The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Curiosity

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2020.

* * *

I

“I want you to try it on me,” Lucy burst out breathlessly. She’d been obsessed with the idea for the past few days, since she’d walked in on Veronica in the middle of a session, and before she could lose her nerve, she’d decided to come over and say it.

“Try what on you?” Veronica asked, crossing the kitchen to stand in front of Lucy.

Lucy shut the back door behind her tightly, and swallowed, meeting her neighbor’s eyes. “I want you to hypnotize me.”

Veronica opened and shut her mouth a few times, a small frown on her face. “Lucy, I—I mean, that’s my job. I don’t hypnotize people in my personal life, and I don’t do hypnosis for free. And even if you wanted to pay me, I couldn’t accept you as a client. We’re in and out of each other’s houses—we’ve been friends for years. I couldn’t ethically take you on as a client.”

“I don’t want to be a client—” Lucy said, frustrated by her lack of words. She clenched her fists to try and let some of the frustration out of her body. “I just want… well, when I walked in on you and your client the other day, and I saw you put her into trance… I mean, I’ve known what you do for a living as long as I’ve known you, but knowing, and-and seeing are two different things.”

Veronica was still looking very confused by what Lucy was saying. She’d shifted a few steps left, and was now leaning against her fridge, with her arms crossed over her chest. “But why—I put my clients into trance usually because there is a treatment plan—we’ve named the issues we want to tackle together and then I put them into trance and we do the work—” Veronica sighed, and shook her head. “I don’t see how… there aren’t any issues you want to tackle, I don’t think; If there were, I could give you a referral—”

“No,” Lucy said, shaking her head emphatically. She rearranged herself, so she could lean against Veronica’s kitchen table, and put part of her weight on it. Veronica shifted to mirror her, so they were facing each other, and Veronica’s back was against her fridge door. “I just want trance for trance’s sake—I don’t want you to do anything to me, or do any work with me, I just want you to put me into trance…”

Veronica raised an eyebrow at her friend. “Trance is a tool, Lucy. You use it to accomplish something, not—not—” She trailed off, crossing her arms again. “That would be like picking up a hammer but… just holding it.” She looked at her friend quizzically. “Is there any reason… I mean, why do you want this so much?”

“It just looked… peaceful,” Lucy admitted, gripping the table with her hands. “And since we’re friends and you know how… have you really never hypnotized anyone besides clients?”

Veronica shook her head. “No, I haven’t. It wouldn’t be ethical.”

“Just… once?” Lucy asked. “Just once to see what it’s like. I keep thinking about what I saw the other day… I’d really like to see what it feels like.”

Veronica dropped her arms to her sides, with one last sigh. “I suppose… If I’m just putting you into trance so you can see what it feels like—but I absolutely won’t… I won’t be implanting any commands, or setting up programs, you understand.”

“Fine, great.” Lucy said, showing her palms. “Can we do this now, or…?”

Veronica swallowed. “No. I think it would be better if I have some time to prepare. I want to make sure I’m not crossing any lines here. So give me a week, and we’ll do it then. Okay?”

Lucy felt a light blush burning in her cheeks. Veronica’s collected demeanor did that to her. She always felt like the one who was overeager, rushing into things. And she felt a little embarrassed to have pushed so hard. “Alright,” she said, moving away from the table back to standing. “A week.”

II

Unlike most weeks, Lucy did not see much of Veronica. She could admit the reason to herself—she still felt a little embarrassed. She’d made it clear she really, really wanted this, and she’d practically begged one of her best friends to do it to her. Clearly Veronica had been a little uncomfortable.

Keeping her space felt safer, but it also felt weird. Veronica was a staple in her life—she had a key to her house, Veronica had a key to Lucy’s, and they both left their back doors unlocked when they were home at night. Sometimes they only saw each other for 5 minutes in an evening, and sometimes they saw each other for 2 or 3 hours, but in half-hour intervals spread out throughout the night, and sometimes they spent the entire evening together at one of their houses, and sometimes they spent the entire evening together, spread out between their two houses.

It was rare that they did not see each other at all. The only exceptions were if one or the other were out of town on a trip, or working late. Even when they had visitors over, or held parties at one of their respective houses, the other would stop in to say hi. Each of their friends had learned long ago that a visit to one of them probably meant the other would make an appearance, at least for a few minutes. So no Veronica for an entire week felt… wrong.

For one thing, it made the week drag by. Multiple things seemed to happen each day that Lucy wanted to tell Veronica about. Telling her other friends was fine, and she usually did it anyway, but telling Veronica as well always felt a bit more special.

But at last, the week was up, and so, still a little embarrassed and feeling a little weird, Lucy crossed her backyard to Veronica’s door.

