The Erotic Mind-Control Story Archive

(mf, fd, md, mc)

Synopsis: Six friends get together for their quarterly reunion. When one of them claims to have become a master hypnotist, things take a turn for the unexpected.

The Kissing Factor

((Author’s note: this piece is being written for a patron of Spell... B-O-U-N-D—thanks for the inspiration, hypnosub1!—and it’s a bit of a slow burn. If you liked Losers Can’t Be Choosers, chances are you’ll like where this one will eventually lead. Please enjoy.))

1 — The Gathering

Kabir took a sip of his favorite root beer and placed his left arm around his girlfriend’s neck. His eyes glimmered under the triangular vintage lamp hanging from the ceiling. He had been waiting for the right opportunity for more than an hour, and the unexpected lull in an otherwise jolly conversation through and through could very well be it. This was to be his moment of glory Smiling like a young child who had just unwrapped the Christmas present of his dreams, he said:

“Let me tell you a story...”

“Here we go again...” Gloria chuckled. Kabir always had crazy tales to tell after visiting his family in Bengaluru with most of them ending in either sheer embarrassment or copious laughter, sometimes both. The poor guy couldn’t help himself but perhaps it was their parent’s fault. They shouldn’t have called him “Great” when, most of the times, all he could aspire was to float just a little above mediocre waters despite his tremendous imagination.

“I wonder what will it be this time...” Paula mused.

“Don’t look at me!” Natasha evaded her inquisitive gaze. Being his companion didn’t give her an automatic clear knowledge of what was going on inside his head, probably for the best since he rarely wanted to be in there either.

“This is a story about a woman called Alana Sinclair...” he began. “ Her birthday parties were the bread and butter of paparazzi and other social vampires desperate to find their next prey amidst a raging sea of fake smiles, fake tits, and fake friendships. Having spent the last decade climbing the social ladder, the twenty-nine-year old blonde socialite had finally created her extravagant pocket of reality, one that was as fictive as the fabulous wealth she claimed to possess. Not that it mattered much in the grand scheme of things seeing most of her acquaintances and connections lived off smoke and mirrors, too.

“However, it hadn’t always been like this. As a teenager, Alana was a pretty wild girl with a penchant for leather boots and pink bubblegum. She loved hanging out with friends, drinking all things forbidden when her parents weren’t around, and driving without a license simply because it was fun. She kissed her first boy at fourteen and a half, her first girl six months later, and lost her virginity to the two genders on the back of an old pick-up truck two weeks after that on a night where a full moon dominated the Louisiana skies. It was raw, intense, a carnal experience she would never forget until...”

“... until what?” Belinda immediately put an end to the dramatic pause even before it started. Just like everyone else at the table, she had played his games before and the longer they dragged on the less impact they had.

“... she did because it never happened.” Kabir said, a knowing smile on his moist lips. “It was easy to make her remember but even easier to make her forget right after.”

“What are you talking about? Is that the plot of one of your books or something?” Gloria muttered, hazelnut eyes dividing her attention between the colorful commentary and the call of social media on the blue screen of her phone.

“Why don’t you tell them, babe?” Kabir urged his girlfriend. Although her golden backless sequin dress was a certified wake-up call for all things horny, the young girl was too tired even for the simplest innuendo.

“Tell them what? I do not understand what you just said.”

“And what’s how I like it...” He grinned.

“What did I miss?” Denise intervened as she returned to the table holding two small trays filled with shrimp delicacies.

“That’s what we’re all trying to figure out.” Paula shrugged. “One of those is for me, right?”

“Help yourself.”

Kabir held the beer bottle up high. He had had too many drinks already, but no one dared tell him that. “Man, I’m good!” He laughed.

“Good at what? Making up stuff on the fly that no one understands except you?” Belinda smirked. Her tongue was always sharp and so were the half a dozen silver spikes piercing her right ear. “Is Alana Sinclair one of your characters or not?”

“Something like that...”

“It either is, or it isn’t. There’s no middle ground, you know?” Gloria finished her drink.

