I didn’t want to loose her. I love Abigail, and can’t imagine life without her. So, that’s why I figured out how to make Cupid’s Breath. I should never have gone out that night.”

“Your right, you shouldn’t have,” George agreed. He looked at his clip board and asked, “What about Heather Merman and Janet Clarkson, why did you use Cupid’s Breath on them?”

Jason jerked up his head and said in a simple sounding voice, “I just needed to test out the Cupid’s Breath I made. I knew that there would be someone down in the coffee shop in the humanity building, so I went there. I didn’t know about withdraw effects then either. I should have tested Cupid’s Breath out further.”

“Then what happened,” George asked.

“Um, that Dahl person, I called him offering to sell some Cupid’s Breath to him,” Jason said thinking. “That’s when he told me about how fierce withdraw from Cupid’s Breath was. I went to the hospital where the two girls were, and gave them another dose, just to make them stop screaming. After that I went to work on a cure.”

“That’s the Cupid’s Cure then,” George offered.

“I called it Cupid’s Breath point two,” Jason stated.

“That’s too long, we’re calling it Cupid’s Cure from now on Jason,” George stated with a tone that said he wouldn’t be defied.

“Okay, I worked on Cupid’s Cure,” Jason agreed. “I used a combination of programs from the chemistry department, physics department, and a computerized simulation program that Doctor Long made.”

“Hang on, what was that name?” George stopped Jason.

“Doctor Long, he’s been at the university for a long time,” Jason said a little confused why they were talking about him. “He’s been working on a computer program to simulate the human body for over a decade now.”

“Okay so you came up with Cupid’s Cure,” George said writing the name Doctor Long down on his clipboard. “Why did you make it so you could still control minds?”

“That was a side effect that I guess you could say was either fortunate or unfortunate,” Jason stated. “The thing you have to understand is how the original Cupid’s Breath worked. Okay, Cupid’s Breath is a vapor on a person’s tongue, and sound waves go though it. Another person hears and smells the first person and their brain does this thing. The smell and sound opens mental passages to imprint that person who used Cupid’s Breath on the mind of the person who hears and smells them. For the next thirty-four hours any command given to the person affected will have to be followed otherwise they feel extreme pain. It is a basic pleasure pain response. They have to do what they are told, getting a little pleasure for obeying, or they are wracked with pain for not obeying. When a person goes through withdraw the pain overwhelms a person making them feel pain all through their body.”

“Cupid’s Cure counteracts that, right,” George offered.

“Yes,” Jason nodded his head. “I wanted to keep Cupid’s Cure as close to the original as possible so I didn’t have to do as much work. I was running out of time with Janet and Heather, so I just took what I already knew and told the computer what I wanted, and it spat out Cupid’s Cure. The fact that it could still allow a person’s mind to be controlled I considered a blessing.”

“Why,” George demanded showing his contempt for the young man.

“To make them forget the pain I caused,” Jason said a little guilty. “I couldn’t go back in time and stop Heather and Janet from suffering, but I could make them forget about it. I also was able to give them something that every college student would give their right arm for, total recall of their professor’s lectures.”

“You also made them forgive you,” George stated.

“What?” Jason thought for a moment and then honestly said, “I don’t think I said that. I pretty sure I didn’t tell them to forgive me.”

“Tell me about this Cupid’s Cure, how does it work?” George asked.

“It works like Cupid’s Breath,” Jason started. “A person puts it on their tongue, and then speaks to another person. That other person will hear and smell them, and their mind will be imprinted with them. The person who took the Cupid’s Cure will be imprinted so that any command they give will automatically be accepted into the other person’s mind. It’s like their entire mind is open from memory, to feelings, to believes, are controllable with Cupid’s Cure. The thing is for fifty-two hours any command given will be readily accepted, and after fifty-two hours the person will still be obeying the commands given. No new commands will be accepted thou.”

“Fifty-two hours,” George said writing that down on his clip board.

“A little less actually,” Jason added. “I didn’t have a chance to fully test Cupid’s Cure.”

“Okay,” George said standing up and putting his clip board under his arm, “I should let you know that we went into your room and took anything that looked like Cupid’s Breath or Cupid’s Cure. We also went into that lab you were using and did the same.” George yanked on the bars and the door came open. “Get out,” George ordered.

“What, why?” Jason asked.

