The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Bonfire

Scott sat and stared into the flames of the bonfire. He casually looked around at the crowd of people that also stared into the flames. What an odd mix, he thought to himself. Men who look uncomfortable in the casual setting, suited better for the boardroom. Ladies in shorts and sandals with brightly painted toes. Some young, some old, adults unsure how to make eye contact in this misty dark atmosphere.

Scott got the invitation to attend through an email at work. Since he had no plans for the evening and it promised to be the first pleasant night of the season, he agreed to attend. Bonfires always fascinated him, and he liked the darkness that surrounded him just outside the ring of light. He understood fire was the hot, glowing mixture of burning gases and tiny particles that arises from combustion. Scott was a man of science, everything made sense, had its place in the universe.

When he was invited to the bonfire, he thought about it carefully. He thought about everything carefully. He would only know one other person there. That would be in his favor. Scott was not comfortable around his co-workers outside of work. The made him uncomfortable with all their questions and direct eye contact. He preferred his solitude. He agreed to come, a chance to be outdoors, seemingly in a normal activity. The fresh sea air, and the sand under his feet were always two things he enjoyed. He did wonder why there was a bonfire tonight; usually bonfires are a part of a ritual of purification and consecration. There did not seem to be a ritual tonight. Mostly people sat quietly staring into the flames. His thoughts wandered when he heard someone speaking to him in a soft voice “Did you know that flames get their light either from the fluorescence of molecules or ions that have become excited, or from the incandescence of solid particles involved in the combustion process, such as the carbon particles from a candle?”

Scott turned toward the voice and was surprised to see an attractive woman smiling at him. Her look was open and very appealing. He couldn’t help but smile and nodded as he spoke. “Actually, yes, I did know that. Although I do admit I am surprised to hear it spoken aloud tonight, in such a casual easy-going gathering.”

She laughed, and smiled again. “I guess I am somewhat of a nerd. I look into the flame and think about the origin of the fire. How the blaze became. The word blaze usually denotes a quick, hot, bright, and comparatively large flame.” She smiled and chuckled softly. “There I go again! Some of my friends call me the walking dictionary!” She reached out and touched Scott’s arm as she spoke. He looked down at where her hand rested on his arm and wondered at it. It felt good there, comfortable. Usually he flinched when strangers touched him. She had beautiful hands, long slender fingers, clean and trimmed fingernails. They seemed perfect. He looked back towards her face when she spoke again. “I love the way the flames dance, the coals kind of waving between red, yellow, and a dark black. I find it so fascinating, even though I understand the scientific reason why.” She smiled and Scott found he was smiling back.

“My name is Leslie.” She lifted her hand and reached towards Scott for a handshake. Scott took her hand in his and shook.

“My name is Scott. A pleasure to meet you, Leslie.” She smiled and turned back to the fire, seemingly ending the conversation as she let her hands fall into her lap. Scott turned to look at the fire, also. His thoughts were on Leslie as he watched the colors swirl and dance about in the flames. It was another moment before he realized she was talking again. Her words soft, almost a whisper, Scott leaned in closer, tilting his head slightly in her direction to hear more clearly.

“Ever notice the way the colors continue to change? How nice that change is.
The fire is like life.
Change is constant and continual; with every passing moment there is change.
Change is within us, and good.”

Scott nodded and looked at Leslie, but as her gaze was still on the fire, he turned back to the fire and felt some of the tension leave his shoulders. He liked this calm, easy feeling that was settling around him. Not sure if it was the fire or Leslie that caused it, he sat quietly listening to the crackle of the burning wood, and to the softly spoken words floating towards him.

“It feels so nice to just sit here and let go of any worries or concerns. Just watching the fire and letting the soft crackling noises sooth away my anxieties.

It feels right to allow this time for relaxation.
To unwind so completely
As though the fire consumes all the negative thoughts.
Don’t you agree?”

Scott smiled and nodded. It did feel good to feel the warmth of the fire and listen to the soft popping sounds as Leslie’s words flowed over him.

“Perhaps you will notice, as I have, how relaxed your whole body has become.
A feeling of calmness and contentment fills me.

I think you will find, as I do, how easy it has become to feel perfectly calm and self-confidant.

This makes you feel happy and content.
More and more comfortable, able to let go of all tension now.
Relaxing is a naturally pleasant experience.
You are just relaxing and watching.
It is natural to feel so content and relaxed and easy.
Don’t you agree?”

Scott nodded, finding his words did not want to break the easy rhythm that had developed. He just continued to listen and watch the fire glow.

Leslie continued. “See how content we can be with the processes and changes in our own feelings.
The total relaxation seeping into your body and mind allows you to become absorbed in your own inner thoughts.
As you begin your journey into your own inner world,
To that unique and special part of you.
It becomes so easy to let go of any negative thoughts or feelings.
It is ok to allow unimportant things to pass you by.
Focus on just feeling good.
On being here now watching and waiting.
With your feelings and imagination,
almost floating and dreaming
and feeling so very comfortable and secure.
Helps you develop an inner calm and strength”

Scott watched the fire as the colors continued to swirl in his eyes just as Leslie’s words swirled in his mind. His breathing was steady and calm. He felt amazingly light, as if time no longer existed. He continued to listen and she continued to speak in her whispery soft voice.

“Scott, I think it’s time for you to focus now. Allow your mind and your thoughts to return to normal. Take the time you need, come back as slowly or as quickly as you wish. You will find coming back a pleasant and calm experience.” Leslie’s voice broke through Scott’s conscious mind. Her words suddenly more clear, spoken out loud, yet still gentle and filled with kindness.

Scott blinked as his mind cleared a bit. He had no idea how long he had been there, listening to Leslie speak. The fire was out; the sun was peeking up over the horizon. He realized it was no longer nighttime and he was on the beach at daybreak. Everyone had left at sometime during the night. He was there alone with Leslie and the dying embers of the great bonfire.

As he gazed out at the calm blue sea, Scott saw the waves lapping lazily on the beach and heard the sound of the seagulls up above. He looked to Leslie, confused, still unable to speak through his mind’s mellow foggy feeling. She smiled and again touched his arm. He felt the confusion ebb out of him through her fingertips.

“It’s ok, Scott. Everything is fine. We had a quiet evening on the beach and you were able to relax completely. I was here with you, as your guide, so to speak. I sensed that you needed to let go, and I offered you the path to do so.”

They sat in silence for a long time, just watching the sunrise over the horizon. Scott alternated between the sunrise and sneaking glances sideways towards Leslie. Occasionally she turned and smiled as he was looking at her. Words seemed insufficient after what they just shared. The only sounds were the waves kissing the shore, and the birds calling out.

Scott smiled and took Leslie’s hand. “I wish I understood what happened to me tonight. I feel free, maybe for the first time in my adult life.”

“That’s good, Scott. This is exactly what you should feel.” She smiled again and moved some sand over the last of the fire. Together they made sure no more embers were burning, as they covered what was left of the burning wood with wet sand. They stood, hand in hand and watched the sun continue to rise over the horizon. They left as the first of the fishermen were making their way down to the beach.

Scott turned to Leslie and they both smiled. Words seemed unimportant and unnecessary.