The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Draconia or the End of Reason

Chapter 11 — The Dissent of Man

* * *

Previously on The Lost Angels:

Janet and Lilith, weakened by the Aspect of Pride, were seduced by pick-up artists and led deep into the Nightmare-infested Hollywood. Able to rescue only one of them, Kimberley chose to rescue Janet, her own counterpart being not much else than a sex slave anyway. To do so, she dove into the Studios, a maze of interlocking layers where famous movies and series are reenacted. After going through Mullholland Drive, Twin Peaks and Dark City, the vampire got the secret agent out...only to be confronted by Flora.

After a strange outburst, Kim defeated the Changeling by draining her blood. They were out of the Studios, free to pursue their mission of rescuing the babysitter to Ryûjin’s daughter. But Kim was now a true vampire...

* * *

Orchid was biting her lower lip as she followed the now fully awakened vampire. They had made it out of the Studios, but Kim was now as far as the kind and gentle Lilith as she could be. She still looked like a cute teenager girl, but that was it. Lilith had been dainty and graceful, walking in small steps with arms behind her back. Kim walked down Hollywood Boulevard clenching her fists, glaring at anyone who dared looking at her. Three blood red eyes exuding such hatred even Orchid felt uncomfortable. Kim looked brutal, fearsome...almost feral. She seemed much closer to a werewolf than a vampire.

In context, though, that wasn’t such a bad thing. Orchid kept looking around her. The people frequenting the world-famous boulevard looked more and more monstrous with every star on the pavement Kim and her strode past. There were the usual flavor of Changeling, namely ogres, elementals and beast men...But this was a place of popular culture. The international temple of fictional worship. Nightmare twisted the human nature in many ways, but only on Hollywood Boulevard was it normal to have twelve Spider-Men around.

And Hulks. And Supermen. There were even a Rocket Racoon or two. Nothing surprising in Hollywood’s dreamscape, but Janet just couldn’t accept the local Changelings to pick the superhero genre instead of the clearly superior 80’s action flick.

“Kim? Please tell me the Nightmare doesn’t let these unimaginative fucks have the canon powers.”

“Ha ha, don’t worry, it doesn’t. Dreamshaping depends on willpower and focus, not on coming up with the best power.”

Good.

The street itself was beautiful, even though The Walk of Fame didn’t need the Dreamscape to be a wonder built to the glory of entertainment. A wild hard rock tune came from a café crowded with changelings. A luxury clothing shop enticed the onlookers with gorgeous dresses moving by themselves. This oddity aside, the Nightmare hadn’t radically changed the place, it had merely made the cosplay and billboards look better. Indeed, Janet looked at the iconic Drew Strusan Indiana Jones poster lost in a sea of contemporary drivel and saw young Harrison Ford wink at her. To her dismay, she couldn’t help but be aroused.

The black woman stopped dead in her tracks and looked straight down, hand over her mouth. She had been able to keep her new body’s desires in check, but just one look from a dreamboat—not even a brother, goddamit—and she felt on fire. She closed her eyes and tried to think of her boyfriend, her big, sexy...hard Shane. It didn’t placate the quivering in her crotch, but at least it served to make it somewhat legitimate...Until she heard a woman crying in the throes of pleasure.

To her left, some distance ahead, a Neo impersonator had started ravishing a woman right there on the pavement. Their movements were wild, erratic, as if they could barely control themselves. The man was thrusting in full force without so much as a “woah”, leaving the punk succubus below her to let it all out, effectively turning the whole street into a porno set. The cries of a woman in lust were powerful enough, but the succubus went above and beyond, her lewd moans dripping with shameless pleasure. Orchid’s breath quickened and she came to envision herself in her place, her vegetal clothing matching the frayed black shirt and miniskirt, her flowery snatch telling her to stop thinking and start cumming until nothing is left like a good little airhead slut.

