The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

ASHES

Chapter Eight

“Actions are the seed of fate”

—Harry S Truman

Connie woke up alone. There were clear signs her sister had been around. There often were, she came and went without warning to her. She loved her sister.

But Sandi left her big gun out on the dresser again. Connie wondered if it had been fired and sniffed the barrel. Yes, it probably had been. Connie could shoot this thing too. She wondered if Sandi left it out to convince her she needed to be careful. Maybe she wanted Connie to get some time in at the range?

She didn’t really worry about it much. Sandi would do what Sandi wanted to do. Guardian angel that she was though, she sometimes was inept at communication.

Thinking about family made her wonder if she should call mom. She hadn’t talked to mom in a while. Maybe mom would help her with Sandi? No, last time she asked mom for help with Sandi her mother had hung up on her.

Instead of worrying she chose to take a shower. She luxuriated in the running warmth over her skin, as it flowed down over her breasts and thighs. There was a certain comfort to using her shampoo, the aroma itself being one she liked. She’d chosen the brand for the scent as much as anything else.

After all the suds were washed away, she still felt the spray of the water against her flesh. She felt herself shiver a bit. She could smell something that hadn’t washed away yet. The right hand’s thumb against her left nipple moved in slow circles over the areola, barely teasing the tip of her nipple. Surprised at herself for touching the sensitive private parts in the shower, she tried very briefly to figure out why she felt the urge to feel herself today.

Connie’s breath caught. Giving in to the sensations, the left hand moved between her thighs. She felt her thighs squeezing in and out a bit, giving slight pressure against the vulva, pressing inward giving some soft rubbing.

Her back pressed against the tile wall behind her. Eyes turning upward just a moment so she could see the handle for the shower head, lifting it out of the cradle. She took time to turn the control mechanism to pulse. Aimed between her thighs she worked the throbbing water stream in against the opening to her labia and the little nub at the top.

Constant splash of the water against the sensitive bit was too much at once. Her hand pointed the head down along the length of her opening, her hips motions causing her bottom to slap against the tiles audibly. Wet hair moved over her chest when her head rolled with the sensations as well.

Finding the hot spot again with the spray caused her head to shake roughly from side to side. She felt her own lips with her tongue. She wasn’t making much sound at all other than a few grunts as her hips tried to press her against the ephemeral movement of the spray. Those gasping sounds coming from her throat weren’t loud, but they were sharp and intense.

She added the fingers she could to the throbbing beat of the water, making circles around the inside top of her sex. She pressed two into herself, trying to get the knuckle of her thumb at the critical spot at the top of the opening. She could feel the fire creeping through her loins.

She shook hard. The blood pounding in her ears and the sudden release created a pressure in her body making her tighten up to hold it going as long as she could. The handheld nozzle dropped from her hand, sending water against the glass door of the shower stall.

Connie panted, slowly bending down to put her hands on her knees while she recovered her breath. Damn. It had felt so good. The urge to do it had been intense, not at all in her usual activity in the shower. She had no memory of being horny when she got into the shower. The thought puzzled her. She was still twitching a bit as she rinsed herself off one more time, then put the nozzle back in place.

The large pink towel she used to dry herself with felt especially soft today. She used it to caress herself while sopping up the water. She had a couple more aftershock jolts, nothing serious, but it felt so damn good. Once dry she looked at herself in the mirror. Though her hair dangled down in wet strings, she thought she looked damn fine. Time to get dressed.

After another half hour drying her hair and primping to get ready to go out, she noticed something.

She hadn’t any indication her sister of coming or going but the gun was no longer on her dresser. She shrugged. Sandi was doing her mysterious thing again. Connie didn’t much care as long as everything was okay. All was fine at the moment and there was a hollow space in her tummy.

Connie wanted something sweet. She had gone to get a pastry the day before but she didn’t have any memory of having gotten it, or of her morning coffee. She remembered standing in line. After that, nope, she kept thinking of having been to the little shop without any certainty it was yesterday. Damn but she hated when this happened. Every now and then her days slipped into a mish-mash of parts she couldn’t quite remember.

She carefully pulled the cups of her bra in place, hooking the little clasp between them that made the little harness easily removable. She kept thinking some day she’d feel right about some guy and let him take it off her himself. Maybe even entertaining him in the shower.

* * *

Lexi was missing when Edward walked into the entertainment room. Elaine saw him, smiled up at him and waited.

“Where’s Lexi?” he said, “I’d like you all here before we talk about what happened.”

“I’ll go get her,” Prudence said. She slipped out of the room to go find her.

“Doing better now?” asked Elaine.

“We’ll see. I feel like I’ve been making bad decisions.”

“I don’t think so. But I may be biased.”

His face did a smile and then got serious again. Lexi and Prudence came in together.

Lexi wasn’t satisfied just to come into the room. She rushed up to him, wrapping her arms about Edward. He let out a light oomph sound, but mostly in jest.

