The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Every Woman Has a Price, Chapter 4

by Redsliver

Chapter Title : Loss Prevention

* * *

Darlene was shoved in the shoulder and woken up with a start.

“Owen? Are you OK? What’s wrong?” She rolled onto her back and looked up at the man pacing up and down the length of the bed. Purposefully, she had the blankets fall further away from her bare breasts. That seemed to calm some men down, or at least repurpose how they were worked up. She wasn’t ready for the abruptness of the morning. Her head was throbbing from the liquor and one unlucky bankshot off the headboard.

“My grandpa’s coin, where did you put it?” He growled.

“I dunno, the couch I think? What time is it?” She mumbled.

“Like eight, I guess.” He stomped back out of the bedroom. Work at nine! She really shouldn’t go back to sleep but his bed was so big, a little too firm, but the blankets were so warm and the pillow was so cuddly. There was a loud crash. She opened her eyes and swung her feet out onto the floor. There was no small amount of grumbling.

She shrugged into one of Owen’s shirts and walked out to see the couch turned over and the cushions scattered. Owen couldn’t exhale without saying “Fuck.”

“Can’t find it?” She asked needlessly. “Do you want me to make breakfast while you look?”

“Can you check your purse or your pockets?” He rolled the couch back up onto its legs. He stabbed his hand around the edges again. A pile of change, mostly quarters and loonies, had already been unearthed. The old silver coin was not there.

“There’s no need.” Darlene said pulling a box of cereal from the sixth cupboard she opened. “I left it on the couch.”

“Please! It’s important.”

“Dude, you dropped one off as a tip. It’ll keep. Is your milk OK? What’s the date today?” She sniffed the jug and shrugged that it was good enough.

“Darlene.” He said sharply. She stopped pouring. “C’mon, please. Now.”

“Fine.” She shook her head. “You told me not to take it out of the apartment. I think that falls under shit to do with my body.”

He wasn’t listening. She was bitching mostly under her breath. She grabbed her purse and her winter coat. She tossed the coat at Owen. He was running his hands under the tv’s stand and around the backs of his speakers. He scrambled up holding the coat. She dumped her purse on the counter. A lipstick and condoms they hadn’t used fell off the edge. “See, no coin.”

He carried her coat back to the front closet. He did fumble through her pockets. Nothing. He hung it back up.

“Where do you eat? Counter? In front of the TV?” She asked. She saw there was a clear enough spot on the counter next to her dumped purse. She swept everything back into the little clutch and pitched it over by the sink.

“Motherfucker!” He stomped back over.

“It’ll turn up. I mean, you still got the box full.” Darlene said around her spoon. “Two hundred bucks isn’t nothing. It’s not like you’re hurting for cash right now.”

“That’s not the—”

“Don’t give me the sentimental value pitch. You dropped one to Elizabeth to say thank you for walking twenty feet with a hot plate.” Darlene belched and tossed her bowl into the dishwasher. “Eat, give yourself a minute to breathe.”

“OK, thanks, that’s wrong but thank you.” Owen sat down on the stool Darlene had used and dug into the second bowl of cereal.

“What about your ex? She kinda looked in last night.” Darlene loved the sound of calling that girl his ex.

“Ex? Was someone with Janice?”

“Would Janice have taken the coin?” Darlene asked. Owen’s spoon clattered off the rim of his cereal bowl and fell to the floor. He stomped across the hall to the next apartment. Frowning, Darlene picked up the spoon, went in search of paper towels to clean up the spatter, and skidded across the tiles with a condom underfoot.

* * *

“What the fuck are you doing?” Janice was wearing a long t-shirt and turtle slippers. Tamara was stuffing herself into a dumpy sweater to match her ugly jeans.

“I called the airport, there’s a flight back home in a couple of hours and—”

“And what? You haven’t even seen Owen yet.” Janice tutted.

“He’s already found a girl! I’m not that kind of slut.”

“Oh fuck off, that was Darlene. If it was the blonde maybe there’d be something there but she’s just a piece of ass. You’re a little more than a piece of ass. You’re not fucking anything up for anyone but yourself right now.” Janice shook her head. “She’ll be out the door soon and we can take our run at Owen.”

“Look, I know you were gung-ho sex on the table from word one. But I wasn’t, Janice. I’ve never been like that.” Tamara thrust her hair back from her face and tied off a loose ponytail behind her. “So, no. I think I’m done. OK?”

“Oh fuck off. Do you like sex?”

“Of course.” Tamara said.

“How long has it been?” Janice asked.

“Two years-ish.”

“What’s the ish?”

“Twenty six months.” Tamara frowned.

“Mother. Fucker.” Janice slow whistled her surprise. “God! Your vibrator’s motor must be begging for death.”

“I don’t masturbate.” Tamara stiffened her shoulders.

