The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Synopsis: Jake gets his hand on some reality-changing candies…

Tags: mc, gr

Bx Drops

Chapter 1

“I don’t want to take those,” Hannah said, instinctively recoiling from the Bx Drops. “Where did you get them anyway?”

“I found ’em,” Jake said grinning. He had a gallon bag of them in his hands, the big, permanent ones, like ping pong-sized gobstoppers. They were in their distinctively bright wrappers.

“I don’t trust those Bx products at all,” Hannah said, with revulsion. “They give me the heebie jeebies. Reality changing candies? No thanks. You… you haven’t taken any, have you?”

“Don’t worry,” Jake said, still smiling. Holy shit, Hannah was attractive. Look at her sitting there, with her long blond hair, those fascinating, perfect lips. He’d spent hours in classes with her in high school, and later at college, always a few seats behind, staring at her. Watching her hair resting on her slim back, watching her shift in her seat, hand reaching down occasionally to adjust her clothes… Of course, this was the first conversation he’d really ever had with her, one on one.

Good,” she said, relieved. “I… I trust you.” But something about that made her pause. It sounded… off.

“Do you really trust me?”

“I… I…” Hannah shook her head. She was trying to think. Wasn’t Jake… famous unreliable? By like, all metrics? Infamous at college for stiffing people? Borrowing money and not repaying, showing up late, still making those uncomfortably sexist jokes that had stopped being funny a decade ago? Hadn’t he… hadn’t he once borrowed her roommate’s car without permission, took the key right out of her purse in class, and refused to acknowledge that he had, even when video proof emerged?

Jake gave a disarming shrug and smile.

“People usually seem to find me trustworthy, that’s why I ask,” Jake said. The suaveness of his delivery caught him slightly be surprise. His face was making a sympathetic expression, both unfamiliar and very familiar at the same time. This was him now, after all. Trustworthy. Or, trustworthy seeming.

“Yeah, b-but…” Hannah said. Well, she did trust him, didn’t he? He just… had one of those faces. An expression like you hoped a Jedi Master would have. But still… Hadn’t her sister once said he had sent her inappropriate DMs for weeks? She frowned. Hadn’t she said that he couldn’t take no for an answer, got obsessive? Creepy guy several years older, kept offering free weed, bad movies, and weirdly racist commentary about current events. She crossed her arms across her chest and sat down to think. She was so protective of her sister. This was important. This was… Something felt painful in her head.

Jake admired her small breasts perched above her arms, the way her small tee flattered her body. He was totally fascinated by how the Bx Drops progressing. He had taken two: Tells Lies convincingly along with Seems trustworthy. They were combining interestingly. And this was him now. Him both ways now, past and future.

He knew before taking them the Drops would change reality. But still, it had still taken him aback. He had kind of expected a wolfman like transformation, a change, but this was like re-editing the entire movie, always a wolf. Only little echoes flying around—otherwise, he did seem trustworthy, everything about him, this was him, a major, almost overwhelming personality trait now.

Ten minutes after taking the Drops in a gas station—a little permanent personality change in a single-occupant bathroom, mixing the drops into some Gatorade—he finished his long drive to Hannah’s house. He had stopped his car in her driveway, parents still at work, good, and examined his new self in the mirror for a long time. There was a fascination that was slowly fading, the sharp spike of novelty was quickly degrading. But still. His face had nothing of the sort of rat-like rapaciousness he knew it used to have. Instead, he had soft eyes and permanent dimples, a calming, relaxed shirt that fit well, and a nice watch on his wrist that perfectly bridged casual and professional, that somehow sent a clear signal that he was reliable but not arrogant… you know. Trustworthy.

It started to feel right though, the more he looked at himself. The Bx Drops had a long transition tail, he had read on crackpot forums, but the majority of the effects were pretty quick to bleed in, ten minutes. And so figuring he was good to go, he went up the wooden stoop to the middle-class house, rapped on the door, and a concerned Hannah had opened the door. He had been taken aback—he was expecting her sister, Emily. No matter.

The door was a crack at first, but then she threw it open wide when she saw it was him. “You came all this way?” she asked. At first there was alarm on her face, disbelief, maybe shock—but as he watched it softened into worry on her behalf. “What’s up?”

He asked if he could come in. The fat cat scattered, wow, he never imagined Hannah and Emily lived in such a dingy house. He had grown up in placid suburbia, doctor parents who were permanently disappointed in him. It took them years, but they finally caught on to all his lies.