“I’m about to make you an offer you can’t refuse,” George said grabbing the young man’s elbow. George led Jason out of the holding cell, past the interrogation rooms. George took a right turn and then a left, and guided Jason straight into a conference room. In the room were Drew, Ran, and Alice, and none of them looked happy.

Ran stood up, with a digital camera in his hands and pushed Jason against the blank wall. Ran took one picture of Jason’s head and then said, “Smile.”

“Why?” Jason looked confused.

“Well I haven’t kicked you in the nuts yet, so be happy,” Ran offered and Jason smiled for Ran’s picture.

“Sit down,” Drew said to Jason. Jason cautiously sat down in one of the padded leather chairs around the long oval table. Drew spoke up, “Do you have any idea how much trouble you’ve caused?”

“All those people at Hancock Hall, and Sue, yes I’m aware of what I did,” Jason admitted.

“Not just them,” Drew yelled at Jason. “There was the cheerleading squad at their house. We found all those girls in one massive orgy. Then there was the club for aspiring models that the men were screwing beer bottles and the women were screwing each other. If they didn’t have something going on, and were missed, they would probably be dead by now!”

“Jesus Christ,” Jason said trying to take it all in. “What about Jack? What happened to him?”

“He’s in the hospital right now in a type of coma,” George said putting his clip board down on the table and taking a seat. “The doctors aren’t sure if he’ll wake up or not.”

“I’m sorry,” Jason said putting his hands to his face. “What am I being charged with?”

“Nothing,” George said and Alice squirmed. Jason wasn’t sure he heard that correctly and looked at George confused. “Why don’t we have Agent Alice Cooker of the Drug Enforcement Agency explain things since she’s the one who fought so hard to make sure Cupid’s Breath wasn’t illegal?”

“Asshole,” Alice said in a whisper at George. “No, having and using Cupid’s Breath isn’t illegal.” Apparently Ran and Drew were also just finding this out by the looks on their faces.

“George,” Ran said in a child like voice, “how long have you known this?”

“Since I talked with Alice’s boss on Friday,” George said, “apparently no one wanted lawmakers to know about Cupid’s Breath.”

“With good reason,” Alice shouted. “Think about what it would be like if those corrupt politicians even knew about something that didn’t adversely affect them, and could control the people around. If we made it a federal crime then every politically motivated person would try and get their hands on Cupid’s Breath and use it on everyone else. I couldn’t let anyone have that much power.”

“So,” George continued, “no one under your control has been injured adversely, and since neither Heather Merman nor Janet Clarkson is going to be pressing charges against you, there’s nothing to hold you on. However, we can charge you for felony murder of Susan Roofer since you did indirectly have a hand in killing her.”

“I deserve it,” Jason admitted.

“We can and we will charge you, if you don’t go along with our plan,” George said and Jason’s head popped up. “Our plan is that you were working with the DEA on a cure to Cupid’s Breath. You reverse engineered Cupid’s Breath and that’s what Jack Piker stole, without your knowledge. You then came up with Cupid’s Cure. You will not breathe a word about how the person who is affected by Cupid’s Cure has to obey the person who took it. That will be a secret you will have to take to your grave. You will not tell anyone how to make Cupid’s Breath or Cupid’s Cure, ever. You are not to make either one, ever, and we’ll be checking up on you to make sure. Now, do we have a deal?”

“Absolutely,” Jason said.

A cell phone rang and everyone looked at George. “You had your phone on this entire time?” Ran commented.

“I turned my phone off yesterday,” Alice said with a mocking tone. George took the call standing up and going off into the corner of the conference room.

“Five bucks says it’s his wife,” Ran said.

“No deal,” Drew automatically said.

“No deal,” Alice also said.

Drew, Ran, and Alice all looked at Jason, sitting down and looking small. “Um, no deal,” Jason said.

“Good idea, your luck has stretched about as far as it will go,” Drew stated.

“Change of plans,” George said snapping his phone shut. “Alice, you really need to turn you cell phone back on. Your boss has been trying to contact you for the past day. You are to take the entire stock of Cupid’s Cure we have and take the first flight to Hollywood.”

“Why?” Alice commented. “Not that I’m really sorry to be leaving this hell hole you call Ohio, but why are you telling me this?”

“Because you shut off your phone,” George said and looked down at her belt, “and you still haven’t turned it back on yet. Peter Long, the person who originally invented Cupid’s Breath failed in his last appeal, so he apparently felt he had nothing left to loose. He got around a firewall on the prison’s library computer, and made his own web-site on how to make Cupid’s Breath. The site got over three thousand hits before it was shut down. Right now there are half a dozen women in Hollywood suffering from Cupid’s Breath withdraw.”