“Okay, okay, have a seat. I need to talk with Ellie,” he said. He stood, though chasing the three of them to settle somewhere. “You and Pru should be here because you’re all affected by what I do. Not just me, but Ellie and what the decisions should be. On what to do about, about what I did.”

“That didn’t parse well in my head, but okay,” Prudence said. She had that almost excited anxious look as though the lid was being lifted off a hidden chest of treasure. “I’ve been dying of curiosity about what you did and why she jumped. Let us in on it, please please please.”

“Ellie,” he turned to her, “what did you feel?”

“The compulsion came back. Like an avalanche.” She watched him as though looking for a clue of how much she should tell. It seemed he did not want any of her experience to be concealed from the others though.

“Yes. But there’s more, isn’t there.”

“Yes. Are you sure you want me to talk about it?” His earnest visage gave her more confidence to speak.

“You’re going to have to eventually. It wasn’t intentional, you know. Just as other things were not planned. It affects you a lot it appears.”

Elaine nodded and turned to look at Prudence. “The compulsion, it was there to serve my owner. To please the man I belonged to, my entire being belonged to.”

“I got that. But Dean is dead.”

“No, the man I belong to. I did not say Dean.”

“OOOH!” said Lexi. She got it. Prudence looked at Lexi, then over at Edward.

“Yes.” He folded his hands, trying to show a calm exterior but shaking a bit anyway.

“Then the compulsion stopped,” Elaine added.

“I guess that’s what you didn’t say when we asked earlier,” Prudence whispered.

“Yes, for those moments it was back, I belonged completely...” Elaine said it quietly, but no one could miss it, “to Edward.”

“Holy cow,” said Lexi. She bounced a little like an excited child at this turn of events. She almost beamed. “I want to belong to you Edward. I really do.”

He dropped his head into his hands again. When he looked up again he looked at Lexi.

“Dear little Lexi. You keep saying things like that. The temptation is so strong too. I seriously don’t think you understand what Ellie has been through being property. I’ve seen the memories, I know.”

Lexi looked at him hard. “It’s you. It won’t be that way. I know you. I’ve seen you. I know how deeply you care about us. I see pain in your eyes if you think you might, even might slightly, hurt us. No. I don’t think it would be anything like that.”

“It’s still giving your free will up completely. You’d be unable ever to change your mind,” he replied. “Just the thought should be scary.”

“Edward,” Lexi said. “I’ve always found the idea of giving control of myself to someone else very exciting and erotic. If I could find someone I felt deeply enough about. And trusted enough. That’s you.”

“Without ever being able to change your mind, Lexi. Ever.” Edward responded again.

“That’s the problem Lexi,” Elaine said. “I have been thinking about how it happened. It was different than belonging to Dean. A lot different. It does present the problem of never being able to change my choice? but.”

“But what Ellie,” asked Prudence. “He talks about imprinting, are you sure that’s not what happened?”

“I feel pretty confident that’s not what happened. I felt emotions from Edward. It was healing inside, calming,” her voice sounded certain, “I never felt emotions from Dean the way it came from Edward. Seriously Edward, can’t we please call you Eddie? Edward is always such a mouthful.”

“Like what?” he paused realizing his response was about how she felt, not about his name. So he added, “Please. Not Eddie. Honestly. What’s that remind me of? Maybe the bad TV with a kick of hokey silly to it? I’m not a sitcom type.”

“Okay,” said Elaine, “how about Ted? That sounds respectable, doesn’t it?”

“Argh. You’re bound and determined. If that makes you happy, okay. Ted. Not because I like it, but at least it’s not diminutive or somehow makes me feel smaller.”

“No one would accuse you of being small,” said Lexi.

“Oh, I wanna find out,” said Prudence with a predatory expression.

“HEY! Off topic! Stop that. Ellie? Like healing? What do you...” he must have done something right and he wanted to know what.

“Nothing indicated Dean had even a twinge of feeling for others,” said Elaine. “Can you do it again and undo it again? More than a few seconds?”

“You too?” Edward said. He wanted to reach out and touch her with his fingers, but now was not the time. He was not going to give in simply due to temptation.

“I do not fear you Edward. I fear myself more than you. I know what I felt. It wasn’t just compulsion. I want to know if you feel the connection is more than just being yours.”

“Me?”

“I’d like to know if you’re getting my emotions, not reflections of yours. Something other than the imprint thing you talk about.”

“You’re serious. Take your mind and own you?”

Elaine looked at him. “You haven’t found another way to fix my ability to be intimate. You just haven’t found another way. Have you? You’re the one I’d like to be intimate with, you know. I can barely touch you now. Can’t you reset it after a while so we can talk about it is? ”

“Are you serious about trying this?” he was still incredulous. “I don’t have any comfort with the idea. I just wanted to discuss how hard this has been and make the risk could happen without planning it. I didn’t think it could morph to something you genuinely wanted.”

“Can you put it back after a while?”

“What’s a while?”

“I don’t know, twenty minutes, an hour? Maybe even a day just to see how I deal, how you deal?”

“You know what you’re asking of me? Really?”

“I know why it scares you.”

