The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Hostile Takeover

Synopsis: A mob boss takes on more than he can handle when he makes a gambler pay off his debts by sending his wife over for the night.

Author’s note: This is a bit darker than my usual stories. And there is no actual sex*. But then, it would be boring if I just wrote the same story every time.

* According to the Bill Clinton definition

Chapter 1 – An Alley

Rowan felt his nose gingerly. It hurt like heck but he didn’t think it was broken. Still, at least it masked the pain in his gut. And the two thugs standing above him had stopped kicking him for a while. Perhaps things were looking up.

Silas, the taller one, looked down at Rowan.

“Our boss doesn’t like it when you are late.”

Rowan gasped a reply through the pain. “I’m sorry.”

“Sorry! Sorry doesn’t cut it. Sorry isn’t going to pay back 21000 dollars. 21000 dollars is a lot of money.”

“Please, just give me a few days. I’ll come up with the money.”

Silas favoured him with an evil grin.

“Well now, what would happen if we let people off each time they were late? Pretty soon people would be taking us for granted. They would be losing respect for us. That would be bad for business. So we can’t let that happen, can we Tyrone? ”

Tyrone, the more heavyset of the two thugs, just grunted.

“Please. There must be a way.”

“Oh, there’s always a way. Normally we just add on some interest and perhaps cut off a finger to remind you not to be so late next time. Which finger would you prefer?”

Tyrone held up a huge knife and leered. Rowan swallowed.

“But it happens to be your lucky day. Put it away Tyrone.”

The knife disappeared. Tyrone looked disappointed.

“Our boss has taken a liking to that fine piece of ass you are going round with. He has decided she can pay your debts off for you.”

“Julie? My wife? I can’t...”

Silas cut him off. “Julie. That’s a nice name. I’ll be sure and tell Mr. Sylvester. You just make sure Julie reports to Mr. Sylvester’s house at 7pm sharp tonight. You can pick her up at 9 o clock in the morning.”

“But she’ll never...”

Silas cut him off again. You better hope she does. You and she better have a little heart to heart. You can ask her if she wants a husband who is missing a finger...or worse.”

He ground his foot into Rowan’s crotch, making him gasp and writhe.

“If you like, Tyrone and I can take your wife on a little tour this afternoon and show her some men that Mr. Sylvester felt were not showing him enough respect. Perhaps when she sees what a man looks like without his dick she’ll change her mind.”

“You don’t understand. She’s a witch!”

“Witch. Haughty bitch. Frigid ice block. Mr. Sylvester has a way with words. He has them all worshiping his dick before the night is over. And don’t be too surprised if your bitch is sucking his cock when you pick her up in the morning. He likes to do that. Says it installs proper respect. If you get lucky he might order her to suck you off too after he finishes. He does that sometimes. Let’s hope you can get it up, eh? If the boss doesn’t think you need it he doesn’t always let you keep it.

“Come on Tyrone, leave our calling card and let’s go.”

Rowan flinched, expecting further violence, but Tyrone just flicked a small card down by his face. The two thugs turned on their heels and sauntered away. Rowan looked at the card. It was an invitation, expensively printed.

James Sylvester

expects the pleasure of Mrs.R Leighford.

7pm to 9am.

3 Maple Leaf Drive

When the two men had left, Rowan allowed himself the small luxury of a smile. He still hurt like hell though.

Chapter 2 – 3 Maple Leaf Drive

James Sylvester sat in his chair sipping brandy and glancing at his watch. Two minutes to seven. They were never late. They never dared to be. Still, the time they arrived was in his experience a very good guide as to how the evening would proceed. 10 to seven and they would already be broken, resigned to their fate. Anything after one minute to seven and that was a sign that they going to be stubborn. They wanted to show him that they were in charge. They would bluster and argue, a product of their sheltered lives, thinking that the law would protect them and their families. They would demand more time and explain they were only here to negotiate, and that he could not possibly think a lady of their position would be here for anything else.

In the end the result would be the same though. They would be on their knees weeping while they begged to be allowed to suck his cock one more time.

He looked down at the naked teenager kneeling at his feet. She had been waiting there patiently all evening in case he needed anything. They both knew he wouldn’t though. Not on a guest night.

He glanced at his watch. One minute to seven. Good. The evening promised to be entertaining. He took another sip of brandy and addressed the waiting teenager.