“Why not send one of your fucking looser of employees there,” Alice yelled.

“I’ve been flying back and forth all week. I’ve had to put up with this shit hole and the people who live in it. I deserve a little break.”

“I suggest you do as you are told,” George said and nodded at her phone. “I had a long talk with your boss on Friday, and I’m guessing you’re avoiding him. I mentioned how rude you’ve been to my employees, the other police officers, and me personally. I even made mention of how you impeded the investigation by taking the prints of pictures of Jason here without authorization. I have no doubt that if you don’t pull of this Hollywood assignment adequately then you are going to be demoted.”

Alice looked like she wanted to hit George. “I won’t forget this,” She said leaving the room.

“What was her name again?” Ran joked.

“Well Jason,” George said and smiling for the first time at him, “I think you’re about to become a hero.”

34

The sky was dark and full of stars as Jason got dropped off by the patrol car. Inside Jason felt like he was being frozen and thawed out at the same time. He wasn’t quite the hero that the news made him appear to be. Every network dutifully reported that Jason had been working with the DEA to come up with a cure to Cupid’s Breath. This corresponded perfectly with the report that Susan Roofer had killed herself because Jack had used Cupid’s Breath on her, and Jack got the Cupid’s Breath off the internet. Jason did some artful lying to get around the fact that Cupid’s Cure could control people more affectively than Cupid’s Breath.

Jason slid on some ice and sat down on the cold stone bench in the cold night air. He felt bad for Doctor Long. The doctor had been dragged in and asked about his brother, Peter Long. Doctor long had let his brother try out the humanoid program, and that’s how Peter Long was able to figure out how to make Cupid’s Breath. When Jason was before the podium facing the cameras he told how Doctor Long helped out immensely with creating Cupid’s Cure, and without Doctor Long’s help it would never have happened. That eased some of the tension on the good doctor.

“Jason Simpson,” a man in a long trench coat and a three piece suit said looming over Jason.

“Yes,” Jason said a little scared for a moment.

“My name is Howard Crow, I work for Johnson and Johnson,” The man said and sat down next to Jason. Howard had a large head, and his dark hair looked like rows of corn. Acne scars pocked the skin just above his cheek bones. For some reason his imperfections just seemed to accent is features. “You were the one who created Cupid’s Cure, correct?”

“Yeah, that was me,” Jason said with his head lowered and sadness filling his soul.

“Why so sad, you’re famous now,” Howard asked.

“I never wanted to be famous,” Jason said, not looking at the man in the expensive suit. “I needed to complete a task, and I did. Now, I’m going to be remembered for creating Cupid’s Cure, and not be given anything else to do but be remembered.”

“Well if you want a challenge, Johnson and Johnson have one for you, several in fact,” Howard stated. He pulled something out of his coat pocket and tapped Jason’s shoulder with it. Jason didn’t look at it as his hands wrapped around what turned out to be a business card. “Cheer up Jason, and call that number tomorrow after one o’clock. I was told you’re graduating at the end of the year, if that’s so we have a job opening for someone with your skills.”

Jason raised his head and then with a bewildered voice said, “You’re offering me a job?”

“Yes,” Howard replied standing up. “We can challenge you like you’ve never been before, and make some good money while you’re at it. Just call me tomorrow any time after one, and we’ll talk about an interview.”

“Thank you,” Jason said watching the man walk down the snow and ice covered sidewalk.

Jason pocketed the card and on rubbery legs stood up. He knew what he had to do. With a determination that seemed like a solid wall around his heart Jason walked straight for yellow dorm. Jason walked up the stairs and straight to Abigail’s door. Prepared for anything Jason knocked sharply on the wooden door.

“You’re in trouble,” Karen said when she opened the door.

Jason deflated like a popped balloon. “Where’s Abigail?” Jason asked.

“Do you really think she wants to see you?” Karen asked with a raised eyebrow. “Go home Jason, just go home, get drunk, and wake up with a hangover you deserve.” Karen closed the door in Jason’s face.

For a moment Jason considered exerting his control over Karen to make her tell him where Abigail was. Jason just turned around and left the building by the back way. The words kept ringing in Jason’s ears, to get drunk. He didn’t want to get drunk. He wanted the pain to go away. He wanted Abigail, in his arms, kissing him, and saying that she loved him. Jason wasn’t sure that was what would happen when he saw Abigail next. Jason went into his building and was sure that it would never again be with Abigail in his arms.