“Jesus!” Janice scowled with disgust. “If you were a dude you’d be a serial killer. How do you not own thirty cats?”

“Allergies!” Tamara snapped. She squeezed the bridge of her nose and took a long deep breath. “Look, Owen was one of the great guys in my life. I wouldn’t have minded saying hi again and even, if it went that way, having sex with him. I just don’t think that—”

Owen stomped into the apartment. Tamara shrieked with violence of the door opening and the slap of feet from the hallway carpet to Janice’s hardwood floors.

“Oh my God! Tamara… Shit… Hi.” He mumbled stopping slowly. He then saw his cousin. “Did you take one of Grandpa’s coins?”

“The one on the couch?” Janice nodded. “Yeah it’s, uh, somewhere. Don’t worry about it.”

A scream followed him in. Every turned to the cracked open door across the hall.

“I’m OK!” Darlene shouted. “Just hit my head with the fridge. Body is in good shape!”

“OK. Um…” Tamara mumbled.

“Shit.” Owen kept his eyes on his own apartment door. “Can you bring the coin over, Janny? It’s good to see you, Tamara.”

“Yeah, hi.” Tamara said to Owen’s back. The far door closed and Janice walked into her bedroom. Tamara hovered waiting. Janice caught Tamara’s eyes with a snap in front of the nose. “What?”

“Why’d you get dressed? Now you got to compete with a slut in lingerie.” Janice grabbed Tamara’s hand. In her left, the old silver coin juggled over the green haired girl’s knuckles. Tamara yanked Janice to halt at the doorway. “What?”

It was obvious Tamara wasn’t practiced at forcing a smile. “Um, can I have a couple of tequilas first?”

* * *

“Lizzie.” Elizabeth’s boyfriend was sitting in the kitchen. He put down his phone. He was as good looking as any guy she had ever known. Tall, strong, bearded. He worked construction. He made her feel like a woman. He made her feel like a girl. She smiled. That wasn’t easy right then. “What’s with last night, babe?”

“I wasn’t… I need to work something out.” She shook her head. She was putting her earrings in as she joined him the kitchen.

“You spend, what? 500? 700 bucks on lingerie? That’s a huge purchase and you don’t show it off and you don’t share it with me.” He was hard and cold.

“I was feeling shitty about the night before too.” She frowned. She tested her pens on a notepad and swept them and her work apron into her little backpack. “I hoped, I hoped I’d feel better. I hoped I’d take care of this crap. These last few nights…”

She trailed off. The idea was there but she didn’t want to say it.

“You’re not going to make these last few nights a habit.” He told her.

“Just, just give me a bit of time Brett.” She sighed. “Something’s been off.”

“Yeah, well get it on.” He stood up, grabbed his empty cup of coffee and dropped it off in the sink. “I’m coming for you tonight. Be ready.”

A week ago, that threat would’ve melted her kneecaps and spinal column and had her fluttery and spastic all day. Right now, she just felt rigid, frigid, angry, and disappointed. He wasn’t just coming for her tonight. Elizabeth mattered. She felt the love and it wasn’t enough for him for her to just have the body he wanted. Except, she didn’t have that body anymore.

Goddammit! Goddammit! Goddammit!

Owen probably wouldn’t be in again until tomorrow. She would’ve punched the wall but it wasn’t her fist to break.

* * *

“Hey Darlene, sweetie pie! Love the uniform! Did you earn your tip?” Janice strutted in ahead of Tamara and laughed as she flipped the old coin off of her thumb and caught it. She slapped it down on the back of her fist. “Heads or tails?”

“Tails mostly.” Darlene said. She was not happy to see Janice. She looked over the bigger brunette following in and frowned harder.

“Hi, I’m Tamara.” The brunette had two years on Darlene and Janice, as did Owen. “Kind of an old friend.”

“We kinda heard you two come in last night.” Owen said. He pointed to Janice and then the box. She rolled her eyes and crossed the apartment. He gestured between Darlene and Tamara. “I guess I thought you two somehow knew each other.”

“What? Why would we?” Tamara looked at Darlene a second time. She had known busty brunettes in her time but not this one. Not one from the city especially. Tamara hadn’t been in the city since volleyball nationals in grade eleven.

“Oh, because you asked about my ex coming in last night…” Owen spoke with his hands at Darlene. Darlene blushed.

“Oh, right, I had, um it’s not important.” Darlene frowned.

“She thought we were fuck buddies,” Janice slapped Owen’s ass as she giggled back into the crowd. “Hey, your cast got signed!”

“Yeah, um—” There was no talking when Janice was still going.

“OK, I know Elizabeth and Darlene. Who is Friends? God what awful penmanship.” Janice put down the hand.

