The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

Hand (Part 7)

This work may not be reposted or redistributed without the prior express written permission of the author.

A work of fiction, meant for adults. Read something else if you are not an adult, or are offended by stories with sexual content. Then again, if all you’re looking for is in-out, in-out, in-out, you should probably read something else. I welcome constructive comments. Enjoy.

Saddle Point

The next leg of our journey was in a single-engine, six-seat seaplane. The pilot was an affable chap in his early 40’s who insisted we go to the bathroom before we started out—another one of those practical types. Not a lot of conversation during the flight due to the noise level; we wore headsets which helped some, and the close seating made for contact between Barbara and me. I didn’t actively ruminate over recent events, but as we flew over blue water and small islands, I felt things percolating along inside me.

I knew people who would have found the flight boring—noisy, lots of water with little islands. But I marveled at all the shades of blue and green—so many of each, and took comfort in Barbara sitting so close to me.

We circled the island before landing—irregular in shape, maybe two miles long and three quarters of a mile wide, a bit bigger at the southern end. The house was along the southwest edge, built into the island from the looks of it, with a number of pools and a tennis court. The center of the island was a myriad of green shades and textures, with a rim of sand separating greens from the blues of the water. Hmmm—funny looking green patch in the center, really uniform... We landed in the water, and taxied up to a dock.

Standing on the dock was a man wearing a most disreputable wide-brimmed straw hat, shorts and a short-sleeved shirt, and sunglasses. Like our pilot, early to mid 40’s, relaxed, and in good shape.

Our pilot got out, then helped Barbara and me out of the plane.

“That was the best landing I’ve experienced in a long time,” I told the pilot, shaking his hand.

“Thanks—I try to please,” he told me.

“It’s good to see you again, Barbara,” our host told Barbara as they exchanged hugs.

He turned to me and extended a hand. “I’m Paul.” His skin was tan and somewhat weathered, flecks of gray in his moustache and eyebrows.

“Pleasure to meet you Paul. I’m Roger.” His handshake was warm and firm.

The pilot unloaded our bags. Paul grabbed Barbara’s. I reached for mine, but the pilot took them.

Paul said, “David, have time to join us for lunch?”

“Wouldn’t miss it!” our pilot agreed enthusiastically.

“Amen to that!” I called out.

We walked up a ramp, past an orange pole, and up a set of rock stairs. Set back from the stairs under a ledge was a living area, an eating area, and an open kitchen. In the living area, closest to us with comfy-looking couches and chairs stood two women, one white, one dark skinned, both comfortably and casually dressed.

As we got closer, the white woman walked up to Barbara. “Barbara dear—how good to see you again!”

As I continued to approach, I smelled lunch—seafood something, and it smell delicious. The area under the overhang was also cooler.

“Doctor Hawthorne, welcome,” the woman said to me. “I’m Gail, Paul’s wife.”

She moved closer and we exchanged a hug. She was about Paul’s age, early forties. Her brown hair had the occasional streak showing; Her hug was warm and confident.

“Please, call me Roger,” I told her.

“Let me introduce Jeshan,” she said, indicating the other woman.

Jeshan and Barbara had been hugging. Jeshan looked to be Indian, about five foot six, chunky build with short dark hair. She approached and we hugged.

“Welcome, Doctor Hawthorne,” she told me.

“It’s good to be here,” I told them as I turned to look around. The space we were in had a concrete or rock floor, and a similar ceiling about ten feet high. The area was perhaps forty feet wide and thirty deep, a good sized area. Toward the back were a pair of doors on the left, and to the right a performance kitchen—Wolf range and ovens, large refrigerators, three sinks of various sizes. Lighting was from small halogen bulbs suspended from wire tracks attached to the ceiling. Before us in the mid-part of the space was a wooden table set for six.

“I am starved!” I announced to nobody in particular.

“I’ll wash up,” said David, our pilot.

“Roger, if you’ll come with me for a moment? Barbara, you haven’t been here for a while,” Paul said.

I dropped my coat on the couch nearer the front. Looking at the front a little closer, I saw a twin tracks in the floor and the ceiling, and what looked to be roll-out closures of some kind on the right side.

Paul walked to the orange pole we’d passed on the way in. There was a large button on a box set into the pole about four feet from the base. Paul stood next to it.

“Roger, Barbara, we have a few rules here. The primary one, is that if you ever hear this sound...” He pressed the button and a very loud horn sounded, the light on the top of the pole coming on. I jumped. A few days ago, I would have peed in my pants. Gail, Jeshan, and David came running out. David was drying his hands and tucking his shirt back into his pants. Paul smiled.

“When you hear that sound, anywhere on the island, you stop whatever you are doing—and I most definitely mean what ever you are doing—and get out here as quick as you can. Is that clear?”

“I understand,” I told him.

Paul smiled. “Good. More rules later. Let’s have lunch.”

We sat at the table, alternating boy-girl. I sat between Barbara and Jeshan. We had some kind of seafood, salad, and iced tea.

“This is delicious,” I told them. “What is it, and may I have more?”

Gail laughed. “It’s conch—a local shellfish. Do you have any particular dietary requirements or requests, Doctor Hawthorne?”

I shook my head as I downed some more iced tea. “Before I respond, may I suggest some rules of my own? Requests, at least?”

I looked to Paul, who nodded.

“Please call me Roger, and if you see me doing something dumb, please let me know about it, and don’t bother about being polite.”

Paul put down his fork and looked at Barbara.

“Barbara, are you sure this is your Ph.D. physicist and University professor?”

To chuckles from around the table, I raised my glass and said, “I’ll take that as a compliment.”

Gail said, “Roger, you’re here to rest and enjoy yourselves. We’ll be happy to make suggestions to make your memories positive ones.”

“We haven’t seen you much, David—how’s business?” Paul asked

“Oh, fine—I’ve two more pickups to make today, and tomorrow’s pretty busy. As long as the weather holds out, I’m fine.”

“That was the best landing I’ve experienced in months,” I told him again.

“Thanks,” he told me.

“What would you like to do this afternoon?” Barbara asked, putting a hand on my back.

I leaned back from the table. “Shower, nap—damn—I bet I’m not supposed to get this damn spot wet for a day or so, right?”