Which was where they were now, him showing her the bag of Bx, talking about trust.

“You can trust me, you know,” he told her, with a self-aware twinkle in his eye. “I…” He stopped, briefly felt woozy. It was a new memory, emerging in his head like a bubble. On his way through Philadelphia, he had picked up a hitchhiker—or had he? Hadn’t he come straight from his parent’s basement…? He felt a brief panic, a kind of floundering, a sense of crisis, like waking from a dream. Which to grasp… Then it felt like a switch was thrown. Right. He had pick up a hitchhiker, hours ago, really and truly, reality had changed—it was those pesky parallel memories of not picking her up, those were the wrong memories.

The hitchhiker had been cute. She wasn’t formally hitching, just walking down a stretch of road, and he had rolled down the window of his beat up car and stuck his head out, smiling brilliantly—wow, a leerless smile, that was… new. Although, behind that pleasant smile, there had definitely been a dog-like leer in his mind, panting at her weirdly ample boobs pressed out against her maroon top. But she smiled back at him. He seemed trustworthy after all.

“Hey! Where are you going, friend?” he had asked her. She had had black hair, a pale face. “Campus!” she said, putting her hands on her hips, a confident motion, wind whipping her hair. “Me too!” he lied delightedly. “Let me move my yoga bag and you can hop in!” And when he had dropped her off near Penn, after spending twenty minutes casually telling lies. He made up an entire roster of fake courses he was attending, obscure yet hilarious campus groups he was part of. Incredibly facile lies, her face kept lighting up, laughing, a mathematician, she said. She gave him her number… Jake shook his head.

Whoa, this was all weird.

He felt something come into existence in his pocket. A notebook, with a number written in it in confidently, powerful letters. Samantha, she had written and underlined, giving him eye contact as she slammed the door. He would have to call her later, cute body, abounding in cocky confidence, knees up against the dash, giving full-bodied laughs to his jokes, intensely focused eyes. A husky deep voice, and almost tomboy-like motions, except all in an outrageously feminine body, skinny, but with curves dialed right past scandalous. The kind of girl that caused car accidents whenever she decided to dress herself that way. A girl acutely aware of her fortunes and abilities, perfectly tallied ledger of it.

But for now: Hannah. She was looking up at him in concern while he shifted through thoughts. Ah, Hannah. Sitting there, looking vulnerable. There was a kind of innocence about her, a personality that felt freshly emerged, girlhood carried over from junior high all the way into senior year of college. Delight in things, an edge of girlishness to her. She had a lilac tie around her ponytail. “You okay?” she asked.

He sat down next to her.

“No, are you okay?” he asked, putting his hand on her shoulder, squeezing it warmly. It was a comforting motion, completely naturally, and she felt her nervousness melt. He gave her a smile, which she reciprocated. Her bright blue eyes above her white teeth. Good ol’ Jake, she thought. Hadn’t her sister said Jake had been charming on his messages to her? Even if her sister wasn’t interested, he seemed to have gone about it the right, a gentleman’s infatuation, a little embarrassing maybe but not, like, worrisome.

“It’s just…” she said. “Those Bx Drops. They’re… kind of scary. Anything could happen. Just the idea of them makes me feel out of control. Not myself. I like me.”

Jake nodded empathetically. He stole another look at her chest. Her breasts looked amazing in that shirt, with its little v-cleft above the NYC letters. The bra-line lightly visible, ah, thin fabric. What would she look like naked, beneath him? he wondered idly. He imagined her fondling her nipples while she gazed hungrily at him. Those lips of hers opening, taking in a finger, eyes pleading for something more.

“Gosh, I totally understand where you’re coming from,” he said. He felt the familiar thrill at how easy the lies flowed. “Bx Drops scare me too. I would never use them myself. Although… sometimes I think, in some situations, with the right friend, it might be… kind of fun, you know?” His eyes twinkled. “Like a friend to share a secret with.”

“Well…”

“Haven’t you ever thought it’d ever be fun to change? Like, what if I was a baseball star, or I was actually good at guitar, or something. What would you change about yourself? Secret, promise.”

“I mean, who hasn’t thought about being better at homework. Better at writing, I’m so slow at it. More disciplined for practicing my scales. More confidence, maybe, a better butt.”

A secret friend. That was a pleasant thought, somehow. And it felt good to open about these. Her fears that she wasn’t practicing enough. The frustration at the C’s and B’s for her papers, no matter how hard she tried.

“Well, can I share a secret with you?” Jake said, leaning in in a mock conspiratorial tone. “Sometimes… I wish I had a better butt too!”