“That will be all Sharleen. I don’t think I will be needing you any more tonight.”

“Thank you, Sir.”

She bent forward and respectfully kissed his cock through the thin material of his pants in just the way she had been taught.

“Thank you, Sir for the chance to serve you.”

She stood up and started for the door. He thought he caught a hint of relief on her face. That was annoying. That had to be punished.

“Oh Sharleen.”

“Sir?”

“I was especially pleased with the lamb this lunch time. Perhaps chef might feel suitably rewarded if he finds you curled up in his bed tonight.”

“Yes Sir.”

He caught the look of shock and horror on her face as she turned back to the door and was suitably gratified. A few nights serving under the fat and sweaty cook would do wonders for her respect.

Sharleen was here because her father had messed up on a drug delivery for him. She had such an innocent beauty he had lusted after her from the moment he saw her. It had been easy to ensure her father had made the mistake – a tip off to the cops was all it had taken. Sure he had lost a few thousand pounds of drugs, but they were easily replaced. It was worth it every time he watched her face while she sucked his cock. She had almost finished paying off her father’s debt now. Another few days was all it would take. No doubt she would be a bit shocked to find she wasn’t returning to college as expected. There wasn’t much point, and she was far too valuable an asset to lose. After all, you didn’t need a degree to suck cock. She would join the rest of his girls working the streets. And if her father didn’t like it he would be feeding the fishes.

The doorbell rang. A few seconds now and his guest would be shown in by the maid. He wondered what he would do first with her and his cock hardened in anticipation. He wondered if she was one of those women who tried to threaten him with the law. The last time that had happened he had simply smiled, flipped open his mobile phone and invited the chief of police and his wife over for dinner. The chief could get over here in twenty minutes if he drove fast enough. And he would, with the holds he had over him. While the appetizers were being cleared his men had suddenly held the girl down, tied her to her chair and cut her out of her clothes. Then they stood around her and circle jerked over her. The chief and his wife carried on with the meal, making small talk with him as if nothing had happened. The girl sat there with a look of horror on her face as she came to terms with the situation, cum slowly dripping down her body and pooling at her feet.

Once the police chief had left, her defiance had melted completely away. She had been totally compliant the rest of the night.

Yes it was useful to have contacts in high places. The police chief, the mayor, the judge, he had something on them all. No one got to high office without a few skeletons in their closet. And if they had none, well it was easy to arrange a tragic accident and replace them with somebody who would be more pliable.

“Mrs. Julie Leighford Sir.” The maid bobbed a curtsey as she introduced his guest.

Julie was as stunningly beautiful as he remembered. She glided in wearing an elegant cocktail dress which he would have great pleasure in removing later. Perhaps he would have her parade round the house wearing nothing but a t-shirt emblazed with “I am a whore”. As the maid showed her in he stood to greet her, then glanced at his watch in distaste. It showed one minute past seven.

“You’re late! I’m afraid there will have to be interest applied.” His cock hardened even more as several possibilities flashed through his mind.

“Actually I am exactly on time. But if you cannot afford a decent watch I’m sure I can help you with some business advice.”

He stood rigid for several seconds trying to work out whether she had insulted him. When it finally clicked he stood there trembling with rage. Nobody spoke to him like that, nobody. And worse, he felt he had somehow lost the upper hand and was no longer in control of the situation.

He took a deep breath. He was James Sylvester, and if there was one thing he knew how to do, it was to control women. He sat down on the sofa, unbuttoning his flies.

“I don’t think you understand your situation. You are here tonight for one thing, and one thing only, to attend to my every pleasure. If the night goes well, then that will be the end of it and we go our separate ways. But refuse me in any way, insult me in any way, or simply make me feel you are not trying hard enough...well, I have to power to destroy not only your life but the lives of everyone you love.”

“Now, I bet a haughty bitch like you finds every excuse under the sun to avoid giving her husband head. Unfortunately for you I am nowhere near as accommodating as that pussy of a husband of yours.”

He tugged his cock out of his pants.

“Now I want you over here with your bitch mouth on my cock. You have 10 seconds to start sucking my cock.”

Instead of coming over to him she sat languidly down in an easy chair on the far side of the room.

“Actually, I think my lovers agree that my cocksucking skills are second to none. And a powerful man telling me to suck his cock can be quite a turn on.”

