The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Title: Haigure Fit, Chapter 1

AN: This story is intended to be enjoyed as a fantasy by persons over the age of 18—similar actions if undertaken in real life would be deeply unethical and probably illegal. © MoldedMind, 2022.

* * *

It was a crisp fall day at Rosedale University. Kara Chase had woken up early that morning, and she could see out her dorm room window that it was already a chilly morning.

She’d already pulled her blonde hair up into a ponytail, and when she glimpsed herself in the mirror, she saw the blue eyes of her reflection looking back at her.

It was the week of fall break; for once she didn’t have to worry about waking up any of her roommates—the three of them had each elected to return home for the reading week, in order to visit their families. Kara had elected not to go home, so she was currently the only one in their suite.

She’d chosen not to go home, first, because she came from the town right near Rosedale—and while her mother wouldn’t have had a problem with Kara coming to stay in her old bedroom for a week, to Kara it had seemed ridiculous to pack up a bag and travel five minutes away from her campus to go home when she could just as easily stay on campus and then just go back home to see her family at various points throughout the week she had off from school. Kara was an eminently practical person; and her practicality just hadn’t allowed her to do something as ridiculous as “going home” to a place that was five minutes away. So she hadn’t.

The second, and most important reason that Kara Chase had chosen to stay alone in her dorm suite on campus during Rosedale’s reading week, was that her girlfriend, Alexa Lane, was also staying. Alexa came from away; she had not grown up five minutes away from Rosedale, like Kara had, but Kara loved her just the same. She and Alexa were busy people: both taking a full course-load, and each of them doing demanding extra-curriculars. For Kara, that was the Rosedale University newspaper; for Alexa, it was the track and field team.

Luckily, Kara and Alexa shared a dorm building, but even so, when classes were in session and both of their extra-curriculars were in full force, the two of them often found it challenging to co-ordinate their schedules, and see each other as often as they wanted to. Kara, in particular, had felt that she had barely seen Alexa lately, and Alexa had said she’d felt the same. So to both of them, this reading week had seemed like the perfect opportunity to rekindle their relationship and spend a lot of time together.

So far, that had been exactly what they’d done. Kara knew her reading week should have been used for studying, staying on top of her classes—or maybe, at least, sniffing out a new story to report to Rosedale Uni News, and maybe she should have felt guilty for “wasting her time” but as far as Kara was concerned, spending time with Alexa hour after hour, day after day, would never be a waste of time. It was an incredible luxury; putting reading and work off until later was more than worth it.

And it was a taste of things to come, at least Kara hoped—if her relationship with Alexa continued going as well as it had been, then maybe someday the two of them could live together, and be together all the time. Spending so much time with Alexa never seemed to make Kara annoyed, or cause her to tire of her. The more she saw Alexa the more she wanted to see her, and it was nice to have at least one week in which they pretended things would always be like this; that they could see each other all day long, every day, and never have to be apart.

The only thing they hadn’t done was sleep in each other’s rooms—at the end of each day, they had said goodbye at the door—much as they liked spending time with each other, this was one thing they just didn’t do. If either one of them had roomed alone, they might have; but each of them shared their suite with three other girls, and though both of them had been lucky enough that each of their three roommates had chosen to travel back home, they still hadn’t opted to sleep in each other’s rooms.

It would have been crowded, either sharing Alexa’s twin bed or Kara’s, but that wasn’t the main reason. They didn’t ever spend the night with each other because each one of them shared a bedroom with another girl, and it wouldn’t have been right to do it in a shared space. So even though they could have opted to with all the other girls away they hadn’t. If they did it even once, both girls were pretty sure they would never want to stop doing it again; and this was the only time that each girl had an empty bedroom, so to acquire the taste for something that could never be replicated or repeated would have been just too cruel.

Some others might have capitalized on being in empty bedrooms; but they wouldn’t. Their shared lives were about routine, even if each one was temporarily escaping the routine for this one week in which there were no classes, no hours at the newspaper and no track meetings; so neither had been about to establish a routine that couldn’t be maintained.

It had been enough to be together all day each day; but reading week was coming to a close. It was already Friday; then over the course of Saturday and Sunday, roommates would be coming back from the places they’d traveled too—and on Monday, there would be class again, and track practice, and the Rosedale Uni News office would open again. So Kara and Alexa were both planning to make the most of their last three days together.

It was already after 8:30 in the morning; Kara had not been sleeping in this week, even though she knew most of the other students were taking advantage of the time off in order to do that. She hadn’t wanted to throw off her sleep schedule—and most importantly, she had wanted to maximize her time spent with Alexa while they had so much of it to spare.