“Unless there’s hypnosis involved...” he replied.

“Hypnosis?” Paula blinked as she ate the first of many pieces of fresh seafood for the evening.

“Yep.”

“You’re not suggesting you became a master hypnotist since the last time we saw you, right?” Denise accompanied her friend in indulging her palate.

“Look at that smirk! Of course, he is!” Belinda exclaimed.

“I’m lucky to have found the perfect subject to play with.” He rubbed Natasha’s left shoulder.

“Who?” the bewildered brunette bombshell asked.

“I think he’s talking about you...” Gloria pointed fingers.

“Bingo!” Kabir retorted. “I learned how to hypnotize people during my last trip home and I’ve been evolving my skills ever since. Don’t worry, it’s all consensual. It’s just Nat is just so easy to program I can make her believe anything I want and then forget on command, too. Alana is my greatest achievement.”

“Get the fuck out of here!” Natasha exclaimed, the sudden revelation becoming the boost she needed to wake up. “You never hypnotized me.”

“Didn’t I?”

The six friends were gathered at Paula’s mom restaurant for their seventeenth quarterly reunion, a tradition they hoped to repeat for many years to come. A lot of things had changed since college days but those that did were scarce compared to the ones that remained the same. Their connection thrived on those constant elements and always made sure their gatherings were a blast.

Three weeks away from completing her twenty-sixth birthday, Gloria was a wannabe redhead that never seemed to get her hair color right. Sometimes, it was too dark, like she had drenched her whole scalp in blood, sometimes too bright, an incandescent orange hue burning from the top of her forehead to her delicate shoulders. Though not her dream job, working as a Chemistry teacher in a private school was proving to be a engaging experience. Her students agreed despite most of them being more focused on watching her ass sway when she walked in class than anything else she had to impart on their still forming brains.

Denise, now aged twenty-five, was the quietest of the bunch. When she wasn’t drinking strawberry daiquiris, she often sat in her corner, absorbing the dignity—or lack—of everyone else’s behavior. While people could confound her quiet demure with natural submissiveness, those that got to know her, knew of the fierce lion hiding behind her crystalline blue eyes. Awakening it was a terrible idea and letting it run loose something one shouldn’t even consider.

Younger than the other two, Paula was a no-frills woman of mixed heritage. In her veins, ran the blood of two continents. South American on her father’s side and Asian on her mother’s, her most prominent characteristic was a dry sense of humor that caught everyone by surprise. Not one to hold back, she always said what needed to be said, a fact that, right from the start, put her on Belinda’s short list of ‘most loved persons in the world,’ which was quite the achievement.

Speaking of Belinda, the smartest of the group was also the only one that strayed from the norm of simply heterosexual individuals. Bi from the moment she was old enough to understand what the word meant, she attracted lovers like a spider lures flies with the precious advantage of not eating them whole unless they really wanted to. Confident from head to toe, she had met no one she couldn’t disarm in a simple battle of wits but some people just didn’t have them in abundance, case in point Natasha.

Everyone loved her, everyone thought she was super cute but since day one, the twenty-four-year-old hotel receptionist had shown incredible poor judgment in relationships and general life choices. Of the ten boyfriends she had between freshman and sophomore year, nine had been complete assholes who knew nothing of the proper ways to treat a woman and yet she had pined for them all, seeking their counsel and approval when all they offered was a hard cock for her to swallow. Kabir had been the exception although that too was now in doubt.

The aspiring novelist who had started his writing “career” with a mix of Metroid and Halo fanfics on a borrowed laptop before moving on to having the whopping number of almost two pieces of original flash fiction published online had won the other women’s trust a few years back after single-handedly preventing a burglary attempt outside Campus. When stopping a deranged individual from stealing their purses, he had accidentally stolen Natasha’s heart who was still rebounding from her last break-up. Inseparable ever since, he had helped her overcome serious self-esteem and trust issues only to have them resurface in front of everyone else when his little gag went south.

“Kabir, stop this nonsense! It isn’t funny!” Natasha insisted. They hadn’t even started eating yet and the future meal was already sour.