Jeshan spoke up. “Oh, a shower is fine—I spoke with Doctor. You shouldn’t remove the dressing or go swimming until tomorrow, but a shower is fine.”

Gail asked Barbara. “Have you decided on which room you’d like, dear?”

Paul said, “We have five guest suites, and you’re welcome to use any of them.”

I smirked at Barbara. “Just not all in the same day...”

That got a round of laughter. Paul raised his glass. “I think you’re going to enjoy your stay!”

Barbara rubbed my back. “Do you like morning sun?”

“I’m from Seattle—what’s that?” I asked innocently. “I’d like to sleep in, at least for a few days,” I added with a smile.

“I think we’ll start out in the blue room,” she said with a smile, still rubbing my back.

“More tea?” Jeshan asked.

“Water, please.”

She refilled my glass.

Finishing a delicious lunch, David said, “I need to get going, if you’ll excuse me. Thanks for another delicious lunch.”

I stood up and shook his hand. Paul said, “I’ll walk you down.”

“Where did our bags go?” I asked Barbara.

“Oh, I imagine Gail and Jeshan took them upstairs. Here she is.”

Gail stood by the double doors. We walked over to her. The doors were surprisingly heavy, and set into heavy walls. More very solid construction! Stairs went up and down, and the hallway continued back. Gail led us up.

“Our rooms, Paul’s and mine, and Jeshan’s, are downstairs. They are off-limits. Of course you can knock or call us at any time if you need something, especially if there’s any kind of emergency. Anywhere else, if a door opens, you’re free to enter. If it doesn’t open, that means stay out. The bedrooms are on the next three levels up.”

The space between floors looked to be two or three feet—of solid looking concrete or rock. Rock faced us on one side of the hallway. We walked down a ways and through another set of double doors.

The room was blue and cool, the lighting dim. Our bags were inside, next to a dresser with a large mirror. A large very inviting bed was to the left of the door, next to it a door into what I guessed was a bathroom. To the right were drapes. Gail walked over to one of the nightstands and pushed a button. The drapes opened to reveal a pool, it was too big to call it a spa, a rectangle twelve or so feet on a side. Beyond that we looked out over the island and out over the ocean.

“Beautiful,” I said, moving closer to Barbara, putting an arm around her.

Gail smiled and moved to the door. “We’ll see you later.” She closed the door behind her.

“Like to shower?” I asked Barbara.

She smiled. “No, I flew down to Miami last night and showered quite early this morning. I’ll freshen up while you’re showering, possibly do a little unpacking.”

I stripped quickly, hanging my clothes over a chair by the dresser. I got my bathroom bag out of my carryon and walked into the bathroom.

Wow—marble and glass, and bigger than my bedroom! Two sinks, a large shower, tub for two and then some, lots of fluffy towels.

The bandage on my right side was a type I hadn’t seen before. Shouldn’t be a surprise, I guess. I looked at the toilet, in an enclosure larger than my first University office, and decided I was on vacation. I turned on the water in the shower, got in, and peed there. I stood under the spray, letting it wash away the miles. It didn’t do much for the other dirty feeling I had.

“How’s that feel?” Barbara asked.

“Great!” I replied. “Sure you won’t join me?”

She growled, “I’ll be waiting for you...”

I showered and washed my hair. I dried off and shaved. The character in the mirror looked tired. The bandage on his side looked out of place. At least the bruises had pretty much faded. I hung the towel over the shower enclosure and waved to him.

The lights in the bedroom were dimmer and the drapes still open. I looked to the bed, and saw Barbara smiling up at me, moving sensuously under the sheet. Parts of me weren’t tired...

I slid between smooth soft sheets, closing my eyes as I let my hands and then my mouth find a warm, soft, receptive body. Her skin was soft, warm, perfumed, and inviting. Our lips connected as the rest of our bodies did. We kissed and explored. She pushed me to my back, sliding on top of me.

She was hot and wet as we slid together, and her weight on top of me was divine. I wasn’t going to last long, and I didn’t give a damn. I held her, felt her, and let things happen.

We rolled apart a little bit. She moved to her back, and slid up to her side. I found a nipple and wrapped myself around her. She wrapped her arms around my head, holding me in place. I sighed, not even needing to hold on.

I woke up still in her embrace.

“Going to stay there the rest of the day?” she asked, moving my head a little.

In response I snuggled in closer. Her nipple seemed to think it was a good idea. She sighed and held me, moving a bit. I drifted off again.

I woke up as she moved me to the other side. After a few minutes she said, “We can continue after dinner, I promise...”

My stomach heard that, and grumbled. I squeezed her, burying my head between her breasts, kissing her, filling myself with her perfume.

She squeezed me again. I let go, even though she rolled away from me.

“Meanie...” I whispered.

She chuckled and moved closer, kissing.

We got up and got “dressed.” Looking out over the pool, it looked to be a while before sunset. I put on underwear, shorts, and a short sleeved top. She wore undies and a bra, shorts, and a blouse. We kissed and hugged again before we went downstairs.

“Dinner in half an hour?” Gail greeted us as we walked by the kitchen.

“That would be grand,” I answered.

“Something to drink?” I asked Barbara.

“White wine?”

“And you, Roger?” Gail asked.

“Water for me right now, thanks.”

I handed a wineglass to Barbara, and accepted a tall glass of ice water. I walked out, down to the landing, and over to the left where I saw Paul sitting in a chair next to a small table.

“Good evening,” I said as I approached.

He was sipping a glass of iced tea, watching the sun go down. “Well, good evening—didn’t know if we’d see you until morning.”

I smiled and sat down next to him. “My stomach insisted.”

He nodded.

After a few minutes, my curiosity got the better of me. “What do you do for power, water?”

Paul took another sip, and refilled his glass from the pitcher on the table. “Care for some?”

I held my glass over and he filled it.

“We’re pretty well set up. We have our own reverse osmosis plant for water, with storage tanks. LPG and diesel storage tanks as well. For electricity, we have a large array of solar cells and batteries, plus backup generators.”

“That uniform green area I saw near the center of the island?”

“Very observant, yes—I can give you the tour if you like. We also have heat exchangers up there, to cool the photovoltaics, and provide preheating for hot water. We also have wired and satellite communications.”