Her body started sprouting hibiscus flowers. She sensed Flora and the Queen of Lust rapidly taking over her. This was bad, she realized. She had to go inside the viper’s nest to gain Ry�jin’s favor and protection; but it was making the programming too strong. She needed a distraction, hold onto who she was...But she couldn’t stop staring at the luscious, fuckable little slut getting plowed. She wanted to be like her. She wanted to be her, right away!

But then, a sharp realization came from the analytical part of her mind. The flowers morphed back into leaves and a familiar sense of calm and focus washed over her. Janet knew the succubus...It was the bunny woman from the airport!

Or rather, had been. Janet resumed walking, examining the moaning slut. Yes. All her bunny traits had been converted into those of a sex demoness, but there was no doubt it was her. Same punk outfit, same tribal tattoos...her rabbit ears had simply become horns, her puffy round tail a demonic one, and her skin had turned red. That’s what falling all the way into the Aspect’s embrace looked like.

“Hey, you alright?” Inquired Kim. “It looked like the air got to you a moment ago.”

Janet looked at her. Despite the public sex unfolding mere meters from her, the vampire looked completely unfazed.

“Yeah, it nearly did...”

“Can’t blame you, we’re in Pearl’s front yard now.”

She pointed ahead. Indeed, Janet could see a familiar stone arch, once of a drab sand color, but now covered in erotic imagery. Here they were. The epicenter of LA’s Nightmare. The viper’s nest. The world-famous Dolby Theatre...as remade into the Heart of Sin. Just standing in front of the arch made Orchid realize this was no hyperbole. Even at this distance, she felt the building beckon her. Sweet-smelling flowers grew at her feet, cries of pleasure echoed in the distance. Once again, she felt her libido flare up, her mind drift off to all the delights Mistress could bring her. She felt the drive to move forward and shed her clothing and only avoided acting on it by slapping herself.

And Orchid clearly wasn’t the only one to be affected. A tall, handsome man with an impressively lush mane of crimson hair strode past Kim and her, carrying a woman. They were making out, much more tastefully than Neo and the succubus but with no less passion.

“Oooh my Love...” Purred the woman, a crystal-skinned, gold haired trophy wife. “Keep going, it’s so gooood ohmigaaawd...”

“Yeah...Everything is so...intense when you’re this close...”

The theatre didn’t mind their intrusion one bit. In fact, it welcomed them in enchanting fashion by creating a new door at the entrance. It opened by itself, revealing a nice love hotel room, enhanced with an indoors park with fountains and a horticultural garden.

“Wow, it really did open! Should we go in, Leana?”

“Oh yes! Yes my love, it looks fantastic and oooooh I already feel like I’m cumming oooh this is so amazing...!”

Orchid gulped. The Dreamscape’s weave was so powerful she couldn’t even create a spark...Yet it didn’t feel oppressive. Was this a trap? 0r did the Aspect’s iron grip on her domain have genuine care and empathy to it? Whatever the case, the couple graciously accepted the invitation, and disappeared into the Heart of Sin.

“Kim...” Orchid confessed, “This is way too dangerous. That damn building is a giant venus trap. I think I might take my chances pissing off Ry�jin after all.”

“Oh, bullshit.” Snarled the thuggish girl. “You’re a genius at the Dreamscape and you have a clear goal to focus on! Why are you letting this get to you?”

“Why?! Look around you! The air is so full of sex those two are using it as free porn! There’s a street orgy on another layer! This is the genuine article, Kim! Reality has completely left the building! This is a pure, unfiltered wet dream come to life!”

“So?”

The vampire looked at her smugly, arms crossed, before pointing at her spriggan body.

“Heh heh heh...Look at you! Thorns! The badass one’s back! I don’t give a shit how powerful Pearl is. She pretty much just focused her mind enough to find the cheat code, what’s preventing us from doing the same?”

“I don’t know, her being the friggin’ Aspect of Lust?!”

“Goddammit, Janet, this is a dimension of pure mind! Titles only have the power you let them have! God knows I’m aware of Pearl’s power, but she ain’t screaming “THE WORLD” and exterminating a whole street anytime soon! She can harden the weave and prevent Dreamshaping, sure, but the only actual danger she poses is persuading you! As long as we say fuck that, we’ll always be ahead of her!”

