The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Luke and the Orb of Thomas the Heretic of the Word

By ”The Mother of Invention

Prologue: The Agent

I could feel eyes on my back as I got off the bus. Someone was watching me, and this was a bad time for that. Very bad. Where were they? I couldn’t see anyone, but I trust my instincts. It was time for desparate action. I’d never see them without them knowing I’d made them. Whoever it was would be too good for that. Once they knew I’d lose my chance to dump my cargo.

Thankfully, Chinatown is full of opportunities. I might not make it, but THEY would never get what I carried. A couple of mouthy kids were arguing in a convenience store. I ducked inside.

* * *

Prologue II: Ted (Happy Day)

I don’t know when the thing showed up in my pack, but probably it was in Chinatown. It was kind of heavy, of course I didn’t realize it was there, and my shoulders were aching a little when I took it off at home. Well, we did walk a pretty long way.

Anyway, it was this weird ball, steel, I guess, like the rails at school. There was a bent cross on top. What the fuck. There were some kind of markings on the bottom, like Chinese maybe. It didn’t look like it was worth anything. But who knew? I decided to take it back to the junk shop and see if they would give me anything for it. Probably came from there.

Mom was on the rampage again, yelling at Luke for not getting the dishes clean. Lazy kid. I snuck out before she noticed I was gone. No reason to get in the line of fire. Some people—I think some people just tend to get into those kinds of situations. Some people just know how to glide on through. That’s me. They never notice you until you’re ready to swoop. It’s all in the timing. I have a good time, and I figure I’m going somewhere. You watch.

The street was quiet. Our neighborhood can change pretty fast, though, you always got to be on your toes. One minute nothing—next minute, you could be dead. I saw Roger Mannis die that way, right out of the blue. Bam! Right in the head. I shook on and off for a week after that one. Takes getting used to, let me tell you. The fucking psychiatrist wanted to get me to talk about Mom, if you can believe that! As if she had fuck-all to do with my life. I just want to get my own place so I don’t have to deal with the bitch. Leave her to Luke!

Anyway, there’s Sammy on the street. “Yo, Sammy, ‘sup?” I said, and all that. Playing at being niggers. I’m glad I’m not a nigger cause the niggers are even more fucked than us, but they’ve got rhythm, got to give them that. So I showed it to Sammy, since we were chillin’. But he didn’t look at it. He just kind of stood there. After a minute he shook his head.

“I feel weird,” he said. What the fuck? “Well, get yourself some asprin or something,” I said, and just like that he turned around and walked off. Never even said goodbye. Fucker. “Sammy!” I said. He turned around again. “What you doing? Are you OK?”

“Yeah, I guess.” He just kind of stood there, like he was stoned or something. “What are you on, man, some kind of bad drugs?”

“No.” He still just stood there.

“Sammy, what the hell is your damage, man, snap out of it.” Sammy finally shook his head and smiled. “Hey, man,” he said, “I’m sorry. Let’s, like, get some ice cream or something.” I had a few bucks so off we went. Figured I could stop at the junk shop on the way back.

So there was walking down the street and making like homies when we saw Cheryl and Shavauna, so we’re like, “Hey, Cheryl, you getting any lately?” and she’s like, “Fuck you, assholes,” cause she thinks she’s cool. So I said, “You know you want it, bitch,” and she says, “Look, I would not want it with YOU even if your thing was big enough to do it with. Of course this is not to be said around me, so I get in her face.

“Look, bitch, you have not seen the THING, but if you should ever be so lucky, you will most definitely feel most compelled to suck it and take care of it, and if you do not mind your big mouth, I will make you do it now, bitch.” It might sound sassy, but I didn’t mean anything by it. If I got mad, you would know it. Shavauna and Sammy watching and making oohs and aahs, like a fight crowd. Couple of people drifting down the street seemed to be getting interested too.

“You think I’m afraid of you, you pissant lil puppy. Now get outa ma way before I call my boyfriend.” She had a cellphone.

“Your boyfriend ain’t got nothing to say to me bitch, who you going with anyhow?”

“Charlie Ray.” I would not want to mess with that mothafucka, let me tell you, but he wasn’t here, anyhow.

“Well, what if he comes and finds you just giving me head, huh, bitch? He wouldn’t say nothing, would he?”

“Oh fuck you. I wouldn’t TOUCH you...” She was getting going.

“Come on bitch, open up, give it to me, come on now, suck me off.” I was just teasing, but she did it. Don’t ask me why. I guess I’m just irresistible. She opened up those pretty red-painted lips and knelt down. She was still, like, complaining, but she couldn’t make words with her mouth open, like it was being held open.

All of a sudden everyone was watching quiet, then after a second they was all laughing and cheering, cause she unzipped my jeans and pulled out my dick. It got hard in about one second, it was getting hard so fast I remember it hurt a little. She started sucking with everyone watching, Sammy and Shavauna and Alex and Donny Brown was just coming down the street and Donny’s little boy and this white punk chick called Suzy. Shavauna started going on, like, “Cheryl, have you lost it, girl, when Charlie hears about this you going be in a BAD way, girl, quit it, now, what you doing?”