“Oh?”

“Yes, you’re afraid of responsibility.”

“Damn straight. I barely manage being responsible for myself. You think I can be responsible for you?”

“I think you already are, Sir.” She was very pointed in using the word. “It may not be quite so direct, but you already do exactly what it takes. Sir.”

Lexi and Prudence were silent, feeling unable to move all of a sudden. While he could impose his will, he was resisting the idea while still taking her seriously. That was how they saw it. They saw him trying to give her right of way in how they addressed what he could do.

They didn’t know why. But it made Elaine seem stronger and more powerful to offer herself to him.

“What if I caused permanent harm? How would I face Pru? How would I face Lexi? You guys are now like a part of me, it would harm me too! Look at Pru, I haven’t even touched her mind. She ought to be protecting you from me. Dammit. What will I do when something goes wrong?”

Prudence got up and walked over to him. She leaned against his chest. Lexi, seeing her do this, joined her, wrapping arms around him. Elaine looked at the other two at his side.

“Apparently I’m not the only one to believe you are strong and responsible,” she took a breath, “Sir.”

“Why?”

“Maybe because it does scare you. You’ve shown us you care. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone before who’d care enough to trust as much. Maybe Pru, but differently.”

“You know what happens the minute I do it, don’t you?”

“Yes Sir. I’ll want to be all over you like a wet dish rag. I won’t be able to help myself.”

Edward swallowed. “What is it, were you submissive before you met Dean? Is that what I’ve been missing?“

Submissive? Yes. A Door Mat? Prior to Dean? With him I was seriously just a toy. Not even a treasured toy, but a toy. Something he could toss to the side when not in use. Before that, you can ask Pru,” she indicated the other woman, “I didn’t submit because of the trust thing. Not because I didn’t want it.“

“You let Pru dom you?”

“Not in the sense we’re talking about. But she was more in charge of what we did than me. I liked her ability to keep both of us on track. So Pru had my respect when we lived together. I let her push me around a little bit, but women aren’t in my bailiwick. I mean, we both might get off but it wouldn’t be the same to me.”

“Good grief, I never...” Pru frowned some. “I just thought you disliked arguing.”

“Oh Pru. Hush.” Elaine said. “I trusted you. I still do, you know. In addition to watching out for me? Despite being into girls, you didn’t hit on me.”

Edward nuzzled into Lexi a bit. She kissed his neck. “You know, we talked about this. Maybe not directly, but we did talk about it. It’s about consent. Remember?”

“I remember Lexi. I remember.”

“Ted?” Elaine said. He tried to decide if he liked it or not since he’d said okay.

“Yes Ellie?”

“I consent to you controlling me. Even to you owning me. I know Lexi and Pru will remind you to undo this again so we can discuss it. Maybe tomorrow. But I do consent.”

As direct as she was about it, he still hesitated.

“Besides, wouldn’t it be more fun to have me call you Sir instead of Eddie?”

Pru giggled and buried herself into his side so it wouldn’t be so obvious. He had to smile.

He muttered, “mom and dad would have kittens.”

But he reached out to her with his mind. He didn’t hurry but lightly melded his touch into her surface thoughts, feeling clearly how desperately she wanted to shed every vestige of Dean’s touch. Under that desire, she also had a light flow of emotions clearly displaying affection for all of them which was pretty strong. He couldn’t sense how he was doing it directly, but it felt to him as though he was petting her as he would a beloved pet, whether dog, cat, or other critter, didn’t matter. He felt a tear forming. As it rolled down his cheek he sank the touch into her towards the place he’d swapped before.

“You’re sure?” he asked one last time.

“Yes. Please.” Her eyes looked larger for some reason, like a pleading kitten perhaps. Not sad, just begging.

He lowered his head for a moment and when he looked up again he had finished the change. Elaine quickly stood up and came to him. She lowered her head and slowly sank to her knees in front of him.

“It’s wonderful to feel you Master,” she whispered breathily. “May I touch you?”

“Of course, Ellie,” his own face was a mask of both joy and sorrow, “of course you may.”

Her left palm was laid against his leg. She was quivering. He could feel a thrill wash through her from the contact. The other two didn’t see anything but her shake a bit, letting out a little moan of pleasure. He couldn’t see her face with her head down as it was, but she was clearly yielding herself up.

Lexi watched in awe. It looked to her as though Elaine had just achieved a new level of tranquility. She felt good Elaine wasn’t trapped by Dean anymore.

Prudence was uncertain. She knew she encouraged this. Watching, she knew intellectually Edward was doing what had been asked of him. And she might want to ask it herself too, but emotionally it felt like her friend had faded a bit. As though a piece of loyalty and affection had shifted away from her.

Elaine though had a whole different outlook. Elaine was finally free of Dean. Elaine, was in a place of personal ecstasy at the moment, finally being connected to her owner. An owner she asked for this time. An owner she wanted. It came as a great relief to her.