She laughed, and stroked her ponytail unconsciously. She had never told anyone, but she always felt a bit embarrassed by her butt. She unselfconsciously thought of herself as pretty, everyone told her, pressure to embody, self-criticism when she fell short. One time her mom had made an off-hand comment about her volleyball team, those shorts, and a mention of her negative comparison. Totally off-the-cuff, mom probably didn’t even remember making it—but it stuck with Hannah for years.

Wait. What was Jake doing at her house, anyway? He had asked to come in—but didn’t he live, like, a state over? What, a coincidental summer break visit to her small town? Six hour detour? Visiting baseball stadiums, really? She should ask again.

Of course, it didn’t really matter though. He was the sort of person you could give a house key to and feel more peace of mind.

Your ass has mine beat by a mile!” he said. “Totally not fair.” He knew it would have sounded creepy in his old reality, more like a wolf whistle then comradery. But as he was now, here it had a disarming friendliness to it. She blushed.

“Well. Thanks!” she said.

“Hey, how’s Emily doing?” he asked nonchalantly. Hannah’s kid sister. Jake’s dick throbbed at the thought. The reason he had come. Hannah was merely a bonus.

“Emily?” Hannah said. “Hah. She’s fine. More than fine, really. She’s really blooming!”

“Yeah, she’s so talented!” Jake enthused. “She’s going to be the Supreme Court Chief Justice by 35, I think.” Hannah stroked her ponytail again with happiness. She loved her sister, was so proud of her.

Emily was… was her best friend. They were peas of a pod, since they were little, doing as much as they could together. Always in each other’s corner. The Angel Sisters, her aunts called them, to her mom’s disapproval, both pretty and slender and blond and with fair complexion out of a painting. It was one of those unquestioned things that Emily was prettier, a kind of best-in-state aura of beauty. They laughed about it sometimes, everything about it. Hannah was so proud of her. Relieved, in a way, to be merely pretty.

Hannah was the musician, genuinely talented. A solo career, her teacher had thought, if she stayed focus, good enough for the scholarships to pull her onward. Emily was the scholar. Her freshman year had been dizzyingly paced, she had already won a debate tournament in Shanghai, found a strangely serious boyfriend, Xiaomen, and earned a prestigious internship at a New York think tank. It was starting in a few weeks, gosh Emily had been excited and nervous for it…

“Honestly, things have been going so well for both of us,” Hannah admitted. “I’m almost worried something will derail us.”

“Haha. She’ll be coming home soon, right?”

“Yeah, in like… 10 minutes, probably.” Hm. He wasn’t here to see… her, was he?

Jake leaned in with a charming amount of earnestness. There was a humorous coyness about him. He shook his bag of Bx Drops.

“What do you say… we surprise her with some better butts? A better butt for both of us.”

Hannah gave a laugh of surprise.

“You dork,” she said, her mouth curving upward a bit. Was he… flirting with her?

“Seems like a harmless little experiment” he said disarmingly. He stood up and grabbed his rear with a comically mocking expression, like he had lost something in his pockets. “I mean, what’s it like to change realities! Would we notice? Would Emily? It would be, like, the most ass-tastic use of the scientific method ever!”

Hannah considered. I mean, this was Jake after all. He practically seemed like the second coming of Gandhi. And there was something about have a secret friend, for secret thoughts. A permanent fix, a permanent upgrade.

Part of her thought about how she’d look, fully filled out below, standing at a flute recital, three-quarter profiles. She watched a lot of her own videos, recitals were stage performances. It could help her career. Help her get the attention of Eric. And at parties, people would be jealous of her, she’d be cool, maybe not always perceived so angelically… she blushed deeply, ashamed.

“I don’t know…” she said.

“Tell you what,” Jake said, rising. She looked good with red cheeks, he decided. Blushing. “I’ll mix one butt potion for me, and one butt potion for you, and you can decide after I take mine.” He headed toward the kitchen.

“Jake…”

“It’ll be the first time for me too,” he lied, “and I’d love to have someone to share the experience with.”

He had to be pretty quick before Emily came home. All those different Drops. Each Drop had an effect, written on the inside of the wrapper. Before he took his, he had unwrapped and rewrapped a few, looking for something good for him. He had come across Partier and Annoying and Rapunzel Hair and Time Traveler and Perfect Calves and Gardener and Muslim. Unexpected stuff; who knows what else was in the bag.

He could put anything he wanted into her cup. Change her anyway he wanted…