“Shut up, bitch,” I said, and she just did. It was funny, her mouth kept moving, but she stopped talking just like that. She looked scared. Of course, I was thinking the same thing—why was Cheryl doing this. I hoped it didn’t mean getting beat up by Charlie. Like maybe Cheryl hated me for something and wanted him to kick my ass, but this was a strange way to do it. Probably she just couldn’t resist me, like I said. Cheryl was pumping up and down on me, still kind of complaining, or maybe she was moaning like she was turned on. Shavauna came over like she was gonna shove me or something, and I said, “Watch that.” I had this sudden feeling of power, like I could do anything. “Just don’t move, bitch, don’t fucking move.” And she didn’t, she stood there, breasts heaving up and down. She had on a kind of halter top or something that showed a fair amount and I watched her as I came in Cheryl’s mouth. It was fucking great, no other word for it, just fucking great. She kind of almost bit me at the end when I pulled out, but I didn’t mind, figured she gave me my money’s worth if you know what I mean—except I didn’t pay her nothing!

I zipped myself up, feeling like the king of the fucking world. “Now you tell your Charlie Ray how great was, hear, you tell him from me,” I said, and me and Sammy just moved on down the road, laughing about what fun it was to have girls sucking us off all the time.

One great fuckin’ day. Anyhow I never got around to selling that ball. Probably ain’t worth nothing anyhow.

* * *

Chapter 1: Another Bad Day

I wish to God mom would just leave me alone. I mean, what’s the point of wishing—that’s what Father Michael says, leave your wishing to God, and He will take care of you. But Father Michael doesn’t really know what it’s like. He’s a nice guy but I don’t think he has any fun in life. I mean, I don’t either, except for playing ball, but at least I WANT to. I want a girlfriend even if none of them want me! He’s not allowed to have a girlfriend. I wonder if he became a priest just because he couldn’t get a girlfriend anyway?

Anyway I just do wish it, I mean, why does it always have to be me that has to do everything, clean the sink, do the dishes, give her her bath, bubbles and all, mop the floor, dust the bookshelves, empty the litterbox, you name it. And I swear, Ted never does anything. I mean, he never even does the dishes. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do a dish. I do all his laundry. It’s just not fair.

Not that she cares about fair. I mean, I don’t mean to be disrespectful of my parent and all, but when she gets going on me, well she goes past disrespectful and into some whole new realm. Some, like, whole new COUNTRY of disrespect, like she was the GODDESS of disrespect. I mean, she called me a snot dripping today. She found some tiny speck of dust on the floor after I swept it, and I thought I did a OK job, but there was a piece of dust on the floor, and I said,

“OK, mom, so you can’t eat off the floor after I’ve swept it. Big deal mom! You planning to have breakfast on the floor mom!” and I don’t know why I didn’t just leave her alone like I had a brain, but she totally let go on me,

“You STUPID, LAZY, PISS-POOR SNIVELING SNOB,” she screamed. “You snot dripping! You’re disgusting. If it weren’t for Ted I’d wish I’d never looked at your daddy, he was as butt-ass lazy as you. He never could do a damned thing right, I remember once he was going down on me and he wanted to do it with some damned vegetable! A carrot! I should have shoved it into his eye. That pissant. I don’t know how Ted could have come from that loser. You’re the one that takes after him all right. You’re the one. I don’t see how the two of you could be twins, not at all.”

Of course that shut me up like it always does and I went back to work. She’s right about one thing. I’m a total loser. Last night when I was praying, I guess Ted was in bed, I thought he wasn’t home yet, cause of COURSE you never let Ted see you praying, but he must have heard me and woke up. I couldn’t see him cause you keep the light off not to wake mom. She’s a light sleeper. Anyway so he threw this heavy ball at me and laughed his head off.

“Preacher’s baby, preacher’s baby,” he chanted. “You gonna pray the dishes clean, baby? Here’s a little Easter egg for the good Catholic baby! Eat this, little baby! Little baby eat a eastew egg!” Of course, Ted never wakes mom, no matter how loud he shouts, but he knows I can’t say anything back without her waking up and giving me a lickin.

The weird thing is that I felt this, like, total compulsion to eat it. I actually started to try, I picked it up and thought about how I could get it in pieces to eat. I wasn’t paying attention to the pain of where it hit me in the stomach, and you know you can count on Ted to make it hurt good. I’m glad it didn’t hit me in the head, it could have broken my nose. Anyway the compulsion went away after a moment.

Actually, it did have some kind of cross on it; it scratched me. I don’t know what it is, but it hurt like Hell. Heavy. I showed it to Father Michael that Sunday and he said it was very old. A strange prayer object from someone called “Thomas the Heretic of the Word”. There was an inscription in Latin. Since Thomas was a heretic he said it wouldn’t be worth anything, I should probably get rid of it, no museum would want it, but I guess I kind of like the idea of myself as a heretic. Don’t ask me why. I’m not smart enough to be real heretic! Anyway I hid it in one of my shoeboxes. Maybe someday I’ll throw it back at Ted.

