The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Frequently Asked Questions

Question 1:

How do I submit a story to you?

Answer:

If you’ve written a story, and you want to submit it to me, there are two ways you can do it. You can either concentrate on the story real hard, and transmit it to me telepathically :—), or you can email it to me.

Also note that I am now enforcing minimum length requirements for stories submitted to me. If you are submitting a complete, self-contained story, it must be at least 1500 words long. If you are submitting to me chapters of a multi-chapter story, please wait until you have finished at least 2000 words until sending anything to me. (I don’t care how long individual chapters are, but if they’re shorter than 2000 words, please wait until you have finished more than one of them before sending them to me).

Submission should be plain text only. No HTML, no word processor formats, no RTF.

Question 2:

What do you mean by “plain text” format? How do I create plain text? How do I preserve italics when I do this?

Answer:

When I say plain text, I mean that the file should be saved with a “.TXT” extension, as opposed to a “.DOC”, “.RTF”, “.HTM” or “.HTML” extension.

To do this within Microsoft Word, go to File→Save As..., and there should be a drop-down menu that lets you select the file type. Again, this file type should be text (.TXT).

When you do this, all formatting in the file is lost. To indicate italics, please highlight words with asterisks *like this*. Other methods, like using _underscores_ or <i>tags</i> are also acceptable, as long as you pick one method and use it consistently.

Yes, I know that this means more work for you, the author, but doing so saves me lots and lots of time each week when I do an update.

Question 3:

Do you have any other restrictions on what stories you accept?

Answer:

I no longer accept stories involving characters under the age of 18 in sexual situations. The characters must be unambiguously over 18, and I will be interpreting what constitutes “sexual situations” quite liberally.

Because of legal threats I have received in the past, I am no longer accepting any fan fiction. The fan fiction that is already in the archive will remain for now; I may decide to delete it at a later time.

Question 4:

Is there anything I can do to help out with the archive?

Answer:

The best thing you can do to support the site is to support all the people who make it possible. I go through a lot of trouble to include the email addresses of the authors whenever I can. If there are any stories on this site that you like, the least you can do is give the authors a few words of encouragement. That way, there will continue to be new material for the site in the future.

I would also strongly encourage you to try writing stories yourself.

Question 5:

Many of the stories on the site have poor grammar and spelling. Can’t you fix them?

Answer:

Unfortunately, the time it would take me to go through all the stories and copyedit them would suck up way too much time. Also, since I’m an author myself, I know I wouldn’t want somebody else to go through and change my words, even if they had good intentions.

The best advice I could give is for authors to get it right in the first place. Spellcheckers are available for every computer system, there is no excuse for bad spelling. Good grammar is easy, too. See the excellent Celestial Grammar for a good guideline.

Question 6:

Will you please mail me <whatever>?

Answer:

As a general rule, I don’t respond to individual requests for stories sent via email. The only things available are the stories already posted to my web site. If you want something from my backlog, you’re just going to have to be patient until I post it.

Question 7:

Can’t you create a category listing for different types of mind-control, such as hypnosis or telepathy?

Answer:

The category listing are for categories besides mind-control, they aren’t for sub-categories of mind-control. Many of the stories on my site are quite ambiguous about how the mind-control works, and would be impossible to categorize. Furthermore, it would be way too much work for me to go back and read (as of 2013) the 8000 or so stories that are already on my site.

The synopses of the stories usually provide a clue about what kind of mind-control the story has.

Question 8:

Do you mind if I create a link to your site?

Answer:

No, I don’t mind if you link to my site. Of course, I don’t make any money off of my site, so I don’t mind if you don’t link to my site either. It’s all up to you.

Question 9:

Would you create a link to my site?

Answer:

Keeping the links page up-to-date was too much of a pain, so now it’s gone.