The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

“Lust in Space”

by ”URN My Power

Chapter III

“There is definitely a pattern emerging here, Captain.” Dr. Alvarez said, pointing to the various screens in the conference room, his bionics whining irritatingly whenever he used the right side of his body. “First, the security logs show a female visiting Mr. Icarus’ quarters, in a rather dazed state. A couple of days later, they wear their hair down and wear something around their waist, covering their buttocks. Three days after that, they show up for duty just like normal, but the cameras and sensors don’t show them to be where they appear to be.”

“This isn’t good.” the Captain said. “The symbiont is contagious, and it’s spreading to the female population.”

“Worse still is the aberrant behavior.” Dr. Alvarez said. “See here where young Samantha West leads her brother Billy to Pod Bay Zeta, puts him in one of the pods, along with her beloved pet and previously inseperable friend, and then launches them both into space, after having bitten and possibly infected the boy.”

“Sensor logs indicate the pod successfully breached the anomaly and returned to normal space on the other side.” Captain Preen replied. “She could be trying to safeguard them.”

“Or get them out of the way of whatever Icarus is planning.” Alvarez rejoined. “Behavior of those known or suspected to be infected indicates some sort of linked mentality between Icarus and his harem. I believe he may have enslaved them to his will.”

“Funny, I always thought you’d be delighted at women being the slaves of men.” Preen remarked.

“Personal feelings aside, Captain, Icarus and his entire harem present a danger to the Nakoruru.” Alvarez stated.

“We don’t know that.” Preen rejoined. “If we provoke him in his altered state, he could become a danger to the Nakoruru. I’ll tell Dr. West to check it out, quietly.”

* * *

“Enter!” Icarus called, and the door to the darkened room slid open.

“Mr. Icarus?” Dr. West called.

“Come to ask about your son, have you?”

“I’m worried.” Dr. West responded.

“You needn’t be.” Peter Icarus stated as he made his body glow dimly, illuminating part of the room. He now stood almost seven feet tall. His tail curled around his genitals, shielding them from the conservative doctor’s view. “Your son made it safely back to inhabited space, and he’s going through the standard quarantine procedure now.”

“That’s part of what worries me.” Dr. West said. “You infected my daughter somehow, and she bit Billy, so he could be infected.”

“It’s not a disease, Dr. West.” Icarus said. “You are familiar with the concept of symbiosis, yes? A mutually beneficial relationship is established between two species. What I’m worried about is Alvarez and Preen.”

“What about them?”

“Samantha overheard Billy’s talk with the not-so-good doctor.” Peter said. “After that I began to watch him telepathically, and those with whom he speaks. I fear he may push Preen into confrontation with me. Especially after I’ve turned the ship around.”

“What?”

“I’m making the male conn officers believe they’re headed on the correct course, when actually I’m bringing the Nakoruru back to the anomaly, and as far away from Food Chain Planet as possible.” Peter explained. “Rest assured, Doctor West, I will allow no harm to befall your daughters. My advice is to take your wife and go. The stasis pods’ computers are updated every time the ship’s log is updated. You will have the most current version when you leave. I’ll have Samantha send you off so there is no delay-action for Preen to find in the records to indicate a desertion.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Sending you away?” Icarus asked. “Because you and your wife deserve many, many more years together, because I’m still human enough not to want innocents getting hurt in a clash between two alpha males, and because your wife, if I’m reading her scent correctly, is pregnant.” Dr. West’s eyes bulged at this. “Take her, get her and your new baby off this ship before Alvarez forces the shit to hit the fan.”

“Alright.”

“Take your friend Corsair with you for protection.” Icarus said just before West turned to leave. “He’s a good man. I can see why you’re friends with him, other than the obvious value of having a crack shot at your side.”

“Try not to hurt anyone.” Dr. West said. “Well, maybe the cyborg.” Peter laughed.

“You should go.”

* * *

“Hello again, Captain.” said Peter Icarus’ image from the doorway. The captain turned around and, sighing, seated himself in his chair, indicating to the image to do the same.

“Would you mind if I asked you to be honest with me?” the captain asked.

“You expected otherwise?” Peter asked.

“You’re appearing before me in a form not your own.” the captain responded.

