The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Previously in “The Jiliad”:

Jason’s parents come to visit him. And talk to he and Kimmy (as Josie is sleeping in the futon in his hospital room). At first, they seem to show sympathy for him. The his father and mother become angry at Jason for not minding his own business and for going out with Josie, which they blamed for his injuries. After telling Kimmy to leave, and she does so in tears. His parents begin to berate Jason and tell him that he needs to break up with Josie. When Jason refuses, his father threatens to pull his money, meaning he would not be able to pay his next semester bill. Jason become’s angry and tells his parents he does not care. Instead of breaking up with Josie, he would propose to her instead. When his parents tell him that he “shall do know such thing,” Mark and the gang show up, as Kimmy had run to get them. An Angry Mark tells the Martino’s that Jason will do whatever he wants to do. Mark becomes angrier when he sees Josie’s crying face. She had heard everything the Martino’s said about her. When Joe threatens to throw Mark out, Mark unleashes a psionic attack on him, knocking him to the ground. Mark then tells the scared Martino’s to apologize and leave (which they did).

Mark notices that Josie is unresponsive, he theorizes that she has turned herself off, as a self-defense mechanism. Jason tells him to help her, whatever the cost. With an open mouth kiss, Mark resets her values to what they previous were before the incident with Jeff. Old Josie returns and after she calls Jason, pathetic, she walks out of the room. Mark pursues her and reminds her of her terrible past, yet the joys of the past week, a new Josie returns who is no longer a slave. She still loves Mark and the others and is still in love with Jason. After a happy reunion happens in Jason’s room, he proposes to her. At first she refuses, citing that she is afraid of hurting him again. Then Josie realizes that everything she had done as a slave, she would have done for Jason, just because she loved him. She also realized that he had shown his love for her by treating her kindly and truly caring about her. She also remembered how much fun she had playing his slave and his genie. Realizing all of this, Josie happily accepts his proposal.

While talking to Mark, Jason and Trish in Jason’s room, a police officer comes to the room and asks her to leave with him. The story picks up here.

The Jilliad

Book 2

After the Necklace

Chapter 27 Trials and Tributes

“Officer, you can ask her in front of me. I’m her fiancée. Besides, I need to give my statement as well,” said Jason.

“We don’t require your statement at this time. But I do need to insist on Ms. Garnier coming with me.”

“Where are you taking her?” asked Mark.

“Down to police headquarters,” replied the officer.

“Why can’t I answer your questions here?” replied Josie.

“Because I was instructed to serve you with this,” said the police officer as he handed her a piece of paper. It was a warrant for her arrest. The charge, “Attempted Murder”. When Josie read this, her knees began to buckle.

“Let me see that,” said Mark, as he took the paper out of her stunned hand. Mark read it and was stunned himself.

The police officer took out a pair of handcuffs and proceeded to put them on her.“Josie Garnier, you have the right to remain silent. You have..”

“You can’t do this!” interrupted Jason loudly and angrily.

“Sir, I’m going to ask you to remain calm or I’ll be forced to…”

“You’ll arrest him tooo and take him to the station? We both know that isn’t going to happen, Officer. I wish to talk to your superiors,” said Mark angrily. “You have no reason to take Ms. Garnier into custody! Trish call Chief Murray at Campus Safety.”

“Sir, you may take my badge number down. I am Officer Wheeler, to save you some time.”

Mark continued to try to stall the Officer, while Trish placed the call. The dispatcher patched Trish to Chief Murray’s home phone when she said that it was an emergency involving a Sanders student.

Jack Murray was watching the start of the Pats/Jets game when his phone rang. “Sir, it’s Diaz. I have a Patricia Winthrop on the line. She says it is an emergency.”

Jack Murray was the most decorated cop in Smithville seven years ago. While not much usually happened in town, he singlehandedly foiled a kidnapping attempt of a Sanders student whose father was the CEO of a large company. In gratitude and impressed by his deductive work and other abilities, the Chancellor offered him the job of Chief of Campus Safety which at the time was being filled on an interim basis. Jack was constantly fighting bad behavior from the “Greeks societies” and was fighting to get them kicked off campus.