Now Kara was in a rush to get dressed quickly enough that she could be at Alexa’s dorm room door down the hall in five minutes or less. She chose a sweater that day, and warm, lined leggings— then a light fall coat over top. It was casual in the way that Kara’s entire wardrobe was; casual was her preferred style. Her lithe body had slipped easily into her clothes for that day, her sweater hugging her B-cup breasts underneath her fall coat; she wore dark colors to contrast with her light skin and avoid washing herself out, and the ensemble she’d chosen today was no exception; and all of her clothes were just a little bit longer to accommodate her 5′7 height. She took one more look in the mirror—she looked put together, and she’d done it in the quickest amount of time possible.

Then Kara looked out the window of the main living space again. It did look breezy out there, but what she was wearing ought to be enough to keep her warm.

She wanted to see Alexa as soon as possible, and she didn’t want to delay a minute longer than required. She slipped her wallet in her pocket, next to her keys, and was out through a locked door and down the hall in the next minute.

She gave a firm knock to Alexa’s door. Only a minute passed before the door swung open for her.

Alexa was standing there; and Kara appreciated her beauty not for the first time. As the star member of the Rosedale University track team, she had a very athletically toned body; she kept her brown hair short, so it was less fuss when she was running, and the short cut suited both her face shape and personality, as she tended towards tomboyishness. Her skin was tanned from outdoor runs, with distinctive outlines tracing the boundaries of her track uniform when she was wearing fewer layers. Her eyes were hazel to match her hair; her breasts were C-cups, and she was well-muscled with a defined six-pack. She was quite something to take in all at once; she often dressed in athleisure or other clothes that lended easily to fitness activities.

Alexa was smiling back at Kara, already dressed. “Hi, Kara.”

Even after being with Alexa for so long, Kara still flushed every time Alexa smiled at her. She felt herself blushing into her ears. “Hi, Alexa. I thought grabbing a coffee this morning might be nice. What do you say? My treat.”

Alexa kept smiling. “Lead the way,” she said, and reached to link her arm through Kara’s. With her other hand, she pulled shut her dorm door. “You know you don’t have to treat me every time. You could let me pick it up once or twice. You know I’ll still spend time with you even if you don’t pay for every single thing we do, don’t you?”

Kara laughed. “I just like to treat my girl.”

“If you insist,” Alexa said, brightly. “As long as you’re offering, I’ve got no complaints. Coffee sounds like heaven on a morning like today. It’s a coffee morning—the way you can just tell the branches are crackling in the chill. The perfect day to get something warm to drink and curl up inside.”

With arms still linked, both girls made it out of their dorm, and started their way across the quad. As they went, Kara couldn’t help noticing the empty meeting space as they went by.

All along the east side of the quad there were store-front like spaces that the university assigned to different university clubs to use for their meetings and events. There were spaces like these all over the campus, but this strip of the quad was the most concentrated area for them. There were about five or six available fronts; currently, five of these were filled.

But the sixth, the last in that east row of the quad, was clearly empty. The front windows were unshaded, and it was possible to see right inside. And there was nothing in there—not so much as a single box.

Kara noted it because she always noted everything; at all times, her mind was combing over the world around her, sorting, categorizing, looking for anything that stuck out—the thing that stuck out was often where a story could be found. There was nothing odd about the fact that that last club space hadn’t been filled; in the normal course of things, sometimes things just worked out that way, and there just weren’t enough clubs to use all available club spaces.

But Kara couldn’t stop her brain from noting it. It was what made her such a good reporter, always on the hunt for the truth; she rarely missed anything big, but it also meant that sometimes her mind noticed and stuck on—fixated even—things that were perfectly normal. If she’d opened her mouth to describe this internal process to Alexa, she would have gotten loving fondness from her; but she didn’t want to distract from their moment together, walking arms linked across the quad. Her mind was on at all times, noting what was the same and what was different—but that didn’t mean Alexa had to be subjected to this constant categorization. It could get tiring after awhile—Kara found that sometimes, and it was her own brain. She could spare her girlfriend from it.

Once they’d gotten past that east row of the quad, the empty club space was forgotten by Kara. While observing it, she’d been aware, and if asked later, she would remember, but her mind had sorted the stand-out occurrence as benign—no threat, no story, there’d just been one fewer club this year than last—so it had allowed her to move on from it, and not dominate her day with it.

Across the quad, they entered the student union building, and went along the first floor to the coffee-shop that was tucked in the back left-hand corner; Kara ordered them each a jumbo coffee—something that would stay warm, and last for a few hours. Alexa’s idea of curling up inside one of their dorm rooms with full steaming cups of takeout coffee had sounded heavenly, and once they were back with their coffee, they wouldn’t have another reason to go out today, and they could make the most of the last day of their reading week before everyone else came back. Two jumbo coffees would last the morning; and stay pretty warm all that time, in the coffee-shop’s special, reinforced takeout cups.