* * *

Chapter 2: The Strange Experience of Ricky

Today I had the strangest experience. Ricky Johnson was picking on me, like he always used to, and he had this baseball bat, he was poking me with it, threatening to beat me up.

“Come on, wussy-wussy. Let’s see your little titties.” He poked my chest. I tried to push the bat away, but he kept coming like always. I looked around for a teacher or something. Of course, Andrea Larkin had to be coming down the hall. She’s the girl I like, of course I never talk to her or anything, I’m too shy, but she’s really smart and gets picked on by the girls. So I didn’t want her to see me looking like a wussy.

“Quit that, you bastard,” I said.

“Bastard,” he mimicked. I HATE that.

“Just...stick that thing up your ass! Till it comes out your ears!”

I don’t suppose that kind of language is likely to impress Andrea, but at least I was trying. Then the weird thing happened. Ricky turned kind of green and started to take off his pants.

“Ricky, what’s wrong with you, stop it!” I said. He stopped, looking relieved, then he ran away. Now what do you suppose that was about? I said Hi to Andrea and she said Hi to me, and there was a shy silence and said she had math class and she’d see me later, and I said OK, which is our longest conversation to date, so I guess I didn’t do totally the wrong thing.

But what happened to Ricky? Anyway he’s left me alone since then. In fact he avoids me like the plague.

* * *

Chapter 3: Mom Again, Basketball, and Andrea

That afternoon Mom really gave me hell. She was starting to hit me but then she stopped, which is weird. But hey, I don’t mind. I’m beginning to suspect that people are listening to me more for some reason. Like Mom—she stopped when I said “Stop it”. That’s never bothered her before! But she still made me wash her and lick her pussy. Then she went to sleep, drunk as usual, so I got to finish folding and then play ball for a while, but when I was folding, Ted pulled a lock of my hair out when I was folding. Amazing how much that hurts.

“Ted, I hate you,” I gritted through my teeth. He laughed.

“Does um want um’s haiw back?” he taunted, dancing out of reach. I ran after him for a while until he kicked me in the face then I figured I’d had enough. He’s just a better fighter than me, always was.

Playing ball, I got passed to a lot. I was starting to feel pretty sure about what I said, I mean, that people were listening to me, cause when I said “Pass it here”, Danny Hosko DID pass it to me, and he never passes at all. I didn’t think he knew how. He looked a little uncomfortable, maybe cause he hadn’t done it before. I wouldn’t have said anything if I’d known he had the ball, John G. gave it to him.

So I started to experiment. When said “Shoot”, John shot, and he never shoots. When I said, “Drop it”, Charlie dropped it and I grabbed it. I started to feel really weird and I stopped. Besides Danny was starting to get pissed and I didn’t want another fight on my hands. Mom’d already given me a good one across the face, and my head was bleeding.

So, anyway, this was all a really great thing for me in one way. People started leaving me alone a lot more, which was better. I mean, I still didn’t have a lot of friends, but at least I wasn’t getting in fights. And I could stop Mom from hitting me sometimes, when I said “stop it!". Ted was still going out with that black girl Shavauna, he wasn’t around to bother me much. So I had time to play, and people started wanting me on their team because people on my team were passing more. Best of all, I had more time for homework, and actually started to catch up on my math. Life had never been better.

The thing was, I was starting to get more confident. Especially cause I wasn’t getting hit as much. I think I was walking different, even. Funny how you notice those things. Asking questions in class (well Social Studies anyway, that’s where I’m best). Finally I decided to take the big chance and asked Andrea Larkin to come to lunch with me. This year you can get lunch off school grounds if your parents sign the slip, and Mom had actually signed it for me, cause I cleaned and cleaned and asked really nicely. She’s been getting nicer anyway, same as everyone. And I was pretty sure Andrea goes out sometimes because she’s missing from the cafeteria a lot of days. I know she doesn’t have much money either but there’s this sub shop called Vinnie’s where you can get a tuna sub for $2.75.

I found her outside her math class that gets out right before lunch, and I just waited in the hall, and asked her as bold as you like, “Hey, Andrea, you doing anything for lunch?” Just as casual, only I think was blushing pretty hard. Anyway she blushed too and said “Um, OK,” and we went to Vinnie’s. It was really nice. Once she gets going she can actually talk a lot, and she talked all about Mrs. Freedman and how she knows all about American history and stuff. She’s really impressed with that. People knowing stuff. She wants to be teacher, or even a professor, when she grows up. It’s funny, but I never thought of what I was going to be. Just busy getting by I guess. When she asked me I just said,

“Oh, I don’t know, I mean, I like learning and stuff too, but I don’t think I’m smart enough to be a teacher.” Andrea said she always thought I was smart, which was really nice of her even if she didn’t mean it. I mean, she has like the best grades in the school and I get C’s.