Jack thought back to two years ago. It was almost two years to the day, he thought. Patricia Winthrop and her friend, Mark Samuels were both attacked in Tau Gamma Upsilon House at a party, by two brothers and a non-member. They testified before the Faculty Senate and together brought the end of the Greek system at Sanders and thereby made his life a hell of a lot easier. Jack had told them how proud he was of them, as they faced threats from other students, but stood their ground. He promised them that if he could ever help, just to let him know. Now it appeared that they were calling in his marker.

“Put her through!” said Jack.

“Chief Murray?”

“Yes Patricia, what’s wrong?”

“The police are arresting a friend of ours at the hospital!”

“Who?”

“Josie Garnier. She helped us defend…”

“The Martino kid, from last night, right?”

“Yes they are saying that she committed attempted murder.”

“Is the arresting officer still there?” asked Jack.

“Yes.”

“Please put him on.”

Trish handed Officer Wheeler her cell.

“Hello?”

“Wheeler, what the hell is going on?! You are arresting one of my kids without letting me know, and on a Sunday for Christsakes. That means that she’ll have to stay overnight in jail!”

“I’m sorry Jack. I’m just following orders..”

“I know Wheeler. I’ll call the Chief.. I will ask you to sit tight, as a favor.”

“I guess I can wait a few minutes.”

“And Wheeler? If you have cuffs on her take them off, huh? She’s not going anywhere.”

“OK,” As Wheeler hung up, he removed the handcuffs from Josie.

Josie was still shocked, but she had an angry determined look. Jack owed him big time, he thought to himself, as now he was going to have to take shit from four people for a while.

About twenty minutes later, Tricia’s cell rang. “Hello?”

“Hello Patricia. It’s Chief Murray. I just wanted to let you know that I spoke to the Chief of Police and gave him a hard time for not letting me know about arresting the Garnier girl. He agreed to allow her to turn herself in, in the morning.

“Well Thank God for that!” said Trish. “Chief, I’m putting Mark on. Thank you!”

“You’re welcome.”

“Chief?” asked Mark as he received the phone from his fiancée.

“Hello Mark. It’s good to talk to you again, son.”

“Same here, but I wish it were under better circumstances. What is going on?” asked Mark.

“It appears that your friend is in some trouble. She is being accused of beating Jeremy Whitman with a lug wrench.”

“She was just defending herself and her fiancée, Jason.”

“The other kids are claiming differently,” said Jack.

“You and I both know what’s going on. Those punks were beating Jason. Trish kicked an aluminum baseball bat out of Turner’s hands just as he was about to hit Jason with it.”

“I know. We have your statements as do the police. It appears that the DA has a bee in his bun about going after your friend. Apparently he is willing to let those punks go with a plea, if they turn “State’s Evidence” against your friend.”

“That is absurd!” We were just defending Jason from their brutal attack of him, that they started!” yelled Mark angrily.

“Easy son. I believe you. I know you are frustrated, but I will free up some time in the morning to be there for her arraignment. I would urge you to come too, so you can speak to the truth.”

“I’ll be there for sure! So will Trish. Thank you for everything, Chief!” said Mark.

“You know how much I care about my kids. Especially if they are friends of yours and Patricia’s. I heard you two are engaged! Congratulations!”

“Thanks. We want to be happy, but things keep coming up to screw with our happiness.”

“Thanks for letting me know about this. I will also call the Chancellor to keep him informed. Bye son.”

“Bye, Chief.” said Mark.

Mark and Trish explained to Josie that she was not being arrested today and that she would need to turn herself in, in the morning. Officer Wheeler got a call on his radio confirming this and left without an apology. Mark and Trish hugged Josie as she stood next to Jason, as he stroked her arms. Josie was not crying. She was furious.

After explaining everything to the gang back at Elsie’s, they decided to round up a laundry list, of all the shit Joe Turner had done, and it started with Jeff. Wendy wanted to testify to what Joe had done to her and Jeff the other day at breakfast, so she called home and after Trish got on to assure her parents that this was not just Wendy wanting to stay another day to be with Jeff, they agreed. Mark then knew who he needed to talk to. He went and saw Rondell Tyson, who was Joe’s roommate. Jason had mentioned that he and Rondell had become friendly, so Mark hoped that he would be willing to tell about what happened with Joe and Jason. He and Jeff went back to the dorm.