“Abigail,” Jason exclaimed when he saw who was leaning up against his door.

“What, no Fletch,” Abigail said without humor. She was clearly mad at him, and Jason was sure why. She was wearing her hair long, and along with a bright red jacket on her shoulders she also was wearing a bright yellow dress. There wasn’t a bit of black on her.

“I don’t deserve to call you that,” Jason said unlocking his room and seeing the receipt from the police of what they took as evidence sitting on Jason’s desk.

Abigail followed Jason inside, and just as Jason turned around from locking his door Abigail slapped him across the face. Jason stood there, and Abigail slapped him again, hard. The sharp crack of skin on skin and the red hot pain that radiated from Jason’s cheeks helped distract him from the pain in his heart. Abigail reached back to slap him again, but didn’t. She put down her hand and looked at Jason for a long time.

“You are such an asshole,” Abigail said.

“I am, and I am sorry,” Jason said. He turned his desk chair around and offered it to Abigail.

“I’ll stand thanks, but I might crush your skull with that later,” Abigail stated with her arms across her chest. “You want to tell me why, or should I just continue to slap you until I can’t feel my hands?”

Jason picked up his head and looked Abigail in the eyes when he said, “I love you.” The crack of skin on skin echoed in the small room. Abigail was shaking her hand since it hurt her to smack Jason that hard across the face.

“Don’t give me that shit,” Abigail yelled. “You don’t love me. I was just you sex slave. Admit it, you never loved me.”

“I do love you,” Jason said expecting a blow, but it didn’t come. “I’ve loved you since the day I met you.”

“Bull shit,” Abigail said pacing back and forth in the small room.

“The first day I laid eyes on you was my first day here at college,” Jason explained sitting down on his bed. “I was a young dumb fool. I thought I was hot stuff since I got into college early, and was able to test out of all those classes. I figured why not press my luck. I still remember it was a summer day, warm, hot really, and you were walking in the distance wearing a flowing yellow dress. You were with Karen, although I didn’t know either of your names then. I figured I would just go up to you, talk to you, and see if you were free to see a movie or something. Abigail, you have to understand, I had never even been out on a date with a woman before.

In high school I was an outcast and geek. I hoped that college would let me have a fresh start. I caught up with the two of you and I heard you say, ‘scientists have their place in society. Without them we wouldn’t have all this.’ At that moment I fell in love with you.”

Abigail’s eyes were burning holes in Jason’s head. She opened her mouth to say something, and then closed it. Abigail pursed her lips and started to tap her foot waiting for Jason to continue.

“As soon as I realized how beautiful you were,” Jason said and lowered his head, “I knew that I could never have you. I’m ugly, and that will never change. It was high school all over again. In my mind I was thinking that I had nothing to offer you. You have beauty and brains, and a future that is bright and full of hope and happiness. I’m going to be ugly forever and my future is in a lab someplace. We would never work out, so I didn’t say anything to you.”

“You scared little chicken shit,” Abigail stated.

“Yes,” Jason admitted. “Then this school year you started coming to the library every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at noon. I just wanted a glimpse of you, just something to know that beautiful people still think about us lower forms of life. Every time I saw you my heart would beat so fast I would get light headed. I still do.”

“You used Cupid’s Breath on me,” Abigail stated with her teeth clenched. “You did it so I would love you, right.”

“Yes,” Jason admitted. If he wasn’t sitting down he would have been slapped again. “I didn’t think it would work at first, and then I tripped and fell, and it worked on you. I am so sorry. If I had known about withdraw from Cupid’s Breath being what it is, then I would never have used it on you.”

“You did use it on me,” Abigail stated. “You used it on me, made me dump Jack, and then you fucked me. Tell me how you think that made me feel? I’ll tell you how that makes me feel. I feel like a piece of meat. All I was to you was someplace for you to stick your dick into. You could have gotten the same results form an eye of the round roast with a hole in it. Don’t tell me you love me. I don’t believe it.”

Jason was barely breathing while Abigail was huffing hard. She started pacing back and forth again as she talked. “I see the news today and find out the man I’ve been sleeping with, that I’ve been giving blow jobs to, is working on something that can control minds,” Abigail yelled throwing up her hands. “Well hell, it all makes sense now. I dump my boyfriend, I have sex with a science geek, I didn’t wear panties, and I had this feeling of extreme love for a guy who is working on something that can control minds! Tell me why, and it had better not be because you love me.”