There were only a few people in the coffee-shop, so they made Kara and Alexa’s order quickly; throughout the week, there had still been a few things to do around campus, stuff informally organized by the students who had stayed on campus; nothing official, as everything official in an events capacity had been put on hold for the week as the university was de facto closed; there had been some small parties, and other get togethers of that type. Earlier in the week, Kara and Alexa had stopped in at some of these, particularly in the evenings, but today, they were the only two people they were going to see, and Kara knew they were both looking forward to that.

With jumbo coffees both in hand, they left the coffee-shop together, laughing as they spoke of something frivolous and lighthearted. They went back out into the autumn chill and started back across the quad the way they’d come, leaving the student union building for the dorm.

That was when Kara saw it; and it was unmistakable. Alexa was still talking, and Kara split her focus. She was still taking in everything her girlfriend said, but her mind could split focus easily when necessary. It was how she often outlined her pieces; in class, taking notes, part of her brain could turn away and sketch out an entire piece for the paper, and afterwards, she could still retain everything she’d learned in the lesson that day. So that was what her brain was doing now: splitting focus, between Alexa and her endearing anecdote, and the thing that was definitely wrong, and might be a story.

The sixth club space at the end of the east row of the quad had been filled.

Kara kept pace with Alexa, agreeing with her and contributing verbally with necessary, but her eyes kept flitting back to the now-filled club space every chance she got. It had been empty not fifteen minutes ago—and so empty there hadn’t been a single item in it that was visible through the window.

Now the windows had been shaded; and stencils had been put up on the glass, and an overhanging banner above the window. Both read “Haigure Fit”—then a second banner had been hung inside the window which read “Grand Opening—Please Stop By.”

Kara tried her best not to frown; she didn’t want Alexa to think she wasn’t listening to her. But there was something disturbing about this. A place completely empty had, apparently, furnished itself in fifteen minutes or less; and now was ‘open’ and inviting prospective club members in.

It just... didn’t add up. What club officially opened on the last day of a reading week, when most of the students weren’t even on campus? And how had they gotten themselves ready to receive visitors so quickly? How could a place go from empty to full so quickly?

Everything about it was strange; and Kara knew, already, that it would be percolating in the back of her mind all day long. She was going to want to find out more about the club—maybe stop in and talk with them, get some information on their speedy set-up; and see if there was anything else to find there besides. She could cover for her desire to get information on them by offering to put a club announcement in the Uni News; but something about this was coming up short, and Kara wanted to find out what that was.

She’d already resolved to do all of this, and to get more information; that was before she saw that, apparently, someone was following the suggestion of the hanging banner in the window. A petite blonde girl was pausing, looking up at the awning, then the window stencil, then the banner—she’d stopped in her walking track that would have taken her futher along the row of clubfronts; this Haigure Fit was the right-most front of all six.

She stood, contemplating the club; then turned back towards the pull-door; pulled; and then disappeared inside. Kara made a mental note of this too, but it seemed nothing else was happening with Haigure Fit just now—so Kara let herself look away; they’d reached the end of the quad, and she had to turn away and follow Alexa back into their dorm building. She let herself slip easily back into enjoying Alexa’s company, but there was a back burner lit in her mind now; and Haigure Fit was in the pot, and simmering on it.

It was a nice day all-considered, just the same. The jumbo coffees lasted into the afternoon; she and Alexa had sat on the floor instead of the couch, throwing some cushions down and getting comfortable together; they’d watched some tv in a main room that hadn’t required any divvying up of tv time, for once; no sharing with roommates who weren’t there; and when they’d watched enough, and talked enough, and laughed enough; and kissed enough; they’d settled into just lying there together on the carpeted floor, one girl’s head on the other’s shoulder, just... comfortable... for hours... in satisfied silence.

Most of the day had gone that way. Finally, evening had come; Alexa had been falling asleep on Kara’s shoulder, since they’d switched positions around, and Kara had decided it was a good time to call it a night. She didn’t want Alexa to have to sleep on the floor if she was tired; sleep on the floor and get a crick in her neck from the angle; wanted her to sleep a goodnight’s sleep in her own bed, since she was her girlfriend, and she loved her... so she’d given Alexa a gentle shake, a reminder to go to bed, a goodbye, and a kiss on the lips.