“Frieda probably. She’s the girl from the pawnshop.” That earned quick hard looks from Tamara and Darlene. Owen didn’t notice. Janice watched the pair of them like a hawk. There was something more in Darlene than the same whorish girl that brought her wraps and her cousin his chicken fingers. Something she could feel herself sending up at Owen.

“Oh? You still thinking of punting them off for a couple measly grand?” Janice sniffed. “Boo! Boo!”

“No not quite.” He frowned. “Can I run something by you?”

“What in private? What are we going to do with our dates?” Janice gestured to Darlene and Tamara.

“I’m supposed to be at work soon.” Darlene shrugged. “I mean, if you’re done with me for the moment?”

“Um, yeah, work. Money and stuff.” Owen shooed the waitress.

“Oh shit, I should give you my number!” She laughed. Tamara looked aghast that Darlene was in the apartment after a night of sex without having the guy’s number. “I literally ran into him on the street.”

“His phone’s in whatever pants he was wearing last night.” Janice told her before Owen could mention that he knew how to find her.

“I know where those are!” Darlene bragged and marched into his bedroom.

“You want me to wait in your apartment?” Tamara asked. She could still feel the burn of the two shots of liquid confidence she’d had for breakfast.

“Bye! See you soon!” Darlene touched Owen’s chin and kissed him performatively before she picked her coat off the closet door and stuffed her feet into her boots. Tamara was about to follow her out. Janice grinned. She shook her head from behind Owen. Tamara worriedly stayed.

“Get to work safe.” Owen said goodbye to Darlene and closed the door.

“Way to go! She’s got great tits.” Janice beamed. “You done with her? Because, I brought you Tamara to play matchmaker.”

“Janice!” Tamara scowled when Janice ran a fist to her mouth and pushed her cheek out with her tongue to show off her definition of matchmaker.

“Let the spazz be herself, Tamara.” Owen wore a small amused smile due to his cousin. “She’s kinda always been like that. It’s awesome you’re down. We’ll get lunch, catch up. First, I’m going to borrow Janice for a sec, alright?”

“Shit.” Tamara giggled. “A day with Janice and I was almost forgetting that there were reasonable people in the world.”

“C’mon.” Owen ignored her and herded Janice into the bedroom.

“She thought we were fucking!” Janice snorted when she laughed. “God, I’d have loved to have you push me into the bedroom in front of Darlene. Do you like angry sex? Because I can get you angry sex. Hell, I’d be angry enough if she didn’t take the bait. All bases covered!”

“That’s fucking disguting Jan.” Owen said.

“No, it’s just mean. It’s not like you’re going to scramble my eggs with that big sausage of yours.” She frowned tapping her lip but couldn’t work in another pun. “Hashbrowns.”

“Fine, I’ll take you out for breakfast.” He sighed. He fell into a sit on the foot of his bed. Janice jumped on next to him.

“Seriously, don’t not take a swing at Tamara. She needs it more than you ever did.” Janice said.

“Those coins are worth four million dollars.” He said.

“Whoa!” Janice hopped up. “Seriously? Is that why that Frieda chick is signing your cast?”

“Maybe? Her stepmom was a gold digger.” He said. “Kinda got me freaked out. Shit! They’re out there with Tamara!”

“Oh fuck you! The only way she takes any of those is if she gets half in the divorce. Seriously, she was your high school training dummy? No wonder this is the first time I’ve seen you bring a girl home.” Janice laughed. “Look, go out there. Show them off. See what happens. The way I see it, if you shower, you’ll be her type.”

“And what about you?”

“Anything you want. Anywhere you need me.” She saluted. “My body is yours to direct.”

“Huh…” He muttered. “And you took that coin?”

“It’s on the shelf.” She said.

“Right. Nevermind, Grandpa said some crazy wizard shit and it’s making me jump to strange conclusions.” He said. “So, chicken fingers?”

“Really? Angry Darlene sex.” Janice shook her head. “Can’t say I’ll blame you. Sure. We’ll go where we always go. Mediocre food and pretty service girls.”

“Huh, I guess I just always pick the same places don’t I?” He laughed. “You’re right. It’s not about the food.”

“Obviously not, breastfed by Liz isn’t on the menu.” She stopped at the door. “I say, breakfast somewhere better and then you can have Tamara for lunch.

“What do you mean?” Tamara asked. She definitely heard that last statement as Janice walked back into the apartment.

“I mean.” She formed the OK hand sign with her left hand and stuffed her right index finger back and forth through the circle of left index finger and thumb. “Or, you know, Chinese food maybe.”

“Can you hold back the sex talk for a bit?” Tamara asked. “I’d like to get reacquainted with Owen without you battering us.”

“No, you need all of the push you can get.” Janice shook her head. “So breakfast.”

“Tamara, c’mere.” He walked by Janice and over to the bookshelf. “You heard about my grandpa?”

