The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Light and Shadows VI: A Darklight Shines

by J. Darksong

And if you don’t believe
The sun will rise
Stand alone and greet
The coming night
In the last remaining light...
—from The Last Remaining Light by Audioslave
* * *

Ch.1) All I’d Blessed, All I’d Wronged

“Okay, so you’re going over later to get Jess and Katie set up, right?” I asked over my cell phone Bluetooth as I maneuvered the car into the right hand lane.

“Well, it depends,” Megan replied teasingly. “Are you asking me to go over, or telling me? Is it a favor... or a command?”

“It’s just a suggestion,” I said wearily, rolling my eyes skyward. “As in a favor. We do still do favors for one another, without any strings attached. That’s what friends do, yanno?“

“Yes, yes, I know. I just enjoy teasing you now and again,” she said with a laugh. “Don’t worry. I’ll stop by and spruce the place up a bit.”

“Good,” I murmured softly, biting my tongue to keep from snapping. Megan was simply being her normal playful self. Well, NORMAL now that she had her turn personality back again. It didn’t usually bother me, but in my somewhat sleep-deprived state, I was hard pressed to keep my temper under wraps. Of course, I had lots of practice in that by now, but hiding or surpressing my irritation wasn’t the same as not being irritated in the first place.

The problem was that my angel, my dream girl, hadn’t shown up in my dreams for nearly a month now, and I was definitely feeling the strain. While I was on the run, her presence in my dreams was all that had kept me sane. And though I never remembered the exact details of our time together in the ‘dream world’, I always woke feeling refreshed, fulfilled, and ready to face the day. Now, that was gone. I almost wondered if it was in protest of my spending time with Megan, if I’d made her angry, or jealous. Again, I didn’t remember details from our dream conversations, only feelings, and brief flashes now and again, but I got the impression that she not only didn’t mind my being with Megan, but that she actually approved of the girl.

“It’s my pleasure to help,” Megan continued, breaking into my thoughts, “you know that. Funny, though, I would have thought your Dad to be the one to take care of any technological upgrades and gadgetry that needed doing.”

I sighed softly. “Yeah, well, normally he would. Thing is, he left town shortly after Katie moved out... going on some sort of business trip across the country.” And left without telling us goodbye, I added silently. Or at least to Katie and I. I’m pretty sure he talked to Mom before he left, but she is being rather closed-lipped about why. And she seems worried... not pacing-the-walls nervous or anything, just... concerned. Dammit, I hate being kept out of the loop.

“Well, it’s no problem,” Megan continued. “I’d been meaning to stop by and see the girls’ new place. Plus I like having you owe me a favor. It’s just too bad you’re going to be out of town for the next couple of days. Why’d you have to pick Provo, Utah, anyway?”

“Because it’s the only location in the region that is holding the exam at a time I’m actually free,” I reminded her. “If I miss this chance tonight, I’ll have to wait another entire month for the Portland school to offer it, or two for the one back home in River City.”

Yeah, I’d gotten it in my head to try furthering my education again. For several weeks now, I’d been taking online classes in my spare time, studying to get my medical degree. Something about my experience in Midas City spoke to me, and as harrowing an experience as it was, I’d learned just how good and rewarding it could be to save someone’s life. Using my darkness to save first Aurora, then Ruby, was a feeling way beyond anything I’d ever felt before in my life. I mean, yeah, technically, in embracing the life of a costumed super hero, I save people all the time. But that usually involved bashing and smashing the bad guys, charging in like a rhino, destroying some kind of evil robot or machine, or just beating the crap out of some super villain. I didn’t want to be the guy that just beat people up and broke things. I wanted to be the one who helped the sick and injured, and hurt. And the few times I’d used my shadows to heal... well, let’s just say that a few more of those, and I would be the one being carried off to the hospital on a gurney.

Getting my medical degree seemed the perfect answer. Not that I was ready to commit to becoming a full fledged doctor, at least not yet! Becoming a medical assistant was an obtainable goal for now. Becoming a doctor required years of study and practice, not to mention the months spent as an intern simply learning the ropes after obtaining the degree. I could do it... I was pretty sure I had the knowledge base and the smarts to get my doctorate, but to do so I would have to give up my late nights as a super hero. And right now, that just wasn’t an option.

True, Aunt Valerie managed a dual life as a cardiac specialist AND the costumed heroine Amethyst—but that was only after she’d become a doctor, and even then it was more about being with Sarah than having a burning need to leap off rooftops in form fitting colorful spandex.