“How about food?”

He smiled. “We have bulk freezers and refrigerators for storage deeper inside the island. We could go about three months without resupply if need be, but we get regular shipments—fresh produce, flowers, that kind of thing. Oh, we also do our own sewage treatment. Why?”

I shook my head. “Why do I have the feeling your little paradise could stand up to anything short of precision guided munitions?”

He nodded again. “If you’re concerned, we are very secure, and portions are well hardened indeed.”

I shook my head. “Not concerned, just an observation. The ‘clinic’ I visited earlier today was a fortress as well, somewhat disguised, but a fortress nonetheless.”

“Something our clients find comforting.”

“And your clients are, if I may pry?”

He smiled. “For the most part, people with more money than sense, looking to escape.”

I looked out to the sunset and took a sip of tea. “Hard to escape from yourself...”

“You got that right... Sure you’re a physicist?”

I laughed. “We should be close to dinner.”

Dinner was simple but good. In response to Gail’s questioning, I told her I didn’t agree with Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, and their close relations, but other than that, I was an omnivore.

When I asked about schedules, she smiled. They had breakfast in the morning, lunch around mid-day, and dinner around eight. If we were there, fine.

Jeshan told us she would be available for daily massages, and wanted to check me daily in any event to make sure I was healing. Fine, in the morning. Barbara chuckled and said she’d manage to get away from me long enough for a massage.

After dinner, Gail and Paul showed us the liquor cabinet, with a wide range of after-dinner drinks. One of the other house rules was no glass left this level. Barbara asked for a glass of armagnac—I poured some for her, and a little for me. I was familiar with after-dinner drinks, I just didn’t have them very often. The stuff we had was very good, almost evaporating in your mouth.

Our hosts bid us goodnight and headed downstairs. We headed upstairs.

“Mind if I have a soak?” Barbara asked.

“Not at all,” I replied as we undressed.

She gave me an impish look as she slipped into the pool, going in to shoulder-deep. I sat on the edge, then slipped in, sitting on a step, keeping the bandage on my side high and dry. The water was lukewarm.

“I though we’d have a lot of bugs,” I mentioned.

She looked beautiful in the water. Of course, she looked beautiful out of the water. “Oh, they’re here—you’ll notice them if you’re outside and the wind dies down, and especially around sunrise and sunset. Inside, there are air curtains or something like that at the openings, positive pressure, that keeps them out. Paul can explain it to you if you’re interested. We have screens we can close to keep out bugs yet let in the light.”

“Barbara... I hope you don’t mind, when I hold you...”

She slid over next to me, moving between my legs, her breasts moving against me.

“Roger, I like it at least as much as you do. You need to be a little more gentle some times...”

“All you have to do is squeeze me and tell me...”

She wrapped her arms around me. My cock was bulging between her breasts. “What do you need, Roger?”

“You on your back, please...”

I helped her out of the pool. “I’ll be right back,” she said, gathering a towel and walking into the bathroom.

She returned, wearing a terrycloth robe. “Where would you like me?”

I took her hand and moved her to the foot of the bed. I tossed one of the big pillows on to the very hard floor. I went down on my knees and spread her legs. As I started kissing the insides of her thighs, she sighed and leaned back on the bed.

She was delicious. I loved hearing her, and the way her legs muffled and amplified the sound at the same time.

She started pulling at my head, pulling me up. I sat up and rolled her to her stomach, flipping up her robe. Her bottom looked so soft and inviting. I slid into her, leaning forward and biting the back of her neck. I didn’t last long, but enjoyed every moment.

We managed to crawl into bed. I snuggled in again, and felt her arms wrap around me.

It was dark when I woke. I found my way to the bathroom and sat on the can. I drank a large glass of water, then returned to bed. As I relaxed on my back, she curled up next to me, her head on my chest. I put an arm around her. Her contented sigh filled me with joy.

I woke partially, arms pulling me closer. I snuggled in. “Gentle, gentle,” she whispered, holding me tighter for a moment and melting me into her.

I was still in twilight as we made love, the twilight of her embrace. We snuggled again afterwards.

“We should get up.”

“Why?” she asked, pulling my head closer again. I sighed and let her hold me, drifting off.

“I need to get up,” I whispered a while later.

“Why?” she asked, squeezing me. I sighed and let go to her.

“I need to pee, and I’m thirsty.”

She moved me to her other breast. “Meanie... If you insist.”

She was on her back again, with me curled up at her side. I moved a hand to her center, teasing her gently. She warmed up to that; soon we were moving in synchrony. I had to concentrate when she squeezed me—all I want to do when that happens is hold on. Her breathing quickened, accompanied by soft noises. Her soft noises turned into a moan and a shudder. She moved my hand to her waist, and wrapped her arms around my head once more.

She let go of me a bit later, and I got away, but not before kissing her on the head.

I visited the bathroom, cleaned up a bit, and got “dressed,” wearing a pair of shorts that doubled as swim trunks, and a short-sleeved shirt. I headed downstairs. One of the kitchen clocks showed it was a little after ten in the morning. I was looking over the bowl of fruit when Jeshan appeared.

“Good morning. You slept well?”

“Very well, thank you.”

“Would this be a good time?”

I looked at the fruit. “Yes, why not.”

She had an infectious smile. “Why don’t we go to my office then.”

I followed her back through the double doors and down the corridor.

“Here we have a business office, if you need to use it,” she pointed out as we walked by.

Her “office” was next to it. Part of it was set up for massage, the other part was a medical office which included some interesting equipment—I recognized the portable defibrillator on the wall, the EKG machine; she walked over to another piece of equipment and turned it on.

She patted the exam table. “If you would remove your shirt and recline on your left side, we’ll see how you’re healing.”

Getting closer, the gadget she’d turned on was an ultrasound machine. “We’ll wait for it to warm up,” she said. As I took off my shirt, she added, “The head actually heats up so it’s closer to body temperature.”

As I stretched out, she asked, “Any discomfort from the site?” I felt a cool hand on my right side.

“No,” I answered.

I answered a little too soon—she yanked the bandage off in one quick motion. “Until just now,” I added.