Unfortunately, Harriet Sullivan saw us coming back and whistled, and a whole bunch of those girls—her crowd—came over to make fun of us for being together. “Hey, I didn’t think you had a BOYFRIEND”, said Sharlice, and Vena chimed in too, “Look at the two love-birds. I wonder if they even know what to do...", and Harriet said “I bet she gives good head, don’t you give good head Andrea?", and we were just blushing and blushing until I said, “You guys all leave us alone!” being as brave as I could, and they all left.

We were late for gym so we just hurried to class after that. I felt really bad for getting Andrea in trouble with those black girls but at least they’d left when I said. Boy that really helps sometimes! I wish I knew why it happened.

* * *

Chapter 4: More About Andrea

Well, me and Andrea started spending a little more time together. I couldn’t really spend time with her after school very often, just sometimes if Mom went to sleep early and I was done with chores. But sometimes on weekends and we went to lunch about once a week, that was all we could afford. Also we talked on the phone a fair amount. Once when Ted told me to get off the phone I told him to shut up and he just shut up a minute, and he went outside and left our room to me. That was nice cause I could talk to Andrea without him hearing. Not that he cared.

But at lunch a couple of days after the thing with Harriet and her friends, Andrea asked me about it.

“Why do you suppose they all just left us alone, Luke? I mean, they just seemed to change their mind, like they cared that we were all going to be late for class or something.”

I answered without thinking. “Oh, these days people usually do what I tell them.”

She looked at me doubtfully. “Huh?”

I thought about it. “Well, I guess I don’t know what to say about it, I mean, it started happening around the middle of fall term, I guess. People just started mostly doing what I say. If I tell them something.” She was still looking skeptical. “Well, I know it sounds weird, but what can I tell you? It’s been great. Gets my Mom off my back when she’s really mad and stuff.”

“You mean, you just tell people to leave you alone and they will? Come on.” I just looked at her like, “I know, I know, but it’s true,” and she said, “OK, come on, show me. Make me do something.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah, come on, if you really mean it, make me do something.”

“Like what?”

“Oh come on Luke, you just can’t be serious. I mean, I’ve always thought you were a normal person. I mean rational. Are you just playing an adolescent joke on me?”

“No, no, I mean, I’m sorry, I can’t explain it, but....”

“OK, let’s see. Make me—make me spill my water here.”

I thought about it for a moment. It was weird. But I was pretty sure what would happen. “OK, spill your water.” She knocked it over with her hand, and then she REALLY couldn’t believe it. She just stared at me.

“What the HELL was that Luke?” And you know she never swears. Of course. “Do that again!”

Her napkin was all soaked. I looked around to see if anyone was watching, but they weren’t. “You want to spill more water?”

“No, something else, something else, I’m ready for you this time, I want to feel it happen to me.”

“Pull your hair.” So she did, she just sat there pulling it, and she got the funniest expression on her face, concentrating really hard, and I just had to giggle. “I can’t believe it,” she said, still pulling her hair with one hand. “I can’t stop. I just can’t. I’m trying as hard as I can. Here.” She reached up with the other hand and started pulling her hair, and then she could take the first hand off.

“I can do it with either hand, but I have to keep going. How long is this going to last Luke? I mean, if you don’t tell me to stop, will I just stay this way for the rest of my life?”

“Um, I think it goes away overnight. I’m not sure.” She looked a little scared. Besides, people were staring.

“Take it off,” she said, right at the same time as I said “Stop”. Then she looked at me with this really amazed expression for a really long time.

“You know, you could take over the world,” she said. “There’s no limit to what you can do with that power of yours. You could do ANYTHING. ANYTHING.” She looked at me really intensely. “You haven’t realized that, have you?”

“Oh, I mean, I could never really DO anything with it,” I said nervously, “I mean, what would people say? It’s not like, you can just take over. I mean you could, but people would get you back later. You have to promise not tell anyone, OK? Because if anyone knew, they would just kill me. I mean really.”

“They’d never believe it even if they did know, Luke.”

“What do you mean?”

“The only way someone could actually believe that you can do this is if you’re really obvious about it. You’d have to do something crazy like telling them to jump off a cliff. Even that—people would think it was suicide. Besides, what if you told them to forget it was because of you?”

“Um, I never thought about all that. Mostly it’s just been a really great way to get my Mom to stop beating on me.”

“Well, why don’t you get her to let you out of the house earlier? You’re always doing chores. Have her make Ted do them!”

“I couldn’t do that. Mom’d figure it out and kill me.”

“I don’t think so. I mean, it’s not such an unreasonable thing for you to say, is it—I want my brother to do some chores?”

“Well, you might not think so, but he’s never done a lick of work around the house, ever. I do everything. She never does any work either. I mean, I know I shouldn’t tell you that, but I guess while I’m telling you the other thing, you might as well know. But she would NEVER make Ted work. She has this idea that I’m the bad one and he’s the good one, and I have to do all the work.”

