The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Orion Legacy

MF MC NC SCIFI

This story is a fantasy, contains examples of bad science, adult language and situations, and fictional characters doing illegal, immoral and/or impossible things to other fictional characters. If you are under the age of consent in your community, or find such concepts distasteful, or try to do these things in real life, please stop reading now.

Permission granted to re-post this story to any on-line medium, provided no fee is charged to view the story, and this disclaimer and the above e-mail address are not removed.

Copyright © me, 1998.

Chapter Six

The ‘approved recreation facility’ was on a nameless blue planet which orbited a numbered sun, a pleasant yellow orb much like Sol; a bit smaller perhaps, a bit brighter. At night, a large nebula sprawled across the eastern sky, the exploded remains of one the star’s nearer neighbors. She had been assured, without having to ask, that the radiation levels were nonetheless well below safe levels of exposure. One large island on the planet was set aside for those who arrived to recreate; the drop-zone and Strip for the orbital shuttles and their tachspacer crews was on another, somewhat smaller patch of land set just over the horizon from the main resort. Small, sporty hoverboats ferried the guests back and forth. When the resort staff learned she had no implant for the downloading of information, she was quickly supplied with a tourchart; enough people still refused the implant to make the practice common. The ‘chart was rather vague about what exactly, if anything, the rest of the planet’s land surfaces were being used for, and Angelica didn’t bother to ask for details; that wasn’t why she had come here.

The island was ringed, layered, with overlapping and overhanging pools of water, all shapes, sizes, temperatures and temperaments, formed and fed by endless ranks of cascading waterfalls, all tumbling down to the sea below, washing among carefully imported and bioengineered palm trees and Earth shrubs. It gave the island the appearance of a volcano that spewed water instead of lava. If a guest wanted to, he or she (or it) could float in an endless circle around the island, from one pool to the next, under and over walkways and bridges, past and through restaurants and bungalows and brothels and indoor rec centers, up and down, in and out, either pulled down by the slightly below-Earth gravity or, by brushing on a pad on one’s floater, rising upstream against it.

She did not float in the water, or mingle with the other guests, politely brushing off the trickle of individuals, male and female, that showed any interest. (She noted with vague surprise that there were some Rigellians among the guests, although of course none of them hit on her; what could they possibly find of interest here?) She simply sat cross-legged on a tuffet by the pool nearest to her modest quarters, and gazed out over the ocean from under the wide sunhat she had picked up somewhere. No other land was in sight. Except for an occasional darting parasail, or further out, the tiny, sinister, glint of a airborne security drone, there was nothing beyond the pale blue sand of the beach but dark blue water and light blue sky. Blue on blue on blue, until darkness came and the gaudy nebula once more blotted itself across the sky. She could see that as the sun set, a low bank of fog came rolling in off the sea, not rising any further than the shore.

Angelica sat and watched until full darkness came, and the lightglobes rose up out of their tastefully-concealed daytime nests, casting a somber, but mellow, light over the scene. Other parts of the island featured more boisterous night-life, and she could hear the mingled sounds of laughter, enthusiastic sex, and cheerful thumping vibramusic drifting in from somewhere. Holospheres flashed a (from her vantage point) dim rainbow of colors, no doubt intentionally counterpointing the nebula overhead.

Finally, she rose, stretched, and returned to her room.

The message came two weeks later. For those days, she had sat by the pool in her modest swimsuit (even keeping her breasts covered), except when she ate in the nearby cafe, and swam laps in the pool, back and forth, keeping her body from going flabby, even as she let her mind run along in idle. Waiting. The UEDF had invested a lot of money in her body, and she had a duty, despite their recent treatment of her, to keep it in good working order.

The message was in her room when she returned one night, static charges holding the gathered dust in the shapes of bits and pieces of letters that shimmered in the globelight. For a moment, lavender filaments wavered up in her mind, filling in the remaining gaps.

O

BOAT

21.18N 157.50W

She memorized it all, and waved her hand through the words, disrupting the tiny fields, scattering the dust to the metaphorical winds.

The next morning, she rose early, and had breakfast in the cafe, smiling at the dark-skinned, black-haired waiter who returned the compliment with a set of flashing white teeth. (He was only one who had even tempted her during her stay; she had always had a thing for men with black hair...) Afterwards she rode one of the magtrams down to the marina in the island’s only harbor, and rented a small hoverboat for the day.

The day was as cloudless and calm as always and she skipped the boat out of the harbor, into the vast open sea. Other boats passed by the distance, and parasails darted overhead, some swooping down over the water, others rising up to be specks in the sky. There were no animals, or plant life beyond the masses of primitive algae that swarmed in the water and supplied the planet’s oxygen. It rendered the scene rather sterile, especially with the lack of clouds.