Alexa had sleepily smiled at her and said goodnight in a way that melted Kara’s heart all over again, then gotten up and went back into her room. Kara had stood, made sure the door was set to lock behind her, and pulled it shut after herself. Once in the hallway, she still tested it, even though it was the exact same door as the one to her own dorm room and she knew how they worked, and how they locked. But Kara was a cautious person; someone keen to double check; and so she twisted the nod experimentally just to be sure, then nodded to herself when the door refused her entry.

She was free to go down to the hall back to her own dorm room, but as she contemplated this, she was struck by the strangest impulse. She didn’t know why—she couldn’t explain it—but she wanted to go back and take another look at Haigure Fit, even though it was now under cover of night.

Kara didn’t fight the impulse; didn’t argue it. Such impulses had long since proven their value to her; many such impulses had led her to breaks in stories, or stories themselves, in full, simply because they had guided her to be in the right place at the right moment; she wouldn’t fight this one. She pulled her jacket tighter around herself, because it was night now; and that day’s chill would have turned into that night’s freeze; and still hugging herself this way, she ventured back outside.

She felt something in herself that she was keeping close attention on; a potential. If she wasn’t careful, this fascination; this concern; this impulse could tip over into full blown obsession. Kara had only let herself go that crazy over a story once or twice, and it wasn’t a pleasant image; part of her was hoping the impulse was taking her back to Haigure Fit to show her there was nothing to see. If she stood there for a half-an-hour or more; or, if she were being honest with herself, a few hours; and saw that there was nothing to see—then she wouldn’t become obsessed. She’d keep Haigure Fit in mind, she’d follow up with them, scope them out, write the Uni News club announcement... but it wouldn’t have to be more than that. It wouldn’t have to become an all-consuming obsession that fed on her down to the soul.

It was a quick walk back to the edge of the quad—but something in Kara told her she shouldn’t stand in plain sight. For a reason she couldn’t be sure of, she felt she shouldn’t perhaps be seen by anyone who was there to see. She put herself in line with the treeline that was beyond the row of club-fronts, and looked out from it.

For a while, nothing happened, and as Kara stood there, she felt a little foolish. Why was she so suspicious of this place? Yes, it was weird that a club had launched itself over halfway through the semester; yes, it was weird that they had gotten themselves set-up in 10 minutes or a little more; or possibly a little less, yes, it was strange that one minute they’d been completely empty and the next they’d had stencils, an awning and a banner up, and shades in the window, but... what was she really expecting to happen right now?

She was just getting ready to go back to her dorm—she’d easily been standing there for ninety minutes, maybe it was more like two hours by now—when there was movement. Her eyes locked to it, searching out the source.

The door was being pushed open from the inside—but who was coming out?

Kara started in place; she recognized the person.

It was the petite blonde girl she’d seen go in that morning just before she and Alexa had gone back into their dorm.

Kara fought an impulse this time, and didn’t follow it; it was to check her wristwatch, because she just couldn’t believe the girl had been there all that time; but there was no evidence to suggest that she’d left and come back. She’d gone in around nine that morning; they’d gotten back to Alexa’s at 9:05 am, so Kara felt confident in pinpointing the time there; and even though she wasn’t looking down at her watch again—she was fairly confident that it had been after nine when she’d left Alexa’s, and ninety minutes or more had passed since then—the girl had been inside the new fitness club for over 12 hours, almost 13 and maybe closer to fourteen, and she was just coming out now. That was unusual; and it was not the kind of unusual Kara could set aside.

This morning when she had classified the empty club space, her brain had categorized it as benign, and let her forget about it. But she felt the curiosity getting its teeth into her soul—she would be obsessed now. She wouldn’t be able to help it. Her brain had reassessed the situation; this was no longer benign. This was aberrant, and there was something strange here—and Kara couldn’t help it. Now, from this moment on, she had to know what the truth about this strange new fitness club was. She would do anything to find it out; it would consume her days and nights; she would go crazy for it, like she had only done once or twice before; once or twice before, and it had given her some of her best work, but at great personal cost. She would—and this was all decided before she even got a good look at the blonde girl. When she did, it tipped a beginning obsession into a full-fledged one.

At first, she had only made out the girl’s vague figure, and her face, enough to place her. But now the girl had come far enough away from the club’s door, into the light of the nearby streetlights lining the club, and illuminating the night, and Kara could see her in full detail. She took a step further back into the trees as she kept looking—something told her she didn’t want to be seen by this girl; that if this girl saw her she might... tell someone... and for some reason, Kara just knew she didn’t want to have that happen. She was glad the treeline was far back enough from the quad that the streetlights couldn’t cast their glow on her.