She shifted imperceptibly on the chair. Her dress split open for a micro second giving James a glimpse of breast and thigh. He suddenly felt hornier than hell and his cock pulsed furiously in his hand.

“So just be sure and tell me as soon as you get your dick out and I’ll be right over to help.”

She paused and the tone of the voice changed to pitying.

“Oh I’m sorry. Is it out already? It’s too small to tell from over here.”

She shifted again and her dress looked stern and uninviting. His cock wilted in his hand. There was a loud guffaw quickly cut off. He turned round to see the maid desperately trying to keep a straight face.

“Get out! Get the fuck out! I’ll deal with you later!”

He was pleased to see the smile wipe from his maid’s face to be replaced by a look of terror as she scrambled from the room.

“That was a very stupid thing to do, Julie. You have just caused two people to suffer intense pain later. Yourself of course, and also Alice the maid.”

“What do you intend doing to her?”

“I’ll tell you...as soon as I’ve thought of it.” he finished lamely.

Really the woman was infuriating. She seemed to goad him at every opportunity. It would be easy enough to hurt her but that was not sufficient. It was necessary for her to have a full understanding of what was going to happen to her so that her horror and terror would grow to the right level . Yet she just sat there demure and infuriating, unfazed by anything he did. He hastily zipped himself back up.

He flicked open his cell phone and pressed a speed dial button. It was answered immediately. His staff knew what would happen if they were not efficient.

“Send in the house cunt!”

The door opened. A stunningly beautiful woman entered, dressed in a cocktail dress. She took a few paces into the room then stopped. She touched her hand to her shoulder and the dress slid to the floor, revealing that she wore nothing underneath.

Julie gasped. The woman had the words ‘house cunt’ tattooed on her stomach.

“Tell our guest who you are!” instructed James.

“I am the house cunt, Sir.”

“And what are your duties, cunt?”

“I serve any man in the house, Sir. They can use me in any way they wish, Sir.”

“Tell me cunt, how do you prefer men to use you?”

She shuddered.

“I love to serve men with my mouth, Sir. I love to suck them off and swallow their cum.”

“Tell me what your name used to be before you became house cunt?”

She took some time answering.

“My name used to be Denise, Sir.”

“And how many cocks had you sucked before you became house cunt?”

“None, Sir.”

“And how many have you sucked since?”

She shuddered again.

“A lot, Sir.”

“That makes you a very lucky girl doesn’t it? You love sucking cock but never did in your former life. Now you get to suck cock practically all the time.”

“Yes, Sir. Thank you Sir.”

He turned to Julie.

“Denise here came to visit me last year because her husband was having trouble paying his bills. Denise refused to suck my cock saying it was something she would never do. It seems she had a change of mind because only three days later she was round here interviewing for the position of house cunt. Well she was so talented I put her on a year’s contract straight away. How many days left cunt?”

The answer was instant.

“72, Sir.”

“And what do you do with your wages cunt?”

Tears streamed down her face as she whispered her answer.

“They go to my daughter’s medical bills, Sir.”

“Ah yes her daughter’s medical bills. Do you know her daughter suddenly and mysteriously fell in with a bad lot at college? Drugs and everything you know. Tut tut. Well being the philanthropist I am as soon as I found out I whisked her to safety and into a detox clinic. Do you know she has every chance of staying clean now. Every chance. Of course medical bills are expensive so cunt here is gradually repaying my loan. Isn’t it lucky that a year’s contract as house cunt exactly cancels out the medical bills?”

James smiled inwardly. Of course the daughter was not really at a detox clinic. After all, there was no point in throwing money away. No, he had her safely ensconced in one of his establishments. If anything she was sucking more cock than her mother. After all, she had a drug habit to feed.

“Cunt, do you know Julie here hasn’t sucked my cock yet. What do you say to that?”

“Oh God do it! Do it! Please do whatever he tells you. It only gets worse if you don’t.”

James could feel the power returning as he watched the tears streaming down Denise’s face. His cock grew hard and he unzipped himself once more.

“Well cunt that was quite a little outburst. I see you are crying so I have just the thing to cheer you up. I want you to crawl over here and show Julie just how talented you are these days; you can finish me in your mouth and tell Julie what a treat she is missing.”

