The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Laws of Nature

Chapter II

When he exited the Behavioral Research Institute, Eric was shocked to see that the sky was already totally dark. When Sean had told him about the new research opportunity at the BRI, he had been vague about how long the tests actually took. More specifically, he couldn’t remember and pegged it at “an hour or so.” Eric should have known better than to trust Sean with measurement of time.

Sean and Eric had been friends since their first day at the University. They had met on an Orientation Tour and kept the mind-numbing lecture of the tour guide from killing them by talking to each other, pointing out all of the hot campus chicks, and making fun of the tour guide himself. They became fast friends, quickly working out a symbiotic relationship.

Neither of them was bad looking; they were just very different. Sean was the all-American, blond-haired, blue-eyed jock. He was majoring in Business (for lack of anything better) and had the girls crawling all over him. He was polite, honest, and cute. Just because his prowess was more in his body (and what a body) and less in his head didn’t mean he wasn’t a catch. If anything, it made him more attractive.

Eric, on the other hand, was a mix. He wasn’t as big as Sean (he was a full 6 inches shorter, at 5′9″) but he worked out regularly. He was quiet, but not shy. He was definitely very attractive to women, but he wasn’t the sort that was noticed immediately. One couldn’t help but be attracted to Sean just by looking at him. Spending a few moments with Eric, talking something over, made you realize that he was just as attractive (perhaps more so). He was cute, with his 1/4-asian, 3/4-Irish mix. He was clearly white, but something about his features (especially his smile) had a hint of the exotic. He kept his light brown hair short and spiked, and was known for always wearing shorts. He put you at ease, making you feel more intelligent as he listened and expanded on what you said. He was a History major and would some day make a fine politician.

Both of them were painfully straight.

That they were attracted to each other was undeniable, but it was purely on a fraternal level. They liked the way that the other made them feel, their personalities the perfect complements. They became roommates during their sophomore year, renting an apartment that was delightfully close to campus. His walk from the BRI took about twenty-five minutes.

Eric unlocked the door to the apartment with his key and walked in, glad that it was warmer than the chilled air outside. Sean sat on the couch, watching something ridiculous on Fox.

“Hey dude, how’d it go? Wasn’t it totally amazing?” Sean greeted his roommate cheerfully.

“Yeah, it was okay, I guess,” Eric said, distracted.

“Okay? Dude... Did you do the right experiment? Cognitive Perception and Arousal States? Don’t tell me you went to the wrong one!”

“No... That was the one. The guy... Ian? He’s kind of weird.”

Sean shrugged.

“Hey, if I have to deal with some psych space-cadet to be a part of that study I am totally fine with that.”

“What was it like?”

“Dude, I told you? They hook you up to this machine, you get the blowjob of your life, and they hand you a check for a thirty bucks if you promise to come back!”

“Yeah, I know,” Eric said, still slightly disoriented, feeling the check in his jacket pocket. “But like... That pill, and the blue balls, and all those electrodes...”

Sean laughed.

“Yeah, the blue balls were a bitch, but worth it. The electrodes were kind of cool, though. Kind of like a sci-fi movie. What pill?”

“Dude, even on your nads? That fucking Viagra-on-steroids when he put the... uhh... PM on.”

“Huh? What’s a PM? I don’t know what you’re talking about, dude.”

Eric became visibly more uncomfortable.

“When he put the thing on your dick... didn’t you get a pill that made you hard?”

Sean laughed again, doing nothing to help Eric’s discomfort.

“Dude, I’m half-hard 24-7 anyway. I was totally ready, if you know what I mean. I guess I didn’t need any help...” Sean paused. “Though I do remember something...” He stared straight at Eric, but Eric knew that was just Sean’s standard “look-off-into-space” reaction to thinking hard. “I remember I was totally into it... Bearing down like a motherfucker. I remember that I was close to cumming... And the dude... What was his name again?”

“Ian.”

“Yeah, Ian... I remember him telling me to open my mouth. I remember ‘cause I was so annoyed at him interrupting me. I didn’t want to do it, but then he said it again and he sounded pretty angry. I remember him putting something in my mouth, but I didn’t, like, feel it, you know? There was just a sort of sweet taste for a sec and then it was gone.” Sean stared again for a second before snapping out of it and smiling up at Eric. “Then I kicked back and enjoyed the ride.”

“So you came?”