Edward felt her powerfully through their new connection. He felt her anxiety melting, becoming less of a burden to her. He could feel her thought, her joy, that this was something she wanted. It was her choice to yield in her mind and he felt that. His own anxiety remained, conflicting with the far too good feeling of being the owner of this black haired beauty he’d become so connected to in the last week.

* * *

Anise was quietly sitting in the library studying. Her shoulder length hair kept getting in her face and she kept pushing it back.

As she sat with three text books open and a reference to medical terminology, a stout looking young man sat down opposite her and opened a text book as well. Anise had been coming here every other day to study. It was considerably better than studying in her bedroom at home. She didn’t remember seeing this man here before.

He didn’t say anything. When he met her eyes, they both smiled in a normal polite manner, then looked back down at their studies. She tried to guess if he really was her age or was maybe some nebulous age older and yet he still looked like he could be in high school.

She looked up again and he was grinning. He was looking at her and grinning. Grinning at her. What the fuck? She felt cool air on her chest. Her blouse was open and the bra cups pulled up so he could clearly see her breasts. Firm as they were, they still were slightly larger than her frame might suggest, so they bounced a little as she moved. Her large areola were stiffening up along with her nipples to the exposure. She felt her face burning.

“I think you’d make a perfect little slut to take to the club.”

“What the fuck are you talking about.” She swiftly changed from being embarrassed to angry. She tried to move her hands to cover herself back up but instead found her fingers pulling at her nipples.

“Yes, you like being on display, don’t you?” he said.

“Get the hell away from me you creep,” she felt heat between her thighs too. “What did you do?”

She knew she hadn’t had anything to drink. Could he have drugged her? She felt helpless and what upset her now was the betrayal of her own body. She felt arousal from touching her nipples and her thighs started to rub together.

“Why should I leave? You’re hot as hell.”

She blinked. She didn’t think she was nearly as attractive as most of the girls she knew. Whatever brought that to mind? It wasn’t his business what she thought she looked like. She was pretty pissed off at the presumption he appeared to be making with a grin on his face.

“I’m enjoying how hot you are, a great deal in fact. Maybe you’d like to bend over the table so I can fuck you.”

“No, you asshole. I want nothing to do with you. Go away.” But he got up anyway. When he got around the table he took her left arm to pull her to her feet. She didn’t have any intention of following him but she did. She had no say, it seemed. Her body kept acting on it’s own, ignoring her thoughts in the matter. She tried to scream but all she got out was a normal voice. “Help? why can’t I, help. Somebody help.”

It sounded totally phony. She knew it was real, but anyone who heard her would think she was playing along with this guy.

The stacks seemed oddly empty tonight. Usually she’d be able to count on a few people she might ask to assist her. Instead she saw no one. The moisture between her legs started to become squishy as they went down the row he’d chosen. She couldn’t understand why she was aroused being dragged by this creep in among the books.

He pushed her ahead of him towards the wall at the end of the row. She wanted to pull her bra back down in place but somehow managed to just stand there where he could take in the view of her stiff nipples and firm round milky chest. If she did this on purpose she couldn’t be more humiliated. The scent of her arousal was also becoming evident.

“Okay,” the way he looked at her gave her the sense she was being manhandled just from his gaze. He crossed his arms, “strip.”

She crossed her legs and tried to refuse. She found her shoulders shrugging off the blouse. The protective covering dropped to the floor, shortly followed by her bra. Her jaw was open wide in shock as her hands undid the snap at the top of her slacks and dropped them, which she then kicked aside.

Her crotch had achieved enough wetness being dragged past the books her panties were soaked. Thumbs hooked into her panties, she simply could not stop herself from peeling away the pink elastic band and cloth. They too dropped to the floor and she kicked them to the side with her slacks. All she was left with were socks and it did not appear she was required to shed them too.

Standing naked she felt more exposed than being undressed in a locker room at the gym. She wanted to cover her sex or her chest but for some reason her arms were out at her side, palms forward. She couldn’t bring herself to look at her tormentor. She felt ashamed of her inability to stop these manipulations.

“Turn, I want to look at my new toy.” She had a feeling he didn’t have to say it aloud.

“Why are you doing this to me?” she said in whining tones. “How are you doing this to me?!”

All she got in response was a chuckle as her body started to turn in place for him, bending at one point to get her ass to protrude his direction, then when facing him again, so her boobs dangled in front of her. She could feel her hips trying to undulate from arousal.

“You want something little slut?”

It seemed hardly possible for him to do anything to cause her to feel worse just now. Calling her a slut worked though and she felt it even in her spine. Even more to her shock, it had excited her that he called her a slut.

“Well slut, is there something you wanted?”

“Please, stop this, please,” she found herself shaking with desire though.

“Be a good little slut,” he said. “You were mine when I first saw you. You will ask for what you need.”

“I need you to stop this,” she found herself groaning with her need. She was helpless. She started to realize, she had to have a release. There were hot surges pulsing in her sex. It wouldn’t stop until she came. “Oh god.”

She saw he’d dropped his pants. His hand on her breast felt oddly good. She hated it but the heat from his touch was excited her. He kneaded her firmly. She found herself pressing against him for it.