Jason picked up his head and said in a quite whisper, “You wouldn’t have had me any other way.”

Abigail’s jaw clenched and unclenched. The sides of her face bulging in and out over an over again. “I need a drink,” she finally said.

Jason leaned over and from under the bed pulled out a partly consumed boxed twelve pack of beer in cans. Jason also pulled out a twelve pack of diet cola in cans. “Which would you like?” Jason asked.

“You have beer?” Abigail said and looked at Jason. “You’re not twenty-one yet.”

“No, this belonged to my roommate who went nuts and had to leave,” Jason said and pulled out a can of beer.

“No, I’ll take the cola, its diet,” Abigail said and Jason handed her a can. She popped the top and took a long drink. “Do you remember Halloween two years ago?”

Jason sat up with his soda pop in hand, and kicked the beer back under his bed. “Two years ago, oh yeah, I don’t remember it that well,” Jason said popping the top on his soda. “That was when I learned that I can’t hold my liquor. It was also the last time I drank. I think I went as Jason from the Friday the thirteenth movies in a lab coat.”

“You did,” Abigail said and Jason looked up in surprise. “That was the first night you kissed me.”

“I,” Jason paused and then said, “what?”

Abigail gave a snorting laugh and said, “I was out at the college houses wearing a lumberjack outfit. One of the few times I wore pants. You snuck up behind me and put that plastic machete to my throat. Then you said, ‘I can’t kill you, you’re too beautiful.’ Clearly you were drunk, but you took the machete form my throat I turned around. You had pulled up the hockey mask and kissed me on the lips.”

“Jesus,” Jason said, “I don’t remember any of that.”

“I do,” Abigail said thinking back. “I remembered it when I saw you at the library last semester. You were aggressive when you were drunk, and when you’re sober you think about other people before yourself. Jason, take charge, and be more aggressive.”

“I’ll remember that for the future,” Jason said.

“Don’t make me smack you again,” Abigail said. “Amber Evelyn told me about how you took on Jack at Hancock Hall. She was one of the women who were told to rip her throat out if the cops tried to arrest Jack. She also told me about what you did. She told me about the conversation you had with Jack as you advanced down the hall. Amber also told me about how you beat the hell out of Jack.”

Jason looked down and said, “I’m sorry for doing that to Jack.”

Abigail raised Jason’s head and Jason was ready to be smacked again. “Why are you sorry for what Jack did?” Abigail asked. “Besides I have a confession to make. I was going to dump Jack last week anyhow. The man is a huge asshole, and I’m glad he’s in a coma. You on the other hand are an asshole too. You picked me when you could have had any woman.”

“I didn’t want any woman,” Jason said.

“I don’t want to hear it,” Abigail said waving her finger at him and letting go of his head. “I think back to the last week and compared it to the other men I’ve had in my life. You were considerate and thoughtful. Then when we were alone, usually here, you became assertive and controlling.

You still thought of me, but you knew what you wanted and took it. Jason, Shadow, you truly do love me.”

Jason opened his mouth, but closed it. His throat was clogged up with a lump larger than Ohio. He wanted to say something. Jason wanted to just say it, and be done with it, but the words wouldn’t come out.

“Shadow,” Abigail said and Jason looked up. She was pulling up her dress. Between her legs was a pair of panties, but they were black. “You’re favorite color.”

“I love you,” a squeak came out of Jason’s throat.

“I didn’t quite catch that,” Abigail said letting her dress fall.

Jason stood up and looked Abigail in the eyes. He cleared his throat and in a more forceful voice said, “Abigail, I love you.” He grabbed the woman by the arms and pulled her in close. He kissed her full on the lips as he wrapped his arms around her. Jason kissed Abigail long and hard, with his tongue twisting around hers as they both fought to get into each other’s mouth. With a final breath of the other person’s air they broke off the kiss.

“That’s what I’m talking about,” Abigail stated. “Call me Fletch from now on.”

“I can agree with that,” Jason said nodding his head.

“There will be a few changes thou,” Abigail said looking around. “First and the most important, you’re going to need to get a dart board in here. I refuse to spend another night here without something besides you to entertain myself with.”

“Okay, I’ll get one tomorrow,” Jason made a metal note.

“Second,” Abigail looked at Jason and said, “I’m going to wear panties more often.”

