The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Little Indians

Chapter 17 – Mrs Beale’s magical trunk

Madeleine roused the household, and told them all what she had seen.

It was clear that Hypatia would be paying them all a visit the next morning, with the Felthings, and those horrible hoods.

Madeleine had also gathered what was planned for Dee, and herself, and their unborn babies.

As Madeleine finished her tale, Poe reached up, and removed her own choker charm.

“I’m sorry you had to see that, Madeleine, but I hope you realise now that Church simply cannot be trusted.

“Lilith, she is preferable to that. Far, far, preferable.

“Pamela, Jennifer, it would be better if you removed your protections. You do not need them now.”

They looked uncertain, but Tsanja’s harrowing experience, and Hypatia’s horrendous plans, had shaken them badly. They removed the choker charms without further discussion.

Pamela and Mrs Beale looked pained as their memories were returned to them. They had grown fond of Lilith, who helped them heal the sick, but only now did they realise the enormity of her actions in Gynt. All the memories of their lost friends were returning.

However, soon both closed their eyes, and smiled, and they looked at Poe with new understanding.

Pamela spoke for them both,

“Poe, you were right. We understand now. It is all for the best.”

Time was pressing, they could not dwell on the past.

“Tsanja will be in need of healing,”

said Mrs Beale, and asked Poe,

“How can we get to her?”

Poe replied,

“It may be some time, we don’t know yet how we are to tackle the accursed Felthings. The poor creatures were once healers, like ourselves, but have had everything ripped out of them. Their souls are enslaved by their black hoods, their bodies are all but dead. It is only by eating Lilith’s flesh that they have power, but they pervert her, and waste her virtue for the Church’s vile deeds.”

Madeleine was surprised to hear Poe speaking of the demon so reverentially. What “virtue” did Poe see in Lilith? Poe had to be challenged.

“Poe, what did you talk to Tsanja about? Why did she visit the demon? Why are you not consumed by her?”

Poe replied, carefully,

“Madeleine, I have not used my choker charm for some time now.”

She produced it, and gazed into the stone’s depths, and showed it in the light. Madeleine and Dee could see that the faint glow was not present.

“You see, this one is quite empty.

“I can hear Lilith clearly, she has plans for all of us. You may think that Gynt has suffered badly from her, but, really, she has protected us from worse things. The Felthings, they have hurt us healers badly, and will enslave the earth if allowed to continue. You saw how perverted Hypatia has become, she has become addicted to the evil pleasure they provide, to their horrible appetites. The Felthings give the Church power over its subjects, but they cannot be controlled. They are become evil, monstrous things. Lilith tried to isolate Toridé, to marshal her strength, but the Felthings were too strong. They broke down her barriers, and have gorged on her flesh.”

“She has arisen in Gynt so that she can replenish herself, and replenish her influence on this Earth..

“It is not so bad, children. Being taken by Lilith is no misfortune. She will treat us all kindly when our time comes.

“Lilith told me when the Church sent out Hypatia and twelve Felthings from Solveig.

“The Church cannot allow Tsanja to give birth. Her child is very special to Lilith. That goes for you two as well, Madeleine, Dee. Lilith has chosen carefully, and her beloved children will help her, they will love her.

“I warned Tsanja, and told her of the Church’s plans, but, at first, she could not bring herself to parley with Lilith. I am grateful that she saw sense at last, and gave up her own baby to Lilith’s care.

“So must we. There is nowhere to hide in Gynt, the Felthings will smell us out, wherever we go. We must seek safety with her, and keep an eye on Tsanja, and hope that the Gods will provide.

Poe drew back the curtains. In the light shining from the window, they could see a Felthing standing at the end of the front path. It was motionless, implacable.

“Penn, you must put on your protections. You are not yet safe where we are going.”

Penn took up his charm again, and closed it around his neck.

Madeleine left the room without looking at him, so Dee took his hand, and led him into Mrs Beale’s room.

A large chest stood against one wall. Penn supposed that it could be used as a table for massage or examinations. A small set of steps were set against it, to make it easy to climb up to the lip.

Pamela and Mrs Beale lifted its lid, and stood aside.

Dee recognised it. She had seen it whilst she was being healed. It was also the chest that Mr and Mrs Beale had spent so much time arguing about, and that he had entered at the end of his long, wasting illness.