She sprayed something over the area which took away the burn. “The quick way is usually the best. Let’s take a look.”

She moved the instrument cart so I could see the display. She looked at the outer incision, which was healing nicely. She scanned the area on the inside of my ribs, looking for signs of infection, and there weren’t any. She also checked blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.

As we moved back to the massage side of her office, I asked her, “You seem concerned about something.”

She nodded. “You are physically active, yes?”

I nodded. “Compared to most, yes.”

“How flexible are you? Do this for me, please.” She raised her hands overhead, palms touching, and leaned to one side. “Crescent moon,” I said, doing as the yoga teachers had tried to teach me—hands overhead, but keep the shoulders down, lean with an exhale, up with an inhale, lean to the other side with an exhale. “I can feel something tugging on the right side,” I told her.

She nodded. “Touch your toes, please?”

That was easy. I bent forward, keeping my back straight, and put my palms on the floor with ease. When I raised up, I could practically hear Donna’s voice, “roll up vertebra by vertebra, unwinding, chin to the chest and the last to raise...”

Jeshan smiled. “Very good! I am concerned that adhesions could form on the right involving the intercostals. We can work on preventing this, and you should work through a full range of motion each day for the next few weeks. Now if you would disrobe for me, we can get started.”

She pounced on me with vigor, working deep on muscles and fascia, reminding me of the Rolfing series I’d done a few years earlier.

When we were done and I got up, I thanked her. She looked at me and shook her head, almost laughing. “Oh Roger! I can also do a more relaxing massage—later today, you’ll see.”

I smiled and nodded. “What you did was superb—a few more days of that will help me greatly.”

She nodded, looking amused. “We have time for both—you are the only two guests we have.”

“Thank you again—I look forward to both kinds of work.”

I got dressed and headed out.

I stuck my head in the “office” for a moment. Two fax machines, two computers—a Dell and a top-of-the-line Power Mac, laser and color printers, two phones. Efficient in a small space.

Rather than head back to the kitchen, I let my nose lead me the other way, passing Jeshan’s domain once more. I came to a set of industrial-looking double doors on my left, and a set of double-doors about twenty feet down the hall which looked as if they’d go outside.

Peeking in the industrial ones, I saw a commercial kitchen—very nice setup.

The other double doors led out onto a very nice patio area. I was standing in a large area covered by a shade cloth. To the left was a large pool, about half of it covered by the shade, and half uncovered. Paul was skimming stuff off the top of the pool.

“Good morning!” he called out. “Sleep well?”

I walked over to him and shook his hand. “Very well, thank you. Jeshan just checked me and worked me over.”

He raised an eyebrow. “And now you’re ready to collapse for a while...”

I looked at the pole he had in his hands, and the open area behind me.

“Not quite, in fact I’ve got an unusual request, if you don’t mind.”

“Try me—no harm in asking.”

“Thanks. I’d like to use a wood or bamboo pole, that size or a little smaller in diameter, oh five feet long, and another one, about half the diameter, about three feet, a meter long, if you had something like that.”

He thought for a moment, his eyes going up and to his left. With a smile he said, “Be back in about ten minutes. Oh, if you want to use the pool, rinse off first, it’s easier on the filters. Towels are in the bin over there.” He pointed to a large plastic garden bin.

“Got it,” I told him.

He headed off.

I walked back to the shaded area. From one end I could look out to the little harbor area with the dock where we’d come in yesterday. Very pretty blue water—bet they had some snorkels and fins I could use. Turning around, I could visualize the area we were in filled with tables and chairs, and an assortment of people. I laughed—I could hear them bitching and complaining, even in a place like this, bringing their demons with them. Of course, what demons had I brought with me?

I ditched the sandals and my shirt. I stood and bowed to the ocean, then started practicing kata.

I moved slowly at first, feeling the motion, feeling Jeshan’s work. I let the kata do me.

I was breathing and moving much more freely when I saw Paul approaching. I bowed to the ocean and walked over to him.

“That’s what I thought,” he said. “Will these do?”

He handed me a nice looking staff, and... “Shinai—where did you get a kendo sword?” I asked him as I handled the bamboo sword. It was old, and needed some care.

“Left over from some visitors a number of years ago. I might still have a shorter wood one around; I’ll get a chance to look for it later.”

I smiled and shook my head. “These are superb. Thank you very much.”

“You’re quite welcome. I’ll call you for lunch.”

I wanted to play with the sword—I’d watched some Kendo practices and competitions in Japan, and studied it a bit, but not really seriously. It was longer than the usual bokken, practice sword, used in Aikido and similar arts, really meant for two-hand work.

It was old and well-used. Cloth tape on the handle had been applied in layers. This sword had seen much practice. “I am honored to meet you,” I told the sword in Japanese.

The shinai isn’t tapered at the tip—we moved differently together. We practiced together, the shinai and I, learning to become one.

I saw Barbara walk out. I completed the kata, and bowed to the sea.

“Hello there! Come to gather me for lunch?” She was wearing a wrap over a two-piece bathing suit. I gave her a hug and a kiss.

“Yes, but I could have watched you practice some more.”

“Oh, there will be time for that. That was fun!”

She laughed and felt my back. “I can tell—you’re smiling again.”

I put an arm around her waist. “Wasn’t I smiling when I was in your arms?”

“Oh you were—but that was a different kind of smile. I like that one too...”

I went to the bin Paul had indicated earlier and took out two towels. I folded them and used them for stands for the shinai and the staff, placing them facing the ocean and bowing once more. Then I got up and put on my shirt.

“Why do you do that?” she asked.

“What? Bow?”

“Yes, and put the sticks like that.”

I put an arm around her. “To show respect. The sword I was using is old, and has seen a lot of practice. If I treat it with respect, it will teach me well.”

She gave me a curious look and put her arm around me. We headed to lunch.

Lunch was a very tasty salad, with conch in it. I had half a glass of white wine with Barbara, and a lot of water.

“Would you like the schedule for this afternoon?” Barbara asked me as we were sitting around the table. Paul had taken off , and Gail was in the kitchen cleaning up. Jeshan was nowhere to be seen.

“There’s a schedule? I was hoping to get a nap, and not alone.”