When they got there they knocked on Rondell’s door. “Hey Jeff, Mark,” said Rondell as he opened the door.

“Hey Rondell,” said Jeff.

“Rondell, I’m sure you heard about what happened last night.” said Mark.

“Yeah, I tried to warn Martino,” said Rondell. “I heard some of his friends including his girlfriend saved him by beating the crap out of Joe, Hill, Whitman and that big guy”

“Yeah, I was one of those friends,” said Mark.

“Damn dawg! Those guys all outweigh you like three to one. What are you, some kung fu dude?”

“That would be my fiancée. I just hit harder than I look,” smiled Mark.

“Rondell, we need your help, man,” said Jeff.

“What can I do for you fellas?” asked Rondell.

“They are trying to prosecute Jason’s fiancée for defending him,” said Mark.

“That’s some fucked up shit,” said Rondell as he shook his head.

“Tell me, did Joe tell you anything about his plans?” asked Mark.

“He told me that he was going to fuck up Martino. He asked if I wanted to help and I told him that his ass should fight his own battles for him.”

“Would you be willing to testify to that?” asked Jeff while Mark tried to shake his head at Jeff.

“Man, I like 84 and all, and I don’t want to see his lady get into trouble, but I prefer to mind my own business when it comes to the law,” said Rondell.

“I hear ya. They plan to arraign her tomorrow morning. If you have a change of heart, let me know. Rondell, all I ask is ask yourself if this was happening to you, if you would want somebody to come forward?” said Mark as he extended his hand and Rondell shook it.

Mark projected strength, sincerity and resolve as he shook Rondell’s hand. For a brief moment, he felt a flicker as if he were almost able to get inside Rondell’s mind. If he had pushed it, he thought he might have been able to do it, but thought better of it and retracted his hand and said goodbye.

At the hospital, Josie had calmed down and now was comforting Jason, who by this point, seemed to be more upset about her situation than she was. “Baby, I’m going to be OK. Any judge would take a look at me and Jeremy Whitman and laugh. Besides, I was just defending you,” smiled Josie.

“Babe, I’m worried. That cop did not even seem to want to take my statement. For some reason, that prosecutor is going after you and I have no idea why,” groaned Jason. “Anyway, I’m going to the arraignment.”

“Don’t be an idiot. The doctors said that you’re lucky to be alive and now you want to leave the hospital early?” said Josie.

“I’m already feeling better,” smiled Jason with his fat lip.

“Not to hurt your feelings, but you look like shit, babe.”

“That can work to our advantage.”

“Our?”

“Listen Josie Garnier. I’m your fiancée, remember? What affects you affects me. I’m not going to stand here and let them pull this shit on you!” said Jason angrily.

“Babe, it’s going to be OK. We have Mark and our other friends fighting for us.”

“I know babe, but something fucked up is going on here and I want to find out what it is,” said Jason grimly.

Chancellor Adam Horton was just getting ready for dinner when his wife told him that he had a call and he took it in his study.

“Adam, it’s Lemma Whitman,” said the voice.

“Hello Lemma. I was sorry to hear what happened last night.. You know most likely Jeremy will be expelled from this university.”

“Isn’t there anything you can do? From what I understand the problem was caused by Jeremy’s ex-girlfriend, that Garnier girl,” said the boy’s mother.

“From what I understand, your son and some others tried to kill another student and the girl in question and some friends stopped them,” said Horton.

“That is not what happened at all. I have it on good authority that the DA is prosecuting the Garnier girl and that she will be arraigned in the morning.”

“Lemma.. you didn’t… Stuart?”

“He saw the evidence and heard Jeremy’s story. You should have seen my boy when I picked him up from the hospital, Adam! He was a mess! She beat him with a tire iron, I mean a real metal tire iron!”