“Yeah, I’m so sorry.” She said. She put her hand on his arm. It was meant as a polite gesture but Janice had gotten to her over the last few days. She tingled to feel the warmth of his skin. Hell she hadn’t been that wet since the drive-in theatre near the university had shut down. She was thinking about her ex again. She was thinking about Jewel. She looked to Janice. Maybe the green haired slut was onto something. Maybe Tamara just needed a palate cleansing.

“So, he’s always been a bit of a kook, right?” Owen said and stood before the wooden box. He pulled open the lid and the riser floated up. “Thirty slots.”

“So eleven coins?” She asked. Ten were scattered randomly in their recesses. Janice’s coin was next to the box on the base of Dr Fate statuette.

“Twelve.” Janice said. She wasn’t far enough back to see. “I put down the other one next to Superman’s Benedict Cumberbatch.”

“That wounds me. That cuts me so deep.” Owen said flatly at his cousin.

“You know what I mean. Batman’s helmet wizard guy.” Janice said.

“Oh, he’s a comic book character.” Tamara looked over the massive collection of trade paperbacks and figures across the shelf. “Whatever.”

“So, Grandpa says,” Owen hurried along running past Tamara’s apathy, “That these coins can buy anything from anyone. But they’re cursed.”

“Grandpa said that?” Janice frowned. “That’s more of a my mom’s side of the family kinda woo woo.”

“Cursed? What does that mean?” She asked.

“He claims, that if I used a coin to buy something from, let’s use you, I would also get that same thing from your enemy.” Owen proceeded to make weird hand gestures and dark and scary noises.

“I don’t have enemies.” Tamara asserted.

“I don’t know if I do either.” Owen nodded.

“Horse. Shit.” Janice said. “I’ve got an enemies list longer than—”

“Than your list of one night stands?” Tamara sniped. “Janice. Janice is my enemy.”

“OK,” Owen laughed. Janice giggled too. He picked up a coin from the felt divot.

“This sounds stupid. What kinda coins buy things from enemies?”

“He said they were given to Judas for Jesus’s life. And then they took the life of Jesus’s betrayer.” This Owen said with less mirth and confidence. Janice rolled her eyes hard enough to start chainsaws.

“Oh, that could be a thing.” Tamara nodded. “Don’t give one to me. I don’t want to die and I don’t want Janice to die.”

“Thanks! I only want you to have what the French call the little death.” Janice said with affected je ne sais quois.

“Don’t say mean things—”

“Les petits morts.” Owen said. “Orgasms.”

“Oh,” Tamara frowned. Her spine shook when Owen grabbed her hand and pressed the coin in face up into her hand. She looked down and shrieked.”

“Oh, did you not also think its bullshit?” Owen worried suddenly.

“Why would you—Oh, oh. I thought, you thought. Oh?”

“Well?” Janice said. “What have you been buying from us?”

“Right, shit. I didn’t say that, did I?” Owen laughed. “Um, you’re going to think I’m an idiot Janice.”

“Nothing new.” She nodded.

“Before I had learned they were worth a bunch.” He mumbled.

“Speak the fuck up.” Janice demanded. Tamara nodded.

“When I thought they were 200ish bucks. I made a bad joke with Elizabeth, from the pub, and, uh, left her one of the coins as a tip.” He said.

“The fuck?” Janice asked. “She’s not worth a two hundred dollar tip. Unless you got anal? I could see her charging 200 for anal sex services.”

“I barely even flirted with her.” Owen said. Tamara sighed in relief. She was already scared of Darlene and Janice was writing that one off. “Look, she asked me what I needed to buy. I told her my body was running out and I should buy hers for a replacement.”

“Buy? Dude. Rent.” Janice enunciated with dispassioned directions.

“So you bought my body?” Tamara looked down at the coin. She let out a full and heavy relieved sigh. “Oh that is the world of my shoulders.”

* * *

“Honey? Honey, hey.” He picked up his work phone to find his new fiancee on the other line. They’d been together for four years now, two of which he had been married to his first love. God he had been so stupid marrying the first girl who had said yes to him. Tamara was cute, but Jewel was someone he belonged with.

“Yeah, babe, what’s up?” He asked.

“There’s a handful of things I need to pick up for the wedding. I’m going to grab my girlfriends and go on a bit of a shopping trip.”

“I thought you guys were doing that in the spring.” He said.

“Um, probably then too. Couldn’t hurt, you know? Plus I hadn’t had the girls for the weekend in sometime.”

“I guess that’s OK. If you’re going on a road trip, take my Range Rover, your car would suck for the drive to Montreal.”

“You’re the greatest! Love you, Bae!”

“Love you too, Jewel.” He said into the hung up the phone. He shrugged, but he was smiling. Free weekend!

* * *