She smiled and moved closer, putting a hand on my back. “That’s good... We can go back to the big pool if you like, but later on, you get another massage, I get one, and we get our nap.”

“Mmm... I like that. I can practice some more.”

Her hand on my back became a little more insistent. “You should save your energy—Jeshan told me you wanted a nice relaxing massage, and that’s what you’re going to get. And that’s what she’s going to do for me as well, but I’m warning you—her massages leave me relaxed and very, very aroused...” She leaned over to breathe heavily in my ear.

I moved a hand to her legs, stroking softly. “We could go somewhere and I could help you...”

“I want you to save your energy for later...”

“I bet you’re as tasty now as you were last night...”

She chuckled in my ear. “Let’s go to the pool...”

She led me, erection and all, back to the pool. “Stay in the shady part,” she reminded me as she slipped into the water.

I put my shirt on a lounge and got in. The water was warm and refreshing. I caught up to her, pulling her to me. Her legs went around me as we moved into a kiss.

“I could put you up on the edge of the pool and devour you,” I whispered in her ear.

“Mmm... That would be nice,” she mused, kissing my neck.

“Well, here, or wherever you like...”

“We can go upstairs in a while...”

We kissed more and she swam off. I must have given her quite the look, because she stopped and laughed. “Oh Roger! I want to stretch out a bit!”

I laughed as well. The pool was shallow, at least in the shaded end, with a gentle deepening slope. I moved so I was in up to my neck, and started practicing again. It was a lot different, moving through the water. I could feel some things a lot more.

Barbara swam up to me, wrapping herself around me again. After we kissed, she said, “You were looking serious—I needed to rescue you.”

I hugged her. “I was having fun! Really!” I hooked my fingers into the back of her swimsuit top. That startled her initially, but she responded with a tongue in my ear.

“Time to go in?” I asked, double meanings intended.

She chuckled in my ear and turned me. Jeshan was standing by the doors. “I think so...” Then to Jeshan she called out, “The usual place?” Jeshan nodded. Barbara said, “We’ll be up in a few minutes.” Jeshan turned and went back inside.

“Time to get dried off,” she told me.

But she didn’t want my help getting dry, even though I tried...

Mostly dried off, with towels wrapped around us, we went back inside. To my surprise, though, we went upstairs, up three flights. “Are we in a skyscraper?” I asked as we headed up the stairs.

“It’s built into the side of the island. Ask Paul to see the photos they took of the construction; it really is something.”

We went through another set of very solid double doors and down a long hallway to another set of doors. The hallway was rock on the top, bottom, and my right side, and windows on the left looking out over the island and out into the ocean. The view was spectacular.

A carpeted office was on the other side of the doors, complete with desk, chairs, and a couch with windows over it. We went through the door on the other side of the office and into a room that was light and airy, with windows on three sides. The room must be sticking out of the island. A large bed with various pillows was against the wall. Jeshan was sitting in a chair next to a massage table. Unlike the room we’d been in last night, this one had a telephone next to the bed, a very business-like table and chair on the other side of the room with its own phone, and a cabinet that probably had a television in it. The floor was carpeted, with a thick pad underneath.

Barbara kissed me on the neck. “I’m going to shower. Enjoy your massage.” I gave her a hug before she got away.

“How are you feeling?” Jeshan asked me.

I smiled. “Very good, thank you. If we could tomorrow, I’d like more of the same deep work we did earlier, especially on my upper back, and my hips.”

She beamed. “Of course, I’d be very happy to. But for now, I‘ve been asked to give you a very relaxing massage.” She turned serious for a moment. “I do not do anything sexual,” she told me. Then with her smile returning, “Is there anything in particular you find relaxing?”

I slipped off my shirt. “Yes—coach my breathing, and as I exhale, tell me to relax. Press on my upper back, my shoulders, and tell me to relax. When I’m on my back, work on my head and neck and turn me to jelly—I’m sure you know how.”

She nodded. “I’ll let you get on the table, towel over you, and we’ll begin.”

She stepped out and I arranged myself on the table, sans trunks, pulling the towel over my rear. I was feeling a little cold; the room was air-conditioned.

I heard the door again, and felt her warm muscular hands on my back. She felt along my shoulder blades. “Yes, we can free up quite a bit in here, but that will be for tomorrow.”

She started with long gliding strokes. I’m used to massages, and to matching my breathing to whoever is working on me. But with Jeshan, I deepened my breathing and we meshed together. After the third or fourth stroke where I exhaled as she pressed down on my upper back, I felt her hair brush me and she whispered, “Relax,” as she pressed down. I let go. Twice more and I was floating.

I remember when she had me on my back and started working my neck and the back of my head, I moaned. Something soft and scented covered my eyes. A sheet was over me, and I knew I was tenting it. Jeshan whispered, “Relax” in my ear and I sighed, letting go again to her hands at the back of my head. Barbara’s voice joined in my other ear.

I woke some to motion—the bed I was on moved a bit. I reached up to move the thing covering my eyes, but was interrupted by a warm, soft body on top of mine. I slid my arms around her and we kissed as parts of me woke up fast. I managed to get her on her back, and slid down her body. The tops of her breasts were perfumed, and more delicious than before, but I didn’t stop there for long, even though I had to work out of her enticing grasp to go lower.

I could smell her as I moved between her legs—she was hot, wet, and delicious. I devoured her, reveling in the sensations. My back was cool where it was exposed to the air, and the inside of her thighs were hot as they pressed into my ears and on to my shoulders. She rocked and buckled beneath me, her cries of ecstasy at the same time muffled and amplified by her thighs squeezing me tight. I slipped a finger inside her, hooking it back, and thought for a moment she was going to shake us off the bed, but her hands found my head, holding me, urging me, until she shook again and her hands slipped away.

I kissed her, enjoying her taste and scent, and started kissing my way up her body. I paused to rest my head on the soft little pillow below her navel before continuing. I slid up her, taking her left nipple as I slid my hands under her, turning us so she was partially on top of me. As we rolled, her arms came to life again, holding me to her.

She held me, squeezed me, and got me on my back. We plunged together and I felt her tremble around me again as she held my head in place. She rode me as she held me. I moaned as I felt myself approaching the point of no return. Her motion changed, the way she held me changed, slowing and drawing me over the edge. She let go of my head and I gasped in air.