“The only actual danger? She can turn people instantly, you reckless idiot!”

“She can turn numskulls instantly! We are survivors!”

Orchid was ready to concede that at least. After all, she wasn’t going in the lion’s den for a Japanese dictator without at least a bit of self-confidence. She just couldn’t believe Kim was able to brush off the insidious corruption that easily...

“I just know I am tired and bored with her bullshit.” Continued Kim, shedding some insight into her composure. “Pearl’s just a sad and needy lesbian who can’t get over being dumped so hard, she manipulated the whole of Lost Angels to get me back. How can you get any more punchable? If God himself pulled some bullshit like that, you’d best believe I’d go kick his ass! Now, are you going to fucking live up to your promises, Agent Campbell, or do have to do this myself?!”

The good news was, Orchid was starting to get really irritated by the vampire’s attitude, enough to be called Janet again. The bad news was, they were both too busy staring at each other’s stupid face to notice curtains falling around them.

“I may be somewhat reckless but this is some bravado right there, Miss Kimberley Tamiyama! You know why you shouldn’t go in there? Because that’s the endgame of every single fucking thing your ex has done until that point! She wants to win you back, and seeing how she’s seduction itself, what the fuck makes you think she won’t?!”

“I don’t know, an entire history of human relationships? When it’s over, it’s over!”

Janet was about to retort when...

“Ah, but this is a new history, my love...”

The aspects voice.

“...In a grand new world.”

Heavy doors slammed shut behind them. Around them, instead of the bustling street, were golden walls adorned with crimson curtains and statues of people in the throes of passion. The hall was surmounted by a balcony on which the Aspect was standing. In their bickering, they failed to notice the Heart had built itself around them. The dozens of monstrous Changelings around them certainly did.

“Well, at least now I can pitch straight into kicking your ass.” Spat Kimberley.

“Oh yes! By all means!” Exulted the Changeling Duchess. “It’s high time I saw my wildcat again! Nikeratos!”

A man came out of the crowd. Two-dimensional and literally black skinned, he looked like he walked straight out of an amphora painting.

“Yes my Lady?”

“Capture the...how did they say it in Ancient Greece? Ethiopian!”

“At once!”

The 2D hoplite leapt on Janet with a thundering war cry. Part of Janet got dewey thoughts at his bulging six-pack, but being thrown straight inside the viper’s nest had an invigorating effect on her resolve. She assumed a fighting stance, preparing her dodge...when her attacker was suddenly yanked to the side right in mid-air.

“Who the fuck do you think you’re fighting, faggot?!”

The warrior managed to land on his feet, but grunted as he saw his left arm ensnared in some sort of red rope. He looked to his Lady’s former lover, only to see the ropes were coming out of her wrists. She was baring her fangs with a predatory grin.

“I see you’re letting me use my Dreamshaping here, Pearl.”

“Of course...” Purred the Aspect, letting her huge cleavage hang over the balcony’s ramp. “Why would I ever want to stop such a...unique art?”

“Are you shaping your own veins, creature?!” Bellowed the greek warrior, echoing Janet’s disgusted observations.

“Oh, I can do much more...especially if I have a recharge!”

Kim clenched her fist, and Nikeratos felt pricks where the veins had latched onto. Blood started to flow into them. Thinking on his feet, the hoplite drew a xiphos, a double-edged sword, and easily slashed the gruesome blood vessels. To his surprise, Kim only chuckled.

“Like I would even fucking come up with this kind of attack without knowing the obvious counter, you idiotos!”

She retracted the cut veins into her body, but the other halves were still attached to Nikeratos’ ebony arm. With a hiss, they came to life.

“What?!”

The vessels closed, and started sucking his blood again, this time swelling like ghastly red ticks. Shocked, the warrior scrambled to find a solution that wouldn’t involve cutting his own arm, but the...things worked hard and fast. Not five seconds had passed that they were already as big as bananas. The greek felt dizzy, and he barely reacted when Kim sent another set of rope veins to tear them off his arm. They flew through the air, right into the vampire’s hands.