“Oh god, please, do something, let me cum,” she groaned out in hunger now.

“That’s better, but still not right. You’re going to have to beg. And you will call me the right name too.”

What right name could he possibly mean? It seemed irrational. He hadn’t told her his name. He sat opposite her and? she moaned out her physical pleasure in a raw hungry way. “You ne?” she choked through a groan from within her chest, finding herself clenching up tightly but unable to get a release from it, “never told? me? name...”

He slipped his fingers down between her wet nether lips. Bringing his wet fingers to her lips, he whispered, “Taste yourself slut. Tell me what you are.” She sucked his fingers though she’d not meant to.

Desperate by now, she groaned out the words, “I’m? a? slut?”

He was close to her ear and she was pressing against him ravenous with need now. “Whose slut?”

“Your? slut? I’m? your? slut...”

“Good girl, now all you need to learn? is you are the slave, and I? what does that make me to you?”

“God? no? no...”

“God yes. Beg little cunt.”

“Please? please? don’t? make? me? sa...” she was breathing hard, her chest heaving against him and her hips moving with sinuous motions. “please? no...”

“Say it cunt. I will not have disobedience from you.”

“Go? oh?” She couldn’t stop the fierce fire flowing through her with searing desire, “oh god? please? m? Mast? Master? let...me...cum...” she gasped out.

His organ pressed against her between her thighs. He pressed her to the wall and with her help managed to lift her right leg to let the tip of his cock rub against first the damp wet fur around her mound, then the wet opening to her sex.

“OH!” her head flung itself back with a thump against the wall. He shoved himself in and started to pump his organ as much as he could into her. It was hard for her to move against him and keep his quick pummel strokes going into her, but she helped with that. “Please? oh? god? please?” she didn’t like the word but she said it, “Master? let. me. Cum...”

“When I cum, you may. Cunt,” he grunted as though that was now her name. She wanted to shriek out a demand to him but couldn’t. She felt him building though. He was not going to take long. He’d be cumming in her cunt then she could let loose? he’d promised her she could.

Tears were rolling down her cheek from the need for a now essential release. She was sweating from the exertion her body was now putting out with wild flailing. She wanted permission to cum! She wanted to scream but her voice would not come out.

She felt the rush of hot fluid splashing inside her. Immediately she clenched up tight, digging her fingers into his back, clinging to him as she froze in place, holding her breathing while the volcanic eruption flew through her entire body. She felt like she’d burst where she was. Then just as suddenly she was gasping for oxygen, trying to breath where a moment ago she’d been holding it in for the intensity she felt.

Anise rasped the air in and out of her lungs, holding onto the strange man who was now to be considered her Master, a name she never would have applied to anyone, ever. Not by choice. Her eyes were tightly closed and her bare chest pressed hard against his own. He yanked her head back by her hair and looked hard into her eyes, as though he was going to get violent.

Instead, he took her lips. He kissed with the hungry demand she kiss back. Much as she did not want to, she no longer resisted, she kissed him with heat matching the release she’d just received. When he let up on kissing her, he let her stand on her own. She could feel his cum rolling down the inside of her thighs.

“Get dressed, gather your things,” he told her, “you and I are going to my club.”

She shivered thinking about what he meant. She only nodded. She could not bring herself to say the words, not including terms he demanded she say in acquiescence.

She dressed while he stood there. He pulled out a cell phone while she walked back squishing her thighs to collect her things. She didn’t want to go with him but she could feel if she didn’t obey, he would find a way to force her. At the table she drew some napkins from her purse to clean the worst of her messy sex and his cum from her thighs, then pulled her slacks up. She held her panties, sticking them into her purse in dismay, wishing she had something to wrap them in first.

She could hear his voice back there in the stacks while he was on the phone. For an instant she considered running for it. She realized her legs would not do anything leading any further from him. Once again, her body was betraying her. Tears came unbidden.

Having gathered everything she wondered if he expected her to wait here, or if she should go back. She didn’t think the book he left here was his own. She turned to walk into the stacks to find him.

There was a loud sharp sound followed but a sudden sense of silence. She staggered a bit from the initial noise but then her ears were deadened from having heard it. It had felt as though the sound had physically bumped against her.

It took a few seconds for her ears to clear, ringing still. Then she thought the word, gunshot. She wasn’t sure if she should go towards or away from it when a tall woman walked out from the stacks where she had been with the odd man who just fucked her into near oblivion, entirely against her will.

“No worries sweetheart.” The woman adjusted the strap of her purse over her shoulder. She looked back down the aisle towards the wall, and turned back. Anise noticed the woman was tall but had on startling high heels. “He’s not going to bother anyone for now. Or probably ever. Just tell the police the truth and you’ll be fine.”

Anise stood jarred by what the woman just said. She looked down the aisle in the book shelves and saw the man. He was on the ground. The tall woman was gone. She shivered. Blinking, it was obvious someone had to report the body. She pulled her own cell out of her bag and dialed nine-one-one.