She looked at me worriedly. “That’s pretty weird, Luke. I mean, I’m sorry to hear it.”

“Well, it’s just life, you know? I mean, it’s OK, you get used to it, but there’s not a lot of time left over for hanging out.”

“But there has to be a way you can change things...let’s see...I don’t know, I’ll think about it, and I’ll come up with something. You wait.” That made me a little worried. What was she going to tell me? Anyway we went back to school about that time.

* * *

Chapter 5: The Idea

The next day was Tuesday, and I didn’t get to see Andrea all day. We didn’t have any classes that day, and I had to go right home and take care of things. Mom had been sick, and she wanted a lot of attention from me when she was sick. Ted stayed home and made fun of me. Anyway.

Wednesday I found Andrea at lunch, and we got a chance to talk. When Harriet came over to bother us, Andrea said, “Hey, leave us alone, would you?", so I got to say, “Yeah, leave us alone”. At first I thought, OK, we got lucky on the timing (cause, I mean, I could never say just “Leave us alone” just like that, I’d always make it a question). Then I thought, oh maybe Andrea’s figured something out. And she had. She leaned over at me and talked excitedly.

“Luke, I’ve got a lot of ideas, and there are some experiments we need to do to figure out exactly what the rules are, but first of all, I have to ask you a question.”

“Yeah?” I guess my worry showed a little.

“Yeah. This is the rub. Luke, you have to understand something. I’ve thought and thought about this, and there’s no way to get around it. If you go ahead and work on this with me, things are going to change. I think the changes are going to be for the better—I really do—but I can’t tell you that for sure. The one thing I do know is that it’s a big deal. This is your last chance to bug out. I mean it. This is the last chance you’ll have to just forget the whole thing. Because once we get going, things’ll have a momentum, and it’ll be too late. You understand me?”

“Uh-huh. Well, hey, I’m not afraid. I mean, we’ll just have to be careful.”

“I hoped you would say that. And I hope you’re right.” We both sat silent for a minute. Then she took a piece of paper out of her notebook.

“OK,” she said. Here are some exercises I want to try with you, to see what the effects are. We’ll just keep it quiet and pretend we’re just talking. OK. As I give you each of these exercises, I want you to say it back to me. Ready?”

“Ready.”

“Andrea, your left hand is green.”

“Huh?”

“Say it back to me.”

“Oh, sorry. Andrea, your left hand is green.”

“Nothing happened. That’s what I expected. Next: Andrea, believe me, you have a green hand.”

“Andrea, believe me, you have a green hand.” She grinned suddenly. Her hands were under the table.

“Oh, that is so amazing!” She looked around to make sure no one noticed our conversation. “I just feel like—I mean I just BELIEVE that my hand is green! I don’t know why it’s green, but I just know that it is. At the same time, I don’t know why it would be.” She pulled her left hand out and looked at it, turned it around. “It doesn’t really LOOK green, but I’m making a mistake. I mean, it really is green even if it doesn’t look it. OK, Luke—oh wait, let’s do this according to the sheet. Say this: your hand is not green.”

“Your hand is not green.”

“Yes it is.” She giggled a little oddly. “OK, next. Andrea, you do not believe that your hand is green. No, I mean, Do not believe that your hand is green.”

“Do not believe that your hand is green.”

“Thank you. That was giving me a headache. You see what I mean? We’re figuring out exactly what the rules are. Ready to go on?”

“Ready.” I was a little afraid but mostly really excited. I never thought of doing something like that! Never mind green hands. I could tell mom that she believed Ted should work. It might confuse her though...but I suddenly felt sure Andrea could come up with a way to make it work out.

“OK, here’s the one we’ve all been waiting for: Andrea, perceive your hand as green.”

“Andrea, perceive your hand as green.” She was looking at her hand as I said this and her eyes nearly bugged out of her head. I looked around—no one was still paying any attention to us. “Do you like the shade?”

“Luke, that’s so cool. I have a green hand. I mean, I don’t BELIEVE it’s green any more, but it just LOOKS that way. It’s a nice forest green. Here’s the thing: we need to know exactly how long it lasts. So leave it green and I’ll see when it fades. Just one more thing. Think of a number, a big one.”

“Four thousand and six.”

“OK, now say this: Andrea, forget the number.”

“Andrea, forget the number.”

“Oh, that’s so WEIRD, Luke, it is so weird, so weird, I can’t remember that number.”

“Four thousand and six.”

“No, no, don’t remind me. Tell me to forget it again.”

“Forget the number again.”

“Ah! Thank you. Now don’t tell me. I want to see if it comes back when my hand fades. Because if it doesn’t, you have a lot more power.”

“Why?”

“Because if it doesn’t come back, that means that you can make someone forget something COMPLETELY, PERMANENTLY. Not just until tomorrow. Get it now?”

