The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

HOSTEL

Chapter Nine — Ready to Leave

The redhead swayed gently from side to side as if caught in a slight breeze. Her soft brown eyes drifted to the coat hook on the back of the stall door and remained there, holding a steady gaze even as her head drifted back and forth. Her chest rose and fell in slow, even waves.

Rebecca tried again. “Emily? Can you hear me?”

Emily’s full red lips opened, displaying two rows of pearly white teeth. She had always been a religious tooth-brusher. The kind of person who eagerly looked forward to her next dental appointment, if only in anticipation of the praise she was bound to get from the dentist. Such lovely teeth. Such a lovely young woman.

Rebecca’s Emily. This Emily.

The swaying continued. Emily said nothing. Her sparkly silver dress cast disco light spots on the black stall dividers. Rebecca began to worry, not for the first time, that she’d broken something. What if Emily’s mind was in ruins, just like Olivia’s? What would she do? What could she do? Drag her back home? Leave her in a Berlin hospital? Beg Alice to make her whole again? Please, Alice, I don’t know what to do. She thought of Emily walking out of the hostel under a new name, a one-way plane ticket to Bali in her small, delicate hand. “Sorry, dearie,” Alice would tell her. And that would be that.

“Yes.”

Rebecca looked up from the dirty floor. Emily was no longer swaying back and forth. Her eyes were still locked to the coat hook. “I hear you,” she said. Her voice was dull and tired. And hot. So fucking hot.

“Are you there? It’s me, Rebecca.”

“I am deeply hypnotized.” Emily was standing ramrod-straight now, arms pulled against her sides, feet locked together and pointing forward. “When I hear the special words, I will fall into a deep hypnotic trance. I will go as deep as I can go. I will be deeply hypnotized for Rebecca.”

It had been so long that Rebecca had actually forgotten what the exact commands were. She stopped to gather her thoughts. “When you’re this deep, you must do exactly as I say. You can’t think. It’s impossible to think. You can only obey me.”

“Can’t think. Impossible to think. Obey.”

The door to the restroom opened with a loud bang. Wub wub wub wub bass filled the room. Rebecca instantly turned and glared at the offending noise. Emily’s eyes remained fixed on the coat hook.

“Ist er eine Jungfrau?” A young woman’s voice, bubbly and more than a little drunk.

She had a friend with her. “Was? NEIN! Natürlich nicht!”

Rebecca heard scuffling sounds as the two voices dropped into excited whispers. “Da sind zwei Mädchen drin…”

Oh shit. Do they see us? Are they looking under the stall door?

“Sie werden rummachen!!” More giggles.

Rebecca knew enough German to know what that meant. She looked into Emily’s eyes. “Emily, when I snap my fingers, you’ll have an overwhelming urge to kiss me.” Her hand reached for the lock on the stall door.

“No.” Emily stared through her. “I am not… attracted to you. Evvvv… er. Can’t…”

Fuck. Rebecca’s own programming had come back to bite her in the ass. One look at her friend’s mindless, empty face would probably send the two German gals scuttling off to find a bouncer. At the very least they would talk about it, and word would get back to Alice. Perhaps Alice would pry the memory out of their sleepy, mesmerized heads. But if she couldn’t get the redhead to make out with her…

“Emily. Wake up.” She snapped her fingers several times. “Wake up. I command you to wake up.”

“I am deeply hypnotized,” was Emily’s only response.

Rebecca closed her eyes and unlocked the stall door, preparing to push it open. Her hand closed around her special little pendant.

“Oh my God, you guys!” Celeste burst into the restroom, forcing the door hard enough to leave a quarter-sized hole in the wall behind it. She lowered her voice to an excited hush. ”You guyssssss! Oh my God oh my God Brad Pitt is in the fucking nightclub! Holy fucking shit, you have to see thisssss!” She glanced back towards the club, the back to the German girls. “OhmyGod I think he’s leaving hurrrry!”