“Thanks for the donation, sucker!”

She then squashed the blood ballons, making them explode in a shower of blood. It was not a wasteful move—at this distance, Kim could freely control blood. She compelled the vitae inside her open skin, grinning like a maniac as her three red eyes started glowing.

“It’s got less mileage than the bite, but it’ll do...”

Unrelented, she clenched her fist, preparing another attack. The black-figure man raised a large round shield, ready for the blow. But, free to Dreamshape by the Aspect’s will, Kim cunningly thought out of the box. She used the extremely malleable reality to create a portal right behind her, leading another part of the building. Kim adressed her crazed, glowing red gaze to the transfixed secret agent.

“Quick, go through it! Find that fucking Oni or whatever, and don’t give in to the sex!” She then turned around to face her dozens of opponents and bared her fangs. “I’m going to bleed this Heart dry!”

* * *

Bastian pours me some more orange juice, even though I’m nearly full. He looks kind of pale.

“What’s wrong, squeamish about blood?”

“...You might say that, Madam.”

“Oh. Well...I’m sorry because Kim’s special brand of Dreamshaping gets pretty fucked up.”

“You mean more than...?”

“More than the leeching vein fragments, yeah.”

“Wonderful.”

He leans on the table and catches his breath, pinching his nose.

“It’s alright. I can take it. I think.”

“Oh, alright. So Kim lunged at her wounded opponent, and Janet jumped through the portal without hesi...wait, hold up. You get squeamish at the mention of blood? I thought it was a visual thing.”

“I’m a creature of the Dreamscape, Madam Draconia. Thinking about it and seeing it are one and the same for me.”

“Heh, the more you know. Anyway, the portal closed, leaving Janet in a hallway in what was once an office floor but was now filled with dozens of couples enjoying a nice, hard orgy.”

Bastian stands up again, straightening his suit.

“I suppose it was to be expected.”

“Yeah. But for Janet, it hit like a truck. The super-sensitive body the Aspect had burdened her with finally started to work as intended.”

* * *

The corridor looked no wider than average, yet she walked past four people sucking and licking each other without even needing to sidestep them. Some doors were open, but it seemed unnecessary—there was a balcony projecting from the left wall, not one meter above ground. Two dainty elves were making love against the railing, no doubt to satisfy an exhibitionist itch. Just a few steps further on the right, the wall had retracted into an alcove accomodating a jacuzzi. In it, a big guy with bull horns and striped orange skin was being blown by a mermaid, judging from the happily waggling tail fin above the bubbly surface.

Orchid wanted to find a one-liner, badly. Something about the Academy Awards? Titanic, perhaps? Anything to get rid of the pulse in her loins...The people around her were too attractive, their moans too enticing. Hours of walking in this nymphomaniac flower body hit her and she fell on her knees, dizzy, her senses helplessly focused on the two chiseled men making out in a hammock. Orchid saw two palm trees phasing through each wall. A layer dimension. The loving couple were in the hallway, and on a tropical beach. There was a hard ceiling, yet the sun shone brightly, making her body rustle in longing. She just had to climb into the hammock and she would be bathed in sunlight, in the loving embrace of two men. orchid knew they would accept her. There was no such thing as sexuality in the Heart of Sin. There barely even was any identity.

She tried to focus on something else to shield her melting mind. But what? The Oni? Too faint. Home? Shane? Her father? Hopelessly out of reach. Kimberley’s creepy powers...?

“Yes! Yes! That’s it! That’s a mystery...solve it, Janet. Focus. Focus...”

Had such an abomination really been inside cute dainty Lilith the whole time? Her sharp mind began to create logical connections, fighting against the onslaught of slutty impulses. Such a bloody power could only mean her vampirism came from Kim’s desires after all. She never wanted to be a vampire for the myth itself...it was all about the thirst for blood. Vampire, Werewolf, hell, she could even have assumed the form of a psychotic nurse. What mattered is that Kim had mastery over what she loved most. Yes, that fit Kim being feral and violent in her youth. The satisfaction that came with uncovering the probable truth helped Janet block out the sex around her and focus.