Denise sunk to her knees, but before she could move Julie interrupted with a low drawl.

“You know if I can’t suck a cock myself the next best thing is to watch a beautiful woman sucking it in my place.” She smiled wickedly. “Isn’t it just a pity then that you’re on such a hair trigger tonight James.”

She wriggled in the chair and James glimpsed her body again. Instantly lust surged through his entire being. The cock in his hand throbbed unbearably and then he lost control. Cum gushed out of his cock in huge sprays, flying everywhere. Over the furniture, over the carpet, over his hand, over his clothes. Everywhere but anywhere near the two ladies.

James stared at his wilting cock. This wasn’t how it was meant to be. The girls were meant to be the ones feeling humiliated, not him. He felt anger surge through him.

Denise cringed as James strode towards her. Making James angry was never a good thing. He fixed a hand in her hair and yanked her head up to waist level.

“This is what you want slut. This is all a cunt like you is good for.”

He wiped his hand and cock clean on her face.

“Thank you, Sir.” whispered Denise, “Thank you.”

When he was finished he threw her to the floor and calmly did himself up.

“That was a mistake, James!” Julie was out of her chair for the first time and her voice was no longer low and sexy but dark and menacing. Instantly his anger flared up again. Was she threatening him? Him? James Sylvester? Whatever he did seemed to make no impression on her. He felt he was losing control of the situation, and that could never happen. He would not allow it. It was time to teach the bitch a lesson.

He reached into his jacket pocket and brought out a flick knife. He pressed the release and the blade slid into view with an audible clunk.

Do you know how sharp this is?” he shouted, brandishing the knife. Spittle flew everywhere. “Do you know what it feels like to be fucked with one of these? When I’m finished with you, you’ll be begging me to fuck you with this! But first you are going to sit and watch me cut that pussy of a husband up. I know where you live. The boys can pick him up. No one disrespects me like this.”

Instead of being frightened Julie merely looked pityingly at him.

“Firstly, Rowan is not actually my husband. I’m sorry if a little deception was necessary. Secondly she, that is he, is a long way from here, somewhere safe. And thirdly, you know that threat might be a bit scarier if you actually did it with a knife in your hand.”

James felt a writhing sensation and looked down to see he was holding a snake. The snake hissed and James threw it to the ground in a panicky reflex.

It landed at Julie’s feet. She bent down to pick it up and it was a knife again. She lifted the knife to her shoulder and cut through the strap with a single movement. The dress whispered to the floor. Like Denise, she was wearing nothing underneath. She stepped toward James totally naked. He felt his cock flare into life again. He hated the fact that she seemed to have complete control of his body, but more than that he hated that she knew she had that power over him.

“You know I like a man in control.” she whispered, her voice once again sultry and seductive; then she was kissing him, hard and passionately, her tongue scouring his mouth. She stepped back suddenly.

“Unfortunately tonight you don’t seem to be in control at all.”

His cock unloaded itself in his pants and he felt hot fluid trickle down his leg. There was a dull ache on his arm and he looked down to see a thin stream of blood. Damn! The bitch had cut him with his own knife.

Her hand was red and she popped a finger in her mouth seductively sucking it clean. Julie sauntered over to Denise.

“You know I said that was a mistake didn’t I?”

Now her nakedness was no longer erotic. Instead she was demonic and frightening. She gently trailed a finger across Denise’s cheek wiping off a small blob of cum. She lifted her finger to her mouth and once more sucked it clean. A big smile split her face but it only made her look more menacing.

“Blood, saliva and semen. Never a good idea to give those to a witch. You must be remarkably confident or remarkably foolish. Rowan did tell your men I was a witch, you know.”

He looked at her bemusedly. This was getting seriously wierd.

“Cluck like a chicken, James Sylvester.”

He ran around flapping his arms and squawking.

“Ah it’s the foolish one it seems.”

“Stop now and call your maid back in, James Sylvester.”

He stopped and flipped open his cell phone. Now the bitch had made a mistake. He would call his guards for help and it would all be over in seconds. But he just asked the guards to send Alice back in and then flipped his cell shut.

The maid reappeared.

“Alice what is your job?”

“Ma’am, I am Mr Sylvester’s maid and personal whore.”

“And why are you here?”

