The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

The Diner

By Milo Minderbinder

As he speeds down I-70, James Fletcher’s stomach rumbles. He checks the time, almost nine p.m. Two more hours to Columbus where he has an early morning sales call. But he’s got to eat something now. At the exit he eases his metallic blue Audi off the interstate and down the ramp.

At the traffic light, James observes the blue highway services sign, studded with logos. McDonald’s, Subway, Arby’s, and Chick-fil-A are all to the left. To the right 1.1 miles is The Buckeye Diner. His stomach grumbles again. Sick of chains and fast food, James turns right. Two minutes later he pulls into the mostly empty parking lot of the shiny silver diner.

James enters and is greeted by a stanchion inviting him to “Seat Yourself.” He grabs an empty booth that looks out over the road. A tired waitress mumbles “Hello,” fills his coffee cup, and drops off a menu.

He studies his options and contemplates the bacon cheeseburger. His mouth begins to water.

“They have a pretty good tuna melt,” says a sultry voice.

James lowers the menu. A model-pretty, blonde is across from him. He’s not sure how she got there without him noticing.

“Can I help you?” asks James.

The blonde raises an eyebrow. “You tell me.”

James shakes his head. “Look, I don’t mean to be rude, lady, b—”

“Sapphire Rain.”

“What?” says James.

She stares at him, a slight hint of curiosity in her blue eyes, like an entomologist studying a new bug. “My name”—she pauses for emphasis—“is Sapphire Rain.”

Fletcher finds himself staring back into those blue eyes. They’re a deep blue, like a cool lake on a hot summer day. With a modicum of effort, he breaks eye contact. “That’s an unusual name, but nevertheless, it’s late. I really need to eat and get going. And I’d appreciate some alone time.”

Sapphire doesn’t move. She smiles at him, like she knows a secret. She produces a crystal pendant and swings it back and forth.

James eyes follow the swaying crystal. He can hear Sapphire talking, but can’t make out the words. Her voice is soft, relaxing. He could listen to her voice forever. He focuses on the crystal to the exclusion of everything else.

There’s a loud crash in the kitchen. The noise jolts James from his trance. He’s not sure what’s happening, but is aware enough to know that Sapphire is up to something. “I don’t want to cause a scene, but I think you should lea—”

Sapphire snaps her fingers and says, “Fast forward.”

* * *

Fletcher stares at his plate: tuna melt and french fries. Didn’t he order the bacon cheeseburger? He searches his memory. He remembers thinking about the bacon cheeseburger, but can’t actually recall giving his order to the waitress. His glass is half-full with what looks like Sprite or 7-Up. He hates lemon-lime; he always orders root beer.

A feminine giggle from across the table, causes him to raise his head.

“Sapphire Rain.”

She nods. “It’s good that you remember my name. Anything else?”

Fletcher wonders if he’s just tired, or if something else is going on. “I didn’t order this. I wanted a burger.”

“Are you sure?” says Sapphire. “Memory is tricky thing. Malleable in the right hands.”

“I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t ord—”

Sapphire snaps her fingers again. “Freeze,” she commands.

Fletcher can’t move. His eyes continue to blink. His heart beats. His lungs inhale and exhale air. But while his body continues to function, his mind is frozen by Sapphire’s power. He is unaware of his current predicament or the passage of time.

Sapphire reaches across the table, gold and silver bracelets jangling on her wrist, grabs a french fry off Fletcher’s plate, and pops it in her mouth. She frowns. “Needs salt.” She takes the salt shaker and sprinkles the fries. She eats another one and smiles. “Much better.”

Sapphire giggles. “I better stop before I eat all of them.” She snaps her fingers. “Resume.”

Fletcher can move now. In a flash he’s out of his seat, and running down the aisle.

Three snaps of the fingers this time. “Pause!” shouts Sapphire.

James is stopped mid-stride in the aisle, but unlike the “Freeze” command, his mind is active. He’s consciously aware of what’s happening.

The sound of clicking heels echoes in the empty diner as Sapphire makes her way down the aisle. She leans close to James, her hot breath on his cheek. “Leaving the table without being excused isn’t very polite,” she whispers in his ear. “I won’t tolerate rudeness.”

James struggles with all his might, but his body won’t respond. He can’t move. He can’t scream. He can’t reply.

Sapphire snaps her fingers again. “Rewind!”

* * *

James is sitting in the booth across from Sapphire Rain. She’s dangling her pendant before his eyes. A little voice in his head warns him to look away, but it’s too late. He’s watching the pendant back sway back and forth and Sapphire’s soothing words lull his mind.

“You’re feeling very sleepy...

“Not safe to drive...

“You’re better off here...