Mrs Beale said,

“Madeleine, Dee, I think you should go first. Don’t worry, Lilith will not harm you, you are Lilith’s fondest hope. I will stay behind as long as I can, up here, to see if there is anything I can do for poor Tsanja.”

They looked into the chest, and frowned with worry. Poe pushed in front of them, and climbed the little set of steps. She turned, and smiled, looking out over them all. There were tears in her eyes.

“I hate long goodbyes. I believe that this is the last you will see of me, dears, please take care. Pamela, my love, you have been a blessing to me, and I could not have wished for a kinder, more beautiful child. Jennifer, I know it has been a trial, and you have lost so much, but keep faith dear heart, I know it will be worth it in the end. Children, please, I know it has been hard, but just remember the love you shared. Don’t give it up, you are so beautiful, I hope you know how much you are loved.

“Madeleine, you know how to love, I know, but you must also learn how to forgive.

“Dee, you will find your place in the world, do not despair. You are unique, dear heart, and have so much to give.

“Penn, your course is set in stone, but your fate is to be a sweet one.

“Just let it be, Penn, let it be.”

Poe turned, and stepped carefully into the chest.

She was gone.

Penn looked inside, but he could see nothing. It was obviously demon’s work.

In turn, Madeleine and Dee gingerly made up the steps. Madeleine was carrying her mirror. They stepped into the chest, holding the rim.

Madeleine made a little “Ohhh...” sound as she stepped in, as if the chest was a bath of water at a perfect, comfortable temperature.

They, too, were gone.

Penn was next. Pamela and Mrs Beale stood on either side of him, as he could not see in. They held his arms as he stepped inside, and he was surprised to feel a warm, glowing resistance as he let himself go.

He expected to feel the bottom of the chest, but there was nothing. As he felt himself sinking, he tried to grip the side, and held on with a couple of fingers.

“You’ll be fine, Penn,” Pamela laughed. She gave his fingers a short, sharp smack, and he let go.

He flailed around, but could get no purchase on the smooth wooden sides of the chest. As the shadows arose around his head, he realised that he must be sinking into the demon’s body. He felt the warmth and pleasure surrounding him, as he had felt it with Pamela, and in the cave when he had nearly been taken. This time, however, he was surrounded completely, and he held his breath.

He eventually emerged into some cool air, but could see nothing. He had never seen blackness as dark as this!

Dee gently grabbed his upper arm, then moved down to hold his hand.

“You’re all right, Penn. We’re safe now.”

Madeleine held his other hand with her own, and she gave it a gentle squeeze. This was the first time they had touched for days now, and her touch felt magical. He wanted to reach around her and hold her, but he wasn’t sure how she would react. He settled for squeezing her hand in return, and Madeleine wrapped her hand around two of his fingers, and held him tight.

Penn breathed a sigh of relief.

A rustling beside him announced the appearance of Pamela, who spoke immediately.

“We’ll have to get moving. I hope we can reach Lilith’s heart soon. Poor old Tsanja, I fear her troubles are not over yet.”

They walked for about half an hour, and there were many twists and turns, steep climbs and slippery slopes. Penn could see nothing, and could only sense through his feet. At times, the floor seemed like dirt, and other times, like stone, and, occasionally, like walking on fluffy pillows.

Finally, they arrived in a large clear area, and sat down.

Madeleine brought out the mirror, and they gathered around it.

Tsanja was visible in the mirror, insensate, lying on her bed, her sheets bloodied. A black hood covered her head, like a Felthing’s. It was not the same, though. This hood was not sewn, and it was clear that Tsanja’s skin was still pink, and they all watched her her chest rise and fall fell with the gentle breaths of sleep.

Nothing could be done for her at the moment. It would be too dangerous to return to the surface with those things up there.

“Where are we?” Penn asked, and Dee produced a lamp, and lit it.

The light of the lamp showed nothing of the space they were in. However, Penn could now see everyone’s faces, and could see Madeleine peering into the darkness.

“What can you see, Madeleine?”.

“Penn, I believe we are in Lilith’s heart. She has hollowed out this cave for her own use. It’s huge, Penn. She must have been down here for years.”

Penn looked at his companions: Pamela, Madeleine, Dee, himself.

Mrs Beale was still up top, awaiting news about her daughter.

A mood of sadness seemed to have descended on the others.

“Weren’t there five of us supposed to be down here?” asked Penn.

“Who’s missing?”