“Hm. Not really.”

“Well, you’ll see. Now it’s time for gym. Let me just suggest one more thing to say to your mom: ‘Believe me, mom, Ted should do a little work too. Otherwise, he’ll get spoiled.’”

“Mmm...I don’t know. I’ll think about it.”

“OK, Luke. And I’ll see you here tomorrow, OK?”

“OK. Thanks for figuring this stuff out for me, Andrea.”

She smiled. “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

All evening, my pulse was pounding all through my body and my head whenever I thought about what Andrea had said. For some reason I kept seeing this guillotine falling down, razor sharp. I kept thinking about what Andrea had said but I didn’t do anything. Tomorrow, I told myself. I’ll try it tomorrow.

* * *

Chapter 6: Tomorrow Never Comes

Well, in the morning I had a bunch of homework to do, and I saw Andrea, but she had to go to the library and study. I just told her nothing had happened yet, but I was working on it.

At gym everyone was shouting at me because Ted had dressed up like me and pulled Sarah Marie’s skirt off, and also he started a fight with Barton, then ran off and changed. God I hate him. I know I’m not supposed to hate him, God, but I do. Not only did I get in trouble for Sarah Marie’s dress, I didn’t even get to see her underwear. I told Gerhard that it wasn’t me, it was Ted, and he told me to tell everyone, but I said they wouldn’t believe me. Nobody believes me.

Back at home, Mom was in terrible mood. Soon as I came in the door, she glowered at me. “Luke, the dishes are dirty.” She sounded like she was saying someone had died and it was my fault. “Come with me right now.” She wanted me to go in the bedroom with her and lick her pussy. I knew it, but there nothing you can do. You just come come with.

“I’ve been feeling very tense,” she said, in her kind of patient-explaining way that she has, “And this is partially your fault because you’ve been slack on your chores. I want you to help me out with my tension by giving me a little relief here.” She took off her pants and lay down and I had to lick her till she came. She wants me to be on my hands and knees to do it, and I finally figured out she likes to pretend I’m a dog. Anyway. Once she came she was in a better mood and she let me go play. But I certainly wasn’t going to try anything fancy on a day like that. You just get so damned tense, maybe she can give you tension, anyway you get to feeling so weird inside and nothing will help.

Next day I avoided Andrea because I still hadn’t tried anything, but she just said hi to me like nothing was happening. I felt like I was letting her down. Back at home Mom was really drunk and I just cleaned up and went out to play ball.

Thursday, Andrea found me in the lunch room. “Hi, Luke,” she said. “How’re you doing?”

“Not to bad, but I still haven’t tried anything at home. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry, Luke. We can practice here. You’ll get used to it.”

“Practice here? How?”

“Oh, I don’t know. Lots of ways. Like with Harriet, here. Tell her to do what I say.” Harriet and all those black girls were at the next table.

“But people will hear!”

“Tell them all to do what I say. I’ll make them forget it.”

“Are you sure Andrea? What if we get caught? If people found out about it, I’d be in deep shit!”

“Don’t worry so much. Here—we’ll come up with an excuse...Um, let me think.” She thought for a while. “OK, here’s what we’ll do. I’ll ask Harriet to see her math homework. She’ll say no, you tell her to do what I say. People won’t think it’s too weird if she does.”

“I guess.”

“OK, come on, let’s try it. Nothing’s going to happen, Luke!” She looked so INTERESTED, like she was doing a famous experiment or something.

“Oh, all right. But I’m not promising anything.”

“OK. Hey, Harriet, let me see your math homework, would you?” Harriet just ignored her. No surprise there. I chimed in, trying to sound normal.

“Harriet, do what she says.” Nothing happened. Harriet kept talking to her friends, and you could see they were kind of making fun of us, but then Andrea said,

“Harriet, let me see your math homework.” Harriet kind of stopped talking and looked annoyed, then reached into her bag and got out the handout and gave it to Andrea. “Thanks, Harriet, see, I knew you’re not as mean as you make out. In fact, we’ve been getting along so well lately that you’ve told me about your first sexual experience. Why don’t you tell all the girls about it? Tell them now.” Harriet looked grumpy.

“Well, it weren’t no big deal, I mean, it was just me and Eddy Biggs playing around under the bridge by the apartments.”

“Come on, tell us more, in fact, show us. What did you do? Demonstrate with Luke here. Believe me, it’s what you want to do, you wouldn’t do it because I told you to.” Harriet came over to me and she kind of tentatively reached over and grabbed my hand then she leaned over and kissed me on the lips. I was pretty much in shock. I’d only had one girl kiss me before and that was Jenny Lou Weidler in eighth grade, and she always hated me after that. And I should probably admit this, I really have a thing for black girls. I mean, I know they’d never do anything with me, only I guess I was wrong about that! When she kissed me, her lips were kind of thick and soft and brown, and I felt my dick get hard really fast, it almost hurt a little. I guess I kissed back a little, I wanted to. I put my arm around her sort of, and she wiggled a little. It actually felt really good, but I was so nervous I was shaking pretty hard, in fact, Vena said “Look at him shake. Poor fucker’s all nervous!” That kind of broke the ice and the other girls all started chatting and kidding around about us, just like it was a normal thing that was happening, like it really was Harriet’s idea.