We rolled to the side a bit, and as my gasping subsided, she pulled me to her again. I grabbed the cover we were laying on, and pulled it atop us as we snuggled together.

A strange sound in the distance—ring, ring—a telephone, Continental style. She moved out of my grasp and intercepted the next set of rings. “Yes?” She laughed softly. “We’ll be down, thank you.”

Then I was in her embrace again, held to her softness and perfume. I accepted her gift hungrily.

“You’re insatiable... We have an hour before dinner.”

I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her partially on top of me again. She sighed and held me.

We got up a few minutes later. We’d been on a large terry bedcover, so the rest of the bedding was unscathed, much to my amusement.

“Would you like to spend the night here?” she asked, moving close.

“If that’s where you’ll be, certainly,” I told her, kissing her neck. I moved us closer to the bed and started to sit down, but she pulled us to the bathroom.

“Oh no you don’t—dinner tonight is special, and I don’t want to miss it!”

I moved quickly and blew a raspberry in her navel. She shrieked and started laughing, so I did it again, with more vigor.

We ended up on the bed again, and I slid into her, pulling her legs up and putting her calves on my shoulders. I picked up her bottom and slid a pillow under her, holding her waist as I pounded into her. Neither of us lasted very long.

Letting go of her legs, sliding down and kissing her, I asked, “Shower with me?”

She sighed with a satiated smile. “If that’s where you’ll be, of course...”

The shower had three shower heads, and was grand. We washed each other, and I started going down on her again. She pulled me up, and I tried to stay at her breasts. “You are insatiable!”

“And you are delicious!” I told her, pushing her against the side of the shower and kissing her.

We made it downstairs for dinner. When we went through the double doors, I could smell it—lamb.

“I haven’t had lamb in I don’t know how long!” I said as we walked to the table.

Gail nodded with a smile. “New Zealand lamb, and if you like lamb, we have some superb Indian dishes we can do.”

“By all means!”

Dinner was rack of lamb, potatoes, salad, red wine. Simple, elegant, delicious.

“Thank you for a wonderful massage,” Barbara told Jeshan.

“Yes, thank you—I enjoyed both very much,” I added.

Paul gave me a raised eyebrow. “You like the knuckle and elbow-in-the-back stuff?”

I smiled and raised my wineglass to Jeshan. “Oh, it can be intense, but it helps quite a bit.”

Jeshan smiled. “And now I know how to help you through the intense moments...”

The memory of her squeezing the back of my neck and whispering ... I almost dropped my wineglass. My hands went cold as I set it down.

Barbara’s hand went to my back. Somehow, I didn’t flinch. “Roger? What is it?”

I closed my eyes briefly, taking a breath and letting it out. I picked up a lamb bone and chewed on the end a bit. I wiped my right hand on my napkin and held Barbara’s hand. “Not important now—a memory.”

I picked up my wineglass. “Thank you all for superb hospitality.”

We finished our dinner, the table quieter. I was painfully aware that I’d spooked folks, and did my best to downplay it. I talked to Jeshan about working my upper back, and asked Paul what time the sun came up. Table banter returned, and even started to feel relaxed.

Paul and Gail insisted on clearing the table. “Crème Brûlée for dessert?” Gail asked. I rolled my eyes and smiled. “I’m in heaven...”

Gail laughed. “I’m glad—oh shit, Paul, I don’t know if I have enough gas. We may need another canister.”

That got my interest. I turned and looked to the kitchen. Gail had a gas torch in her hand.

“Never seen this? Come watch,” she said.

I got up, and Barbara followed, arm around my waist.

Gail had five little custard cups sitting on a large cookie sheet. She lit the torch. “We keep a bunch of these made up and in the freezer. The only thing you have to do is caramelize the sugar, which is done like this...” She adjusted the flame, played it deftly over each cup, and turned off the torch. “And just in time—we’ll need another canister, honey—I think that was my spare.”

“On my list,” Paul told her.

I devoured mine, and used a finger to clean out the bowl.

Gail laughed. “I can fix you another—we have plenty.”

I shook my head. “No, please—one is plenty—for tonight, at least!”

“Restraint is not something we hear commonly,” Gail chuckled.

Paul swirled the last of his wine. “Oh, I don’t know—there were those folks from San Francisco...”

Now Gail laughed and shook her head.

“I don’t think I want to know,” I muttered.

“Oh?” Barbara whispered hotly in my ear.

Paul hopped up. “I’ll help you clean up.”

“So will I,” Jeshan added.

“Walk with me?” Barbara asked.

“Sure.”

I poured each of us an after-dinner drink, in nice looking plastic. As we walked to the steps, Barbara opened a cabinet and took out a small hand-held radio. To my questioning look, she said, “We’re probably just going down to the dock, but if you’re going out of sight of the house, you need to take one.” I nodded.

We walked down to the dock, and a little off to the right. Not surprisingly, there was a little rock outcropping with a table and a bench. We sat down. We held hands.

After a few minutes I asked, “Would you like to know?”

She smiled and nodded. “What happened at dinner? Yes, if you want to tell me.”

I sighed. “Another piece of the puzzle—the thing in my side.”

Her brow furrowed. “Yes?”

“Don’t think it was Hammond, or Doctor Richards. Think it was the physical therapy crew.”

“How?” she asked.

I took another sip of my stuff—high octane, and good. “Jeshan reminding me—relaxing me—I remember another voice, the voice of the gal who led the so-called physical therapy. Oh they did that, but I remember her voice taking me deeper at the end, a hissing noise, and specifically remember her voice whispering in my left ear, telling me that any pain in my right side was from memories of my father.”

She nodded. “That’s incredible. What do you want to do?”

I shrugged. “I figure I should talk to Hammond—beard him on the whole thing, and if he didn’t do it, then he’s got more rats than he thought. What do you think?”

She shook her head. “I have a specialist I’d really like you to work with. From what we knew already, she’s very interested as well.”

I was uncertain, and it undoubtedly showed. “I don’t know.”

She nodded. “I understand. I’ve worked with her personally. She’s very skilled, and very compassionate. She has my complete trust.”