“Well, good luck on your test, Jimmy,” Megan said sweetly. “I’m sure you’ll ace it. And you’ll make a great M.A. In the meantime, I’m going to grab some lunch before I head down to your sister’s place.”

“Thanks again, Megan,” I replied, taking the exit and crossing over the Utah border. “Tell Katie ‘hi’ for me when you see her.” I tapped my Bluetooth, severing the connection, and focused completely on my driving. I really didn’t like this particular stretch of highway very much. Bad memories. The last time I drove this way I was on the run, tired, weary, pretty much on my last legs, and to top it all off, I ended up getting pulled over—

RRHAHRRHARRHARRHA!!

—by the Utah State Highway Patrol?!? Fuck! Again? On the same stretch of highway, at just about the same mile marker as last time? What the hell? I’m not even speeding! Groaning loudly as I pull off to the side, I shake my head in disbelief, trying to keep my frustration in check. Yeah, only MY luck could be this freaking bad. As the patrolman left his car and came up alongside mine, I slid a hand into the glove compartment and took out the registration and insurance information, and withdrew my license from my wallet.

“License and registration, please,” a bored female voice called out. A disturbingly familiar female voice. Blinking, I peered up at the face underneath the broad brimmed hat, and gasped aloud in shock.

“YOU?!?” I yelled, taken aback, staring into the likewise surprised face of State Trooper Regina Baker, the very same patrolman that had attempted to arrest me the last time! What were the odds? No... never mind. I forgot—in my case, when dealing with luck or probability, the answer was always one hundred percent.

“Huh? It’s you!” she shouted, taking a step back. “You’re that Umbra guy! What the hell are you doing here?”

“It’s not Umbra anymore,” I said with a weary sigh. “I go by Darklight these days. New name, new start, new lease on life. Don’t you watch the news? And anyway, I’m not in costume, so it’s actually just ‘Jimmy’ right now. As for what I’m doing... I was heading to Provo to take an exam at Ameritech College in a about an hour before you pulled me over.” Scowling, crossing my arms, I added, “Speaking of which, why exactly did you pull me over? I wasn’t speeding, or driving irregularly. Did I set off your ‘early warning’ system again?“

“I, um, no, uh, actually,” she sputtered, looking extremely embarrassed. “It’s well... your tail light’s out.”

“REALLY?!?” I exploded in disbelief, my veneer of calmness shattering completely. “That’s what you’re going with? Busted tail light!?! As I recall, that’s what you said the last time you pulled me over, just before you pulled your gun on me!” I growled softly in frustration, barely keeping my bad luck gremlins on their leashes. “This is harassment, plain and simple. You’re upset about the way things turned out, that I was found not guilty at the trial, and this is your way of getting back at me!”

“What? No, no, that’s not it at all!” Regina protested. “I didn’t even know it was you I was pulling over! You’re not even driving the same car!”

I paused at that. Huh. Okay. She has a point. I was currently driving ‘Freya’, Mom’s silver Lexus, while Jenny was being cleaned and Scotchguarded after Jessica’s little, ahem, accident, all over the upholstery. Frankly, the worst part was the smell—even after the interior was spotless, I swear I could still smell it, as if it had been absorbed into Jenny’s very being. Still, focusing back on the here and now...

“It’s my mom’s car,” I replied huffily. “And I happen to know that it is in excellent shape. You said that my tail light is out? Fine. I am going to get out of the car to check myself,” I announced, placing both of my hands up, making a big show of it, before opening the door, stepping out onto the highway. “I gave the car a brief check before I left home,” I continued, walking around behind the car, “and I am absolutely sure that the... the... ah, shit.”

The left tail light was indeed out.

* * *

Mmmm... goddess yes... mmm... oohhhh, Katie, just like that... please... more, please more...

Jessica DuMont groaned aloud, deftly teasing her tender little nub, keeping herself teetering on the brink as the fantasy in her mind played out in agonizing detail. Back pressed up against the shower wall, with the water raining down on her naked flesh, she could almost imagine it was her lover’s fingers playing with pussy instead of her own. Biting her lip, her free hand stole up to her left breast, tweaking her nipple gently before giving it a sharp twist.

“Aaahhhhhhh!” she cried out, bucking from the sensation. She was close, so very close. Normally, that little tweak would have been enough to send her over the edge, but this time she needed more. Her fantasy shifted slightly.... and Katie’s hands were replaced by a set of soft supple lips... a soft tender tongue swirling and teasing her pussy, yet, for the moment, avoiding her clit. Another mouth, with deep purple painted lips clamped down on her left nipple, biting it, teasing it, a plume of sparkling amethyst mist circling her diamond hard nub, sending her arousal higher, while a third mouth, with golden silver lips, both hard yet soft, firm, yet gentle, clamped down on the right... with a sharp almost painful spark of pleasure arcing from them, shooting up into her very being...