“Hello?”

“I want to report a body at the library,” she was numb and didn’t hear the voice asking her for more information after that. She didn’t want to talk about being forced to have sex with him. How would she explain? After all, her body seemed to act of it’s own volition.

Anise was sitting on the floor, numb, when the officers arrived.

* * *

Polly, Samuel, and Bart sat in the sedan on a street beside the gated entry to what looked to be a large house. As might be expected with such properties, there was a wall tall enough to make climbing it difficult. The gate had a call box where a driver could pause to request entry.

Quite likely, thought Bart, there were some guards too. Essentially rent-a-cop sorts who were allowed to use live ammo if in doubt. Because in this case after all, the owner of the property could get them cleared of any wrongdoing with a bit of mental editing. It was even possible the guards thought they had homes they went to away from here, yet lived their entire life now on the property.

Occasionally he bumped into those who used the talent in such ways. It was ugly and unpleasant. Yet normally the building of such little homestead empires was too much effort to a people more interested in instant gratification. It could take a lot of tweaking of the small army one built to control it. Too much like work for a lot of wild talents.

“What do you need us to do, Bart?” asked Polly.

“Give me a moment to scan and see if he’s home.” Bart had found a name to go with one of the men who walked in and out of the Fire Eaters with women on his arm. Not multiple women at one time, but multiple women over a few trips in and out. He had identified the psi in question. One Harold “Hal” Ingraham.

Ingraham appeared to show up in a limo he owned. So it was possible to get an address from the Department of Motor Vehicles. It appeared he interacted with others who had slaves nearby. Bart was hoping the guy either was one of the staff or at least knew who members were in sufficient numbers he could go through the list to do something about them.

His common method of looking for other psionic talents was to reach out around him with his senses to detect individuals, finding those with protective mental barriers. People who had no barrier to the sense were normals, mute to the ability of mind to mind touching. He let the sense spill out in a low key way when he did it. It was too easy to do so with a heavy hand and alert other minds with the skill being sought out. He did not want to alert any of those present.

Polly detected his sense but only just, and she was stronger with psionics than most. Samuel also felt it, but with such faintness he might have missed it if he didn’t know it was coming. Bart had a lot of experience, being around longer than any other psi the couple ever met, so they expected him to have a subtle touch.

“He’s not alone. He has some slaves around him. Some of those are the guards for the estate. When I start probing him, he may direct them to attack me. Or us rather.”

“So what you want us to do is knock out the human tools, send them to la-la land?” Samuel said.

“You shouldn’t need to act against them until I’m engaged, possibly not even after I start for a bit. Once he notices me, I expect they’ll react.”

“Do we need to go inside?” Samuel pointed to the gate, “If so, we’ll need to find whoever is running the security here.”

“No need. I can do my part from here. It’ll give more time before someone comes looking for our physical presence. Just keep your eyes open and if someone shows up you can just send them into a dream.”

He took a breath, prepping himself emotionally for what he had to do.

“Okay Hal, ol’ bean. Here I come.”

The other two looked over at him as he closed his eyes to focus on the target. Polly looked around to see if anything seemed to change around them, though she knew nothing would occur immediately.

The old man stretched out his senses to the psi inside the house and started to work the tiniest thread of thought into the wild talent. Trying to control another talent without fanfare or being noticed he’d found to be tricky. His little tendrils of thought were touching so lightly because he wanted to gain as much control as possible before the other man became aware of his presence.

Things were quiet at the car. A blue jay was making a mess out of whatever it was eating in the grass near them. Samuel pointed it out briefly to Polly who smiled and returned to her vigilant watch over the gray salt and pepper haired man they guarded. Time felt like it was dragging for them. Bart was quite still though they could tell he was breathing.

Bart made every effort to keep each contact to a minimal pressure to conceal his presence exploring Hal. Hal, it seemed, had a personal barrier up against mental intrusion but it had gaps which Bart was able to work through. He couldn’t simply put Hal to sleep, because the watchdog part of the target’s protection was not dependent on being conscious. Instead, it was necessary to go turn off pieces of protection from within, one at a time, slowly shutting off sensitive aspects of mental awareness that might notice there was an intruder.

In order to focus on finding controlling points without triggering mechanisms in the man’s head was difficult even for Bart. To his advantage Ingraham was preoccupied with something. Or someone. Yes, he was busy fucking someone. Bart didn’t want a ride along, it might give him away. He could sense the steady pulses of the man’s excitement, slipping around them as he cut off the various detection structures. Soon he would have to start taking the physical controls away, and it was pretty much dead certain Hal would notice then.

Who wouldn’t notice if their consciousness no longer controlled their physical actions? Before then he wanted to have a grip within the consciousness so the man thought it acceptable for him to control everything about Hal. The man experienced a pleasure surge and the side pressure made Bart’s presence apparent.

It didn’t matter. Hal’s having noticed came too late. Hal was controlled by Bart now, who put him into a mental stasis of sorts. He had Hal sit down and stay where he was, doing nothing until Bart got to him.