Trust—an interesting term. I wasn’t sure how I felt about that any more. I’d trusted Christie. Did I still? Would I still? “Where is she?” I asked, to keep things rolling.

“Madame Dumay is in Paris.”

I nodded. “This is a wonderful time of year to visit Paris.”

Barbara looked at me in shock and dismay. “So gray and cold!”

I smiled. “And so free of tourists! I remember the first time I saw the Hall of Mirrors, on a gray day in February... It was spectacular.”

She looked in my eyes. “It would be, with you.”

My glass was empty. “I need to be held,” I told her softly.

She nodded slightly. “So do I.”

I could hear the emotion in her whisper. “I’ll hold you,” I said, drawing her into my arms.

After a while we headed back inside. We dropped off our empty glasses and went upstairs.

A few minutes later found us in bed, with me on my back and Barbara curled up next to me.

I woke in the dark, got up, and spent a few minutes on the toilet. When I finished, I stood in front of the windows, looking out at the night sky. The stars were gorgeous. I remembered visiting a colleague in New Zealand a few years earlier, the beauty of the night sky, and especially, the Southern Cross.

I had a sabbatical coming—where did I want to go? I could go to Geneva, or Boulder, or New Zealand. Why did I want to go? I had students who loved me, well not literally, but I was appreciated both in the classroom and the dojo. What had I said to Paul? It’s hard to outrun your own demons. Go sit Zen for a few months? Or find a skullcracker? Geneva to Paris and back was easy, if the person Barbara mentioned was good. Christie, oh Christie—you opened up so much in me.

I turned and saw Barbara sitting up in bed. She got up and came to my side.

“What can I do?” she whispered.

“Nothing, just thinking,” I whispered back, putting an arm around her waist.

She kissed my shoulder, then stepped away, into the bathroom. When she returned to my side, I could smell her perfume. “Would you like me to help you stop thinking for a while?”

I turned to her. “Yes, please.”

Back in bed, she pulled me to her chest. “Use me, please,” I whispered. She held and squeezed me until I was delirious, then rolled me to my back and used me. Hearts still beating fast, she held me again, rocking gently, leaving no room for silly things like thoughts.

I woke to early morning sun. I kissed her as I got out of bed; she smiled and snuggled in. I cleaned up in the bathroom a bit, then put on my trunks, a shirt, and got my sandals. I headed downstairs.

I wasn’t sure what time it was; the sun was just coming up. That was strange, seeing the sun come up over the water. Part of that Left Coast reference frame, I suppose—I was used to seeing the sun set on the water. Well, we could watch both here.

I headed outside to the pool area. I took off my shirt and sandals, picked up the staff, and started in.

I don’t know if it’s a bad habit or not; after a while, I let my eyes close so I could better focus on kata. There was a three foot or so textured border on the area I was using for practice, so like being on the mat, I had a kinesthetic sense of where I was, and if I was getting close to an edge.

Something told me I wasn’t alone. I completed the kata, facing where I though my visitor would be, and opened my eyes, staff raised.

Paul was standing there, a plastic cup in hand. “Good morning,” he said. “Hope I didn’t disturb you.”

I lowered the staff and bowed. “Not at all. I think I’m ready for a dip in the pool.”

I bowed to the “front” of my impromptu practice area, replacing the staff, then walked over to the side of the pool.

“Would you mind if I videotaped you practicing?” Paul asked.

“Not at all. If it turns out good, I may want a copy, though.”

“That’s not a problem. Don’t think I’ve seen anyone as smooth...”

I sighed as I stepped under the outside shower and rinsed. “There are a couple of old guys in Japan that make me look like a twitching fool...” Was it time for me to go back and study with them? Alternate practice with sitting Zen?

Too much thinking—I dove into the pool and swam to the far end. The water was refreshing.

Paul started skimming debris out of the pool at the other end. I looked up again into the sky.

“Are we going to have rain? Those look like storm clouds,” I asked.

He nodded, moving slowly and with economy as he skimmed the pool. I smiled—he was moving with ki, from his center. He’s had some training somewhere.

“Yep, probably this afternoon. Not uncommon for this time of the year. I haven’t looked at the satellite pics this morning, but I don’t think we’re in for anything nasty yet.”

“Yet?” I asked.

He looked at me and nodded. “This is hurricane season. We usually have a few days notice, though.”

“That’s comforting,” I said, swimming on my back, using my arms.

“Oh, we’ve ridden out plenty of storms. It can get quite interesting.”

“I’ll reserve judgment on that,” I told him.

“A good idea...”

He cleaned the pool as I swam. He left, and I continued swimming. I worked slow in the water, long strokes. There was a good indoor pool in Geneva, and an active Aikido club. Paris, Arosa, Munich all reachable by train.

I was starting to feel winded. I moved to the shallower area and stood, practicing kata again, slow and smooth.

I got out and dried, collecting my shirt and sandals. I put the sword and staff inside the doors where they’d stay dry.

“Good morning!” Jeshan called to me in the hallway.

“Good morning,” I replied.

“Have you eaten yet?”

“No, I’ve been outside.”

“Oh, good and warmed up?”

“Yes, very. Would this be a good time?”

“I think so!” We walked to her domain. She pointed me to a bathroom with a stall shower only a little larger than my entire bathroom at home. “Why don’t you use the toilet, then shower to get off the chlorine.”

I did as requested. The shower felt good. I towel dried my hair, pulling it back into a ponytail.

“Let’s see how you’re healing,” Jeshan said with a smile.

I plopped down on the exam table and she ran the ultrasound wand over me again. “Looks good,” she said.

“Mind if I try?” I asked her.

“Not at all. I’ll help you guide the probe.”

I looked at the area again. She fiddled with controls to adjust depth and contrast.

“See, right there?” she pointed to the screen, a density difference in a rib. “That’s a break from a number of years ago. From the looks of it, I’d say it was an impact from an edge, or something small.”

“Oh, I remember that one—an instructor caught me with a staff,” I told her. “How about the ribs on the other side?”

We looked at the left side. After a bit, I could start to tell what the display was showing me.

“Anything else?” she asked.

“Nope, think that’s about it.”

“Lie back—let me scan your abdomen.”