“Do they make any other kinds? Look Lemma, I would like to say that I would like to help you, but I can’t and I won’t. I will not let you trade on my wife’s friendship concerning this matter. Your son and his friends almost killed one of my students. I will not tolerate that at this College.”

“You will be hearing from attorney in the morning,” said Lemma.

“I suppose Stuart will try to find a way to get involved with that case too.”

The last thing Adam Horton heard was a loud frustrating groan followed by a dial tone.

“What did Lemma want, honey?” said his wife’s voice behind him.

“Well Beate, you can cross the Whitman’s off your Christmas card list,” said the worried Chancellor. Josie Garnier was in a world of trouble. He knew it. But there was little he could do to stop it, though he would try.

The atmosphere at Elsie’s was quite somber that evening. Mark and Jeff had gone to the RD, and he agreed to testify against Joe. Mark’s dad looked at his worried son. “Dad, I gave her that lug wrench and now she’s in trouble for it.” said Mark sadly.

“You did what you thought was right, son. That is all you can ever do,” said Bill.

“I’m not sure what I can do next. I mean, I feel so helpless…”

“And you’re not used to feeling helpless much these days,” said his dad. ”You know you guys are not in this alone. I can think of some people who live in Boston, who might be very interested in what is going on here. Especially if their daughters are planning to testify.”

“I’m way ahead of you both, smiled Trish as she walked in. I spoke to my Dad and he found out something very interesting. Then he made a call. It appears that the deck is stacked against us, but it won’t be for long.”

The next morning, Mark, Trish, Jeff, Wendy and Josie drove to the police station where Josie was processed and held in a locked room. There was a knock on the door as a man in an expensive suit walked into the room. “Hello Josie. My name is Paul Kershaw. I will be handling your arraignment,” said the man.

“Thank you. You seem kind of familiar, have we met?” asked Josie.

“We haven’t met. There is no way I could have forgotten meeting such a charming young lady. You’ll have to forgive me, it has been a while since I have actually defended a case. Typically, I prosecute them. Now I’ve all the evidence the prosecution has against you, but I have also spoken to the Chief of Campus Safety, and he has provided me with his findings, including questioning your fiancée in the hospital,” he said.

“Should I be worried?” asked Josie.

“Typically arraignments are a foregone conclusion when the DA is pushing for a trial, but this is one of those rare times that things are not so cut and dried. I don’t take kindly to abuse of power and luckily I’m in a position to do something about it,” he smiled.

Then Josie remembered where she had seen his face before. He was the Attorney General for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Stuart Carmichael was just about to make some serious points for someone whom he had been hot for since college. While she had become a trophy wife for the last twenty years and recently divorced, he knew he had a decent chance at pursuing her. She was just as he had remembered her in college. Now she was rich too. As he had political aspirations, he knew that she would be interested in him. Hopefully she would fund his run for the Massachusetts General Assembly in two years. How could she resist him? He had already accepted a plea on behalf of her son and his friends and was confident that they would see no jail time. He knew Lemma would be very grateful and he was going to make sure that she was. Being the local DA here had its advantages.

Once everyone was seated in court, they waited for Josie’s name to be called. She was third on the docket. In about fifteen minutes she was called. Josie and her attorney came forward. Mark smiled as he noticed Rondell sitting in the gallery. Rondell smiled at Mark and nodded his head. Mark nodded back. Then his attention turned to the District Attorney.

“Your honor, Ms. Garnier savagely attacked her former lover with a blunt instrument, while her confederates prevented his friends from helping them stopping the attack. I have three sworn affidavits backing the side of the victim’s story.”

“How do you plead to the charge of Attempted Murder, Ms. Garnier?” asked the judge.

“Not guilty, your honor,” said Josie.

“Do you have counsel?”

“Yes, Paul Kershaw, for the defense, your honor”

“Mr. Kershaw?” asked the surprised judge.

Stuart Carmichael was looking at his notes when he heard the attorney representing the defendant identify himself. His pen then dropped to the floor.

“Yes your honor. I am a member of the Massachusetts bar in good standing, and have been a criminal attorney in the past.”

“Very well, you may proceed,” said the judge.