The girls rudely brushed past Celeste and hurried out towards the dance floor, a place where Brad Pitt most certainly wasn’t to be found. The brunette snorted and laughed. “Holy shit, how the fuck does anyone fall for that? Hey Rebecca, are you alive in there?”

On cue, Rebecca emerged from the stall. She held Emily’s hand in hers and led the mesmerized girl over to the sinks. She watched as Celeste’s happy face widened with surprise.

“Oh, shit! Did she take something? Wait!” The surprise quickly morphed into a happy smile. “Did you hypnotize her? Is she hypnotized? Emily, are you hypnotized right now?” She waved her hand in front of Emily’s face. “Wow, she’s really out of it.”

“I got her under, but I can’t wake her.” Tears formed in Rebecca’s eyes. “I fucked it up somehow. I never used this on her before. Maybe she’s too deep? I just… you have to help me, Celeste. I don’t know what to do.”

Her lover was instantly by her side. “Hey, hey, it’ll be okay, okay?” Celeste began to stroke her hair. “We can take her to Alice, and Alice can hypnotize her, or maybe de-hyp—“

“NO.”

Celeste jumped back in surprise. “I’m sorry, Rebecca! I’m sorry! I just thought that… you know, she’s really good at this.”

“I don’t want Alice to ever find out about this,” Rebecca said. Her eyes hardened. “There’s another way.” She turned to the redhead. “Emily, listen to me.”

“Yes, Rebecca.”

“God, that’s so fucking hot.” Celeste licked her lips.

Rebecca shook her head. “No,” she mouthed. “Emily, you will follow Celeste. You will go wherever she goes, and you will do whatever she tells you to do. Understand?”

“Yes, Rebecca.”

* * *

The alley smelled like piss and cigarette butts. It was filled with both. Emily, still lost in trance, blithely splashed through the muck in her fancy heels. Celeste, cursed with awareness, tried to hold her nose and Emily’s hand at the same time. “C’mon, party girl,” she said, giving a forceful tug. “Let’s get you back to the hostel.”

Behind her, Peter winked and slammed the rusty door shut. He palmed the twenty-euro note that Rebecca had given to him and made his way back to the bar. Just a quick cigarette break, he explained to the sour-faced Italian girls he found waiting for his return. Looking above their dark brown heads, he spotted Rebecca moving across the club and flashed a quick thumbs-up sign. She nodded and moved on. Then the girls began to order all at once, in furious Italian, and he stopped thinking about Rebecca.

* * *

The girl was stunning. Asian, tall, and with incredible dark hair that spilled down her back like a stream. She was staring into Alice’s glacial eyes, completely motionless. Completely hypnotized. This was the fate of every pretty girl at Club Trabant. Ensnared, recruited, used. Programmed. Rebecca closed in.

“That’s right, dearie. You’re feeling so, so tired right now. It’s been a long day and you’re so very, very tired. Too tired to go back across town, too tired to make such a loooong journey.” Alice looked up at Rebecca and winked. “You’d like very much to come back to my hostel and have a good night’s rest, wouldn’t you?”

“Yessss…” the girl slurred. “Ssssooo… tired.”

“Good girl. Now quiet your mind for a moment, dearie.”

“Yes.”

Fei was sitting deep in the booth, and there was enough room for Rebecca to slide next to her. “Another assistant, Alice?”

Alice scrunched her face in response. “I suppose I could have her replace you, Rebecca, but I’m afraid she’s not quite as talented of a hypnotist. Although she is quite good at being hypnotized. Isn’t that right, Fei?”

“Yes, Alice.”

The Irish woman turned her attention back to Rebecca. “So, what brings you to my table, dearie? Care to try your hand at putting another girl under? Fei’s almost finished here, and there’s no shortage of useful girls in the club tonight. She pointed to the twins who had come with Emily, now out on the dance floor flirting with the locals. “Of course, some of them are already under my spell. Our spell, I suppose I should say!”

“I suppose you could.”

“I suppose I shall, then!” Alice laughed. The hypnotized girl remained frozen in place. “How was your day, dearie? I was hoping to show you the workings of my filing system. I’m falling woefully behind in my paperwork. Would much rather spend time in here with all of you! Ah, can I be an old woman already? Am I an old maid?”