However, this changed, with the sudden reappearance of the nightly fogbank, wafting towards her from further out to sea. As she approached the desired coordinates, as indicated by the boats’ on-board GPS system, the fog grew worse, and she slowed the boat to a crawl. The fog sparkled and glittered in an odd fashion as it wrapped itself around the boat, seeming to be almost alive.

Abruptly, another resort boat loomed up out of that whiteness, crawling along as slowly as her own. They came together, the crafts bumping lightly against one another. Angelica activated her vessel’s maglock, and looked over at the boat’s pilot.

It was herself, or at least her face. Somehow unsurprised, she looked more closely, and saw a telltale vagueness, lack of depth, behind the woman’s eyes.

-A cheap vatdroid. Probably programmed with just enough knowledge to take my place for a few hours, out on the boat..—

The ‘droid spoke, her voice somehow both flat and lilting.

“Stand please.” Angelica did so, and the ‘droid did as well, both being careful not to fall overboard. The ‘droid opened her hand, and something the size and shape of a baseball rose from it. The buzzing object started circling Angelica, obviously scanning her, following a path that brought to mind a DNA helix. Finally, the ‘droid’s eyes glazed over a little more, and she spoke again:

“Standard UEDF implants. Additional tracker recently implanted in pelvic region. Tracker frequency located. Matched. Override in progress. Override complete.” Her eyes came back into focus, more or less, and she spoke to Angelica as the scanbot returned to her boat.

“Please trade boats. This boat will take you to the Master.”

They silently swapped, and Angelica dropped into the seat of the new boat. The ‘droid broke the maglock, and they separated. Angelica’s boat immediately powered itself up, and went swerving away across the water, dipping in and out of the fogbank as it raced along for what seemed like ages.

Then something new loomed up out of the mist, much larger than the boat in which she rode. She wasn’t entirely sure what it was; possibly some kind of submarine, but she got the distinct impression that it had landed in the water from the air, and was capable of rising once again. The boat zipped into a small bay carved in the larger vessel’s side, neatly came to a stop, and died with a certain finality. She looked around, and then got out of the boat, climbing up onto a small rail-equipped ledge provided for this. The iris of a heavy airlock door slid open, and she stepped inside without hesitation.

Traversing the airlock, and a series of empty one-way-only corridors, she finally arrived in a room occupied by a desk-bound woman wearing a large pair of dataspecs. The women smiled at her in an unpleasant way, and jerked her head in the direction of another door.

“He’s waiting for you.”

The indicated door led into a small gravlift chamber, rising up and spilling her out into a final corridor, with only one hatch at the end.

And beyond that hatch, a thin gray-haired man in a brown robe, standing next to an antigrav couch.

Angelica smiled, and kneeled down before him, peeling off her bathing suit, kicking off her red thongs.

“Master.”

“Hello my dear. Get in the couch.”

“Yes, Master.”

The tendrils slid up around her body, entered it.

* * *

O sat on the edge of the bed, and looked over at her, once again pulling his robe tightly around him.

“And you understand what you are now to do?”

She stood demurely near him. “Of course, Master. Once my leave of absence is finished, I will report my new UEDF posting, and contact your agent for delivery of the portable Beast-tamer. I will then begin programming all other female UEDF personnel with whom I come in contact.”

“Excellent. The presence of that additional tracker indicates they still suspect something, but if you are careful, it shouldn’t be any problem. It is almost time to send you on your way. But first, I think we have time for one more...”

The door to the bedroom opened, and O turned from Angelica with annoyance.

Miss Thurnton stepped into the room, an odd smile on her face. She was no longer wearing her glasses. The biocircuitry implants at her temples glistened in the dim light. Annoyance was replaced with anger.

“Miss Thurnton? What are you doing in here?”

“I’m sorry, sir, but there’s someone here to see you. It’s important.”

“What?”

The thin woman raised her hand, and opened it. Something lay there in her palm, looking like a small flat yellow butterfly. It twitched, then moved.

Not like a butterfly at all, but with swift, deadly, accuracy. It zipped across the room, a blurred yellow dart, and embedded itself in O’s neck. He gave a strangled gasp, and tottered backwards, sliding off of the bed and onto the floor. Angelica stared down at him, then up at the woman in the doorway, her eyebrows arched.

“Why did you ...”

Still smiling slightly, Miss Thurnton opened her other hand, and another dart winged its way across the room, sinking into Angelica’s shoulder. She stared at it for a moment, then slowly dropped to her knees, her eyes wide. Miss Thurnton moved aside of the door.

Someone new stepped into the room. Or rather, ducked into the room.

