The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Tangerine Twelve

Part 3 – Entering The Grove

I woke up in a large apartment with orange walls and complementary black furniture- quite stylish, actually. The next thing I noticed was that everything from my apartment had been brought over- well, except for my clothes. The closet door was open, and it was full of orange. I didn’t mind that at all.

The third thing I noticed was that I wasn’t alone in the bed, not by a long shot. Ashley, hair back to orange, was on my left, and Alisa was on my right. She looked prettier than I remembered. Both of them were asleep, but the redhead in front of me wasn’t- she was putting on a set of orange and black motorcycle leathers. She noticed that I was exploring my new surroundings and offered me a smile that softened her face a little bit.

“Mistress told me you were strong and special, a prime candidate for the Twelve. Didn’t believe it until I saw you, but, man, only a week before you wake up? That’s some kind of record, unless you weren’t all the way out because Ashley cared more about the girl and less about the task again- not that I can blame her, not with your tongue.”

“I’ve been out a week? Huh? I see I enjoyed it.” I still sounded like I was out. I wasn’t scared- I wasn’t about to run or call the cops- I was curious. It was a good sign, because the woman perked up.

“Okay, so far you haven’t jumped out the window, thrown any of us down the stairs, or tried to take me in a fight, so yep, you just woke up. You’re pretty quick- guess you are that gifted one Mistress raved about, sent a recruiter clear across the country for, and kept after even when that silly bimbo got in the way,” she said cheerily, pointing at Alisa. I wanted to be offended for Alisa’s sake, but something Ashley said about Alisa being an innocent bystander came to mind.

“So where am I, anyway?” I asked, though it came out more as a demand.

“I normally say Heaven, but you’re too smart for that. Geographically, somewhere in upstate New York. More specific? This is the 14th floor of the Orange Palace, an old apartment building Mistress bought and transformed 25 years ago into the headquarters of the Tangerine Twelve, the best collective of female mind controllers in the world.”

Sheesh, she had Ashley’s sales pitch drone too. I slid out of the bed, managing not to wake either Ashley or Alisa, and searched the wardrobe. Black jeans for comfort, and an orange cashmere sweater, in case I had to do something more formal. “Also very into the lesbian thing, judging from this, and with a lot more than twelve people if you need an entire apartment building.”

“Aren’t you the smart one? It’s nice to meet someone who thinks things through. I’m Evelyn, security and monitoring, and short-range transportation- I work on the seventh floor.” While she was talking, she wasn’t smiling, and she looked closer to her mid-thirties than her mid-twenties. The smile did a lot for her.

“You don’t own a Camero, by any chance?” I asked, random memories coming back to me as I looked at Alisa, all too blissfully asleep.

“Remorse? You’re going to have to work on that. As for Candy 28...” She stopped mid-sentence as the phone on her belt beeped. She flipped it open, stared at it blankly, then picked up right where she left off. “You called her Alisa? Anyway. Candy 28 here was a weak mind who went under just from seeing Ashley here with her pants down. It was either bring her in or let her go crazy and maybe rat us out. We don’t usually go that far, but there wasn’t much left there. And we could use her too- she’s only the 28th one we have active, and most of them move on up and out of the basement.”

“Camero?” I prodded.

“Oh, hell no! I handle short-range. All my transports have two wheels. Was Alex who had to make the long haul- hell of a drive, but with a body like that in the passenger seat, I’m sure it was worth it.” Evelyn’s phone beeped again, and again she paused and picked it up. When she was finished, she had a grin a mile wide on her face. “Okay, kid, we’re heading out. All the way up to the top floor! Excuse me if I get excited- I never been up to Mistress’s penthouse before!”

As we went in the elevator and Evelyn jabbed the button for the top floor, I said, “Maybe I’m thinking of one too many bad Sci-Fi Channel movies, but isn’t the point of these places to have everyone visit the penthouse on a regular basis?”

“Man, you know your stuff!” I did? I was just guessing! “We’re allowed to have fun with each other, and besides, the Tangerines aren’t your normal snag, tag, and bag sex cult. You’ll see. Oh, you’ll see. We’re here! Come on, this way!” She’d totally lost the tough biker persona- she sounded like a little kid at Disney World. I really couldn’t blame her once we got out of the elevator and into the penthouse. It was magnificent. Each side of the hall had greenhouses protecting orange trees, with gardeners swarming around each one. The floor was orange tile, the walls and columns marble, and the ceiling stained glass that tinted everything orange.

We passed one door that opened onto a large bedroom and went through a second that led into a plush office. A tall woman waited behind the desk, hands behind her back. Her bright red hair almost touched her clasped hands. She turned as we approached, and I was taken aback. Definitely an older woman- but she could have been anywhere from mid-thirties to mid-fifties, with the right surgery and injections. She wore a sparkling orange dress and a matching necklace. After a moment, she sat down and indicated that I should take the chair opposite her. I didn’t dare, not when Evelyn hadn’t moved an inch.