I reclined back. The warm probe head felt interesting, sliding over its coating of goo.

“You do not have an appendix—and I see no scars from its removal,” she said after a bit.

“Born without one—the genetics people at the University are trying to track that one down. There’s also some other things they say are on the edge of normal variations; I don’t remember what offhand.”

“Yes, I can see that. Well, very interesting, but let’s get to work on the table in the other room. I’d like to work in your groin, as well as in your hips, inner and outer, and your shoulders.”

“Sounds like fun,” I said, sitting up.

She raised an eyebrow.

I laughed. “I expect it to be intense. Coach my breathing, and help me relax. The woman I go to regularly works my psoas occasionally. You need to get me relaxed first, or I’ll go twitchy on you.”

She nodded. “I understand.” Then with a big smile, she added, “It’s not often I get to use these skills—I appreciate it very much.”

I bowed slightly to her. “I appreciate it as well—no matter what noises I make while it’s happening!”

She started on outer hips, hip rotators, then moved to inner hips. It was intense. She was very good.

“Let’s pause for a bit,” she said, putting her hands on my stomach. My left leg was twitching a bit. I felt a hand on my thigh, calming the muscles.

She moved to the side, and returned to me with an eyeshade. “Let’s try this,” she said, putting the shade over my eyes. It was warm and scented, slightly weighted, and blocked out the light.

Her hands moved to the back of my neck. “Take a deep breath for me, slow... That’s it, now exhale ... and relax...”

She soon had me drifting, her voice coming from far away. I felt as if I was rocking, even though I knew I was on a table. Her voice coached me as she worked on my inner hips and abdomen, finally turning me to my back. Her elbows plowing through the intermediate layers of muscle along my spine felt delicious, sending me deeper and more relaxed with each exhale.

“Thank you,” I whispered, feeling a hand on my chest.

“Take your time getting up,” she said. I heard the door open and close. I sighed, tingling a bit from one end to the other. I extended my arms straight out from my shoulders and pulled my right knee to my chest. I rolled on to my left hip, letting my right knee hang over the edge of the massage table, twisting my spine. As I inhaled, I felt the right leg rise a little, and as I exhaled, relaxing, I felt it drop a bit more. I could feel the reward of the hard, sometimes intense work. Returning to my back, I pulled both knees to my chest, stretching out my lower back again, then settling on the right side, left knee hanging over the edge. I relaxed into it, letting my breath and gravity do the work. After knees-to-chest once more, I settled into reclined butterfly, feet together and pulled up, knees wide. I could feel the difference.

Time to get up—I was thirsty, among other things. I got up slowly, then got dressed and headed for the kitchen.

“Good morning!” Gail called out. “Breakfast?”

“Just some juice, please,” I told her.

As she poured me a glass of orange juice, she said, “You know, I haven’t seen Jeshan this happy in quite a while—not since we had two tennis pros visiting.”

“Oh?” I asked. The juice was cold and refreshing.

She nodded. “You’re giving her a challenge—someone who takes care of his body, and appreciates that aspect of her work.”

I rolled my shoulders—still needed some work there; she’d spent a lot of time on my hips and low back, and I could feel it. “I appreciate her talents. Barbara not up yet?”

Gail chuckled. “Oh, not for another hour. She really likes to sleep in.”

I felt a stirring... “I think I’ll go wake her,” I said, putting down the empty glass.

Gail chuckled again. “See you for lunch!”

I paused along the walkway—dark clouds gathering; we were definitely in for rain. That brought a smile to my face—we’d just have to spend more time entertaining ourselves indoors.

Barbara was on her back in bed, almost diagonally. She was wearing eyeshades. Her left arm and shoulder were on top of the sheet. I could pull the sheet down a bit, and....

But once undressed, I took a different approach. I pulled the sheet out from the foot of the bed and slid up between the sheets and between her legs. She moved a bit with the first kiss I placed on her calf. She moved more as I kissed her thighs. A hand rested on my head as I moved to her center.

She was tangy and warm. She came with a shudder and a low moan, her legs remaining close by me, but not gripping me as she’d done in the past. I kissed her mound and slid up her body, stopping at a nipple. I wrapped myself around her, settling in as her arms wound their way around my head.

I partially awoke to fresh perfume, a tight nipple in my mouth, and a hand wandering my body. As I took a deep breath and slid my hands up her back to hold her, she moved on top of me, taking me deep inside her. I held on as best I could, coming quickly and intensely. She held me afterwards, rocking me gently.

When I woke up I heard rain hitting the windows. I stretched a bit, kissing the side of her breast. Her arms wound around me again, and she sighed as she squeezed me.

“We’re getting into a rut,” I whispered, delighting to the sound of her heart beating.

“Oh Roger...”

“And I could do this for a long, long time,” I said, kissing her lightly, settling in.

She sighed again and squeezed me.

“Have we missed lunch?” I asked later as we separated and sat up.

She leaned over and whispered, “I don’t think so.” She had the most curious look on her face.

“What is it, Barbara?”

She sighed and moved closer.

I put an arm around her. “You are so good to me,” I told her.

“It’s what you deserve, at least,” she replied.

We got cleaned up and dressed. As I was waiting for her, I stood next to the windows. The rain was really coming down, but I could see blue sky off in the distance. Barbara stepped up beside me, and we headed down to lunch.

Stepping into the corridor between our suite and the main part of the place, I was really surprised—the rain was pelting the windows along the side of the corridor, and it was loud! Yet it barely made a sound in our room! When we got downstairs, clear windows covered most of the front opening, leaving the doorway open. I could feel and hear the wind and rain—it was storming like mad out!

“We were just about to start,” Gail said.

“Winter frost?” I asked. Both she and Paul were wearing sweat pants and long sleeved sweat shirts.

Gail laughed. “It sure seems that way! You sure get used to the warm weather.”

Lunch was delicious. Partway through, Paul asked, “Like to take a walk after lunch?”

I looked at him. “In this? I did see blue sky off in the distance.”

He chuckled. “We’ll be inside almost all the time. And I expect sunshine tomorrow. I need to check out the solar collectors—water is backing up somewhere.”

I glanced to Barbara. She smiled.

“Love to,” I told him.

END of Part 7

Rev 2/18/2003