III

“Lucy, good to see you,” Veronica said, with her warm, friendly smile. She pulled Lucy into a hug, as if she had been missing her too.

“Good to see you,” Lucy echoed. The awkwardness of their early conversation seemed to be gone, for the moment anyway. The two women pulled apart, and Lucy gave Veronica a small smile.

“I was just going to call you… so your timing is good. I’m ready if you are.”

Lucy nodded, ignoring her nerves. Maybe part of her hadn’t really believed it would get this far—maybe she’d thought that Veronica really would never agree to it. But now that it was about to happen, she felt a bit freaked out. She tried to swallow the lump in her throat, and maintain her smile. “I’m ready.”

She followed Veronica through the kitchen, and through the familiar surroundings of her house. They passed the living room, and went down the half-staircase to the landing. They passed the room that Veronica used as her office, to Lucy’s surprise, instead stepping into Veronica’s second living room. It was a room that she hadn’t known what to do with when she’d moved in, as she’d already had a bedroom and a guest bedroom, so finally she’d put a few love-seats and paintings in, and called it a day. She rarely ever used it, except for when hosting a party. But this time, once Lucy had followed her in, she shut the door.

“Alright, Lucy,” Veronica said, a note of seriousness in her voice. “I’m going to tell you first that… I’ve decided I’m going to record our… our… this.” Veronica settled on, finally.

Reading the look of confusion on Lucy’s face, she went on. “I need to be held accountable, even— especially—when using hypnosis in my personal life. So I’m going to record this, and I want you to listen to it—just once. If there is anything that makes you uncomfortable when you hear it played back… please tell me. Hold me accountable… that’s the only way I’ll feel comfortable doing this.”

“Okay,” Lucy said. She’d always known Veronica was a highly ethical person, but seeing the level of concern she had about this situation was revealing this to her in a new light.

“I’m going to give you the recording when you go—I won’t edit, or otherwise tamper, or even listen to it before I give it to you—”

“That’s fine, Veronica,” Lucy said, affecting her most reassuring tone of voice. Clearly she wasn’t the only one who felt a little out of her depth. “I trust you.”

Veronica gave Lucy a smile. She relaxed where she stood, some of the tension easing out of her shoulders. “Thanks. But I’m serious—if there’s anything that you feel is remotely unethical—you’ll have the recording, you can submit it to my licensing board, they can take my license away and—”

“Veronica,” Lucy said, putting a hand on Veronica’s arm. “Enough. I appreciate how seriously you’re taking this, but… you’re one of my best friends. I trust you completely.”

She did. Saying it out loud made her feel a little better. But the source of her nerves had never been Veronica—she was afraid that the awkwardness she’d felt for the last week would drive them apart, or Veronica would feel uncomfortable and call it off. Or that she’d feel embarrassed again, like when she’d first asked her. She was not the least bit afraid that Veronica would in some way betray her. The thought seemed impossible to her.

“Alright,” Veronica said, taking in a slow breath. “I’m pressing record now.”

Veronica reached down, and pressed the record button. It looked like a little CD recorder; recording directly to the CD with no computer interface. Lucy wondered if Veronica had bought it specifically—one more way of keeping herself in line with her ethical code?

“The first thing I usually do is ask the person to make themselves comfortable,” Veronica said, taking another slow breath. “Usually, in my office, that just means sitting or lying on my one couch. But obviously, in this room, you have quite a few more choices—” She said, with a gesture towards the three loveseats around them.

Lucy considered her three options, but on impulse chose the floor instead. This room had a thick, soft, fibrous carpet that Lucy had always wanted to walk barefoot in. At last, she had her chance.

Veronica looked taken aback at Lucy’s choice, as she lowered herself to the floor in the center of the room, but didn’t comment. She said nothing as Lucy sat herself down, and removed her shoes and socks. Lucy lay down then, pressing her feet into the rug and keeping her knees bent at an angle. The rug was thick enough that it almost felt like lying in grass; except it was much softer. It felt so delicate under her feet, and the places where the fabric brushed her skin just made her want to roll around in it. But she’d made Veronica uncomfortable enough. She settled into position, lying on her back and looking up at the white ceiling where the fading sunlight streaked in through the window. She drew in a deep breath. “I’m comfortable.”

There was rustling as Veronica sat herself on the loveseat against the right wall. If Lucy turned her head, she would be able to see her, but she was feeling self-conscious, and on display. If she looked at Veronica, she’d be too anxious to go through with this. She kept her eyes on the ceiling.

“I know you might be feeling a little bit awkward right now,” Veronica said, her tone light. “It wasn’t easy to ask me for this—and it wasn’t easy for me to agree and to make these arrangements. But we both agreed to do this, and so there’s nothing to feel awkward about anymore. And if you’re feeling awkward being the center of attention in the room, you don’t need to. I’m not judging you, or thinking of you as less.”