“Alright, alright...” She panted, holding her temples. “The mission now, agent. Find the Oni. Extract. Get in that asshole’s good side and put this all behind. Find the Oni...”

She stood up on wobbly legs and leaned on the wall, following it past the hammock. Once that hurdle cleared, she tried to open her senses, sift through all the layers at play in the heart of Nightmare. Big, red, blue hair, giant club. Hard to miss. She just had to find her amid all these wild sex parties, all these slutty...whores moaning like...like good girls...for the Lady of Lust...

“Oh shit, no, not again...”

Orchid tried to force her mind away from the orgies, continue looking for the Japanese ogre in this multi-dimensional whorehouse, but shifting to another layer proved harder each time. The Aspect’s obedient little whores were so beautiful, and their song so moving. Orchid wanted to sing too...

“Gotta...Gotta get a grip!”

She just couldn’t get anything done as long as her pussy was on fire! She had done her best to deny her new urges up until that moment, but Orchid was now in doubt. Had she just made it worse? Would a good, long, hard fucking clear her mind? Being taken like a slut just once wasn’t going to turn her into a Changeling, was it?

On some level, Janet realized how bad of an idea this was. Giving in to her urges right in the Aspect’s domain would spell her doom for sure...But they were too strong. She was already swaying her hips and fondling her own breasts, her inner denial losing ground against the reality. She wanted to fuck. She was acting like a docile slut and already half thought like one.

The walls of the hallway folded, creating a new room just for the new slut on the block. The carpet transformed into a heart-shaped bed and the wallpaper turned into a flowery hedge. Orchid fell on the bed with a lusty sigh. Soon...soon she would be able to think more clearly. She would be able to save...someone? Or was it serve someone?

A man came through the hedge. A big black man, just like Orchid liked them. His arm was cybernetic, as was part of his face, but the part that interested her was very...meaty.

“Hey, sister!” He greeted with a wink. “I sensed the Dream giving you a layer. Need help settling in?”

“Oh yess...” She moaned, making sure to keep her lips open. “I really need it...”

With a smile, the hunky man walked to her, and stood in front of her, arms crossed.

“Then kneel like a slut and think of your Queen.”

A voice within Orchid’s mind screamed for her to get back to her senses, flee from this trap, silence the obedient thoughts pouring in her mind like a soothing rain. On the other hand, that sounded boring.

“Yes sir.”

* * *

The lobby’s floor was sticky with blood. With a crazed chuckle, Kimberley wondered how many Changelings she had already forced to retreat. More than ten, that was for sure. The Greek guy had proved challenging, but even the toughest Changeling can’t ignore blood loss. And each opponent after him only fueled her growing power. After years of abstinence as Lilith, blood tasted exquisite. Not just to aher tongue—her Dream form had evolved to around her thirst for blood. Her mind felt clearer, her senses sharper, her muscles roaring for action.

“And to think your crazy ass scared me off that feeling...You owe me four years of Dreamscape, Pearl!”

“Oooh? And how is you ditching this power in favor of reality my fault?”

“Oh, fuck off. You tried to drag me into your Aspect madness. You’re a fucking one-woman cult, and you proved today to be a crazy stalker to boot. At fault or not, I need you gone.”

“You wound me. Ah well...Do finish your bloody business here, sweetie. I’ll wait for you in the auditorium.”

The leather-clad succubus dramatically turned around, disappearing from her love’s sight. Kim cracked her fingers and grinned to what remained of the welcome committee.

“Hey, you fucks mind if we wrap this up? This whole one duel at a time thing is getting boring. Go ahead, gangbang me, you fucking homos!”

The eleven children of Nightmare surrounding her were nonplussed. Not because the young woman’s slur had unleashed upon the world an insidious evil they were at a loss to cope with. Rather, how in the possible hell could their wonderful Lady of Lust have fallen for this distasteful fucking thing? It was truly an insult to the paradise of the senses the Aspect had built for the loyal subjects of Queen Draconia. Just seeing Kimberley stand among them was insulting, to say nothing of her actually winning. They had been willing to put their murderous impulse aside while the Aspect was watching, but no more.