“Okay, let’s find the guard who can let us in. We can start clearing the minds of the people on his property.”

Polly let out a sigh of relief.

“I knew you could do it without anyone having to do any fighting,” Samuel said.

“There’s about two dozen people on the property who he’s taken over. You and Polly get started,” the gate started to swing open.

“Already have,” Polly said. “We can collect everyone together and make sure we work through each of them.”

“There’s a main hall near the front hallway. Have them gather there. Try to be sure they’re subdued and can’t suddenly start doing the unexpected.”

Samuel drove the car up the driveway to the front door. They parked and one of the newly converted guards opened the door. People from around the property slowly started to trickle into the room. Except for Hal. Bart kept Hal frozen in place where he was while they started to edit minds, clearing people to leave by way of a micro-bus the security people had.

The women were first, one worse than the rest. Polly set her aside, her name was Susan and she had some serious problems to deal with. In addition to having been twisted up inside her head in strange ways, Susan was at least seven months pregnant. The three of them exchanged looks over that. They might have to take her with them to find a way to deal with how she was in a family way.

It was easy enough to turn people back a few months, then send them to various places to find their way back into a normal mental state. Memories were removed, with difficulty, adjustments made to emotional states, explanations conveniently drawn out as what the imaginations of each of the people involved could come up with for their loss of time.

The guards were easier because they’d apparently been recruited from criminal backgrounds, self described mercenaries, or loners who’d been brawling when Hal had found them. The criminals would take flight believing someone more powerful than themselves was out to get them. Such thoughts were easily drawn from memories that scared them.

The would be mercenaries would think they’d barely escaped from a bad private mission somewhere. The attempt was made to make the memories frightening so they’d avoid taking up new contracts. It might not work, but it satisfied Polly and Samuel to try to reduce their violent actions.

Polly insisted on planting an aversion to violence in the guys who’d been brawlers before falling under Hal’s influence.

The women were a bit more difficult to work out.

Two were twins. Bart took the task of clearing their memories and resetting their life memories. It wasn’t easy. They had family locally who were bound to be worried about them. They’d been missing the better part of a year and a half. He had them sit to one side. The cover story had to be complex, to his dismay. They’d run away for a fling in Europe, or so they would believe. To their benefit he planted some of his knowledge of French. He’d have to go with them and do a little adjusting for their family too.

The other women had to have individual attention to help create false memories of where they’d been. Some got to be runaways because it was easier than trying to have them turn up with amnesia. It took some time to create fake memories to replace the real ones that just had to be removed. Only the one that was a wife before being taken was left with amnesia in place of the missing time. There was nothing to be done about that.

Except for the twins, the pregnant woman, and dealing with Hal, the people in the house were taken care of. He finally climbed the stairs up to find the psionic he had control over now. He had the man lie down on the bed, while he pulled up a chair from a vanity nearby.

“Hello Mister Ingraham. You don’t need to know who I am. You don’t need to talk even. I’m sure you know how that works already. No, I’m not going to release your mouth so you can talk anyway. I’m sure all you’d do is demonstrate how limited your vocabulary can be.”

Samuel came up about ten minutes later. “We can deal with Susan but what do you want to do about Janice and Kelly?”

“Janice and Kelly? Oh, the twins,” he ran his fingers through his hair thoughtfully, “Is there a chance you two can take them home and settle them in safely or do I need to do it?”

“Hang on, I’ll check with my wife,” Samuel went quiet a few seconds, “She’s confident we can take care of them. I’ll see you later. At the usual place.”

“Yes. I don’t know how long it will take to peel away everything I need from Hal here.”

“We’ll leave you the car. It seems there’s a few extra vehicles in the garage.”

Bart laughed. “Yes, there would be. Might as well enjoy it while you can.”

He looked back at the dark man on the bed. “Try not to think. It wouldn’t help. Not you anyway.”

Ingraham couldn’t speak, even his eyes didn’t move. Bart got back to work digging around for names, addresses, phone numbers, bank accounts, ledgers, and other pieces of useful information. He also started to take things away from Hal, memories for one thing. Soon Hal would be like the bow-tie guy Edward had visited wrath on. Empty of the things that made him able to use his mind against others.

* * *

Thorn pulled the little chain on the bed stand light. Squinting he looked around. His wife turned away on the bed, burying her head into the pillows. He picked up the phone and silenced the ringer by the simple expedient of answering it.

“This is Thorn.”

“Another body dropped in Hurricane, Agent Thorn.” The voice on the other end was a man in Columbus who Thorn knew. “I just got a call from their chief. They’re making it official. We’re being asked to help out. It really has the earmarks of a serial killer.”

“Who is unit two sending?”

“Special Agent Mathers. She asked me to call you to see if you want to help out. She says you flagged this a day or so ago.”

“What’s the best way to get there?”

“You can fly into Rickenbacker if you can hitch a ride on a reserve cargo plane. It’s the closest base to the city. If you can’t catch a quick lift that way, you’ll just have to get a commercial flight into Columbus and sign out one of the agency cars. No big deal, I’ll have someone get started on trying to get a vehicle ready as soon as you let me know which option you’re able to take.”