Lucy didn’t know if she was only saying this to make her feel better, but she didn’t really care if it was true or not, because it did have a comforting effect on her. She’d been wondering if lying in the middle floor had been a mistake, but Veronica’s comment had assuaged that anxiety.

“There’s nothing inherently weird about doing this,” Veronica went on, her voice even. “We’re just two friends… I have an ability, I have a certain technique I can do, if you will… and I’m just showing it to you because you’re curious… there’s nothing shameful, or weird about it. You were curious, so I’m showing you. It doesn’t need to be any more complicated than that.”

“Right,” Lucy said, keeping her eyes on the ceiling. “Should I be talking more, or…? Or should I be looking somewhere else…?”

“No pressure,” came Veronica’s reply. “Just do whatever makes you feel comfortable. I’m not expecting anything of you. You might not even be able to go into trance… a lot of my clients take a few sessions to achieve it. And if you can’t that’s fine too. Don’t put expectations on yourself… just be.”

“Just be…” Lucy repeated. She spread her legs all the way out, so she could feel the carpet on the backs and sides of her calves, and closed her eyes. She felt less nervous if her eyes were closed.

“Good choice,” Veronica said. “You don’t need to do anything… this doesn’t have to be the way you’ve imagined it… if you’ve imagined it. Just… let your mind wander.”

Lucy exhaled. She’d never been great at clearing her mind, but she was pretty good at thinking a jumble of meandering thoughts that lacked focus. Wandering sounded doable.

“You’re curious about slipping into trance,” Veronica spoke, her voice soft and tender. “Maybe… if it feels right, just think about that curiosity for a second.”

She thought about it. It rose to the forefront of her mind. She could taste how badly she’d wanted to know, when she’d seen. She felt the weight of those three nights when she’d lain awake in bed, before she’d asked, wondering what it would be like… wondering if she would ever find out.

“If you can… if you want to… you can transition from thinking about that, to feeling it. If you went into trance, what would it feel like? What would it be like, to be entranced? What would that experience mean to you?”

“It would feel like being at peace…” Lucy answered, even though she was pretty sure the questions were hypothetical. “When I saw your client the other day… she looked calmer than I’ve ever felt, and she looked like she was very far away… like she’d stepped into some distant, mysterious space of absolute tranquility and deep relaxation… it looked magical.”

Veronica was silent for a moment, and the only sound in the room was Lucy’s breathing. Lucy trailed on, unprompted. “She looked like she was at rest, like she felt completely safe, and free… to let go of everything. Even herself…”

“And you’re curious to know what that feels like?” Veronica asked, her voice thick. “Would you like to let go of yourself for a little while?”

Lucy focused very intently on her breathing. She shared most things with Veronica—Veronica knew many of her deepest secrets. But admitting this felt different; a part of her very much wanted to, but there was something deeply private and personal about this desire—she’d barely been aware of it herself, before. Now she felt it so painfully, so intensely that it made her feel very small, and shy.

“I want to let go of myself for awhile,” Lucy admitted, her voice slightly shaky. She felt naked on the carpet—as if Veronica could see much more than she meant to show her. She rarely felt vulnerable in this way; she couldn’t remember ever feeling this exposed, least of all with Veronica.

“If that’s something you’d like to experience, you can experience that,” Veronica said, her voice perfectly even again. “It’s important to be able to admit these kinds of things to yourself. And remember—you’re the one who has the power to let go or hold on. It’s your choice, and if it’s too much, you can grab back on again.”

“I want to let go of myself for awhile,” Lucy repeated, a little more confident this time.

“Picture that feeling,” Veronica instructed. “That feeling of freedom from self, for just a short burst… I want you to tell me when you can taste it.”

Lucy pictured. She’d never been one much for escapism, and hadn’t ever seen the appeal until she’d seen it written on that client’s face. She pictured it now. She went back to her memory, imagined watching the woman again, the look in her eyes, the perfect calm in her face. She replayed it again and again, ignoring the curiosity, focusing on the feeling of stillness behind it. She focused on it until the memory faded, until she was just holding the feeling, and then focused on the feeling some more, holding on to it as it grew more and more potent.

“I can taste it,” she spoke, after a long silence. The feeling had swelled up to fill most of her. It was thick on her tongue.

“Then I want you to savor it,” Veronica said. “Stew in it. Focus on it. Does it feel like you thought it would? Does it feel different?”

Veronica’s voice sounded far away now. She felt as if she was losing grip on her body. Time was warping in the room, and still she felt calm, and in control. At peace. The feeling was quiet, the lack of a sound, but it filled her, and the more she felt it, the farther away her body seemed from her. The farther away the room seemed. The farther away Veronica seemed.