As their minds filled with hatred and killing intent, so did their physical forms. A lion man grew a larger jaw and saberteeth, a frail man riddled with disease began to ooze with repugnant sludge, while a demoness changed from succubus to fearsome hellish beast.

“Yes!” Barked Kim. “It ain’t a fight if you don’t go for the eyes!”

United by a single emotion rippling through the Weave and into their beings of pure instinct, all the Changelings jumped on Kim at the exact same time. They attacked from the front, from the back, from the air...from every angle. The most readily apparent threat posed by Changelings were their mastery of the Dreamscape that only the Anchored powers of Conjuration could break through. But one of their most disquieting abilities was that, given a strong enough motive, they could meld into a single, flawlessly synchronized opponent. Kim would be hit by simultaneous concrete-splitting strikes she would never be able to dodge or block, and even using all her blood to endure the damage would leave her wide open for the Changelings’ individual powers.

“And FREEZE!”

The image of a glowing eye flashed in each Changeling’s vision. All strength and aggression immediately left their bodies. Some hit the vampire as they fell down, but she easily withstood their weight with blood power. Most just collapsed to the floor.

“Oh my God, so sorry guys!” Kim gasped. “Looks like I taunted you on fucking purpose!”

With a snap of the fingers, the vampire made the blood spilled on the floor congeal into spikes, stabbing her downed opponents in the throat. With pained gurgles, they dissipated into the Weave. Kim scoffed before taking the stairs.

“Should be obvious my powers are close range. Fucking casuals.”

* * *

The bloodthirsty Dreamer opened the double doors to the world-famous auditorium. How had the huge, four stories high theater fared against Nightmare’s corruption? She couldn’t tell, because she couldn’t see shit. Two projectors were aimed directly at her. She could, however, hear anonymous applause coming from all directions.

Kim groaned. There had been a time when her beloved Pearl would have talked to her softly as they lay in bed, soothing her rage with feminine tenderness. But she was the Aspect of Lust now. Drunk on power. And she claimed to want her love back?

“Can we cut the fucking theatrics, Pearl?! I’ve got a friend to save!”

The Aspect’s wicked laugh filled the auditorium, echoing through the darkness.

“So predictable, sugar! Never change!” She kept laughing for a few moment, then caught her breath and announced “Yes, I know you want to protect our friendly neighborhood secret agent. In fact...that’s what we have all come here to see!”

Suddenly, the projectors blinding her were turned off. She could see aisle lighting inviting her forward, to the illuminated stage. Kim didn’t know what Pearl meant by protecting Janet, and in fact didn’t like it. But there didn’t seem to be any faster choice than playing along. Indeed, while there reigned a deathly silence in the obscured room, the vampire could smell the blood of hundreds. She seethed. That bitch was toying with her in front of the whole Heart of Sin.

Furious but unable to think of an alternative, Kim jumped on stage. She wouldn’t be intimidated. She wouldn’t be mocked. The clingy lovesick cunt would not leave her the fuck alone until she made sure to burn every last plank of every last bridge. When the big lights finally came to life, revealing the entire auditorium. Her three eyes grew wide.

“Oh...shit.”

Hundreds? There were thousands of fucking Changelings in there. The damn auditorium was full to the brim with twisted humans of all types. Minerals, Beastkin, Elementals...Kim even saw some more exotic shaped that didn’t have a commonly accepted name. Only Ogres weren’t present. These guys don’t play well with seats.

Kim could clearly see they weren’t here to fight. The crowd’s murmur was calm, their heartbeat tranquil. Hell, some had even bust out the friggin’ popcorn. Well, she would have preferred they howled like mad beasts. Changelings just weren’t supposed to be that disciplined. Whatever Pearl was going to pull out of her ass now, she was apparently damn proud of it.