“I was working as a maid in a hotel where Mr. Sylvester was staying. He wanted to make love with me. I refused telling him I was married. He offered me a lot of money; one thousand dollars; but I told him I was not that kind of girl.”

“The next week my husband was late on a hundred dollar payment to a loan shark. It turned out Mr. Sylvester had bought the rights to that payment. He had my husband thrown in jail on a trumped up charge and told me that if I wanted him out I could pay off my husband’s debt. If I didn’t, he let me know that my husband wouldn’t survive in the jail.”

“And how do you pay off the debt?”

“I am his whore, so if Mr. Sylvester wants to fuck he pays me and then fucks me. Once I have earned one hundred dollars he will arrange for my husband to be released.”

“How much does he pay you?”

“A dollar a time.”

“And where is your husband now?”

“At home. You went to the court with me yesterday and got the judge to throw out the case.”

“Yesterday!” exploded James. “But that was before I even...”

“Be quiet James Sylvester!”

James shut up instantly.

“I have been watching you a very long time. And I don’t like the way you treat your girls. You run a huge prostitution empire, but it’s all based on fear and violence. Not the way my girls operate at all. So you can consider this a hostile takeover. I have decided to take over the business. You’re not fit to run it.”

James strained but could not move a single muscle.

Julie put the point of the knife against James’ throat.

“Alice, do you hate James?”

“I hate him from the depths of my being.”

“Do you want to kill him?”

“Scum like that does not deserve to be left alive.”

“If you like you can wrap your hand around mine on the knife. We can push together.”

Alice stepped forward and lifted her hand to the knife. James willed his neck to move but nothing happened. He suddenly felt very scared. His crotch felt warm and wet and he realised he had lost control of his bladder. Alice stepped back.

“No.”

“No?”

“No. I know what you have planned for him. It’s much worse.”

Julie lowered the knife. Relief flooded through James. Stupid bitches. They should have killed him when they had the chance. Any minute now his men would discover something was wrong and this charade would be over. The men would have to be disposed of later of course. No one who had seen him in this state of humiliation could be allowed to live. The women would have to pay for that. His righteous revenge would be huge and sweeping, a warning to all never to cross his path.

“James Sylvester you have taken a beautiful thing and turned it into something sick and perverted. You have taken women, raped and abused them and turned them into whores and sluts for your profit and amusement. This stops today.”

“Some of your women have agreed to work for me. I have shown them what a high class courtesan can earn, and the lifestyle appeals to them.”

“Others, well, you have brutalised them too much. They never wanted the kind of lifestyle you forced them into, and they wish for different things. Many of them are diseased, addicted to drugs, and old beyond their years.”

“I cannot undo what you have done. It is not within my power. But I have made an offer to the women you used to control and they have accepted. It is not an ideal solution, but it is the best I can do. They get their health back, their freedom from drugs and abuse and a great deal of money. Your money. Their money. Oh, and eventually also their self respect. That may take some time but time is a great healer. Unfortunately there is a downside for you and your men, but heigh-ho. You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, my mother used to tell me.”

“Do you have anything to say to me before I carry out the sentence James Sylvester?”

James felt his tongue loosen in his mouth. The bitch had made her mistake.

“Those whores! Not even the best medical treatment can save them!”

“True, but that was not the solution I had in mind.”

He had no idea what she meant, but it was time to end this charade.

“Guards! Guards!”

Julie smiled.

“Help! Help!”

Nobody appeared.

“Your guards already work for me, in a manner of speaking. No one is coming to help you.”

“You bitch! You slut! You’re all sluts and whores all of you. You can’t change that. You won’t save them.”

He spat at Julie’s feet.

“Half of them will be back on the street sucking cock to buy their next fix as soon as your back is turned.”

“That’s a distinct possibility, but not quite in the way you imagine. Since you appear to have nothing to say, sleep now James Sylvester.”

He slipped to the floor, unconscious.

Chapter 3 – On the Ship

James woke feeling woozy and disorientated. He was lying on a bed in some kind of small metal room. After a few seconds he realised the rocking sensation meant he was on some kind of ship.

He tried to get off the bed but found his arm was chained a bracket on the wall. And it was covered in a faded flowery materiel. The bitch had clothed him in some kind of cheap dress. No doubt to humiliate him further. He looked down to see what else he was wearing but his vision was blocked by a huge pair of tits.