“Well... No, not right then... That was actually pretty close to when we started. I was so fucking close. But I guess I got distracted by him wanting me to open my mouth and it went away.”

“When did you come?”

“Huh? Oh, after the thing got turned off. You know, blue ball city. You know, I think there was something sweet in my mouth when I came out of it too.”

“Yeah, he gave me a pill when he turned the thing off too. I remember it was sweet. And I don’t remember him saying anything about opening my mouth, but something sweet was in there too when the machine was turned on.”

Sean stared up at his friend who was lost in thought.

“So, you going back?” Sean asked.

“Of course I am,” Eric said immediately.

Later that night...

Ian sat alone in his lab, a single desk lamp illuminating the room. He was filling page after page with notes, his mind still reeling from the events of that night. He finally felt vindicated in his research.

His field of interest had been ridiculed while an undergrad. Even his professors told him to seek other avenues. They told him time and again that he was wasting obvious talent on crackpot research. He had ignored them all. Working as a graduate student, he had developed the Phallic Manipulator. Having no research subjects (let alone funding) he had tested it on itself. He still had a small scar near the base of his penis where one of the earlier models and shocked him.

Night after night, while working toward his degree, he had sat alone in his tiny room, lost in a euphoric sexual high, always orgasming only after a few seconds of stimulation by the PM, after which its effects began to grow painful if left activated. His ejaculation still freshly sending pleasure through his body, he would deactivate the machine and grab his tablet, recording his state of mind, physical reactions, and even the nature of his semen. The limited scope of this form of research was maddening to him.

He knew that there had to be something there. He had observed it in rats. Direct stimulation of the pleasure centers of the rats’ brains caused them not only to become relatively inactive, it made them submissive to other, non-stimulated rats. They would abandon food when another rat showed interest in it, constantly side-stepping another rat when it approached.

That wasn’t highly suspicious by itself. What fascinated Ian was that the rat would perform superbly on tests of intelligence and physical ability when administered certain chemicals. The awkward rat would race through a maze, memorizing it immediately, more importantly without any food or bait at the end of the maze. They would continue to be able to do the maze perfectly as long as the drug remained active in their system (the compound would degrade after about twenty-four hours, or if counteracted with a second drug).

Ian had named the drugs Alpha, Beta, and Gamma compounds. The Alpha drug was what he first tried with the rats, since it was known to flood the neurotransmitters. The Beta drug was a chemical associated with the pleasurable stimulation. When he found that the Alpha drug did nothing, he developed the Gamma drug, resulting in the rat’s temporary heightened intelligence. The Alpha drug actually counteracted the Gamma drug, a result that surprised him a great deal.

Ian had taken this research to his professors for his senior project and was promptly laughed at. They pooh-poohed his findings as shoddy procedure and inability to properly understand rat behavior. Ian knew this wasn’t true. He understood the behaviors of the rats better than that of his professors.

“Lab rat” became his nickname during his graduate work. After two years of laboring in a laboratory, and developing the PM and the Alpha and Gamma drugs for human consumption (the Beta drug wasn’t needed with the newly developed PM, but was instead replaced with a more potent Viagra-like drug, though it kept the name Beta), Ian was sure that he had earned his Ph.D. He had done more research in this field than ten researchers could have done in as many years. He had done it in three.

Ian was crushed when he was informed that the Degree Committee had decided to not award him his doctorate, citing a “questionable experimental procedure” and “failure to behave strictly according to the scientific/ethical standards laid down by the University.” He left the next day, taking a Masters degree with him (that could not be denied him for all the work he had done).

One year later, and he was working for the Behavioral Research Institute, halfway across the country. He soon found that the BRI was happy to let their most brilliant researcher (who was barely 25!) do as he pleased during the night hours. The Trustees of the Institute turned a blind eye in exchange for his incredible prowess during the day, bringing his intellectual abilities to bear on whatever project was before the researchers. In addition, he worked for peanuts.

Night after night, he lured in campus students with a thirty-dollar stipend and the added bonus that word of mouth advertisement told of a fantastic orgasm being part of the package. His research, so far, has only been on males, for a number of reasons. First, all of his initial research had been on himself. “Lab Rat” wasn’t exactly a killer with the ladies during his academic years. Second, men were far more likely to be willing to participate in such a study due to the hyperactive sex drive characteristic of this population and the fact that exposing their genitalia wasn’t as humiliating (usually) as most females would find it.