“Ladies and Gentlemen!” Chanted the Aspect as she descended from the ceiling, her powerful wings holding her in the air. “Subjects of our Queen! Welcome to the grand finale!”

“Ooh boy, here we go.”

Kim heard heavy sounds of machinery behind her. She spun around, and saw props coming out of the stage floor. It was as if she was in an old-school, pulley-operated theatre; only instead of quaint wooden backdrops, the stage hands were bringing forth actual rocks and trees. The effect was fast and drastic. In mere seconds, the stage had been turned into a mashup between a rocky mountainside and a savannah. Kim instinctively took a step back when she saw the sun, but quickly realized it was just another projector, powerful but harmless to her.

“Introducing my one true love, the princess of bloodshed, true contender for third Aspect of Lost Angels...Kimberley Tamiyama!”

Applause. Standing ovation, even. Kim felt the urge to slaughter every single one of these cocky assholes. She was here to maim, not entertain! She was considering wasting one of the assholes with a sneaky attack, when she felt a powerful killing intent behind her. Before she could even think, her survival instincts made her roll under the cover of a large rock.

“VERSUUUUUUS!”

Another pulley sound. They were bringing something to the stage. Something alive and really pissed off. “Shit”, thought Kimberley. “What was she keeping hidden down there?". Her blood boiled, her veins prepared to drain the life out of whoever dared face her. She peeked from behind her cover, expecting a Rancor or some shit. But what came on stage was...a simple, human-shaped cage.

“Lieutenant Samuel Christopherson! The pesky Dreamer who brought Banality to our sacred Heart! Everybody insult him as best as you can!”

Inside the cave was sitting a perfectly normal-looking soldier in full combat attire. Navy SEAL, judging from the uniform. He was tall, rugged, with the mug of a veteran who had no family to go back to. He looked at the young vampire and frowned, shaking his head. He said something, but Kim couldn’t hear it, as the the Changelings behind her starting flooding the auditorium with boos and insults.

The soldier got up and armed his rifle, looking as blasé as any silver screen veteran. The mad audience doubled down on their jeers. What was their gripe with this guy?

“Kim!” Called Pearl. “Both of you are Dreamers. Only one of you will walk out alive! But you stand on Lost Angel’s, no, the World’s greatest stage! Life is an overrated prize. My beloved, what you will fight for...is this!”

A TV screen was lowered about six meters above the stage. It flickered to life, and Kim gasped. It showed Janet, struggling with her own lust in the hallways of the Heart of Sin. She was blowing a black dude with cyborg implants, a dazed expression on her once determined face.

“Goddamit, no!” The vampire yelled. “JANET!”

“Oh, please, Kimmie. You know she can’t hear you. I know you like her, since she got you out of Griffith’s grasp, but let’s face it. She’s completely helpless, the poor dear.”

“You made her that way, you nuclear BITCH!”

“And now you’re the only one who can save her.”

A surge of adrenaline coursed through Kimberley’s body. Pearl knew the keys to her heart all too well. Suddenly, nothing mattered. Not Pearl, not the thousands of Changelings, not the soldier she was to kill. Her entire being focused on Janet. The black operative was in deep shit. Her eyes were totally focused on her lover, her muscles completely relaxed, and her plant body covered in the Aspect’s flowers. She wasn’t fighting at all.

“As it stands,” Pearl commented, “She’s going to turn into one of my girls in a few minutes just by making love. She isn’t resisting at all, the cute girl. Only you can help her!”

“Let me guess, I’ve gotta waste G.I. Joe over here in record time and get to her?”

“Do I look like an uncreative Hollywood screenwriter, Kimmie?” Sighed her ex. “No no no, I’ll make this much more interesting. Have the lead in your battle to the death and I’ll weaken the ambient lust around Janet. Receive a serious wound, however, and I’ll send another stallion to fuck her brains out. Feeling motivated yet, my love?”

Before the vampire could come up with a clever rebuttal, the succubus snapped her fingers and the cage holding the military man burst open.

“Then let the bloodbath BEGIN!”