“But not all the time,” Jason finished.

“Oh don’t do that,” Abigail warned with her finger wagging. “I also expect you to exercise more, and be more careful at that boxing club.”

“I didn’t mean to get hit,” Jason stated.

“Well right now you’re asking for it,” Abigail cautioned. “As for sex, have you heard of a penis extension?”

“Hold it right there,” Jason said raising his hands, “I am not getting a penis extension.”

“Shadow,” Abigail said with a grin, “that was a joke.”

“Woman,” Jason said tossing her to the bed, “we need to work on your humor.”

“Oh, do you have any more of that Cupid’s Breath?” Abigail asked.

“As a matter of fact I have something better,” Jason said going over to his desk and pulling up the side. “Don’t tell anyone this, but the Cupid’s Cure on the news is more powerful than Cupid’s Breath. Anyone who uses Cupid’s Cure can completely control another person’s mind.” Jason unscrewed the desk leg and out fell the small bottle of Cupid’s Cure.

“Oh really, are you going to use it on me?” Abigail asked with a hungry look in her eyes.

“Well,” Jason did a quick mental calculation, “I already have. Technically you’re still under my control for another four hours or so.”

“What?” Abigail said shocked getting up from the bed. “You mean that you took me slapping you and all you could have done is say, ‘stop that’ and I would have?”

“Yeah pretty much,” Jason said nodding his head and putting the Cupid’s Cure on the desk.

“Prove it,” Abigail said leaning against the bunk beds.

“Okay, Fletch, kiss me,” Jason said. Abigail was drawn to him like a magnet and she planted her lips right on his. It wasn’t a long kiss either.

Abigail backed up a little and said, “I would have done that anyhow. Make me do something that I would never do.”

“Are you sure,” Jason offered and the annoyed look on Abigail’s face was enough for Jason to go for it. “Abigail for the next hour whenever I snap my fingers you will have an incredible orgasm, each one better than the last.”

“Why don’t I feel any different?” Abigail asked.

“That would be the Cupid’s Cure,” Jason said. “You don’t feel like you’re being controlled until you do something you wouldn’t normally do.” Jason raised his fingers.

“Hold it,” Abigail said and then reached under her dress and pulled off her black panties. “I don’t want to get these soiled,” Abigail stated throwing the panties to the side and lying down on the bed. “Okay, go ahead, this should be interesting.”

Jason snapped his fingers and Abigail let out a sharp quick scream. Her body shook and she reached out with her shaking arms to grab hold of the posts for the bed. She let out another moan of pleasure as her pussy contracted and her body felt the wave of pleasure ripple through her body. Abigail’s mouth formed a circle as the orgasm crashed into her brain spreading sparks of pleasure through her shaking limbs.

“Damn,” Abigail said as her orgasm started to subside. “Okay, apparently I’m still under your control. I’ll admit to that.” She stood up, and leaned over to give Jason a kiss on the lips. “It just doesn’t feel the same without you inside me, on way or the other.”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Jason responded.

“One thing,” Abigail said sitting down on the bed. “You said that you would never have any other woman but me. Were you telling the truth?”

“I was,” Jason answered. “If you don’t believe me,” Jason said picking up the small bottle of Cupid’s Cure, “I’ll just dump this down the sink.”

“Hold it,” Abigail said standing up and putting her hand on Jason’s to put the bottle down on the desk again. “I trust you. Really, I do trust you. I’ll trust you not to use Cupid’s Cure to have other women, and you’ll trust me not to have other men.”

“Deal,” Jason agreed.

“That doesn’t mean I won’t look,” Abigail said.

“Likewise,” Jason added.

“Oh watch it,” Abigail advised.

“Okay,” Jason replied grabbing Abigail by the arms and tossing her to the bed. Abigail grabbed onto Jason and pulled him along with her. They both tumbled to the bed laughing as they wrapped their arms around each other.

“I am not your slave,” Abigail said and kissed Jason briefly on the lips.

“Well no, but for the next few hours you have to do what I tell you to do,” Jason said and then kissed her on the lips.

“Granted and someday in the future I might just agree to be your obedient slave,” Abigail said and kissed Jason on the lips.

“I don’t suppose that day will be any time soon?” Jason asked and kissed Abigail on the lips.

“I don’t know, but I do know that you can unzip my dress now, and then you need to snap your fingers while inside me,” Abigail said and kissed her lover on the lips.