“How did they figure this was part of a series?”

“Ballistics matched another recent shooting. We’ve been trying to identify any connection between any recent murder victims, coming up empty so far.”

“I’ll get back to you about transportation.”

Thorn kissed his wife on the cheek then turned out the light. She mumbled something about him making it a quick trip. He picked up his go bag and grabbed a few things to wear. He’d change in the bathroom so she would be able to get back to sleep.

“Who’s calling at this hour?” came the voice from the phone when he called Bennett.

“Who would call you at this hour Bill?” he responded.

“Oh. Hi boss. Hang on a second.” Fumbling noises came from the phone for a couple moments before Bennett’s voice came through clearly again. “Sorry, needed to get to a room I could have the light on.”

“Grab your things and I’ll pick you up,” he looked at the clock, “in about an hour. I should’a asked them to call you first. The thing in Ohio has become a full blown investigation. Mathers asked for me, so you’re coming too. Oh, and get on the phone to our travel people. Best option is supposed to be the reserve airbase south of Columbus. If we can’t hitch a ride, we’ll have to squeeze onto commercial flights and that probably means more than one leg of the trip to get there.”

“I’ll see what I can do. I’ll call you back as soon as I get us a travel itinerary.”

“Good.”

“Oh, do we need any of the things we collected in the office?”

“I brought the files home to work on tonight. I didn’t think it would break this fast. Call me and we’ll get going.”

“Yes sir.”

* * *

“You know the scavenger hunt the members in the Spiders clique were asking people to participate in?”

“What about it? I certainly wasn’t going to join in,” Jake said to Jonathan.

“Well one of them, you remember Vince?”

“Was he the one who kept bringing girls in from out of town to show off?”

“He used to wear those t-shirts with skull and crossbones, like he wanted to be a pirate or something.”

“I remember him. Why? What about him?”

“He didn’t turn up for the scavenger thing’s conclusion tonight. He was one of the organizers for it, so I started to look for him. Mostly because of our recent, er, loss of members. I ended up talking to my police officer friend. It seems Vince turned up at the university library. In a puddle of his own blood.”

“I guess we’re going to have to make sure no one can connect to us. Someone seems to have it out for us.”

“So cover it up? Like the others? This makes six deaders, add in Fergie too. Our membership is going to melt away if we don’t figure out who is doing this and stop it. Somehow. We are under attack and I have no idea who it is, do you?”

“No. Not a clue. We’re going to have to get the core members together to talk about it. Someone might have some clue. In any case we have to get people to keep an eye out for strangers and crap. I’d have thought one of our members would catch on to whoever it is and bring them to heel already.”

“I’d have thought the same. Unless they have our abilities, our members ought to be able to control whoever it is.”

“We’ll need to see if anyone in the group has seen anything or knows something they aren’t sharing yet.”

“I’ll pull in a few of the ones here at the moment. I was thinking maybe you could try to persuade Melody to help out. She’s among the best we have. You’re the only man she even talks to besides her toys. The rest of us are beneath her contempt. Frankly, it would be enjoyable to beat the fucking attitude out of her at some point.”

“Now now. We can’t be fighting among ourselves. I’ll have a word with her about her hostility toward other members. I suspect if she realizes she’s at risk too, she’ll help out.”

“Okay. Meet you in the board room in twenty?”

“Sounds good.” Jake grumbled. He gathered himself together.

If he hadn’t gotten the clever idea of taking over the city, he’d probably have broken Melody and made her crawl in her own filth. He couldn’t do that though and appear to be the reasonable one of the bunch.

He had developed bigger plans than just fucking women who thought they were superior to him. He figured someone with the ability was being a schmuck, ruining it for the rest of them. Why, he didn’t know, but he couldn’t come up with another explanation for how someone could be shooting members without being controlled.

* * *

Edward looked at the bedroom. He was going to need a bigger bed. He decided he needed to go to bed, had been in the bathroom, and returned to find this.

This, was his bed occupied by all three women.

“How did this happen?” he asked.

“Well, I came to join you tonight,” answered Lexi, “Ellie wants to be as close to Master as possible. She doesn’t care if I’m here too or not. I don’t care if she’s here or not. Pru...”

“It’s lonely out there all by myself,” said Prudence. “I didn’t want to be alone! Besides, I want to snuggle with my family too.”

“I didn’t tell them to get naked, Master, they did that on their own. It seemed like something that would please you,” Elaine added.

He scratched the back of his head. Then started to peel off the T-shirt and underwear he was wearing. If they were going to be naked, then he would be too.

“OOOhhh...” Prudence grinned, “you’re right Lexi.”

“About?”

“Nothing small about Edward.”

It took a bit of effort to squeeze between three writhing women, all naked, all wanting to touch him, wanting to be touched. Elaine took his face between her hands and kissed him with all the romance and desire she had stored up even before he claimed her.

Sleep was not happening tonight.

* * *