* * *

“Damn that fucker is fast.”

Kim was crouching behind the large rock, trying to make herself as small a target as possible. She had turned to the cage as soon as she heard it break open, only to see it empty. The fight hadn’t even begun and her opponent had already proved resourceful. Unfortunately for him, the artificial savannah, though fairly large, was well in the range of her blood-tracking senses. Sammy boy was hiding behind a series of rocks, uphill on Kim’s right.

He couldn’t hide from the vampire. The problem, of course, was that he had a fucking assault rifle. Mere trifle to Changelings, but as Pearl as pointed out, Kimberley was still a mortal. She had to find a way to safely close the distance, but none readily came up. Her cloaking ability made her a sitting duck, she couldn’t use her pacifying eye for a few hours, and...

Gunfire. Kim’s line of thinking was violently cut off, and she instinctively cowered behind the rock.

“...The fuck? Suppressive fire?”

The Lieutenant was clearly targeting her cover to prevent her from coming out. Kim had watched enough modern warfare documentaries to know that continuous fire wasn’t supposed to hit the enemy at all. The soldier was pinning her down...But how was it supposed to benefit him? He didn’t have a squad to go around the cover and flank her. Why would a trained warrior do such a retarded move?

“No, wait.” Kim realized. “He knows I’m on a tight schedule because of Janet...He’s trying to pressure me into making a mistake!”

The vampire bit her lip. He had fired way too many bullets without recharging. Did the fucker have infinite ammo? Normal as he might have looked, his gun had to be dream-crafted for it to work, so that wasn’t much of a stretch. If so, she was in serious trouble. She couldn’t extend her veins as far away as he was, and needed a clear shot anyway. Lucky for her, she knew a few dreamshaping tricks aside from her bloody specialty. She just had to open a portal to the officer’s back and the fight would be over in a jiffy.

Or so she thought. Despite her concentration, the structure of space wouldn’t budge an inch.

“What the...”

There was a single gunshot. Kim flinched. There was a sharp pain in her abdomen.

“UGH!”

She looked down, and saw a small puncture wound just below her solar plexus.

“The...The FUCK?!”

Christopherson was still firing. What the hell shot her? She looked forward, and saw a tiny, fist-sized aircraft was hovering right in front of her. It looked like a small model airplane made entirely out of metal, only a big single cannon hanging below the hull replaced the conventional weaponry. Most strikingly, however, were the metal fragments floating through the air, converging to it. Every speck merged into the object perfectly, increasing the cannon’s size.

It wasn’t just suppressive fire—he was dreamshaping his own bullets!

By sheer survival reflex, Kim shot her veins out to ensnare the drone. Unlike her attempt at creating a portal, this move worked. The aircraft wobbled in an attempt to break free, but the tendrils’ grasp was solid. Kim even managed to make the cannon swivel away from her. The steel mist was still present, however, and metallic slivers began to agglutinate over her veins. Kimberley had time to assess the situation, but not a whole lot.

“My blood attacks work but not my portals? The fuck is going on here?!”

Now that she thought about it, this whole auditorium was strange. For it to be perfectly natural even with that many Changelings sitting in it simply didn’t make sense. She closed her eyes and focused on the Weave around her. To her surprise...the background structure of the entire Dreamscape was almost completely non-existent. There were clumps of it in the terrain, in the drone and her own body, but the air itself was completely empty. Kim was shocked. Even in Downtown the Weave wasn’t that weak.

“Now you know why my subjects and I want you to kill him, my beloved.” Whispered the Aspect of Lust inside her mind. “That annoying man single-handedly keeps the auditorium in normalcy. Changelings are all but helpless against him.”

“What?! The man’s a goddamn hero then!”

“Perhaps, but you are still going to kill him, aren’t you?”

Kim glanced at the screen overhead. Janet still wasn’t showing any sign of resistance. The metal accumulating on her snare was turning into a small razor. She gulped. She had found a man that possibly held the key to saving the world from Nightmare, yet only his death could save Janet.

“I hate you so much.”

* * *