Alice’s true age was something that Rebecca never bothered to think much about. If pressed on it, she would have ventured an estimate of early-to-mid forties. Young enough to not seem out of place in Club Trabant, old enough to command the air of authority she used to mentally dominate her guests and customers. Looking at her, Rebecca was reminded of the old adage that evil ages the body; either Alice wasn’t truly evil, or she’d started off as a gorgeous model and gone from there.

“I, um… I was with Celeste all day,” she said. It wasn’t a lie, and Alice nodded with approval.

“Oh! Lovely! Have you been doing what I asked? Controlling her? Making her do whatever you like?”

“I have.” That wasn’t a lie, either. “She’s been responding really well. She’s still madly in love with me, though. It’s still a little weird.”

“A beautiful young lass at your beck and call? Hardly weird, Rebecca. I assume that you’ve had plenty such lovers back home. This one just came to you a little differently, that’s all!”

“I guess.” Rebecca saw an opening and dove in. “Maybe… maybe I should turn her back to normal? Or, closer to normal? I could just hypnotize her and give her a few suggestions. Not… I mean, I wouldn’t free her or anything. Just make her a little more like she was before we brainwashed her.”

“You’ll do no such thing, Rebecca, and you know it!” Alice chuckled to herself and paused to wipe a tear from her eye. Oh, no no no, Rebecca! I haven’t fully taken your leash off, and this is why. You won’t undo or modify any of my suggestions unless I specifically ask you to, is that understood?”

Rebecca feigned blankness. “Yes, Alice. I understand.”

“Good. Now—“ Alice turned back to the beautiful girl in the booth. “Fei here has a date with a special chair in my hostel, doesn’t she? Lovely girl. I’ve been watching her for a while. She’s one of Arthur’s girls. Was, mind you.” She paused for dramatic effect. “If he’s going to break one of my girls, I’m going to poach one of his.”

“Wait. You’re stealing her?

Alice looked at Rebecca with surprise. “Well of course, dearie! I’m not about to politely send her back, am I? I’m afraid that’s the nature of this business. You’ll have to learn that if you want to be a success here. Arthur tries to steal my Olivia, I steal his lovely Fei in return.” She lowered her voice and leaned towards Rebecca. “And if he tries to steal her back, well, Fei will be programmed to deal with that.”

Rebecca looked over the mindless girl in front of her. She tried to picture Fei holding a knife to Arthur’s throat, or whatever it was that Alice planned for enemies who crossed her path. She couldn’t do it. Alice’s girls were happy, above all else. Satisfied with their vacation, their hostel, and their host. Could they whip out a weapon and commit murder on command?

Could Emily?

“Alice…” she began. “I’m… I mean, hypnosis is one thing. But murder?”

“You have to be ruthless in this business, Rebecca. I hate to say it. I’m not ruthless by nature. Far from it! But there are men out there who will take everything you have if you’re not careful.” She looked Rebecca up and down. “Women, too. I’ve no concerns about protecting what is mine. If someone were to try to steal it… well. I’ve been thinking about branching out a bit. Programming Arthur’s daughter like that really gave me a few ideas!”

Jesus, she’s serious. Rebecca’s stomach churned. It was time to get out of here and get back to rescuing Emily and Celeste. Time spent was Alice was time wasted swimming upstream, away from the ocean and freedom.

“I should probably go,” she began, placing her hands on the table as a first step towards getting up and getting away. “Celeste is back at the room. She’s probably wondering where I am.” Go. Go. Go…

Alice raised a single finger into the air. “Wait one second. Hear me out! Just imagine, Rebecca. You spy a lovely woman at the bar, or on the dance floor. Someone like Fei, or Celeste. Young and beautiful and ready to go into trance for you. You spin that crystal of yours and bring her back to the hostel, same as always. But what if that wasn’t the end of it?”