“Where you can just close your eyes...

“Curl up into a ball...

“And drift off...

“Doesn’t that sound wonderful...”

James nods his head slowly.

“Good boy...

“You’re doing so well...

“Listening to my words...

“Watching my pendant...

“Obeying my suggestions...

“But you’re just so sleepy...

“Eyelids so heavy...

“Go ahead and close them...

“As I count down to zero...

“And drop you into the deepest...

“Dreamiest...

“Sleepiest...

“Trance ever...

“Five...

“Four...

“Three...

“Two...

“One...

“Zero! Deep! Sleep! Now!” She snaps her fingers, over and over. A dozen. Two dozen. Three dozen times.

Sapphire leans forward, lowers her voice an octave and whispers. The words echo in James’ empty mind like thunderclaps.

“Now I’m talking directly to your subconscious...

“And your subconscious loves to obey me...

“Nothing more important than doing what Sapphire says...

“And making me happy...

“Isn’t that right?”

“Yessss,” James slurs.

“Thought so.” Sapphire giggles.

“That’s a pretty nice car you’re driving. You must be very successful at your job. And I bet you want to share that success with me, don’t you?”

“Yessss.”

“And how will you do that, James?

“How will you prove your devotion and adoration to me?

“Think about that...

“Let it settle in your mind...

“Deep in your subconscious...

“Like a little seed being planted...

“Growing into a vine...

“Wrapping and encircling your mind...

“Binding you to my will...

“Think about all the ways you can make me happy...

“And all the ways you can share your success with me...

“You’re obsessed with pleasing me...

“You adore me so much...

“You’re so in love with me...

“You’ll do anything for me...

“And now waking up on the count of five...

“And when I reach five, you’ll be wide awake...

“Ready to please me...

“Eager to prove your devotion to me...

“One... First going a little bit deeper...

“Two... Now starting to come up...

“Three... Half way there...

“Four... Eyes fluttering open...

“Five... Wide awake!” Sapphire snaps her fingers twice.

James jolts awake in his seat. He looks across the table at Sapphire. She is so lovely. His heart pounds in his chest. He is consumed with desire. “S—Sapphire...”

“Yes?” She smiles knowingly.

“I adore you.”

“And?”

“I love you.”

She frowns. “That’s all very nice, James. But actions speak louder than words. Show me how much you love me.”

“S-Show?” His hands shake. What can he do to prove his love for her? Money? His heart skips a beat. Handing over his wallet seems so wrong, but somehow exciting. The more he tries to banish the idea, the more it takes center stage in his mind. He knows he shouldn’t, but he can’t help himself. He’s not in control. His desire, his obsession with pleasing Sapphire overrules all common sense. With fumbling hands, he reaches into his coat pocket and retrieves his wallet.

She raises an eyebrow. “Yes, James? Do you want to give that to me?”

He’s so overwhelmed with emotion, torn between desire to please her and fear of what’s happening to him that he can’t speak. He can only nod.

“Perfect!” She snatches the wallet out of his hand and inspects the contents. She finds over five hundred dollars, two MasterCards, a platinum AmEx, and a gift card to Buffalo Wild Wings. “How much is left on this?” she asks holding up the gift card.

“Maybe, twenty dollars.”

Sapphire shrugs. “Why not?” She stuffs the gift card and the rest of her haul into her purse.

James moans with delight as he realizes what just happened.

“Did that feel good, James? Did you like being compelled to hand over your wallet?”

He nods.

“I bet.” Sapphire laughs. “And I bet you’d like to do it all over again wouldn’t you?”

“Yes, please,” he says in a small voice.

“But you can’t. Because I already have it all. But we can keep playing this game. Google me: Her Royal Highness Princess Sapphire Rain. We can have lots more fun and you can send me lots more cash!” She rises to leave.

“Please don’t go! I love you, Sapphire!”

She looks at him with sad eyes. “I know, but as I’ve explained you’re of no further use to me at this moment. Get some more money and then you can contact me, and the fun will begin again.

James starts to rise from his seat.

Sapphire snaps her fingers. “Stuck!”

James wrestles to get out his seat, but he can’t. It’s as if he’s held in place by the world’s most powerful adhesive. “Please don’t leave me, Sapphire.”

She laughs. “There’s something so hot and rewarding about taking men’s money.” She leans close, snaps her fingers and whispers in his ear. “Fast Forward.”

* * *

James sits before an empty plate and looks sheepishly at the waitress. “I seem to have misplaced my wallet, but I assure you I’ll send payment once I get home.”

The waitress shakes her head and yells to the kitchen, “Hey, Charlie. Sapphire got another one. You need someone to wash dishes?”

THE END