Ian wasn’t gay. He got no pleasure out of manipulating the penises of his fellow men. Of course, it wouldn’t be entirely accurate to call him straight, either. He was a virgin; he’d never even had a date. High school had been a nightmare, University a blur of laboratories and theses. He had stopped seeing his test subjects as people and more as lab rats. Ironically, that endeared them all the more to him. He felt closer to those he experimented on by night than those he worked with by day.

The other researchers would go home to their spouses, and Ian would stay there at the Institute, awaiting the arrival of his first subject. He would hook them up, administer any drugs they required, and activate the PM. After two to three hours, he would deactivate the machine, administer the Alpha pill to negate the Gamma pills mysterious effects on the subject’s brain, and collect their semen for analysis after they masturbated furiously to release their pent up balls.

Ian set down his pencil, rubbing his eyes as he sat back in the chair. It was well past midnight and he knew he should go home soon before he started making mistakes in his work. Still, he hated going home. The lab was his home. The management wouldn’t let him sleep there (though he frequently did anyway), so he had to maintain a tiny flat, not more than four blocks from the Institute. He ran a hand through his dark brown hair and smiled at Ratty, his best friend. Ian didn’t believe in giving animals ridiculous names. But Ratty was a bit better than “Rattus #3590.” Ratty was currently in his cage, running his wheel. He soon seemed to notice that Ian was staring at him and stopped, pulling himself up against the side of the cage and wriggling his nose at Ian.

“Alright, Ratty, out you go.” Ian took the rat out of the cage and let him scurry around the lab bench. Ian turned back to his work. The analysis of the semen showed that even though the Alpha pill had counteracted the Gamma, the Gamma compound was still present in the subject’s system. The semen had been full of it. No matter. The compound was unstable and would degrade within a day. Subject 19-B’s semen (that is, Eric’s semen) had been just like any other subject’s. The only interesting subject had been 18-B (Sean) who had ejaculated a full twice as much as any of the other sexually active subjects. Ian had thought it first that it might be a side effect, but it turned out to be just something peculiar to Sean.

All of Eric’s stats seemed perfectly consistent with the previous subjects, except for his strange behavior at the end. It was the apparent suggestibility and mental ability, while remaining in a half-unconscious state that had reminded Ian of his rats. What he couldn’t understand was the nipple stimulation. That seemed to be a necessary stimulus, though there was no analogous stimulus in the rats. Eric would obey commands given to him while his nipples were stimulated immediately and unfailingly. Ian, while carefully rubbing Eric’s chest, had asked him to move a large piece of equipment to the other side of the room. Eric immediately went to do it. As soon as Ian had stopped stimulating his nipple, Eric came out of the stupor (though he was still dazed from the experience) and moved the dessicator Ian had indicated. Eric had been conscious of what he was doing and aware that Ian had asked him. When Ian asked him to move a chair (without stimulating his nipple) Eric had refused, saying that he was tired and wanted to go. After a bit of stimulation and commands from Ian, Eric had said that he had changed his mind, apologized for being rude and moved the chair, afterwards sitting in it, pleased to be there.

Ian sent him home soon after, already keeping more than two hours longer than any other subject. The Gamma compound’s normal effects were a heightening of the feelings of pleasure caused by sexual stimulation, drowsiness, and the suggestibility that normally accompanies such a relaxed state (drowsiness, not sexual stimulation). It also prevented orgasm from occurring, a feature that helped lengthen the amount of time the subject could be studied from under a minute to more than two hours. A side effect was the painful testicular fatigue afterward.

But now Ian seemed to have found the effect he was seeking: extreme (total?) suggestibility affecting actions and feelings when accompanied with commands and stimulation of the nipple (either nipple worked, he found). He desperately wanted another subject to test to confirm that it wasn’t a peculiar property of Eric. It was much to late to find a willing subject tonight, however. He picked up Ratty, replaced him in his cage, locked his notes in the filing cabinet by the door and locked his lab on the way out. As he let himself out the back door of the BRI, he couldn’t see him going home and sleeping. Walking the three blocks to his apartment, he saw a used bookstore/coffee shop down the street. He hesitated for a moment and then shrugged. He had never been there before. He called it research. Little did he know that that innocent decision is what brought me into his life, changing it forever.