“It’s not the end of it,” Rebecca countered. She nearly bit her tongue. Why are you arguing with her go Rebecca GO GO “We brainwash them into… we give them a password.”

“Exactly!” Alice was very happy. “Exactly, Rebecca! We sell passwords! But we’re limiting ourselves, aren’t we? Selling those passwords to lonely businessmen and randy local boys? It’s a machine that only does one thing, dearie, and that’s boring! Would you rather a phone that only takes calls or one that can do everything? A silly question!”

She crossed her arms in triumph. “Imagine the perfect lover, the perfect spy, the perfect courier, the perfect assassin… all wrapped up in one beautiful package? We’d clear a fortune! No crude drugs or or torture, either. Nothing like what Arthur used on poor Angela. Nothing but straight hypnosis and brainwashing, you and I working together, churning out little Hayleys round the clock.”

“Spy stuff is more dangerous than… you know. What we do now. They could get hurt. They could get arrested.” Well, that last one would be good. It would bring Alice down.

The Irish woman’s enthusiasm for her new ideas seemed boundless, and Rebecca’s critiques barely made a dent in it. If anything, she seemed to pick up speed.

“Indeed, they could, but what would it matter? Say one of our girls gets caught by the police. In that very moment, an implanted suggestion manifests itself, and her mind goes blank. And there you have it! She’ll have no memory of you, or me, or the hostel. Oh, it’s bloody perfect. We’ll start with Fei here, tonight! We’ll call it ‘Sleeper Services.’ No, that’s too obvious. But yes! It’s settled, then!”

“Okay, it’s settled.” Rebecca stood, eager to get back to the hostel. “We can talk about it in the morning, right? I’m pretty tuckered out. And Celeste is waiting.”

“Oh no, not quite, dearie!” Alice’s blue eyes burned like candles. “I’ve got a date for the dance, but you’re sorely lacking, aren’t you? Let’s go find you an unwilling partner. Fancy another brunette?”

“I mean, Fei’s probably enough for—“

“Or, we can stop by your room and collect Celeste. That girl is so very open to suggestion! She’ll make an excellent subject.”

Just the thought of Celeste being used as a brainwashed assassin made Rebecca’s blood boil. Anger surged through her body, waging a brief war against the muscles that held her poker face in place. Calm down. Calm down. She won’t get her. She won’t. “What… what are you going to do with Fei? We can’t just leave her here.”

“Do you think this is my first day on the job, Rebecca? I’m quite disappointed. Fei, dearie, please stand up.”

The dark-haired girl did as she was told. “Yes, Alice.”

“You are still deeply, deeply asleep, but when I snap my fingers, you will act as if you are wide awake. When I snap my fingers again you will drop ten times deeper into trance. Do you understand?”

“Yes, Alice.”

They moved out of the booth and headed for the bar. “It’s showtime, Rebecca.”

* * *

“Hypnosis? Like, you turn people into chickens and stuff?”

Rebecca faked a laugh. Inside, she felt was dying. She was about to ruin another life, and there was nothing anyone could do to stop her. “Ha ha, I know. But seriously? I have never, ever turned anyone into a chicken. I want to be a therapist, not a magician. The pay is way better.”

It was happening. Another beautiful woman was going to fall into Alice’s clutches. Unless… I can insult her. Make her too angry to be hypnotized. Too angry to talk to us. Nice dress, slut, did you rob a hooker for it?

But then Alice would simply find a different girl for her, and the whole thing would start over. Each failed attempt would make Alice more and more unhappy. More importantly, it risked making her more and more suspicious. Perhaps enough to speak to Celeste about it. Enough to notice the freshly-planted seeds of independent thought. Enough to crush them and send Celeste back into mindless servitude.

And then she would find out about Emily.

She could run. That was always an option. Just drop everything and run like hell, out of the club, out of Berlin, maybe even out of Germany, until she was far enough away from Alice’s network of puppets and spies to call her parents and beg them to buy her a new ticket home. Alice wasn’t omnipotent. A girl could travel anywhere from Hauptbahnhof station. Amsterdam was only six hours away.