“It’s just a game, dear. One you agreed to play. Hell, you even agreed to this little drama, yesterday!”

“Don’t be ridiculous!” She pushed his arm away. “Why would I agree to be a hypnotic subject when you know I hate those things? God, you can be so exasperating, sometimes!”

“She’s right, Kabir.” Gloria cuddled the distressed Natasha. “I don’t know what prank you’re trying to pull off here but it isn’t funny.”

“It’s not a...” he sighed. “Okay, how about I give you folks a demonstration of what I mean?”

“Are you serious?” Belinda asked.

“Yeah. Like I said, it’s all consensual, but she doesn’t remember it when she’s not entranced. However, if I snap my fingers and say ‘Activate Alana’...”

Natasha heard the snap and immediately perked up, the confused mask that had taken over her pearly smile replaced by the confidence of a woman who knew what she wanted, how to get it, and how to keep fighting for it if by any chance her original intentions fell flat. Alana was the epitome of perseverance despite being equally affected by “new rich syndrome” as evidenced by her annoying new intonation.

“... as I was saying, Mom and Dad are quite happy with the new Johannesburg Hotel and you’re all invited for a stay there after the high season is over. Oh my, look at the time! It’s almost nine and I’ve been sitting on the cake for far too long. I know you’ve all been dying to know what flavor I picked up for this year’s celebration and... voilá! You haven’t lived until you tried out this pineapple, ginger, and mint combo, I assure you! Don’t worry though. For those of you who are too square for novel stuff, there’s a wide assortment of other sweet pastry waiting for you in the next room. Thank you all for coming and let’s keep this party going! Hit it, DJ!” She said.

“Nat? What the hell was that?” Gloria asked.

“Who’s Nat, bitch? Geez, Dahlia, when did your hair became like a carrot patch? That color looks awful.”

“Who’s Dahlia?” Belinda leaned forward still trying to determine if what she was seeing was real or not.

Kabir reached for the back pocket of his denim pants and laid down a red-covered notebook on the table. A whole hypnotic meta-universe was written there, strands of imaginary people intersecting in a narrative that was already growing too big for itself. “Alana’s BFF, the first girl she ever kissed. They’ve been through a lot these two. At least, in her mind.”

“Come on guys, this is still part of the prank!” Belinda said.

“I don’t think so...” Paula disagreed. “Look at how glassy her eyes are, like she’s high or something!”

“Well... she is.” Kabir explained. “She loves the character, she loves the role, and lives it intensely whenever she’s under. The last scene we played out together was one of the birthday parties I mentioned earlier. The moment her subconscious embraced the fantasy once more, she came back to familiar ground. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m sticking to a good old chocolate cake tonight.”

“You’re such a spoilsport, Damian! Why did I ever agree to marry you?” Alana frowned.

“Well shit! I certainly didn’t see that one coming!” Denise said. “You had her call you Damian?”

“She chose that name herself, I just suggested we were married. It’s amazing what she comes up when her mind is unleashed.” Kabir replied.

“And you can do this at will?”

“In theory, yes, because the trigger has been imprinted in her mind. However, I also installed a safeguard in case she’s not really feeling up for it in which case Alana won’t come out. Not the case this time as you can see, and if snap my fingers and say ‘Deactivate Alana’, well...”

Natasha blinked and rolled her tongue off her cherry-painted lips as she fluttered back to consciousness. “Is anyone else craving some pineapple right now or is it just me?”

“I think it’s just you, Alana.” Belinda said.

“Huh? Why did you call me that just now?”

“I told you she doesn’t remember...” Kabir whispered.

“Remember what?”

“Well, do I get the title of most amazing revelation of this gathering or not?” He chirped.

“The most unexpected one for sure…” Gloria nodded. “Who knew you two were into such kinky shit?”

“The real kinky part is between her and I. I’m sure you all have questions and I’m more than willing to answer but I have a question, too. My skills are open for business tonight. Which one of you wants to go under next?”