“Now, ask yourself if you want to let go completely. You can drop the line that connects you to this room and to me, if you feel safe to do so. If you don’t, that’s okay too. Letting go completely will send you fully into trance—but you’re already partially in trance. It’s just a spectrum… more or less entranced… do you feel like more or is what you already have enough?”

Lucy was hearing the words with a focus she’d never known before. As if they were reaching the very center of her mind, and grabbing hold of her attention. They were large in the strange empty space she found herself occupying.

“I want more,” she breathed. “I want to let go completely.” Speaking was difficult—sending the words back out over a great abyss.

“Then let go,” Veronica said, quietly. “Drop your awareness of this room, and me, and even your body, if you want. Just… leave it behind.”

Lucy was surprised by how easy it was. She must have been further into trance than she’d been aware of. All that knowledge just melted off her, dissolving into nothingness. There was no action required from her—it just happened. She was empty, a vase filled only with sunlight. She had no responsibilities. No name. No memories of her life before, no sense of time, or place. It was like becoming stardust… celestial nothingness, drifting through eternity…

I’m in a trance… she thought, experimentally. The words were almost meaningless to her. What did stardust need language for? How could identity, or awareness, or thought exist, when this feeling existed? This feeling was loud and quiet enough to overshadow all of those things… she could just drift through empty space, falling through endless voids, a collection of nothingness. If nothingness fell through an endless void… did any motion take place, or did the air just stand still? The inherent contradiction of the way she felt only made her feel it more powerfully.

She stayed like that for a long time—nothing. Blank, and eternal. After a very long time, she remembered Veronica telling her that she could grab back on whenever she wanted to. She remembered that somewhere, outside this feeling, her body, and her life, and her identity were waiting for her.

As she was experiencing maybe the most transcendental moment of her existence, she was still only lying on a carpet in front of her friend. Veronica was seeing her experience this—whatever that looked like. Seeing her, like she’d seen Veronica’s client. Veronica was seeing her at her most bare, her most fundamental. She felt that chill of nakedness, that shiver at the thought of being seen like this. She knew Veronica would never abuse it… but it still made her shiver to think about.

The concept of the room, of herself was tangible to her again. She need only to reach out and take it back…

With a sigh, she slipped back into awareness. The rug surrounding her, the deep, even sound of her own breathing. The sense of Veronica’s body sitting on the loveseat, above her.

“Okay,” she said, her voice small and quiet. It sounded too loud to her own ears, shaking worse than before. Was she going to break into tears? Was she that emotional after…? (were there even words for it?) She felt brittle, fragile.

“Take as long as you need,” Veronica encouraged, her voice low and soothing. “You were amazing.”

After lying quietly for another moment, Lucy swallowed, and sat up. She felt a bit dizzy, like she might go down again, but Veronica reached out a hand to her, helping her up onto the loveseat.

“I feel hung over,” She confessed, pressing a hand to her forehead, and squinting. Time had passed—the fading sunlight had switched out for dim moonlight, and Veronica had, at some point, stood up to turn on the lamps.

“You sank into it pretty deeply,” Veronica noted in agreement. She turned, picking up the recorder from the end table beside her.

“I’m ending the recording now,” She explained, hitting the stop button. The recorder whirred, and popped open, revealing the CD.

She felt that strange insecurity again—a clingy, needy feeling that was foreign to her. “Do you…,” Lucy started, unsure how to even ask her question. “When you hypnotize your patients, is it like… that?”

“No,” Veronica laughed. “I’ve never seen anything like that. I just get them really relaxed so we can follow the treatment we’ve agreed on… just enough so that they’re detached from whatever thoughts and beliefs are giving them trouble. Detached enough that they can see they are separate from them, and work on them. That was…” Veronica trailed off.

“When you induce them… it’s not like that?” Lucy asked.

Veronica shook her head. “I’m much more authoritative, usually. But I didn’t think it was my place to give you directions, since I don’t have any authority over you. I wouldn’t have felt comfortable treating you like a patient. You’re a friend.”

“Well… thank you for giving me that experience…” Lucy said, uncertainly.

Veronica shrugged. “Trance is ultimately just a self-created mental state… you created something really beautiful for yourself. I was just a facilitator for your own imagination.”

Lucy thanked her again, feeling a little too raw around the edges to stay and visit with Veronica as normal. She took the CD, and went home.

That night she dreamed of stardust… and whatever it meant that Veronica, the staple in her life, could watch her reduce herself to non-existence and not judge her for it… she drifted through the void again in her sleep, falling through the paradox again and again.

* * *