Harriet kissed me again and I kissed back a little better, then she put her hand on my dick through my pants. I couldn’t even believe it. When she did that, and she kind of moved it back and forth a little, I was just, like, I don’t know but my mouth was hanging open. I was really embarrassed that everyone was watching, and I was really glad that the action has hidden from the rest of the room by the tables. At the same time it felt so good I almost couldn’t stand it, and I didn’t know what would happen if she stopped! My heart was pounding way too hard. She rubbed her hand sort of around on my dick through my pants, then she took my hand and put it between her legs. She only had on a miniskirt, so I felt her underwear right away, it was a slippery kind, very sexy, and she rubbed my hand into her clit, I could feel it. She was breathing a little harder in my ear, too, and I could tell that people around the room were starting to notice and my face got redder and redder.

Then she put her hand inside my pants. It touched my dick! She was holding onto it and kind of sliding her hand up and down it and pulling a little and I felt myself come. I think I kind of leaned into her as I did, I was just out of it. I had this rush, of like, I can’t explain, but it just rang through my head, “I’m coming on Harriet’s hand!” and I was sure the whole world was watching me. I could feel a little wetness where my hand was still touching her.

Then she pulled her hand out and wiped it on my jeans. She looked into my eyes kind of sweetly for a minute, then she turned back to her friends and she said, “See, I can do it whenever I want to. I tole you. I tole you. Anytime, anyWHERE.” I was just listening, I couldn’t do anything. Vena said, “But Luke Skywalker here? Why him?” and Harriet said, “I pick my OWN boyfriends, don’t you sass my ass girl!” and they just moved back to their table and kept talking. Harriet was still boasting.

Andrea took me out of there out in the back and she rubbed her hand on my back a little and said, “See, she thinks it’s her own idea. You can do ANYTHING Luke.” But she sounded kind of small and worried. But something kind of exploded in me. I started to scream at her.

“Andrea, I HATE you! You take over my life, you just take over and make it happen between me and that girl! What’s wrong with you? I could get a DISEASE! Everyone could SEE ME!!” and then I ran away off onto Madison street, just ran as hard as I could, Andrea couldn’t catch me, but she tried, she called out after me and said she was sorry but I couldn’t stop, I just ran and ran, all the way to Guardian when I had to stop. My face was all wet with tears and sweat, and I wiped it off, but it was all dirty then, I felt SO dirty, like I’d done something horrible, I just KNEW you couldn’t do stuff like that, something terrible would happen. I was sure I would be dead by tonight. I was shaking with the fear of it, even though I was too tired to keep running, because I knew I wouldn’t live to see another dawn.

I walked around the rest of the afternoon, just skipping school and walking around on Guardian looking in windows and reading newspapers and shit. I couldn’t really think. When I got home mom started right in on me and I just said “Leave me alone mom. Just leave me alone,” and went in my room and closed the door. I lay and read The Shining until Ted came home later and he started in on me, he said, “Lukey done em’s chores yet? How come you ain’t done your chores yet, Lukey. Mom!” I said, “Ted, do it yourself,” and just like that, off he went. I didn’t think to make him believe it was his own idea or anything like that. He just had to do it. I didn’t even think about it, just lay reading with my mind a blank. But he must have gotten really mad when he had to do all those chores without thinking it was his idea, because around five, when he was done I guess, he came running in and started to beat me up as hard as he could. He was all hysterical, crying and hitting me in the face until I said “Ted, stop,” and then he had to stop but he was still kind of jerking his arms around like he wanted to be hitting me and tears were streaming down his face.

His arms kept jerking as he went over to his own bed and curled up against the wall. I didn’t want to be in there with him, so I went down to the library and read until bedtime. Then I came home and had some food. Mom saw me and hid in her room. I wondered how long it would be before she stopped leaving me alone. It was good though, and it made me think about Andrea in a good way, just for a minute. Then I went to bed and slept like a baby. Ted was asleep already.

I stayed home from school next day and thought about things. It was nice to have the house to myself. Regularly mom would have made me go to school but she seemed to be still leaving me alone in the morning. So I just around and thought. Why had what I told mom kept working overnight? Was it because mom was my relative? Maybe it would never go away and she would have to just leave me alone forever. That was kind of scary, I mean, what if she needed to tell me something? I felt afraid of losing her, but at the same time, I was glad she was leaving me alone. I decided to wait and see, and spent the rest of the day dreaming and reading. I decided that when I saw Andrea I would say I was sorry. But I was still really afraid to talk to her.