Three women, pleasuring her soft naked form, bringing Jessica to heights of pleasure she’d only felt in her most fevered of dreams. She’d never met Aurora LaSilvas in person, but in her fantasy, she knew every inch, every dimple, ever sweet sexy curve, as if she’d experienced them all firsthand herself. Katie’s and Sylvia’s touch she already knew, and cherished deeply... but it was that unknown touch that drew her attention, that individual teasing her hot needy pussy that she felt she should know. And then, the steam lifted, and the mane of golden blonde hair whipped back, revealing her face.

“Ohhhh, Jessica,” Lacie Frasier’s soft sultry voice cooed, just before delving back between her thighs, attacking her clit with a fury. “You taste soooo good...”

“FUUUUCCCCKKK!!” Jessica screamed, cumming explosively. Her knees gave out, and she slumped down the side of the wall. Panting, shuddering, with hot steaming water raining down, she finally relaxed, basking in the pleasure of her release. Uhhnnn... oohhh fuck... oohhh fuck... that was... just... wow... Taking a moment to compose herself, she rose up on shaky legs, and turned off the water.

Damn... what is going on with me these days? I’ve always had something of a strong libido, but this is ridiculous! And the dreams... the fantasies... I’d never even thought about Mrs. Frasier that way until that brief glimpse I’d gotten when she changed into costume in front of me that night. Now... it’s like I can’t stop thinking about her... and the others. She groaned softly, the image of Lacie Frasier’s naked form flashing through her mind causing her arousal to spike yet again. With an effort, she pushed the errant thoughts again, and toweled herself dry.

It’s just a fantasy, anyway, she told herself as she dressed. It’s not as if it would ever happen in real life anyway. There’s no way she would ever even consider being sexual with me... she thinks of me as a child. Huh. Not surprising, I guess, she’s in her fifties, even if she does only look twenty-five. And she DEFINITELY wouldn’t do anything sexual with Katie...

Likewise, there no way Katie would ever consider it. She still remembered the one time she’d casually mentioned it to her lover in passing, after a particularly intense love making. Lacie had just started popping in her fantasies, and lying there in bed next to Katie, she’d made the comment on how much her naked body resembled her mom’s. “Maybe we should invite your mom over to join us some time, and do a side-by-side comparison. Hmm, I wonder if she tastes the same as you...” She almost thought Katie’s head would explode the way her face went red and her eyes had bulged out. She’s gasped and sputtered and shook for almost an entire minute before she could even get the words out. Afterwards, she left, saying she needed to go ‘get some fresh air’, and didn’t return for three hours.

So, yeah, incest is most definitely NOT one of Katie’s kinks, Jess thought with a sigh, padding barefoot into the living room, dropping down into the couch. She’s pretty easygoing, and I can talk her into pretty much anything, but adding Lacie to the mix—probably not gonna happen. And... I guess having Cousin Sylvia doesn’t REALLY count as incest anyway, they’re not related by blood after all. She picked up the remote control, then scowled, glaring at the static filled TV screen. Damn. Satellite dish is still on the fritz. I can’t even distract myself staring mindlessly into the ol’ boob tube!

The doorbell rang, and she hopped up to answer it. Okay, okay, keep yer shirt on. Unless yer cute, and busty, then by all means, feel free to take it off Opening the door, she blinked in surprise, then smiled as a familiar figure carrying a large backpack grinned back at her. “Hey! Tec... I mean, Megan! Sorry, you’re in your civvies. Please, come on in!”

“Thanks, Jessica,” Megan replied, entering the living room, glancing around. “Hmm. Nice. Very nice. You and Katie did a nice job decorating the place. Is she here, by the way?” She asked, glancing down the hallway. “Her brother asked me to come by and help you guys with your electronics. He said you were having satellite and internet issues.”