The Rigellian looked at the two attacked people, his silver-eyed, bug-like visage as impassive as all members of his species. Angelica thought vaguely how silly the creature must have looked, driving his little hoverboat out here from the island...

She blinked.

O was able to speak from his position on the floor, his voice a strangled croak.

“What... what...”

The Rigellian spoke, the voice a good match for the face, stilted, controlled, exactingly precise. His multitude of mouth-pieces clicked back and forth, up and down, in and out, strongly resembling the movements of a typical hatch cover...

“You pride yourself on being an individual in control. Of yourself. Of others. You claim to remain calm and collected, above the fray, as you peddle the flesh of your fellow humans across the stars.” The alien leaned far forward in a way that no human could ever match, sterile brown wrappings rustling softly. “And you fail miserably. You copulate with your pawns, become emotionally involved, instead of moving them to and fro, and discarding them when no longer of use. You do not play the game as it should be played.” He straightened up. “And what is truly pathetic, is that you are among the best of your species that we have ever observed. Your race is dominated by greed, and passion, and carnal lust. By spontaneity.“ He said the word as a human might say ‘cannibalism’, or ‘genocide.’ “This must not be allowed to continue. Too long, we have stood quietly, and watched your race spread across space like a fungus, a disease, sowing discord and putrefaction everywhere your spores come to rest.”

“You... you are going to kill...?”

“We are going to control. Regulate. The device will be distributed throughout your vile criminal organization, an organization that reaches everywhere humanity has gone, even beyond the graspers of the United Earth Defense Force. Soon, the army you envisioned will come to pass. And it will attempt to bring control. Order. Discipline. Regimentation. It may well prove an impossible task. If so, then your species will render itself extinct. Our army will be ordered to suicide, quietly and cleanly, and to take as many fellow humans with it as is possible.”

O stared. For the first time, Angelica spoke, her voice strained but calm.

“How long... has your government been planning this?’

The Rigellian made a twitching gesture of repulsion with his upper graspers.

“The Hierarchy has lost its focus. It has associated with humans and other species for far too long, and distorts the vision of both itself and the lower Levels. It was this weakness, this loss of clarity, that led us of the true faith, the faith of focus and clarity, to begin this campaign. Sixty-seven cycles ago, we brought forth the creatures you called Orions. Raised them up. Guided them. Gave them the power to... not destroy you, but challenge you. Repel you. Disgust you as you disgust us. They attacked, giving you an obvious enemy to fight. But, inevitably, they were defeated. As we had planned. We knew that your species, like the vermin-infested primates from which it evolved, would not hesitate to pick among the ruins of your vanquished foe, your curiosity and greed leading one of you inevitably... to the Device... A device which we gave them.” He paused and nodded at O.

“Why... why didn’t you just give... it to us...” O’s words were becoming weaker.

“Because whoever you gave it to... would... have suspected something.” Angelica replied.

“Correct. Letting you take it from a detested, defeated, enemy was the only sure way. Once you rebuilt the device and began to use it on your subordinates, it was a simple matter to infiltrate your communications system, and place a... trapdoor in the back of this female’s mind.” A gesture towards Miss Thurnton. “Total obedience to a voice and an image is a mandible that can slice in both directions. If a voice and an image can be synthesized, obedience can be... usurped.” He paused.

“But that is the past, and the future is now our concern. It is time to begin our great task.”

“Great task...” Miss Thurnton mouthed the words, her voice and exposed brown eyes taking on a fanatical tinge.

“Before you... begin that great task, there’s something... you’ve overlooked...” Angelica said in the same, strangely flat, tone.

“I overlook nothing. It is outside the realm of possibility that the United Earth Defense Force could have been fooled by this one’s transparent ruse in your regard. Your programming has been broken, and you have been returned to him as a counter-agent. This is why it was necessary to...” Another twitch of disgust... “...move ahead with our plans, not waiting for this one to distribute the devices. If we had waited, you would bring the UEDF to him, and destroy everything, just as it stands at the edge of fulfillment. Now, we will do that distribution, in his name. The poison courses through your system even now. You will die, the UEDF will find your body here in the sea, and we will be long departed.”

The blonde woman kneeling on the floor again looked at the Rigellian, and down at the yellow thing embedded in her tanned flesh. Then, casually, she reached up, plucked it out of her skin, and crushed it between her fingers. It splintered loudly. She waved the remains in the general direction of O and spoke in a calm, clear, firm, voice.

“Captain Angelica Phelps is just as much this man’s slave as she was when she last left his presence.” She smiled winsomely. “I, however, have just remembered that I am not.”

The Phelpsdroid simultaneously became aware of and flipped a switch down inside her chest, hidden behind specially-grown tissue that shielded it from even O’s scanners.

She opened her mouth, and she screamed.

She Screeched.