“Only because I wanted you to recognize me.” Peter responded, and his image shifted, revealing a taller, more powerful form. He was humanoid, but with pointed ears like Vulcans of twentieth century science fiction, catlike eyes, pointed claws and teeth, and a long, furry tail. Captain Preen guessed him to be almost seven feet tall, give or take a few inches. Instead of his uniform, he wore a sheet wrapped around his privates. “You’ll forgive the slight dishonesty, I’m not really wearing anything right now, but in the interests of decency...”

“I understand.” the Captain responded. “Why have you jettisoned members of my crew?”

“I haven’t.” Peter replied. “It was Samantha West who sent her brother through the anomaly, and she assures me she did it to protect him. I sense that he has been awakened on the other side.”

“And what of the others?”

“Mr. Corsair, Dr. West and his wife departed on my counsel, due to the high risk of conflict.” Peter responded.

“You know something I don’t?” Preen asked suspiciously.

“The ship is not en route for the planet.” Peter said. “I told you I would not risk endangering those under my protection. The planet is too dangerous. Despite your assurances against landing, I don’t trust Dr. Alvarez not to force one for the purpose of effecting my destruction.”

“What have you done to my ship?”

“Nothing, I’ve just been manipulating the perceptions of the crew so that they believe there is a slight deviation in course every now and then, so that they compensate, causing us to move in a wide curve.”

“To what destination?” Captain Preen asked, eyes narrowing.

“The anomaly.” Peter responded. “I don’t want anyone hurt, so when we arrive, you’re going to give the order to abandon ship, attach the nitro injectors to the stasis pods, and program them to run full-tilt at the anomaly. The electromagnetic properties will shut the electronics down, but momentum will carry the pods through to the other side, as young Billy West has proven with his own success.”

“I don’t take kindly to people usurping my command.” the Captain growled.

“I thought you wouldn’t.” Peter responded, rising to his illusory feet. “You’ll have the rest of a long, long life to mull it over back in civilized space.” With that, he was gone. Preen tapped the comm-code for sick bay.

“Dr. Alvarez, would you please come to my ready room at your earliest convenience?” he asked.

* * *

“What’s up, doc?” Peter said from the vent, sliding out into sick bay.

“You!” Dr. Alvarez exclaimed. “You try taking over the ship, and now you dare invade my domain?”

“Will you kindly shut the fuck up?” Peter responded. “You are a major thorn in my side.”

“You’re about to find out I’m more of a barbed spear.” the cyborg replied, the eyebrow over his flesh eye lowering into a glare while his bionic eye glowed red. A laser turret lowered from the ceiling and opened fire. Peter flopped to the floor. “Not so big now, are you, Icarus?” the cyborg asked. “I’ve already installed psi-inhibitors into my occipital node. It seems they did their work, for you never knew what...huh?” This last was inspired by Icarus’ sudden lashing out with telekinetic power, knocking the doctor’s feet out from under him.

“That...stings.” Peter growled lionishly as he rolled to his feet. The turret fell to a sparking heap.

“It seems nothing short of vaporization will end your threat.” Alvarez snarled, crawling behind an examination table. “I knew you would be trouble right from the start. The pheromones...I knew they would drive women to carnal desire, and there’s nothing in the universe worse than an aroused female!”

“And how did you come to that conclusion?” Peter asked, advancing on the retreating cyborg one step at a time.

“You shouldn’t start a sentence with a conjunction.” Alvarez taunted. “Carnal desire makes women cunning, conniving, deceitful and treacherous. Once they know what they want, they will stop at nothing to get it.”

“I’ve read your file, Alvarez.” Peter said. “I know how you were held prisoner on a planet of Amazon-like women. I’m willing to bet they used you for their sexual pleasure, and the experience traumatized you because you were so young. Maybe you were the favorite pet of someone who fit that description. You cannot keep projecting your hatred of her onto other women, or you’ll get innocent people killed.”

“One thing I’ve learned as a doctor, Mr. Icarus, is never trust anything that bleeds for seven days and doesn’t die.” Alvarez responded. “It was Eve who ate the apple first, and she persuaded Adam to eat it and to try to hide that fact from God, thus resulting in their expulsion from the Garden of Eden. Women have been making trouble for man ever since.”