“He did? Oh yeah, that’s right.” Huh. I just might start to like that guy after all! “Yeah. It’s been a little rough. Our dish has the deluxe package, but it’s only giving us static, and the repair guy said he couldn’t get back out here until sometime next week! So much for ‘customer service’ huh?“

Megan grinned widely, shucking off the backpack, and opening it up. “Don’t worry about that. I brought a few things with me that should do the trick. First, let me check the system and see what’s wrong.” Walking over to the TV, she sighed, and closed her eyes, holding out a hand towards the monitor. Instantly the static cleared, and rows of zeros and ones filled the screen as the dish receiver box began glowing with a bright white light. After a few seconds, the glow faded, and nodding, Megan opened her eyes. “Ah. I think I’ve got it. Feels like a burned out capacitor in the main F1 board.” Kneeling down, she pulled out a small handful of electronic parts. “Should only take a second or two to replace. And while I’m at it, I think I can boost the output a bit and give you some of those ‘bonus’ channels the network usually blocks.” She paused, noticing the gaping stunned look Jessica was giving her. “Huh? What? You don’t WANT any bonus channels?”

“No! I mean, yes, actually, that would be cool, but... well, I was just... I mean... I’ve never seen you use your powers like that before,” she said, eyes wide. “That was... was... um, what WAS that, anyway?”

“Oh, that?” Megan said with a shrug. “That, I am sad to say, is my one and only ‘special power’. I’m a technolocist... I can communicate to machines and electronics in their language. It’s kinda like telepathy, only with machines instead of other people.” She sighed softly. “Kind of useless compared to be able to bench-press a bus, or fly, or shoot lasers from your hands... but it does occasionally help me catch bad guys.” Replacing the damaged component, she switched on the receiver, and after a second or two, the static cleared, rendering a perfect and clear picture. Giving Jessica a warm smile, she added, “And, it occasionally comes in handy for helping some friends get their Satellite TV working again. Now, let’s take a look at your computer.“

Jessica sighed softly, watching her friend work. Megan knelt down on the floor, glancing at the back of the computer tower, giving Jessica a nice peek at the brown haired girl’s ass. Mmmm... yummy! She looks damn good in those hip hugger jeans. I never really noticed with the baggy sweatpants and warm up suits she usually wears, but Techna has a really nice body! She closed her eyes, already picturing the mahogany haired beauty naked, imagining the weight and heft of her breasts in her hands, and the cute little sounds of delight she would make from having them squeezed, and nibbled, and licked...

Gaawwddesss!! What the fuck is wrong with me? she silently screamed, hands clenching tightly. Have I suddenly developed some kind of ‘Super Heroine’ fetish or something? Is every hot sexy woman in tights and a cape I see going to become a sexual fantasy? I love Katie! I love my girlfriend! She’s the one I want to spend the rest of my life with! So... why the fuck can’t I stop thinking about having sex with all these other women?!?

“Wow. You guys are seriously in need of an upgrade,” Megan chided, clucking her tongue. “Can you hand me all of the SRAM cards from the front pocket of my backpack, and the flash drive from my left side pocket? The one third from the right?” she asked, removing the side plate of the tower.

“Um., yeah, sure,” Jessica replied, digging into the backpack. Frowning, she pulled out a small red colored flash drive with a skull and crossbones on it. “Ummm... is THIS the one you were looking for?”

“Huh? Oh, no, no, not that one!” Megan exclaimed with a shake of her head. “Damn, I forgot I was still carrying that thing around. I want the third from the right. The yellow one.”

“Sorry,” Jess answered, handing her the correct one. “So, um, what was the red one? The one with the pirate markings?”

“Pirates?” Megan responded dimly, busily removing and replacing several cards, frowning, then switching them again. “Oh, that? It’s a computer virus. A subliminal worm cluster, actually. Jimmy brought it to me months ago to try and decipher it. Nasty thing, too. It alters your computer’s monitor settings to create a hypnotic visual display that completely brainwashes you, turning you into a helpless, obedient, and mindless thrall.” Still busy working on the computer, she completely missed Jessica’s gasp, as well as the calculating look washing over her face. “Okay. I think that should take care of any hardware issues. Now, I just need to plug in the flash drive and let the computer load and install my system upgrades from there. Should take it a good fifteen to twenty minutes to complete.” Standing up, she glanced around. “Say... mind if you use your bathroom? I drank about a gallon of pop on the drive over here.”

“Oh, sure! No problem. It’s down the hall, first door on the left,” Jessica said with a smile. Waiting until she was around the corner, she knelt back down, hastily pulling out the red colored flash drive from the backpack...

* * *

“Okay. Fine. You got me,” I said sullenly, walking back around to the front of mom’s car. “Just give me the ticket and I’ll be on my way.”

“Actually... nah, just forget it,” Regina replied, placing her pad back on her belt. “I was only going to give you a warning anyway, even before I knew you were the driver. Just... go ahead and go.”