“So, you are Cara Jones. Such a plain name for such a potentially awe-inspiring figure, even if you were wasting your skill in a warehouse- as do most,” the Mistress said in a regal voice.

“What I did before doesn’t matter. I’m here now, Mistress,” I said, offering her a bow.

She laughed. “Oh, you’re a darling. Sit down already.” I sat down. “And please, it’s Sarah. Sarah Lancaster. Mistress, queen bee, Royal Highness, fearless leader- that’s only for those who feel my presence but have never seen my face and don’t know my name. I find it amusing. I see Evelyn was the one to find your awakening. Interesting that you would have her in your room.”

“Is there anything wrong with that, Mis…Ms. Sarah?” I asked, my body shaking as I fought to keep from losing control. Evelyn had already faded out, stuck in her bow, her mind obviously overwhelmed.

“Nothing at all! I just found it curious- or perhaps you were just curious. I observed you during your week in drone state, and you were always looking around when you didn’t have orders, trying to figure things out even if you couldn’t hold a thought for more than three seconds. I’m sure Evelyn told you that a week was the record. I know you have a strong mind, because you aren’t fully entranced in front of me, and I hold nothing back in front of my subjects. I’m honestly surprised it was so easy to get you here- perhaps Ashley subconsciously helped you realize that you had potential to be a leader. Then again, Ashley is one of my top recruiters, though she’s a bit too… outré for my taste.” Sarah grinned. “Evelyn, go back to your room and keep yourself entertained.” Evelyn turned and walked away without a second thought.

Somehow that empowered me, because I had a boatload of questions. So I started with the simplest one. “What’s this power you say I have? What are you, anyway? Witches? Vampires? Jedi? Crazy cult people? And why am I the next best thing?” I could hear myself almost becoming hysterical, and I pulled back.

“Superior, that’s what we are. Superior minds.” Her gaze was dead serious, and her green eyes bored into mine like she was trying to burn into my mind. And then she shook herself and the pressure released. “My goodness, you are strong enough to be in the Twelve. Even my sharpest minds fall to- or fall for- that line. But you feel it in the back of your head, itching ever more to come out and dominate,” Sarah said.

I understood what she meant. Why everyone who had worked for me ever since high school did exactly what I expected of them and never told me now. Why every boyfriend I’d ever had clung to me so hard I had to run. Why reporters always seemed to pick me out of a crowd. Why I could guess creepily often what people were going to say next. Why I always got exactly what I wanted. It all made sense now. There was a rare breed of superior minds and I was part of it.

Cool.

“What does it mean for me to be like this? You think I could be one of your Twelve and Ashley isn’t? But she overwhelmed me easily. I don’t know what you’re used to, but being mindless for a week is not normal in the real world.”

“You’re still young and you literally didn’t know what hit you. The mark of a good recruiter. Ashley’s one of our best. She really was a lacrosse captain, you know, and she led her team to impossible feats. We arranged for her transfer here. Ashley’s power is very strong, but very direct. She has to focus one at a time, great for a recruiter but not enough to be one of the Twelve. But you have more than power. You have ambition and drive. Even now, I can feel that you’re trying to read me and find my next move. I could shut your mind off with a thought, but I respect your boldness- and you have no idea how thankful I am we found you.”

“Lemme guess, you didn’t want my power falling into the wrong hands? Or were you afraid I’d provide competition?” Oh God I was gonna die. Why did I say that?

“If you only knew how evil other mind controllers can be, you wouldn’t be so cocky. Some make perverse messes. Others make headlines. Big headlines. History, even. I, at least, don’t serve Flavor-Aid, don’t employ pilots, and don’t play with matches.”

What the- oh. oh. Oh God. “Point taken. But how much better are you? So far, you’ve shown me you like watching random foursomes among the ranks, and then there’s this whole Candy thing.”

“This isn’t a harem. There are a few good ones nearby if you want to visit and see the difference. People need motivation, and sex is one of the best to keep this place running. As for the Candies, I don’t like it, but it’s a necessary evil. The weaker the mind, the grander the delusions, and even though our activities aren’t necessarily illegal, they are very mysterious, and mystery is the root of all fear. And then there are the more careless controllers I mentioned earlier, and what they would do to the weak is nothing compared to Candyhood. That’s why I created the Twelve, to establish a new system that allows us to thrive and prosper with society instead of being feared by it.”

“So where are the twelve I keep hearing about?” I asked. What Sarah said made sense, and now I wanted to meet the people who helped make it happen.

“Oh, you still have to prove yourself,” she said wickedly. She met my gaze, and I felt her power overwhelm me. What happened to ‘I hold nothing back in front of my subjects?’ was the last thing I thought before my knees hit the floor.