After math class, Harriet came up to me. “How’s it hanging dude?” she asked, acting all cool and sexy. I’d forgotten she thought the whole thing was her idea. I tried to act cool too. “Hey, be cool, be cool,” I said. We hung out for a while and I kept acting cool and saying cool stuff, we did a little dance thing to some rap music that she had. Vena came by and saw us and didn’t really know what to say. None of those girls ever hung with a white boy before I think.

So I was all thinking of Harriet when I saw Andrea at lunch. But then I saw her and she was all upset. She came right over to me and started right in, “Luke, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know what I was doing, I can’t believe I was so STUPID, and I know you’ll never forgive me, but I just thought it was what you wanted, I’m REALLY REALLY SORRY Luke.” She was kind of crying. I tried to make her stop.

“Well, I’m sorry too Andrea. It’s cool, I mean, you shouldn’t just take over like that without warning me, that’s all, I mean, I can handle it, like, me and Harriet was chillin’ in the hall earlier and she thinks it was all her idea, and...” I couldn’t be cool any more, but I just kept talking, “And I told my mom to leave me alone, and she hasn’t talked to me since. It’s been a couple of days. And I told Ted to do the chores and got the house clean, but he freaked out when it was done. I’ve been thinking a lot, and I’ve definitely realized I need your help because this is so out of control, my family is all weird, and you’re the only one I can talk to about it.” We just sat there looking at each other for a while and I felt a lot better. Pretty soon Andrea started talking to me again about how I could use the power.

“You could get all kinds of money, too, you know, Luke. You could track down a millionaire or something, and just make friends with them and have them believe it was their idea.”

“That’s stealing.”

“I guess. But it would work, don’t you think?”

“I dunno.”

“I mean, Luke, what do you really want in life? You can have it, whatever it is.”

“I dunno. I mean, a few days ago, I would have said that I want my mom to leave me alone.”

“But she is now, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, what else do you want?”

“I just don’t know. I mean, I guess it’s too late to have a nice life, a nice mother and father and all that. That’s what I always wanted, to be like Martin Faire or something.” He’s a boy who always seems to have a nice life to me. He gets grapes in his lunch most days, and his mom makes his sandwiches.

“Don’t you want Ted to stop imitating you to get you in trouble?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, tell him to stop, and tell him it’s his own idea, and see if it lasts with him, because of the family thing or something.”

“He’d kill me, Andrea.”

“No, you have to tell him to forget about you telling him. Cause remember, even if the command doesn’t keep working with him, he will still forget completely if you tell him to. Here, I’ll write it down for you.” She wrote on her napkin, Ted, never imitate me again. Forget that I told you this but just do it.

Then she stopped and added, And be nicer to me.

And she drew a little line because that should go above the Forget part.

“That’s it? You think that would work?”

“I’m pretty sure it work for a while. And maybe permanently. Who knows? It can’t hurt to try.”

“If Ted doesn’t kill me.”

“He can’t, remember, Luke? All you have to do is tell him to stop!”

“He can do it in my sleep.” She didn’t say anything to that.

* * *

Chapter 7: Harriet in the Hall

The next day I saw Harriet in the hall again, near the main door into the school, and we got to kissing. It was her idea. Lots of people saw us, and it gave me the feeling that I was going to be more of a dude in school because nobody ever kissed Harriet in the hall before. She put her hand into my shirt, and it made me nervous, especially because Vena came by and said, “Hey, Harriet, you pretty into that White boy!” and Harriet just looked back at her over my shoulder and kind of swayed her hips against me. I mean it, felt good but it made me nervous.

But then I put my hand up her shirt. I don’t know what made me do it, and she leaned back and looked at me, like I was daring to do something, but she let me. I felt the blood pounding kind of in my shoulders, with the rhythm of the music, cause she had her boombox going, and I felt her titty, and Sharlice and Vena and another of their home girls, I don’t know her name, they were all there watching, and I said, “Come on girls, gather round and make us a little shield, we don’t want nobody to see.” And they all did, they made a half circle with Harriet against the wall, and me kissing Harriet in the middle, and them other three leaning against us, facing out. I felt Harriet’s titty some more, and I kissed her pretty good, and then she put her hand on my dick again, and I felt her puss through her jeans, they were too tight to put it inside very easily. But she moaned and leaned against me, and I whispered, “You get all turned on, now, hear? I want you to get all wet and just make a good noise for me, hear?” And she was grabbing my dick real hard then, and I rubbed her through her jeans, and she started moaning real loud, and nobody could really see I think, because of her home girls protecting us, but I was facing the wall, anyway I could hear them starting to gather and talking about us. I let her go on for a while, and I hear Mark Erinson say, “Is that Harriet in there with Luke? What is that bitch doing?” and Harriet was rubbing against my hand really good, and I felt like I was gonna come, so I said, “Now come for me, baby, you come for yo daddy,” and she screamed kind of, it was really great, and I felt her come through her jeans, that’s how hard she came. And I came too, and she took my come in her hand and smeared it on her belly, and she showed me and laughed a little at me, like I was her daddy for sure.