I frowned, glancing at her speculatively. Was this some kind of a set up? “Really? No ticket? No arrest? This seems way too easy. The last time we met face to face, when I came to apologize for what happened, you told me to shove my apology up my ass... and that if you ever pulled me over again you would find a reason to have my ass locked up even if it cost you your badge. And here, now, you have an actual legitimate reason to stop me... and you’re letting me go? Why? What’s the catch?“

“There’s NO catch, alright?!?” she yelled, hands clenched in frustration. “Just... just go, okay? Please... just leave.” She sighed, turning back towards her cruiser. “I have more than enough on my plate to deal with as it is...”

Watching her trudge back towards her car, I sighed inwardly. A part of me said to do exactly what she’d suggested, get in my car and leave. Head off to Provo and take my test just like I had planned. Go on with my life, and leave her alone to figure out her own problems. Yeah... but, of course, being the sucker that I am, I listen to the other part of me that insists I try and be nice and helpful, even if the person doesn’t want my help. The part of me that inevitably ends up getting me into trouble.

“Hold on a second,” I grumbled, walking back towards her again. “There’s obviously something wrong. You’re having a problem, and it’s something that you can’t fix on your own. Why don’t you tell me what it is. Maybe I can help?”

She glared at me for a long moment, her expression unreadable. ”You” she said slowly, somewhere between derision and disbelief “are offering to help me?” Staring her down, my very short fuse lit and about to explode, I forced myself to nod.

“Yes. I am offering to help you. For the life of me, I can’t imagine why, but yes. Despite our differences, you seem like you have something on your mind. And, no, I might not be able to help you, and telling me what’s bothering you MIGHT just be a waste of time... but on the off chance that I CAN be of some help to you... the offer stands.” Crossing my arms at my chest, I glared back at her. “So, what’s it going to be? Are you going to tell me to ‘fuck off’ and continue carrying the burden of whatever it is all by yourself? Or do you want to let me try and help you?” She stared at me for a moment longer before my words had an effect, provoking a reaction from her.

Hugging me tightly and bursting into tears, however, was NOT the reaction I’d expected. Not by a long shot.

“Ohhhhh gaaaawwdd,” she sobbed, clutching me like a life preserve in the middle of a tsunami. “I just... I can’t... I don’t know what to do! I don’t know... sob who else I can sob turn to! Oh god... you have to help me! Please!”

“Um, okay, okay, relax, Miss Baker, I’ll help you,” I said, feeling extremely uncomfortable with this strange and sudden turn of events. “I promised I would. Just... calm down and tell me what’s wrong. What happened?”

“I’m... I’m being... blackmailed,” she said sniffling, turning away, glancing down at her feet. “A man... he contacted me at work... and told me that I have to... sniff have to stop an armored transport coming through this stretch of highway later tonight. He wants me to pull then over and force them to stop... so that he and his group of cronies can hijack it.”

“Hmmm. Using a Utah State Trooper to stop a convoy is... actually pretty clever,” I mused aloud. “A single state trooper flagging down a driver could accomplish alone what a group of hijackers would be hard pressed to do en masse—persuade the convoy to actually stop. Minimal risk to you, as few people are stupid enough to cross a law enforcement officer. Better yet, if anything went wrong, you’d be the scapegoat, the only known quantity involved.” I sighed. “Tricky, but I think we can deal with it. The first step would be to figure out the identity of the person blackmailing you—”

“Oh, I know EXACTLY who the son of a bitch is,” Regina snarled. “The fucking bastard is one of my neighbors. He lives on the next street over from my house, just three houses down.”

Huh. That was... unexpected. “Okay. Fine. Then we just need to go have a little talk with him, and convince him that it’s in his ‘best interests’ to give up his plan, and—”

“NO!” she all but screamed, jerking back from me. “You can’t! You can’t threaten him! You can’t even go after him!” She pulled her gun from her holster, and this time, I was the one who took a step back. “I can’t... I won’t let you go after him!” What the hell?!?

“Hey! Easy with that thing!” I snapped back. “Okay fine! Forget it! I don’t need this! I’m late for a previous appointment anyway!” I stomped back towards my car, then whirled around, too angry to just let it drop and walk away without getting in the last word. “If you’re going to react like this, then to hell with you! If you’re so fucking scared of your reputation, or losing your job, that you won’t even entertain the idea of trying to stop the guy—“

“GODDAMMIT! HE HAS MY DAUGHTER!” she yelled, bursting into tears again.

And just like that, my anger vanished. Her... daughter? Ah, shit. Now... now, I get it. Now I see why she’s so freaked out. Feeling like a complete heel, I pulled her into an comforting embrace once more. Damn. Guess I’ll be staying after all. Ah well... there’s always the Portland exam next month...