It took James a few seconds to realise they were hers. James grabbed at her crotch. She felt nothing.

“Oh fuck! What has the bitch done to me?”

Her face fell as the horror of her situation dawned on her. There was a noise from outside, a rattling of locks, and the door opened. A big man stepped in.

“Tyrone! Thank the lord. It’s me! James Sylvester. The witch did this to me. She’s changed me into a fucking woman! You have to believe me!”

Tyrone closed the door quietly and put his fingers to his lips.

“Shhh. Don’t worry boss. I know it’s you. I know everything.”

He produced a key from his pocket and started to unlock the cuff on the bulkhead.

“I’ll have to hurry now. There’s only five hours before the ship leaves.”

“Five hours? That should be plenty of time to get away.”

A huge grin split Tyrone’s face, then without warning he unleashed a vicious slap sending James reeling against the wall. While her head was still ringing Tyrone pushed her roughly face first onto the bed, pulled her arms behind her and relocked the cuffs. He pressed his weight down on her so she could not move then whispered evilly in her ear.

“Who said anything about you getting away?”

“Tyrone! What the fuck are you playing at?”

“Ah, well that’s the thing, isn’t it? I’m not really Tyrone am I? Tyrone is on a bed two doors down sobbing herself to sleep. Do you want to know who I am?”

James said nothing. He was in too much shock.

“I’m you. I’m the girl with the big tits you met in a nightclub when I was sixteen. You told me I could make a lot of money with those tits. I was young and naïve and thought you meant modelling. When you told me what you really meant I was shocked and tried to leave but you had spiked my drink so I could not get away. You drove me to a small flat where you took my virginity. Then you raped and brutalised me over three days. After that, you made me whore for you. You were right. Those tits did make a lot of money. But not for me. All my money went on the drugs you addicted me to. Now I’m twenty six but look forty. I’m riddled with pox and don’t care. All I care about now is turning tricks in back alleys as fast as I can to get my next fix.”

James said nothing. She couldn’t remember the details. After all there were so many girls.

“Ten years I’ve worked on my back for you. I’m the worst, which is why I get to go first with you. To break you in for the long line outside the door.”

James felt her dress being hiked up and her panties being yanked down. She tried to resist but her strength was nothing compared to the man’s.

“Do you want to know where you’re going? I get to tell you that too. I begged for the privilege. They’re building a big uranium processing plant in the Sahara. It’s out in the middle of nowhere. But there will be lots of construction workers. Hundreds of them, sweaty and horny after a hard day’s work. But it’s proving difficult to get girls to go out there. The workers can’t afford much, and the conditions are bad, servicing men on your back in a hot tin shack with only a rag curtain for privacy. So we sold you to the construction company. It should take ten years to construct the plant, give or take. After that you’re free to go. Perhaps you can find a way of persuading the men to go faster.”

Tyrone chuckled evilly. James heard the sound of flies being unzipped. She struggled to move but it was impossible with Tyrone’s huge weight on her.

“You know I used to love those jugs of mine. So huge and impressive. But you’re welcome to them. I’ve got something else huge and impressive now.”

Tyrone’s weight shifted and James felt something soft and fleshy being smeared across his face. It took him a few seconds to realise it was Tyrone’s cock. James had never realised Tyrone had such a big cock but that was not such a surprise. Men with big cocks who annoyed James tended to wake up in hospital with a couple of vital inches missing. And James was very easy to annoy.

“Where do you want it first bitch? In your mouth or your ass?”

James did not answer but a single tear ran down her cheek.

There was a zipping sound and Tyrone’s weight lifted off James.

“On second thoughts I’ve decided to dedicate this new toy of mine to pleasure rather than pain. And to be frank, I don’t know what nasty diseases I would catch if it goes near you. You’re pumped full of antibiotics but they take a few weeks to clean you out. You should be fine by the time the ship docks.”

Any relief James felt was cut off as Tyrone walked round in front of her and slowly drew a beer bottle from his jacket pocket.

“This on the other hand does not care what kind of diseased flesh it goes near. Do you remember me now James Sylvester?”

Suddenly and with terrible clarity he remembered everything. The nightclub. The girl with big tits. The abduction. And he remembered exactly how and with what he had taken her virginity that night.

It was going to be a long five hours.

Shortly afterwards, James started screaming.