“My opponent keeps referring to Mr. Whitman as the victim. In reality, Jeremy Whitman and his confederates nearly beat his teammate, Jason Martino to death. I have taken the liberty to collect five affidavits with the help of Campus police including eyewitness testimony from a girl who lived in Jackson Hall who witnessed enough of the altercation to verify that Mr. Whitman and his confederates were the aggressors. Additionally Ms. Garnier, Mark Samuels and Patricia Winthrop who are also Sanders students, engaged in violence to save, Mr. Martino from likely death. I am also enclosing as evidence Mr. Martino’s medical records, as they will clearly show that the type of injuries he received were consistent with being beaten by multiple attackers. Finally, we are retrieving security camera footage which captured part of the altercation. Your honor, this young woman was just defending herself and her fiancé, Jason Martino, who was beaten half-dead, from four men including the alleged victim, who outweighed her by more than a hundred pounds. Finally, the police at the behest of Mr. Carmichael made no effort to determine the real cause of the altercation. In fact, Mr. Martino who was the real victim was not even questioned. For that reason, I have ordered my office to do a complete investigation of Mr. Carmichael’s comportment concerning this case to determine if he is guilty of ‘prosecutorial neglect’ or misconduct. I’ve addressed a letter to his superiors suggesting that Mr. Carmichael should be suspended until such a time that the investigation is concluded.

“Your honor, if anything it appears that the esteemed Attorney General is abusing his power, just to get his client off,” said a panicked Carmichael.

“That is certainly not true, your honor. Opposing Counsel may try to impugn me, however, he cannot impugn the facts and the evidence I have presented here. I only decided to come here when I was presented with the facts of this case and the charge of misconduct. My office takes these complaints quite seriously, your honor. When it was determined that the girl did not have counsel, I just stepped in to the role to save the Commonwealth from having to pay for one, and in essence kill two birds with one stone.”

“Mr. Kershaw, I don’t appreciate political grandstanding in my courtroom. That being said, At best, Mr. Carmichael is guilty of selective prosecution at worst gross misconduct. While, a prosecutor has the discretion to choose which party to pursue in such a case, I am curious as to why Ms. Garnier, whose actions appear to be noble, was targeted. Normally, I would suggest that Ms. Garnier should be bound over for trial, however, based upon the evidence presented to me, and the strange or perhaps criminal conduct of Mr. Carmichael, I am ruling that this matter will not go to trial. Case dismissed,” he intoned as banged his gavel.

Everyone flocked around Josie and congratulated her. She hugged Paul and thanked him profusely. “I owe you my life. Thank you!”

“There was absolutely no reason you should have been here in the first place. When Phil Winthrop called me yesterday afternoon and told me about you, I started doing my own digging and came to the conclusion that you were being railroaded. Well I’ll leave you to your friends. Bye Josie.”

“Bye!”

As Josie was mobbed, she became quickly touched and was on the verge of tears, then Mark hugged her and whispered in her ear, “There is someone in the back of the courtroom who wants to see you.”

“Jason!” she screamed as she ran to the back of the room with worry. She saw her wounded fiancée grinning from ear to ear. He looked kind of weak and his face had not yet fully healed, but he looked better than he did when she looked at him this morning when she awoke. Still, she was annoyed that he would risk further injury to himself. “You really are an idiot!” she groaned.

“Yeah, if you haven’t figured that out about me yet, then you must be one too.”

“I must be,” she laughed. “We have to get you back to the hospital.”

“Nope. With some convincing, I got them to discharge me. They told me that they had never seen someone recover so quickly from life threatening injuries. They said at this rate, I would be fully recovered by Wednesday.”

Josie folded her arms bobbed her head and blinked.

“Yup!” said Jason as they both laughed.

“Elsie has volunteered to let me recuperate at her house. Want to join me?”

“Duh!” said Josie.

“You know, my sweet fiancée, I may just be up to…”

“Don’t even think about that! You have to get better first.”

“You make me better, Josie.” smiled Jason.

Josie beamed at him and then saw his smile, was his face really healing or had she just gotten used to it, she thought to herself.