Emily knew where she lived. Knew where her parents lived. Knew everything about her. How long would it be before Emily—the perfect spy, the perfect assassin—showed up at her door?

But Rebecca knew that Alice wouldn’t settle for that. She would make it personal. When Rebecca opened her front door on that last, fatal day, it wouldn’t be Emily standing there, gun in hand. It would be Celeste. Blank, mindless, programmed to kill. Programmed to use the last bullet on herself. You have to be ruthless in this business, Rebecca.

Running was an option, but a doomed one. Or, just for tonight, she could take this girl’s mind and potentially rescue all of them.

One girl to save them all, Frodo. One girl. She’s only one girl. It’s only-

“Hypnosis?” A lilting Irish accent broke her train of thought. “Oh, that’s a load of bloody nonsense, dearie! Are you telling me that you can simply put someone into a hypnotic trance just by waving a crystal?” Alice raised her eyebrows in mock indignation. “Can’t be done.”

“See?” Penelope—not Penny, never Penny, she insisted—nodded in agreement. She had pretty aquamarine eyes and a nice smile. In another life, Rebecca might have worked up the courage to ask her out. Or, with a goading Emily by her side, turn the girl into a chicken.

Instead, she took the next step towards enslavement.

“I’ll make a bet with the both of you. Here, check this out.” She pulled the crystal from her pocket, and all three women—even Fei—rolled their eyes and groaned. “I’m serious! If I can hypnotize you, miss—“

“Call me Alice, dearie.”

“If I can hypnotize you, Alice, you both owe me a vodka tonic. But if I can’t hypnotize you, if I can’t put you into a deep, deep, relaxing trance, just by listening to the sound of my voice, making you feel so sleepy and hypnotized… deep and hypnotized… I’ll buy you anything you like for the rest of the night.”

“Oh ho ho ho, dearie, I may not look like much of a drinker, but… safe to say you’ll be visiting a cash point before the night is over!” Alice winked at Penelope. “Are you game, dearie?”

The girl blinked and shook her head. “Um, yeah, sure. Count me in. One beer versus twenty? I can drink em down too, Rebecca. Wisconsin girl right here. You’ve been warned!”

“Okay.” Rebecca dangled the crystal in front of Alice’s glacial eyes. Maybe I can hypnotize her for real, holy shit, that would be… please God let her be hypnotized, let her be hypnotized. “Here we go. Take a deep breath, Alice.”

Rebecca glanced at the two other girls. Fei, deeply entranced but programmed to act awake, showed no emotion. Penelope’s eyelids were already starting to sag. She seemed to realize it, and tore her gaze away from the crystal with some effort. “Stay strong, Alice,” she said. “I believe in you. Stay strong!”

“No talking,” said Rebecca. “Just watching. Back and forth. Back… and forth…”

“Back… and forth…” said Alice. Her musical voice was low and distant. “Back…”

Penelope glanced around the room. At Rebecca, at the bar, at Fei… trying to look anywhere but where her eyes really wanted to go. The crystal finally passed into her line of sight, and her face instantly softened, lips parting ever so slightly as her body relaxed.

“Focus on the sound of my voice,” said Rebecca. It was so easy to find her voice, that silky, commanding sound that lulled so many men and women into a deep trance. The voice and the talent that a thousand other hypnotists would kill for. Sitting here in a loud bar, an off-key karaoke rendition of “Fortunate Son” warbling in the background, patrons circling around them like movie-set extras, as she effortlessly wove a spell around her victims. Three victims, to be precise—one already hypnotized, one well on her way to being hypnotized, and one who absolutely, positively needed to be hypnotized.

“Watch the pretty crystal. You see nothing but the crystal. You hear nothing but my voice.”

God, I hope this works.

Hypnosis didn’t really work that way, of course. Except that it did, when it was Rebecca holding the pendant and saying the words. She knew it. Alice knew it. I’m different than other hypnotists. I’m better. She pressed forward, eagerly.

“Only my voice, Alice. Only the crystal.”

To be continued…