The blonde was not wearing the cute fall coat she’d last been seen in; nor was she wearing her cute, beanie hat; all those clothes were missing. The only thing she wore now was a leotard. This was wrong, too. Kara was wearing the fall outfit she’d chosen that morning; the warm, fuzzy sweater, the lined leggings, the light fall overcoat. Even she was starting to feel the chill through it, and she was dressed for the weather—but this girl was completely exposed to the elements; her arms were bare, her legs, her chest; but she didn’t look even remotely cold at all; she looked... happy, but in a slightly manic way, as if she were very pleased about something... maybe... even pleased to be wearing the leotard.

It was an indecent piece of closing; the neckline cut nearly down to the belly button, and the crotch of it was narrow; the girl’s hips were almost completely bare; if Kara were standing directly in front of her, she knew that the girl’s privates would have easily puffed out along it; and the sides of her breasts also would have been fully visible; indecent; but the girl showed no shame as she began to cross the quad, on the way off to some other dorm. Kara didn’t know why, but it made her want to breathe a sigh of relief to think that this girl would not be coming back to her own dorm. She didn’t know why; she just felt it. There was something sinister about her that Kara couldn’t put her finger on...

Kara kept looking as the girl moved further away. Her leotard was lime green—and she carried nothing else with her, so clearly her clothes and other effects had been left behind somewhere... it didn’t even look like she was wearing shoes on her feet. She had gone into Haigure Fit at 9 o’clock that morning... come out after 10 at night... had gone in fully dressed, wearing her clothes, a coat, and hat, and had come out alone, wearing only a lime green leotard that explicitly demonstrated her body... not even wearing shoes, in chilly fall weather, not even looking cold... only looking happy to be wearing the leotard... and that was it. Something had happened in the twelve, thirteen hours that the blonde girl had been in there—but what? Sooner or later, Kara swore to herself, she would find out.

She waited to see if anyone else was going to come out of the club’s front door. People didn’t just step into empty clubs, stand there alone for thirteen hours, then take off all their clothes, put on lime green leotards and step out into cold nights. Kara knew about cause and effect; Kara knew the beginnings of the story. Something had happened to the girl inside the fitness club; which meant someone had to have done something, or seen something; there was some explanation, and some people who were connected to it—or even responsible for it. Those people must still be inside the club right now—maybe they would come out—but they had to be there. Or to have been there; perhaps they had slipped out through the back of the club... wanting to go unseen... or perhaps the girl had been told to wait until it was dark before she left? And she’d just... sat... alone... inside a closed fitness club... for who knew how long... waiting for dark.

Kara shivered but not from the cold. She didn’t know what unsettled her more; the thought that the people who knew what had happened to the girl—who might even have caused it—were still in the club right now; that they might come out; and see her... or that they had left hours ago, and the girl had, for some reason, been committed enough to the club, or what they’d told her, to wait alone in a closed club all day long, doing nothing... just because they’d said.

Beyond the discomfort, the disquiet, Kara felt relief again; the blonde had not seen her, watching her from the trees on the edge of the quad; and she wasn’t coming back to Kara’s dorm... if the people running the club had told her to stay, like a dog, for hours and wait for dark, they clearly had not wanted anyone to see her; or at least as few people as possible; they’d be inclined to ask her if anyone did, and if she was so loyal that she would waste an entire day waiting because they’d told her to, she’d have no compunctions telling them if she was seen; and Kara didn’t know enough about these people yet to know what they might do with that information. But the blonde hadn’t seen her; she didn’t have to worry about this.

She was caught, in that moment, torn between two things. She wanted some of those people in the know to come out the front door so she could see who they were and further her fledgling investigation; but she was also afraid that they might, found herself hoping they had left hours before, even though that was the more disturbing option. The girl had looked distracted by her happiness; but if these people in the know were trying to avoid detection, they would have sharper eyes; would be watching more closely for observers; they’d be more likely to see her. And she didn’t know what they’d do then.

And yet she couldn’t do the sensible thing and turn away, go back to the dorm in preservation of her safety. She needed to know; everything she could know about this club; even at personal risk; she had to know.

She stood there for possibly ninety minutes more; but the door stayed closed, and there were no signs of life inside. Perhaps the place was really empty; the people involved had left earlier, or through the back of the club. Either way, there was nothing else to be seen tonight; and nothing else to learn right now. She’d been obsessed enough to stand outside watching the place for close to three hours; but it was getting nearer to midnight now. She was tired. She would sleep, and pick this up again tomorrow.

She headed back to her dorm room, and when she finally reached her bed, she slept fitfully—her mind already considering what she’d seen and turning it over and over in her sleeping head, searching for answers, even as she dreamed of running to escape from unknown pursuers.

* * *