“First of all, Alvarez, I dislike people who use Scripture to justify hatred of any group.” Icarus said. “Second, Adam chose to eat the apple of his own free will, and in so doing took the sin into himself as well, so you don’t even HAVE the justification, and third, as you should know as a doctor, amount, not duration, of bleeding is what results in death by blood loss.”

“Now who’s being a thorn?” Dr. Alvarez snarled, touching a panel in the wall and disappearing in a dancing light.

* * *

“So this is what’s left.” Captain Preen grumbled as he examined the ten male crewmen standing in the docking bay.

“I’ve prepared these psi-inhibitors to prevent Mr. Icarus’ tampering with any of their minds.” Dr. Alvarez said. “You should take one too, Captain.”

“Right.” the captain replied, placing the electronic halo over his head. “Now, gentlemen, I know we’re outnumbered, and some of you may have had relationships with some of the women we’re going to encounter. However, through their link with Mr. Peter Icarus, they’ve all but taken over the ship. They are infected with some strange kind of symbiont that has evolved them to the point where they’re not very likely to die unless you cut their heads off, and probably not even then. Dr. Alvarez fired on Mr. Icarus with a weapon set to kill, and he got up less than a minute later and attacked him. Not that I blame the man, if he still is a man. The point is, don’t assume any of them are dead, at any time.”

“True.” a voice said over the intercom. “It’s a pity you’ve decided to make yourself our enemy, Captain.”

“Icarus!”

“Peekaboo.” Peter said, shimmering into existence in the middle of the bay. “Ingenius invention, Dr. Alvarez. You should be proud.”

“You figured out how to work my transporter?” the cyborg shrilled.

“Yes, and I believe that even a stubborn mule like Captain Preen should realize that I could transport the whole lot of you into space if I wanted you dead. But I don’t.” With a gesture, the weapons flew from the humans’ hands, and Peter marched up to the captain. “So, how about it, Captain? We’re approaching the anomaly now. Do we pursue this matter to its final stupidity, or do we call a truce and go home?” The captain seemed to be thinking hard. It was hard to tell with the inhibitor.

“How many remain uninfected?” the Captain asked.

“Twelve.” Peter said. “All of them right here in this room.”

“Figures.” the Captain responded. “Alright, we’ll deal with this in civilized space.”

“No!” Alvarez screeched. “Robot, command Zeta Psi Delta!” With that, a large robot rolled into the room, opening fire on Peter. He jumped out of the way, allowing one of the crewmen to be shot in the shoulder.

“Destroy! Destroy!” the robot exclaimed. Peter tried to telekinetically shove the robot into the wall, but nothing happened.

“Ha-ha!” Dr. Alvarez crowed. “The same technology that allows me to construct these inhibitors also exists within my new prototype psi-jammer, which I took the liberty of installing in young Billy’s robot, right after I reprogrammed it.” Peter rolled under a shuttle and pushed up, bench-pressing it with some difficulty.

“Destroy! Destroy!” the robot exclaimed.

“Shut up!” Peter snarled, hurling the vehicle at the machine. He felt his connection to his harem reestablish itself, and felt their immense relief wash over him. He reached out with his mind, ripping the power source from Alvarez’s bionics. The cyborg crumpled to the ground, gasping as his lungs, which had depended for so long on the machines to survive, suddenly found themselves without mechanical aid. The crew had all taken off their inhibitors, so Peter used his abilities to spare them the sight of what came next.

* * *

“Good morning, Mr. Icarus.” a kindly voice said. “Welcome back to civilized space.”

“I’m home?” Peter asked. “What about the others?”

“Fine, all fine.” the nurse said. “Better than fine. In fact, they’re all begging to be let in to see you.” Peter slid out of bed, testing his limbs, then stretched and yawned.

“You can let them in now.” he said.

“Hold on, tiger.” the nurse said. “First, there’s some paperwork from the Mining Guild to fill out concerning the lost ship and refinery, followed by stuff from Commonwealth Command on Earth concerning their lost ship and the death of Dr. Alvarez, and then there’s the standard forms to register yourself with Psicorps as a psionic, and of course the Centers for Disease Control would like to know more about that symbiont of yours...”

Fin.